to add this game to your wishlist or mark as not interested
Buy The 11th Hour
$5.99 USD
Packages that include this game
Buy 7th Guest & 11th Hour Bundle
Includes 2 items:
The 11th Hour, The 7th Guest
$9.99 USD
"&If you've played The 7th Guest, the sequel is a must. If you found the puzzles in 7th Guest too challenging, this time around you can get help. - Meg"
About This Game
IN THE 70 DESOLATE YEARS since the horrifying murders chronicled in The 7th Guest, the town of Harley has been ominously silent.
Only when journalist Robin Morales vanishes while investigating the rotting abandoned mansion of the legendary toy maker Henry Stauf, do events resurrect a malignant past.
AS ROBIN'S COLLEAGUE and lover, Carl Denning, you come to the ravaged estate to find her. What you uncover in its decaying chambers embroils the entire town in a deadly legacy of madness.
WEAVING A FEATURE-LENGTH, powerfully graphic video through The 11th Hour: The Sequel to The 7th Guest, the renowned developers at Trilobyte have created the most cinematic challenge to date. A wide array of games, puzzles and quests cleverly underscores the time-bending, contemporary adult mystery. only the deepest horrors of the mind could spread such terror in the night.
Fully Explore over twenty-two beautifully-rendered rooms with faster, smoother 3-D graphics than ever before.
Participate in a suspenseful interactive drama directed by David Wheeler, written by The 7th Guest author, Matthew Costello, featuring first-rate actors and a new musical score by The Fat Man.
Solve three CD's worth of diverse and perilous challenges.
Get on-screen hints instantly with the GameBook, No backtracking necessary.
Watch high quality, full motion video without any additional hardware required.
EVERY MOMENT is riddled with intrigue. Three mysterious women are your only guides. Will you find Robin and unearth Stauf's fate at last? Or seal your own forever? It all must come together at The 11th Hour.
System Requirements
Minimum:
Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: 3D graphics card
DirectX: Version 9.0
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Recommended:
Processor: 2 GHz Processor
Graphics: 3D graphics card
DirectX: Version 9.0
Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card
Minimum:
Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor
Graphics: 1GB of RAM graphics
Recommended:
Processor: 2 GHz Processor
Graphics: 1GB of RAM graphics
Content copyright Trilobyte Games, LLC
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
8.1 hrs on record
Three reasons to buy this game: * Challenging puzzles for people who enjoy frustration. * A decent and interesting horror story. * It's a very valuable piece of gaming history. Three reasons NOT to buy this game: * Cheesy cutscenes (but for some of us who like to laugh, it's a GREAT reason).
* Won't appeal to people who love HD games. * The engine is outdated. Some people will have to fiddle with the game to get it running. Now... for the review: I have to admit that, like most people who played this game when it came out, I have fond memories of it: I used to play it with my family, in the weekends, when we usually took turns to solve the puzzles or to try to beat Stauf in Honey & Blood or the Rat Maze.It's kind of sad, but I haven't played like that with my family and friends in a while. It seems like games rarely have that balance anymore. Most games nowadays are divided in two: A single player paradise with a flexible difficulty (so the player doesn't lose its appendix because of the frustration) or a multiplayer gore fest where rarely you understand what's happening anymore. Yeah, like most gamers, I also enjoy those kind of games, I know it's the evolution of gaming. However 11th Hour (and the 7th Guest) was a game which could be enjoyed with other people in a single gameplay and somehow, it seems it was meant to be played with the advice and skills of other people or it could be a very frustrating game. You had to ask for help before the internet spoiled everything. But time has passed and I know this game will barely catch the attention of new and young players. It's a shame. It deserves an opportunity, at least as a piece of history. The game has an interesting story but cheesy and low-res movies require some faith and imagina a suspension of desbelief and a willingness to enjoy what's happening or what's about to happen, regardless of the acting, or the 90s modelling and rendering. In my latest gameplay, although I knew most of the story, I could feel some scary or tense moments. The music is amazing, a true accomplishments (some puzzles are so difficult, that you could be listening the same tune for hours and you will hardly feel tired from hearing it). Henry Stauf is a great character. It could be an icon like other popular videogame mascots.
