one man was pulling offthe box along and another was ___it.

A man was walking along the street when he saw a woman strugglewith a large box. It was half in and ——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
&& & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & & &
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
A man was walking along the street when he saw a woman struggle(奋力)with a large box. It was half in and half &1 &of her car. He was a helpful man, so he went up to the woman and said, “Let me give you a hand with that box. It looks very &&2&. ” “That’s very kind of you,” the woman said. “I’m having a lot of &3 &with it. I think it’s stuck(卡住). ” “Together we’ll soon move it,” the man said. He &4_ &into the back seat of the car and took hold of the other end of the box. He said, “I’m ready. ” And he began to_ 5 &hard. For several minutes the man and the woman struggled with the box. Soon they were &6 &in the face. “Let’s rest for a minute,” the man said. “I’m sorry, but it &7 &stuck. ” A few minutes later, the man said, “Let’s try again. Are you ready?” &8&&of them took hold of the box again. “One, two, three!” the man said, and they went on with their struggle.At last, when they were very tired, the man said, “You are &9&. It really is stuck. I don’t think there’s any way we can get it out of the car. ” “Get it out of the car!” The woman cried. “I’m trying to get it &10&!”小题1:A.in B.out C.on D.off小题2:A.heavyB.strong C.dear D.new小题3:A.trouble B.questions C.matter D.accidents小题4:A.got B.stepped C.came D.walked小题5:A.pull B.carry C.push D.take小题6:A.white B.tired C.red D.hurt小题7:A.goesB.falls C.grows D.seems小题8:A.Every B.All C.Either D.Both小题9:A.ready B.right C.clever D.sure小题10:A.ofB.in C.out D.fro
题型:阅读理解
I am Steve. I was born and grew up in South Wales. My favorite place to play was out on the hills where my imagination had plenty of space to expand (拓展).My family moved out of Wales when I was thirteen. I went to a new school. One of my subjects was French. Because I had never learned any French, my teacher told me to sit in the corner and write anything I was interested in. That’s the time I started writing, just for myself, and I’ve been writing ever since.I have always loved BIG IDEAS, and so I enjoy writing fantastic stories. And I also write horror (恐怖) I think they are like the old fairytales (童话故事) ,and can teach you important things.I am in my forties on the outside, twelve on the inside. I like rock music, Indian and Chinese food, and I enjoy drinking. I live in a small village with my wife Mary, ducks, cats, goats, hens and lots of rabbits. If you’d like to find out more about me and hope to buy any books, go to www. showkett. freeserve. co. uk小题1:When he was 13, the writer ________.A.wrote lots of poemsB.moved out of WalesC.sold many story booksD.became a famous singer小题2:He liked playing out on the hills because he could ________.A.expand his imaginationB.learn FrenchC.listen to storiesD.buy some books小题3:Maybe the writer is ________ years old now.A.12B.22C.32D.42小题4:According to the passage, the write keeps _______A.cats, hens and pigsB.ducks, goats and rabbitsC.hens, rabbits and dogsD.rabbits, pigs and cats小题5:From the passage, we can learn that the writer ________.A.lives in a big city with his sonB.likes eating Japanese and Indian foodC.lives in the countryside with his wifeD.introduces a nice book to us
Jeremy Shu-How Lin&Date of birthAugust 23, 1988Place of birthLos Angeles, CaliforniaNationalityAmericanHeight1.91 mWeight 91 kgCollegeHarvard University()&根据材料内容,选择最佳答案。小题1:Jeremy Lin is _______ years old.A.22B.24C.26D.28小题2:Jeremy ________ between 2008 and 2009.A.played basketball in the NBAB.lived in TaiwanC.studied in a high schoolD.studied in Harvard小题3:There are _______ people in Jeremy’s family.A.threeB.fourC.fiveD.six小题4:______ taught Jeremy to play basketball when he was young.A.His fatherB.His elder brotherC.His younger brotherD.His mother小题5:______ is TRUE according to the passage.A.Jeremy grew up in China.B.As a basketball player, Jeremy is too tall.C.His family moved to the USA in 1980.D.Jeremy is so popular and he is a hard-working player.
