many teachersthere are manyr...

new HoverPopover({
el: $adExplanation,
placement: 'bottom',
html: true,
content: content
});&We're trying Google Ads to subsidize server costs. If you are logged in, you won't see ads. Hover to learn more.&Academia.edu is experimenting with adsDefending Public Schools: Teaching for a Democratic Society (DPS Volume 2)239 PagesE. Wayne Ross + 1Kathleen Kesson&&connect to downloadGet&pdfREAD PAPERDefending Public Schools: Teaching for a Democratic Society (DPS Volume 2)
Log In&with&FacebookLog In&with&GoogleEmail:Password:Remember me on this computeror&Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
Academia & 20161.such&&& 2. &an&&& 3. they&& 4. will get&&& 5. suggestions&&& &6. but&&& 7. on&&& 8. to do&&& 9. how&& 10. between
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:同步题
题型:阅读理解
阅读理解&&&&& Recovery from bulimia (贪食症)is difficult,but a beautiful journey!You'll come across many challenges-but once you've beaten them,the world will look much more beautiful.You can recover from this illness .I promise!Remember:If I recovered-you can too!&&&&& I began throwing up when I was just a kid...Back then I didn't know why I did that.But now I can seethat it was the result of my seeking socalled fashionable diets.&&&&& I was only 8 years old when my aunty phoned my mom saying that I'd thrown up my dinner.I told them it was just a party trick,and they ignored it.Their reaction made me realize that this 'trick' of mine should be a secret...I would continue doing it,but would never let anyone know.&&& & As I got older,this secret habit got more and more serious,and this carried on for years.During my first year of university,at the age of 20,I wasted over D|S20,000 on food from the school dining hall.&&&& Finally,after having had bulimia for nearly 12 years,I decided enough was enough.I was close to deathI could feel it in every part of my body.I needed help,and I made an appointment with a counselor (顾问)of my university.One year later,I graduated from university.I was proud of myself for getting my degree.But there was a deeper pride and strength inside my mind.I had beaten bulimia.It had been a long and difficult road ,but I'd done it.1.What might cause the writer's bulimia according to the text?&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.Her improper diets.B.Lack of her parents' love.C.Lack of communication with others.D.Her had habit of throwing up.2.It can be learned from the third paragraph that ________.A.the author didn't like her aunty at allB.the author liked to keep everything secretC.the author's family took her illness seriouslyD.the author didn't want other people to find the truth3.What can be inferred from the last paragraph?A.The author almost felt hopeless at that time.B.The author only believed her university counselor.C.The author's university counselor offered to help her.D.The author's university counselor majored in bulimia.4.Which of the following statements is TRUE?A.The author's bulimia didn't grow worse as she grew older.B.The author believes that nobody can beat bulimia completely.C.The author's bulimia helped her save money when at university.D.The author had beaten bulimia when she graduated from university.5.The passage is written for people ________.A.who also suffer from bulimiaB.who major in bulimia at universityC.who want to form a good habit of dietingD.who are eager to get a degree at university6. 用30词左右概括文章大意&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
来源:贵州省月考题
&&&&& Have you ever received a gift that was so clearly not your taste that you wondered if perhaps it had been handed to you by mistake? Worse, have you ever given a present and watched your friend look asthough she had opened the wrong box? Maybe she responded with a polite "Why, thank you," but you knew you had missed the mark. Why do presents sometimes go wrong? And what do your choices reflect about your personal qualities?&&&&&&Choosing the right gift is an art, I think. It calls for empathy---the ability to put yourself into someone else's head and heart. We're in fact, we're born with a kind of natural empathy. After the earliest period of childhood, however, it needs to be strengthened----by our parents, teachers, friends. When it isn't, we're not able to understand other people's feelings as sharply. This can show in the gifts we select, so can many other emotional qualities.