Was this review helpful?
0.5 hrs on record
This game takes place inside the same mansion as The 7th Guest. The mansion is more detoriated than the previous, your character uses a flashlight while moving around. The gameplay is the same as The 7th Guest. Pointing and clicking along, you must solve puzzle after puzzle in order to continue on deeper in the mansion and figure out more of the story. Anyone who likes puzzle games should play it.
Was this review helpful?
4.4 hrs on record
This game was one I enjoyed when it was first released in the 1990s. Unfortunately, it has not aged well. The seveth guest was known for being one of the very first games with full-motion video, and animated screen transitions instead of slide-show transitions. But even when the 11th hour was first released, the novelty had worn off. And twenty years later, the graphics [which were the best features] are now considered low-resolution. The interface is clunky by modern standards, and the puzzles frankly are not that interesting. If you are out for a nostagia trip, the 7th guest will better satisfy the urge. Or watch the reconstructed movie on Youtube.
Was this review helpful?
1.9 hrs on record
This game is an all time classic, like the 7th guest for comparison only Myst or RivenLets face the facts that these Games are not aged well- indeed this is a thing i?ve heard many timesfrom the (new) Gamer Generation if there is one acutaly.1 off if you comapare those games Myst Riven and 7th guest and 11th hour wich came outway before the CD rom or DVD Blu Ray standarts- these were the first games wichgave the gamers the feeling he is acutaly part of that games.I would say myst made the job a bit better but thats not the point.So after ive finished the 7th guest in my nostalgic phase (now in 2014)i can easily say- this game sucks because of the bad video standart of those days.But no i dont say that because its not the main reason to play those games.The riddles are fantastic they are harder than other games yes.If i compare Myst with Riven than there is pretty the same increase of difficulty betweenthose games.Take Riven wich frustated many gamers those days- So yes the 11th hour and 7th guest are for hardcore gamerswhom take the challenge of these increased riddles.You get a real fine story even the 7th guest made a better job.If you think it has to be a HD Remake with newer days standarts yourterrible wrong and its your own fault if you bought a game you espectedits a new one.The only problem i see is that it runs to fast on my machines.I mean the cutscenes the ingame graphics etc.But thats all.If you didnt played the 7th guest and bought 11th hour and thinkabout that stauff cant shut its mouth? He did this in 7th guest tooand no one had a problem with that.Its his house its his riddles its his horror world your into in those gamesand its called sarcasm all the way.If you think this games are easy and disturbing horror genre games are not your thingdont buy it.This game is a milestone of its genreand still challenging today there are not many gameswich made this.Yes technics of today made this game bad.But as i said before high end graphics arent thethings that makes a game great.Poor that the Collector never made it to the releaseand that the remake of the collector didnt made it.If you would do remakes of all those games with all its details im shure there would be a nicerresonance. But fans of the genre would buy it anyway.
Was this review helpful?
0.8 hrs on record
Unliked The 7th Guest, I did not play The 11th Hour when it was initially released. There have been many remarkable improvements in this game such as much faster movement speed, easier access to help functions (no more backtracking to the library), and slightly better acting.However, this game now berates you at every step. Stauff simply won't shut up, and the game makes it a point to let you know you're a complete idiot if you don't solve the puzzle in one move. Sometimes even taking the shortest route (four moves to complete the library's book puzzle, for instance) will result in Stauff saying you have the brains of bird droppings halfway through.The pacing is also absolutely terrible, and the new riddle mechanic makes it that much worse. You're constantly clicking at random objects hoping to figure out the terrible clue you were given. How is a &riddle& of a heart attack putting you into the ground supposed to make you click on a globe? Or how about a clue about a winter coat supposed to make you find a bottle of tonic?Adding to the frustration are game-breaking bugs such as solved puzzles not registering, audio glitches such as some ambient sounds playing at more than double the volume of the speech and music, and lack of context for pretty much all of the FMV sequences.Overall, this game is far worse than its predecessor due to these problems and more. I do not recommend buying this even if the game was on sale for 90% off. You will get more enjoyment for your money from buying a soft drink than you would buying this game.
