door when a wrinklelift...

<: The Wrinkle in Time Quintet Boxed Set (A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, An Acceptable Time) (1): Madeleine L&#39;Engle: Books
Windows Phone
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
List Price: $34.99
Save: $13.66
Free Shipping for Prime Members |
Fast, FREE Shipping with
Add to Cart
Want it tomorrow, Feb. 2?
Order within
and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.
To see addresses, please
Use this location:
Please enter a valid US zip code.
Please enter a valid US zip code.
Add to List
Sorry, there was a problem.
There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Please try again.
Add to Baby Registry
Trade in your item
Get a $3.34Gift Card.
Have one to sell?
Flip to back
Flip to front
Playing...
You&#039;re listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition.
The Wrinkle in Time Quintet Boxed Set (A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, An Acceptable Time)
& Box set, October 2, 2007
Find all the books, read about the author, and more.
for this author
Are you an author?
"Please retry"
Paperback, Box set
"Please retry"
"Please retry"
The Time Quintet by Madeleine L'Engle consists of A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, and An Acceptable Time. The digest box set features the art of Taeeun Yoo.A Wrinkle in Time is one of the most significant novels of our time. This fabulous, ground-breaking science-fiction and fantasy story is the first of five in the Time Quintet series about the Murry family. A Wrinkle in Time is soon to be a major motion picture from Disney, directed by Ava DuVernay, starring Storm Reid, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling. A Wind in the Door&#x2015;When Charles Wallace falls ill, Meg, Calvin, and their teacher, Mr. Jenkins, must travel inside C.W. to make him well, and save the universe from the evil Echthros.A Swiftly Tilting Planet&#x2015;The Murry and O'Keefe families enlist the help of the unicorn, Gaudior, to save the world from imminent nuclear war.Many Waters&#x2015;Meg Murry, now in college, time travels with her twin brothers, Sandy and Dennys, to a desert oasis that is embroiled in war.An Acceptable Time&#x2015;While spending time with her grandparents, Alex and Kate Murry, Polly O'Keefe wanders into a time 3,000 years before her own.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more.
Frequently Bought Together
Total price: $48.74
Add both to Cart
Add both to List
Buy the selected items togetherThis item:The Wrinkle in Time Quintet Boxed Set (A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting& by Madeleine L&#39;Engle Paperback $21.33 Ships from and sold .FREE Shipping on orders over $25.
by C. S. Lewis Paperback $27.41 Ships from and sold .FREE Shipping.
Page 1 of 1
This shopping feature will continue to load items. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading.
Mary Norton
Paperback$21.33
Paperback$27.41
Paperback$5.99
Madeleine L'Engle
Paperback$23.99
Paperback$8.15
Paperback$8.99
Sponsored Products are advertisements for products sold by merchants . When you click on a Sponsored Product ad, you will be taken to an Amazon detail page where you can learn more about the product and purchase it.
To learn more about Amazon Sponsored Products, .
Elana Johnson
In this dangerous game with time, someone&#39;s bound to lose. For fans of Rysa Walker and Ransom Riggs. Free with Kindle Unlimited.
Kindle Edition
Micah Caida
Appearing unexpectedly and with no memory, 17 year old Rayen accidentally opens a portal that threatens the current world and the future.
Kindle Edition
Rachel Humphrey-D&#39;aigle
Action-Packed Fantasy Series- a Classic Coming of Age Adventure in a Thrilling New World of Magic.
Kindle Edition
Rachel Humphrey - D&#39;aigle
A prophecy three immortal children have no choice but to accept as whether by fate or circumstance, the battle has already begun.
Kindle Edition
Nathan Van Coops
The Chronothon is a blast--a whirlwind race through space and time, where nothing is quite what it seems.--Rysa Walker, Timebound
Kindle Edition
Karen Harris Tully
A teen gymnast finds out she’s half-alien with the worst custody agreement in the universe. This. Sucks. Embrace the alien within.
Kindle Edition
Rayven T. Hill
When a troubled woman claims to have witnessed a murder, then apparently commits suicide, her husband hires PI&#39;s Jake and Annie to uncover the truth.
