that isbook is worth ...

当前位置:
>>>I’m interested in _________the book is worth reading.A.ifB..
I’m interested in _________the book is worth reading.A.ifB.if or notC.either of notD.Whether
题型:单选题难度:中档来源:不详
D试题分析:句意:我对这本书是否值得一读感兴趣。if、whether 均表示“是否”的意思。但在介词前常用whether 而不用if 。故选D。
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“I’m interested in _________the book is worth reading.A.ifB..”主要考查你对&&宾语从句&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
宾语从句:在句子中起宾语作用的从句叫做宾语从句。宾语从句分为三类:动词的宾语从句,介词的宾语从句和形容词的宾语从句。宾语从句连接代词主要有:who, whom ,whose ,what ,whoever ,whomever ,whosever, whatever, whichever 等。 宾语从句的特点:1.宾语从句可以作及物动词、介词及形容词的宾语。2.宾语从句的语序一律用陈述句语序。3.连接词that引导宾语从句在句中无词义,不充当句子成份,多数情况下可以省略。4.whether 和 if 都可引导宾语从句,但 whether后可紧跟or not;whether从句可作介词的宾语。5.如果从句太长,可以用形式宾语it.
宾语从句的时态:1.主句是一般现在时,从句根据实际情况使用任何时态。例句:The headmaster hopes everything goes well.2.主句是过去时态,从句须用过去时态的某种形式。例句:She was sorry that she hadn’t finished her work on time.3.当宾语从句表示的是一个客观真理或者事实时,即使主句是过去时,从句也用一般现在时态。例句:The teacher told his class that light travels faster than sound.4.&如果从句的动作发生在主句之前,则从句要用过去完成时态。&宾语从句的语序:A. 宾语从句必须用陈述语序。    False: He is wondering when can he finish this difficult job.    Right: He is wondering when he can finish this difficult job. B. 有时候可以用it 作形式宾语,而把真正的宾语从句放在后面。     Bad: I thought that he could finish this job in just two hours impossible.    Good: I thought it impossible that he could finish this job in just two&hours. &C. 带有宾语从句的复合句的否定形式一般是否定主句。 Bad: I think he doesn’t like the English teacher.    Good: I don’t think he likes the English teacher.&D.&&主句一般过去时态,从句也要用过去时态。 False: He wanted to know why he is crying in the corner.    Right: He wanted to know why he was crying in the corner
宾语从句的否定转移: 主句的谓语动词是think,believe,imagine,suppose,consider,espect,fancy,guess等。并且主句的主语是第一人称而且为一般现在时,从句的否定词一般要转移到主句上来,其反义疑问句一般与宾语从句一致。I don’t think he will come to my party.而不能说成I think he won’t come to my party. 我认为他不会来我的舞会. I don’t believe that man is killed by Jim,is he? 我认为那个人不是Jim所杀的,是不是? 如果宾语从句中有某个含有否定意义的形容词或副词,其反义疑问句要用肯定形式。We find that he never listens to the teacher carefully,does he? 我们发现他从来不仔细听老师讲课,是不是? 宾语从句中引导词的用法比较在复合句中作主句的宾语,引导词有:连词:that (that 常可省略),whether, if代词:who, whose, what ,which副词:when ,where, how, why 等。(一)that引导的宾语从句(在非正式场合that可以省略)1.可跟that从句做宾语的动词有:say, think, insist, wish, hope, demand, imagine, wonder, know, suppose, see, believe, agree, admit, deny, expect, explain, order, command, feel, dream, suggest, hear, mean, notice, prefer, request, require, propose, declare, report等。例句:The boy believes that he will travel through space to other planets.注意事项:当主句谓语动词是 think, believe, suppose, expect 等词,而宾语从句的意思是否定时,常把否定转移至主句表示。例句:I don’t think it is right for him to treat you like that.2.在以下情况中that不能省略a.当句中的动词后接多于两个由that引导的宾语从句时,第一个that可省,但后面的that不可省。例句:He said (that) you were too young to understand the matter and that he was asked not to tell you.b.当主句的谓语动词与that宾语从句之间有插入语时,that一般不可省。例句:Just then I noticed, for the first time, that our master was wearing his fine green coat and his black silk cap.c.当that从句是双宾语中的直接宾语时,that不可省。例句:I can’t tell him that his mother died.d.注:许多带复合宾语的句子,that引导的宾语从句经常移到句子后部,而用it作形式宾语。