he said thathe was goin...

Mark Twain,the famous American writer, was traveling in France.Once he was going by train to Dijo_百度知道
Mark Twain,the famous American writer, was traveling in France.Once he was going by train to Dijo
by train.That afternoon he was very tired and wanted to sleep,so he asked the conductor to wake him up when they came to Dijon.But first he explained that he was a very heavy sleeper.“I’ll probably protest(表示不满)loudly when you try to wake me up,” he said to the conductor,“but do not take any notice,just put me off the train anyway.”Then Mark Twain went to sleep.Later,when he woke up,it was night-time and the train was in Paris already.He realized at once that the conductor had forgotten to wake him up at Dijon.He was very angry.He ran up to the conductor and began to shout at him.“I have never been so angry in all my life,”Mark Twain said.The conductor looked at him calmly(冷静地).“You are not half so angry as the American whom I put off at Dijon.” he said.请翻译一下,麻烦了!
提问者采纳
马克吐温,著名的美国作家,过去曾去法国旅行。 有一次, 他搭火车去 第戎。 那个下午他十分疲惫,而且很想睡觉。 但是他曾事先声明,他睡觉很沉,不喜欢被吵醒。“如果你尝试着把我叫醒的话,我会大声的表示不满。”他对售票员说道,“不用通知我,到了第戎直接把我丢出去就好。” 然后马克吐温就睡着了。过了很久,他醒来后发现已经是晚上了,火车已经到达巴黎了。他立即意识到售票员忘记在第戎叫醒他了。他非常生气。他跑到售票员那里,向他咆哮“我这辈子就没这么生气过”马克吐温说道。售票员冷静的看着他。“你还没有 那个被我在第戎丢出去的美国人 一半那么生气”他说道。希望能帮到你~!
辛苦了!可是这篇文章是什么意思?售票员为什么要把一个美国人丢出去?
呵呵 这就是个冷笑话! 马克吐温 告诉售票员 他睡觉沉,不用叫他,到地方直接把他丢出去就好~! 然后售票员小白,丢错人了,所以另一个美国人 自然生气了。 而马克吐温 因为坐车过站了,找售票员评理,结果售票员告诉他:你没有 另一个被我丢错了的美国人惨!
提问者评价
谢谢了,哈哈!
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
twain的相关知识
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁1.i am too thin.what--------i doA.mayB.have toC.mustD.should2.he came on a rainy evening and left------morning.A.tomorrowB.nextC.the nextD.the second3.he said he -------his teacher on his way home.A.was going to seeB.were to seeC.was seeingD.was goin_百度作业帮
1.i am too thin.what--------i doA.mayB.have toC.mustD.should2.he came on a rainy evening and left------morning.A.tomorrowB.nextC.the nextD.the second3.he said he -------his teacher on his way home.A.was going to seeB.were to seeC.was seeingD.was goin
1.i am too thin.what--------i doA.mayB.have toC.mustD.should2.he came on a rainy evening and left------morning.A.tomorrowB.nextC.the nextD.the second3.he said he -------his teacher on his way home.A.was going to seeB.were to seeC.was seeingD.was going see4.i like -------friends who are different-----me.A.having,withB.to have,from5.my mother likes ---------shopping.she goes shopping----a week.A.twiceB.two timesC.twice
1、D,习惯用语,意为我应该做什么2、C,过去时态中tomorrow要换成the next……3、C4、B,句型lake to do sth\be different from sb5、A,表示……几次用序数词
DCCBA不懂可追问Advertisement
Text Size:
Leaders at a funeral home in Lexington found a person alive and kicking in a body bag.
The man was found at the Porter and Sons Funeral Home, on Yazoo Street.Walter Williams woke up and surprised many people."I asked the coroner what happened, and the only thing he could say is that it's a miracle," Holmes County Sheriff Willie March said."I stood there and watched them put him in a body bag and zipped it up," Williams' nephew, Eddie Hester, said.The coroner said he checked Williams' pulse about 9 p.m. Wednesday and pronounced him dead at his home in Lexington."That was