i stand my meby my fathe...

小题1:B小题2:A小题3:D小题4:C小题5:C试题分析:文章大意:作者想学会骑马,父亲告诉他:想学骑马,首先学会如何和马交朋友。作者的父亲以自己第一次驯服烈马为例告诉我们:动物是人类的朋友,人应该学会如何保护动物,和如何和马交朋友。小题1:B 推理题。根据第七段后作者的父亲驯服小马的故事,由于父亲将Fiery作朋友,Perry很顺从,还有前文的He has spirit判断B正确。小题2:A 推理题。根据文中作者看到爸爸骑马到岸边,乃至到海里时,他紧紧地抓住妈妈的手,说明他不喜欢这样,故应该是喜欢在马场上骑马。故A正确。小题3:D 词义题。此处是我太小而爬不上马背,故D正确。小题4:C 细节题。根据文章的最后一句话I wished that someday I could have a horse, too . . . but a smaller one!进行判断。小题5:C 综合题。通读全文判断作者的父亲教会了作者应该如何和马交朋友。故选C。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Recently I came in contact with the true meaning of love. That would have been, Kane, a boy. Kane was the two-year-old son of Jolene, my new neighbor. At a glance Kane was a sight. He’d been born with hard sticks for legs. And on that morning I witnessed the effect that Kane’s physical shortcomings had on his family. But I also witnessed much more than that. I saw an extraordinary family that embraced this special child. A family that wouldn’t allow Kane to know he was different. Jolene had constructed a small cart just a few inches off the floor for his son to get around. Using his hands to move about, Kane moved the cart to “go to” any place just as everyone else was able to do. Kane worked that little cart like a master. Kane was a vital focus of the entire family. He was more than just a
he was the soul. This child was the driver, the motivator, and the founder of much of the interaction. Much later in my life, I came to realize that God had sent this child to help some of us who just weren’t getting what love was all about. Even with my limited capacity for understanding at the time that Kane was a highly developed spirit with great wisdom.Kane demanded attention, but not because of his mobility challenges or other apparent shortcomings. In his mind, he had no challenges or shortcomings. The truth is that he received attention because he was alive and real and had so much to offer. Kane was and still is a lot of warm and powerful energy sent to us all, so we might learn that love surpasses all things. Kane, a fragile yet lovely baby, was here to teach us all an important lesson. And at the age of two he did just that. 小题1:How did the author think of Kane’s family members?A.They were strange because they locked Kane at home.B.It was respectable for them to start their own business.C.It was ridiculous for them to make a cart for Kane.D.They were greatly brave to face all the difficulties.小题2:How did Kane “get to” everywhere he wanted to go?A.By moving his cart with his own hands. B.By asking his father to lead him ahead with a stick. C.By asking his grandparents to push hin everywhere. D.His parents specially employed a babysitter for him.小题3:According to the author, God made Kane with disability to help _______.A.his parents get to know their responsibility B.his family members know the importance of unionC.people especially the healthy realize what love really meansD.people especially the disabled realize their inner power小题4:Kane needed attention because he wanted to show ________. A.he can challenge his difficulty in movingB.he had challenges or shortcomings in his lifeC.he himself needed to be looked after by othersD.he had the power to prove he was capable too小题5:What can we learn from Kane’s story?A.Love me, love my dog.B.Love is above all things. C.Many hands make light work.D.Pure gold fears no fire.
