and through the raintow...

当前位置:
>>>A group of frogs were travelling through the woods, and two ..
A group of frogs were travelling through the woods, and two of them fell into a deep pit(坑). When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that they were as good &&小题1:&&dead. The two frogs didn't listen to the others and tried to jump out of the pit with all小题2:&might The other frogs kept &小题3:&&(tell) them to stop. Finally, one of the frogs heard what the other frogs were saying and gave &&&小题4:&, so he died.&&The other frog went on jumping as hard as he &小题5:. Once again, the other frogs cried at him and told him&&to stop and just allow himself to die. He jumped even &小题6:&and &&小题7:& (final) made himself out. When he got out, the other frogs said, "Didn't you hear us?" The frog explained to them that something was wrong with his hearing. He thought they &&小题8:&&(encourage) him the whole time.There is power of life and death in the tongue. An encouraging word to someone &&小题9:&is down can lift him or her up and help them make it through the day. Be careful of &小题10:&you say. Speak life to those who cross your path. The power of words — anyone can speak bad words that rob another of the spirit to go on in difficult times. But an encouraging word can go such a long way.
题型:完形填空难度:中档来源:不详
小题1:as&&小题2:their小题3:telling小题4:up小题5:could小题6:harder小题7:finally&&小题8:were encouraging小题9:who小题10:what试题分析:两只青蛙掉到井里后,拼命地想跳出来。别的青蛙都认为这是不可能的,一只青蛙听从了大家的建议从而放弃了努力,最后死在井里了。而另一只耳聋的青蛙却以为大家在鼓励他们,不懈的努力,终于跳了出来。故事告诉我们语言有决定人生死的力量,我们要正确看待和使用它。小题1:as 。 固定短语“as good as ”意思是“等于;和……一样好”,故答案填as。小题2:their。根据情景可知这两只青蛙是使劲往外跳,名词前应该有限定词,从语境判断填their。小题3:telling。固定短语:keep doing sth“一直做某事”,故答案填telling,小题4:up。故事中其他的青蛙都劝这两只青蛙不要白费劲,根据前句内容one of the frogs heard …..判断这只青蛙听从别的青蛙的话,就放弃了,固定短语 “give up”放弃,答案填up。小题5:could。固定短语:as …as sb can “尽某人所能”,文章是过去时态,所以填could。小题6:harder。由语法结构可以判断jump后填副词,而even用来修饰比较级,再根据The other frog went on jumping as hard as he…..可以判断填harder。小题7:finally 。&从句子结构可知此处是修饰全句的,应该用副词,答案填finally。小题8:were encouraging。此处指当这两只青蛙在井里的时候,耳聋的青蛙认为大家在鼓励他们,所以应该用过去进行时,答案填were encouraging。小题9:who。根据结构判断此处是定语从句,从句中缺少主语,而先行词是someone,故填who。小题10:what。介词of后面是宾语从句,从句中缺少say的宾语,故填what。
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“A group of frogs were travelling through the woods, and two ..”主要考查你对&&序数词&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
序数词的概念:
表示顺序的数称为序数词。如:first, second, third, fourth。序数词的构成与用法:
1、序数词的构成:①一般来说,是由相应的基数词加词尾th构成。&& 例:four+th→fourth&&&&&&&&&& six+th→sixth &&&&&&&&&& seven+th→seventh&&&&&&&&&& ten+th→tenth②下面这些基数词在变为序数词时,有特殊的变化。例:one→first&&&&&&& two→second&&&&&&& three→third&&&&&&& five→fifth&&&&&&& eight→eighth&&&&&&& nine→ninth&&&&&&& twelve→twelfth③十位整数序数词的构成方法是将基数词的词y变成i,然后再加eth。例:twenty→twentieth&&&&&&& thirty→thirtieth&&&&&&& forty→fortieth&&&&&&& ninety→ninetieth④两位或两位以上的基数词变成序数词时,仅将个位数变成序数词。例:twenty-one→twenty-first&&&&&&& thirty-five→thirty-fifth&&&&&&& a hundred and fifty-three→a hundred and fifty-third2、序数词的用法:①序数词在使用时,一般加上定冠词。例:the first book&&&&&&& the second floor&&&&&&& the third day&&&&&&& the fourth week.②序数词在多数情况下都用作定语,有的也可以作表语、主语和宾语。例:The may1st is Labour Day. 五月一日是劳动节。&&&&&&& My room is on the second floor. 我的房间在二楼。&&&&&&& The first is larger than the secon.(主语)第一个比第二个大。&&&&&&& Read the book from the first.(宾语)从开头读这本书。&&&&&&& You'll be the sixth to write.(表语)你将是第六个写的。③序数词的前面可以加上不定冠词,用来表示“再一”,“又一”的意思。例:You may have a third try. 你可以第三次尝试。序数词知识体系:
&约数的表达方法:
用tens/dozens/scores/hundreds/thousands/millions&of 表示“几十、几百、上千、成千上万”等。 如:The&boy&bought&dozens&of&pencils.&& &&&& &&&& &&&&&& &Thousands&of&people&died&in&the&earthquake. 注意: (A):dozen,&score,&hundred,&thousand,&million等表示确切数量时,不用复数。 如:five&dozen&(of)&eggs&&&五打鸡蛋&&&&&&& hree&hundred&people& 三百个人
分数词的构成和用法:
1)分数词构成法:分数词(FractionalNumerals)由基数词和序数词构成,基数词代表分子,序数词代表分母。除了分子为1的情况下,序数词都要用复数形式:如:1/4:one-fourth&&&&&&& 5/9:five-ninths&&&&&&& 2/3:two-thirds&&&&&& 17/5:three and two-fifths&&&&&&&7/12:seven-twelfths&&&&&& 379/8:forty-seven and three-eighths此外还有下面表示法:如:1/2:a(one) half&&&&&&& 1/4:a(one) quarter&&&&&&& 3/4:three-quarters&&&&&&& 9/4:two and a quarter&&&&&&& 3/2:one and half &&&&&&& 31/4:seven and three quarters
发现相似题
与“A group of frogs were travelling through the woods, and two ..”考查相似的试题有:
432327372249417340433479356917397191英语翻译A brave womenMrs.Anne Sterling did not think of the risk she was taking when she ran through the forest after two men.They had rushed up to her while she was having a picnic at the edge of the forest with her two children and tried to steal her handbag.In the struggle_百度作业帮
英语翻译A brave womenMrs.Anne Sterling did not think of the risk she was taking when she ran through the forest after two men.They had rushed up to her while she was having a picnic at the edge of the forest with her two children and tried to steal her handbag.In the struggle the strap broke and with the bag in their possession,both men started running through the trees.Mrs.Sterling got so angry that she started running after them.She was soon out of breath but she continued to run.When she caught up with them,she saw that they had sat down and were going through the contents of her bag,so she ran straight at them.The men got such a fright that they dropped the bag and ran away.‘The strap needs mending,’ said Mrs.Sterling later,‘but they did not steal anything.’Questions:Where was Mrs.Sterling having a picnic?Who was she with?How did she get her handbag back?What had happened to the handbag?Have you ever had anything stolen?回答也要翻译
题目翻译:A brave women 一位勇敢的女士.内容翻译:斯特林女士在穿过森林去追赶两位男士的时候,并没有考虑到她所面临的危险.在森林边上,斯特林女士正在和她的两个孩子野餐的时候,两个男人向她冲了过去,试图偷她的手提包.在挣强中,包包的带子断了,包包因此落到了两个男人的手里.他们便开始向丛林跑去.斯特林女士异常恼火以至于她开始追赶他们.不久她便上气接不上下气,但是她没停下来,而是继续追赶.当她追赶上他们的时候,她看到他们坐了下来并且在翻包包里面的东西.所以她向他们跑去.两个男人看到这一幕,异常吃惊,他们扔下了包包,仓皇而逃.包包得修理一下,斯特林女士后来说,但是他们什么也没偷走.问题翻译:斯特林女士在哪里野餐?她和谁在一起?她是怎么拿回她的包包的?包包发生了什么情况?你曾经也被偷过东西吗?回答与回答翻译:1.Mrs.Sterling was having a picnic at the edge of the forest 斯特林女士在森林边上野餐2.She was with her two children.她和她的两个孩子在一起3.She ran after the two men and got the bag back.她追赶那两个男人并且拿回了包包4.the strap of the bag broke but nothing was stolen at last.包包的带子断了,但是包包的东西没被偷走.5.yes,my bike was stolen once and I got it back with the help of the police.是的,我的自行车曾经被偷过,后来在警察的帮助下,我找到它.
这几年徳。。。
1.At the edge of the forest.2.her two children.3.She ran after them,and caught up with them,then frightened them away.4.It's strap is broken.5.最后一问是问你有被盗过(被偷过东西)?是就回答:Yes,I have.没有...
1.在森林边缘。2.和她两个孩子。3.她追着那两个人,赶上了他们,然后她吓走了她们(最后拿回了包)4.包上的带子断了。5.你懂的!!!
那文章翻译
我晕啊,那我得打多少字啊!!!~~~ edge是 边缘,边上 的意思。
求你了,我急,你可以电脑翻译后改下,但是不要电脑翻译发给我,我给你加分,求你求你
Where was Mrs. Sterling having a picnic?They had rushed up to her while she was having a picnic at the edge of the forest Who was she with?with her two children How did she get her...
