what have you donethey made...

扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
下载作业帮安装包
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
— What have they ma
— What have they made up their minds to do during the summer vocation?&&& — They ______ to cycle around the country on their own.&&&
A.are determined&& B.are decided&& C.have determined&& D.have been decided
加菲42日92
扫二维码下载作业帮
拍照搜题,秒出答案,一键查看所有搜题记录
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码Etsy Shop Suspended! What You Need to Know | Handmadeology
In the last two years, my Energy Shop on Etsy has evolved from a hobby into a second income for my family. However, last week and without warning, my shop was suspended by Etsy’s administration.
Etsy Shop Suspended! What You Need to Know
Etsy Shop Suspended! What You Need to Know
In the last two years, my Energy Shop on Etsy has evolved from a hobby into a second income for my family. It’s been a great success, and because it’s an important part of my livelihood I have always been careful to honor Etsy’s terms of use. However, last week and without warning, my shop was suspended by Etsy’s administration.
This is how it happened: About one week before my shop was deactivated, Etsy’s integrity department sent me a questionnaire which included 3 parts and about 15 questions. The person who wrote it thanked me for my time and for being part of the community. The email went on to explain that they had reason to believe I wasn’t complying with their rules. It was made clear that I needed to defend myself, but they did not state what they were accusing me of.
At the Energy Shop, my jewelry is handmade by me in my home, and I have one person working for the shop who does all of my shipping and handling from their home. I thought I was complying with all of the rules on Etsy, so I was very confident in filling out and returning the integrity report. They required receipts for my supplies, pictures of my workspace, and photos of myself and the person who works with me. I had the entire questionnaire filled out and returned practically upon receipt. The day after I returned the investigative report, I received a reply that thanked me for my response. Case closed, or so I thought.
One week later and without notice, Etsy deactivated the Energy Shop. The email stated:
“Unfortunately, your shop does not appear to qualify for the Etsy marketplace. We are a venue for independent artists to sell their own handmade goods as well as Vintage items and Craft Supplies.
As your items do not appear to meet the criteria to sell on Etsy, your shop has been deactivated.”
And that was that. I’m not going to lie, I actually wept. I had invested two years of dedicated work and tens of thousands of dollars. All of that vanished in an instant, and my site was replaced with this message :
“Uh oh! A stitch has gone awry. This page is temporarily down. Please check back later.”
I replied to the suspension email as calmly as I could, begging for them to tell me what had happened. I still had no idea what I had done wrong! I frantically started searching for a phone number that I I wanted to square things away as fast as possible. I found a corporate listing for Etsy’s Brooklyn office through an internet search, but it went straight to voicemail stating that they don’t respond to phone calls.
Stunned, I was forced to sit down, wait for their reply, and let sink in what had happened. To be honest, I felt betrayed! Not only had I built this successful shop on Etsy, I had brought hundreds of customers to the community. I’ve paid thousands of dollars in fees. I have ruthlessly promoted the site and the promise of success to its sellers on . And with a single click of the mouse, they erased me.
Over the next 24 hours, Etsy admin replied to me, sending one excruciatingly vague piece of information at a time. They were accusing me of “drop shipping” because my shop announcement stated, “Handmade in New Zealand, shipping out of Pittsburgh.” In my integrity report, I verified that I was outside of the country at a military address, and I did make everything by hand in New Zealand and ship stock packages to Pittsburgh.
Etsy’s Do’s and Don’ts are 29 pages long and made up of 10,918 words. About halfway through those 29 pages, I found this bullet point: “Drop shipping is not permitted. All items must be shipped under the direct supervision of the seller.”
From Wikipedia: “Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer.”
Technically, I feel the accusation they have made against the Energy Shop could be argued–there is no outside manufacturer or wholesaler involved. However, I don’t care to ever discuss my operation with Etsy admin again, so I have decided to comply with their request and ship the stock I sell on Etsy myself. After about 24 hours down, the Energy Shop was reactivated .
The point of this story is not to bash Etsy as a selling platform. This was a wake-up call for me, and I wanted to turn it into a friendly warning for you. I thought I owned my small business, but by having my only presence on Etsy, it turns out that I didn’t. Etsy owns the shops they host, and they reserve the right to manage them however they choose.
Think about it, if your shop was suddenly closed on you right now–without warning or explanation, what would you lose? How many hours invested in your listings? How many positive reviews? How much of your hard-earned credibility?
If you’re serious about your small business, you might want to see Etsy as your starter house, not your permanent home. Here are some things to consider:
Buy a Domain Name. In January, I received some advice to purchase the domain for my name and my business’ name. I took it to heart, and for $9.90, I purchased . When my Etsy shop was closed, I was Thankful (with a capital T) that I had a domain name handy. You can browse and buy domain names at the website, .
