the secret秘密 of the s...

LATEST NEWS
The Museum of the Occult is a brand-new feature that allows you to collect, display, and customize...
It&s time to take advantage of an epic deal on Funcom Points!
Starting today and lasting...
Hey, folks!
I&m Andy &Odonoptera& Benditt, your Community Manager, and...
SOCIAL MEDIA
Javascript is required to see the last tweet
Keep yourself up-to-date on The Secret World.
I’ve read and agree to the
social mediaUnveiling the secrets of Elizabeth II’s wardrobe
One of Elizabeth II’s royal robes is prepared for the exhibition. [Photo/IC]
Fashion exhibitions are common in a culturally concentrated metropolitan area like London, but this one is distinctly different: it puts Queen Elizabeth II in the spotlight.
The exhibit, Fashioning a Reign: 90 Years of Style from The Queen's Wardrobe, was unveiled at Thursday’s summer opening of Buckingham Palace. Staged to celebrate the queen’s 90th birthday, the show features 150 dresses and fashion accessories she’s worn, including childhood outfits and her wedding dress.
Previous Page
Related Stories
Most Popular小题1:crying小题2:special/unusual小题3:instead of小题4:laughed小题5:support试题分析:这篇短文讲述的是我们如何做一个好朋友,作者给了我们一些建议。如和朋友一起笑,一起哭;送给朋友一个有创意的礼物;当朋友遇到问题的时候,站在他的旁边支持他等。小题1:根据短文第二段中Laughing with a friend is the best, but sometimes it’s crying that brings you closer together.可知,和朋友一起笑是最好的,但是有时候和朋友一起哭会使你们的距离更近。由此我们可知,笑和哭都可以拉近和朋友的距离。故填crying。小题2:根据短文第三段中Gift-giving isn’t just for birthdays or holidays—it can be a fun way of making your friends feel special可知,在生日或节日的时候送礼物,这样可以使你的朋友感觉很特别。根据这句话我们可知,这个空应该填special。另外,unusual 也有特别的意思,在这里也可以。小题3:根据短文第三段中But don’t buy expensive presents可知,作者建议我们不要去买昂贵的礼物,自己去制作一些小礼物。instead of 是一个固定的短语,意思是代替,而不是,后跟名词或动名词形式。小题4:根据短文最后一段中It’s hard to watch someone laugh at a friend. But don’t just stand there, do something about it! You can find a creative way to solve the problem可知,当朋友被嘲笑的时候,不要只是站在那儿,要做一些事情,想一些有创意的方法来解决它。根据句意可知,这里使用的是被动语态,故填laughed。小题5:根据短文最后一段中Other times, you need to show your courage and support him可知,有的时候,你需要展示出你的勇气,去支持你的朋友。根据这句话可知填support。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
来源:不详
题型:写作题
书面表达(共1题,满分10分)俗话说得好:“美不美故乡水,亲不亲故乡人”。假如你是小明,家住古城黄州。黄州位于湖北省东部,大别山南麓,长江中游北岸,是黄冈市政治、经济、文化中心、与鄂州市隔江相望,距武汉市仅1个小时车程。总人口38万人,版图面积353平方公里。城区内有东坡赤壁、遗爱湖、禹王城、安国寺、青云塔等名胜古迹。请根据以上信息,以My Hometown为题写一篇不少于80词的英语文章。&&&&
题型:写作题
我们的生活是丰富多彩的,美好的生活一定需要很多。请以“Our life needs_____”为题写一篇英语短文,并根据自己确定的主题,从至少三个方面进行表达。要求:1.先把题目补充完整(空格处可以是单词、短语,也可以是从句)。2.文中不得出现真实姓名及学校等信息。3.词数80左右。
题型:完形填空
Our eyes are very important. But many of us pay little attention to the importance of eye care. It is said that if you take care of your body, then you can surely be healthy. That is why our eyes should be given a lot of care. &&&&&小题1:&&&&.There are several causes leading to your poor eyesight. Like Televisions, computers and reading. Something dirty can cause redness (红肿) and they will make you feel uncomfortable. If this happens, the best way is to clean your eyes by using cold water. &&&&小题2:&&&. For example, wearing sunglasses can serve as a great way to protect your eyesight from UV rays (紫外线) in the strong sunlight.Some foods will do good to your eyesight. Remember that vitamins A, C and E are good for eyes. Try to eat food groups that have these vitamins. &&&&&小题3:&&&. If a person exercises regularly and eats the right kind of food, his eyes will stay in good condition for a long time.All above are natural ways of eye care that help us keep healthy eyes. &&&&&小题4:&&&&. In a word, eye care is very important, no matter how old a person is.A. You must also try your best to protect your eyes
from harmful thingsB. Being happy all the time can be helpful to a
person’s eyesight, tooC. And you should do eye exercises
because exercise protects your eyesight, tooD. Naturally eye care should be put in a number one
