and filling outthe air...

扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
and filling the air with the smokereceived the graceopening in the cell doorwhere two soldiers were waiting
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
This is what evil conduct
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码您的位置:&&&&&&&&&&&&正文
2015年职称英语考试每日一练:卫生类-阅读理解(3月27日)
08:37 来源:中华会计网校整理&& |
2015年时间是3月28日,网校将为所有学员免费提供练习题,所有学员登录成功之后即可免费练习。欢迎大家积极参与!
阅读理解:
Narrow Escape
We had left the hut too late that morning.When we stepped outside,the sky beyond the mountains to our east was already livid with colour.It meant the day would be a hot one,and the warmth would loosen rocks that were gripped by ice.
As soon as we stepped out on to the face,it became obvious this was going to be an awkward route.The main problem was talus,the debris that collects on mountainsides.Talus is despised by mountaineers for two reasons.First,because it can easily be pushed off on to you by people climbing above.And second,because it makes every step you take insecure.
For about 30 minutes we moved steadily up the face.The rock was in poor condition,shattered horizontally and mazed with cracks.When I tried to haul myself up on a block of it,it would pull out towards me,like a drawer opening.My hands became progressively wetter and colder.Then came a shout.&Cailloux! Cailloux!&I heard yelled from above,in a female voice.The words echoed down towards us.I looked up to see where they had come from.
There were just two rocks at first,leaping and bounding down the face towards us,once cannoning off each other in mid-air.And then the air above suddenly seemed alive with falling rocks,humming through the air and filling it with noise.Crack,went each one as it leapt off the rock face,then hum-hum-hum as it moved through the air,then crack again.The pause between the cracks lengthened each time,as the rocks gained momentum and jumped further and further.I continued to gaze up at the rocks as they fell and skipped towards me.A boy who had been a few years above me at school had taught me never to look up during a rock fall.&Why? Because a rock in your face is far less pleasant than a rock on your helmet,&he told us.&Face in,always face in.&
I heard Toby,my partner on the mountain that day,shouting at me.I looked across.He was safe beneath an overhanging canopy of rock.I could not understand him.Then I felt a thump,and was tugged backwards and round,as though somebody had clamped a heavy hand on my shoulder and turned me to face them.A rock had hit the lid of my rucksack.
