皖南八校联考2012届高三第一次联考文科英...

上周组 630 份试卷
当前组 116391份试卷
您的位置:
2012届安徽省皖南八校高三第一次联考英语卷(解析版)
2012届安徽省皖南八校高三第一次联考英语卷(解析版)
第1题:单项选择
To tell ______ truth, he is at ______ loss what to do currently.A./; aB./C. aD./;/
—What present shall we offer Johnson for his birthday? What kind of things does he prefer, a football, an iPod, or an e-bike?—_____. Let's give him an e-bike.A.No wayB.That's itC.Not at allD.It's a good idea
—Shall we go to the restaurant opposite the supermarket for dinner?—No, it's the _____ place I'd like to go to.A.worstB.bestC.lastD.first
—Amazingly, Zhuo Jun got the first place for the China's Got Talent (中国达人秀) last night.—So wonderfully ______ in the show that he deserved it.A.did he performB.had he performedC.he performedD.he had performed
—Mum, is the pair of gloves _____ mine?—Yes.You have to wear another pair.A.washingB.have washedC.having washedD.being washed
The cigarette end thrown away by a careless farmer ______ the big fire and caused a great loss to them.A.brought aboutB.brought inC.brought down D.brought out
After work I went to the box office to buy the tickets for Kungfu Panda 2.only to be told there was ______ left.A.nothingB.noneC.no oneD.neither
Dogs are our good friends as they can keep ______ with us when we are lonely.A.ambitionB.companyC.balanceD.distinction
&&&&&&the fierce competition in finding a good job in big cities, many fresh graduates are trying their fortune in medium-sized cities like Wuhu City.A.Regardless ofB.Apart fromC.Instead ofD.Due to
Taobo is Asia's largest retail(零售的) network platform, ______ people can buy and sell many kinds of things.A.whereB.whenC.thatD.whose
&&&&&&Yao Ming has retired from the NBA, the pleasure we have got by watching him play basketball at home and abroad will last long.A.AlthoughB.IfC.'SinceD.Once
David must be excited about something and you can ______ it from the look on his faceA.readB.fetchC.directD.approve
—I&&&&&&downtown to the shopping centre soon.Could I get you something?—No, thanks.I will do e-shopping.A.was just goingB.am just about to goC.have just goneD.am just going
—How do you find the health club?—I&&&&&&&&. Everyone is saying its management is going from bad to worseA.ought to joinB.should have joinedC.would rather not have joinedD.would like to have joined
&&&&&is known to us a11 is that London will host the 30th Olympic Games nextA.AsB.WhichC.ItD.What
第2题:完形填空
One cold night, I was growing sick of my life in San Francisco.There I was walking home around one o clock m the morning after a&& 36&&practice at the theatre With he opening night only a week away, I was still learning my lines by heart. I was having &&37&handling my part-time job at the bank in the daytime and my acting at night at the same time. As I walked, I thought seriously about& 38&both acting and San Francisco. I had& 39&too much of city life. As I walked down the& 40&streets under the tall buildings, I felt very small and cold, so I began& 41&both to keep warm and to keep away from any possible robbers. Very few people were still out& 42&a few homeless people under blankets. About a block from my& 43&, I heard a sound behind me. I &&44&&quickly, half expecting to see someone with a knife or a gun. The street was empty. All I saw was a shining streetlight. Still, the noise had made me& 45&so I started to run faster. Not until I reached my apartment building and unlocked the door did I &&46 &what the noise had been. It had been my wallet& 47&to the sidewalk. Suddenly I wasn’t cold or tired anymore. I ran out of the door and back to where I’d heard the noise. Although I searched the sidewalk &&48&for 15 minutes, my wallet was &&49&to be found. Just as I was about to quit the& 50&, I heard the garbage truck stop to the sidewalk next to& 51&.when a voice came from the inside, “Alisa Camcho?” I thought I was dreaming. How could this man know my name? The door opened and out jumped a small blonde man with an& 52&look in his eyes. “Is this& 53 &you’re looking for?” He asked, holding up something like a wallet. It was already 3 a.m. by the time I got into bed. I couldn’t get much sleep, but I had got my wallet back. I also had got back some& 54&of city life. I realized the city couldn’t be a bad place& 55&people were willing to help each other.