Would you like to have an electric car? Do you know this kind of quiet and clean cars run on electricity(电)?In the future, more and more people will have cars, so the cars will be in great need. But the oil won’t keep up with the number of cars on the road. So the price of oil will go up.Electric cars aren’t perfect just yet. It can take eight hours to charge(充电) a car for only 100 miles of driving. How far that car travels depends on the weather and traffic.Price is a problem, too. Electric cars cost much more than cars using oil. The good news is that electric-car technology(技术) is getting better. As it does, the prices of this kind of cars are going down.To charge the car, the US Department of Energy is paying for at least 10,000 charging stations around the country. And it will cost about three dollars for each charge.Now carmakers are looking for other ways to make the car cheaper. Then more people will use electric cars, and we’ll have a clean and nice world in the future.小题1: Why will the cars be in great need in the future?小题2: How long does it take to charge an electric car for only 100 miles of driving?小题3: Are electric cars cheaper than cars using oil at present?小题4: How much should people pay for each charge?小题5:What will the world be like if most people use electric cars?
Learn to relax. Overwork is the main reason why so many students feel tired and stressed. Cut down some of the jobs you need to do each day so that you can only focus on the most important things. Leave time for activities that are relaxing and fun. This might mean reading a good book, listening to the music, going for a walk or taking a relaxing bath.Get a good night’s sleep. Getting enough sleep will help you keep your body and mind in the best form. If you stay up late and need to get up early for school the next day, you may not be able to concentrate on the things you need to do.Exercise regularly and eat well. Don’t rush through your meals. Eat less junk food or fast food. Eat healthy food instead.Get to know pleasant people. Some people are optimistic, while others not. Choose optimistic people as your friends and spend more time with them and you’ll be as happy as them.Learn to be calm when you face any problem. Find out the best option from those that are in your mind. Knowing that you are able to solve problems is a good way to build up your self-confidence.Have a happy attitude. Your attitude decides the way you see things. Is your cup half full or half empty? Learn to think more positively(积极地) about the difficulties you face.How to reduce stress★ 小题1:______ yourself by cutting down your
jobs and taking part in activities.★ Getting enough sleep
will help you 小题2:_______ on the things you need to do.★ Exercise regularly, eat
well and choose 58_______ people as your friends.★ It is a good way to keep
小题3:________ when you face any problem.★ Keep an active 小题4:______
to the difficulties you face.&
Chris is not a traditional explorer(探险者)- he usually works in an office for a large organization. Yet his job can sometimes be just as exciting and dangerous as being an explorer.Chris works for MSF, an organization also known as Doctors Without Borders (无国界医生). MSF sends trained doctors all over the world to help people after a war or a disaster. Chris is a doctor from France who has travelled to many places to organize programmes that help people.At the moment, there are over 27,000 trained medical staff taking part in MSF projects and tasks. The organization received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1999. All kinds of doctors can volunteer for MSF. They need to be prepared to go almost anywhere in the world and, of course, they should expect difficult conditions. Doctors with experience in tropical(热带的)diseases are especially useful because most of MSF’s work is in Africa. When MSF accepts a doctor for a task, he has to go for at least six months. When doctors have completed a few tasks, they might be sent on an emergency task following a disaster, such as an earthquake.But why would a doctor leave a comfortable life and a good salary to join MSF? According to Chris, the experience you gain is a great help in your career. Besides, just like the explorers of the past, you need to keep an open mind and learn to mix well with the people you meet. Most importantly, at the end of each task, you have made a real difference to people’s lives.小题1:Does Chris work for a large organization?小题2:When does MSF send trained doctors all over the world to help people?小题3:How many medical staff are taking part in MSF projects and tasks?小题4:What kind of doctors are greatly needed in Africa?小题5:According to Chris, why is his work important to other people?小题6:Why is an MSF doctor’s job exciting and dangerous?
