Youwhat should youtake som...

Why you should travel young & Converge
Send to Email Address
Your Name Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Email check failed, please try again Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.candidate said she acted instinctively when she smacked her masked son in the face and dragged him home from riots over the .
The video of Toya Graham and her 16-year-old son Michael after she was seen on many live news broadcasts taking him away from the
that led to more than 200 arrests, looting and fires Monday night, weeks after the
died after suffering mortal injuries while in police custody.
The mother of six can be seen in the video telling her son to “take his f***ing mask off,” and “get over here now,” as she chases him away from the other teens.
A citywide curfew went into effect in Baltimore after rioting over the death of 25-year-old Freddie Gray, but many people did not clear the streets.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. ‘I Don’t Want Him to Be a Freddie Gray’
Graham, known only as the “mother in yellow” and “mom of the year” until Tuesday, gave her .
Graham said she was stunned by what she saw when the protests hit the streets near her home. Graham told CBS News:
I could see the objects being thrown at the police, and I was like in a awe, like, oh my God, this is really happening right here with me. And low and behold, I turn around and I look in this crowd, and my son is actually coming across the street with this hoodie on and a mask. At that point, I just lost it, and he gave me eye contact, and at that point – not even thinking about cameras or anything like that.
That’s my only son, and at the end of the day, I don’t want him to be a .
But to stand up there and vandalize police officers, that’s not justice. I’m a single mom, and I have six children, and I just choose not to live like that no more, and I don’t want that for him.
Graham, a single mom, is the assistant manager at the Powell Recovery Center, an in-patient alcohol and drug treatment center in Baltimore.
“I was angry, I was shocked. You never want to see your child out there doing that,” she told CBS.
More than 200 people have been arrested and nearly 150 cars set on fire as protesters clash with police over over the death of Freddie Gray, who died in police custody.
2. The Police Commissioner Said More Mothers Should Be Like Her
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Betts (Getty)
Baltimore City Police Commissioner Anthony Batts mentioned Graham , saying he saw a mother disciplining her son and taking him away from the rioting. He applauded her actions.
“And if you saw in one scene, you had a mother who grabbed their child who had a hood on his head and she started smacking him on the head because she was so embarrassed,” Batts said. “I wish I had more parents who took charge of their kids tonight. I think these were youth coming out of the high school and they thought it was cute to throw cinder blocks at the police department and address it that way.”
Graham that she thinks strong mothers could help stop the violence. Graham told CBS News:
I think it wouldn’t have been as worse as it was. But once again, we don’t know where those mothers (were) at. A lot of mothers have to provide for their children. You can make that phone call ‘get home, get home right now.’ At the end of the day, they’re going to make their own decision. As parents, we just have to follow through to make sure that’s where they’re supposed to be at.
A local parents group
to raise money for her:
I have seen Online Fundraiser pages for some things that are not worth giving two cents to fund.
This video is an example of the kind of parent who the kind of parent who prays for her child’ the kind of parent who’d rather use tough love, up front, than to have to visit her child in prison.
Think what you may of the hitting, but it’s equivalent to snatching your 2 yr-old by the neck to keep him from running across a busy street… to save his life.
My family would like to personally donate to this mom, because she represents the kind of parent who would do whatever it takes to save her son.
She didn’t care about the cameras, she cared about her son!
We write this as a family of color with careers in law enforcement, but more importantly, we write this with love for the mothers and the fathers who will not stand for foolishness!
There is a safer way to protest your concerns, but rioting and looting are not the way!
Kudos to her.
Protesters and police clashed during violent demonstrations in Baltimore over the death of Freddie Gray. See photos here.
3. She Talked About Violence in Baltimore After a Murder in Her Neighborhood
Toya Graham didn't go to work today. She heard the gunshots and found the victim in the 4700 blk of Wilern Ave.
& Cheryl Conner (@CherylfromABC2)
Graham knows first-hand about the violence that plagues her West Baltimore neighborhood. In August 2014 she heard gunshots and went outside her home, where she found a dying gunshot victim.
“Soon we’re not even going to be able to walk out of our doors,”
at the time. “That was somebody’s child, and it’s real overwhelming that somebody takes somebody’s life like that and he was just left there.”