Mr. Smith is an Englishman. He teaches English well. His English classes are very interesting. He likes us and we like him, too.Mr. Smith has two children---Tom and Lucy. Tom is seven and his sister Lucy is four. Tom goes to school but Lucy doesn’t. Mr. Smith likes to wear a T-shirt and Jeans. Football is his favorite sport. After school, we often have a basketball game. Sometimes Mr. Smith watches and joins us. He plays basketball just for fun.小题1:Mr. Smith is ________.A.a Chinese teacherB.an English driverC.a Japanese teacherD.an English teacher小题2:How many sons does Mr. Smith have? A.Only one B.TwoC.Three D.Not any小题3:Lucy doesn’t go to school because_______.A.she looks beautifulB.she is sevenC.she is only fourD.she doesn’t like school小题4:_______is Mr. Smith’s favorite sport.A.BasketballB.FootballC.RunningD.Volleyball小题5:The story is about______.A.Mr. Smith’s son B.Mr. SmithC.Tom and LucyD.A basketball game
A poor woodcutter and his wife lived in the forest in a small hut. &&1&&was so small that there was space only for him and his wife to sleep. One cold night, somebody knocked &2&the door. The woodcutter asked his wife &&3&the door and let the stranger in. She said, “ But there is no space.” The man laughed &&4&said, “ Two can sleep well, three can sit.” And then the woman opened the door. The stranger &5&&to come in, and they all sat telling stories to each other.Then came &&6&knock. The woodcutter told the stranger, “Friend, open the door.” And the man said, “But there is no space.” The woodcutter said, “If three persons can sit comfortably, four persons can sit a little& 7&than before.”The stranger opened the door, and a man entered. Suddenly, a strange knock &8 did not seem to be human’s! The woodcutter said, “Open the door. I know who &&9 .& It is my donkey.”Everyone said, “ &10&is the donkey going to stand?” The man said, “Right now we are sitting, when the donkey comes in, we will all stand.”小题1:A.ThatB.ThisC.ItD.There小题2:A.inB.atC.ofD.to小题3:A.openB.openingC.opensD.to open小题4:A.andB.soC.butD.or小题5:A.inviteB.invitedC.was invitingD.was invited小题6:A.otherB.the otherC.anotherD.others小题7:A.closestB.closelyC.closedD.closer小题8:A.thatB.whoC.whatD.whose小题9:A.knocksB.knockedC.is knockingD.was knocking小题10:A.WhenB.WhereC.HowD.Which
Bill, a thirteen-year-old boy, thought he had grown up to be a man. But his parents told him, “You won’t be a real man until you begin to& 1&&helping others.” One morning, his parents gave him some money to& 2 &some milk for them. Outside a shop he saw a homeless old man who looked very sick. Bill went to him and asked, “ What’s wrong with you?” The old man answered, “I’m&3&. I haven’t had any food for two days.” At the thought of his parents’ words, Bill said to the old man, “Let’s go to the 4 .” When they got there, Bill asked the&5 to bring out bread and coffee to the old man. The old man finished the meal quickly. After the waiter&6&the plate and the cup, the old man said, “Sorry for giving you too much& 7&. I’m fine now. I’ll&& 8&forget your kindness! You are a very good young man” Bill was 9 when he heard this. Just when he wanted to pay for the meal, the waiter came. Bill and the old man learned&&10 &that he food was free because it was the birthday of the boss, and they were the first customer that day.小题1:A.think aboutB.depend onC.give upD.go on小题2:A.lendB.buyC.drinkD.borrow小题3:A.fullB.thirstyC.hungryD.dirty小题4:A.bankB.libraryC.hospitalD.restaurant小题5:A.waiterB.cookC.managerD.boss小题6:A.sent outB.got downC.gave backD.took away小题7:A.excuseB.moneyC.troubleD.difficulty小题8:A.neverB.alwaysC.usuallyD.sometimes小题9:A.nervousB.pleasedC.sorryD.shy小题10:A.surprisinglyB.angrilyC.unhappilyD.easily