Kindle Edition
Editorial Reviews
&#x201C;A Wrinkle in Time is one of my favorite books of all time. I've read it so often, I know it by heart. Meg Murry was my hero growing up. I wanted glasses and braces and my parents to stick me in an attic bedroom. And I so wanted to save Charles Wallace from IT.&#x201D; &#x2015;Meg Cabot on A Wrinkle in Time&#x201C;A book that every young person should read, a book that provides a road map for seeking knowledge and compassion even at the worst of times, a book to make the world a better place.&#x201D; &#x2015;Cory Doctorow on A Wrinkle in Time&#x201C;A suspenseful, life-and-death drama that is of believable cosmic significance. Complex and rich in mystical religious insights, this is breathtaking entertainment.&#x201D; &#x2015;School Library Journal, starred review on A Wind in the Door&#x201C;Madeleine L'Engle mixes classical theology, contemporary family life, and futuristic science fiction to make a completely convincing tale that should put under its spell both readers familiar with the Murrys and those meeting them for the first time.&#x201D; &#x2015;The New York Times Book Review on A Wind in the Door&#x201C;An intricately woven fantasy ... Theme is L'Engle's greatest forte, and once again she proves this with a compelling plot, rich in style that vibrates with provocative thoughts on universal love, individual caring, and the need for the joy in living.&#x201D; &#x2015;Booklist, starred review on A Swiftly Tilting Planet&#x201C;This will be enjoyed for its suspense and humor as well as its other levels of meaning.&#x201D; &#x2015;Kirkus Reviews on Many Waters&#x201C;L'Engle blends speculative fiction with biblical theology to create another provocative spellbinding tale.&#x201D; &#x2015;Philadelphia Inquirer on Many Waters&#x201C;L'Engle has again achieved the award-winning style of A Wrinkle in Time ... Highly recommended.&#x201D; &#x2015;VOYA on An Acceptable Time
About the Author
Madeleine L'Engle (1918&#x) was born in New York City and attended Smith College. She wrote more than 60 books, the most famous of which is A Wrinkle In Time (1962), winner of the Newbery Award in 1963. L'Engle continued the story of the Murry family from A Wrinkle In Time with seven other novels (five of which are available as A Wrinkle In Time Quintent from Square Fish). She also wrote the famous series featuring the Austin family, beginning with the novel Meet The Austins (1960). L'Engle revisited the Austins four more times over the next three decades, concluding with Troubling a Star in 1994. The story of the Austins had some autobiographical elements, mirroring Madeleine's life and the life of her family. Madeleine L'Engle's last book, The Joys of Love, is a romantic, coming-of-age story she wrote back in the 1940s, that was recently published by Farrar, Straus and Giroux.
NO_CONTENT_IN_FEATURE
Find your inner superhero
with these editor's picks from Kindle.
Product Details
Paperback: 244 pages
Publisher: Square F Slp edition (October 2, 2007)
Language: English
ISBN-13: 978-
Product Dimensions:
5.2 x 4.2 x 7.9 inches
Shipping Weight: 3 pounds ()
Average Customer Review:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#3,665 in Books ()
Share your thoughts with other customersTop Customer ReviewsByFormat: Paperback|Verified PurchaseThis set of 5 fantastic and interwoven tales (each of which stands upright and satisfyingly complete on it's own)
really is for any age from about 10 up if you're interested in high quality, thoughtful writing, broad spectrum plots with well-drawn, complex, believeable characters and, genuine Meaning (without a mallet!) everywhere you look..... I am 62 and over the years I have read every one of these at least twice....(personal favorite is Many Waters)......Enjoy!...ByFormat: PaperbackI love these books.
My eight-year-old son loves these books.
I read A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in the Door when I was a child, and I loved both so much that I about wore the ink off the pages re-reading them.
My son received this boxed set from his cousin, and we started reading them together.The books themselves are well-made.
I've gotten box sets (of other series) that were flimsy, fell apart, etc.
These are well-produced, sturdy paperbacks that will hold up to repeated readings.
The content is just exquisite.
Juvenile fiction just doesn't get any better than this.
The dialogue can be a little prim.
The time travel theories can be a bit sketchy.
But the stories are wonderfully written, richly descriptive worlds in which unconditional love and forgiveness make all things possible.The only real caution I have is that in Many Waters, there are chaste, but obvious, references to intimate relations.