I looked up again.A rock was heading down straight towards me.Instinctively,I leant backwards and arched my back out from the rock to try to protect my chest.What about my fingers,though,I thought: they'll be crushed flat if it hits them,and I'll never get down.Then I heard a crack directly in front of me,and a tug at my trousers,and a yell from Toby.&Are you all right? That went straight through you.&The rock had pitched in front of me,and passed through the hoop of my body,between my legs,missing me but snatching at my clothing as it went.
Toby and I had spent the evening talking through the events of the morning: what if the big final stone hadn't leapt sideways,what if I'd been knocked off,would you have held me,would I have pulled you off? A more experienced mountaineer would probably have thought nothing of it.I knew I would not forget it.
1.Why was it &too late& by the time they left the hut in the morning?
A.It would be uncomfortable climbing in hot weather.
B.The livid colour of the sky would hurt their eyes.
C.Rocks loosened by melting ice could be dangerous.
D.They wouldn't be able to walk on the melting ice.
正确答案:C
答案解析:本题考查对文章第一自然段的理解,对照原文知道太热的天气会导致冰雪融化岩石松动,那么对于登山者来说就危险了,所以说太晚了,选C。
2.The first reason given to explain why mountaineers hate talus is_______.
A.that climbers above you might cause it to fall on you
B.that it allows people climbing above you to push off
C.that it makes people climbing above you feel insecure
D.that it can cause other people to push you off the mountain
正确答案:A
答案解析:细节题。对照原文第二自然段First,because it can easily be pushed off on to you by people climbing above.首先,是因为它很容易被在你上面爬山的人推下去。那么就有可能砸到你,所以选A。
3.What is likely to be the meaning of &Cailloux&?
A.Rocks are flying through the air.
B.Rocks are falling.
C.There are loose rocks on the ground ahead.
D.There are rocks everywhere.
正确答案:B
答案解析:本题考查对文章的理解。Cailloux出现在第三自然段,这一段主要讲岩石松动了,再对照原文第四自然段the air above suddenly seemed alive with falling rocks讲空气中掉落的岩石,很容易知道答案是B。
4.What is sarcastic in the words of the boy in paragraph four?
A.He didn't keep his ''face in&.
B.Not every climber wears a helmet.
C.It is very difficult not to look up during a rockfall.
D.Being hit by a rock isn't &pleasant&at all.
正确答案:D
答案解析:本题针对第四自然段的对话提问,考查理解能力,有一定难度。对照原文&Why? Because a rock in your face is far less pleasant than a rock on your helmet,&因为石头砸在你脸上远远不比砸在你头盔上愉快。也就是石头砸在脸上很让人不愉快。答案是D。helmet是头盔的意思。
5.In what sense was Toby &safe&?
A.The overhanging rock would protect him from falling rocks.
B.He felt a hand on his shoulder.
C.His rucksack was protected.
D.He had hidden under a canopy.
正确答案:A
答案解析:针对第五自然段提问,对照原文He was safe beneath an overhanging canopy(遮篷)of rock.他躲在一个悬空的岩石遮篷下。这样就能躲开掉落的岩石,答案是A,protect& from doing保护&免受&。
编辑推荐:
强烈推荐:搜索&zhichengenglish&或关注我们的微信、微博,更快获取职称英语考试动态信息。
  帮助同学们顺利通过考试,是中华会计网校唯一的宗旨。【】 责任编辑:vage
&&上一篇:&&&&下一篇:&&
相关资讯:
&&&&&&&&&&
网站导航:
&资产评估师
&高级会计师
&注册会计师
&会计从业资格
&注册税务师
· · · ·
· · · ·
紧扣大纲全面讲解,超值优惠套餐,
适合基础好、时间充裕、自学能力强的学员!
特色班 400元/门
通关班600元/门
精品班800元/门
实验班1200元/门
特色班 400元/门
通关班600元/门
精品班800元/门
实验班1200元/门
特色班 400元/门
通关班600元/门
精品班800元/门
实验班1200元/门
特色班 400元/门
通关班600元/门
精品班800元/门
实验班1200元/门

