I follow you homeon a q...

If you have any questions or problems regarding this article and want help within 24 Hours?
Tarunika Shrivastava
I am a linux server admin and love to play with Linux and all other distributions of it. I am working as System Engineer with a Web Hosting Company.
Receive Your Free Complimentary eBook NOW! -
Download Free Linux eBooks
Download Free Linux eBooks
Join Over 80000+ Linux Users
Enter your email to get latest Linux Howto's英语30分钟内解决 填空.1.i plan to go on a_toBeijing this summer.2.our school won the football game.everyone was_3.many people_to hainanfor their winter holiday.4.follow me!i will_you there.5.i want to go to beijing.then i will have a_to see _百度作业帮
英语30分钟内解决 填空.1.i plan to go on a_toBeijing this summer.2.our school won the football game.everyone was_3.many people_to hainanfor their winter holiday.4.follow me!i will_you there.5.i want to go to beijing.then i will have a_to see
英语30分钟内解决 填空.1.i plan to go on a_toBeijing this summer.2.our school won the football game.everyone was_3.many people_to hainanfor their winter holiday.4.follow me!i will_you there.5.i want to go to beijing.then i will have a_to see the great wall.6.leave a_for your parents,so they won't worry about you.7.i have good _for you.
1) I plan to go on a trip to Beijing this summer2) Our school won the football game.everyone was excited.3)many people travel to Hainan for their winter holiday.4.follow me!i will lead you there.5.i want to go to beijing.then i will have a chance to see the great wall.6.leave a note for your parents,so they won't worry about you.7.i have good news for you.From Texas Instruments Wiki
CCS supports XP 64, Vista 64 and Windows 7 64. Later version of CCSv5 will support Windows 8. However the key thing that you need to check is that your emulator vendor provides 64 bit drivers. Below is a status of 64bit driver support:
Spectrum Digital: yes
Blackhawk: yes
TI XDS560: yes
XDS100: yes, requires CCSv4.0.2 or later
MSP430 USB UIF: in development, requires CCSv4.1.0 or later (also available from support forum)
Stellaris embedded USB emulator: it works but as of today (April 2010) the device driver must be installed manually. Check the following FAQ:
For the status of 64bit driver support from other vendors please check with the vendor.
NOTE: Some users have seen dialog drawing issues (Some dialogs and views are blank, scroll bars do not work, etc) on 64bit OS. From what we can tell the problem is related to the SWT library used in the version of Eclipse in CCS. Sometimes resizing the dialog and panels can help. See an example of . Since the issue is with some conflict with the SWT library and some software running, removing the offending software can also help. Unfortunately there is not a full list of software that can conflict with the SWT library (though everything works fine in 'Safe Mode'). If you are running into this issue, and do not wish to deal with resizing windows all the time, you can try updating the existing SWT library with a newer version that resolves most of the issues:
Remove/Rename the 2 existing SWT plugins (org.eclipse.swt*). They are found in '&INSTALL DIR&\ccsv4\eclipse\plugins'.
Download and extract the contents of the
into the above directory
Open a command window and browse to '&INSTALL DIR&\ccsv4\eclipse'
run 'eclipse –clean' from the command line
The newer SWT library will come by default in 4.2.2 and greater. Until then, use the above workaround.
Linux is supported in CCSv5 and greater. See
for more details.
Yes. We recommend turning off User Access Control (UAC). Note that there are several levels to UAC in Windows 7, we recommend turning it completely off. If you are required to have UAC on make sure to not install in Program Files or Program Files (x86) directories as CCS will not function properly. UAC will block CCS from writing to this folder during operation which will prevent a number of features from working such as the update tool. In general we recommend installing in a folder other than Program Files on Windows Vista and Windows 7 due to UAC and the fact that Windows "Virtualizes" these folders, i.e. makes a copy of them, which can lead to issues in trying to locate files outside of CCS.
No. CCSv4 and later will not work with Windows 2000.
CCS will automatically check for updates once a week. You can change the default settings for the check via the preferences dialog. You can also manually check for updates on the help menu.
In CCSv4.1 and later CCS will automatically check for updates to the compiler. In CCSv4.0.x you can download updated compiler releases from the  site.
In CCSv4.2 and later CCS will automatically check for BIOS updates. In earlier versions of CCS you can download BIOS releases from the .
Updates are cumulative, i.e. they contain all previous content. This is so someone can update to the latest CCSv4 release without having to install a bunch of previous patches. Unfortunately as a result the updates are quite large.