题型:完形填空
Robeson was born in a very poor family. At seven, he had to pick coal in a deserted mine near his home, and then he sold_&_he had picked and earned a few coins to help his parents. He had_&&schooling, for being so poor, how could they_&_school fees?&When he was fifteen, he worked&&&&&a servant in a school.Looking at other children studying in the classroom,he felt_&&_for himself.How he__&_to have the same chance! He decided to study by__&_.In the daytime, after the sweeping and cleaning was over, he__&_stand by the window outside the classroom trying to catch what the teacher said. At night, he tried his best to remember what he_&_during the day. He worked_&_hard at his lessons that he sometimes had just three or four hours to sleep. The more he learned, the greater_&_he showed in his lessons. A math teacher discovered him and came to like this diligent boy and_&__him to sit at the back of the class. In one exam, he was the_&_one in the whole school who reached the highest grade. He would have been given the scholarship if he__&_a regular student of the school. Robeson_&_through six long years with his study of math and wrote several articles which captured the_&&&of some university professors.They admired his talent__&__his diligence.To give him a good chance, they hired him as a librarian and_&_him free guidance.Robeson felt_&_, for he was sure that before him there was a broad road_&_success.小题1:A.whetherB.whichC.thatD.what 、小题2:A.manyB.fewC.littleD.much小题3:A.buyB.affordC.send D.read小题4:A.asB.likeC.forD.by小题5:A.angryB.happy C.proudD.sorry小题6:A.hated B.decidedC.wishedD.regretted小题7:A.the teacherB.himselfC.his parentsD.his schoolmates小题8:A.couldB.ought to C.shouldD.would小题9:A.had learnedB.has been taughtC.has heardD.had been written down小题10:A.veryB.soC.tooD.quite小题11:A.joyB.interestC.timeD.taste小题12:A.allowedB.agreedC.letD.refused小题13:A.worst B.onlyC.lastD.laziest小题14:A.had beenB.has beenC.isD.was小题15:A.learned B.listenedC.mastered D.struggled小题16:A.noticeB.influenceC.eyesD.attention小题17:A.except forB.according toC.as well asD.in spite of小题18:A.taughtB.offered C.lentD.sent小题19:A.sadB.angryC.happyD.disappointed小题20:A.leading to B.coming fromC.made ofD.covered with
Are you a man or a mouse? When people ask this question they want to know &&&&&you think you are a &&&&&&&person or a coward (懦夫). But you will never really know the answer to this question &&&&&&&you are tested in real life. Some people &&&&&&they are brave but when they come face to face with real &&&&&, they act like cowards. Others think of themselves as cowards, but when they meet danger, they act like &&&&&.Lenny had always thought of himself as a&&&&&&&&&person. He got worried before examinations. He worried about his job and health. All he wanted in life was to be safe and healthy.&&&&&&&&&, on January 15th, 2002, a plane crashed into the Potomac River in Washington. Lenny went to the river to see what was happening. He saw a woman in the&&&&&&&&&water. Lenny did not feel afraid. He kept very&&&&&&&&&&&and did a very dangerous thing. He jumped into the river,&&&&&&&&&&to the woman, and kept her head&&&&&&&&&&the water. Seventy-eight people died that day. Thanks to Lenny, it was not&&&&&&&&&&&.When you are in a very &&&&&&&situation and feel afraid, the body automatically produces a chemical in the blood. The chemical is called adrenalin (肾上腺素). &&&&&&&adrenalin in the blood system, you actually feel stronger and stronger and are &&&&&&&to fight or run away. However, when you are absolutely terrified (or completely afraid), the body can produce too much adrenalin. When this &&&&&&, the muscles become very hard and you find you &&&&&&go at all. You are then paralyzed (使无能为力) with fear. This is &&&&&&&when we are very frightened, we sometimes say we’re “petrified”. This word comes from the Greek word “petros”, which means “stone”. We are &&&&&&frightened that we become stonelike.小题1:A.howB.neitherC.whetherD.either小题2:A.braveB.realC.hardD.certain小题3:A.whenB.untilC.afterD.once小题4:A.realizeB.findC.thinkD.agree小题5:A.lifeB.questionC.mouseD.danger小题6:A.soldiersB.miceC.heroesD.cowards小题7:A.usefulB.braveC.nervousD.bored小题8:A.SoB.ThereforeC.ThenD.Actually小题9:A.freshB.poisonousC.warmD.ice-cold小题10:A.nervousB.calmC.frightenedD.excited小题11:A.wentB.helpedC.spokeD.swam小题12:A.inB.underC.aboveD.from小题13:A.an accidentB.a mistakeC.seventy-eightD.seventy-nine小题14:A.dangerousB.comfortableC.differentD.interesting小题15:A.WithB.WithoutC.ForD.Like小题16:A.afraidB.unableC.readyD.anxious小题17:A.getsB.disappearsC.happensD.goes小题18:A.needn’tB.can’tC.mustn’tD.shouldn’t小题19:A.whereB.howC.becauseD.why小题20:A.reallyB.veryC.suchD.so