&&&&&&Think back to the presents you've given over the past years, the time and effort you put in your selection, how much you spent, your thoughts while you were shopping, and your feelings when the receiver opened the package. Keep in mind that what you choose displays your inner world. Of course, you may express yourself differently with different friends, relatives, and other people you know.&&&&&& We live in a society where exchanging presents is an important part of communication. Ignoring the tradition won't make it go away. If you really dislike the tradition, tell your friends ahead of time.1. The underlined expression "you had missed the mark" means you had failed to__&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& .A. make her feel better&& B. keep your friendship&&C. receive a present in returnD. get the expected effect2. Which of the following is the main idea of the second paragraph?&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A. Natural empathy needs to be strengthened.B. Emotional changes influence one's choice of gifts.C. Selecting the right gifts is an ability people are born with.D. Choosing gifts requires one to understand the receivers.3. In the third paragraph, the author tells us that____________.A. attention should be paid to the receivers' responsesB. one learns from what he did in the pastC. the choice of gifts reflects one's emotional qualitiesD. one should spend more time choosing gifts4. The best title for this passage is "____________".A. Ways of Choosing Gifts&&&&&&B. An Important TraditionC. Exchanging Presents&&&&&&&& D. Message in a Gift
来源:贵州省期末题
阅读理解&&&& We all long for friendship, but how to make a friend? "The best time to make a friend is before you need one." Joy Steven said. The following are some tips for you.&&&& People equal friends&&&& Friends usually begin with strangers. Getting in touch with other people is the first step to make a friend. Friends can't be made in empty air. Best friends take time to make.&&&& Friends understand friends&&&& Friends understand each other when talking. Many unpleasant personal quarrels can be avoided if you will take the time to understand others' feelings and points of view.&&&& Friends touch friends&&&& Touching is a warm from of communication between friends. When you see best friends communicating, you will notice them stand close together, touch each other comfortably and listen to each other. Sometimes a friendly touch is more powerful than words.&&&& Friends praise friends&&&& Praise is a powerful tool to make a friend. Honest praise can affect (影响) your friends' lives. So try to praise your friends, including your general ones.&&&& Friends can loyal (忠诚的) and trustworthy&&&& Trust and loyalty go hand in hand for friends. Friends can share secrets with you, because good friends never break confidence (信心) and are loyal forever.1. From Joy Steven's words, we can conclude that ________A. a friend in need is a friend indeed B. it is never too late to make a friend C. it is late to make a friend when you need one D. everyone needs a friend in his life 2. To make and keep many friends, you need to do the following EXCEPT ___________.A. get in touch with people B. understand your friendsC. praise your friends&&& D. quarrel with your friends3. The passage mainly tells us ______________.A. how to communicate with a friend&&&&B. how to develop friendshipC. when to make a friend&&&&&& D. how to praise a friend
来源:贵州省期末题
阅读理解&&&& America is a mobile society. Friendships between Americans can be close andreal, yet disappear soon if situations change. Neither side feels hurt by this. Both may exchange Christmas greetings for a year or two, perhaps a few letters for a while - then no more. If the same two people meet again by chance, even years later, they pick up the friendship. This can be quite difficult for us Chinese to understand, because friendships between us flower more slowly but then may become lifelong feelings, extending (延伸) sometimes deeply into both families.&&&&& Americans are ready to receive us foreigners at their homes, share their holidays, and their home life. They will enjoy welcoming us and be pleased if we accept their hospitality (好客) easily.