the rest of thise wor...

当前位置: &
the rest of the world是什么意思
中文翻译世界上的其他人:&&&& hire by the week 按周雇用。 ...:&&&&n. 1.〔the rest〕其余,其他,残余部分。 2 ...:&&&& five minutes of four 差 ...:&&&&n. 1.世界;地球。 2.万物;天地,宇宙;天体。 3 ...
例句与用法He asked nothing more than civility from the rest of the world .他对别人只求礼仪。There would be dire consequences for the rest of the world .对世界其它地区,后果将不堪设想。They were scientifically and technologically greatly in advance of the rest of the world .它们在科学技术上大大超过了世界其它国家。She had now therefore nothing to do but to marry all the rest of the world .她现在除了为世上的其他人成婚匹配之外,没有什么别的事可做。We forget how small the area of europe is compared with the rest of the world .我们忘记了,以欧洲的面积与世界其他地域比较,是何等渺小。Every nucleus lives in splendid isolation, shielded from the rest of the world by its own encircling electrons .绕核旋转的电子都使每个原子核同世界的其余部分屏蔽开来。One knew nothing, except for a few monstrous legends, of the rest of the world in which one lived .当时的人除了知道少数怪异的传说而外,对于他所生活的世界以外也一无所知。Zhou was quintessentially chinese in his conviction that china's performance was morally relevant to the rest of the world .周恩来具有典型的中国气质,他坚信中国的一举一动对全世界都要发挥道义上的影响。Industrial countries'agricultural policies may be aimed at solving domestic problems, but their effects spill over onto the rest of the world .工业国的农业政策可能旨在解决本国问题,但其影响波及到了世界其他地区。There are no meaningful payments surpluses of deficits in the sense of disequilibrium flows of money between this country and the rest of the world .就这个国家与世界其余国家之间货币流动是不平衡的这个意义来说,并没有明显的国际收支顺差或逆差。更多例句:&&1&&&&&&&&&&
相邻词汇热门词汇
the rest of the world的中文翻译,the rest of the world是什么意思,怎么用汉语翻译the rest of the world,the rest of the world的中文意思,发音,例句,用法和解释由查查在线词典提供,版权所有违者必究。
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Copyright &
(京ICP备号)
All rights reserved48小时排行
大家都在看Accessibility links
China share turmoil: How it affects the rest of the world
By Andrew Walker
BBC World Service economics correspondent
Close share panel
A slump in Chinese shares has prompted stock markets across Asia, Europe and the US to fall sharply. Why is this so significant?The wider story is that China's economic growth is slowing and there are concerns that the transition to a slower and more sustainable rate of growth might be disruptive.
That was true of the period of several weeks of volatility the market experienced after it peaked in June last year. It's true this time too and the link is perhaps rather more direct now.
Why? Because the immediate sparks for the latest bout of instability were warning signs about the wider economy.
The first day when trading was suspended, figures showing a continued decline in manufacturing were one of the factors that set things rolling downhill. On the second day of suspension it was the sliding currency which raised concerns about whether it was a sign that the economy was slowing down more sharply than thought.
The direct financial impact of lower share prices in China is moderate. There is not enough foreign investment in the Chinese market for it to be a major problem. The London consultancy Capital Economics has said foreigners own just 2% of shares The issue is more about whether the financial turbulence shines a light on wider issues about the economic slowdown in China: is the economy heading for what's called a "hard landing", too sharp a slowdown?
China is now such a big force in the global economy that it would inevitably affect the rest of the world. It is the second largest economy and the second largest importer of both goods and commercial services.
The prices of many commodities have been affected, notably crude oil. It's not just about China, for sure.
Abundant supplies have been every bit as important in the oil market in the last eighteen months.
But China's problems have been a significant factor adding further downward pressure to the price of crude oil.
The price of Brent crude has fallen by about half since mid-June, when the first stage of the Chinese stock market slide began. China is such a large buyer of industrial commodities that the possibility of lower-than-expected sales to the country has also undermined the prices of copper and aluminium, for example. Gold has gained ground a little this week.
It is seen by many as a safe investment, protection against both inflation and more general financial instability. There is certainly a possibility of that kind of "safe haven" effect in other markets if the Chinese stock price falls make investors more wary about risks.
