most certainlyy come中cert...

certainlyFrom Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishldoce_711_zcer?tain?ly /'s?:tnli $ 's?:r-/
●●● S1 W1 adverb [sentence adverb]
1 CERTAINLY/DEFINITELYwithout any
definitely I certainly never expected to become a writer. They’re certainly not mine.it is certainly true/possible etc It is certainly true that there are more courses on offer. The girl was almost certainly murdered. ‘Not smoking has made a real difference.’ ‘It most certainly has.’2 AGREE spoken used to
or give your
‘I’d like a beer, please.’ ‘Certainly, sir.’ ‘Can I come along?’ ‘Certainly.’3
→certainly used when saying that you are sure about somethingAmy’s certainly growing, but she’s not gaining weight.It’s certainly not the cheapest way of getting to New York.‘Is this his signature?’ ‘Almost certainly.’undoubtedly used when saying that you are completely sure about something. Undoubtedly sounds more
and a little more
than certainlyThey are undoubtedly the better team.Undoubtedly it will be a huge shock for him. The furniture, although undoubtedly fashionable, was a little too plain for my taste.there is no doubt used when you are completely sure about somethingThere is no doubt that violence on TV influences children.He’s definitely innocent. There’s no doubt about that.without (a) doubt used when you are completely sure about somethingShe was without doubt one of Mexico’s finest artists.There would be, without a doubt, some perfectly ordinary explanation for his behaviour.Examples from the CorpuscertainlyCertainly, a
in the high
is not for everyone.We're certainly a lot better off than we were five years ago.And that was certainly a start.Books and people certainly
him.We are not especially well-treated, certainly not as well as the locals.Not the papers or the
and certainly not Kylie.Should the man
rather than
it, he would almost certainly still have his .This thought now
him as too
and certainly
in its , and he
it up.And that she most certainly was not, she told herself adamantly.And it certainly Was, though not in the way the
.it is certainly true/possible etcI am
: it is certainly true.With Michael Barry, it is certainly possible.More neutrally it is certainly true that the
of courses we offer continues to increase.And it is certainly true that these
have had a
in the past.Yet, it is certainly possible to
Arden is as dramatically .
More results
Pictures of the day
Do you know what each of these is called?
Click on the pictures to check.
Explore topics
Word of the day下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
1.75亿学生的选择
sure和certainly的用法和区别 说明基本用法就行 要例句和例句的中文,例句也不要太复杂
祑喞vv_n6u
sure 既可用做形容词,也可用作副词,作形容词时,意为“肯定,确信,有把握.”常用以下句形.1)be sure of /about 相信,确信.如:I am sure of /about his success .我确信他会成功.2)be sure to 一定,务必 .如:Be sure to come earlier tomorrow .请明天必须早点来.3)be sure +that 从句 .如:I am sure (that) I left the book on the desk .我肯定把书忘在桌子上了.4)be sure +wh-从句 .如:They’re not sure whether they could come or not .他们不能肯定能不能来.5)be sure +wh-词+不定式.如:I am not sure where to go .我不能肯定到什么地方去.用作副词时,一般取“当然,当然可以”之意.此时可与certainly,of course换用.如:---Could you lend me your bicycle ---Sure .certainly 为certain 的副词.1) “确实的,无疑的”.在肯定句和疑问句中,certainly 用于be动词,助动词,情态动词后,行为动词前.在否定句中.certainly 用于be动词,助动词,情态动词之前如:He will certainly come .We certainly mustn’t forget that .2)用在答语中表示“当然可以,没问题.”此时可以与sure,of course 换用.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
sure是形容词和副词certainly 是副词
扫描下载二维码Certainly dictionary definition | certainly defined
certainly&
&cer·tain·ly
LINK / CITE
ADD TO WORD LIST
adverbThe definition of certainly is absolutely or definitely.An example of certainly used as an adverb is in the sentence, "We will certainly buy some cookies," which means "We will absolutely buy some cookies."
certainly surely yes
certainly adverb U definitely: This is certainly not my writing. B of course: You may certainly join us. Surely: They certainly are hard workers.
(comparative more certainly, superlative most certainly)I with .Without , .The accident was certainly caused by human error.That was certainly sweet of him.You may certainly join us for dinner.A of course.Would you like it with ice?  Certainly, and with lemon please.
Sentence Examples
Certainly she had been under a lot of stress.His family didn't consider the meal formal, but their attire was certainly more formal than she was used to wearing.She certainly didn't feel any different.She wasn't contributing money, but she was certainly contributing her share.Whatever the case, it certainly wasn't worth arguing about.
How would you define certainly? Add your definition here.
Please enable JavaScript to view the
Words near certainly in the dictionary
Follow YourDictionary
Join YourDictionary today
Create and save customized word lists. Sign up today and start improving your vocabulary!
Please set a username for yourself.
People will see it as Author Name with your public word lists.

我要回帖

更多关于 most certainly 的文章

随机推荐