形容词比较级: sillier
最高级: silliest
名词: silliness
n.a word used for misbehaving children
○ don't be a silly
1. be knocked silly被打得失去知觉
2. Don't be silly![口]别傻啦!
3. go silly[口]成傻瓜
1. Stop playing silly buggers and help me lift this.别胡闹了,快来帮我把这个抬起来.
2. Don't refer to your sister AS a silly cow!不要叫你的妹妹做笨婆娘!
3. Sometimes she wept bitterly, but even AS she wept she wAS saying to herself: Silly fool, wetting hankies! AS if that would get you anywhere!有时她悲痛地哭着,但是,她一边哭着,一边对自己说:“傻子把一些手绢哭湿了;好象哭了就有什么用处似的!”
4. It was silly of him to take a wild swipe AT the ball and sky it miles over the bar.他真傻,这么猛踢足球,把它高高地踢过了球门。
5. It is silly of him to take a wild swipe AT the ball and sky it miles over the bar.他真傻,猛踢足球,把它高高地踢过了球门。
6. The silly clowns AT the circus amused the children.马戏团的傻小丑逗笑了孩子们。
7. High wATer AT Dublin bar, driving before it a loose drift of rubble, fanshoals of fishes, silly shells都柏林沙洲涨了潮。尸体向前推着轻飘飘的碎石,作扇状的鱼群和愚蠢的贝壳。
8. It is silly to BE a slave to social conventions.对社会习俗盲从是愚蠢的。
9. As we BEcame acquainted, she confided how frustrating it was to BE married 32 years to a man who often called her “a silly woman.”随着我们越来越熟,她向我吐露说,跟一个经常叫她“傻女人”的男人生活了32年有多么沮丧。
10. Her cousins may BE silly creatures, but they'll BE company for her and help to amuse her.姊妹们虽拙,大家一处伴着,亦可以解些烦闷.
小测验:选择正确的单词
silly means:
B.tderrific
C.fdoolish
论坛词汇板块最新发帖
<span style="color:#FF
其他中考英语单词
n. 大纲, 轮廓, 概要
vt. 描画...
vt. 打碎脑部
vt. 自愿...
n. 微风, 煤屑, 轻而易举的事
n. 军官, 主管, 官员, 公务员
其他专升本英语单词
其他MBA英语单词英语翻译——It’s a shame to ask you to lend me more money,but…——Don’t be silly.You really need money to keep on with your education.Don’t be silly.这里为什么不能是 Don't mention it?或者是 forget it
别犯傻、别逗了的意思.前者不好意思借钱,后者说没什么大不了的,学习重要.Don't mention it 是别提了,要等人家谢的时候说forget it 也是拒绝这里问题在于后者是支持前者的
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
回答者希望提出问题者向他借钱, Don't mention it?与forget it的语气过于强硬,不适合语境。Don’t be silly.?的意思是“别犯傻了”,与中文的语境是一样的。
再找你借点钱我觉得很丢脸,但是别傻了,你的确需要钱去受教育
Don’t be silly 应该翻译成“别说傻话” :-)
扫描下载二维码【解析】本题句意“亲爱的,也许我到德国去,我能找到一个更好的工作。不要犯傻了,你知道,一鸟在手胜于二鸟在林。”A项的意思是“事实胜于雄辩”;B项的意思是“金钥匙能打开所有的门”类似于中文中的“有钱能使鬼推磨”;C项的意思是“一鸟在手胜于二鸟在林”;D项的意思是“晚来总比不来好”。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
--- Oh, dear. I forgot the air tickets.
 --- You ______ something.
A.have left &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.are always leaving
C.are leaving &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.always left
题型:阅读理解
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从34-48题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。
She watched her little girl at play through her window. Memories &&34&& &back to her childhood.
She remembered that when she was a little girl, her mother would kiss her face every night when she was about to go to bed with her toys. &&35&& &, she left home when &&36&& &to college. Then she got married. Her work and family &&37& &her from visiting her mum, who is now living alone.
Thinking of this, she realized that she hadn’t &&38 &&her mum for a long time. So she &&39&&
the phone.
“Dear, I miss you,” there came her mum’s &&40&& . “Someone said that I should give you a
& 41 &before you left home, but I didn’t. I want to kiss you now, but I can’t do it through a phone.”
“You kissed me every night when I was &&42&& ,” she said in a low voice.
“You’re right, honey. Those days were so nice. But I feel &&43&& &now when looking through your bedroom window.”
Tears rolled down her cheeks. Not knowing how to comfort her, she hung up &&44&& .
She picked up her pen and wrote a letter to her mum.
Thank you for what you’ve done for me. There’s no greater love than yours. Mum, you may not know how many times I saw you watch me play. The &&45&& &that you looked through is the same one that God looked in. He saw you by my bed each night when you’d tenderly tuck me in (把被子盖好). But since I was &&46& &at that time, I didn’t know how great this love was. It is not until I have my own &&47& &to tuck in, to watch through the window &&48& &I understand your love for me. We are the same now. So Mum, please don’ you know I’ll always be there.