&&&& Another difficult point for us Chinese to understand Americans is that although they include us warmly in their personal everyday lives, they don't show their politeness&&to us if it requires a great deal of time. This is usually the opposite of the practice in our country where we may be generous with our time. Sometimes, we, as hosts, will appear at airports even in the middle of the night to meet a friend. We may take days off to act as guides to our foreign friends. The Americans, however, express their welcome usually at homes, but truly can not manage the time to do a great deal with a visitor outside their daily activities. They will probably expect us to get ourselves from the airport to our own hotel by bus. And they expect that we will phone them from there. Once we arrive at their homes, the welcome will be full, warm and real. We will find ourselves treated hospitably.&&&&&For the Americans, it is often considered more friendly to invite a friend to their homes than to go to restaurants, except for purely business matters. So accept their hospitality at home!1. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage?A. Friendships between Americans usually extend deeply into their families.B. Americans will continue their friendships again even after a long break.C. Americans always show their warmth even if they are very busy.D. Friendships between Americans usually last for all their lives.2. From the last two paragraphs we can learn that when we arrive in America to visit an American&& &friend, we will probably be ______.A. treated hospitably at his home&&&&&&B. offered a ride to his homeC. warmly welcomed at the airportD. treated to dinner in a restaurant3. The underlined words "generous with our time" in Paragraph 3 probably mean ______. A. strict with time&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. serious with timeC. willing to spend time&&&&&&&&&&&& D. careful with time4. A suitable title for this passage would probably be "______". A. Friendships between Chinese&&&&B. Friendships between AmericansC. Americans' hospitality&&&&&&&& D. Americans' and Chinese's opinions of friendships
阅读理解&&&&& Many people tend to complain about not having good friends in their lives.Saddened,they seem to think that their own company is not enough to make them happy.Nothing could be further from the truththough.In order to get along with others,the first thing you need to do is learn to get along with yourself.Only in this way will you succeed in developing healthy,solid relationships with others.&&&&& Listen to your inner voice.Remember that inner voice that keeps whispering to you what you really want and need as well as what you do not really want and need.It is about time you started listening to it.In order to get to know yourself in depth,it is important to learn and accept what you want and what you donot want.&&&&& Learn to enjoy your own company.You will be surprised to find out how many things you can do by yourself and actually have fun in the process.Reading romantic novels,poetry or science fiction is only a few of the things that you can do by yourself,that not only can offer you hours of enjoyment,but also the chance to get to know yourself better.&&&&& Satisfy yourself.Pay special attention to your personal hygiene(卫生).Do your hair and nails often and experiment with new styles.Follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly to stay in good shape.Nomatter how busy your daily schedule is,always find at least an hour per day for yourself,when you caneither relax doing absolutely nothing,or doing something that you enjoy.&&&&& Learn to respect your own boundaries.Find out what your boundaries are and learn to respect them.You are the only one who knows what you can and what you cannot accept;no one else can point that out to you,or force you to compromise.1.If you want to have a good relationship with others,you should first________.A.get into the habit of living aloneB.make many friends in societyC.always tell the truthD.learn to be your own best friend2.What is the purpose of listening to your inner voice?A.To keep a good state of mind.B.To know more about yourself.C.To enjoy the time by yourself.D.To form a relationship with others.3.The author encourages us to spare an hour every day to________.A.share happiness with othersB.experiment with new stylesC.gain some additional knowledgeD.keep ourselves company4.According to the author,no matter what we do in our life,we must learn to________.A.communicate with our friendsB.find a nice compromiseC.combine fun with lifeD.keep our bottom lines5.What is the structure of the passage?