In the currency markets,
the most likely candidates are the yen and the Swiss franc.
The dollar could also be affected, though the US currency already has a strong tailwind from the Federal Reserve's interest rate policy. The Fed started to raise rates last month and that has been encouraging investors to buy dollars.
But it's a bit early to draw any firm conclusions.
Some of the currencies that investors might sell if they become more risk averse have shown some impact. Turkey, Brazil and South Africa all have problems of their own and their currencies have weakened in the last few days.
There is also some sign this week of investors putting money into safe government bonds or debts, those seen as having negligible risks of default, such as the US, Germany, the UK and Switzerland.
Those who have borrowed money to buy shares in the last year have already been hit very hard. But most people don't own shares - only one person in 30 does, according to Capital Economics.For most Chinese the wider issue is about the health of the country's economy. If China manages a smooth transition to a slower and more sustainable growth rate, it is likely to still be fast enough to generate rising living standards for most people. A more disruptive slowdown would mean many business failures and job losses.They have several options to stimulate the economy which can affect the stock markets. They could cut interest rates, they could relax the rules on bank lending or they could increase spending. They could also encourage the currency, the yuan, to fall further to stimulate exports. There are problems with these options. Anything that encourages more lending could mean more distressed borrowers in the future.
A falling currency has already fed into the stock market drama. In addition the authorities have taken steps more specifically targeted on the stock market. They have extended restrictions on large investors selling shares. State investment funds have been buying shares. These measures can have an impact but they are unlikely to provide a definitive solution.
Views vary about how healthy the Chinese economy is.
Capital Economics have been consistently relatively upbeat about China and they said in a note to clients this week: "We continue to believe that growth is more likely to pick up than weaken over coming months."But the investor George Soros is more gloomy, telling an economic forum in Sri Lanka:
"China has a major adjustment problem. I would say it amounts to a crisis. When I look at the financial markets there is a serious challenge which reminds me of the crisis we had in 2008." A crisis there would be serious for the rest of the world, particularly countries and firms that export to China.
Share this story
Top Stories
Features & Analysis1~15 CBABD &ABCDB& CABCD
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:初中英语
题型:阅读理解
完形填空。A man was walking along the street when he saw a woman struggle(奋力)with a large box. It was half in and half 1______ of her car. He was a helpful kind of man, so he went up to the woman and said, “Let me give you a hand with that box. It looks very 2______.”“That’s very kind of you,” the woman said. “I’m having a lot of 3______ with it. I think it’s struck(卡住).”“Together we’ll soon move it,” the man said. He 4______ into the back seat of the car and took hold of the other end of the box. He said, “I’m ready.” And he began to 5______ hard.For several minutes the man and the woman struggled with the box. Soon they were 6______ in the fact. “Let’s rest for a minute,” the man said. “I’m sorry, but it 7______ stuck.” A few minutes later, the man said, “Let’s try again. Are you ready?” 8______ of them took hold of the box again. “One, two, three!” the man said, and they went on with their struggle.At last, when they were very tired, the man said, “You are 9______. It really is stuck. I don’t think there’s 10______ we can get it out of the car.”“Get it out of the car!” The woman cried. “I’m trying to get it in!”1. A. in&&&&&&& B. out&&&&&&&& C. on&&&&&&&& D. off2. A. heavy&&&& B. strong&&&&& C. dear&&&&&&& D. new3. A. trouble&&& B. questions&&& C. matter&&&&& D. accidents4. A. got&&&&&& B. stepped&&&& C. came&&&&&& D. walked5. A. pull&&&&&& B. carry&&&&&& C. push&&&&&& D. lift6. A. white&&&& B. tired&&&&&&& C. red&&&&&&& D. hurt7. A.goes&&&&& B. falls&&&&&&&& C. grows&&&& D. seems8. A. Every&&&& B. All&&&&&&&& C. Either&&&&& D. Both9. A. ready&&&& B. right&&&&&&& C. clever&&&&& D. sure10. A. anything& B. anywhere&& C. any one&&&& D. any way