Was this review helpful?
1.3 hrs on record
A classic! Although people still says that this is a downfall from The 7th Guest, it is defenetly a must-have for fans of the genre.Can't wait for the 7th Guest 3!
Was this review helpful?
8.6 hrs on record
Overall its a pretty poor game. some of the puzzels are fun, but the constant abuse by the narrator means that you pretty much have to play the game muted. ignoring the graphical and musical limitations (this game was made in '95 after all,) its not the worst. Unfortunately the storyline is confusing and not super enticing, involves the sexual assault of two women, and ultimately ends in a near unbeatable game of reversi (an already frustrating game.)on the whole, I'd skip this one.
Was this review helpful?
5.3 hrs on record
I couldn't imagine it getting any worst with the sequel to 7th Guest. Yet it somehow did.The insults from the narrator is amplified now. This means, each time you reset a puzzle, Stauf gives a little witty reply.The navigation UI is also worst now, as it is more difficult to choose between moving and observing. This is reinforced by the treasure hunting objective they've added in. You'll be waving your cursor around at every single corner of the house you can possibly click on.Remember how the word puzzles in 7th Guest supported the story in a sequence. Well forget about those. It’s been replaced with a slew of anagrams of the hidden item you need to find. Where are the items? Well there’s no hint for that, you still have to wander around till you find it, hence the treasure hunting part of this adventure. What’s even worst is the item you need to find is not targetable until you solve some puzzle elsewhere. So, you're back to randomly waving your cursor around until it pops up.Is there any relevance with puzzle to the hidden item?Nope.Can you complete the puzzle associated with future content before ever getting the anagram for it?Yup.This spaghetti mess of a design just doesn't make any sense on paper nor in practice.On the plus side, the hint button for the puzzles is on hand at all times from the menu system, instead of being in the library... if that's any consolation of the headache of trying to find where you need to go.
Was this review helpful?
0.2 hrs on record
Ripoff, won't run, just a dosbox version of the 1995 game....I got to the screen where you are to adjust brightness, and had to figure out what to do, as there is NO way to adjust the brightness or Gamma.Got halfway into the first FMV, and my top of the line machine constantly froze until I ran it via explorer in &compatability mode.&Then, the game and puzzles ran WAY too fast.This is a nostalgia money grab.
If you want to play the game, find the original disks, and an old machine.
Let this one pass you by.
Was this review helpful?
0.4 hrs on record
The cutscenes and documentary movies were great and the menu music was really catchy, unfortunately the gameplay was really bad. I went to youtube to watch the cutscenes (it's actually a movie just cut into bits around the gameplay). There is a hint system if you get stuck on a puzzle which is a good addition. I can't recommend the game, but I do recommend watching the clips.
Was this review helpful?
1.3 hrs on record
After the nostalgia flashbacks of '95, I remembered why I never finished this game (or played it for that matter), because it sucks! If you have the hankering for some decent puzzles and need that 90's nostalgia, get the 7th guest. This is garbage thanks to the poor gameplay, bad acting and voice overs and to compile on top of my 'thumb-downedness' (yes I just created a new word thanks to Trilobyte), the old tech runs like garbage on my i5.
Was this review helpful?
