{black, white, people}
{theory, work, human}
{war, force, army}
{rate, high, increase}
{government, party, election}
{film, series, show}
{son, year, death}
{system, computer, user}
The generational gap is and was a term popularized in Western countries during the 1960s referring to differences between people of a younger generation and their elders, especially between a child and their parent's generation.
Although some generational differences have existed throughout history, because of more rapid cultural change during the modern era differences between the two generations increased in comparison to previous times, particularly with respect to such matters as musical tastes, fashion, culture and politics. This may have been magnified by the unprecedented size of the young generation during the 1960s, which gave it unprecedented power and willingness to rebel against societal norms.
This can be seen in songs such as the 1965 hit "" by
and "" by .
As the 1940s ended and the 1950s emerged, marked differences between teenagers and parents began to emerge. From a transformation of the dating system ( and early marriage became the norm, as opposed to the "rating and dating" trend that was fashionable before the war), to new medium of
gaining widespread popularity and often portraying teenagers as . 'JDs' followed the standard black, , and the rise of counter-culture
during the mid and late 1960s with diverging opinions about the draft and military involvement in Vietnam as well as the use of drugs were significant topics of the generation gap of this era. The cover of
No. 129 by artist , dated September 1969, showed a split , the "old" Alfred on the left wearing a "My Country: Right or Wrong" lapel button, and the "young" long-haired Alfred on the right with a "Make Love Not War" button, and the cover statement "MAD Widens the Generation Gap."
The TV series
focuses on the generation, as a conservative-minded middle-aged man repeatedly quarrels with his independent-minded wife and staunchly liberal daughter and son-in-law.
The 1970s and 1980s are characterized as being an era rampant with , as shown by such phenomenon as . This period lies between the family-oriented 1950s and 1960s and the "" parenting–focused era of the late 1980s to the present.
related documents
Dominatrix
Sex worker
Top (BDSM)
Bottom (BDSM)
Promiscuity
Internet friendship
Generation
Jumping the broom
Handfasting
Elimination communication
Vanilla sex
Violence against LGBT people
National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality
Patrilineality
Child time-out
Richard von Krafft-Ebing
The Book of the City of Ladies
Victorian erageneration gap对话_百度知道
generation gap对话
急需关于generation gap度约7钟左右角色家庭三代物3请家帮忙设想题谢谢
提问者采纳
A:Look! What my mother gave me for my birthday----a letter!B:A letter for birthday present?C:What does it said?A:Oh! I told my mother that my boy friend does not love me because he fell in love with another girl. My mother knows that I love him very much. So she gave me some advices for what I should do.B: That’s very good!C: My mother never agreed me to have a boy friend until graduated!A: My mother has always been my good friend since I was little. I’m pround of her.B: It seems that there is really no generation gap between you and your mother.C: Yes. I agree with that.
其他类似问题
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁generation gap
音节划分:gen?e?ra?tion 'gap
[?d?en?'rei??n ɡaep]
[?d??n?'re??n ɡaep]
代沟问题;
代沟的成因
大家都在背:
1. a movie that is sure to bridge the generation gap
肯定能弥合代沟的一部电影
来自《权威词典》
2. Do you want to bridge the generation gap?
你想弥合代沟 吗 ?
来自《简明英汉词典》
3. As generation gap exists, we must bear in mind that the younger people might not like that idea.
因为有代沟的存在, 所以我们必须记住,年轻人可能不喜欢这个想法.
来自《简明英汉词典》
4. Both parents and teenagers must try to bridge the generation gap between them.
父母和孩子都必须努力填补他们之间的代沟.
来自辞典例句
5. Generation gap, conservation, reminiscence, pedantry and stubbornness all basically derive from that.
代沟, 保守, 怀旧, 迂腐顽固,基本都源于此.
来自互联网
代沟;两代人之间的隔阂 If you refer to the generation gap, you are referring to a difference in attitude and behaviour between older people and younger people, which may cause them to argue or may prevent them from understanding each other fully.&
大学英语四级常用词组 ... gain on 跑得比…快;逼近 generation gap 代沟 in general 通常,一般地说.
- 基于7486个网页
2. 代沟问题
from the other side of the generation gap ., 从另一面看代沟问题.
- 基于106个网页
张彻参与影片按年代显示 ... 逃亡 The Bloody Escape 叛逆 Generation Gap 警察 Police Force.
