普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
大小:110.00KB
登录百度文库,专享文档复制特权,财富值每天免费拿!
你可能喜欢Introduction to How Lightning Works
Electrical Storms
Air Ionization
Step Leaders
Flashes of lightning against clouds create an otherworldly effect. What is the science behind this beautiful -- but dangerous -- natural phenomenon? See more .
(C) Photographer: Soldeandalucia | Agency:
Lightning is one of the most beautiful displays in nature. It is also one of the most deadly natural phenomena known to man. With bolt temperatures hotter than the surface of
and shockwaves beaming out in all directions, lightning is a lesson in physical science and humility.-Beyond its powerful beauty, lightning presents science with one of its greatest local mysteries: How does it work? It is common knowledge that lightning is generated in electrically charged storm systems, but the method of cloud charging still remains elusive. In this article, we will look at lightning from the inside out so that you can understand this phenomenon.Lightning begins with a process that's less mysterious: the water cycle. To fully understand how the water cycle works, we must first understand the principles of evaporation and condensation.Evaporation is the process by which a liquid absorbs heat and changes to a vapor. A good example is a puddle of water after a rainfall. Why does the puddle dry up? The water in the puddle absorbs heat from the sun and the environment and escapes as a vapor. &Escape& is a good term to use when discussing evaporation. When the liquid is subjected to heat, its molecules move around faster. Some of the molecules may move quickly enough to break away from the surface of the liquid and carry heat away in the form of a vapor or gas. Once free from the constraints of the liquid, the vapor begins to rise into the atmosphere.Condensation is the process by which a vapor or gas loses heat and turns into a liquid. Whenever heat is transferred, it moves from a higher temperature to a lower temperature. A
uses this concept to cool your food and drinks. It provides a low-temperature environment that absorbs the heat from your beverages and foodstuffs and carries that heat away in what is known as the refrigeration cycle. In this respect, the atmosphere acts like a huge refrigerator to gas and vapors. As the vapors or gases rise, the temperatures in the surrounding air drop lower and lower. Soon, the vapor, which has carried heat away from its &mother& liquid, begins to lose heat to the atmosphere. As it rises to higher altitudes and lower temperatures, eventually enough heat is lost to cause the vapor to condense and return to a liquid state.-Let's now apply these two concepts to the water cycle.
Water or moisture on the
absorbs heat from the sun and the surroundings. When enough heat has been absorbed, some of the liquid's molecules may have enough energy to escape from the liquid and begin to rise into the atmosphere as a vapor. As the vapor rises higher and higher, the temperature of the surrounding air becomes lower and lower. Eventually, the vapor loses enough heat to the surrounding air to allow it to turn back into a liquid. Earth's gravitational pull then causes the liquid to &fall& back down to the earth, thereby completing the cycle. It should be noted that if the temperatures in the surrounding air are low enough, the vapor can condense and then freeze into snow or sleet. Once again, gravity will claim the frozen forms and they will return to the earth.In the next section, we'll see what causes electrical storms.
Please copy/paste the following text to properly cite this HowStuffWorks article:
Zavisa, John.& "How Lightning Works"& 01 April 2000.& . &/nature/natural-disasters/lightning.htm& &05 February 2015.
Citation & Date
Introduction to How Lightning Works
Electrical Storms
Air Ionization
Step Leaders
Positive Streamers and Exploding Air
Multiple Strikes
Types of Strikes and Types of Lightning
Lightning Rods
More To Explore
All Things Science
You might think of weather as something that happens around your life. It could prevent you from taking a bike ride or inspire you grab an umbrella on your way out. But there's more to weather than its ability to thwart the best-laid plans.
"It sure looks like a catastrophic storm, Bob." Or so it seems that every TV weather reporter says while standing in front of some dramatically swelling waves. But can the drama backfire? Does the hype machine cause people to overlook severe weather?
<span class="modTitle2"Most Popular
Don't Miss
CHECK OUT OUR PODCASTS
HOWSTUFFWORKS
MORE STUFF
STUFF WEBSITES
CUSTOMER SERVICE
TAKE US WITH YOU
Copyright &
HowStuffWorks,
a division of求一篇题目为The young want to be leader l的英语作文_百度知道
求一篇题目为The young want to be leader l的英语作文
oneyoungworld://www.I have been asked to speak at this years One Young World Summit inZuritch, that would also bemost appreciated. 1-4th this year about The Coalition of the Willing. If there are contacts and connectionsthat can be made to people who developed the video, I have some exciting news I wanted to share with you, One Young World Co-Founder has watchedthe video and is impressed by its
Euro RSCG Worldwide!Please help me spread /home/" target="_blank">http, being that I am so newto the group I wanted to ask around to see if I can gat some adviceand guidance. This is greatto hear because its sparking attention of people who have the abilityto reach many others?For now I can confidently say David Jones - Global CEO HavasWorldwide&#/home/) However, Sept://www.(<a href="httpHello all.Thanks for your time
其他类似问题
按默认排序
其他1条回答
Many of them can&#39.They also need advices from the old one.As far as i&#39;s the attitudes towards this phenomenon,i think it&#39.Especially among the young ,it also be a precious experience for me,every coin has two sides,re the future .Some people think that ,either boys or girls,both of them want to be leaders.They always did wekk when they are leaders. But
some people have the different ideas. What&#39.Even if we failed.They believe that?Different people hold different ideas about this phenomenon,and they&#39.They lack of working experience.the young just graduated from school a few years,youngt deal with the emergy events which happened during work, there are some good example what the young are good leaders nowWith the rapid develos better to try to be a good leader.Their thoughtm concerned.Besides,more and more characters prefer the work like managers rather than the ordinary staff
英语作文的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁The Importance of Tones and Color Values in Paintings
Painting Color Class: Tones or Values
Painting Color Class: Tones or Values.
There was a problem registering. Try again later
Did you mean ?
You can opt-out at any time.Please refer to our
for contact information.
means in a painting context is simple. It's how light or dark a color is, rather than what the actual color or
is. Yet implementing tone in a painting is often bothersome to artists because we get distracted by the strong appeal of color.
Every color can produc how light or dark these are depends on the color. It's important to realize that tones are relative, that how dark or light they seem depends on what's going on around them. A tone that's obviously light in one context may seem darker in another if it's surrounded by even lighter tones.
The number or range of tones that can be produced also varies. Lighter hues (such as yellows) will produce a smaller range of tones than darker ones (such as blacks).
Why is tone important? Here's what that master of color
had to say (in his A Painter's Notes, 1908): &When I have found the relationship of all the tones the result must be a living harmony of all the tones, a harmony not unlike that of a musical composition.&
In other words, if a painting is going to be successful, you must get your tones right, otherwise it's just going to be visual noise. The first step to doing this is to remove color from the equation, to create a range of tone using only black.
Photo Credit: Image: &2006 Marion Boddy-Evans. Licensed , Inc.