They went right over my son's head (I think), and they weren't at all graphic or salacious, but parents might want to read the book and then decide whether their children are ready for it.ByFormat: Paperback|Verified PurchaseMadeleine L'Engle's "Time Quintet" has long been a staple of young adult literature. The earthy nature of her characters makes you want to follow them on their travels around the quaint Murry farm and, indeed, around the universe. "A Wrinkle in Time" is the cornerstone of the quintet. In it, we meet the Murry's quirky and original family and soon are wishing it was our own--as Calvin does. The scientific idea of the book involves tessering, or wrinkling, time. The more imaginitive setting is the war against "the darkness" seeking to envelop planets. "A Wind in the Door" is a little more difficult as it explores the differences or implications of "being" versus "non-being and the satanic Ecthroi and their war on the universe at ALL levels--even as tiny (size doesn't matter) as a farandola. "A Swiftly Tilting Planet" is a beautiful picture of what can happen when we charge the universe and place ourselves in the gap at times of great need. In ASTP, we find out more about the O'Keefe side of the family and the inhabitants around the star-watching rock many, many years before the Murrys come onto the scene. "Many Waters" is also a beautifully layered book looking at the pre-flood era of Noah and his family. Finally, we get to know more about Sandy and Dennys! They prove to be more that "just kids" as they begin to fit right in, help Noah with his Ark project, and gain the love of Noah's generation. Many great "what-if's" here. Lastly, we have "An Acceptable Time" which follows Polly O'Keefe (Meg and Calvin's firstborn) as she travels through time to the People of the Wind that lived around the Murry's land 3,000 years before they did. Through all her travails, she discovers that her gift and many other things must wait for "An Acceptable Time."ByFormat: PaperbackRemember this book as a child?
I dug it out for my 9 year-old and he just loved it.
We looked up on Amazon to see if there was anything else written by the author and were pleasantly surprised to see that this was a series of five books.
He whipped through this series and LOVED it.
I will also say that the updated boxed set is great--I know you're not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but these are just adorable, even though they're paperback.
A fine update from a wonderful classic--and it looks cute on the shelf, too.ByFormat: Paperback|Verified PurchaseBought this for myself to read after surgery during my recovery period. I remember reading the first book in the set as a child and loving it. This set is very nice and I loved reading them. Convenient that the books are in a little box so that it's easy to lend the books to others. The set came on time and was properly packaged by Amazon. :)
ByFormat: Paperback|Verified PurchaseThis is the fourth time I have purchased this series. The first became dog eared and wrinkled with the frequent re-reading I did when I first became the owner of this series well over 40 years ago. The second copies were read, and reread to my youngsters as they grew until they were able to read them on their own. The third set went to my daughter so she could make these timeless books a part of her children's lives. And the last set is again for me to revisit the sci fi world that isn't really sci fi with Meg, Charles Wallace, Mrs Which and Whatsit and Who and the rest of the Murrays.There is no greater accolade a timeless classic can receive than the re-reading by those who recognize the brilliance and shining truth of that classic. Madeleine L'Engle battled bullies, environmental issues, fear, world economies, political pressures and other "modern day" issues in a timeless fashion that I trust will live forever.ByFormat: Hardcover|Verified PurchaseA Wrinkle in Time is my absolute most favorite book ever, and I am thrilled that it made it to 50 years! This edition is lovely--the font is a nice size, the lines are spaced out, and the pages look clean, inviting and appealing to the eye. For some reason I thought these were separate books, but it is all one volume. That's great because I never have the entire quintet when I need it. :) It also has a full-color insert of each book's original cover art, which is neat. It is definitely time to read through the series again.ByFormat: Paperback|Verified PurchaseThe wrinkle in time series is one of the best series of childrens books ever written.
This product containing all five books is a better value and keeps the books organized together in a boxed set than if purchased individually.
There are other published versions and it is difficult to find all five books containing the same artwork.
The old artwork style is a little better and less cartoonish, but it looks better having all five books with the same covers.
Customer Images
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers.