来源:学年度山东省泰安市九年级第一学期期中测试英语卷
题型:完型填空
完形填空。A man was walking along the street when he saw a woman struggle(奋力)with a large box. It was half in and half 1______ of her car. He was a helpful kind of man, so he went up to the woman and said, “Let me give you a hand with that box. It looks very 2______.”“That’s very kind of you,” the woman said. “I’m having a lot of 3______ with it. I think it’s struck(卡住).”“Together we’ll soon move it,” the man said. He 4______ into the back seat of the car and took hold of the other end of the box. He said, “I’m ready.” And he began to 5______ hard.For several minutes the man and the woman struggled with the box. Soon they were 6______ in the fact. “Let’s rest for a minute,” the man said. “I’m sorry, but it 7______ stuck.” A few minutes later, the man said, “Let’s try again. Are you ready?” 8______ of them took hold of the box again. “One, two, three!” the man said, and they went on with their struggle.At last, when they were very tired, the man said, “You are 9______. It really is stuck. I don’t think there’s 10______ we can get it out of the car.”“Get it out of the car!” The woman cried. “I’m trying to get it in!”1. A. in&&&&&&& B. out&&&&&&&& C. on&&&&&&&& D. off2. A. heavy&&&& B. strong&&&&& C. dear&&&&&&& D. new3. A. trouble&&& B. questions&&& C. matter&&&&&D. accidents4. A. got&&&&&& B. stepped&&&& C. came&&&&&& D. walked5. A. pull&&&&&& B. carry&&&&&& C. push&&&&&& D. lift6. A. white&&&& B. tired&&&&&&& C. red&&&&&&& D. hurt7. A.goes&&&&& B. falls&&&&&&&& C. grows&&&& D. seems8. A. Every&&&& B. All&&&&&&&&C. Either&&&&& D. Both9. A. ready&&&& B. right&&&&&&& C. clever&&&&& D. sure10. A. anything& B. anywhere&& C. any one&&&& D. any way
来源:学年广东执信中学七年级上学期期中考试英语试卷
完形填空Once, a king showed two men a large basket(篮子) in the garden. He told them to fill it with water from a well(井). After they &1&&their work, he left them, saying, “When the sun is down, I will come and see your work.”At last, one of them said, “What’s the use of doing this foolish(愚蠢的) work? We can &&2&&fill the basket.”& The other man answered, “That is &&3&&of your business.” The first man said. “You may do as you like, but I’m not going to work at something so &&4&.” He &&5&&his bucket and went away. The other man said no word, and kept on carrying &6&. Finally, the well was almost &&7&.As he poured(倒) the last bucket(桶) of water into the basket, he saw a bright thing in it. He picked it &&8&. It was a beautiful gold ring. Just then the king came. &&9 _&he saw the ring, he knew that he had found the kind of man he wanted. He told him to keep the ring for himself. “You &&10&&so well in this little thing,” he said, “that now I know I can believe you with many things.”【小题1】A.finishedB.didC.beganD.had【小题2】A.everB.neverC.easilyD.no【小题3】&A.noneB.noC.notD.no one【小题4】A.cleverB.foolishC.easyD.funny【小题5】A.picked upB.put awayC.took awayD.threw away【小题6】A.waterB.basketC.wellD.work【小题7】A.fullB.emptyC.filledD.clean【小题8】A.upB.downC.ofD.on【小题9】A.WhileB.As soon asC.BeforeD.Since【小题10】A.didB.will doC.was doD.were do
来源:学年江苏省泰州市九年级3月练习英语试卷(解析版)
完形填空:
A group of class friends successful in their careers
got together to visit their old university professor. Their talk soon turned
into complaints about&&1 &&in work and life.
Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the
kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and a couple of(几个) 2 &&——porcelain(瓷的),& plastic(塑料的),&
glass,& crystal(水晶的),& some common,&&3 &expensive
and some delicate (精美的)-telling them to help themselves to the
coffee.