On June 6th, 2012 Tiangong-1 welcomed its first guests, the Shenzhou Ⅸ manned spacecraft(载人飞船). The Shenzhou Ⅸ has two male astronauts and one female astronaut. At that time, Liu Yang, a thirty-three year-old woman, became the first Chinese woman in space.Joining the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force in 1997, Liu Yang became an experienced pilot after flying safely for 1,680 hours. In 2010, she became an astronaut because of her good job.“When I was a pilot, I flew in the sky. Now that I am an astronaut, I will fly in space. This will be a much higher and farther flight. I always couldn’t help wondering: What would the Earth look like from outer space?” Liu said.In June 2012, Liu took Shenzhou Ⅸ to the space as China’s first female astronaut. “I have full confidence,” Liu said before the task. “There are many foreign female astronauts that have been into space. Men and women have their own advantages in carrying out space tasks. They can encourage each other and better complete their task.However, the difficulty of her training has not affected her life’s pleasure. “I love children and I love life. I love reading, especially novels and history books. I am also a great cook. To be with my family is one kind of happiness, but to fly is another kind that people can’t experience.”“I am grateful to the motherland and the people. I feel honoured to fly into space on behalf of(代表) millions of female Chinese citizens. ” Liu said after coming back to the Earth safely.小题1:Liu Yang worked as an astronaut when she was ________ years old.A.18B.33C.31D.25小题2:From the passage, we know Liu Yang is very________.A.quietB.confidentC.beautifulD.safe小题3:The main idea of the fifth paragraph________.A.Liu Yang is a good wife and motherB.Liu Yang enjoy reading novels and history booksC.Liu Yang loves her job as well as her familyD.Liu Yang has to work hard every day小题4:Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?A.There were three astronauts in the Shenzhou Ⅸ manned spacecraftB.Liu Yang had been a pilot before becoming an astronaut.C.Liu Yang was the first Chinese woman astronaut who had been into space.D.Liu Yang thinks she can do better than the male astronauts in the space.小题5:The best title of the passage is _______.A.The Shenzhou Ⅸ Manned SpacecraftB.The First Chinese Female AstronautC.Love Work and FamilyD.How to Achieve Your Dream?
Leonardo da Vinci began painting the Mona Lisa in 1503. He was working on an important painting for a church at the time, but the church painting was not going well. An Italian businessman asked da Vinci to paint a picture of the businessman’s second wife. This is the woman who can be seen in the Mona Lisa. All in all, the Mona Lisa is a very good example of da Vinci’s work. Da Vinci uses darkness and light in a clever way in the painting. Da Vinci loved science and math. Right away a person can see that there is a lot of geometry (几何) in the Mona Lisa. The face of Mona Lisa is made of many circles and round shapes like balls. Even her smile can be seen as a small part of a large circle. The woman in the painting is sitting on a balcony, and mountains can be seen behind her. Da Vinci loved to study rocks and mountains, so these can be seen over and over again in his other paintings. The woman is sitting with her knees to the side. Her head is turned to look out of the painting. Her hands are held together in front of her. This way of sitting is now used by many artists when they are painting a picture of a man or woman today.小题1:Who painted the Mona Lisa?A.A businessman. B.The second wife. C.A man in the church. D.Da Vinci.小题2:The woman in the painting is &&&&&&&&&&.A.standing in a gardenB.sitting on a balconyC.standing in front of her houseD.at the foot of a mountain小题3:Da Vinci loved to study all of the following things except &&&&&&&&&&&.A.the way people sit B.science and mathC.mountainsD.rocks