It had been three months since Ms Miller had started teaching. She was gradually being able to understand all her students, except one, Bob. Bob was the only boy who came to school dressed untidily and sat in the class completely lost in his own world. His performance had been deteriorating gradually with every single day. Ms Miller searched through the progress reports of Bob and was shocked to see Bob used to be the topper in his class. Bob's performance began to slowly decline when his mother fell ill. He was doing badly in each and every subject when his mother died leaving him alone with his father, who was a businessman and had to travel always. Apart from his performance worsening gradually, Bob's nature too began to change. He had forgotten to laugh and showed no interest in any activity. All his friends had abandoned him. One day, Bob was asked to stay back.Ms Miller asked him if he had any problem understanding his lessons. Gradually she began to give him a comfort zone so that he could talk and share. After three weeks, she found Bob gradually improving. He was being able to answer the questions he previously failed. Every day after all the students went away, Ms Miller gave personal attention to Bob and began to spend time with him. Bob improved a lot over the next semester, showing definite signs of progress in his performance. On a Friday, Bob came up to Ms Miller, handed her a box and requested her to open the box on Sunday. On Sunday morning, curious, she opened it and saw a bottle of perfume, half filled. Together with it was a small letter, saying that this bottle of perfume used to be his mother's and he wished Ms Miller to wear it so that every time she was around, he could feel his Mom near him. He thanked her for everything. Ms Miller took the bottle of perfume in her hand and saw a ne it said "Happy Mother's Day”! Ms Miller suddenly realized that it was not she who had made a difference to Bob's life but it was Bob who made her realize what true humanity is!小题1:According to the text, Bob________.A.wore clean clothes all the timeB.was taller than any other one in his classC.lost all of his friends after his mother's deathD.could always have his father for company at home小题2:The underlined word "deteriorating" in Paragraph l probably means________.A.worseningB.changingC.thrillingD.Improving小题3: Paragraph 3 is mainly about________.A.why Ms Miller would like to help Bob.B.what Ms Miller did to help Bob. C.how Bob attracted Ms Miller’s attention.D.where Bob could sit comfortably小题4:The bottle of perfume given to Ms Miller______.A.showed Bob was thankful for Ms Miller’s helpB.was given on Mother’s DayC.made Bob a different studentD.was new and never used before小题5:What does the author wanted to tell us ______.A.a teacher can totally change a student’s lifeB.family is the most important place for kidsC.children don’t have to solve problems by themselvesD.one should have sympathy for another’s suffering and offer help
My mom only had one eye. I hated her. She was such an &&_. My mom ran a small shop at a flea market(跳蚤市场). She collected little weeds and such to sell anything for the&&we needed, she was such an embarrassment. I remember that it was field day(户外活动日) during elementary school, and my mom came. I was so&&&. How could she do this to me? I threw her a&&&&look and ran out. The next day at school, “Your mom only has one eye?" they&&&me. I wished that my mom would just&&&&from this world so I said to my mom, "Mom, why don't you have the other eye?! You're only going to make me a laughingstock(笑柄). Why don't you just die?" My mom did not &&&. I guess I felt a little bad, but at the same time, it felt&&&&to think that I had said what I'd