来源:高考真题
阅读理解。&&&& Taiwan police cannot decide whether to treat it as an extremely eleven act of stealing or an even elev-ecer cheat (诈骗). Either way, it could be the perfect crime (犯罪), because the criminals are birds-horning pigeons! &&&& The crime begins with a telephone message to the owner of a stolen car: if you want the car back, pay up then, the car owner is directed to a park, told where to find a bird cage and how to attach money to the neck of the pigeon inside. Carrying the money in a tiny bag, the pigeon flies off. &&&& There have been at least four such pigeon pick-ups in Changwa. What at first seemed like the work of a clever stay-at-home car thief, however, may in face be the work of an even lazier and more inventive criminal mind-one that avoid (避免) not only colleting money but going out to steal the car in the first place. Police officer Chen says that the criminal probably has pulled a double trick: he gets money for things he cannot possibly return. Instead of stealing cars, he lets someone else do it and then waits for the car-owner to place an ad (启事) in the newspaper asking for help. &&&& The theory is supported by the fact that, so far, none of the stolen cars have been returned. Also, the amount of money demanded-under 3,000 Taiwanese dollars -seems too little for a car worth many times more. &&&& Demands for pigeon-delivered money stopped as soon as the press reported the story. And even if they start again, Chen holds little hope of catching the criminal. "We have more important things to do," he said. 1. After the car owner received a phone call. He _____.A. went to a certain pigeon and put some money in the bag it carried B. gave the money to the thief and had his car back in a park C. sent some money to the thief by mail D. told the press about it& 2. The "lazier and more inventive" criminal refers to ______. A. the car thief who stays at home B. one of those who put the ads in the paper C. one of the policemen in Changwa D. the owner of the pigeons 3. The writer mentions the fact that "none of the stolen cars have been returned" to show _____. A. how easily people get fooled by criminals B. what Chen thinks might be correct C. the thief is extremely clever D. the money paid is too little4. The underlined word "they" in the last paragraph refers to _____.
A. criminals B. pigeons C. the stolen cars D. demands for money 5. We may infer from the text that the criminal knows how to reach the car owners because _____. A. he reads the ads in the newspaper B. he lives in the same neighborhood C. he has seen the car owners in the park D. he has trained the pigeons to follow them
来源:山西省同步题
短文填空&&&& No fight can end,&&and no friendship can move on,&&until everyone says these little words:I'm sorry.Sometimes,&&though,&&they can be difficult to say.1.________&&&& It is not about winning.&&&& Friendships aren't like the Super Bowl,&&and there should never be a winner and a loser.When you start fighting with a friend,&&it may feel important that you "win" the fight by proving you're right and he is wrong,&&or by making him be the first to apologize.In reality,&&you'll both lose if you let your fight ruin your friendship,&&and you'll both win if you find a way to heal it.2.________&&&& You may have heard the expression "His pride stood in the way". It is usually used to describe a person who is so determined to be "right" that he lets an opportunity for happiness pass him by forever.3.________Remember:as time goes on,&&we usually forget who was right and who was wrong in a disagreement,&&and only remember the sadness of losing a friend.&&&& Take the first step.&&&& Are you sick of fighting?Do you think this fight is just not important enough to ruin your friendship?4.________You don't have to take full responsibility for starting the fight,&&or even say that your feelings were wrong.But you should find something you did or said that's worth apologizing for.Maybe you're sorry that you let the fight go for so long,&&or that you overreacted to something your friend did.If you say you're sorry,&&it's like an invitation for your friend to do the same.&&&& 5. ________A. Then try to be the first to apologize.B. Stop thinking about your pride.C. It's about taking some responsibility for the argument.D. Don't let this happen to a friendship you care about.E. Here are some things to keep in mind.F. There are some special cases when you shouldn't be the one to apologize first.G. Once you've both said it,&&you'll both feel a million times better.
根据2011年人教版高一英语课时典中点第二单元自主预习案(必修1)完成下面问题1. Which country may have the largest number of English& learners?A. Britain.&&&& B. America.&C. China.&&&& D. Australia. 2. Which of the following is Not true?A. Languages are changing gradually over time.B. Between AD 450 and 800,English was like German.C. In the 19th century,English was the official languageof India.D. Before the 18th century, English was only spoken in England.3. The last sentence"Only time will tell."in the text probably means that_______.A. English may develop its own identity in ChinaB. Chinese people may help change English a great dealC. there may be more and more English learners&in ChinaD. there may be a completely new language in China4. Why do more people speak English than ever before?A. Because it is an international language.B. Because it has the largest number of speakers.C. Because it is easy to learn.D. Because it always stays the same.5. What's the main idea of the passage?A. China has the largest number of English learners.B. Languages always change.C. English is easy to learn.D. The development of modern English.

我要回帖

更多关于 teachers 的文章