I'm afraidsay you ll never'll j...

Find a way to you中文歌词_百度知道
Find a way to you中文歌词
还有Seek youLenka的,好像是啊戴儿唱的,中英对照。谢谢。中英喔
两首都要!
我有更好的答案
按默认排序
I&#039.而我# 039;t be a fool which,Don'T是一个傻瓜.你是包裹在一个茧While I'm throwing coins at the wishing wellIf you think you'T是一个傻瓜;I't be a fool which..;m blowing kisses at the moon,我会找到你You are wrapped in a cocoon你是包裹在一个茧While I't be a fool which ,我有我的原因I will peel the way我将剥离的方式Peel away the letters that you built up around you剥离;ll get away with this如果你认为你# 039,你建立在你的信I don&#039,Don&#39.;m blowing kisses at the moon而我# 039,I will find a way to you我会找到你You are hidden in your shelf你是躲在你的书架上While I&#039.;我想感受When you push me away Where you do当你把我带走你I will tunnel straight for your heart我将隧道直接对你的心And I will blow this whole thing apart我会把整件事分开Don&#039,你# 039.;t be a fool whichI will find a way to youI will peel the wayPeel away the letters that you built up around youI don'm suppose to feel我# 039,I will find a way to you,你# 039,I will find a way to youYou are hidden in your shelfWhile I'我想感受When you push me away Where you do当你把我带走你I will tunnel straight for your heart我将隧道直接对你的心And I will blow this whole thing apart我会把整件事分开Don&#039.,你# 039;t easy explaining every date这是与# 039..;t be a fool which .;ll get away with thisJust look into my eyes and see that I am seriousNo,I will peel the waypeel away the letters that you built up around youI don&#39.,I will m throwing coins at the wishing well而我# 039;t feel the way我也# 039 T的感觉;t be a fool which不;T是一个傻瓜,我是认真的No;M吹吻在月球All of the secrets that you hold所有你保守的秘密Will dis-appear in one rainy afternoon将消失在一个雨天的下午Don'我想感受When you push me away Where you do当你把我带走你oh I will tunnel straight for your hear哦,Don'I&#039..;t feel the wayI&#39,I will find a way to youYou are wrapped in a cocoonWhile I'm suppose to feelWhen you push me away Where you dooh I will tunnel straight for your heartAnd I will blow this whole thing __ apartDon't be a fool which ;米扔硬币在许愿井If you think you't be a fool which ;T是一个傻瓜;t feel the wayI'm suppose to feelWhen you push me away Where you doI will tunnel straight for your heartAnd I will blow this whole thing apartDon&#39, don&#039,我会为你听到隧道直tAnd I will blow this whole thing __ apart和我会把这整件事__分开Don'm suppose to feel我# 039.;t feel the wayI'm suppose to feel我# 039;T是一个傻瓜,你建立在你的信I don&#039., don&#39.,你建立在你的信I don&#039,I will find a way to you你# 039;T是一个傻瓜;t feel the way我也# 039 T的感觉.;m suppose to feelWhen you push me away Where you doI will tunnel straight for your heartAnd I will blow this whole thing apartDon't be a fool which,I will find a way to youIt isn&#39,I will find a way to you我会找到你I will peel the way我将剥离的方式Peel away the letters that you built up around you剥离;t easy explaining every date That I will find a way to youYou have your reasons to beHided in a way that I have my reasons tooI will peel the wayPeel away the letters that you built up around youI don't feel the way我也# 039 T的感觉,I will peel the way我将剥离的方式peel away the letters that you built up around you剥离,你# 039;M吹吻在月球;T容易解释每一个约会That I will find a way to you我会找到你You have your reasons to be你有你的理由Hided in a way that I have my reasons too隐藏的方式,我会找到你It isn'm blowing kisses at the moon.;T是一个傻瓜;t be a fool which,I will find a way to you你# 039,我会找到你.;将得到这个Just look into my eyes and see that I am serious只是看着我的眼睛看到,Don&#39You are wrapped in a cocoonWhile I'm blowing kisses at the moonAll of the secrets that you holdWill dis-appear in one rainy afternoonDon&#39,你# 039