A. flooded
D. entered
A. Actually
B. Instead
C. However
D. Generally
A. awarded
B. admitted
C. allowed
D. carried
B. protected
D. prevented
C. remembered
D. watched
A. hung up
C. picked up
D. laughter
A. excited
B. terrified
A. in relief
B. in a hurry
C. in a way
D. in peace
来源:广东省桂洲中学2010届高三上学期第三次月考
Ⅳ. 阅读理解(共20题;每小题2分,满分40分)第一节阅读理解(共15小题;每小题2分,满分30分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给A, B, C和 D项中,选出最佳选项。In an age when technology moves faster than most can keep up with, a small group of people still remain in the time of old-fashioned letters. Frankly speaking, I was once certain that traditional letters could never be replaced by other means of communication. But a story about online communication changed my mind.An old man, who suffered a lot from Parkinson's disease, was not able to talk clearly and could hardly write his name. Living totally alone, he managed to keep in touch with nearly all the members of his family. How did he achieve this? He clicked out words on his computer keyboard.I, therefore, managed to get an e-mail box as soon as the opportunity came. My life changed. E-mail, and all online communication, is something truly different. It has capabilities that few other products can match.E-mail is convenient. It takes less time with its fast speed and 24-hour connection. The slow postal service is no match. If you wouldn't want to have a face-to-face talk with your manager, you might talk with him through e-mail even if you are in the same office.Naming all the good things about online communication is not easy. But wait. E-mail can be inconvenient. It can waste time and energy. Just think what may happen when you take a short vacation and return to find your e-mail box filled with 200 unread messages. You could clearly spend half a day clearing junk ads.Then, online communication will keep us staying at our computer while it connects us to distant strangers. Once we throw ourselves into the machine, we may forget the human touches we once held so dear. I'm sure there's and always will be a place for the old-fashioned letter, phone call, and face-to-face meeting even in the world of modem communication.As I listen to the sound of the modem, I was excited at stepping out to the outside world but, at the same time, I sensed a loss of control over something valuable in my personal life.41. What caused the writer to become interested in e-mail and online communication?A. The sound of the modem.&&&&&&& B. His own illness. C. The changing of his life.&&&&&&&& D. A sick old man's experience.42. What is the most probable meaning of the underlined word "junk" in Paragraph 7?A. Old and useless.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. New and useful.C. Short but valuable.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Long but clear.43. What does the writer think of online communication?A. It should replace old-fashioned letters completely.B. It is perfectly and always does good to you.C. It is extremely useful and convenient, but it may be inconvenient or even harmful.D. It does more harm than good.44. How did the sick old man keep in touch with his family members?A. With the help of his computer.B. By writing letters with his pen.C. By making telephones calls.D. By visiting them regularly.45. According to the writer, traditional means of communication will never disappear because&&&&.A. they are convenient and popular though they are slowB. they help to keep the friendly relationship between peopleC. most people cannot keep up with the development of technologyD. modem means of communication does too much harm
来源:学年吉林普通高中高一新生综合能力摸底考试英语试卷(解析版)
The clock struck eleven at night. The whole house was
quiet. Everyone was in bed except me. Under the strong light, I looked sadly
before a huge pile of troublesome stuff they call “books”.
I was going to have my examination the next day. “When
can I go to bed?” I asked myself. I didn’t answer, in fact I dared not.
The clock struck 12. “Oh, dear!” I cried, “ten more
books to read before I can go to bed!” We pupils are the most wretched
creatures ( 可怜的人 ) in the world. Dad does not agree with me
on this. He did not have to work so hard when he was a boy.
The clock struck one. I was quite hopeless now. I
forgot all I had learnt. I was too tired to go on. I did the only thing I
could. I prayed, “Oh, God, Please help me pass the exam tomorrow. I do promise
to work hard afterwards, Amen.” My eyes were heavy, so heavy that I could
hardly open them. A few minutes later, with my head on the desk, I fell asleep.
1.When the author was going over his lessons, all the
others in the house were_____ .
A.
asleep&&&&&&&&&&&&&B.
working in bed&&&& C.
outside&&&&&&&&&&&&&D.
quietly laughing at him
2.Reviewing his lessons didn’t help him because
________.&
A. it was too late at night
B. he was very tired
C. his eyes lids were so heavy that he couldn’t keep
them open
D. he hadn’t studied hard before the examination
3.What do you suppose happened to the author?
A. He went to a church to pray again
B. He passed the exam by luck
C. He failed in the exam
D. He was punished by his teacher
4.The best title for the passage would be __________ .
A. The Night Before the Examination
B. Working Far into the Night
C. A Slow Student
D. Going Over My Lessons
来源:学年四川省高一上学期期中考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:完型填空
My mother often asked me, “what is the most
important part of the body?” Through the years I would guess at &46
I thought was the correct answer. When I was younger, I thought sound was very
important to us as humans, so I said, “My &&47&, Mommy.”
&She said, “No. Many people are deaf. But you &&48 &thinking
about it and I will ask you again soon.”
Then last year, my Grandpa &&49&.
Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. My Mom looked at me when it was our &&50&&to
say our final goodbye to grandpa. She asked me, &“Do you know the most
important body part yet, my dear?” &I was shocked &&51&&she
asked me this now. I always thought this was a game between her and me. She saw
the confusion(迷惑)
on my face and told me, “This &&52&&is very
important. It shows that you have &&53&&lived your
life”. I saw her eyes well up with tears. She said, “My dear, the most
important body part is your shoulder.” I asked, &“Is it because it holds
up your head?”
She replied, “No, it is because it can hold
the head of a friend or loved one when they &&54. Everybody
needs a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, my dear. I only hope that you have
enough love and &55&&that you will have a shoulder to cry
on when you need it.”
D.whether
A.worried
B.visited
A.experience
C.problem
D.question
C.carefully
D.especially
A.visitors
B.friends
C.classmates
D.teachers
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 silly girl 的文章

随机推荐