When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the
professor said, &If you noticed,all the nice-looking expensive cups were
taken up, leaving behind the common and&&4 &ones. While
it is&&5 &&for you to choose only the best for
ourselves, that is the __6 &of your problems and stress. The cup
itself&&7 &&no quality to the coffee.&&&8
&&all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you
consciously (自觉地) went&&9 &&the
best cups. And then you began eyeing other people’s cups. Now consider this:
life is the&&10 &&; the jobs, money and position in
society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain life, and the
type of cup which we have will not &11 &the quality of life we
live. Sometimes, by fixing our attention only on the cup, we&&12 &to
enjoy the coffee which God (上帝) has &13 &for
us. God brews(冲泡) the coffee, not the cups...Enjoy your
coffee!&
The happiest people don't have the best of everything.
They just&&14 &&the best use of everything.
Live &&15 &. Love generously.
Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
1.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.changes&&&&&&& B.duties&&&&&&&&& C.experiences&& D.stress
2.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.cups&&&&&&&&&& B.pans&&&&&&&&&& C.bowls&&& D.cans
3.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.others&&&&&&&& B.some&&&&&&&&&& C.another& D.other
4.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.fashionable&&&&& B.cheap&&&&&&&&& C.expensive D.nice-looking
5.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.wise&&&&&&&&&& B.important&&&&&& C.natural&& D.necessary
6.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.use&&&&&&&&&&& B.disagreement&&& C.answer&& D.cause
7.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.waves&&&&&&&&& B.reduces&&&&&&& C.adds D.leads
8.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.As&&&&&&&&&&&& B.What&&&&&&&&&& C.That D.Which
9.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.for&&&&&&&&&&& B.into&&&&&&&&&&& C.by&& D.on
10.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.tea&&&&&&&&&&& B.water&&&&&&&&& C.wine& D.coffee
11.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.remove&&&&&&& B.beat&&&&&&&&&& C.change&&& D.enjoy
12.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.fail&&&&&&&&&&& B.succeed&&&&&&& C.wish& D.try
13.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.sold&&&&&&&&&& B.gave&&&&&&&&&& C.bought&&& D.provided
14.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.keep&&&&&&&&& B.say&&&&&&&&&&& C.make D.do
15.&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A.wildly&&&&&&&&& B.simply&&&&&&&&& C.specially&& D.successfully
来源:2012届度山东省泰安市九年级第一学期期中测试英语卷
完形填空。
A man was walking along the
street when he saw a woman struggle(奋力)with a large box. It was half in and half
1______ of her car. He was a helpful kind of man, so he went up to the woman
and said, “Let me give you a hand with that
box. It looks very 2______.”
“That’s very kind of you,” the woman said. “I’m
having a lot of 3______ with it. I think it’s
struck(卡住).” “Together we’ll soon move it,” the man said. He 4______ into
the back seat of the car and took hold of the other end of the box. He said, “I’m ready.”
And he began to 5______ hard.
For several minutes the man and
the woman struggled with the box. Soon they were 6______ in the fact. “Let’s rest for a minute,” the man said. “I’m
sorry, but it 7______ stuck.” A few minutes later, the man
said, “Let’s try again.
Are you ready?” 8______ of them took hold of the
box again. “One, two, three!” the man said, and they went on with their struggle.
At last, when they were very
tired, the man said, “You are 9______. It really is
stuck. I don’t think there’s 10______ we can get it out of the car.” “Get it out of the car!” The woman cried. “I’m
trying to get it in!”
1. A.
in&&&&&&& B.
out&&&&&&&& C.
on&&&&&&&& D. off
2. A.
heavy&&&& B. strong&&&&& C.
dear&&&&&&& D. new
3. A. trouble&&&
B. questions&&& C. matter&&&&& D.
accidents
4. A.
got&&&&&& B. stepped&&&& C.
came&&&&&& D. walked
5. A.
pull&&&&&& B.
carry&&&&&& C.
push&&&&&& D. lift
6. A.
white&&&& B.
tired&&&&&&& C. red&&&&&&&
D. hurt
A.goes&&&&& B.
falls&&&&&&&& C.
grows&&&& D. seems
8. A.
Every&&&& B.
All&&&&&&&& C.
Either&&&&& D. Both
9. A.
ready&&&& B.
right&&&&&&& C.
clever&&&&& D. sure
A. anything& B. anywhere&& C. any one&&&& D.
any way
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 the rest of this 的文章

随机推荐