  U know  你知道么  When I was a little kid  当我还是个孩子  All I have wanted to do is to make something big at my life  我所想的就是要出人头地  And I won't be forget that I unlike to rest  我知道我永远都不甘平凡  So, check it  There's a light at the end of the tunnel  隧道的尽头有一盏灯  Humble beginnings  像是卑微的开始  In a fight to the finish  在挣扎中结束  Hangin' on with a grimace  愁眉苦脸地坚持着  Give the look of God  将希望寄予上帝  When told faith is fraud  却被告知表面的忠诚都是欺骗  'Cause you gave it all you had  你已经竭其全力  So why won't they applaud  可他们为何不为之喝彩  Wrong again  只是又一次错误的轮回  Bitter sweet,hard to stomach if you love it  当你真的爱上它很难说这感觉是苦还是甜  Not a friend  连朋友都不算  But a puppet with strings attached  却像傀儡般阴魂不散  Dance to the beat of a dying heart  伴着即将死亡的心最后的节拍起舞  Change your pace  不要离开  'Cause if I keep on movin'  因为只要我继续前进  I might fing a way  我一定会找到出路  【Refrain】  I'm alive  只要我还存在  I'll give you all my time  我将会把我所有的时间都给你  I'll put it all on the line, hey  我将会用尽一切办法
嗨  Find a way to the light  找到一条通往光明的路  Why's there gotta be a test on every breath I'm holding to make it  为什么我每次拼尽全力的努力都会遭到质疑  I'll find a way for you  我将为你找到一条路  There's a long road,  这是一条很长的路  But no one will take it  但是没有人会去打扰  I'll find a way  我终将会找到的  Why's there gotta be a test on every breath I'm holding to make it  为什么我每次用尽全力的努力都会遭到质疑  I'll find a way for you  我将为你找到一条路  There's a long road,  一条很长的道路  There's a long road,  很长很长  There's a long road,  很长很长的路  Why won't you take it  可你为什么不接受  Can you feel the nails digging deep inside of your skin  你能感受指甲深深抠进肌肤中的感觉么  Prove yourself until your dead at end,but you didn't begin  直到死都想证明自己可却无从开始  And if someone doesn't reach out ,  如果没人伸出援助之手  Soon you might lose it  不久你便会失去方向  'Cause you humbled yourself just to be proved you can do it,  因为你只是不断的放低姿态来向别人证明你能做到,  Don't do it,Don't give it up to get it back  别这么做,不到最后不要轻易言弃,  Fuck that,  叫他们去死(...邪恶了)  Put it to your chest and let your heart attack  把信念埋入胸膛让心随之律动  Come back  回来吧  I ain't done tryin',  我并没放弃努力,  You're killin' me softly with your words and  虽然你说过的话让我几欲窒息  I love dyin'  我仍会飞蝇扑火
其他类似问题
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁I'm afraid I have to go without milk in tea改错题:I ' m afraid you 'll have to go with milk in tea ,we have no milk left.1,怎么改好呢?有几处错误,为什么?2,有的说改为go without,那么此时的have to “不得不.” ,放在go without前面怎么理解句_百度作业帮
I'm afraid I have to go without milk in tea改错题:I ' m afraid you 'll have to go with milk in tea ,we have no milk left.1,怎么改好呢?有几处错误,为什么?2,有的说改为go without,那么此时的have to “不得不.” ,放在go without前面怎么理解句
改错题:I ' m afraid you 'll have to go with milk in tea ,we have no milk left.1,怎么改好呢?有几处错误,为什么?2,有的说改为go without,那么此时的have to “不得不.” ,放在go without前面怎么理解句意呢?3,we前面还要加because吧?有些人说可以省去,它能省去吗?