一个勇敢的女人安妮Sterling太太没有考虑她当她穿过森林追赶两个男人的风险。他们向她冲来,而她与她的两个野餐森林边缘的在有一个孩子想偷她的。在手提包的带断了,落在他们手里,他们拔腿跑进了树林。斯特林夫人非常气愤,她开始追赶他们。她很快就气喘吁吁了但她继续跑。当她赶上他们时,她发现他们已经坐了下来,要她通过包的内容,于是她直冲过去。男人们吓了一跳,扔下提包逃跑了。'带需要修理,”Sterling...
一个勇敢的女人 夫人 她所冒的风险在她穿过森林时,在两人之后,安妮斯特林认为。他们已经跑到她和她的两个孩子去野餐的时候在森林的边缘,想偷她的手提包。在斗争的带子断了,在他们身上的包,两人开始跑步穿过树林。夫人 英镑在他们后,气得她开始运行。 她很快就上气不接下气,但她继续运行。当她赶上他们时,她发现他们已经坐下并且正在翻她的包的内容,所以她跑他们。男人了一跳,他们把提包逃跑。 '说太太,背带需要修...
你自己不会看
您可能关注的推广回答者:Passports and Pushchairs | Traveling the World with kids in tow!
Ready to go for our GOES interview. We left the sword at home!
A month or so ago my husband decided to apply for , which would make reentering after his business trips abroad easier, faster and less stressful. Global Entry is a U.S. government program that allows for expedited service for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States, and it is $100 for 5 years (although some credit cards, like Amex Platinum, and Delta platinum and diamond medallion members can choose it as a benefit).
So, I thought about it, and decided it was worth the $300 to apply for global entry for myself and F and L. Often when we return from traveling overseas it is late and they are tired, and waiting in line at passport control, even when relatively short, can test even the best of tempers. And if a parent has global entry they can not take their child through without their own global entry as well, so we couldn’t let my husband get through more quickly than we could!
The program is open to U.S. citizens and lawful residents, Dutch citizens, South Korean citizens and Mexican nationals. Canadian citizens and residents can obtain Global Entry benefits through membership in the NEXUS program. It is also open to children under 18 with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. While you need both parents permission to obtain a passport for a minor you only need one parent/legal guardian to attend the GOES interview. The process was infinitely easier than .
The first step is, creating an online id for each member of the family, and each member of the family must apply separately, so when you apply for your children it is best to apply for yourself first, followed up with each child. I found that I had to log off after each person, and reload the site, which may have been a quirk that day or a quirk in the site all the time.
The online application is simple, and will ask for basic information, including your name, email, prior addresses for the last 10 na
dat passport number and date of
current employment status an and a list of the foreign countries you have visited in the last 5 years. It was not a problem that I used my email address for all 3 applications. You will also have to pay the $100 application fee to submit the application.
Once the applications are done you will receive an email with a conditional approval, at which time you can log back in to your account and schedule your appointment at a . We have two near us, and chose the one at the airport, and I looked at the calendar to find a date that had 3 times in a row, and quickly booked all 3 of us in succession. You will have to log in as each person to book the individual times, so don’t book any of them until you get all 3 of your conditional approval emails. Ours came within a day or two, and came within a few hours of each other.
They require you to bring a few things to your interview – your passport, your approval letter (which is printed off their secure site), and proof of current address, which can be a drivers license, mortgage statement, etc.
When we arrived I signed in, handed all 3 of our passports over, and we were called back very quickly. I was told to sit down, and had F and L sit on the floor next to me, although a different agent came over and took L with her to the next cubicle to take her photo and fingerprints. I could hear their conversation and she was very good with her, which was good because I was unsure how my feisty 3 year old would do!
I was asked exactly one question –
my job, had my photo taken, then had to do my fingerprints, which took longer than I expected since my fingerprints are apparently not very good. I had to sign a form stating that I had never been convicted of a crime, but they never asked anything about either child. They did F next, and told me they have a hard time with children’s fingerprints sometimes, but had no issue with either of my kids. I asked if they needed to see my license or the printed out letter and was told no to both (but I would bring them to be on the safe side). He explained how to use the kiosks and that was it!
Within 10 minutes all 3 of us were done, we walked out of there, and by the end of the day we had received our approvals. Next step is receiving our cards, which then have to be activated on their GOES site as well. We will be using the kiosks in January upon our return from Prague and the UK, so we will see if it was worth the time and money!
This entry was posted in
Hopping back on the A to Z bandwagon, even though I am several, okay more than several, letters behind. But, here we go!
G is for gas. Petrol for those of you who don’t live in the US. It may seem like an odd choice for G but for those of us who travel outside the US and rent cars in other countries it is, in fact, quite important.
See, one time I went on a trip with my parents. To Slovenia, Ljubljana to be exact. It was an amazing trip, I wasn’t gone for long, so it was a of travel for just a few days, but well worth it. I would say the entire country is still relatively untapped, although I hear more about it than ever before, so if you want to visit a country that is still charming to the core then I say get yourself there pronto.