【小题1】A.comfortableB.seriousC.tiresomeD.fortunate【小题2】A.comfort ''B.desireC.painD.trouble【小题3】A.setting upB.giving upC.holding upD.picking up【小题4】A.expectedB.changedC.controlledD.possessed【小题5】A.desertedB.crowdedC.blankD.narrow【小题6】A.runningB.jumpingC.movingD.marching【小题7】A.towardsB.exceptC.includingD.between【小题8】A.bankB.theatreC.apartmentD.office【小题9】A.stoodB.walkedC.turnedD.left【小题10】A.satisfiedB.confusedC.frightenedD.annoyed【小题11】A.turn outB.figure outC.give outD.pull out【小题12】A.belongingB.addingC.stickingD.falling【小题13】A.gratefullyB.anxiouslyC.skilfullyD.delightedly【小题14】A.nowhereB.anywhereC.everywhereD.somewhere【小题15】A.instructionB.trainingC.searchD.acting【小题16】A.itB.himC.someoneD.me【小题17】A.amusedB.unpleasantC.uneasyD.embarrassed【小题18】A.whatB.whoC.whicheverD.whomever【小题19】A.productionB.judgmentC.friendshipD.appreciation【小题20】A.as soon asB.as long asC.as far asD.as well as
答案:【小题1】C【小题1】D【小题1】B【小题1】A【小题1】A【小题1】A【小题1】B【小题1】C【小题1】C【小题1】C【小题1】B【小题1】D【小题1】B【小题1】A【小题1】C【小题1】D【小题1】A【小题1】A【小题1】D【小题1】B
第3题:阅读理解
When middle-aged Alex quit his job and made up his mind to become a self-employed writer, no one could tell for sure whether he would succeed or not.He found a cold storage room in a building, set up a used typewriter and settled down to work. After a year or so, however, Alex began to doubt himself.He found it was difficult to earn his living by selling what he wrote.But Alex determined to put his dream to the test—even though it meant living with uncertainty and fear of failure.This is the shadowland (虚幻世界) of hope, and anyone with a dream must learn to live there. One day Alex got a call, "We need an assistant, and we're paying $ 6,000 a year." $ 6,000 was real money in 1960.It would enable Alex to get a nice apartment, a used car and more.Besides, he could write in his spare time.As the dollars were dancing in Alex's head, something cleared his senses.He had dreamed of being a writer ?full time."Thanks, but no," Alex said firmly and swiftly, "I'm going to stick it out and write." After Alex got off the phone, he pulled out everything he had: two cans of vegetables and 18 cents.Alex put the cans and cents into a paper bag, saying to himself," There's everything you've made of yourself so far.I'm not sure I ever felt so low." Finally his work was published in 1970.Instantly he had the kind of fame and success that few writers ever experience.The shadows had turned into focus of attention. Then one day, Alex found a box filled with things he had owned years before.Inside was a paper bag with two cans and 18 cents.Suddenly he pictured himself working in that cold storage room.It reminds Alex, and anyone with a dream, of the courage and persistence (坚毅) it takes to stay the course (持续到底) in the shadowland.【小题1】Why did Alex give up his job?A.Because he didn't like the working conditions.B.Because he couldn't earn enough to make a living.C.Because he wanted to be a full-time writer.D.Because he felt he had no potential in his job.【小题2】What did Alex express when he answered the call?A.He refused the job offer.B.He was willing to give them a hand.C.He expected them to pay him more money.D.He would write in his spare time.【小题3】What kind of person is Alex?A.Determined.B.Modest.C.Shy.D.Brave.【小题4】Which of the following can summarize the passage best?A.Look before you leap.B.Two heads are better, than one.C.Hold on to your dream, and it will come true.D.A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
答案:【小题1】C【小题1】A【小题1】A【小题1】C
Drinking Water: Bottled or From the Tap(水龙头)? In America, people will include a case or two of bottled water when buying the week's groceries(日用杂货).When they are going to a soccer game or activity, it's common for them to grab a cold bottle of water out of the fridge with them.In fact, Americans buy more bottled water than any other nation in the world, about 29 billion bottles a year. But all these plastic bottles use a lot of fossil fuels and pollute the environment.In order to make all the 29 billion bottles, producers use 17 million barrels of crude oil, which is enough to keep a million cars going for 12 months. So why don't people drink water straight from the tap? Some people have a strong belief that bottled water is better than water out of the tap, but that's not necessarily true.In the US, the local governments make