friendswhat are you likelike wi...

114网址导航Edited by Batkingnz, Anonymous, Lynn, Eng and 8 others
With the number of messaging apps on Windows Phone that allow you to send free messages and make calls over WiFi and data connections, it can be hard to decide which one to settle on. The messaging app that we will look at in this article touts some interesting and unique features that could just make it your messenger of choice, but you need to get your friends on board too. Check out our article below to learn the functions and features of this rapidly growing app to find out if it's the one for you.
Was this helpful?
A Windows Phone running Windows Phone 8.
The phone should be connected to a cellular network for first time activation.
A data or WiFi connection for sending messages and making voice or video calls.
WeChat is not your standard messaging app. It includes a multitude of features like social networking, walkie talkie type functionality and some interesting friend finding features that use your location information. See our list below of key features.
Was this helpful?
Finds WeChat contacts automatically in your phonebook.
Free instant messaging, voice messaging, voice calling and video calling.
Uses GPS to find new friends around your current location.
Allows group messaging including group voice messaging.
A social networking aspect where you can post text and photos. And like and comment on your friends posts.
Works with your data plan or WiFi connection.
WeChat is available on Android and iOS so you shouldn't have trouble getting your current contacts to join you in this application.
To get started you will need to install the app.
1Visit the store from your Windows Phone start screen. If you have removed the icon, just swipe right to the apps list to locate the store.{
Advertisement
Was this step helpful?
2Use the search function and search for "wechat". Open the first result from the publisher Tencent WeChat Limited and press "Install", accepting any permissions that the app requires you to run.
Advertisement
Was this step helpful?
3When the install has completed, you will be taken to the installed location on your apps menu. Now is a good time to add a live tile for WeChat to your start screen. Just long press the app icon and select "Pin to Start". You can then open WeChat.Was this step helpful?
1WeChat requires a one time sign up using your phone number. Input your country and phone number when asked on screen and press the arrow to continue. You will be sent a registration code through SMS to complete the registration. Input the code on the next page and press the arrow to continue into WeChat.Was this step helpful?
2After registration, WeChat will ask you if you want to receive notifications while WeChat is closed. Choose yes or no to continue.Was this step helpful?
3Location data. WeChat will then ask for permission to use your location. Choose yes or no to continue. This can be turned on or off later and is required for some features to work properly. After this step you will be shown some introduction screens. After viewing these you will continue on to the main WeChat interface.Was this step helpful?
WeChat has many messaging and social features that we will go into detail with below. We will break the features down by the main screens shown in WeChat. Swipe left and right at any time to navigate through the main screens.
Was this helpful?
1Messages Screen. This is where you will see any conversations between you and your contacts. From this screen you can tap on any messages to view or long hold on any messages to delete the thread. From this screen you can also begin a conversation with any of your contacts by pressing the "Expand" button at the bottom of the screen and selecting "Start chat".Was this step helpful?
2Contacts Screen. The contacts screen lists any of your current WeChat contacts alphabetically. You can tap a contact to open up the details page and from here you can tap the "Expand" button for further options like messaging the contact, renaming the contact, blocking and deleting the contact, sharing the contact or changing your moments option. (Choose whether you will see the contacts moments and whether the contact is able to see your moments.)Was this step helpful?
3Discover Screen. This is where the bulk of WeChat features are available. WeChat focuses heavily on social interaction and making new friends, all of which will begin from this screen.
&Shake. Shake is a social feature that connects you to other WeChat users by shaking your phone. When using this feature, simply shake your phone to make contact with another random user who is also shaking their phone. From here you can begin a chat and you will also have the option to add these users as contacts.
Scan QR Code. WeChat users can generate QR codes (a type of barcode image) so that you can easily add them as a contact. This feature will access your camera which you can use to scan a QR code on another phone, a computer, etc. to add a contact.
Moments. Moments are the social networking heart of WeChat and can be compared to status updates on Facebook or Twitter. Here you can post photos or short updates for your contacts to see, comment on and like. Naturally you will also see and be able to interact with your contacts moments from this feature as well.
People Nearby. This is a feature similar to shaking that uses your location data to find WeChat users near you. If you have not allowed WeChat to use your location, you will be prompted again when opening this feature. WeChat will display a list of all users who are nearby and you can view their moments and basic contact information as well as beginning a chat with them. If accepted by the user you can also add them as contacts.
Add Contacts. Here you can add new contacts in the more traditional method using their WeChat ID, by scanning your phone contacts or by searching official accounts for celebrities and businesses.
Drift Bottle. This is another unique feature of WeChat. Drift bottle lets you leave a voice or text message in a virtual bottle, which is then available for other random users to find and reply to by using the drift bottle feature. You can also find other users bottles in here and reply to them.Was this step helpful?
4The Settings Menu. From any of the main screens you can press the "Expand" button at the bottom of the screen to bring up the settings menu. From here you will have general configuration options as shown below.
&Editing Your Profile. By clicking the "Edit" button at the top of this menu, you will have the option to edit your profile picture as well as your personal details like your name, gender and location. You can also generate your own QR code to share with your friends from here.
My Posts. Here is another way to view your moments.
My Account. Here you can create a WeChat account for future use (logging in on different devices won't require sign up using your phone number) as well as linking your Facebook to WeChat.