On Tuesday, she , “there are some days that I shield him in the house just so he won’t go outside. I know I can’t do that for the rest of my life. He’s 16 years old, you know, he’s into the streets.”
Graham said, “Is he the perfect boy? No he’s not! But he’s mine. I’m just grateful that I was able to get him hom,e and we actually sit back and watched the news and everything. He has Facebook friends, and everybody making comments and saying you know, you shouldn’t be mad at your mother, you should give her a hug, and by him seeing everything what’s going on I just hope, I’m not sure, but I hope that he understands the seriousness of what was going on last night.”
Volunteers hit the streets of Baltimore to cleanup and survey the damage after rioting, looting and vandalism broke out over the death of Freddie Gray.
4. She Saw Her Son Among Teens Throwing Rocks at Police
Toya Graham (Screengrab/ABC 2)
, Graham came to get her son after seeing him among a group throwing rocks at police along. The news station says “that didn’t sit well with her.”
“To stand up there and to vandalize police officers, that’s not justice,” .
Her son, Michael, told her that his instinct was to run when he first saw her.
“I’m a no tolerance mother. Everybody who knows me knows I don’t play that, you know what I mean. … He knew he was in trouble,” Graham said.
5. Baltimore Police Had Asked for Parents to Come Get Their Kids
Protesters gather near Mowdamin Mall as an armored police vehicle moves through the area. Protesters were seen on video throwing objects at that vehicle. (Getty)
Several juveniles are part of these aggressive groups. WE ARE ASKING ALL PARENTS TO LOCATE THEIR CHILDREN AND BRING THEM HOME.
& Baltimore Police (@BaltimorePolice)
Most of the rioting in the city began when a large group of high school students began confronting police Monday afternoon after school. The protests and rioting escalated to looting and vandalism, and the age of those participating also went up.
According to police, the majority of the more than 200 arrests on Monday were adults. There were 34 juveniles arrested.
A 20-year-old Detroit man was fatally shot by a federal agent who was serving him with a warrant at his father's house on April 27.
Tom Cleary
is a reporter and editor for . Tom was a breaking news reporter at the
and an editor at the
and . He can be reached by email at . Follow him on Twitter .
Leave a comment
Connecting to %s 上传我的文档
 下载
 收藏
该文档贡献者很忙,什么也没留下。
 下载此文档
正在努力加载中...
人教版八年级英语作文(上下册)范文30124
下载积分:800
内容提示:人教版八年级英语作文(上下册)范文30124
文档格式:DOC|
浏览次数:2|
上传日期: 08:35:21|
文档星级:
该用户还上传了这些文档
人教版八年级英语作文(上下册)范文30124
官方公共微信当前位置:
>>>阅读理解。 If you usually take the school bus or sometimes n..
阅读理解。
&&&&& If you usually take the school bus or sometimes need to take public buses to school, there are &some&important rules you should know.&&&&&· When you are waiting for the bus, you should wait at the bus stop, and stand well back.&&&& · When you get off the bus, make sure you and the driver can see each other, and wait for the &&&&&& driver to signal you before you cross the road in front of the bus.&&&& · Never go back for anything you may leave on the bus when it is starting.&&&& · Never bend down near the bus when you walk to or from the bus stop.&&&& · You should cross the street at a crosswalk or a street corner, and wait for the light to turn green &&&&&& or for the WALK crossing signal.&&&& · It is important to look carefully to the left, the right and the left again when you cross the street.&&&& · Remember that it is dangerous to stay in the areas around buses where the driver can't see you. &&&&&& Don't run between parked cars or buses.&&&& · Do not run across the street or through parking areas to catch up with your friends.
1. When you are waiting for the bus, you should wait _____.
A. at the bus stop B. on the street C. at a crosswalk D. a street corner
2. It is important to _____ when you cross the street.
A. run quickly B. wait for the light to turn green C. look carefully to the left D. look carefully to the right
3. If you walk to or from the bus stop, you mustn't _____.
A. bend down on the busB. cross the street at a crosswalk or a street cornerC. bend down near the busD. look carefully to the left, the right and the left again
4. This passage is mainly about _____.
A. safety rules for students by busB. safety rules for drivers C. safety rules for children by trainD. how to cross the street
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:四川省中考真题
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解。 If you usually take the school bus or sometimes n..”主要考查你对&&日常生活类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
日常生活类阅读
日常生活类阅读:日常生活这一话题主要涉及人们衣食住行等方面的活动。这一话题的选材主要针对人们日常的工作,生活以及学习情况。做这一类题时,最主要的是要把握好人物的活动内容,时间和地点。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解。 If you usually take the school bus or sometimes n..”考查相似的试题有:
11345191731297942160340249750136480My Take: Dalai Lama should condemn Tibetan self-immolations – CNN Belief Blog -
<nWidgetBaseURI = "http://i./cnn/.element/widget"; var cnn_sharebarconfig={"url":"http:\/\/n.com\/\/my-take-dalai-lama-should-condemn-tibetan-self-immolations\/comment-page-7\/","analytics":"o","platform":"d","instances":2,"getUpdatedURL":"","plugincodes":{"facebook":"

我要回帖

更多关于 what should you 的文章

随机推荐