sure water from the tap is safe.There is also growing concern that chemicals in the bottles themselves may go into the water. People love the convenience of bottled water.But maybe if they realized the problems it causes, they would try drinking from a glass at home or carrying water in a reusable steel container instead of plastic. Some argue that plastic bottle recycling can help.Recycled bottles can be turned into items like carpeting or clothing.Unfortunately, only one in six bottles is recycled.The rest make it to landfills(垃圾填坦场) or end as trash in other places.Plastic bottles take hundreds of years for them to disintegrate. Water is important for you, so keep drinking it.But think about how often you use water bottles, and see if you can make a change. And yes, you can make a difference.Remember this: Recycling one plastic bottle can save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for six hours.【小题1】How many cars can be kept going for a year by the crude oil used to make 29 billion bottles?A.100. B.I,000.C.100,000.D.I,000,000.【小题2】Why do Americans prefer bottled water?A.Bottled water is better than water from the tap.B.Bottled water is cheaper than water from the tap.C.Bottled water contains beneficial chemicals in it.D.Bottled water is more convenient than water from the tap.【小题3】What does the underlined word "disintegrate" in the fifth paragraph probably mean^A.Be well recycled.B.Become less poisonous.C.Break into small pieces.D.Go down below a surface.【小题4】The author's intention of writing this passage is to recommend AmericansA.drink more water from the tapB.send plastic bottles to landfills.C.use water bottles to power light bulbsD.buy bottles filled with water from the tap
答案:【小题1】D【小题1】D【小题1】C【小题1】A
Money is all surrounding us.Every day, we see it, use it, and it is on the tip of our tongue.Did you ever stop to take into consideration where the money that you carry around every day comes from? Making new money is a very unique job and no easy task.It has up to 65 steps When the money in circulation(流通) gets dirty and worn out, it is replaced with new money The old money is taken from banks and brought to places where it is destroyed Usually, the old money is burned.The burned money is replaced by new paper money If old money is being replaced, then new money is printed in a place called a mint(造币厂).Large sheets 01 paper are printed with many pictures of some currency (流通货币).These large sheets are cut into individual bills.The individual bills are then put together in big stacks and then sent to banks. Sometimes the mint will make a new bill with a new picture (portraits of statesman and places of interest are favoured) or a new colour. It is not easy for the government to make a new bill. It takes a long time, and there are many steps to go through before a new bill can be sent to banks, first, people m the government decide that a new kind of bill is needed Then, they ask and artist to design the new bill.A different artist cuts the new picture into a soft piece of metal called a die.The dies are made and put onto large printing machines.Then, very special paper is used, which no one but the mint can have.Along with this special paper, the mint also prints currency using special colours.After the dies print the new currency onto the paper, the bills are cut, stacked, and sent off to the banks.【小题1】From the passage we know thatA.banks make new moneyB.it takes 65 procedures to make new moneyC.mints decide what kind of bill is neededD.old money that is not used is forever stored in a special place【小题2】We can infer from the passage that a die is ____A.something for dead peopleB.a special machine that prints the moneyC.a special piece of paper that the money is made fromD.a piece of metal that puts the picture on the money【小题3】'Which of the following shows the right order of dealing with new money?①New money is printed in a mint.②Bills are cut from large sheets of special paper.③New money is sent in large amounts to banks.④The government decides to make new money.A.①②③④B.④③②①C.④①③②D.④①②③【小题4】Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the passage?A.The reason for making new money.B.The processes of making a new bill.C.The amount of new money needed.D.Things used.to make new money or a new bill.