wanted to say all this time. Maybe it was because my mom hadn't&&&&me, but I didn't think that I had hurt her feelings very badly. That night I woke up, and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. My mom was&&&&there, so&&&&, as if she was afraid that she might wake me. I took a look at her, and then turned&&&&. Because of the thing I had said to her earlier, there was something pinching (夹痛)at me in the corner of my&&&. Even so, I hated my mother who was crying out of her one eye. So I told myself that I would grow up and become&&&&, because I hated my one-eyed mom and our&&&&poverty. Then I studied really hard. I left my mother and came to Seoul and studied, and got admitted to the Seoul University with all the&&&&I had. Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. Then I had kids, too. Now I'm living happily as a successful man. I like it here because it's a place that doesn't&&&&me of my mom. This&&&&was getting bigger and bigger, when someone&&&&came to see me. "What? Who's this?" It was my mother still with her one eye. It felt as if the whole sky was falling apart on me. My little daughter ran away,&&&&of my mom's eye.小题1:A.shameB.delightC.embarrassmentD.advised小题2:A.foodB.house C.book D.money小题3:A.proudB.embarrassedC.shyD.frighted小题4:A.kindlyB.disappointedC.hatefulD.loving小题5:A.teasedB.askedC.scoldD.blame小题6:A.leaveB.travelC.escape D.disappear小题7:A.speakB.responseC.object D.forgive小题8:A.good B.sadC.regrefulD.ashamed小题9:A.cherishedB.lovedC.punishedD.valued小题10:A.laughing B.drinkingC.cookingD.weeping小题11:A.loudlyB.quietlyC.carefullyD.sadly小题12:A.awayB.outC.inD.over小题13:A.mindB.faceC.heartD.room小题14:A.strongB.confidentC.healthyD.successful小题15:A.desperate B.considerateC.comparedD.consistant小题16:A.indepedenceB.honoursC.experienceD.misery小题17:A.warnB.rememberC.remindD.inform小题18:A.confidenceB.heartC.dreamD.happiness小题19:A.unexpectedB.specialC.strange D.similar小题20:A.tiredB.scaredC.gladD.curious
My tire was flat. And I was on a country road. When I &&&&&with the tire, a car pulled off the road behind me. I saw a male &&&&&and said, “Hey, do you need any help?”  I literally was &&&&. This young guy was dressed in black. Nearly everything imaginable was tattooed(纹身). When he asked to give me a &&&&, I &&&&&someone sitting in his car. That &&&&&me. Thoughts of robberies flashed through my mind. Then, it began to &&&&. It hit like a waterfall and made it &&&&&to finish the tire change. With the car jacked(千斤顶托起) up, I was &&&&&to get in my car. “Get in my car” he insisted, “We’ll wait with you until the rain stops.” “No. I don’t need your help.” I said. “Come on. Get in.” he said as he &&&&&my arm and pulled me toward his car. “Oh, God, protect me!” I &&&&&to myself. As I settled into the back seat, suddenly a delicate &&&&&came from the front seat of the car. “Are you all right?” “Yes, I am,” I replied with much &&&&&seeing an old woman there. “My name is Beatrice and this is my neighbor John. John takes me to visit my husband in a nursing home every day. He is a really nice guy.”“John, I had thought you were, well, ah, you know I…” Embarrassment &&&&&my words. John laughed, “I often experienced &&&&&reaction. I actually thought about changing the way I look. &&&&&then I saw it as an opportunity to see others.”He was right. What he wore outside was just a &&&&&of the world as he saw it, but what he wore &&&&&was the spirit of giving and caring the world he wanted to see. I never believed that I should &&&&&&people by the way they dressed. I was&&&&&with myself for what I did. The rain stopped and John and I changed the tire. As we shook hands I apologized for my stupidity.小题1:A.waitedB. repairedC. struggledD. continued小题2:A.turnedB. approachedC. boardedD.[ stopped小题3:A.delightedB. calmC. frightenedD. excited小题4:A.lookB. aidC. fineD. hand小题5:A.recognizedB. metC. noticedD. watched小题6:A.amazedB. attractedC. confusedD. concerned小题7:A.pourB. startC. fallD. break小题8:A.possibleB. necessaryC. unnecessaryD. impossible小题9:A.readyB. eagerC. unableD. unsuitable小题10:A. touchedB. graspedC. placedD. controlled小题11:A. thoughtB. expectedC. repliedD. cried小题12:A. toneB. voiceC. soundD. alarm小题13:A. reliefB. shockC. easeD. sorrow小题14:A. blockedB. stuckC. chokedD. struck小题15:A. helpfulB. shamefulC. abnormalD. unfriendly小题16:A. AndB. SoC. ButD. Or小题17:A. reflectionB. conclusionC. concernD. meaning小题18:A. aroundB. alongC. throughD. inside小题19:A. decideB. appreciateC. judgeD. sniff小题20:A. angryB. gratefulC. strictD. content