at 10:30, and at 2:30, my cousin called me and said, 'Not yet,' and I said, 'What you mean not yet?' He said, 'Daddy still here,'" Hester said.After the coroner helped move Williams to Porter and Sons Funeral Home, workers were getting ready to embalm him, but that's when he started to move.Byron Porter said it's the first time he's ever seen anything like it. Williams' was inside the zipped-up body bag and kicking to get out.Paramedics rushed Williams him to a hospital, where family members said Thursday night that he's happy to be alive."I don't know how long he's going to be here, but I know he's back right now. That's all that matters," Hester said.The coroner said Williams' pacemaker may have stopped working and then started up again.Family members said Williams is a fighter. He's been a long-time farmer and worked for the school board.
IT HAPPENED HOLMES COUNTY AT A FUNERAL HOME IN LEXINGTON. 16 WAPT'S TAMMY ESTWICK EXPLAINS HOW FAMILY MEMBERS SAY HE CAME BACK TO LIFE. THE STORY IS SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE.. HOW WALTER WILLIAMS "WOKE UP" FROM THE DEAD IN HOLMES COUNTY. WILLIE MARCH: HOLMES COUNTY SHERIFF " I ASKED THE CORNER WHAT HAPPENED AND THE ONLY THING HE COULD SAY IS THAT IT'S A MIRACLE "I STOOD THERE AND WATCHED THEM PUT HIM IN A BODY BAG AND ZIPPED IT UP " EDDIE HESTER : NEPHEW THE CORONER TOLD US HE CHECKED THE PULSE AROUND 9 O'CLOCK WEDNESDAY NIGHT, -- AND PRONOUNCED WILLIAMS DEAD AT HIS HOME IN LEXINGTON. WITH NO HEARTBEAT. ""THAT WAS A 1030 AND AT 230 MY COUSIN CALLED ME AND SAID "NOT YET "AND I SAID WHAT YOU MEAN "NOT YET" HE SAID DADDY STILL HERE"" EDDIE HESTER : NEPHEW AFTER THE CORONER HELPED MOVE WILLIAMS TO PORTER AND SONS FUNERAL HOME, WORKERS WERE GETTING READY TO EMBALM HIM. -- BUT THAT'S WHEN HE STARTED TO MOVE... SOT: "HE WAS NOT DEAD LONG STORY SHORT . " BYRON PORTER SAYS ITS THE FIRST TIME HE'S EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT. A MAN INSIDE THE ZIPPED UP BODY BAG, KICKING TO GET OUT. "BYRON PORTER : FUNERAL HOME OWNER SOT: TAMMY: SO HE MISSED IT BY HOW MUCH? I DON'T KNOW TAMMY: A COUPLE MINUTES MAYBE? NO NO MORE THAN THAT MAYBE . WE DEFINITELY WERE NOT GOING TO DO ANYTHING TO HIM ONCE YOU SAW THAT HE WAS ALIVE RIGHT ONE WE SAW THAT HE WAS DECEASED. PARAMEDICS RUSHED WILLIAMS HIM TO THE HOSPITAL, WHERE TONIGHT FAMILY MEMBERS SAY - THEY'RE HAPPY HE'S ALIVE. EDDIE HESTER : NEPHEW NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG HE'S GOIN TO BE HERE BUT I KNOW HE'S BACK RIGHT NOW. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. IN LEXINGTON TAMMY ESTWICK 16 WAPT NEWS .
Recommended
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Advertising
Most Popular
Follow Us On Google+
Advertising
Latest from 16 WAPT
At least 12 people were killed and 66 others injured in an explosion in Afghanistan's capital Saturday, an Afghan Ministry of Public Health official said.The attack was in the Macrorayan district of Kabul, according to health ministry spokesman Wahid...
Advertising
Showcase 16
Reset Session - Logout/Re-attempt Sign In
Are you sure you would like to unsubscribe from all current subscriptions?
Are you sure you want to delete your profile and all of its subscriptions?

我要回帖

随机推荐