3、本网站欢迎积极投稿
  4、联系方式:
电话:010-0Directions: The following is an advertisement for Christmas sale. After reading it, you are required to fill in the blanks with the correct words . You should write your answer briefly ( in no more than 3 words) on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year. Have yourself a merry homemade holiday. Reindeer carrying Santa with carols (圣诞颂歌)filling the air. It is a time for Christmas ornaments (装饰),gift, and twinkling lights. Shopping, wrapping parts full of giving. Trees for parents, toys for children, and flowers for your lover. Miracle will be made with love and your own two hands. A festive occasion, along awaited day. So do not hesitate to join our Special fair.
The ongoing Laitai Christmas Sale can be found on the third floor of the Laitai flower and plant market and will nm until December 26.
Christmas trees, gorgeous candlesticks, delicate garlands and collection.., you can find anything you want for the splendid holiday!
A design of decorative hoops for Christmas will be specially offered to hotels, h
During the sale, anyone who has an invitation will get a small gift.
Laitai Christmas Sale
The place: the third floor of Laitai
market
Time: until
, gorgeous candlesticks, delicate garlands and collection of ornaments and decorations
a design of decorative hoops specially offered to hotels,
Good news: During the sale, anyone who has an invitation will get a
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
Directions: The following is an advertisement for Christmas sale. After reading it, you are required to fill in the blanks with the correct words . You should write your answer briefly ( in no more than 3 words) on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
Christmas is a wonderful time of the year. Have yourself a merry homemade holiday. Reindeer carrying Santa with carols (圣诞颂歌)filling the air. It is a time for Christmas ornaments (装饰),gift, and twinkling lights. Shopping, wrapping parts full of giving. Trees for parents, toys for children, and flowers for your lover. Miracle will be made with love and your own two hands. A festive occasion, along awaited day. So do not hesitate to join our Special fair.
The ongoing Laitai Christmas Sale can be found on the third floor of the Laitai flower and plant market and will nm until December 26.
Christmas trees, gorgeous candlesticks, delicate garlands and collection.., you can find anything you want for the splendid holiday!
A design of decorative hoops for Christmas will be specially offered to hotels, h
Laitai Christmas Sale
market
, gorgeous candlesticks, delicate garlands and collection of ornaments and decorations
Directions: The following is an advertisement for Christmas sale. After reading it, you are required to fill in the blanks with the correct words . You should write your answer briefly ( in no more than 3 words) on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
Laitai Christmas Sale
market
科目:难易度:最佳答案正确答案:
答案:flower and plant。
解析答案解析:
细节题。46、47两道题问的是这个特卖会召开的时间和地点。答案在第二段很明确。
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
and filling the air with the smokereceived the graceopening in the cell doorwhere two soldiers were waiting
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
nd the soldiers went
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码Sandstorm - definition of sandstorm by The Free Dictionary /sandstorm
sandstorm Also found in: , , , .
sand·storm
(sănd′st?rm′)n. A strong wind carrying clouds of sand and dust through the air.sandstorm ('saend?st?:m) n (Physical Geography) a strong wind that whips up clouds of sand, esp in a desertsand•storm
(ˈsaendˌstɔrm)
a windstorm, esp. in a desert, that blows along great clouds of sand.
Switch to Noun1.sandstorm - a windstorm that lifts up cl "it was the kind of duster not experienced in years", ,
- a storm consisting of violent winds
hiekkamyrskysandbylursandstormursandstormsandstorm [ˈsændstɔːm] N →
f sandstorm [ˈsændstɔːrm] n →
f de sand trap n (US) →
msandstorm [ˈsænd&#x2stɔːm] n →
Want to thank TFD for its existence? , add a link to this page, or visit .
Link to this page:
In Packingtown the fertilizer is pure, instead of being a flavoring, and instead of a ton or so spread out on several acres under the open sky, there are hundreds and thousands of tons of it in one building, heaped here and there in haystack piles, covering the floor several inches deep, and filling the air with a choking dust that becomes a blinding sandstorm when the wind stirs. The Sandstorm Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) and Financial Statements for the third quarter will be accessible on the Company's website and on SEDAR at www.And incredible pictures taken at the beginning of April showed the moment ferocious red sandstorms devoured a city in China's northwest--the fourth massive sandstorm to strike the northwest of that country this year alone.Though most of Qatar consists of a low, barren plain, covered with sand, and dust storms are a regular occurrence, the ferocious sandstorm should prompt the authorities concerned to think about and implement steps that would alleviate such a threat in the future.I expect that this sandstorm would mean a rise in number of hospital admissions due to allergy and asthma attacks.Fuelled by strong winds, the sandstorm reduced visibility to less than 500 meters and snarled traffic in Abu Dhabi.Cars are seen driving amid a sandstorm that engulfed the city of Dubai on April 02, 2015.Visibility has dropped since Friday, when a sandstorm from Saudi Arabia hit the UAE.Sandstorms come to pass in Egypt, but they're not exactly a common occurrence.We are pleased to be partnering with both True Gold and Sandstorm in supporting the development of Karma, a robust project with low capital and operating costs on a property that has excellent exploration potential, said Paul Brink, Senior Vice President, Business Development of Franco-Nevada.TEHRAN- Iranian authorities warned on Tuesday of harsh weather conditions across the country, a day after a freak sandstorm with record winds killed five people in Tehran.Dubai has become the first emirate to use the Sandstorm Forecasting System which gathers information from its Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) as well as the World Meteorological Organization.
▲sandstorm▼
For webmasters:

我要回帖

更多关于 form filling 的文章

随机推荐