With CCSv4.1 and forward we will post a zip containing all of the update contents. For earlier releases if you install the updates on 1 machine with internet access the update installers will be located in ccsv4\eclipse\features\com.ti.ccstudio.product_x.y.z.aaaa where x.y.z is the update (i.e. 4.0.2)
No this is not a problem. Prior to CCSv4.1 we do not sign our update files and thus Eclipse will show this dialog. Please click on the Install All button.
CCSv5 requires a CCSv5 license.
If you currently have CCSv4 you can renew your subscription and then you can upgrade to CCSv5.
Yes. CCSv5 licenses will work with CCSv4. You can download CCSv4 at this link:   Once you have installed CCSv4 you can use your CCSv5 license with it.  If you are not sure where your CCSv5 license file is you can copy it from your CCSv5 installation.  If you look under help-&Code Composer Studio Licensing information in CCSv5 it will show you where the file is.  Or you can obtain a new copy of the license from /myregisteredsoftware  When CCSv4 prompts for a license just provide this file, or you can copy it into the ccsv4/DebugServer/license directory.
If you ordered CCS shortly after the launch of CCSv5 it is possible that you may have received a CCSv4 package as it takes a few weeks to update inventory. In this case activate your license according to the instructions in the package. When you have done that there will be a manage button beside your license entry in myregistered software (/myregisteredsoftware). Make sure that you select the entry for your prouduct line item and not your subscription.  Click on it and then select the option to upgrade your license. This will result in a CCSv5 license being generated for you. Then you can download the CCSv5 image and drop in your v5 license, no need to even install CCSv4.
First check the FAQs here. If that does not solve the problem please try the CCS forum. If you have an issue with an activation code you can email ccs_license_file_help@.
CCS will always display the free license terms when you install. However when you activate CCS using the activation code that you obtained when you purchased CCS you will be shown and agree to the license terms that match your purchase.
CCS will always display the 30 day evaluation license when you install (unless you downloaded the code size limited tools). However when you activate CCS using the activation code that you obtained when you purchased CCS you will be shown and agree to the license terms that match your purchase.
If you are configured to check out a license from a license server and you take your computer off the network, CCS will continue to function with no limitation. Note that it will indicate in the title bar that it is currently unlicensed since it was unable to get a license from the server, but otherwise functionality will not be limited. It is not using up a floating license when operating this way.
For extending the free CCSv4 license to 90 days follow the below procedure:
I) You need to register on TI website.
II) Click on the following link
III) On this web page find "extending license by 90 days" and you will be prompted to login. Login using your user name and password.
IV) Click on “Agree” on first page and then on "next"
V) Then you will be displayed with one activation ID , click on "next".
VI) Then enter you MAC id and click on next. (To obtain the MAC id of your machines go to command line and type ipconfig –all)
VII) Finish the process and you will be getting a license file with extension .lic on your registered email id.
VIII) Start CCS and choose a specify license file and choose the lic file as generated above.
When generating a node-locked license file you can specify 2 MAC addresses (hostids). This allows you to install and run CCS on 2 machines. The license terms state that you cannot be using them at the same time. The purpose of this is if you have a work and home machine or an extra machine in the lab that you need to install CCS on. If you need to run on multiple machines concurrently you should purchase more licenses or consider a floating license pack.
Go to /myregisteredsoftware and click on the manage button beside your license.
Then click on the get replacement license link.
When you run CCS for the first time it will display the license dialog if it cannot find a license.
If this dialog is not displayed this means it found a license of some sort.
CCS does the actual validation of the license when you launch a debug session and compares the type of session you are launching with your license type.
If you have not provided a license and that dialog is not displayed there could be a few reasons for this:
You installed CCS from a location that automatically sets up a license file.
If you are part of a large team that has a tools admin they may have tweaked the installation to automatically install a license or configure a license server.
You may be obtaining a license from a license server and the license server location may have been set by your IT department using an environment variable and CCS picked this up.
There was a previous copy of CCS installed on the PC and when that version was run the option to suppress the license dialog was selected.
This setting was then picked up by the new CCS installation.
CCS is comparing the host ID of your computer with the one that is in your license file and they are not matching. The cause of this could be that the license was created for a different computer, or you made a mistake when typing in the HOST ID when creating your license or if you have multiple network cards in your computer CCS may be looking at the wrong one. It is possible to re-host your license, please verify the HOST ID of your computer and if you have multiple network cards try entering in 2 HOST IDs when re-hosting your license.