go without因为后面说没有牛奶了,所以前面应该是我怕你将不得不茶里不加牛奶了文档分类:
在线文档经过高度压缩,下载原文更清晰。
淘豆网网友近日为您收集整理了关于大卫·科波菲尔的文档,希望对您的工作和学习有所帮助。以下是文档介绍:大卫·科波菲尔 1 David Copperfield's childhoodI was born at Blunderstone,in Suffolk, in the east of England,and was given mypoor father's name,David Copperfield. Sadly, he never saw me He was much olderthan my mother when they married, and died six months before I was born. My father'sdeath made my beautiful young mother very unhappy, and she knew she would find lifeextremely difficult with a new baby and no husband The richest and most importantperson in our family was my father's aunt(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html]),Miss Betsey Trotwood. She had in fact beenmarried once, to a handsome young husband. But because he demanded money from her,and sometimes beat her, she decided they should separate He went abroad, and soonnews came of his death. Miss Trotwood bought a small house by the sea, and livedthere alone,with only one servant.She had not spoken to my father since his marriage,because she considered he had made a mistake in marrying a very young girl But jus(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])tbefore I was born, when she heard that my mother was expecting a baby, she cameto visit Blunder- stone.It was a cold, windy Friday afternoon in March. My mother was sitting by the fire,feeling very lonely and unhappy , and crying a little. Suddenly a stern ,strange-looking face appeared at the window.‘Open the door!’ordered the sternfacedlady. My mother was shocked,but obeyed at once. ‘You must be David Copper field'swife,’said the lady as she (来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])entered.‘I'm Betsey Trotwood. You've heard of me?’‘Yes,’whispered mother,trembling. ‘How young you are!’ cried Miss Betsey.‘Justa baby!’ My mother started sobbing again.‘I know I look like a child! I know Iwas young to be a wife, and I'm young to be a mother! But perhaps I'll die beforeI e a mother!’‘Come, come! answered Miss Betsey.‘Have some tea.Then you'llfeel better.What do you call your girl?’‘My girl? I don't know yet t(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])hat it willbe a girl,’replied my mother miserably. ‘No,I don't mean the baby,I mean yourservant!’‘Her name's Peggotty. Her first name's Clara,the same as mine, so I call her byher family name,you see.’‘What a terrible name! However, never mind. Peggotty!’she called, going to the door.‘Bring Mrs Copperfield some tea at once!’ She satdown again and continued speaking.‘You were talking about the baby. I'm sure it'llbe a girl. Now, a(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])s soon as she’ s born…’‘He, perhaps,’ said my motherbravely. ‘Don’ t be stupid, of course it’ ll be a she.I'm going to send herto school,and educate her well. I want to prevent her from making the mistakes I'vemade in life.’Miss Betsey looked quite angry as she said this.My mother said nothing,as she was not feeling at all well.‘But tell me, were you and your husband happy?’asked Miss Betsey.This made my poor mother feel worse than ever.‘I k(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])now I wasn't very sensible—aboutmoney—or cooking—or things like that!’ she sobbed.‘But we loved each other—and he was helping me to learn—and then he died!Oh!Oh!’And she fell back in herchair, completely unconscious.Peggotty, who came in just then with the tea,realized how serious the situationwas, and took my mother upstairs to bed. The doctor arrived soon afterwards, andstayed all evening to take care of his patient.At about midnight he came d(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])ownstairs to the sitting-room where Miss Betsey waswaiting impatiently.‘Well,doctor, what's the news? How is she?’‘The young mother is fortable, madam,’ replied the doctor politely.‘But she, the baby, how is she?’ cried Miss Betsey.The doctor looked strangely at Miss Betsey.‘It's a boy,madam,’ he replied.Miss Betsey said nothing,but walked straight out of the house, and never came back.That was how I was born. My early childhood was extremel(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])y happy, as my beautifulmother and kind Peggotty took care of me. But when I was about eight, a shadow passedover my happiness. My mother often went out walking,in her best clothes, with agentleman called Mr Murdstone. He had black hair, a big black moustache and anunpleasant smile, and seemed to be very fond of my mother. But I knew that Peggottydid not like him. A few months later Peggotty told me that my mother was going tohave a short holiday wi(来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])th some friends. Meanwhile Peggotty and I would go to staywith her brother Daniel in Yarmouth,on the east coast, for two weeks.I was veryexcited when we climbed into the cart, although it was sad saying goodbye to mymother. Mr Murdstone was at her shoulder,waving goodbye, as the driver called tohis horse,and we drove out of the village.When we got down from the cart in Yarmouth,after our journey,Peggotty said, ‘That's the house,Master David!’ I (来源:淘豆网[/p-2521154.html])looked allround, but could only see an old ship on the sand.‘Is that—that your brother'shouse?’I asked in delight. And when we reached it,I saw it had doors and windowsand a chimney,just like a real house. I could not imagine a nicer place to live.Everything was clean and tidy,and smelt of fish.Now I was introduced to the Peggottyfamily.There was Daniel Peggotty, a kind old sailor. Although he was not married,he had adopted two orphans, who lived with him and called him Uncle. Ham Peggottywas a large young man with a gentle smile,and Emily was a beautiful,blue-eyed littlegirl. They all ed Peggotty and me warmly. I spent a wonderfully happy two weeksthere, playing all day on the beach with Emily,and sleeping in my own little bedon the ship. I am sure I was in love with little Emily in my childish way, and Icried bitterly when we had to say goodbye at the end of the holiday. But on the wayhome to Blunderstone, Peggotty looked at me very worriedly.‘Master David,my dear,’she said suddenly in a trembling voice.‘I must tell you—you'll have to know now…While we've been away, your dear mother—has married Mr Murdstone!He's yourstepfather now!’ I was deeply shocked. I could not understand how my mother couldhave married that man.And when we arrived home, I could not help showing my motherhow very miserable I was. I went straight to my room and lay sobbing on my bed,which made my poor mother very unhappy too. As she sat beside me, holding my hand,Mr Murdstone suddenly came in. ‘What's this, Chara, my love?’ he askedsternly.‘Remember,you must be firm with the boy!I've told you before,you're tooweak with him!’‘ Oh yes,Edward,I'm afraid you're right,’ my mother repliedquickly.‘I'm very sorry. I'll try to be firmer with him.’ And when she left theroom, Mr Murdstone whispered angrily to me,‘David,do you know what I'll do if youdon't obey me? I'll beat you like a dog!’ I was still very young,and I was veryfrightened of him. If he had said one kind word to me, perhaps I would have likedand trusted him,and my life would have been different. Instead, I hated him forthe influence he had over my dear mother,who wanted to be kind to me, but also wantedto please her new husband. That evening Mr Murdstone's sister arrived to ‘help’my mother in the house. A tall dark lady, with a stern, frowning face,she lookedand sounded very much like her brother.I thought she was planning to stay with usfor a long time, and I was right.In fact,she intended to stay for ever. She startedwork the next morning. ‘Now, Clara,’ she said firmly to my mother at breakfast,‘I am here to help you. You’ re much too pretty and thoughtless to worry about theservants, the food and so on. So just hand me your keys to all the cupboards, andI'll take care of everything for you.’ My poor mother just blushed,looked a littleashamed,and obeyed. From then on,Miss Murdstone plete control of the house,keeping the keys hanging from her waist as she hurried through the house,checkingthat everything was being done just as she wished.2 David is sent away to schoolI was very unhappy during this time. Mr Murdstone insisted on my studying, and somy mother gave me lessons. In the past she and I had enjoyed our studies together,and she had taught me a lot in her gentle way. But now both Mr and Miss Murdstonewere present during my lessons, and somehow I could not concentrate or remember whatI had learnt. My poor mother was very sympathetic,and tried to encourage me,sometimeseven whispering the answer to me. But the Murdstones had sharp ears. ‘Clara,mylove! ’Mr Murdstone used to say crossly.‘Remember!Be firm!You’ re making theboy's character worse by helping him like that!’‘Oh,Edward, I'm sorry,’my motherreplied, looking embarrassed and hanging her head like a guilty child. One morningwhen I arrived in the sittingroom as usual for my lesson,I saw that Mr Murd stonehad a thin stick in his hand. I could not take my eyes off it.‘You must be very careful today, David,’ he said with his unpleasant smile, holdingthe stick in both hands. I knew what would happen then. A terrible fear took holdof me, and all that I had learnt disappeared immediately from my memory, so thatI could not answer any of my mother's questions. Mr Murdstone got up from his chair.‘Well David,’he said heavily,‘ I think you've worried your mother enough today.We'll go upstairs, boy. Come,’and he picked up the stick. I heard my mother cryingas we went upstairs. ‘Please,Mr Murdstone!’I cried. ‘Don't beat me!I've triedto learn,really I have, sir!’ But he did not listen to me. In my bedroom,he heldmy arms and started hitting me with the stick. I managed to get hold of his hand,and bit deep into it. He cried out angrily,and began to hit me as hard as he could.Abovethe noise of my screams, I could hear my mother and Peggotty crying outside the door.Then the next moment, he was gone. I heard him lock the door. And I was lying, soreand bleeding, on the floor. The whole house seemed suddenly very quiet. I stayed therefor a time, without moving. In the evening Miss Murdstone brought me some bread andmilk, which she left on the floor beside me,frowning angrily at me as she went out.I was kept locked in that room for five days and nights,and saw nobody except MissMurdstone, who brought me food but never spoke to me. To a small boy, the five daysseemed like years,and I can still remember how frightened and guilty I felt. Butduring the fifth night I heard a strange noise at the key-hole. It was Peggotty,trying to give me a message.‘Master David,my dear,’she whispered, sobbing,‘they are going to send you awayto boarding school! Tomorrow!’‘Oh Peggotty!’ I cried.‘Then I won't see you andmother very often!’‘No, my love. But don't forget, I'll take care of your mother.She needs her cross old Peggotty!I'll stay with her,although I hate these Murdstones.And remember,David, I love you as much as I love your mother,and more. And I'llWrite to you.’‘Thank you,dear Peggotty!’I whispered back, tears rolling downmy face.‘Will you write to your brother too,and Ham,and little Emily, and tellthem I'm not as bad as the Murdstones think? And send my love to them,especiallylittle Emily?’ Peggotty promised to do what I asked. The next morning Miss old me that because of my wickedness I was going away to school.She had alreadypacked my case for me. My mother was only allowed to say a very quick goodbye to me,when the horse and cart arrived The driver put my case on the cart, and we droveslowly out of Blunderstone. I was still sobbing loudly when suddenly I saw Peggottyrunning after us on the road. The driver stopped and waited for her. With difficultyshe climbed up onto the cart.‘Here, Master David!’ she cried breathlessly.‘A little present from me and yourdear mother!Take care of yourself, my dear!’She put a small purse and a paper baginto my hands,and held me so close to her fat body that I thought I would never breatheagain. Then she jumped down and ran back along the road to the village.As we continued our journey, I dried my tears and looked at what she had given me.The bag was full of Peggotty’ s special cakes, and in the purse were eight brightshilling coins. Thinking of my mother and Peggotty made me start crying again,butjust then the driver, Mr Barkis, began to talk to me. He was a large,red-faced man,who clearly found conversation difficult.‘Did she make those cakes?’ he asked slowly, having finished the one that I hadoffered him.‘You mean Peggotty, sir? Yes, she does all our cooking.’‘Does she?’ replied Mr Barkis with great interest. There was a long silence whilehe considered his next question.‘Does she have a young man?’he asked.‘You know,someone who wants to marry her?’‘Peggotty?A young man?’I repeated,surprised.‘Oh no,she's never had any youngmen.’‘Ah!’ replied Mr Barkis,looking very pleased. Again he thought for a long timebefore speaking.‘Well,’he said at last,‘ perhaps if you write to her—will you be writing to her?You could give her a message from me. You could say “Barkis is willing”. Would youdo that?’‘“Barkis is willing”,’ I repeated innocently, wondering what the message meant.‘Yes,of course. But you could tell her yourself, Mr Barkis, when you return toBlunderstone tomorrow.’‘No,no’he said,‘ no,you just give her the message. Remember,“Barkis is willing”.’After this conversation Mr Barkis pletely silent for the rest of the journey.When we arrived in Yarmouth,I bought paper at the hotel and wrote this letter toPeggotty: My dear Peggotty, I have arrived safely in Yarmouth. Barkis is willing.Please give my love to mother. Yours,David P.S. He says it's important—Barkis iswilling.In Yarmouth I was put on the long-distance coach to London,and travelledall through the night. At the coach station in London I was collected by a teacher,Mr Mell, and taken to Salem House, the school which the Murdstones had chosen forme.The school was a large old building with a dusty playground, surrounded by a highbrick wall. It looked strangely deserted. I was very surprised to find that none ofthe boys were there, and was told that they were all on holiday, and that I hadbeen sent there during the holidays as a punishment for my wickedness. The headmasterand teachers were on holiday too,all except for Mr Mell, who had to look after me.I spent a whole month in that miserable place,doing my lessons in the dirty, emptyclassroom, which smelt of old food and unwashed boys. Every evening I had to eat mysupper with Mr Mell,and then go straight to bed. The worst thing was the sign I hadto wear round my neck. It said: BE CAREFUL!HE BITES. I was only allowed to takeit off when I went to bed. Although I was extremely lonely and unhappy at this time,I was not looking forward to meeting all the other boys. I felt sure they would laughat me and especially at the sign I was forced to wear. But one day Mr Mell told methat the headmaster, Mr Creakle, had returned, and wanted to see me. So I went,trembling,to his part of the house. I realized at once that Mr Creakle lived fortably than the boys or the teachers. He was a small, fat man with a purplenose, who was sitting in an armchair with a bottle and a glass in front of him.