That year I went to the college. On the first day of the term, I was so s小题1:&that an old lady sat next to me. She was very old, but she looked very a&小题2: &&.“Why are you in college at such an a&小题3:, Rose?” I asked her. “I’m here to meet a rich husband, get married, have several children and t&小题4: &&,” she answered jokingly. I was interested in what has made her take on this challenge (挑战) at her age. “In fact, I always dreamed of having a college education and now I’m getting o小题5: &.” she told me. Later, we became friends.At the end of the term, she gave a talk to our class. I’ll never forget what she said. She cleared her throat (嗓子) and b小题6: &, “We do not stop w&&小题7: && we grow old because we stop. Do you hope to stay young, be happy, and become s小题8: &? Do you have a dream? I had a dream of going to college. It almost took me all my lifetime, but h小题9: &&I am. Never lose your dreams and never give up.” We were all moved by Rose’s words. And I still remember her words in all my life, so I continue my dreams and try my best to a&小题10: &them.
阅读排序。阅读下列各句,根据其内容重新排列所有句子的顺序,使其构成意义完整正确、逻辑顺序合理的语篇,并将代表句子或语段的字母填写在答题卷相应的序号(6-10)的位置上。(共5小题,每小题1分;计5分)Many years ago, there was a king(国王). He liked to write stories, but his stories were not good.After reading them, the writer turned to the soldiers at once and said: “ Take me back to prison, please.”小题1:_________ 小题2:__________ 小题3:__________小题4:___________ 小题5:___________
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!to add this item to your wishlist, follow it, or mark it as not interested
Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA
Languages:
Full Audio
Title: May’s Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 13 Jun, 2012
Buy May’s Mysteries: The Secret of Dragonville
About This Game
Please Note: This is not a 'new release' but a first release on Steam. The original PC version of May's Mysteries was available in 2012 but was never released on Steam, this is the Steam release of that same game.
May's Mysteries: The Secret Of Dragonville is an exciting puzzle adventure. Follow May, an intelligent and charismatic girl, in her quest to find her missing brother. Advance through the adventure by solving over 270 logic puzzles, tricky rhythmic games and hand drawn hidden object scenes. Search for clues about May's brother, visit mysterious locations and meet interesting characters along the way, which will help you in your journey.
Features:
Over 270 mini-games: 230 logic puzzles, 25 hidden object games and 13 rhythmic games
Intriguing storyline adventure with 80 locations
Travel through 4 intriguing worlds, visit mysterious locations and discover well kept secrets
Charming hand-drawn graphics
Meet curious characters along the way who can help you in your journey
8 music themes
Experience the story through unexpected upheavals and enjoy 7 minutes of hand drawn animated cut scenes.
Over 25 hours of gameplay
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 1.5 GHz
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: OpenGL compatible
Storage: 500 MB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible.