例句:I find it necessary that we should do the homework on time.(二)由whether,if 引导的宾语从句1.由whether(if)引导的宾语从句,实际上是一般疑问句演变而来的。意思是“是否”。宾语从句要用陈述句语序。一般说来,在宾语从句中whether与if可以互换使用,但在特殊情况下if与whether是不能互换的。例句:I wonder whether(if) they will come to our party.2.只能用whether,不能用if引导的宾语从句a.在带to的不定式前例句:We decided whether to walk there.b.在介词的后面例句:I’m thinking of whether we should go to see the film.c.在动词后面的宾语从句时例句:We discussed whether we had a sports meeting next weekd.直接与or not连用时例句:I can’t say whether or not thet can come on time.3.只能用if不能用whether引导的宾语从句a.if引导条件状语从句,意为“如果”例句:The students will go on a picnic if it is sunny.b.if引导否定概念的宾语从句时例句:He asked if I didn’t come to school yesterday.c.引导状语从句even if(即使)和as if(好象)时例句:He talks as if he has known all about it.
if,whether在宾语从句中的区别 a.if和whether在作“是否”解时,引导宾语从句常放在动词know,ask,care,wonder,find out等之后,介词后一般不用if b.少数动词,如:leave,put,discuss,doubt后的宾语从句常用whether.&c. whether后可以加or not,但是if不可以. d.在不定式前只能用whether. (如:I can’t decide whether to stay. 我不能决定是否留下。) e.避免歧异时,我们常用whether而不用if.(三)连接代词和连接副词引导的宾语从句这样的宾语从句实际上是由特殊疑问句变化而来的,宾语从句要用陈述句语序。用于这种结构的动词常常是:see, say, tell, ask, answer, know, decide, show, find out, imagine, suggest, doubt, wonder, discover, understand, inform, advise等。1.英语中的连接代词有:who,whom,whose,which,what,在句中担任主语、宾语、定语或者表语。例句:Can you tell me whom you are waiting for?2.英语中的连接副词有:when,where,why,how,在句中担任状语的成分。例句:None of us knows where these new parts can be bought.简化宾语从句常用六法:方法一:当主句谓语动词是hope, decide, wish, choose, agree, promise等,且宾语从句的主语与主句主语一致时,宾语从句可简化为不定式结构。例如:Li Ming hopes he will be back very soon.→Li Ming hopes to be back very soon.We decided that we would help him. →We decided to help him.方法二:当主句谓语动词是know, learn, remember, forget, tell等动词,且主句主语与从句主语一致时,宾语从句可简化为“疑问词+不定式”结构。例如:She has forgotten how she can open the window.→She has forgotten how to open the window.注:当主句谓语动词是tell, ask, show, teach等动词,且后带双宾语,从句主语和间接宾语一致时,宾语从句可简化为“疑问词+不定式”结构。例如:Could you tell me how I can get to the station? →Could you tell me how to get to the station?方法三:当主句的谓语动词是order(命令),require(需要)等时,如果主句和从句的主语不一致,宾语从句可简化为“名词(代词)+不定式”结构。例如:The headmaster ordered that we should start at once. → The headmaster ordered us to start at once.方法四:某些动词后的宾语从句,可以用介词加动名词(短语)等其他形式简化。例如:He insisted that he should go with us.→He insisted on going with us.The poor boy doesn’t know when and where he was born.→The poor boy doesn’t know the time and the place of his birth.方法五:某些动词后面的宾语从句可转化为“宾语+V-ing形式(作宾语补足语)”结构。例如:Liu Ping found that there was a wallet lying on the ground.→ Liu Ping found a wallet lying on the ground.方法六:动词seem后的宾语从句,也可以用不定式(短语)来简化,但句型需要进行适当的变化。例如:It seemed that the boys were going to win. →The boys seemed to win.除上述方法外,还有一些特殊句式的转化。例如:I found that it was difficult to learn English well. →I found it difficult to learn English well.Soon we found that the ground was covered with thick snow. →Soon we found the ground covered with thick snow.They found that the box was very heavy. →They found the box very heavy&
发现相似题
与“I’m interested in _________the book is worth reading.A.ifB..”考查相似的试题有:
28297829317726797994227317028319121The Definitive C Book Guide and List - Stack Overflow
to customize your list.