- 基于96个网页
4. 代沟的成因
面试_大学英语作文_梦幻网络 ... 电影应该分级 The Grading of Films 代沟的成因 Generation Gap 沙尘暴- Duststorm.
- 基于84个网页
1. 隙发电机
planar air - gap generator ., 平面气隙发电机.
- 基于1个网页
2. 隙振荡器
spark - gap generator ., 火花隙振荡器.
- 基于1个网页
1. 消除代沟
英语练习题目_百度知道 ... 9.a 接近了 10.bridge the generation gap 消除代沟选c 2.c much less 更不用说.
- 基于31个网页
1. 缩小代沟
江苏省高二英语... ... 67. 消除代沟 bridge the generation gap 68. 缩小代沟 narrow the generation gap 72. 独生子 only child.
- 基于37个网页
1. 说说代沟
A Letter of Apology-致歉信_英语作文 ... ·Sleep- 睡眠 ·The Generation Gap- 说说代沟 A Letter of Thanks- 感谢信.
- 基于42个网页
The Person I... ... My Favorite Color 我最喜欢的颜色 The Generation Gap 论代沟 The Person I Admire Most 我最敬佩的人.
- 基于38个网页
0){var rand = parseInt(Math.random() * (000)+100000);top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'))+'?renovate='+}else{top.location.href='/'+encodeURIComponent(document.getElementById('s').value.trim().replace( / /g, '_'));};}" action="/">
查过的词自动加入生词本
Tip:此功能设置只能在登录状态下生效
generation gap
需要改进的内容:
单词大小写
其他(请在下面补充描述)
错误描述:
您还可在这里补充说明下 O(∩_∩)O~
方便的话,请您留下一种联系方式,便于问题的解决:【A Generation Gap】_懒虫听外语-A Generation Gap在线试听_歌词下载-酷我音乐
&A Generation Gap
《A Generation Gap》 - 懒虫听外语
A Generation Gap
所属专辑:
审批文号:暂无
A Generation Gap相关MV推荐
暂无A Generation Gap的相关数据!
《A Generation Gap》歌词
- 懒虫听外语
懒虫听外语的专辑
K歌作品推荐
懒虫听外语的相似歌手
没有和懒虫听外语相似的歌手
听A Generation Gap的人也喜欢听
歌曲榜Top10怎样回答英语口试题目“How to bridge generation gap”?
怎样回答英语口试题目“How to bridge generation gap”?
09-01-09 & 发布
没悬赏分啊 你不会和我同一所大学吧 一模一样的英语口试题目哎 这些是 我刚网上找到 自己润色润色吧! 『1』 what is the generation gap? We can find the answer in a dic-tionary: Difference in attitude, or lack of understanding between younger people and older people. We can see that there're two points in this definition. First, difference. What kind of difference is it? Between generations we can find differences in culture, differences in the roles of the soci- differences in living styles. The old like traditional culture while the young long for renewal. The old want their children to act as they wish while the young want to walk their own ways. The old are fond of recollecting while the young are looking for-ward to the future. The old live a traditional serious life while the young prefer a modern style. There are so many differences between generations because each has a different deposit of culture and experiences. To some extent generation gap has become a social problem. Yet we find it absolutely difficult to solve because there's no way to smooth away these differences. Many people think that generation gap is a modern phrase. But the great philosopher Socrates three thousand years ago al-ready gave his description of the young in his society. He said, &They have no manners at all. They despise on the authority, con-tradict their parents and beat their teachers. They devour the food ravenously and talk on and on leaving no chance for the other to speak. &Thus it can be seen that the generation gap has a much longer history than we thought. But I think we still have a way to bridge it. Do you remember the second point of its definition? Generation gap doesn't come from differences between generations, but results from lack of un-derstanding between them, and mutual understanding depends on how well two generations communicate. It's a pity that we don't have enough communication now. But I think the most terrible thing is not this but our ignorance of communicating. And I can take our daily life for instance. On the one hand, many parents try to provide good living environment for their children. But they only want their children to study well and seldom want to know what they're thinking about. On the other hand, the children are always complaining about their parents but neither do they want to understand their parents. Do you think communicating between generations is diffi-cult? I don't think so. Remember how you made your first friend? Open your mouth the strangers will become friends. Use your tongue we'll know each other better. And in this way the generation gap can be bridged, I am sure. Just like it was sung in an old song: &Open your heartland the key is in your hand.