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
(52 reviews)
i did spend my time with it and i quess it was satisfying and fun but there is a lot of downsides aswell as some good things about this game. im not gonna go in debt but if you like a puzzle game i quess this is a potential buy for you. its a bit like buying a puzzle book so if you like those i quess this is something for you. No achievement :(
Don't buy it unless it's on sale. The puzzles got only one answer and don't allow alternative answers so you have to search for the walkthrough. The puzzles are repetitive, so I can't say it's fun nor challenging.
The game often poorly explains itself, which makes some puzzles very hard to solve. As well as this, bugs make this game hard to play, as i wasn't even able to see what i was typing at one point. I would not reccomend this
So, this is a nifty little puzzle game. The puzzles are generally not too tough, but can still stretch you a bit. The hint system is forgiving, but without taking away your incentive to solve puzzles without it. The bonus puzzles provide a flexible alternative way to progress. The plot's pretty simplistic so far, but that's not too much of a drawback, so all in all I'dWHOAHSUDDENLY, RACISMRACISM ALL OVER MY SCREENRACISM SPEWING FROM THE SWEET, INNOCENT PUZZLE GAMEWHAT HAPPENED, MY FRIEND?Maybe I'll come back to it later and try to put things in perspective, but right now, I'm really not impressed. Two Wakongas out of ten.
Being a fan of Professor Layton games, I was quite excited to try this game, and despite all my efforts on the contrary, it didn't take much time before I realized this is in no way close to Layton's games.Pros & Cons:+ Cute graphics+ Characters and story are interesting and well-developed enough for this kind of game+ Soundtrack is great+ A few of the puzzles are good± Looks like a straight-out rip-off of Layton games± Could be a nice gateway game for new puzzle fans± Has a very forgiving hint system- Most puzzles are too easy, have poor instructions leading to ambiguity, have terrible interface, don't accept other right answers, or any combination of the aforementioned (and that's what REALLY ruins the game)- Sometimes you're forced to go back and forth on fetch quests and the navigation is just lame- Focus too much on the quantity, and not on the quality of puzzles- No explanation on solved puzzlesThat said, I had this game on my library, probably from a bundle, and had I known, I wouldn't even try it for free. It could work if you're trying to make your child enjoy puzzles, preferably with you by their side to explain stuff, correct some puzzles and so on. Yes, I can imagine this game as a nice parent-child experience, but nothing else.
If you're looking for slightly cut rate Professor Layton, the story of two murderous children will fit the bill.
This game is load with puzzles and style but is a bit rough around the edges.
Do you want a Professor Layton clone?Can it be worst than the actual game?Is $10.99 CDN just burning a hole in your wallet?Then grab this game.Pro:OK puzzlesFamily friendlyLow system specSteam cardsFair amount of contentCon:Plot holesPuzzle difficulty varies Hit system is not that goodWording is at times badOverpricedOverall:5/10 +1 cards, +1 amount of content, -1 hint system, -1 price, -1 bad puzzles = 4/10Get when on sale for 75% + off.
Ugh, I had a really hard time finishing this game because of all the bugs. Some puzzles won't be accepted even though the right solution was entered, the game would frequently crash (tested on several machines) or no longer react to mouse clicks, switching to fullscreen or back would often hide the lower part of the interface, making the puzzle no longer completable, etc. Many puzzles were surprisingly difficult (much harder than in other hidden object/puzzle games) and as I said, some even not solvable. The story is confusing and not really engaging and the graphic style is also not very appealing. And since the game goes on and on forever, throwing always the same stupid puzzles at you, I found it hard to be interested in actually finishing it (which I ultimately did though).
The game would probably be nice, if it wouldn't so often force you to wait. Wait while you see the animation that shows you if you are right or not. Wait when it loads a puzzle, etc...The voice acting, what little there seems to be, is nothing great either.With some clean-up (either redo the voices or remove them, allow skipping of all sequences) it might be worth another try.As is, I found it too annoying having to wait until I could retry the puzzle again.