This item: The Wrinkle in Time Quintet Boxed Set (A Wrinkle in Time, A Wind in the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet, Many Waters, An Acceptable Time)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Madeleine L'Engle
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.<: A Wind in the Door (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet Book 2) eBook: Madeleine L&#39;Engle: Kindle Store
Windows Phone
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Kindle Edition
Kindle Edition
Kindle Edition
Kindle Edition
Madeleine L'Engle
Sponsored Products are advertisements for products sold by merchants . When you click on a Sponsored Product ad, you will be taken to an Amazon detail page where you can learn more about the product and purchase it.
To learn more about Amazon Sponsored Products, .
Joel Ohman
In this YA dystopian fiction series, everyone is assigned a numerical Score that decides their worth to society and whether they live or die...
Kindle Edition
J. G. Kemp
Encourage her love of science. A thrilling science education adventure for ages 7-12. Also available in paperback.
Kindle Edition
Karen Inglis
A lost dog, a hidden time tunnel and a secret lake take Stella and Tom to their home and the children living there 100 years in the past...
Kindle Edition
Micah Caida
Appearing unexpectedly and with no memory, 17 year old Rayen accidentally opens a portal that threatens the current world and the future.
Kindle Edition
Karen Harris Tully
A teen gymnast finds out she’s half-alien with the worst custody agreement in the universe. This. Sucks. Embrace the alien within.
Kindle Edition
Susha Golomb
NEW MIDDLE GRADE SERIES. Fitting in is a lot harder when you&#39;re not even the right species.
Kindle Edition
Nathan Van Coops
The Chronothon is a blast--a whirlwind race through space and time, where nothing is quite what it seems.--Rysa Walker, Timebound
Kindle Edition
Product Details
File Size: 492 KB
Print Length: 256 pages
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR) (April 1, 2010)
Publication Date: April 1, 2010
Language: English
ASIN: B004J4X30W
Text-to-Speech:
Word Wise: Enabled
Lending: Not Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#24,475 Paid in Kindle Store ()
Would you like to ?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to ?
Share your thoughts with other customersTop Customer ReviewsByL'Engle blows me away.
She nevers dumbs down her language or ideas for a younger audience.
She treats readers with respect and intelligence, so much so that I, as an adult, find her books incredibly fascinating and thought-provoking.&The Wind in the Door& is as good as its predecessor &A Wrinkle in Time.&
Although connected, this book can be read alone.
The people and creatures are both loveable and loathsome.
Meg's character is great, and her family is just quirky enough that we fall in love with them.
This time, it's her brother Charles Wallace who is in grave danger.
Only as Meg and others enter his body as miniscule entities can they fight the enemies that threaten to kill him.
We discover that Echthroi are fallen angels/demons, intent on destroying the universe, and we also find a cherubim named Proginoskes who is there to help Meg and her friend Calvin in the spiritual battle.Mixing elements of &The Fantastic Voyage& and &Innerspace& with elements of &This Present Darkness,& L'Engle gives us a story that somehow has application in myriad ways.
It's a story of spiritual deliverance, of math and time debates, of character maturity, even of a young girl learning to love her unloveable school principle.
All this in 203 pages.This is one of the best bargains going.
No wonder these books are still aroun &The Time Quartet& stands the test of time.ByIn the first of the &Kairos& books, &A Wrinkle in Time&, Madeleine L'Engle took Meg Murry, Charles Wallace Murry, and Calvin O'Keefe on a quest through the macrocosm of time and space. In this second book, &A Wind in the Door&, she adds an even deeper dimension to her fictional world--which she makes as real to us as our world, sometimes even more real--by sending them on a journey into the microcosm of the human body.How is it possible for a human being to enter a human body, you may ask, as did the still-irritable, yet still-lovable, Meg Murry. In a special class that teaches universal truths, rather than the imports and exports of Nicaragua, Meg, Calvin, Mr. Jenkins, and the also-human readers will meet a cherubim who has memorized the names of the stars . . . speak to a farandola inside one of Charles Wallace's cells . . . watch the birth of a star &small& enough to hold in a human hand . . . and ultimately learn that size, number, order, and anything that can be measured does not matter.What do matter are names, for &He knows them all by name& . . . even the little stars so far away from inhabited planets that only those who see without eyes know their names. The loss of a star is no more and no less tragic to the Universe than the death of a young boy. Everything we does matters. Everything we touch sends ripples into the cosmos--the cosmos within and the cosmos without. This time, the mission is to save Charles Wallace's life. Annihilators called the Echthroi want to X him, as they want to X everything else in the Universe. As the book's characters were bound to fight them in the story, we are bound to fight them in real life. This is adventure on a grand scale!Though the literary critic in me sees a lot of less-than-perfect elements in this novel, I still gave &A Wind in the Door& five stars because what matters most about it is its message. L'Engle's plot twists and fictional inventions make even me raise my eyebrows a few times, but her passion never fails to captivate me. Without fail, it draws me into a world too real to be imaginary and gives me faith in my own world.ByOne of those books where you scan it from cover to cover and then discover that you still don't know what the title means.