If you go to /myregisteredsoftware you can change the hostid associated with your license file. This is called re-hosting. Note that you can only do this once, after that you need to contact ccs_license_file_help@
The re-host license option is only available for a limited number of re-hosts. Once those have been used up, it will no longer be available from /myregisteredsoftware. If you need to re-host additional times contact ccs_license_file_help@
The free license option for eZ430 is the code size limited MCU Core version. You will not be able to use the Free Limited License that comes with the Platinum Download as it is restricted to XDS100, Simulators and non-MSP430 onboard emulation.
Yes. The free limited license for EVMs/DSKs/XDS100 will work with the onboard emulation on Spectrum Digital eZDSP kits.
If you are an FAE for a TI authorized distributor you can get a free license. You can either contact your TI distribution rep or you can send an email to ccs_request_fae@ Make sure to include your company information.
When activating your license you have an option to specify a description for your host ID. If you leave it blank then you see "Not Used" in the table on /myregisteredsoftware
The evaluation option will not be available if:
The evaluation period has expired for the current install
There was once a previous installation of CCS that was activated with the evaluation license, and 30 days have passed. Note that the evaluation period is still active even if CCS is uninstalled
In all cases, there is an option to obtain an additional 90 day evaluation license.
You will automatically receive a free upgrade to CCSv6 if your subscription was current at the time CCSv6 was released.
You can then upgrade your license at /myregisteredsoftware and download a new CCSv6 license file.
Click on the manage button and then select the upgrade license link.
If your subscription has expired, you have the option paying the cost of renewing your subscription for the period it has expired or to buy CCSv6, whichever is less.
For users of one of the free CCS licenses (code size limited, time limited, tied to XDS100 or development kit) you can simply download CCSv6 and when you run it for the first time you will be able to generate the equivalent free license for CCSv6.
You will automatically receive a free upgrade to CCS v5 if your subscription was current at the time CCSv5 was released.
You can then upgrade your license at /myregisteredsoftware and update a new CCSv5 license file.
If your subscription has expired, you have the option paying the cost of renewing your subscription for the period it has expired or to buy CCSv5, whichever is less.
For users of one of the free CCS licenses (code size limited, time limited, tied to XDS100 or development kit) you can simply download CCSv5 and when you run it for the first time you will be able to generate the equivalent free license for CCSv5.
You will automatically receive a free upgrade to CCS v4 in the following cases:
Code Composer Studio v3.3 Platinum license with subscription valid to June 1 2009 or later
MSP430 Code Composer Essentials v3 Professional license purchased after June 1 2008
C2000 Code Composer Studio v3.3 C2000 license purchased after June 1 2008
In each of these cases you will receive an email from TI with an activation code that you would use to register CCS and generate a license file (see licensing section above for details). If you meet the criteria for a free upgrade to CCS v4 and did not receive it by Oct 31, 2009, please contact . If you never registered CCSv3.3 or CCE then you will need to contact TI with your purchase information so that your upgrade can be processed.
If your subscription has expired, you have the option paying the cost of renewing your subscription for the period it has expired or to buy CCS v4, whichever is less.
Remember that you can download a free evaluation version of CCS v4 that you can try out before making the decision to upgrade.
Current Product
CCSv3.3 Platinum
Receive CCS v4 + Platinum Node Locked License
CCSv3.3 C2000
Receive CCS v4 + Microcontroller Node Locked License
CCSv3.3 C2000 Free Tools (object code size limited)
Download CCS v4 Microcontroller Core image (object code size limited license)
CCEv3 MSP430 Professional Tools
Receive CCS v4 + Microcontroller Node Locked License
CCEv3 MSP430 Core Tools (object code size limited)
Download CCS v4 Microcontroller Core image (object code size limited license)
CCSv3.3 Free Evaluation Tools
Download CCS v4 DVD image (provides an option to generate a 30 day trail license, register for an additional 90 days)
CCSv3.3 DSK/EVM tools (bundled with DSK/EVM/eZdsp)
Download CCS v4 DVD image (provides an option to generate a license to work with DSK/EVM/eZdsp bundles)
Yes. Just copy your existing license into \ccsv4\debugserver\license
Yes. Just copy your existing license into \ccsv4\debugserver\license CCSv4.2 will copy this license into another location in your user folder.