The game is locked at a non-standard resolution, cannot go windowed mode, and the devs have not responded to anyone's issues on the forum.
This game will be unplayable on some people's machines due to this.
Be careful when purchasing.Edit: Testing the game again on a newer computer.
Still a non-standard resolution that some computers will have trouble displaying, but it actually does go windowed mode on this machine (the option was greyed out on the original comptuer).
Still no word from devs on the forums, so caution is still recommended.
Was this review helpful?
Cheap Professor Layton clone. (areas feel the same, p you can tell which ones aren't ripped from Professor Layton because they're the ones that are boring/easy)If you have played the Professor Layton games and you enjoy them, then I would advise that you don't buy this.The puzzles are easy, and the game shows little innovation or changes to the game that it tries to immitate.Not only that but some of the puzzles are incompletable without the use of hints, purely because they were poorly thought out. For example, a few puzzles in the game require that you look at the puzzle description for the answer (i.e. the answer is
a sequence of letters in the puzzle description). This make as all the information that you require to solve the puzzle should be given through clues (i.e a riddle provides you with all the clues to deduce the answer) or hidden in the puzzle area.For ?3.49 I still feel that I purchased a game that could've been better, had the developer taken some more time to improve on Professor Layton instead of attempting to copy Professor Layton.3/10
Was this review helpful?
A great little break from the majority of brainless gameplay you see in most games. This game is made up of puzzles, which can range from incredibly easy, to game breaking (need of guides) hard. The music they've decided to use quickly becomes stale, which is easily corrected by using music players (ergo Spotify) with ambient tunes that help you think. I don't mind doing this but some people might.There's not much going for the story other than finding Tery, and the plot quickly becomes more odd as the game progresses. However there were enough twists to keep me occupied, and it was only after I finished the game that I realised the the main character, 'May Stery', sounds like 'Mystery'. I'm that thick.The main story has 100-somewhere main puzzles to completed, which excludes the 100 additional bonus puzzles, which I will probably never do. I am slow so most people will take half the time I did to finish the game. Many of the puzzles are similar to puzzles you already know, eg 'How do I move everyone across the river but I can't leave these people together because they don't like each other?' So you may know the answers to some puzzles off the bat.I haven't played many puzzle games before so I don't really know what to base this off.Also, May's voice is adorable.Also, ???? THOSE RHYTHM PUZZLES, THEY ARE SO DIFFICULT
Was this review helpful?
Being a fan of Professor Layton games, I was quite excited to try this game, and despite all my efforts on the contrary, it didn't take much time before I realized this is in no way close to Layton's games.Pros & Cons:+ Cute graphics+ Characters and story are interesting and well-developed enough for this kind of game+ Soundtrack is great+ A few of the puzzles are good± Looks like a straight-out rip-off of Layton games± Could be a nice gateway game for new puzzle fans± Has a very forgiving hint system- Most puzzles are too easy, have poor instructions leading to ambiguity, have terrible interface, don't accept other right answers, or any combination of the aforementioned (and that's what REALLY ruins the game)- Sometimes you're forced to go back and forth on fetch quests and the navigation is just lame- Focus too much on the quantity, and not on the quality of puzzles- No explanation on solved puzzlesThat said, I had this game on my library, probably from a bundle, and had I known, I wouldn't even try it for free. It could work if you're trying to make your child enjoy puzzles, preferably with you by their side to explain stuff, correct some puzzles and so on. Yes, I can imagine this game as a nice parent-child experience, but nothing else.
Was this review helpful?
About 15-20 hours to play thru. 250 min-puzzles.
About 25% are brain teasers of worth.
It's not a brutal game - but if I have to choose thumbs up/down, I have to choose down.
It's borderline OK.Why
I gave it a thumbs down.
Too many &slider& and &Hidden Picture&- 100 of them representing 40% of the total puzzles.