Following up the massive success of her phenomenal "A Wrinkle in Time", authoress extraordinaire L'Engle decided to stretch her literary muscles a little further with the sequel "A Wind in the Door".
Drawing more heavily on Christian imagery and themes than its predecessor, "A Wind in the Door" is a remarkable effort.
Combining metaphysics, Old Testament creations, and the microcosmic building blocks of life, in this book we learn that sometimes growing up and getting older is necessary.
Think of this story as the anti-Peter Pan, if you will.Making zippo references to any of the plot points in "A Wrinkle In Time" (with the exception of an oblique mention of Earth as a shadowed planet and some brief background on Meg's relationship with Calvin), we once again meet our oh-so normal protagonist Meg Murry.
She dotes on her little brother Charles Wallace quite a bit, but when he suddenly makes an announcement one day that there are dragons in the garden she's reasonably confused.
Meg's had a lot on her mind lately too.
There's the fact that Charles has been getting beaten up regularly at school and he's been strangely ill as well.
As it turns out, Charles Wallace's condition is cause for concern on a particularly cosmic scale.
Before she knows it, Meg has joined forces with a cherubim (a particularly Revelation-like creature made of all eyes and wings), a snake, a man from another world, her beloved boyfriend Calvin, and (most strangely) her former elementary school principal Mr. Jenkins.
Together, this motley crew must do battle in the cells of Charles Wallace's very mitochondria, fighting against the evil Echthroi (a kind of fallen angels).What I've always liked about Madeleine L'Engle's Christian infused tales is that they don't bop you over the head with didacticism.
I mean, compare this book with (oh, say) C.S. Lewis's "The Last Battle".
In both cases adept writers have conjured up magical worlds and creatures for young readers.
Yet while Lewis ends up sending kids messages like "use make-up and you won't get into heaven" (paraphrased but definitely a message in the final Narnia tale), L'Engle sends the message "love is the saving grace".
Which would you rather read?
Better yet, which would you prefer for your children?I did find it a little odd that Meg was continually astounded by fantastical events in this tale.
I mean, doesn't she remember the oddities that occurred to her in "A Wrinkle In Time"?
After you've faced down a gigantic evil pulsating brain, I'd think ANYTHING would strike you as possible.
Still, this is a great book to introduce to those readers who never got around to "A Wrinkle".
It doesn't really require any explanation or backstory.
I also particularly enjoyed the science introduced in this book.
If you've a kid that loves science but is also into fantasy, this book is a perfect match.
From it I've just learned that mitochondria have their own DNA.
That's who.Looking back on it, when I was a kid I tended to skim through books that bored me, and this tale certainly fit the bill.
Still, reading it again today I think that if I'd just stuck with it, I could have really enjoyed it.
And I truly believe that some kids reading it today will love it through and through.
I mean, in what other tale are you going to come to the undeniable conclusion that partying is in our genes?
If you'd like a good book with a strong (but human and flawed) female protagonist that I think almost every kid can identify with, this book's for you.
Keep it close to your heart at all times.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Amazon Giveaway allows you to run promotional giveaways in order to create buzz, reward your audience, and attract new followers and customers.
This item: A Wind in the Door (A Wrinkle in Time Quintet Book 2)
After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in.
Look for Similar Items by Category
<iframe name="iFrameHMD" id="iFrameHMD" height="0" width="0" style="border:none" src="javascript:''">
If you need help or have a question for Customer Service, .
Would you like to report poor quality or formatting in this book?
Would you like to report this content as inappropriate?
Do you believe that this item violates a copyright?

我要回帖

更多关于 wrinklelift 的文章