First, before the transfer can be done the license file must be deleted from the license file directory of the previous user. After that is complete, send an email to TI myRegistered Software support (ccs_subscriptions@). Please include in your email the previous user’s Activation ID and new user’s MAC address and their my.TI email address.
In the case of floating licenses please include the server name if the server needs to be changed.
If the server is not changing then mention this in the email and just provided the Activation ID and the user you wish to transfer the license from.
There is a maximum limit of 2 ownership transfers per year. If you have reached that limit, please go to
to purchase a new Code Composer Studio license.
You likely have other products that use FLEXNet licensing installed on your system and one of these products or your IT department is overriding where applications get licenses from. What you can do is copy your CCS license file (.lic) into \ccsv4\DebugServer\license You many also need to create a licenselocation.txt file in this location. Add a line that looks like this to the top of the file: C:\Program Files\Texas Instruments\ccsv4\DebugServer\license You may need to adjust the path to match your installation folder. Make sure that there are no other locations listed in the licenselocation.txt file other than the location of your license.
Note that in CCSv4.2 and later the licenselocation.txt file and .lic files are located in your user folder.
Win7 C:\Users\&userid&\AppData\Local\.TI\&some number&\0
WinXP C:\Documents and Settings\&userid&\Local Settings\Application Data\.TI\&some number&\0
This folder is hidden
Each installation of CCS will have its own folder (the "some number" is unique per installation)
You can search your user directory for the files.
The reason for this change is that newer versions of windows do not like applications writing the the program files location.
You need to do two things.
The license system in CCS caches the license that it is using but you can force it to search for a new license by editing the eclipse.ini file in \ccsv4\eclipse and add the line -DFORCE.REG
Note: in CCSv5 and CCSv6 the file name is ccstudio.ini
You should also edit the licenselocation.txt file and remove the reference to the old license so that CCS doesn't try to use it in the future. In newer versions of CCS this file is in your user folder. Info on where to find this file is available .
The problem is most likely that there are other FLEXNet licensed products installed on your machine and one of them has set an enviornment variable (LM_LICENSE_FILE) that overrides the application define license location for all FLEXNet enabled applications. If this variable is set and is pointing to a server (or dongle) the underlying FLEX library will think that you want to acquire your CCS licenses from that location. Copying the .LIC file into \ccsv4\DebugServer\License should resolve the issue.
Note that in CCSv4.2 and later the licenselocation.txt file and .lic files are located in your user folder.
WinXP C:\Documents and Settings\&userid&\Local Settings\Application Data\.TI\&some number&\0
This folder is hidden
Each installation of CCS will have its own folder (the "some number" is unique per installation)
The reason for this change is that newer versions of windows do not like applications writing the the program files location.
There could be a couple reasons for this. The most common is that you are trying to use an MCU license with a device that is not supported by this. In CCSv4.0.x the MCU license supports MSP430 and F28x only, in CCSv4.1 Stellaris (CortexM3) and CortexR4 are also supported.
Another reason could be that CCS cannot find your license file at all. Check to see if another application or your IT department has overriden the FlexNET search path by defining LM_LICENSE_FILE. To resolve that you can copy your license file into the location defined by this variable.
We only do license checks in a couple places. Product startup and on debugger launch. So the network traffic involved is very minimal. Thus you could even use the same license server across different offices. CCSv4.1.3 and later further reduce the amount of interaction with the license server.
Also if for some reason the license server goes down or there is a network issue we still let you use CCS it just says “unlicensed” at the top.
If you received an activation code as part of your CCS subscription service it comes with a link to download CCS. If you require a physical DVD you can order one by emailing ccsv4dvd@ Please note this offer is not available for people who have purchased a CCS license and selected the cheaper no-DVD option.
Since you are reading this it means that likely somewhere in your company there are machines with internet access. What you need to do is get the MAC address (physical address) of an ethernet card (doesn't even need to be connected to a network, just present) in the machine that you are going to run CCS on. Take this along with your activation code for CCS to the machine with internet access and go to /activatesoftware. This will enable you to create a CCS license file for the machine that is running CCS. Take the file that was emailed to you and drop it in the \ccsv4\DebugServer\License folder.
CCS comes with 12 months of subscription. This is in no way related to your license to use CCS. If you have purchased a CCS license there is no time limit on how long you can use it. Subscription is used to determine if you receive major upgrades (v5, v6...) for free.