The hints tokens are easy to come by.
The hints are almost always useless.
I used them to bypass the rhythm games.
Rythym games - I hated them (20 of them).
Within the 25% good puzzles a number have multiple valid answers but game only recognizes one.
Wording in 25% good puzzles at times can be interpreted in multiple ways (ambiguous)
No achievements
The good :
I liked the story - was well done - short spurts of story line rather than long cut scenes.
Hidden object was good and there were a reasonable number of them.
About 5% of the puzzles were very good brain teasers.
If the game could have done more of these it would have been better.
Got it in a bundle where entire bundle was a couple of bucks.
Gme has cards.
Conclusion:
Not worth the listed price.
If you get it in a bundle I suppose it's OK to kill a few hours
Was this review helpful?
A BLATANT Professor Layton rip-off, right down to the look and sound... but that's fine with me!
The puzzles seem varied enough to keep me playing, though it seems to be over-generous with the hint tokens awarded.
It is missing some little details that Layton has, such as giving a little explanation of the puzzles when finishing or retrying them.All in all, is a decent clone and if you are looking for more of the same then this will not disappoint.
Was this review helpful?
Do you want a Professor Layton clone?Can it be worst than the actual game?Is $10.99 CDN just burning a hole in your wallet?Then grab this game.Pro:OK puzzlesFamily friendlyLow system specSteam cardsFair amount of contentCon:Plot holesPuzzle difficulty varies Hit system is not that goodWording is at times badOverpricedOverall:5/10 +1 cards, +1 amount of content, -1 hint system, -1 price, -1 bad puzzles = 4/10Get when on sale for 75% + off.
Was this review helpful?
With the popularity of Nintendo's Professor Layton series, it is expected that other will try to copy the formula.
Wanting to get into it, software maker V5 decided to make their first game in the same style.
While their software programs are great products, their first video game leaves something to be desired.While the game tries to make the game seem logical through a story, it is a weak one at best.
The art style clearly point towards a kid's appeal with simple design and button eyes.
However, as various point, the story feels like it is really for adults.
One part asks the player to give medication to make someone fall unconscious.
Such questionable material should not be in a game that would be appealing for kids.
Even when it the game is squarely in the children area, walking fishwomen and birdmen just keeps the story from getting even slightly believable.
With the game's bipolar story, it makes you wonder if the story was written by one person or by committee.At the heart of the game, the puzzles also feel as juvenile as the story.
Most of the puzzles have such a dated feel, they seem like something that came from an old puzzle book.
Such a dated feeling make it that only kids will not have heard at least a variation to the puzzle.
Even if the player cannot figure out the puzzle, the hints make it so easy, they all but say &This is the answer.&
It is one thing to make an easy game, but to make it that thinking is not required for a puzzle game defeats the purpose of a puzzle game.
When making a puzzle game, being able to solve it using your own brain and logic makes it a rewarding experience.
Without it, it is not worth playing at all.One thing that they try to do to mix things up is adding music levels into the mix.
Just like the puzzles, the music is also lacking in appeal or personality.
Every song has a simple pattern, many of which sound like they could be from a single-tone like a foghorn or whistle.
As for playing the songs, the player simply has to repeat the pattern of the music.
Once again, unlike other games like Rock Band or Dance Dance Revolution, it does not take much skill to do enough to clear a song.
Additionally, if the player does enough to reach the quota, then they can just let the song run without doing anything else to finish.
Since they put seemingly no sought towards the music, it hardly worth having them in there in the first place.Despite their efforts to be original, the game ends up being a poor man’s Professor Layton.
Even for those areas that are different, they just feel like bad versions of other, better games.
Even with the questionable story, the game has a childlike feel, and children are the ones that will clearly like this game.
For everybody whose age is in double digits, they are better places to look.
Was this review helpful?
