help someone is youwho is...

&& How to Help Someone Who's Depressed
How to Help Someone Who's Depressed
Credit: Corbis
What to do by Ashlee Davis
When someone you know and love is clinically depressed, you want to be there for that person. Still, keep in mind that your friend or loved one has a medical condition, so giving support may mean more than just offering a shoulder to cry on.“There are many things you can do to make them feel better,” says Jackie Gollan, PhD, assistant professor in the department of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in Chicago, but medical care may be what they really need to recover.Here are nine helpful things you can do for someone with depression.
De–stress your life, sleep better, and conquer depression with the latest news and insights on mood management, plus special offers.
Get the latest health, fitness, anti-aging, and nutrition news, plus special offers, insights and more !
Advertisement
More Ways to Connect with Health
Stay Connected10 Ways to Help Someone Who’s Depressed | Psych Central