Some mail filters may block the license installation instructions from being delivered. There are a few ways that you can install a license file. If you created a node locked license the easiest thing to do is to just copy your license file into \ccsv4\DebugServer\License CCS will automatically look in that folder for licenses.  If you need to setup a floating license on a license server you can get the instructions here:
Unless you are using one of the 30 or 90 day evaluation licenses your CCS license is a perpetual license, i.e. there is no time limit on the license.
With node-locked licenses you can specify 2 MAC addresses, i.e. you can run CCS on two different machines. You can specify these addresses when initially creating your license or if you need to do it later on you can add a second MAC address using the re-host feature at /myregisteredsoftware
The linkers are physically different in the Code size limited tools so you can't just drop in your new license file. You actually need to download and install the CCS Platinum image and drop your new license into that.
We have not implemented license borrowing in CCS. Borrowing is a license feature where you can reserve or checkout a license from the license server for a period of time. Some vendors require you to do this if your machine is going to be out of contact with the license server. However with CCS we just change the title bar to unlicensed so there is no need to implement license borrowing. If you are going to be constantly running CCS disconnected from your companies network you should consider getting a node locked license.
In CCS go to the help-&Licensing options menu and click the button to "Use free limited license". This will open a browser with the following link.
CCS will continue to use the eval license until it expires and then will automatically start using your permanent license if you have installed it via the licensing options dialog or by copying it into ccsv4\DebugServer\license Using the eval license does not limit your functionality in any way.
Edit the licenselocations.txt file in ccsv4\DebugServer\license
CCSv4.0 or CCSv4.1
If you are running on Windows Vista or Windows 7 and you have installed in Program Files or Program Files (x86) then it is possible that you won't be able to find this file. This is due to the fact that Windows will "Virtualize" the Program Files folder. Try looking in C:\Users\&username&\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Texas Instruments\ccsv4\DebugServer\license. Note that the \AppData folder is likely hidden so just type it in your windows explorer.
If running on Vista or Windows 7 I would recommend installing in a folder other than Program Files.
CCSv4.2 or CCSv4
This folder is hidden
You can install multiple copies of CCS on the same machine use the same license for all. Just copy the license file from your existing installation into your new one. The license file is in \ccsv4\DebugServer\license
This message occurs when you are using the free bundled (also called limited) license with a hardware (emulation) connection that it does not support. This license is a free license that enables you to use XDS100, simulators, onboard emulation on DSKs/EVMs/eZdsp boards and Stellaris IDKs (new ones that come with CCS). This license does not allow you to use an XDS510, XDS560 or MSP430.
Yes. In certain cases you can know what type of license you have by the filename:
TMDSCCS-TTTSNNA
TTT is the type of license:
HW - Bundled (free limited) license
ALL - Platinum license
MCU - Microcontroller license
S is the seating of the license:
N - Node-locked
F - Floating
NN is the number of seats of the license:
1 - Single-seat (can be node-locked or floating)
3, 5, 10, 25, 100 - maximum number of seats (25 is platinum-only, 100 is university-only)
A Can be the letter A or version number.
If the CCS was provided with a development board or the file was somehow renamed, you can still verify the enabled features: open the license file in a text editor and search if it contains one combination of entries shown below:
CCS_CONNECTION_RESTRICTED - the license is the bundled (free limited) version
CCS_LINKER_LIMITED and CCS_ISA_CONTROLLER - the license is the Free Microcontroller Edition (code size limited)
CCS_LINKER_FULL and CCS_ISA_ALL - the license is the Platinum Edition
CCS_LINKER_FULL and CCS_ISA_CONTROLLER - the license is the Microcontroller Edition
For example, a file TMDSCCS-HWN01A.lic corresponds to a Bundled (free limited) license and inside it would have a feature named CCS_CONNECTION_RESTRICTED.
The paid license allows using more advanced JTAG debuggers (, , ) and its advanced features like . This does not affect support for the
JTAG debuggers and the ones that are built into development boards that are available with a free license.
For MSP430, the advantage is more obvious. The paid license allows using the unlimited version of the compiler, useful for code larger than 16kB.
IMPORTANT! CCS free license does not impose any limitations on the optimizer, thus avoiding any impact to the code size limited version for MSP430.
When entering a port number, it is likely there may be a trailing blank after the number.
For example, port 27009 entered as '27009 ' instead of '27009'. The port number will unfortunately not be accepted if such a trailing blank exists.
Once removed, the wizard should accept the port entry and connect to the license.