Announcing Stack Overflow Documentation
We started with Q&A. Technical documentation is next, and we need your help.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced developer, you can contribute.
To follow the example of
for C Books here is a wiki post for organization.
A tag search for "C" and "Books" returns no complete book list results as of writing this question.
That search is
This post is to providing QUALITY books and an approximate skill level. Maybe we can add a short blurb/description about each book that you have personally read / benefited from. Feel free to debate quality, headings, etc.
locked by ♦
This question's answers are a collaborative effort: if you see something that can be improved, just edit the answer to improve it! No additional answers can be added here
Reference Style - All Levels
- Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie
- Samuel P. Harbison and Guy R. Steele
- Peter Prinz, Ulla Kirch-Prinz
- Andrew R. Koenig (Bell Labs)
- Steve Summit
- Stephen Kochan
- Stephen Prata
- K. N. King
- Al Kelley/Ira Pohl
(Free Online) - Mike Banahan, Declan Brady and Mark Doran
- Steve Oualline
- Paul Deitel & Harvey M. Deitel
David & Dawn Griffiths
Intermediate
(Free PDF) - Axel-Tobias Schreiner
- David R. Hanson
- Alan R. Feuer
- P.J. Plauger
- Ben Klemens
- Robert Sedgewick
- Kenneth Reek
- Naveen Toppo, Hrishikesh Dewan
- Richard M Reese
Above Intermediate
- Peter van der Linden
- John W. Perry
- Richard W. Stevens
Uncategorized Additional C Programming Books
(Free PDF) - Nick Parlante
(Free PDF) - Derek M. Jones
I'd like to make an anti-recommendation.
Under no circumstances should you read any books by .
In particular, you should stay away from .
Zed Shaw's tutorial for beginners who aim for modern practices, with a focus on safety and security.
is available online.
I think Zed's preamble covers it better than I could:
How To Read This Book
This book is intended for programmers who have learned at least one other programming language. I refer you to
if you haven't learned a programming language yet. Those two books are for total beginners and work very well. Once you've done those then you can come back and start this book.
For those who've already learned to code, this book may seem strange at first. It's not like other books where you read paragraph after paragraph of prose and then type in a bit of code here and there. Instead I have you coding right away and then I explain what you just did. This works better because it's easier to explain something you've already experienced.
Because of this structure, there are a few rules you must follow in this book:
Type in all of the code. Do not copy-paste!
Type the code in exactly, even the comments.
Get it to run and make sure it prints the same output.
If there are bugs fix them.
Do the extra credit but it's alright to skip ones you can't figure out.
Always try to figure it out first before trying to get help.
If you follow these rules, do everything in the book, and still can't code C then you at least tried. It's not for everyone, but the act of trying will make you a better programmer.
The book is not for the faint of heart: ! But
it does not try to shield you from the truth, but exposes the gory details right there and then and explains how to cope with them.
by P.J. Plauger.
It contains complete source code to an implementation of the C89 standard library along with extensive discussion.
It was very influential to my C programming style.
As a library it is much more accessible than, say, STL.
I think the knowledge you're looking for is to be found not in books about C but in books and articles about system design.
These are fairly thin on the ground, unfortunately.
You might consider
by Barbara Liskov and John Guttag (not the newer Java-based version by Liskov alone).
It is an undergraduate text but has some ideas worth thinking about.
Books from the late 1970s and early 1980s by Yourdon and Myers on structured design (one is called .
For an example of how to organize a big C project as a bunch of useful libraries, you can't beat
by Dave Hanson.
Basically Hanson took all the code he'd written as part of building
and pulled out the best bits in a form that other people could reuse for their own projects.
It's a model of good C programming using modern design techniques (including Liskov's data abstraction).
