the big boxvolume is too big...

Former Citigroup Chairman & CEO Sanford I. Weill, the man who invented the financial supermarket, called for the breakup of big banks in an interview on CNBC Wednesday.
Getty Images
Sandy Weill
“What we should probably do is go and split up investment banking from banking, have banks be deposit takers, have banks make commercial loans and real estate loans, have banks do something that’s not going to risk the taxpayer dollars, that’s not too big to fail,” Weill told CNBC’s
He added: “If they want to hedge what they’re doing with their investments, let them do it in a way that’s going to be mark-to-market so they’re never going to be hit.”
He essentially called for the return of the Glass–Steagall Act, which imposed banking reforms that split banks from other financial institutions such as insurance companies.
“I’m suggesting that they be broken up so that the taxpayer will never be at risk, the depositors won’t be at risk, the leverage of the banks will be something reasonable, and the investment banks can do trading, they’re not subject to aVolker rule they can make some mistakes, but they’ll have everything that clears with each other every single night so they can be mark-to-market,” Weill said.
He said banks should be split off entirely from investment banks, and they should operate with a leverage ratio of 12 times to 15 times of what they have on their balance sheets. Banks should also be completely transparent, Weill said, with everything on balance sheet. “There should be no such thing as off balance sheet,” he said.
Weill: Time to Separate Investment Banks
&If the financial industry is structured with transparency and with limits on how much leverage can be used, I think people will have a lot more confidence,& says Sanford Weill, former Chairman & CEO of Citigroup, discussing why he thinks it is time to break up the big banks.
If banks hedge in any way, Weill added, positions should be mark-to-market and cleared through an exchange.
Weill said that by breaking up banks, they would be “much” more profitable.
"This is what all the regional banks do and everybody says buy regional banks,” he said. “They'll just be bigger regional banks.”
Weill suggested that breaking up banks is the only way to rebuild the financial industry’s reputation in the wake of recent scandals and missteps.
“I want to see us be a leader, and what we’re doing now is not going to make us a leader,” he said.
Bank inquiries have become a “way of life” in the UK, S&P says, after British lawmakers said they planned to investigate HSBC over tax evasion claims.
The ECB's massive QE program may only be of small help to the euro zone's banks, but could boost other sectors like real estate.
The Justice Department is pushing some of the biggest banks on Wall Street to plead guilty to charges that they manipulated foreign currency prices.
Big U.S. banks say that a proposed Fed rule on higher capital requirements would penalize them if the dollar remains strong against the euro.
Bank of America used one of its units to finance trades that helped clients avoid taxes, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Bank inquiries have become a “way of life” in the UK, S&P says, after British lawmakers said they planned to investigate HSBC over tax evasion claims.
Patrick Flynn, CFO of ING, says the company has reinstated its dividend ahead of schedule and says it will look to increase the dividend every year.The computer is too big to fit into the box.The comouter is not ( ) ( ) to fit into the box_百度作业帮
The computer is too big to fit into the box.The comouter is not ( ) ( ) to fit into the box
too .to 翻译为 太.而不能此句型与not enough to 转换答案为 small enough
small enough才是正确答案 本句考察”太....以至于不能....“的表达方式 首先翻译前句提示:这台电脑太大了,放不进箱子里。 第二句中,出现了否定词not。也就是说“这台电脑不XXX,以至于放不进箱子里” 【太大】的反义词,还要带个【不】,不就是【不够小】吗?所以选择small enough <...the big box is too heavy for me to carry.为什么不加it_百度作业帮
the big box is too heavy for me to carry.为什么不加it
the big box is too big (for me) to carry too...to是固定句型,表示太···而不能.the box 是主语,后面的 too heavy for me to carry 是一个小的短语在本句充当表语修饰主语,整句话 the big box(主语)is(系)too heavy to carry(表)这个箱子太重了搬不了
可以给你说这是固定用法,不需要过多的解释,记住就行了…
the big box作的就是 carry的宾语,所以可以省略it

我要回帖

更多关于 volume is too big 的文章

随机推荐