答案:【小题1】B【小题1】D【小题1】D【小题1】C
Nuclear weapons(核武器)were first developed in the United States during the Second World War to be used against Germany.However, by the time the first bombs were ready for use, the war with Germany had ended and, as a result, the decision was made to use the weapons against Japan instead.Hiroshima and Nagasaki have suffered the consequences of the decision to the present day. The real reasons why bombs were dropped on two heavily populated cities are not altogether clear.A number of people in 1944 and early 1945 argued that the use of nuclear weapons would be unnecessary, since American Intelligence was aware that some of the most powerful and influential people in Japan had already realised that the war was lost, and wanted to discuss a Japanese surrender (投降).It was also argued that, since Japan has few natural resources, a blockade (封锁) by the American navy would force it to surrender within a few Weeks, and the use of nuclear weapons would prove unnecessary.If a demonstration of force was required to end the war, a bomb could be dropped over an unpopulated area like a desert, in front of Japanese observers, or over an area of low population inside Japan, such as a forest.Choosing this course of action might decrease the loss of further lives on all sides, while the power of nuclear weapons would still be adequately demonstrated(展示). All of these arguments were turned down, however, and the general agreement was that the quickest way to end the fighting would be to use nuclear weapons against the centres of population inside Japan.In fact, two of the more likely reasons why the decision was reached seem quite shocking to us now.【小题1】The meaning of the underlined sentence in Paragraph 1 is that &&&&&&&.A.the two cities were badly damaged after they were bombedB.the two cities suffered because Japan would not agree to end the warC.the terrible effects of dropping nuclear weapons on these cities can still be feltD.the end of the war with Germany meant Hiroshima and Nagasaki, would suffer【小题2】According to Paragraph 2, a blockade would have been successful becauseA.Japan had to import most of its natural resourcesB.Japan would not be powerful enough to beat a blockadeC.an attack would probably destroy Japanese resources within a few weeksD.the Americans could defeat Japan's navy since it was short of resources【小题3】The last paragraph tells that&&&&&&&&&.A.the writer probably expects us hot to argue with his opinionB.the nuclear bombs must have been dropped on Tokyo, tooC.the real reasons for' the decision may never have been made clearD.the writer has not done much research on this subject to establish the facts【小题4】What would probably be discussed in the paragraphs that follow?&&&&&&A.The reasons why Japan chose to surrender.B.The writer's attitudes towards the Japan's surrender.C.People's different opinions about dropping nuclear weapons onto the cities. D.Some of the possible reasons for dropping nuclear weapons onto the cities.
答案:【小题1】C【小题1】A【小题1】C【小题1】D
Beijing ?(13, July) China sent up a new data relays atellite (数据中继卫星), Tianlian I -02, on Monday at the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in South-western Sichuan province.The new satellite will promote the country's satellite communication network for space docking (对接). The satellite was launched on a Long-March-SC carrier rocket at 11:41 p.m., sources at the centre told Xinhua News Agency.The satellite separated from the rocket 26 minutes after its launch and was then successfully delivered into a geostationary transfer orbit (地球同步转移轨道). Developed by the China Academy of Space Technology under the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, the satellite is the country's second data relay satellite.The first, Tianlian I -01, was launched on April 25.2008. The two satellites will form a network to improve communications between China's spacecraft and bases on Earth, according to the centre.They will also be used to help the nation's first space docking, scheduled for the second half of this year. As planned, China will launch space module Tiangong-I (天宫1号), which was designed as a platform that will dock with an unmanned spaceship, Shenzhou, for the county's first space-docking mission this year. Two more Shenzhou spaceships will dock with Tiangong-I next year, and one will be manned by two or three astronauts, according to China Manned Space Engineering Office, which was the main user of the Tianlian I series data relay satellites. "The new satellite can cover a greater area to track and command the country's space vehicles m low-Earth orbits, such as manned spacecraft and remote sensing satellites, from a higher position m outer space.Only three satellites of this kind are needed to form a global communication network, and China has two now." Pang Zhihao, a researcher and deputy editor-in-chief of Space International, said. The satellite could also equip astronauts with real-time communications, which will benefit the county s future manned space flights, he said.