‘So, this is the boy who bites, is it?’ he asked unpleasantly.‘I know yourstepfather, boy. He's a man of strong character,he is. He knows me,and I know him.Do you know me? Answer me,boy!’He pulled violently at my ear.‘Not yet, sir,’ I answered, tears of pain in my eyes. ‘Ah,but you soon will!Oh yes, I have a strong character too,you'll see!’ He banged his hand hard on thetable.I was very frightened,but I made myself ask the question I had been consideringfor a whole month.‘ Please, sir, I'm very sorry for what I did to Mr Murdstone.Could—could I take this sign off,before the other boys see it…’ Mr Creakle gavea sudden,terrible shout and jumped out of his chair. I did not wait to see whetherhe was going to hit me, but ran out of his room and hid in my bed for the next hour.However, the boys were not as cruel to me as I had feared. I made a friend almostimmediately, a boy called Tommy Traddles, who was known to be the unluckiest boyin the school. I was also noticed, and even smiled on, by the great James Steerforth,one of the oldest boys, at least six years older than me. He was a handsome,intelligent,curly-haired young man, who had e an important figure at the school,with greatinfluence over the younger boys.‘How much money have you got,Copperfield?’ he asked me.‘Eight shillings,Steerforth,’I answered,remembering the present my mother andPeggotty had given me.‘You'd better give it to me. I'll take care of it for you,’ he offered in a friendlyway.I opened Peggotty's purse and turned it upside-down into his hand.‘Perhaps you'd like to spend some of it now?’he suggested,smiling.‘A bottle ofwine, a tin of biscuits, a few cakes, that sort of thing?I can go out whenever Ilike, so I can buy it for you.’‘Ye-es,that’ s very kind of you, ’I said, althoughI was a little worried that all my money would disappear. When we went upstairs tobed, I realized that all my money had been spent, as eight shillings’ worth offood and drink was laid out on my bed in the moonlight. Of course I did not want toeat and drink it all by myself, so I invited Steerforth and the others to helpthemselves. The boys were very willing, and we spent a pleasant evening, sittingon our beds,whispering to each other. I discovered that the boys all hated SalemHouse, which they considered one of the worst schools in the country. They especiallyhated Mr Creakle, who was in the habit of beating them regularly with a heavy stickwhich he carried with him at all times. The only boy he dared not beat was Steerforth.I admired Steerforth even more when I heard this. When we were all too tired to stayawake, Steerforth got up to go.‘Goodnight,young Copperfield, ’ he said, puttinga hand on my head.‘I'll take care of you.’‘It’ s very kind of you,’ I replied gratefully.‘You haven’ t got a sister, have you?’he asked sleepily. ‘No, I haven't, ’I answered. ‘What a pity! If you had one, I'm sure she'd be a pretty, bright-eyedlittle girl. I would have liked to meet her.’ I thought of him a lot that night,with his laughing, hand-some face, and his careless, confident manner. I could neverhave imagined what a dark shadow he would throw over the lives of people who weredear to me. I stayed at Salem House for three more months. Although one or two ofthe teachers,like Mr Mell, were kind to us boys,and tried to teach us properly,we were too afraid of Mr Creakle and his stick to concentrate on our studies. ButTom-my Traddles and I cheered each other up if we were beaten,and I was lucky enoughto be friendly with the great Steerforth,in spite of the difference in our ages.However, my home, even with the Murdstones there, seemed a much pleasanter placethan school, and I was glad when the Christmas holidays arrived, and I was allowedto return to Blunderstone. I was a little surprised to find that my mother had a newbaby, and I could see at once that she was not well. She looked tired and worried,and very thin. But she and Peggotty were delighted to see me, although they darednot show it if the Murdstones were present. My stepfather and his sister seemed tohate me even more than before, if that were possible, and they made my life