哋址:北京市海淀区中关村大街19号 新中关大厦A座12-15层
邮编:100080
电话:+3 & 传真:+6
Copyright (C)
All Rights Reserved 京ICP备号您当前的位置: &>&&>&
渶语听力学习
英语听力推荐
Copyright &
All Rights ReservedTPO 12 Conversation 1   Narrator  Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.   Student  So Professor Tibets, your notes said that you want to see me about my  heavy-weight paper. I have to say that grade wasn’t what I was expecting. I  thought I’d done a pretty good job.  Professor  Oh, you did. But do you really want to settle for pretty good when you can do  something very good?  Student  You think it can be very good?  Professor  Absolutely!  Student  Would that mean you’d…I could get a better grade?  Professor  Oh, sorry! It’s not for your grade. It's…I think you could learn a lot by revising it.  Student  You mean, rewrite the whole thing? I really swamped. There’re deadlines  wherever I turn and… and I don’t really know how much time I could give it.  Professor  Well, it is a busy time, with spring break coming up next week. It’s your call.  But I think with all a little extra effort, you could really turn this into a fine essay.  Student   No… yeah…I mean, after I read your comments, I...I can see how it tries to do  too much.  Professor  Yeah. It’s just too ambitious for the scope of the assignment.  Student  So I should cut out the historical part?  Professor  Yes. I would just stick to the topic. Anything unrelated to the use of nature  EMITRY has no place in the paper. All that tangential material just distracted  from the main argument.  Student  Yeah, I never know how much to include. You know…where to draw the line?  Professor  Tell me about it! All writers struggled without one. But it’s something you can  learn. That will become more clear with practice. But I think if you just cut out  the…emm…  Student  The stuff about history, but if I cut out those sections, won’t it be too short?  Professor  Well, better a short well-structured paper than a long paper that  poorly-structured and wanders off topic.  Student  So all I have to do is to leave those sections?  Professor  Well, not so fast. After you cut out those sections, you’ll have to go back and  revise the rest, to see how it all fits together. And of course, you’ll have to  revise the introduction too, to accurately describe what you do in the body of   the paper. But that shouldn’t be too difficult. Just remember to keep the  discussion focused. Do you think you can get it to me by noon tomorrow?  Student  Wow…emm…I have so much…er…but I’ll try.  Professor  OK, good! Do try! But if you can’t, well, sure for after spring break, OK?
  TOEFL交流集中營
  |||
精彩视频新东方新托福考试听力特训新东方新托福听力_新东方新东方托福听力┅对一_新托福保分班靠谱吗_托福保1新东方在线2噺东方在线3新东方在线4新东方在线
托福(Toefl)热门培訓
考试答疑微信
版权所有 深圳市诺达实业有限公司 &
All Rights Reserved 粤ICP备号-3

我要回帖

更多关于 老托福听力真题 的文章

随机推荐