3.1 hrs on record
I was skeptical of The 11th Hour, and rightfully so. The 7th Guest was terrible and I expected this game to follow suit. I played it anyway because I bought the two games in a bundle and having spent money, it would be a waste not to play at least a little. It was my hope that the first game, being from 1993, was only as bad because it was because it was developed when dinos and that its sequel, being form the distant future of 1995, would hold up better. To my disappointment, it did not. Good thing they were on sale for a huge discount or I would be furious. As it stands I'm merely annoyed. Being in essence the same game as The 7th Guest, it would be easier to list the differences than to talk about the game as a whole so lets get down to it.While the first game lacked for any form of coherent story, this game filmed an entire live action movie, using the scenes (or in some cases parts of scenes) as cut-scenes in the game. To the game's credit the movie wasn't bad looking. It seemed to be on par for a shoestring budget horror movie from 1995. The problem with this is that watching a movie for 30 seconds to 3 minutes at a time is unengaging at best and terribly confounding at worst. It became hard to tell if anything I saw was in order as scene changes are disguised by the cut-scene ending and the movie picking back up in a different scene.You play as C.A.R.L., the mk2 version of the roller coaster/human hybrid from the first game. Unlike his ponderous predecessor, C.A.R.L. can move at reasonable speeds using his new chicken-walker legs and observes objects without panning around them. He also seems to be some kind of transformer as his default size, which reaches the tops of door ways, can also somehow fit into spaces easily a fifth that size. In the opening cut-scene C.A.R.L. calls
his girlfriend a ????? and tells her he hopes she gets murdered by a psychopath. When this apparently happens, C.A.R.L. defies his programming and goes searching for her, leading him to the murder house from the previous installment. In addition to his Mechwarrior legs and head mounted flashlight, C.A.R.L. is equipped with a tiny computer that he uses to analyze the riddles sent to him by the demonic toymaker, who is apparently still around.The puzzles in this game are similar to the ones in the last, except somehow more poorly explained. Where a brief explanation was provided by the dead LARPers about the nature of the puzzle in the last game, no such organic help is given here. Instead your computer coldly tells you the object of the game, forcing you to revert to what effectively amounts to an in game walk through to gain general information about what you're suppose to be doing. The puzzles that require proficiency in chess make an appearance again so I hope you've managed to keep those skills sharp. Otherwise a large portion of the mini-games are A.I. battles resembling the microscope puzzle from the first game. Where there was only one such game in The 7th Guest, The 11th Hour sports seven of them. The problem with these is the same as before: their rules and premiss are poorly designed and, in addition to just being poorly explained, force you to go first despite it being a detriment to your ability to win.The game still has no inventory or way to pick anything up but none the less expects you to hunt for items as they are needed. Instead the toymaker e-mails you riddles corresponding to interactible objects littered throughout the house. Once you've interacted with the correct object, your computer will be updated with a cut-scene you can watch that advances the plot and a new riddle will be provided. The puzzles don't take as long as they used to thankfully because C.A.R.L. doesn't think out loud and the toymaker only speaks at the beginning and end of puzzles. The game as a whole has less organic fluidity than the first, which is surprising considering the first game flowed like rocks through a faucet. Everything about The 11th Hour hinges off of you referring back to your computerized walk through for the answer. You don't have to, but good luck manually deciphering this jumbled mess with out it. The computer also can do everything for you, including telling you the answers to riddles and solving puzzles. While it's easier to let AI battle AI in those stupid versus games, you might as well let it solve the riddles and other puzzles, which would be like playing a driving game where you don't control the car.Much like The 7th Guest I didn't beat The 11th Hour either and even spent less time on it. The reason being is I had no patience for those A.I. battle games and would be damned of I let the computer solve everything for me. Try it if you wish but you'll be in for a world of disappointment.
Was this review helpful?