Madison Stump is a 13-year-old entrepreneur (企业家) in the USA. To save our planet, she has &1&&a green business, PaperAgain.Madison lives in a “green” family. She is &&2&&trying to be 100% earth friendly. One day, Mandison was thinking over what else she could do to help the environment.& 3 , she thought, “Why not &4&&those used boxes and paper to create beautiful notebooks? And I can sell them to help people in need.” That night, Mandison made her first notebook with scrap paper (废纸), and she used an empty gum box for a 5&. It was the &6 &of her green business.Mandison’s first customer was her sister. She, of course, never &&7&&it! However, Mandison didn’t mind because she got to see her use it. Before you know it, all Mandison’s school friends were asking to buy the amazing notebooks. Then, Mandison’s dad came up with the &&8&&idea of starting a website, , so that these notebooks could be bought online.Now Mandison is the &&9 &of a real business! Her notebooks are selling at the store in her hometown. And she is often &10 &on the local television news!小题1:A.set outB.set offC.set upD.set at小题2:A.alwaysB.alreadyC.neverD.nearly小题3:A.HappilyB.LuckilyC.FinallyD.Suddenly小题4:A.returnB.recycleC.repairD.replace小题5:A.coverB.paperC.faceD.book小题6:A.endB.changeC.startD.entrance小题7:A.paid forB.made forC.sent forD.waited for小题8:A.familiarB.sillyC.dullD.wonderful小题9:A.workerB.winnerC.ownerD.master小题10:A.explainedB.reportedC.repliedD.spread
Born in 1954 in Taiwan, Ang Lee(李安)has become one of today's greatest filmmakers. Ang graduated from the National Taiwan College of Arts in 1975. Later on, he went to the USA. for further study on art. And he got a Master Degree in Film Production at New York University.During Ang’s film career, he has made a lot of successful films and honored himself with many international awards. Early in 1993, Ang’s film The Wedding Banquet (喜宴)won a Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival, which drew the whole world’s attention to this Chinese director. In the following years, Ang’s talent got more brilliant. At the beginning of 2000, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon(Wo Hu Cang Long), a kongfu film directed by Ang Lee, won Best Foreign Language Film at the 73rd Academy Awards(奥斯卡金像奖). This surprised the world. However. what really takes Ang to the peak of the film world is the film Brokeback Mountain (2005). For this film, Ang Lee won the Best Director Academy Award. And he is the first Chinese director who’s ever won the golden statuette(小金人).In 2012, Ang made a huge success again. His first 3D film Life of Pi came out. It was a story about the adventure of a brave Indian boy. This film helped him beat out Michael Haneke of "Amour", Benh Zeitlin of "Beasts of the Southern Wild", Steven Spielberg of "Lincoln" and David O. Russell of "Silver Linings Playbook". For the second time, Ang was honored as the Best Director at the 85th Academy Awards in 2013. Along Ang Lee’s film road, we can say that he is really born for films and he is worth all the praise from the world, especially all the Chinese.小题1:How old was Ang Lee when he won the Best Director Academy Award for the second time? A.59.B.58C.51D.39小题2:Of the following films, which one is NOT made by Ang Lee? A.The Wedding Banquet.B.Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.C.Beasts of the Southern Wild.D.Life of Pi.小题3:According to the passage, what is the correct order of the following events? ①. Life of Pi came up on the screen. ②. Ang Lee went to America for further study.③. Ang Lee won a Golden Bear at the Berlin Film Festival.④. Ang Lee won Best Foreign Language Film at the 73rd Academy Awards.⑤. Ang graduated from the National Taiwan College of Arts.A.②⑤①③④B.②⑤④①③C.⑤②③④①D.⑤②④③①小题4:What is the Chinese meaning of the underlined word “peak” in the second paragraph? A.边缘B.顶峰C.荣誉D.成就小题5:According to the passage, which statement is RIGHT? A. Ang Lee was born in the USA.B. Ang Lee only won the Best Director Academy Award once.C. Life of Pi is Ang Lee’s second 3D film.D. Ang Lee has great talent in making films.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!114网址导航There was a pet store and the owner had a parrot. One day a walked in and the parrot said to the man ,“Hey you! The man said, “What!? The parrot said, “Your is really ugly. The man got very and wen 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