Keep a copy of your testimonials. If you only sell on Etsy and your site is removed, how much credibility would you lose? For the time my site was down, I had nothing to prove that I have repeatedly exceeded the expectations of thousands of customers. In fact, I looked really suspicious to the community! Where had I gone? What act of integrity had I violated?! You have worked hard to build your credibility, so keep a hard copy of your testimonials on file.
Keep a folder of item pictures. I restock (renew) previous listings often, and each time I do, I appreciate that I don’t have to take pictures and build descriptions. Those tasks take up a solid chunk of my valuable time! I’ve spent hundreds of hours on my listings and photography, when suddenly, they vanished. I shudder to think what would have happened to all of my work had Etsy admin reviewed my case differently.
Have an emergency exit strategy. Have a back-up plan, just in case. Because I want my business to expand, I had the feeling I might outgrow Etsy. I’m always willing to have a look at e-commerce sites to see what they have to offer, and I love to check out other sellers’ independently-owned websites.
The day I was suspended, I chose to set up a shop with the e-commerce host, . I signed up for a free trial and started building listings immediately.
I’m new at Retailr, but I think I’m in love. Everything I’ve been wishing for on Etsy (size and color drop-downs, more coupon options, the ability to accept credit cards, etc.) seems to be available. I was able to easily transfer my pre-purchased domain name to the new site. Not only that, I like that they keep shop owners up-to-date with new developments on their .
For the record, I’ve always been happy to pay the Etsy fees for hosting my shop, just as I’ve always been happy to pay the Paypal fees for collecting my money. However, the more you sell on Etsy, the more you pay. Like I said, I’ve been sending them hundreds of dollars every month, but as I’m reviewing my new business plan, my hosting fees are about to be drastically reduced.
On Retailr, I pay a flat-rate hosting fee. It’s $19 per month to list 100 items (in unlimited stock). Which means, I don’t pay individual listing fees, I don’t give anybody a cut of my sales, and nothing expires.
Finally, when my shop was suspended and I had nowhere to turn, I felt scared and powerless. I want to leave you with some resources in case you ever find yourself in a similar situation. If you need help, here are some more places to turn:
You can start by filing a case with the . They serve the community (free of charge) and can help protect you against unwarranted and unexplained actions.
If things get out of hand, or if you fear losing a serious amount of work and investment, you might consider contacting a small business attorney for representation. You can Google this and find a reputable businessperson in your area, or you can contact larger groups of lawyers who handle online commerce at affordable prices, such as:
Don’ I’m not leaving Etsy … yet. However, I am taking charge of my small business. In the future, I will be sure that no one can come along and hang the “Closed” sign on my website without my permission.
Until next time and all the best, Lisa
Hey Timothy here:
I have been selling on Etsy since 2007. (!) The day I started my shop I had my own domain ()but never sold items on it.
It is mainly just a gallery to show off my work then point people to my Etsy shop.
I have been on the search for the perfect platform to start selling my metal work on my own domain, but I have never found the right platform with the right mix of options to supplement my Etsy shop.
About a month ago I received an email from the founders of
letting me know about their site and what they had to offer. I checked out all the options, features ,and pricing, and to my surprise they offered everything I had been looking for.
Here are just a few features that really stood out to me.
Things I have been looking for!
Founders that came from a handmade / design background (understands the handmade community)
Extremely affordable pricing (1/5 of my Etsy monthly bill)
Very good clean design (multiple designs and design flexibility)
Easy Checkout system with no login required
Etsy product import (huge time saver)
Integrated blog
Social media connections and promoting
Reports ( sales, coupons, products, customer)
You can check out my metal shop there.
Check out even more details
on Handmadeology.
Do you have a similar story you would like to share with the Handmadeology readers? Fill out the form below and we will be in touch.
[si-contact-form form='1']一键安装桌面版,查词翻译快三倍
选择要添加的生词本
(与大量名词连用,表示做动作、说某事等)做出,作出
You can use make with a wide range of nouns to indicate that someone performs an action or says something. For example, if you make a suggestion, you suggest something.
I'd just like to make a comment...
我只想稍加评论。
I made a few phone calls...
我打了几个电话。
(与某些名词连用)把…做(好),把…搞(糟)
You can use make with certain nouns to indicate that someone does something well or badly. For example, if you make a success of something, you do it successfully, and if you make a mess of something, you do it very badly.
Apparently he made a mess of his
audition...
看样子他把试镜搞砸了。
Are you really going to make a better job of it this time?
这一次你真的能做得更好吗?
摆出…的姿态;做出…的样子
If you make as if to do something or make to do something, you behave in a way that makes it seem that you are just about to do it.
Mary made as if to protest, then hesitated...
