when the going gets toughgoing, the toughgoing get going的两层意思?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some of this article's
may not be . Please help this article by looking for better, more reliable sources. Unreliable citations may be challenged or deleted.
(April 2017) ()
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going" is a popular .
The phrase is a play on words involving idiomatic (Proverb) and distinct meanings of "go" and "tough." In context, "the " means "the situation," "gets tough" means "becomes difficult," "the tough" means "people who are strong or enduring," and "get going" means "become fully engaged." Taken together, the meaning of the phrase is "When the situation becomes difficult, the strong will become engaged."
The phrase is an example of .
Another interpretation could mean, "Those who act tough and proud will vacate a situation when it becomes difficult lest they be proven not as tough as they appear to be."
The origin of the phrase has been attributed both to
(),[] father of U.S. President , and sometimes to Norwegian-born American football player and coach
(). Currently it is used as a management motivational talk and is popular in many self-help books.
: Hidden categories:When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going-easy virtue, When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get GoingMP3下载,歌词下载 - 虾米音乐
When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going
@微博好友,送歌给Ta!
Sorry,此歌曲暂无文本歌词。
爱了两年的曲子。高兴没有烂大街哦
Remember who you are. Never forget that!
使用手机扫码收听单曲
打开虾米音乐APP
点击 扫一扫
扫描二维码
收藏When The Going Get的人们
听When The Going Get的人也听
关注虾米:扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
when the goings gets tough,the tough get going后面那半句为什么不是 the tough gets going
作业帮用户
扫二维码下载作业帮
3亿+用户的选择
不是,联系前句,tough在这里是形容词,后面省略了主语复数形式,所以不用单三形式
省略的主语是啥?
这句话的意思是:当情况变得艰苦时,只有吃苦耐劳的人能继续前进
那么很显然,the tough指的是能吃苦耐劳的人,the tough后面省略了主语people
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
因为the tough是不可数
不可数更应该用单数吧?
扫描下载二维码When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going. ~ Billy Ocean
| LinkedIn
When I was growing up in the 1980's I remember one particular song that captured my attention. It was a big top forty hit by Billy Ocean called, When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going. It wasn't the beat of the song that attracted me. It was the song title and the sentiment it championed deep inside of me.
Sooner or later the going gets tough for each and every one of us. It could be troubles at work, a financial crisis or a relationship issue. Some obstacles are quite manageable while others prove to be incredibly challenging. Sometimes these situations are within our control and other times they are not. Regardless, the people who understand how to manage their responses when the going gets tough are the ones who ultimately adapt and thrive.
It’s not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change. ~ Charles Darwin
Let me share a few ways the tough get themselves going that could make a difference as you navigate through the inevitable ups and downs along the way:
Failure is an integral part of the learning process. It is a part of life. If you welcome change in a positive manner, any setback you experience has the potential to become a moment of growth and learning.
All things shall pass. Your tough moment is only temporary and will come to an end. Remain strong, believe in yourself and the crisis will pass.
Surround yourself in positive energy. Avoid people and things that destabilize you with negative thoughts. Feed your mind, body and soul constructively and not destructively. For me personally that means spending quality time with family and friends, practicing yoga and working with my favorite educational non-profit.
Focus on your long term goals. Lear don't allow yourself to be discouraged. Move beyond the setbacks and thrust forward. Fine tune your strategies and employ them diligently.
Celebrate small victories along the way. Take pleasure in the journey as much as the destination. In the words of another famous songwriter:
It's got to be the going not the getting there that's good. ~ Harry Chapin
Looking for more of the latest headlines on LinkedIn?

我要回帖

更多关于 begoingtowhen 的文章

随机推荐