for the childrenn are ge...

E Teenagers who drink alcohol are at higher risk of becoming victims of violence, a Cardiff University study has found. A team from the School of Dentistry' s Violence Research Group studied drinking habits inchildren aged | 1-16 in England. They found not only a link between drink and violence but alsothat children who drank were more likely to be hit, even if they weren' t violent themselves. The researchers are now calling for measures to prevent alcohol misuse to reduce injuryrisk. Current policy focuses on reducing aggression but this research shows that there should beequal effort to reduce victimization(受害). More than 4,000 children were surveyed at 13 schools at four local authorities in the North, the Midlands, London, and the South. The study found that 25% of 1 l-year-olds were drinkingmonthly and 3.6% daily, with 12.8% admitting to getting drunk 3 to 5 times a year. By the ageof 16, 40% were drinking weekly and 6.2% were drinking every day. The research also showed22.6% of 16-year-olds were getting drunk more than 21 times a year. The study, which has just been published in the Journal of Adolescence, found a stronglink between frequency of drinking and frequency of hitting other people. However, children who reported drinking monthly were also three times more likely to behit. Adolescents(青少年) who drank but didn't get into fights were more likely to be hit thanthose who did fight. Professor Jonathan Shepherd, who led the research, said a lot of previous alcohol-relatedviolence work had focused on the offenders rather than the victims. His team is calling for more pre-vention work from parents and teachers in the first two years of secondary school by taking advantage of the "teachable moment", that is, immediately after a student has missed school because of drunkenness. Previous work by Professor Jonathan Shepherd has shown drinkers may be more at risk of vio-lence because of reduced physical co-ordinatlon ( 配合), poor decision-making in threatening situa-tions and isolation while out late at night. He said,"This new study seems to be the first to show a direct link between alcohol misuses and victimization. There now needs to be much more effort put into reducing alcohol misuse in order to reduce injury. "58. The underlined word "aggression" in the third paragraph probably means_____ A. violence B. sad feelings C. bad manners D. drunkenness59. Drinkers may be more at risk of violence because of all the following EXCEPT __ A. reduced the physical co-ordination B. isolation while out late at night C. a higher frequency of hitting other people D. poor decision-making in threatening situations60. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to Professor Shepherd' s research? A. The frequency of children getting drunk increases with age. B. His previous alcohol-related violence work had focused on the offendersl C. Some children missed school because of drunkenness. D. This new study shows a direct link between alcohol misuse and victimization. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:E Teenagers who drink alcohol are at higher risk of becoming victims of violence, a Cardiff University study has found. A team from the School of Dentistry' s Violence Research Group studied drinking habits inchildren aged | 1-16 in England. They found not only a link between drink and violence but alsothat children who drank were more likely to be hit, even if they weren' t violent themselves. The researchers are now calling for measures to prevent alcohol misuse to reduce injuryrisk. Current policy focuses on reducing aggression but this research shows that there should beequal effort to reduce victimization(受害). More than 4,000 children were surveyed at 13 schools at four local authorities in the North, the Midlands, London, and the South. The study found that 25% of 1 l-year-olds were drinkingmonthly and 3.6% daily, with 12.8% admitting to getting drunk 3 to 5 times a year. By the ageof 16, 40% were drinking weekly and 6.2% were drinking every day. The research also showed22.6% of 16-year-olds were getting drunk more than 21 times a year. The study, which has just been published in the Journal of Adolescence, found a stronglink between frequency of drinking and frequency of hitting other people. However, children who reported drinking monthly were also three times more likely to behit. Adolescents(青少年) who drank but didn't get into fights were more likely to be hit thanthose who did fight. Professor Jonathan Shepherd, who led the research, said a lot of previous alcohol-relatedviolence work had focused on the offenders rather than the victims. His team is calling for more pre-vention work from parents and teachers in the first two years of secondary school by taking advantage of the "teachable moment", that is, immediately after a student has missed school because of drunkenness. Previous work by Professor Jonathan Shepherd has shown drinkers may be more at risk of vio-lence because of reduced physical co-ordinatlon ( 配合), poor decision-making in threatening situa-tions and isolation while out late at night. He said,"This new study seems to be the first to show a direct link between alcohol misuses and victimization. There now needs to be much more effort put into reducing alcohol misuse in order to reduce injury. "58. The underlined word "aggression" in the third paragraph probably means_____ A. violence B. sad feelings C. bad manners D. drunkenness59. Drinkers may be more at risk of violence because of all the following EXCEPT __ A. reduced the physical co-ordination B. isolation while out late at night C. a higher frequency of hitting other people D. poor decision-making in threatening situations60. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to Professor Shepherd' s research? A. The frequency of children getting drunk increases with age. B. His previous alcohol-related violence work had focused on the offendersl C. Some children missed school because of drunkenness. D. This new study shows a direct link between alcohol misuse and victimization.E Teenagers who drink alcohol are at higher risk of becoming victims of violence, a Cardiff University study has found. A team from the School of Dentistry' s Violence Research Group studied drinking habits inchildren aged | 1-16 in England. They found not only a link between drink and violence but alsothat children who drank were more likely to be hit, even if they weren' t violent themselves. The researchers are now calling for measures to prevent alcohol misuse to reduce injuryrisk. Current policy focuses on reducing aggression but this research shows that there should beequal effort to reduce victimization(受害). More than 4,000 children were surveyed at 13 schools at four local authorities in the North, the Midlands, London, and the South. The study found that 25% of 1 l-year-olds were drinkingmonthly and 3.6% daily, with 12.8% admitting to getting drunk 3 to 5 times a year. By the ageof 16, 40% were drinking weekly and 6.2% were drinking every day. The research also showed22.6% of 16-year-olds were getting drunk more than 21 times a year. The study, which has just been published in the Journal of Adolescence, found a stronglink between frequency of drinking and frequency of hitting other people. However, children who reported drinking monthly were also three times more likely to behit. Adolescents(青少年) who drank but didn't get into fights were more likely to be hit thanthose who did fight. Professor Jonathan Shepherd, who led the research, said a lot of previous alcohol-relatedviolence work had focused on the offenders rather than the victims. His team is calling for more pre-vention work from parents and teachers in the first two years of secondary school by taking advantage of the "teachable moment", that is, immediately after a student has missed school because of drunkenness. Previous work by Professor Jonathan Shepherd has shown drinkers may be more at risk of vio-lence because of reduced physical co-ordinatlon ( 配合), poor decision-making in threatening situa-tions and isolation while out late at night. He said,"This new study seems to be the first to show a direct link between alcohol misuses and victimization. There now needs to be much more effort put into reducing alcohol misuse in order to reduce injury. "58. The underlined word "aggression" in the third paragraph probably means_____ A. violence&&&&&&&& B. sad feelings&&&& C. bad manners&&&&&&&&& D. drunkenness59. Drinkers may be more at risk of violence because of all the following EXCEPT __ A. reduced the physical co-ordination B. isolation while out late at night C. a higher frequency of hitting other people D. poor decision-making in threatening situations60. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to Professor Shepherd' s research? A. The frequency of children getting drunk increases with age. B. His previous alcohol-related violence work had focused on the offendersl C. Some children missed school because of drunkenness. D. This new study shows a direct link between alcohol misuse and victimization.科目:难易度:最佳答案58---60&& ACB&&解析知识点:&&&&&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
总结 论文 文档
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
新目标英语七上 教研室下发 全册单元测试、期中期末测试加答案--reading
下载积分:1198
内容提示:新目标英语七上 教研室下发 全册单元测试、期中期末测试加答案--reading
文档格式:DOC|
浏览次数:3|
上传日期: 14:44:48|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
新目标英语七上 教研室下发 全册单元测试、期中期末测
官方公共微信这是个机器人猖狂的时代,请输一下验证码,证明咱是正常人~TPO30_2_1 - 托福(R)TPO听力世界 - 主播电台 - 网易云音乐
托福(R)TPO听力世界 第35期
播放:35次
介绍: 第一段
1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and his art history professor.
1 .How was the museum?
1 .Great. I hadn't been there for a few years.
1 .Did you enjoy the Van Gogh painting?
1 .That's the thing.
2 .Looks like I have to change my topic.
1 .Hmm... we are ge...
介绍: 第一段
1 .Listen to a conversation between a student and his art history professor.
1 .How was the museum?
1 .Great. I hadn't been there for a few years.
1 .Did you enjoy the Van Gogh painting?
1 .That's the thing.
2 .Looks like I have to change my topic.
1 .Hmm... we are getting close to the deadline.
2 .You were writing about the theme of night in the paintings of Vincent Van Gogh.
3 .It's a wonderful topic.
1 .I know, people don't usually think of Van Gogh as an artist of nocturnal themes.
2 .They think of brightness, sunshine, all that yellow and orange.
1 .You are right of course about the intense light associated with his daytime paintings.
2 .But his night paintings don't exactly lack brightness.
1 .That's the paradox that I really like, the paradox of painting a nighttime scene using so much color and light.
2 .So I was planning to focus mostly on his painting Starry Night.
1 .When I went to the museum to look at the actual painting, like you told me to, it wasn't there.
1 .Really? Isn't it part of the permanent collection?
1 .Yes. But it's on loan right now to a museum in Europe.
1 .Ah, I see. Well, I am strict about having students write about paintings they can observe firsthand.
1 .Well, I found another painting I could study instead.
2 .I read that there are two paintings called Starry Night.
3 .The first one was done by the French realist painter Millet.
4 .It may have been the inspiration for Van Gogh's painting.
5 .Millet's painting is located near my family's house in Connecticut.
6 .And I am going there this weekend and could study it then.
7 .I made sure it's not out on loan.
1 .That definitely would work then.
2 .Van Gogh copied many of Millet's compositions.
3 .We know that he really admired Millet's work.
4 .And a lot of us think Van Gogh saw this particular painting by Millet in Paris in the late 1700s.
1 .Yeah. Although Millet was a realist painter, and Van Gogh a post-impressionist, the two paintings still share lots of features, not just the name.
2 .The most striking shared feature has got to be the amazing light effects.
3 .I am excited to go see it. But one other thing...
第一十九段
1 .Uh-huh.
1 .I was thinking about getting a head start on my next assignment while I am at the gallery in Connecticut, the assignment on miniatures.
2 .They have a lot of miniature portraits of children as part of their permanent collection.
第二十一段
1 .American miniatures?
第二十二段
1 .Yeah. So I figured I could also get started on that essay, study a few while I am there.
2 .I'd focus on the meaning of the objects that some of the children are holding, some are holding flowers, one child has a rattle, another a toy violin...
第二十三段
1 .That would be fine.
2 .Uh, those objects... we call them attributes.
3 .The attributes chosen to be included in a particular miniature was often meant to communicate parents' hopes and dreams for their child.
4 . So I think you'll learn a lot about how people viewed children at the time the miniature paintings were done.
网易云音乐多端下载
同步歌单,随时畅听320k好音乐
网易公司版权所有(C)
杭州乐读科技有限公司运营:

我要回帖

更多关于 for the children 的文章

随机推荐