General. Here you can change the way WeChat notifies you of messages and turning sounds and vibration on or off. The main language settings can also be changed here.
Features. This is a very useful setting that allows you to use features on or off. Don't want to use a feature like People Nearby? Simply turn it off from this menu and it won't appear on your discover screen until re-enabled.
Privacy. Privacy lets you choose whether people can find you by phone number and WeChat ID as well as enabling or disabling location services. You can also change your Moments settings here so that they are no longer public.
Feedback. Select this option to provide feedback to the WeChat developers.
More. There are some extra options here that will let you rate WeChat in the store and visit their social network pages. This is also the menu where you can change your default WeChat background.Was this step helpful?
The features of WeChat really begin to stand out once you are inside the messaging screen. When messaging with a contact you have the option of sending regular text messages as well as the unique and very useful voice messages. This feature lets you simply hold a button to record a voice message, which is sent directly to your contact. Read on below for screen shots and an explanation of each feature.
Was this helpful?
1Switch between voice and text messaging.Was this step helpful?
2Compose your text message or hold to record a voice message. A voice message is automatically sent when you release hold.Was this step helpful?
3Smileys. Here you can send simple emoticons or animated smileys.Was this step helpful?
4Extras. This is where you can send photos, snap a new photo with your camera, add location for the other user to see, make a video call, share your contact card or activate walkie talkie mode. Walkie talkie mode is a simple way to send voice messages. Instead of seeing the usual chat interface, you will just have a single button to send messages and you will hear your contacts messages automatically as they send them. Was this step helpful?
Advertisement
From the above it becomes obvious that WeChat is one of the most full featured and robust messaging apps out there. There are also dangers in using an application like this, especially for teenagers.
If you have a teenager who is using WeChat, talk to them about disabling the social features and making their moments private. WeChat is a great way to find new friends, but can also open up users to other predatory or harmful users.
Never give out personal information over WeChat to contacts who you don't know and trust outside of the application.
WeChat can be a very battery intensive application. Turn location services off if you are not using them and make sure you are backing out of the app rather than going straight to your start screen. You will still receive notifications when the app is closed.
Make sure WeChat is pinned to your start screen if you want to receive notifications while outside of the app.
I installed we chat and every day a new contact is added automatically who are not in my Facebook or phone book how is it happening?
Yes, this is an issue that people who use this application face and this can be helped. Go to your settings in your application and disable the following options:
Friend Confirmation
Add friend feature
Those features will automatically add a person when you reply to them on your application
Also you can refer to this link so that you will be able to use the application without having contacts automatically added to your contacts list:
I've setup wechat on my Laptop running Windows 8 using BlueStacks. The problem is the Laptop can dial a number (voice or video) but the other party is not ringing at all. If the other party call, the call would just be disconnected on the Laptop
Was this helpful?
It is possible that it is your internet connection's fault why it is not pushing through. I have used Wechat on BlueStacks using Windows 8 and it works great. Try re-installing the app and make sure that the connection is stable enough to make a call.
Was this helpful?
See more questions like this:
Texting androids or nonsmart phones
We chat is best used among devices with the same app in it.
At this time, sending messages to non smart phones is not possible.
You can use other apps like Skype to be able to send regular messages to non smartphones.
That will require you however to add in some credit to your account.
You didn't put any word here. Is it that obvious? Please say something at the least.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Friends from shake it option how can I add that friend
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
We Chat started to switch itself of (I think, this happens, if the signal of UMTS is poor) and after repeatedly happened, the phone freezes completely. Only solution: switch off and start again.
See more questions like this:
I don't want messages from some of my friends, so how do I block them?
I cannot call in BlueStacks with Wechat. any solution?
I am having reliance modem and Windows 8 installed laptop....I am using wechat in my Laptop... now I cannot able to make voice/video call by using lap.... please help....
I cannot send voice message nor hear the voice message of friends too
I downloaded we chat. now how do I use it to call
Can you help answer my question
If you have problems with any of these steps,
for more help, or
section below.
BatkingnzPremier Author
72 Articles Started
566 Article Edits
18,500 Points
Batkingnz is a premier author with VisiHow. Batkingnz has achieved the level of "Gunnery Sergeant" with 18,500 points. Batkingnz has started 72 articles and made 566 article edits. 476,938 people have read Batkingnz's article contributions.
Ask Batkingnz
Batkingnz:
Hi, my name is Batkingnz.
Batkingnz:
Can I help you with your problem about "Use Wechat for Free Text and Voice Messaging on Windows Phone 8"?
Share this Article:
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 14,413 times.
Related Articles
Meet a Community Member
Meet , She is a stormchaser, photojournalist, and foodie who is into cookie, eclectic crafts and pop culture. I enjoy hiking, exploring old and haunted buildings, swimming and camping with my fireman spouse. Watching and making movies is my passion. Among her best articles are: ; ; and
Follow Us On...
Explore Categories
All text shared under a
Thank Our Volunteer Authors.
Would you like to give back to the community by fixing a spelling mistake?
OR become an author
Loading a new article...114网址导航New AT&T Passport Plan For International Travel - One Mile at a Time
Ben Schlappig (aka Lucky) is a travel consultant, blogger, and avid points collector. He travels about 400,000 miles a year, primarily using miles and points to fund his first class experiences. He chronicles his adventures, along with industry news, here at One Mile At A Time.
NEW TO MILES AND POINTS?
Stay connected via social media, or subscribe to our free daily email newsletter for tips on upgrading your travel and maximizing your miles!

我要回帖

更多关于 friends 的文章

随机推荐