If you purchase CCSv5 you request a CCSv3.3 image from ccs_license_file_help@ make sure to include your CCSv5 activation code.
You will be sent a download link for CCSv3.3.
You will not be able to register CCSv3.3 as your upgrades are determined by the subscription associated with your CCSv5 purchase.
See the  topic.
In this case CCS was able to connect to the license server but there is an issue with the daemon that is running. One thing to check is to ensure that the manifest file that is included inside the zip file with the daemon executable was also extracted. If this was not done you will see "unlicensed" in the CCS title bar and if you go to Help -& Licensing Options you will get a dialog box with the error message.
Windows, Linux and Solaris are supported.
Yes you could use a single license server to distribute licenses to different locations as long as all locations are on the same network. CCS performs a limited number of license checks and thus does not significant network bandwidth.
Yes. One way to achieve this is to edit the first line of the licenselocation.txt file to read @localhost as described in
Note that we do not recommend setting up a 3 server redundant configuration for CCS as it is not necessary.
It is not necessary since if CCS cannot contact your license server it will still continue to operate and will just inform you that there is a problem.
Thus the main purpose of the redundant configuration to protect against a server going down is not necessary.
However if you still want to set this up the information on how to do so is below.
Important: When you activate your license specify the name of your primary server in the description box.
This will ensure that this name gets populated within the "VENDOR_STRING" field for each feature in the license file.
It is important to do this at the time of activation as that section of the file cannot be edited afterwards.
After receiving your license file open it up in a text editor.
Edit your license file so that the top of the file looks like this
Please Do not delete this comment line.
SERVER &name of primary server& &MAC address of primary Server& PRIMARY_IS_MASTER
SERVER &name of 2nd server& &MAC address of 2nd server&
SERVER &name of 3rd server& &MAC address of 3rd server&
VENDOR tidspssw USE_SERVER
Here is an example:
#Please Do not delete this comment line.
SERVER server1 0000ffee1111 PRIMARY_IS_MASTER
SERVER server2 0000ddee1111
SERVER server3 0000ccee1111
VENDOR tidspssw USE_SERVER
The server names other than the primary server are outside of the signed region of the license file so you can edit this file directly without needing TI to sign the file. It is also possible to change the MAC address associated with each server this way.
Yes. The procedure is similar as if you were adding the first license file in your system.
If using Windows, open a web browser and type the URL 127.0.0.1:8080 (if using the default port) to open the license manager GUI. Then follow steps 7 through 10 of the procedure above. Restart the license server for the changes to take effect.
If using UNIX command line setup, stop the license server (./lmutil lmdown -vendor tidspssw) and follow steps 6 through 10 of the procedure above.
If using UNIX Graphical setup, open a web browser and type the URL 127.0.0.1:8080 (if using the default port) to open the license manager GUI. Then follow steps 6 through 9 of the procedure above. Restart the vendor daemon for the changes to take effect.
Depending on the configuration of your system, you may have problems in importing the license due to the lack of write permissions to the licenses/tidspssw directory. Thus you will need to give momentarily write permissions to this directory before proceeding.
Not recommended. If you prefer to merge the two or more license files received, check an interesting discussion in
on how to do this by directly editing the license file. Be extremely careful when manually editing the files, as this is very error prone. Always make backup copies of your received license files!
If you have multiple license files from different vendors, check Chapter 18 of the The License Administration Guide (located ).
If you are finding that on a windows license server the license server is only starting when you are logged in and shuts down when you log out there could be a problem with your settings in LMTOOLS. Run LMTOOLS, go to the "Config Services" tab and make sure that the two check boxes at the bottom are checked.
If this is a Windows machine running the license server the cause could be that you do not have the required version of some Microsoft runtime libraries installed. They can be obtained . Specifically we need version 8.0. of msvcrt80.dll
When entering a port number, it is likely there may be a trailing blank after the number.
For example, port 27009 entered as '27009 ' instead of '27009'. The port number will unfortunately not be accepted if such a trailing blank exists.
Once removed, the wizard should accept the port entry and connect to the license.
The following project files should be checked into source control:
.ccsproject
.settings folder
makefile.defs (if using SYS/BIOS)
.ccsproject has project information specific to CCS.
.cproject and .project are Eclipse CDT project files.
.settings folder is a standard Eclipse folder that has settings that apply for the project.
makefiles.defs has additional make rules included by the generated project makefile for SYS/BIOS projects.