8.4 hrs on record
Spoilers and I don't care!!!The FBI could do away with all forms of previous torture devices and practices such as water boarding and just expose extremists to this game. Torture here is an understatement. The game will expose you to mental anguish like never before. Where do I even start with this one?It's the sequel to a game called the 7th guest. The story is a alien/evil spirit (Satan I believe) has taken over deceased toy maker Stauf who possess the house with his soul. He is a sick man who likes to invite women into his house to ???? them by manipulating the house to touch them in all the wrong places. He also likes to invite men so he can kill them and nourish the house with their bodies. The house has a blood thirst and needs sacrifices. You've been lured into the house because your girlfriend is trapped inside after she started investigating the house for a unsolved mystery TV show. Think it's weird so far? Oh wait it gets better. The house somehow impregnates two women, 1 who immediately has an abortion and the second who decides to give birth to miss Satan and who immediately finds a sucker to start killing the towns folk in the area and feeding them to the house. This is all acted out in a B grade movie by work experience actors which you get to see each time you solve a puzzle in the house. At the end you need to choose between 2 women who have sold their soul to Stauf or a wheel chair woman who hasn't. If you choose the wheel chair woman the house explodes for no apparent reason, the end.The puzzles in this house are fruiting ridiculous. You need access to a super computer to solve them. Your given a riddle which you need to untangle to work out what you need to click on next. The riddles will give your brain a clot in seconds. Once you have done that you then need to solve a puzzle. The puzzles are so hard that your brain will turn into soup just with the thought of having to get through it. Seriously! Insanely difficult. There is a chess puzzle which takes 40 moves to solve, there is another puzzle which will take you 20 minutes to solve, even if you have the correct answer. Half the puzzles in the house even the walk throughs written by other people tell you 'sorry this is too difficult your on your own just keep hitting the hint button in the game' and even that half the time tells you your going to lose this time.On top of all that the game puts you down with every click you make telling you how stupid you are and that there are bird droppings that have more intelligence than you. The house mentally abuses you hoping you are soon going to become manic depressive and want to slit your wrists or something. On top of all that the house also tortures you with grating music which will make your ear drums bleed and the game also makes every transition so monotonous because it cuts to a short movement walk when you move between rooms that you will try and break your own neck on your keyboard just to get out of this nightmarish game. I recommend this game only if your into SM on yourself. Other than that it gets a huge thumbs down, The game is a chore to play and is not fun. Here's the twist, I played this game as a kid and had fond memories of it back in 95. I guess it just goes to show that with HD and better constructed gameplay's even the cream of the crop of 95 just does not meet the benchmark of today's gamer's needs.If you want to watch the whole movie which goes with the game which I actually do recommend its an interesting b grade movie you can watch it here....
Was this review helpful?
1.1 hrs on record
Outdated... Im sure it used to be great back in its time.
Was this review helpful?
0.2 hrs on record
at least it's better than the doctor who episode
Was this review helpful?
2.1 hrs on record
I've played alot of point and clicks, matter of fact I was raised up around them. But this point and click definately stands out from the rest. It is utter crap, in more ways then one. First of all The game is stupifyingly hard, that it has an inbuilt cheat function. I'm not joking, the game actually lets you have the choice for the computer to solve the puzzels. So If you're going to get this game you'd better be packing a walkthrough or something. The only reason I got this game is because I remember my family playing it when I was like 5, so I thought I'd get it cause i remember very little of it. And I'm glad I did.....Remember very little that is. Most point and click games have a great story which drags you into it and you can easily play the game and figure things out by acting like the character, but this one is ????????.Overall I'll probably rate this game 4/10, Only because it is a great game to get you thinking...But that's all.
Was this review helpful?
0.1 hrs on record
This game starts with a long cinematic which is essentially a bad 80's movie, with no option to skip or even return to the menu. What I saw of the story before quitting looked pretty disappointing.
Was this review helpful?
3.2 hrs on record
aged like your mum
Was this review helpful?
5.1 hrs on record
Very boring and frustrating point and click game. The cutscenes are bad, the dialogs are bad and the controls are slow.
Was this review helpful?
1.1 hrs on record
warning brain will explode can steam pls remove this from my library was a bad idea getting this game
Was this review helpful?
Loading reviews...
Languages:
Full audio
Title: The 11th Hour
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 30 Nov, 1995
1995 New Media Invision Awards - Gold-Games Strategy/Puzzle
1995 New Media Invision Awards - Bronze-Consumer Interactive Movies
1995 International Cindy Competition - Honorable Mention - Consumer Games
1995 CD-ROM Today &Rommie& Awards - Best Graphic Adventure
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
The 11th Hour
7th Guest & 11th Hour Bundle
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &

我要回帖

更多关于 one night hold 的文章

随机推荐