141k41288466
Can't believe I don't see " Thinking in C" by
here. A classy book, lucid language, simple thoughts and deep understanding. The book is totally worth it. Every page has worthy content and it never for once got boring for me. A smooth learning makes this book suitable for one and for all.
The book also has a brainstorming question set with an answer book.
The Practice of Programming (Addison-Wesley Professional Computing Series)- Brian W. Kernighan Paperback. I think it's a very good book to accompany K&R.
And this too:
Algorithms in C, Parts 1-5 (Bundle): Fundamentals, Data Structures, Sorting, Searching, and Graph Algorithms (3rd Edition) (Paperback)
by Robert Sedgewick
My 2 cents.
Here is a bunch of ACCU-reviewed books on
(116 title) and
(76 titles). Much of these don't look to be on the main site anymore (which you can't browse by subject anyway).
by Peter Prinz is an excellent book if you need reference for C99.
is an intermediate level book. If you have other C Advanced books then this is not an ideal book to buy but its definitely worth going through once.
To be a C expert, you'd better read the "". "" and "" may help you to understand the C standard better.
Having read the same books, hopefully I can help with a few more:
by Steve Summit
by Alan R. Feuer
And finally a good cookbook-like one from comp.lang.c contributors:
by Heathfield et. al.
26.2k1598172
by Bradley L. Jones: very good introductory stuff
by Ivor Horton: gives a very good explanation of pointers using lots of small but complete programs
Intermediate
by Robert Sedgewick: gives you a real grasp of implementing algorithms in C;
you will probably throw away all your algorithms books and keep this one
by Eldad Eilam: for those who want to test the limit of their ethics
If you don't mind introductory programming books that give lots of good tips and best practices, I recommend the Deitel & Deitel books such as C++: how to program.
Not sure if the C one is in print.
The index is very good and serves as a decent reference, just not fully comprehensive.
Beginner: , by Johnsonbaugh & Kalin
Intermediate: , by Esakov and Weiss
Above Intermediate:
Great book about scientific use of programming languages.
Advanced C.: Food for the Educated Palate
by Narain Gehani
One of my favourite C books, great on pointers, pointers to functions and a variety of advanced topic such as how stuff is stored in memory, dynamic memory, stack usage, function calling and parameter passing etc. Assumes you have a good grasp of 'C' to start with.
: is also a good book. Its not ideal or anything. But for intermediate programmers, its definitely worth practising programs written in this book.
Above intermediate:
industry standard published and maintained by the Motor Industry Software Reliability Association. (C89)
Although this isn't a book as such, I would strongly recommend every experienced C programmer to read and implement it. MISRA-C was originally intended as guidelines for safety-critical applications in particular, but it applies to any area of application where stable, bug-free C code is desired (who doesn't want less bugs?). MISRA-C is becoming de facto-standard in the whole embedded industry and is getting increasingly popular even in other programming branches. There are two publications of the standard, one from 1998 and one from 2004, where the latter is the active, relevant one.
Abstraction and Specification in Program Development by Barbara Liskov and John Guttag is a great resource to start learning C!
protected by
Thank you for your interest in this question.
Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10
on this site (the ).
Would you like to answer one of these
Not the answer you're looking for?
Browse other questions tagged
Stack Overflow works best with JavaScript enabled 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
英语中动词的用法总结
下载积分:3000
内容提示:英语中动词的用法总结
文档格式:DOC|
浏览次数:0|
上传日期: 19:56:54|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
英语中动词的用法总结
官方公共微信a blog about genomes, DNA, evolution, open science, baseball and other important things
Amazon’s $23,698,655.93 book about flies
A few weeks ago a postdoc in my lab logged on to Amazon to buy the lab an extra copy of Peter Lawrence’s The Making of a Fly – a classic work in developmental biology that we – and most other Drosophila developmental biologists – consult regularly. The book, published in 1992, is out of print. But Amazon listed 17 copies for sale: 15 used from $35.54, and 2 new from $1,730,045.91 (+$3.99 shipping).
I sent a screen capture to the author
– who was appropriate amused and intrigued. But I doubt even he would argue the book is worth THAT much.