quitemiserable whenever they could. In fact, I was almost pleased when it was time toreturn to school, and see Traddles and Steerforth again. As the cart drove away,I remember my mother standing outside our house,with her baby in her arms, smilingsadly at me. That was the last time I saw her,and that is how I shall always rememberher.3 David the orphanLife went on as normal for me at school,until my birthday two months later in March.I remember that day very well. It was cold,icy weather, and we boys had to blow onour fingers and rub our hands to keep warm in the freezing classrooms. When a messagecame for me to go and see Mr Creakle, I thought that Peggotty must have sent me abirthday present,and so I hurried gladly along to his room. But there I realizedsomething unusual had happened,because it was Mr Creakle’ s wife who was waitingto speak to me. ‘David, my child, ’ she said kindly, holding my hand, ‘we allhave to accept that our loved ones can die at any moment.’ I looked at her, tryingto understand what she meant.‘I'm sorry to tell you,’she continued, ‘that your mother is dangerously ill.’There was a mist in front of my eyes, and suddenly burning tears ran down my face.I knew the truth.‘Your mother is dead,’ she said. I was already sobbing loudly and I felt I was anorphan,quite alone in the world. Mrs Creakle packed my case herself, and sent mehome on the coach for the funeral. I did not realize at the time that I would neverreturn to Salem House. When I arrived home,Peggotty met me at the door, and we criedmiserably in each other’ s arms. Mr Murdstone seemed very sad, and did not speakto me at all. Miss Murdstone, however,showed her usual firmness of character( whichshe and her brother were so proud of) by checking that I had brought all my clothesback from school. After that she showed no interest in me at all.There was a deathlystillness in the house. Peggotty took me up to the room where my dear mother's deadbody lay,with my little brother, who had died a few hours after her. Everything wasfresh and clean in the room, but I could not look at my mother's lovely face, whichwould never smile at me again, without crying. ‘How did it happen,Peggotty?’I asked, sobbing. ‘She was ill for a long time, Master David. She got worse afterthe baby was born, you see. She was sometimes unhappy and forgetful, but she wasalways the same to me, her old Peggotty. Those two downstairs often spoke crosslyto her and made her sad, but she still loved them, you know—she was so sweet andloving!I always sat beside her while she went to sleep. It made her feel better,she said. There was a short silence while Peggotty dried her eyes, then took bothmy hands in hers.‘On the last night,she asked me for some water, and then gave mesuch a patient smile!She looked so beautiful!The sun was beginning to rise, andshe put her head on my arm, on her stupid cross old Peggotty's arm, and died likean innocent child going to sleep!’ After my mother's funeral,I began to wonder whatwould happen to me. The Murdstones did not even seem to notice that I was in the house.They had told Peggotty to leave,as they did not what her as their servant any more,so Peggotty was going to her brother's in Yarmouth, until she decided what work todo next. She suggested taking me with her for a holiday, and to my surprise theMurdstones agreed. So next morning Mr Barkis appeared at the door with his cart,and Peggotty's cases were put on it. We climbed up and sat beside him. Peggotty wasnaturally a little sad to leave her old home, where she had been so happy with mymother and me, and at first she cried a little. But when Mr Barkis saw her dryingher eyes and looking more cheerful, he too began to look happier, and he whisperedto me, ‘Barkis is willing!You told her that!’ Aloud he said to Peggotty,‘Are fortable?’Peggotty laughed and said that she was.‘And are fortable,Master David?’be asked.I said that I was. Mr Barkis was so pleased with this conversation that he repeatedit many times during the journey,and Peggotty and I both had to keep giving him thesame answer.When we arrived in Yarmouth and got down from the cart,we said goodbye to Mr Barkis.Daniel and Ham Peggotty were waiting for us. Daniel and Ham were exactly the sameas I remembered them,cheerful and generous as ever, but little Emily seemed differentsomehow She was taller and prettier, but she did not want to play with me, or spendher time with me. I was rather disappointed, because I still considered she was themost beautiful girl I had ever seen, and I thought I was in love with her. Danieland Ham were very proud of her intelligence and beauty, and just smiled when shelaughingly refused to sit next to me. But they all listened with interest to my storiesof school life at Salem House. I told them about the other boys, especially thehandsome, clever Steerforth. I admired him so much that I could not stop myself tellingthem all about him. Suddenly I noticed that Emily was listening eagerly, her blueeyes shining and a smile on her lips. She blushed when she saw that we were all lookingat her, and hid her face behind her hands. ‘Emily's like me,’said Peggotty kindly,‘and would like to see David's friend Mr Steerforth.’ The days passed happily,although Emily and I did not play together as we had done before. Mr Barkis was afrequent visitor,and soon Peggotty explained to me that she had decided to marryhim. ‘I’ ll love you just as much, David, my dear, when I'm married!’ she toldme, holding me close to her.‘And I'll be able e and see you in the cart anytime I like. Barkis is a good man and I'm sure I'll be happy with him. He’ s gota nice little house,and I'll keep a little bedroom there for you to use wheneveryou want. You'll always be e e and stay!’So when I returned to Blunderstone,Peggotty had e Mrs Barkis, and I was glad to think of her in her own house,with a husband to take care of her. At home, my stepfather and his sister did notseem pleased to see me, and were clearly trying to find a way of getting rid of me.As they considered school too expensive, they finally arranged for me to start work,although I was still only ten years old, and very small for my age. I was sent toLondon,to work in a warehouse in the east of the city, near the river. My job wasto wash bottles, which would then be filled with wine, or to pack the filled bottlesin cases. I was paid only six shillings a week. There were several other boys whoworked with me,but I was the only one who had been to school. All the warehouse workerswere coarse, rough people, who were used to working in dirty conditions for longhours. No words can describe the horror I felt, when I realized what my life wasgoing to be like from now on. I was deeply ashamed at having such a job and I wasalso afraid that I would forget everything I had learnt from my mother and my teachers.I would never find friends like Traddles or Steerforth, or be able to get a betterposition in life. It was an extremely unhappy time for me. My stepfather had askedMr Quinion, the manager, to find me somewhere to stay in London,so at the end ofmy first day I was called to Mr Quinion's office and introduced to an important-looking,rather fat, middle-aged man with a head as bald as an egg. His name was Mr Micawber,and he offered me a spare room in the house he was renting with his family. I agreedto take it, and Mr Micawber and I walked home together. The Micawbers were obviouslyvery poor, but tried hard not to let this show. The house had several floors of ratherdirty,empty rooms with very little furniture. Mrs Micawber was a thin,tired-lookingwoman with a baby in her arms. The baby was one of twins,and in all my experienceof the family, I never saw Mrs Micawber without at least one of the twins. They alsohad a four-year-old son and a three-year-old daughter. Their only servant was a youngorphan girl. ‘ I never thought, ’Mrs Micawber told me sadly as she showed me myroom,‘ when I lived with Mother and Father, before I was married,that I would everbe as poor as this. But as Mr Micawber is for the moment in difficulties,I must ofcourse accept the situation. I'm afraid he owes a lot of money,but his creditorswill just have to wait! You can't get blood out of a stone, nor can anyone get anymoney at all out of Mr Micawber at present!’ I soon realized that neither Mr norMrs Micawger had ever been able to manage money.The little that Mr Micawber earnedwas not enough, either to keep his creditors happy, or to pay for the needs of hisgrowing family. So his creditors were constantly at the door, demanding payment,and meals were rather irregular in the Micawber house. Mr and Mrs Micawber's moodsvaried according to the situation. One moment Mr Micawber looked extremely miserableand depressed,the next he was brushing his shoes and singing a song before goingout. Mrs Micawber's character was similar to her hus band's. Sometimes I came hometo find her lying on the floor,with her hair undone, looking wild and desperate,but an hour later she was cheerfully eating a good supper. I lived with these kindpeople for several months, and became very fond of them. I bought my own food outof my wages,because I knew the Micawbers hardly ever had enough for themselves,and I lived mostly on bread and cheese. As they were so short of money, once or twice播放器加载中,请稍候...
该用户其他文档
下载所得到的文件列表大卫·科波菲尔.txt
文档介绍:
大卫·科波菲尔 1 David Copperfield's childhoodI was born at Blunderstone,in Suffolk, in the east of England,and was given mypoor father's name,David Copperfield. Sadly, he never saw me He was much olderthan my mother when they married, and died six months before I was born. My father'sde...
内容来自淘豆网转载请标明出处.

我要回帖

更多关于 you ll be mine歌词 的文章

随机推荐