玛丽好像要抗议,却又犹豫了。
He made to chase Davey, who ran back laughing.
他假装要去追赶一边往回跑一边大笑的戴维。
(在板球、棒球、橄榄球比赛中)得(分)
In cricket, if a player makes a particular number of runs, they score that number of runs. In baseball or American football, if a player makes a particular score, they achieve that score.
He made 1,972 runs for the county.
他为本郡赢得了1,972分。
将就使用;凑合着用
If you make do with something, you use or have it instead of something else that you do not have, although it is not as good.
Why make do with a copy if you can afford the genuine article?...
要是买得起真品,为什么还要拿复制品来凑合呢?
We're a bit low on bed linen. You'll have to make do.
我们的床单有些次,您将就着用吧。
装作;假装;模仿
If you make like you are doing something, you act as if you are doing it, and if you make like someone, you act as if you are that person.
Bob makes like he's a fish blowing bubbles.
鲍勃装成一条吐泡泡的鱼。
CAUSING OR CHANGING
If something makes you do something, it causes you to do it.
Grit from the highway made him cough...
公路上扬起的沙子呛得他咳嗽起来。
The white tips of his shirt collar made him look like a choirboy...
衬衫的白色尖领使他看上去像个唱诗班的男童。
If you make someone do something, you force them to do it.
Mama made him clean up the plate...
妈妈要他把盘子洗干净。
You can't make me do anything...
你不能强迫我做任何事情。
使成为(某种人或物);使具有(某种特性)
You use make to talk about causing someone or something to be a particular thing or to have a particular quality. For example, to make someone a star means to cause them to become a star, and to make someone angry means to cause them to become angry.
...James Bond, the role that made him a star...
詹姆斯·邦德——这个使他一举成名的角色
returned to Chicago, and made it his base for the rest of his life...
他回到了芝加哥,在那里度过了余生。
使显得;使看上去
If you say that one thing or person makes another seem, for example, small, stupid, or good, you mean that they cause them to seem small, stupid, or good in comparison, even though they are not.
They live in fantasy worlds which make Euro Disney seem uninventive...
他们生活在幻想的世界里,相形之下连欧洲迪士尼乐园都显得毫无创意。
Since he came to live with me, we have been subject to a campaign of spite and revenge which makes Lady Sarah appear angelic by comparison.
自从他来与我同住,我们之间便摩擦不断;相比之下,萨拉夫人倒显得一副菩萨心肠。
使自己(被理解、听见、知晓等)
If you make yourself understood, heard, or known, you succeed in getting people to understand you, hear you, or know that you are there.
Aron couldn't speak Polish. I made myself understood with difficulty...
阿伦不会说波兰语,我为了让他明白我的话很是费了一番力气。
He almost had to shout to make himself heard above the music.
为了压过音乐声,他几乎得大声喊才能让人听见。
If you make someone something, you appoint them to a particular job, role, or position.
Mr Blair made him transport minister...
布莱尔先生任命他为交通部长。
If I am made chairman, I hope Simon will stay on as my trusted lieutenant.
如果我当主席,我希望西蒙作为我信赖的副官,继续留在我的身边。
把…变成;使…成为
If you make something into something else, you change it in some way so that it becomes that other thing.
We made it into a beautiful home...
我们把这里变成了美丽的家园。
Her bestseller 'Peachtree Road' is soon to be made into a television mini-series.
她的畅销小说《桃树路》不久将被拍成一部电视系列短剧。
使(总数)升为;使(分数)达到
To make a total or score a particular amount means to increase it to that amount.
This makes the total cost of the bulb and energy ?27...
这使灯泡与电费合计为27英镑。
Lupescu scored from 20 yards and then Balint made it 4-0.
卢佩斯库在20码处射门得分,接着巴林特将比分扩大为4比0。
交(朋友);树(敌);结(仇)
When someone makes a friend or an enemy, someone becomes their friend or their enemy, often because of a particular thing they have done.
Lorenzo was a natural leader who made friends easily...
洛伦佐是天生的领袖,善于交友。
He was unruly in class and made an enemy of most of his teachers.
他因上课调皮捣蛋而成为大多数老师的眼中钉。
If someone makes something of themselves or makes something of their life, they become successful.
My father lived long enough to see that I'd made something of myself...
父亲在有生之年见证了我出人头地的那一天。
The nuns who taught him urged him to make something of his life and he did.
教他念书的修女激励他努力上进,他最终取得了成功。
CREATING OR PRODUCING
制造;建造;创造
To make something means to produce, construct, or create it.
She made her own bread...
她自己做面包。
Nissan now makes cars at two plants in Europe...
目前日产公司在欧洲有两家工厂生产汽车。
拍摄(电影);制作(电视节目)
If someone makes a film or television programme, they are involved in creating or producing it.