I hadn’t even got a chance to enter the store before an African American woman approached me and asked if I would help her return an item. The item she has ___& __ was intended for her daughter, but she had already received a similar one. The lady ___& __ to exchange the item for something else in the store but she was told she needed an ID or the deal could not take place.I went to the __& __ with the woman so we could use my ID. The sales associate immediately started ___& ___ her of asking the first random person she saw to help her. Although that was true , I didn’t understand why it mattered. After all, not everyone is given the opportunity to __& __ an ID in this country.Then, we asked to speak with a manager, who explained that there was no way to return the item without a receipt and then went on to say the woman could not ___& ___ she purchased the item.“If I , a young white female, were to enter the store and request you to make an exchange without a receipt, I would not be ___& __ the privilege--- as I have proof from the past.” I said. He must have realized at that moment what he had done, because he ___& __ to exchange the item.There are many valuable lessons in the story. The first is to help a stranger in need. I hesitated when the woman asked for my help, but ___& ___ in my hand I asked myself, “ Why not? What valid reasons do I usually have?” I had none, so I helped her.The second lesson is not to judge a book by its cover. The woman looked poor, but she ___& __ the same treatment as anyone else does.小题1:A.purchasedB.shownC.lostD.mended小题2:A.managedB.wantedC.refusedD.promised小题3:A.counterB.departmentC.marketD.window小题4:A.warningB.informingC.reminding D.accusing小题5:A.leaveB.payC.findD.obtain小题6:A.answerB.proveC.supportD.admit小题7:A.orderedB.askedC.deniedD.given小题8:A.agreedB.preparedC.failedD.remembered小题9:A.totallyB.graduallyC.hardlyD.quickly小题10:A.deservedB.requiredC.receivedD.appreciated
An 80-year-old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 45-year-old highly educated son. Suddenly a crow(乌鸦)perched on the tree near their window. The father asked his son, “What is this? ” The son replied, “It is a crow.” After a few minutes, the father asked his son the 2nd time, “What is this?” The son said, “Father, I have just now told you It’s a crow’. ”After a little while, the old father again asked his son the 3rd time, “What is this? ”&&“It’s a crow, a crow, a crow.” said the son loudly. A little after, the father again asked his son the 4th time, “What is this?” This time the son shouted at his father, “Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again? ‘IT IS A CROW’. Are you not able to understand this?” A little later the father went to his room and came back with an old diary, which he had kept since his son was born. On opening a page, he asked his son to read that page. When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary: “Today my little son aged three was sitting with me on the sofa when a crow was sitting on the window. My son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question again and again for 23 times. I did not I rather felt affection for my innocent child. ”小题1: In what tone did the son say to his Father “It’s a crow, a crow, a crow. ”?A.impatientB.excited C.hurried D.surprised小题2:Why did the Father ask the same question again and again?A.Because he wanted to make his son angry.B.Because he was too old to remember anything.C.Because he couldn't understand what his son said.D.Because he wanted to see how patient his son would be.小题3:How old was the old man when his son asked him 23 times “What is this”?A.35 years old.B.38 years old.C.45 years old.D.80 years old.小题4:What is the most suitable title for the passage?A.A crow.B.Father's love.C.An old dairy. D.An old man.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 stand my me 的文章

随机推荐