rocky 主题曲mountain path...

stfualexis (dot) com
It's been a long while, friends, and for that I am sorry. Life has been full of lots of the usual ups & downs, but not much adventure. I need to get out more because it makes me so much happier. M has been in school these past two months. He hasn't had any time to adventure with me. Soon we'll be able to get out again!
In the meanwhile... On Monday I decided to forsake my growing list of responsibilities and head out on a trip. Anton was more than happy to accompany me out to Bainbridge Island to see the new Starbucks that recently opened there. We stopped at my favorite places - Bon Bon, the Waterfront - and found some new favorites - the Madison Diner. We made it back onto the ferry just in time to catch the sunset reflecting off of the Seattle skyline.
It was a lovely day!
Keith, my good friend & owner of &- Seattle's only cookie delivery service - was kind enough to invite me into his kitchen today for a peek behind the scenes at the baking process.
Treatbox delivers cookies all over Seattle. You can order a dozen (or more!) of any of their delicious flavors for yourself or a friend and have them hand delivered as quickly as the next day! With new, delicious flavors for every season and the convenience of delivery, Treatbox is as good as it gets. You can check out the flavor lineup and order yourself some treats at . &You can also check them out on Instagram&@seattlecookiedelivery or on Facebook&.
Baking and Photography both require some good tunes. Death Cab For Cutie is always good for an overcast Seattle day
First things first, get that oven warmed up!
Lots of cookies need lots of butter!
Lots and Lots of butter!
Also, lots of eggs.
Our handsome host and baker extraordinaire!
and sugar.
and brown sugar, too!
Add some butter and salt, then it's time to start mixing.
Whisking up the flour and baking soda.
Time for some flour.
Cracking open some eggs.
Arguably the most important part - chocolate chips!
Everything goes into the mixer.
Out of the mixer and looking delicious.
Time to scoop those cookies, Keith!
Readying the oatmeal raisin cookie ingredients.
Post mixing, Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough!
Peanut Butter cookie dough! Yum!
Most of the prep work we did today went straight into the fridge to be baked later.
But Keith made a special batch of Sea Salt Chocolate Chip just for me!
Adding the salt.
Perfect. and DELICIOUS!!
&I am one lucky lady to have a pastry chef for a friend. Thanks again, Keith, for showing me how it's done and sending me home with some seriously yummy cookies to snack on!
Yesterday, Z and I had plans to go hiking after work. I picked a hike that was supposed to be short and relatively easy - Tiger Mountain #3. Apparently, I didn't actually read the description. What was supposed to be a five mile hike turned into eight miles... four of which were ALL UPHILL. My poor legs/lungs/heart! It was a good time though. One of those hikes that makes you feel good about yourself when you make it to the top.&
AT & I work in the same store which makes coordinating our days off challenging. We've been talking about requesting a day off together to hike Snow Lake for a while now. Discovering we had a day off together this week was a pleasant surprise. Especially since M was off as well!
Snow Lake is about an hour and twenty minutes away from Seattle in Snoqualmie Pass, just off Route 90 East. The Washington Trails Association has it listed as a 6.5 mile hike, but both my Jawbone Up band & "MapMyTracks" clocked it at just over 8 miles. I broke my 7.5 mile goal without even intending to! Yay!
The hike is relatively steep and sparsely covered, so I would recommend going on a cooler day. The ground cover is mostly loose rock which is a bit tough to walk on, especially without proper hiking shoes. The views of the surrounding mountains are stunning as you get higher up. After an exhausting ~3.5 miles to the crest you can see the lake below - a glittering gem amongst the rocks and greenery. A quick jaunt down into the basin brings you to the lake shores where you can rest on the rocks and take in the view. And what a view it is! Crystal blue water, peaks rising around the the sides... Simply gorgeous.&
We were lucky that we were able to go on a weekday. The trail was relatively busy for a wednesday. I imagine it gets pretty crowded on the weekend.&
I am glad we were able to take this hike! Perhaps by this time next year I'll have reached my goals and will be able to camp there.
Snow Lake.
Wooden steps built to save the path by the WTA.
Moss growing in the cracks of rocks.
A rocky mountain path reminiscent of Skyrim.
Amazing boulder formations on the trail.
The forest spreading out for miles.
Nearby mountains with patches of snow.
M enjoying the view.&
Snow Lake from above.&
The remnants of an abandoned stone fireplace.
A rocky waterfall surrounded by forest.
Driftwood floating in Snow Lake.
AT enjoying the view of the surrounding mountains.
DSLR selfie in front of Snow Lake.
Matthew testing the water temperature of Snow Lake with his hand.
Me - Alexis - posing on a rock in front of snow lake. Taken by M.
Snow Lake, surrounded by mountains.
A clearing with a pond in a wooded area.
Interesting fracture patterns in rocks.
Loose rock covering a mountain slope.
Close up of moss growing on rocks.
A warped, termite eaten tree stump.
MapMyTracks screenshot.
Subscribe to:
Popular Posts
Like most working couples Matthew and I don't often get a day off together, and two days off... well, that's virtually unheard of...
Santa Fe, NM
February 9, 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico came high so we couldn't miss it! It was a bit out of the...
A new age has dawned for me: 25. I am now a quarter of a century old. Oh my goodness! In the past i've viewed birthdays as kind of a dow...
Santa Monica Pier, CA
February 12, 2013
Matthew &I wanted to take the Pacific Coast Highway for at least part of the journey throug...
Instagram:Who We AreResearchLooking for Degrees?
Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational & Environmental Health (RMCOEH) & The Division of Occupational & Environmental Health
The Rocky Mountain Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (RMCOEH) serves as a National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health-supported education and research center, serving HHS Region 8 (which includes Utah, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, and Colorado).
Our center is dedicated to protecting workers and their environment through interdisciplinary education, research, and service.
Learn more about our
resources to protect workers.
to , our Residency Director of Occupational Medicine, as he discusses "what Occupational Medicine is, how the field is experiencing substantial growth, and 'the breadth of opportunity you have for influencing people's lives' in a diverse career path" in a podcast called
Related Links
Ways to Give
You can help the Division of Occpational & Environmental Health continue to progress with even a small contribution.
Quick Links
(C) 2014 Designed by Health Sciences Interactive Marketing and WebRocky Mountain Chapter NAVHDA | Dogs with Altitude404 Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.
Der angeforderte URL konnte auf dem Server nicht gefunden werden.
Web Server at europeanclarinetassociation.org

我要回帖

更多关于 rocky 主题曲 的文章

随机推荐