This game has one mayor problem: no resolution options. This results in some puzzles being harder to do (like finding hidden objects) but it doesn't make the game unplayable. Due to this technical problem this might not be a recommendationa at full price. However, the game itself is pretty decent. The gameplay is good, puzzles are varied and there are plenty of them. The story is surprisingly reasonable and ties in nicely with puzzle solving. Characters you meet are colorful and well drawn, same as the locations.Overall the game is decent, even with the resolution problem. I had a lot of fun with it but I did get it at a discount so I would definitely recommend it at a lower price point. At full price it is up to you to decide if you want to get this game
Was this review helpful?
As many of the other commenters have said, this is a game that aspires to be a Professor Layton game. Except, of course, there are a number of giant flaws that make the game completely unpalatable, unlike Professor Layton.1. Puzzles are rather easy for the first three chapters (&Find the gigantic name scrawled on the wall and input it into the answer box.&) and suddenly spike up to &lots of brute force required&-difficulty (&Which of these four hands of cards has the best chance of winning a game of Variant Poker?&) during the last chapter. It's as if the developers had no idea who their target audience would be, so they just mashed up a bunch of random puzzles and riddles and called it a game.2. Puzzles are ambiguously worded in many cases (The bug spray can't be &next to& the bugs? Is that &orthogonally& or &orthogonally and diagonally&?), thus making it impossible to determine which solution was intended. In some cases, multiple solutions are accepted, but in others, they are not.3. The rhythm &puzzles&. The game asks you to repeat the rhythm of a certain tune it plays. That's it. No puzzle elements in it whatsoever, so I'm really not sure what it's doing here. If I wanted a rhythm game, I would have bought a rhythm game, not a puzzle game. On this note [pun not intended], the tune always plays twice, save for one exception right in the middle of the game, which only plays once. This is unnecessarily annoying and time-consuming in the first instance, and disorienting in the second.4. Completely unbalanced hint system. Either the hint system is useless (in that the information it gives you is information you already know), or that it gives you information you yourself couldn't work out (which defeats the whole purpose of a puzzle). In namely, a puzzle asking you to count the number of mate-in- the hint itself gives completely false information (a king moving out the path of a rook can only give discovered check in six ways, not seven).5. No explanations for your answer's truth value. It only tells you whether your answer is right or wrong. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem. However, given the problems noted above, this just makes the game ridiculously unplayable, and turns the game into one of &Guess what the person who made this puzzle was thinking when he came up with an incorrect answer which we won't hint at!&6. The puzzle resets itself if you get it incorrect (which, during the last few chapters, is practically inevitable). You got it incorrect due to a slightly misplaced piece? Have fun placing them back in.7. Sliding puzzles. There are at least 40 of them in the game. However, as far as I dare to check, they are all of the same size (3x3), and there is a trivial method for solving sliding puzzles, making these pure timewasters.8. Plot holes everywhere. What happened to the balloonist? Did Lukatello make it out alive? Is Doyle really completely incompetent at this whole &keeping one's intentions secret&, and is May TRULY so stupid that she doesn't suspect a thing until Doyle meets Uter (yet is apparently intelligent enough to be able to solve brute-force 4-piece dissection puzzles in her head)?! How do we even know that that person IS Uter (and not one of Uter's lackeys), and that Doyle isn't merely Uter in disguise?!The key difference between this &puzzle game& and any game from the Professor Layton series is that this game seems to want to be at odds with puzzle-solving immersion, as if the creators of the game hated puzzles with all their fortunes and wanted to intentionally ruin peoples' puzzle-solving experiences while raking in money for a garbage product.All in all, it is an absolutely horrible game with no respect whatsoever for the player's time. Your ?6.99 would be far better spent on, say, Braid, QUBE, or S where the creator has actually test-solved all the puzzles and verified that they aren't completely outrageously impossible or broken. Don't even bother getting this game unless it's to verify my observations, I wouldn't even take it for free.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 the secret秘密 的文章

随机推荐