& 点评: Miss Yang Binglan has a talent for presenting her thinking fluently and logically, which often conveys profound ideas, both in oral and written English. This is because she is deeply concerned for human development. She has a strong interest in science, hu-manity, sociology as well as English. And that results in mature points of view in her compositions. [2] generation gap -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- generation gap I’ve heard of many complaints from both parents and children, such as “my mother is so overpowering that she won’t understand me. ” and “why doesn’t she as obedient as she used to be?” Generation gap means misunderstanding between parents and children. What are the reasons behind generation gap? First, children in adolescence are kind of betrayal They find they have grown up, so they don’t want to rely on their parents any more. The desire to prove themselves capable of making decisions by themselves makes them disobey what parents’ said. Second, a generation creates their own language and fashion, which differ itself from other generation. The feeling with their peers is different from that with their parents as if the two generation were from different worlds. For example, parents won’t understand why their children like Jay Chou so much, who is the star of young people’s world. How to bridge the generation gap? Communication! Communication enhances the understanding between children and parents. For example, children should be always willing to share everything in their life. On the other hand , parents show their understanding and concern about them. It is not tough to bridge the gap, because the love between parents and children is the greatest in the world. Mother’s day is coming. Bless all the mothers in the world! [3] Generation Gap One of the most popular topics which many people talk about today is generation gap. More than you realized, the generation gap has been influencing you for years. Have you seen the dracula movie Battle Royale, which is made by Japanese? Because the younger generation disdain the older generation, the older generation made a Survival Program and the RB act. This program let the student kill each other in an island. Only the last one can survive. This movie caused very big reverberation. People began to think about the generation gap. The generation gap is a conflict caused by different values about life and the world, which is not unavoidable. In my opinion, the lack of communication, different views on certain problems and different attitudes towards life may cause the generation gap or even widen it. The younger generation is essentially different from the older generation. Many old people are not satisfied with the young with the fashion dress, rock music and popular songs, and always shack their heads and say, “Ai, young men today …” what’s more, they usually think the children are still young and want to keep them under their wings. Some of them even wed to everything of the past, and hostile to change. Nowadays, the young don’t blindly follow what the older say. They think their parents are out of date. They want absolute freedom and respect. They want to be free to choose their own direction. They want to be free to select their courses in school and select their food at home. They usually think that their parents can’t understand them and don’t respect them. Many of the older people live in their old memories and philosophy belonging to their generation and the young as well enjoys where they are and what they have now. As the young grow up, financial independence will further widen the generation gap. As the gap becomes wider, more families are suffering from a distant relationship. For example, Lily never agrees with her father. They always have a quarrel when they are going to do something. Unfortunately, most of people have never tried to find ways of improving the relationship, bridging the generation gap and maintaining the family bond. Each side thinks that that should be the other’s job. Actually, it is the responsibility of both the old and the young to bridge the gap. I think to bridge the generation gap, mutual understanding is very important. The young must learn that many things the old believe in are for a good reason. The old must understand that what the young do is how things should be done in a new situation. The young need to respect the olds’ experience, while the old need to learn more fresh things and become more open-minded. They have to find some common ground to share with each other. In summery, the young and the old cannot communicate with each other, which is the reason why the generation gap exists. If the old and the young can be sensitive to each other’s needs. A little give-and-take on either side will work wonders to bridge the generation gap. Hope we can bridge the gap through the discussion and dialogue between the generations to leverage the relationship and to understand each other better 自己随便摘一点就行了 口语考试嘛 不用太长的
请登录后再发表评论!