The following files and folders should not be checked into source control:
\Debug or \Release \&configuration name& folder
\.config folder
\.launches folder
Configuration folders like \Debug or \Release are generated folders that contain build artifacts like object files and do not need to be checked into source control.
.xdchelp is a generated file that is used to help display error messages in the problems view and does not need to be checked into source control.
.config and .launches are generated folders that do not need to be checked into source control
It is possible that the cached information to support these features are out of date or corrupt. You can try rebuilding this cache by right-clicking on your project in the 'Project Explorer' view and then selecting 'Index -& Rebuild'
The list of recent workspaces is stored in the org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs file found in &install dir&\ccsv5\eclipse\configuration\.settings\. It can be directly updated in that file. It can also be updated from CCS menu Window-&Preferences-&General-&Startup and Shutdown-&Workspaces.
No. CCS does not support the 8051 processors present in these devices.
Free Run disables breakpoints before executing code on the target.
Essentially you are running free of the debugger.
You will not see any updates to any views or printfs if you perform a Free Run.
The 'Debug' view hides non-debuggable devices by default. If you wish to view these devices:
Right-click in the Debug view and select "Show All Cores" in the context menu. A node called "Non Debuggable Devices" will then appear which you can expand to see the devices.
You can also set this within a given debug configuration so every time a debug session is launched with that target configuration (with or wihout associated project), the settings will take effect.
Go to CCS menu Run-&Debug Configurations, and enable Non Debuggable Devices/Routers for the desired debug configuration.
In CCSv5.x all the CIO output goes to a single console by default (differently than CCSv4), so CCS inserts the CPU-core name in front so that you can tell which core it is coming from. For assert() statements, the CPU-core name is added whenever a given CPU flushes its CIO buffer, making the output very difficult to read. There is an option to control this.
To change the setting, go to menu Run-&Debug Configurations. Select your debug configuration and uncheck the option to use the same console for all cores.
Starting with revision A5, BeagleBone has a different USB Product ID (PID) of the embedded XDS100v2/Serial device which caused a compatibility break with CCS versions prior to CCSv5.1.1.
The supported versions are:
CCSv5.1.0 for Linux: Revisions A3 and A4 can be used
CCSv5.1.0 for Windows: Revisions A3 and A4 can be used
CCSv5.1.1 for Linux: Revision A5 can be used
CCSv5.1.1 for Windows: Revisions A3, A4 and A5 can be used
As a rule of thumb:
and use the
and everything will be fine.
Note: the differences between Linux and Windows versions are due to updates to the TI emulation packs.
Note for Windows: the Rev A5 board does not use the XDS100 device driver installed with CCS. You need to download and install the
from their website.
If you are trying to connect to the board and is getting this error:
Error connecting to the target:
(Error -151 @ 0x0)
One of the FTDI driver functions used during
the connect returned bad status or an error.
The cause may one or more of: invalid emulator serial number,
blank emulator EEPROM, missing FTDI drivers, faulty USB cable.
Use the xds100serial command-line utility in the 'common/uscif'
folder to verify the emulator can be located.
(Emulation package n.n.nnn.n)
Or is running the xds100serial utility and is getting:
C:\ti\ccsv5\ccs_base\common\uscif&xds100serial.exe
Scanning for XDS100 emulators...
Description
blank EEPROM unknown
no description available
Or the Windows control panel is showing two USB serial ports when you connect the board to the PC, then you have a BeagleBone board with a blank (non-programmed) FTDI device.
Therefore you need to program the board with a known good configuration. One can be found at CircuitCo's
Yes, this is possible. See this wiki topic for more details:
If there are no options available under the Activities list, then it means that CCS profiling is not supported for that target.
hardware (C55x, ARM7, ARM9)
simulator: Please check
to see which simulators support it
Alternatives are to use the profile clock or to use PC Trace on enabled devices
C6000 devices are cache based. The standard function profiler in CCS works by setting breakpoints on branches. Thus on a cache based device your profile data will be largely skewed by the extra cycles that occur due to the cache being evaluated. Also on C6000 it is not possible to set more than one breakpoint in an execution packet, however there could be multiple branches in an execution packet which would cause issues with profile data.
For C6000 it is recommended to use the simple profile clock or instrumentation to profile. Alternative you can use PC trace.
Only a select number of simulators support CCS code coverage. Please check
to see which simulators support it. It is not supported on any hardware target.

我要回帖

更多关于 follow you 的文章

随机推荐