We are making a film about wildlife.
我们正在拍摄一部关于野生动物的影片。
...the film 'Queen Christina', made in 1934.
1934年出品的影片《克里斯蒂娜女王》
做(饭);准备(饮料)
If you make a meal or a drink, you prepare it.
You wash while I make some lunch...
你洗一下,我去做午饭。
Would you like me to make us all a coffee?
我给大家冲杯咖啡好吗?
写(便条);记(笔记);列(名单)
If you make a note or list, you write something down in that form.
Mr Perry made a note in his book...
佩里先生在他的书上作了一个注解。
Make a list of your questions beforehand.
事先列出你的问题。
制定,规定(规则、法律等)
If you make rules or laws, you decide what these should be.
The police don't make the laws, they merely enforce them...
警察并不制定法律,只是负责执行。
The only person who makes rules in this house is me.
这座房子里就我说了算。
挣(钱);赚(钱)
If you make money, you get it by working for it, by selling something, or by winning it.
I think every business's goal is to make money...
我认为各家公司的目的都是赚钱。
How much did we make?...
我们挣了多少?
(某事物)使(其他事物)变得成功
If something makes something else, it is responsible for the success of that thing.
What really makes the book are the beautiful designs.
真正让这本书大获成功的是它精美的设计。
(汽车、收音机等的)品牌
The make of something such as a car or radio is the name of the company that made it.
The only car parked outside is a black Saab — a different make.
停在外面的只有一辆黑色的萨博——不是一个牌子的车。
...a certain make of wristwatch.
某种品牌的手表
(可能以非法或不道德手段)拼命追求金钱(或权力)
If you say that someone is on the make, you disapprove of them because they are trying to get a lot of money or power, possibly by illegal or immoral methods.
LINK VERB USES
连系动词用法
有资格成为;足以成为
You can use make to say that someone or something has the right qualities for a particular task or role. For example, if you say that someone will make a good politician, you mean that they have the right qualities to be a good politician.
She'll make a good actress, if she gets the right training...
如果训练得当,她会成为一名出色的演员。
You've a very good idea there. It will make a good book...
你构思很好,可用来写一本佳作。
组成;形成;排列成
If people make a particular pattern such as a line or a circle, they arrange themselves in this way.
A group of people made a circle around the Pentagon.
一群人在五角大楼四周围成一圈。
You can use make to say what two numbers add up to.
Four twos make eight...
4乘以2等于8。
He is adding three aircraft carriers—that makes six in all.
他准备增加3艘航空母舰,这样一来总共就有6艘。
ACHIEVING OR REACHING
成为…的一员;加入;谋得(高级职务)
If someone makes a particular team or makes a particular high position, they do so well that they are put in that team or get that position.
The athletes are just happy to make the British team...
运动员们很乐意加入英国国家队。
He knew he was never going to make director.
他明白自己永远也当不了导演。
赶到;(及时)到达
If you make a place in or by a particular time, you get there in or by that time, often with some difficulty.
They were trying to make New Orleans by nightfall.
他们力图在黄昏前赶到新奥尔良。
(及时)到达(尤指来得及做某事)
If you make it somewhere, you succeed in getting there, especially in time to do something.
So you did make it to America, after all.
那么,你终究还是成功地来到了美国。
...the hostages who never made it home...
再也没能重返家园的人质
(经历艰难困苦后)成功
If you make it, you are successful in achieving something difficult, or in surviving through a very difficult period.
I believe I have the talent to make it...
我相信自己有成功的天分。
You're brave and courageous. You can make it.
你勇敢无畏,一定会获得成功。
及时赶上参加
If you cannot make it, you are unable to attend an event that you have been invited
'I can't make it,' she said. 'That's Mother's Day.'...
“我无法赴约了,”她说,“那天是母亲节。”
He hadn't been able to make it to our dinner.
他没能出席我们的晚宴。
STATING AN AMOUNT OR TIME
报出数字;显示时间
算,猜(数字)
You use make it when saying what you calculate or guess an amount to be.
All I want to know is how many T-shirts Jim Martin has got. I make it three...
我就想知道吉姆·马丁一共有多少件T恤衫。我猜他有3件。
I make the total for the year ?9,599.
我算出当年的总额为9,599英镑。
(根据自己的表)时间为…
You use make it when saying what time your watch says it is.
I make it nearly 9.30...
我的手表显示快9点半了。
'What time d'you make it?' — 'Thirteen past.'
“你的表几点?”——“整点过13分钟。”
PHRASAL VERBS
词霸Android版
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
牛津词典免费使用! 立刻扫码下载
创建新的生词本
i该生词本已经创建啦!
i不可以出现中文,英文,数字之外的符号哒!
i生词本名称长度不能大于24字符!