After a few days there we were driving on to Venice for a night, on my birthday, and we happily hopped in a rental car and headed out. My dad, a very well versed traveler who should have known better, filled up the car with gas and off we went.
And here is my tip of the day – always, always check to see what you should be putting into your vehicle. Because when it is diesel and you put unleaded gasoline in nothing good comes from it. In fact the car stops pretty quickly. Which ours did.
We spent my birthday in a small town while we had the gasoline siphoned out of our car, eating lunch in a restaurant where the walls were covered in posters of naked women, and while we could have been frustrated it was one of those experiences where you look around you, in a small town in Slovenia, and count your blessings to even be able to travel. And so, on my birthday we did that.
We made it to Venice, and the rest of our trip was great, but nothing can top the story that is now part of our family legacy…and what we always think to check when we get a rental car before we put gas in it!
Check back tomorrow to see what else we will have on our A to Z Challenge!
This entry was posted in
I started this blog as a way to document the fun, and challenges, of traveling with our kids, while hopefully helping others with tips we have learned along the way. I will never be one of the big family travel bloggers (although I will keep trying!) and I realize my site has a lot of work that could be done to it, but at the end of the day I am really happy to be doing it for two reasons – F and L. Finn, and Lila, to be exact.
I have only referred to them by F and L on here for the past year, and will probably continue to do so for brevity sake, but today, with my attempt to catch up with the A to Z challenge, it is all about F, so all about Finn.
Finn was born to be a traveler. He has wanderlust in his blood and adventure in his spirit. There is never a time when he isn’t up for a road trip or a plane ride, when he doesn’t get just as excited as we do to plan our next holiday. He took his first plane ride at 8 weeks, and his first international trip at 12 weeks, to Portugal and Spain. He screamed endlessly in a square in Porto and slept peacefully on me throughout Galicia.
His first transatlantic flight was at 4 months, in business class, where he wooed the flight crew and won over our fellow passengers, who cringed when they saw us board.
He has been to 8 countries and 20 states, with more on the horizon. He may not have traveled all of the world yet, but for a just turned 6 year old I would say he has done pretty good. He yearns to learn about other cultures, about other countries.
Finn motivates us to continue what we are doing, to show our kids there is so much more to the world than the bubble we live in. I can’t wait to see where the years ahead of us take him, and I hope we are always along for the ride!
Check back tomorrow to see what else we will have on our A to Z Challenge!
This entry was posted in
When we first got married we had racked up an impressive number of countries that we had visited, both together and separately, and knew that we wouldn’t let marriage, or children, slow that down.
Well, the children slowed it down a little, but not as much as we could have allowed it to. But having a family and wanting to show them the world meant reevaluating destinations we had already visited and deciding whether they were worthy of a revisit, only this time with little ones in tow.
A few trips kept popping to the top of the list, but one in particular always came to mind – our trip to the Baltic. Specifically Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. This trip was intended as a follow up ‘honeymoon’ as our first honeymoon, to Morocco, was shorter than we would have liked, out of necessity of needing to get back to silly things like jobs and grad school. As we were planning it I realized I knew very little of the cities we were heading to, and knew even less what to expect once we got there.
12 days later we headed home to London, satiated with a love of all things Baltic, from the history to the people to the culture. And while we thoroughly enjoyed the capital cities of ,
and , it was some of the sites we saw off the beaten path that left the greatest impression.
The first, which I have , was the
in Lithuania, about 3 hours from Vilnius. The sheer amount of crosses was mind blowing, and the history behind it even more so. There is a distinct air of peace to the area, and even to the most non-religious there is an ethereal feeling when standing there.
Hill of Crosses, LithuaniaHill of Crosses, Lithuania
In Estonia we made a stop in , a cute beach town less than 2 hours from the cruise port of Tallinn. This popular beach destination for locals is less touristy than the capital, but has the same distinct feel to it, and is a great way to see more of Estonia.
As we drove through Latvia we drove through smaller towns, soaking in the culture of a country that remains, relatively speaking compared to much of Europe, fairly untouched. It reminded us that some of the best trips we take are the ones where we veer off the touristy roads and onto ones that may not hold well known landmarks but can still create incredible memories.
This doesn’t mean we would go back and skip Tallinn, Riga or Vilnius, they are cities definitely worth a second exploration, to discover the very things that made us fall in love with them the first time.
Cathedral in VilniusTallinn’s Main SquareTown Hall area of Riga
Where have you been that you would love to show to your children?
Check back to see what else we will have on our A to Z Challenge!
This entry was posted in
Recent Posts
Proud To Be A Part Of Passports With Purpose!
Categories

我要回帖

更多关于 through the rain 的文章

随机推荐