At first I thought it was a joke – a graduate student with too much time on their hands. But there were TWO new copies for sale, each be offered for well over a million dollars. And the two sellers seemed not only legit, but fairly big time (over 8,000 and 125,000 ratings in the last year respectively). The prices looked random – suggesting they were set by a computer. But how did they get so out of whack?
Amazingly, when I reloaded the page the next day, both priced had gone UP! Each was now nearly $2.8 million. And whereas previously the prices were $400,000 apart, they were now within $5,000 of each other. Now I was intrigued, and I started to follow the page incessantly. By the end of the day the higher priced copy had gone up again. This time to $3,536,675.57. And now a pattern was emerging.
On the day we discovered the million dollar prices, the copy offered by
was1.270589 times the price of the copy offered by . And now the bordeebook copy was 1.270589 times profnath again. So clearly at least one of the sellers was setting their price algorithmically in response to changes in the other’s price. I continued to watch carefully and the full pattern emerged.
Once a day profnath set their price to be 0.9983 times bordeebook’s price. The prices would remain close for several hours, until bordeebook “noticed” profnath’s change and elevated their price to 1.270589 times profnath’s higher price. The pattern continued perfectly for the next week.
But two questions remained. Why were they doing this, and how long would it go on before they noticed? As I amusedly watched the price rise every day, I learned that Amazon retailers are increasingly using algorithmic pricing (something Amazon itself does on a large scale), with a number of companies offering pricing algorithms/services to retailers. Both profnath and bordeebook were clearly using automatic pricing – employing algorithms that didn’t have a built-in sanity check on the prices they produced. But the two retailers were clearly employing different strategies.
The behavior of profnath is easy to deconstruct. They presumably have a new copy of the book, and want to make sure theirs is the lowest priced – but only by a tiny bit ($9.98 compared to $10.00). Why though would bordeebook want to make sure theirs is always more expensive? Since the prices of all the sellers are posted, this would seem to guarantee they would get no sales. But maybe this isn’t right – they have a huge volume of positive feedback – far more than most others. And some buyers might choose to pay a few extra dollars for the level of confidence in the transaction this might impart. Nonetheless this seems like a fairly risky thing to rely on – most people probably don’t behave that way – and meanwhile you’ve got a book sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Unless, of course, you don’t actually have the book….
My preferred explanation for bordeebook’s pricing is that they do not actually possess the book. Rather, they noticed that someone else listed a copy for sale, and so they put it up as well – relying on their better feedback record to attract buyers. But, of course, if someone actually orders the book, they have to get it – so they have to set their price significantly higher – say 1.27059 times higher – than the price they’d have to pay to get the book elsewhere.
What’s fascinating about all this is both the seemingly endless possibilities for both chaos and mischief. It seems impossible that we stumbled onto the only example of this kind of upward pricing spiral – all it took were two sellers adjusting their prices in response to each other by factors whose products were greater than 1. And while it might have been more difficult to deconstruct, one can easily see how even more bizarre things could happen when more than two sellers are in the game. And as soon as it was clear what was going on here, I and the people I talked to about this couldn’t help but start thinking about ways to exploit our ability to predict how others would price their books down to the 5th significant digit – especially when they were clearly not paying careful attention to what their algorithms were doing.
But, alas, somebody ultimately noticed. The price peaked on April 18th, but on April 19th profnath’s price dropped to $106.23, and bordeebook soon followed suit to the predictable $106.23 * 1.27059 = $134.97. But Peter Lawrence can now comfortably boast that one of the biggest and most respected companies on Earth valued his great book at $23,698,655.93 (plus $3.99 shipping).
This entry was posted in , . Bookmark the . Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
21 Trackbacks
Michael Eisen
I'm a biologist at UC Berkeley and an Investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. I work primarily on flies, and my research encompases evolution, development, genetics, genomics, chemical ecology and behavior. I am a strong proponent of open science, and a co-founder of the . And most importantly, I am a Red Sox fan. (More about me ).I can be reached at: mbeisen at berkeley.eduand
on Twitter
Recent Posts
Categories

我要回帖

更多关于 that is 的文章

随机推荐