【小题1】What is the main purpose to send up Tianlian I -02 ?A.To test the function of a Long-March-SC carrier rocket.B.To carry some astronauts into space to do some research.C.To send more information and clearer pictures to mobile phones on the earth.D.To promote the country's satellite communication network for space docking'【小题2】From the passage we know&&&&&&&&&&&.A.one more such satellite is needed to form a global communication networkB.the satellite was developed by China Manned Space Engineering OfficeC.it was less than three years since China launched its first date relay satellite of this kindD.the satellite could help track and command space vehicles in orbits because it's lower in position【小题3】Which of the following is TRUE according to the news report?A.Shenzhou Ⅷ is a manned spaceship.B.Tiangong- I will dock with three Shenzhou spaceships next year.C.the satellite is of great importance to China's space exploration.D.china’s first ^a06 docking will be done in the second half of next year.【小题4】The best title of the passage could be _____.A.China Launched a New Space ShuttleB.China's Plan for Space ExplorationC.China’s Progress m China's Space ExplorationD.New Satellite Helps China's Space Exploration
答案:【小题1】D【小题1】A【小题1】C【小题1】D
第4题:阅读填空
注意:每个空格只填一个单词。We all need physical exercise. Exercise uses up food we eat and keeps the body full of energy. It works your muscles and makes your heart work hard so as to send blood to your muscles. So, exercise makes your heart and muscles strong. Exercise also makes you feel refreshed. If you exercise a couple of times a week, you will stay happy and healthy.Some Western countries, such as the United States, have problems with exercise. In the US, many people don’t have enough exercise because it is hard for them. People have to work from dawn till dusk, so they don’t have time to take exercise. They work in office buildings sitting in chairs all day long in front of computers. They cannot get much exercise sitting at desk passively.Some Westerners can get exercise walking from their homes to work. However, the majority of people cannot do this. It is too far from their homes to their offices. They have no choice but to drive to work. In fact, some have to drive one or two hours to their offices. This is unfavourable in two ways. First, these people don’t have a chance to exercise because they are sitting in their cars for two to four hours each day. Second, driving is challenging especially in rush hours and calls for too much attention. It makes a person worn out. So, when these people arrive home at night, they don’t have the desire to take exercise after work.Today, many people in the West are overweight, which causes health problems for them. Doctors say exercise can help people both lose weight and improve their health. So many people are trying to get more exercise. But it takes time to change, and when people don’t see a difference right away, they will lose heart and stop exercising.TiltleWesterners【小题1】&&&&&&&&ExerciseThe【小题2】&&&&&&&&people can get from exercise·Keep your
body【小题3】&&&&&&&&&.·Make you
feel good.·Help you
stay healthy and happy if you exercise【小题4】&&&&.·Help you
lose weight and get your health 【小题5】&&&&&.One【小题6】&&&&&&&&for not getting enough exercise for some
westernersSome people at
work are too 【小题7】&&&&&&&to exercise.The difficulty
those who drive to work have in exercisingSome live too【小题8】&&&&&&&&away from their workplace so they have to drive
to work. After driving back at night, they are too【小题9】&&&&&&so
they don’t want to exercise.The wrong attitude
to exercise some people haveSome would be【小题10】&&&&&&if they don’t see a difference within a short time.&
答案:【小题1】Lack&&&&&【小题1】benefits/advantages&&&【小题1】strong /energetic【小题1】 regularly/often/frequently&&&【小题1】improved&&&&&【小题1】reason&【小题1】busy&&&【小题1】far&&【小题1】tired/exhausted&&&【小题1】discouraged/unconfident
第5题:书面表达
如今网络已经对人们产生了很大影响,对中学生影响尤其之深。有人认为利大于弊,有人认为弊大于利,请以“Advantages and Disadvanntages of the Internet”题,用英语写一篇文章,结合实际情况谈谈你的看法。注意:1.词数100左右。2.可适当增加细节,以使行文连贯。
答案:One possible version The Internet is exercising its power in every aspect of our life. People, old and young, are using it, and we students are no exception. However, our parents are worried about our going online. They say the Internet is doing great harm to us after reading about many spoiled children going online. In fact, the Internet can do us more good than harm. For instance, we students can seek help online when we are faced with difficulties in our studies or when we want to find some useful materials to complete a task. The Internet also provides us with a cheap alternative to communicate with others.Indeed, there are many students who have been addicted to computer games, but that’s not the fault of the Internet. We should have control over ourselves and make good use of the Internet.

我要回帖

更多关于 皖南八校联考 的文章

随机推荐