『1』 what is the generation gap? We can find the answer in a dic-tionary: Difference in attitude, or lack of understanding between younger people and older people. We can see that there're two points in this definition. First, difference. What kind of difference is it? Between generations we can find differences in culture, differences in the roles of the soci- differences in living styles. The old like traditional culture while the young long for renewal. The old want their children to act as they wish while the young want to walk their own ways. The old are fond of recollecting while the young are looking for-ward to the future. The old live a traditional serious life while the young prefer a modern style. There are so many differences between generations because each has a different deposit of culture and experiences. To some extent generation gap has become a social problem. Yet we find it absolutely difficult to solve because there's no way to smooth away these differences. Many people think that generation gap is a modern phrase. But the great philosopher Socrates three thousand years ago al-ready gave his description of the young in his society. He said, &They have no manners at all. They despise on the authority, con-tradict their parents and beat their teachers. They devour the food ravenously and talk on and on leaving no chance for the other to speak. &Thus it can be seen that the generation gap has a much longer history than we thought. But I think we still have a way to bridge it. Do you remember the second point of its definition? Generation gap doesn't come from differences between generations, but results from lack of un-derstanding between them, and mutual understanding depends on how well two generations communicate. It's a pity that we don't have enough communication now. But I think the most terrible thing is not this but our ignorance of communicating. And I can take our daily life for instance. On the one hand, many parents try to provide good living environment for their children. But they only want their children to study well and seldom want to know what they're thinking about. On the other hand, the children are always complaining about their parents but neither do they want to understand their parents. Do you think communicating between generations is diffi-cult? I don't think so. Remember how you made your first friend? Open your mouth the strangers will become friends. Use your tongue we'll know each other better. And in this way the generation gap can be bridged, I am sure. Just like it was sung in an old song: &Open your heartland the key is in your hand.& 点评: Miss Yang Binglan has a talent for presenting her thinking fluently and logically, which often conveys profound ideas, both in oral and written English. This is because she is deeply concerned for human development. She has a strong interest in science, hu-manity, sociology as well as English. And that results in mature points of view in her compositions. [2] generation gap -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- generation gap I’ve heard of many complaints from both parents and children, such as “my mother is so overpowering that she won’t understand me. ” and “why doesn’t she as obedient as she used to be?” Generation gap means misunderstanding between parents and children. What are the reasons behind generation gap? First, children in adolescence are kind of betrayal They find they have grown up, so they don’t want to rely on their parents any more. The desire to prove themselves capable of making decisions by themselves makes them disobey what parents’ said. Second, a generation creates their own language and fashion, which differ itself from other generation. The feeling with their peers is different from that with their parents as if the two generation were from different worlds. For example, parents won’t understand why their children like Jay Chou so much, who is the star of young people’s world. How to bridge the generation gap? Communication! Communication enhances the understanding between children and parents. For example, children should be always willing to share everything in their life. On the other hand , parents show their understanding and concern about them. It is not tough to bridge the gap, because the love between parents and children is the greatest in the world. Mother’s day is coming. Bless all the mothers in the world! [3] Generation Gap One of the most popular topics which many people talk about today is generation gap. More than you realized, the generation gap has been influencing you for years. Have you seen the dracula movie Battle Royale, which is made by Japanese? Because the younger generation disdain the older generation, the older generation made a Survival Program and the RB act. This program let the student kill each other in an island. Only the last one can survive. This movie caused very big reverberation. People began to think about the generation gap. The generation gap is a conflict caused by different values about life and the world, which is not unavoidable. In my opinion, the lack of communication, different views on certain problems and different attitudes towards life may cause the generation gap or even widen it. The younger generation is essentially different from the older generation. Many old people are not satisfied with the young with the fashion dress, rock music and popular songs, and always shack their heads and say, “Ai, young men today …” what’s more, they usually think the children are still young and want to keep them under their wings. Some of them even wed to everything of the past, and hostile to change. Nowadays, the young don’t blindly follow what the older say. They think their parents are out of date. They want absolute freedom and respect. They want to be free to choose their own direction. They want to be free to select their courses in school and select their food at home. They usually think that their parents can’t understand them and don’t respect them. Many of the older people live in their old memories and philosophy belonging to their generation and the young as well enjoys where they are and what they have now. As the young grow up, financial independence will further widen the generation gap. As the gap becomes wider, more families are suffering from a distant relationship. For example, Lily never agrees with her father. They always have a quarrel when they are going to do something. Unfortunately, most of people have never tried to find ways of improving the relationship, bridging the generation gap and maintaining the family bond. Each side thinks that that should be the other’s job. Actually, it is the responsibility of both the old and the young to bridge the gap. I think to bridge the generation gap, mutual understanding is very important. The young must learn that many things the old believe in are for a good reason. The old must understand that what the young do is how things should be done in a new situation. The young need to respect the olds’ experience, while the old need to learn more fresh things and become more open-minded. They have to find some common ground to share with each other. In summery, the young and the old cannot communicate with each other, which is the reason why the generation gap exists. If the old and the young can be sensitive to each other’s needs. A little give-and-take on either side will work wonders to bridge the generation gap. Hope we can bridge the gap through the discussion and dialogue between the generations to leverage the relationship and to understand each other better 学吧
请登录后再发表评论!

我要回帖

更多关于 young generation 的文章

随机推荐