There was a pet store and the owner had a parrot. One day a &&&&&&&&&walked in and the parrot said to the man ,“Hey you!” The man said, “What!?” The parrot said, “Your &&&&&&&&&is really ugly.” The man got very &&&&&&&&&and went to the store owner and said, “Your bird just&&&&&&&&&&my wife. It said she was ugly.” The owner stormed over, &&&&&&&&&the bird, took it into the “black room,” shook it a bit, &&&&&&&&&out a few feathers, and said, “Don’t ever, ever say anything to&&&&&&&&&my customers again. You got that!!!” With that &&&&&&&&&he took the bird and put it back into its cage. The old bird shook out its&&&&&&&&&&&and relaxed in its cage. A couple of weeks &&&&&&&&&and in walked this guy and his wife again. The parrot said, “Hey you!” The guy said, “What!?” The parrot answered, “You know that.” 【小题1】 A.group B.team C.couple D.crowd
【小题2】 A.wife B.sister C.mother D.daughter
【小题3】 A.curious B.nervous C.guilty D.angry
【小题4】 A.greeted B.puzzled C.offended D.scared
【小题5】 A.hugged B.seized C.trained D.rescued
【小题6】 A.sent B.handed C.pulled D.dug
【小题7】 A.touch B.amuse C.cheat D.embarrass
【小题8】 A.warning B.comment C.suggestion D.request
【小题9】 A.eyes B.feathers C.fur D.skin
【小题10】 A.lasted B.arrived C.appeared D.passed
【小题1】C【小题2】A【小题3】D【小题4】C【小题5】B【小题6】C【小题7】D【小题8】A【小题9】B【小题10】D
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:完型填空
My nephew’s 10-year-old son came for a visit one hot, July weekend. I persuaded him to   inside and joined him in a game. After  for an hour, I suggested that we relax for a while. I fell into my favorite recliner(躺椅)to let my neck muscles relax. He'd slipped out of the room and I was catching a few   moments of peace and quiet."Look,Alice,” he said  as he ran over to the chair where I was sitting "I found a kite. Could we go outside and   it?"Glancing out a nearby window, I noticed it was  outside. “I'm sorry, Tripper,.” I said, sad to see his   eyes. "The wind is not blowing today. The kite won't fly.”The  10-year-old replied, “I think it's    enough. I can get it to fly,” he answered as he ran out to the back door   .Up and down in the yard he ran, pulling the kite   to a small length of string. He ran back and forth,as hard as his ten year-old    would carry him, looking back  at the kite behind. After about ten minutes of   determination, he came back in.I asked, "How did it go?""Fine,”he said, not wanting to admit   .“I got it to fly some”As he walked past me to return the kite to the closet shelf, I heard him say under his breath, "I guess I'll have to wait for the  .”At that moment I heard another Voice speak to my   . "Alice, sometimes you are just like that. You want to do it your way   waiting for the Wind.”And the voice was right. We usually want to use our own efforts to   what we want to do. We wait for the Wind only after we have done all we can and have exhausted(耗尽)our own   .We must learn how to rely on Him in the first place!【小题1】.A.liveB.studyC.stayD.lie【小题2】 .A.playingB.restingC.challengingD.arguing【小题3】.A.worriedB.troubledC.excitedD.enjoyable【小题4】.A.casuallyB.enthusiasticallyC.stubbornlyD.deliberately【小题5】.A.decorateB.dropC.hangD.fly【小题6】.A.hotB.stillC.noisyD.fine【小题7】.A.brightB.disappointedC.dullD.satisfied【小题8】.A.cleverB.talentedC.determinedD.fearless【小题9】.A.sunnyB.cloudyC.windyD.rainy【小题10】.A.hurriedlyB.curiouslyC.suddenlyD.unwillingly【小题11】.A.adaptedB.addedC.attachedD.devoted【小题12】.A.mindB.bodyC.armsD.legs【小题13】.A.angrilyB.nervouslyC.doubtfullyD.hopefully【小题14】A.unsuccessfulB.successfulC.uncomfortableD.comfortable【小题15】.A.winB.defeatC.mistakeD.luck【小题16】.A.windB.orderC.newsD.sunshine【小题17】.A.heartB.memoryC.dreamD.world【小题18】.A.regardless ofB.instead ofC.in spite ofD.in case of【小题19】.A.imagineB.decideC.applyD.accomplish【小题20】A.courageB.patienceC.strengthD.knowledge
Of course, she wasn't really my aunt and, out of fear, I never called her that to her face. I only ____&&&&&to her as "My Aunt Fannie" because it always made my father chuckle and my mother look &____&&&&&at both of us—at me for being _____&&&&&of my elder and at my father for _____&&&&&my bad behavior. I &____&&&&&both reactions so I grasped every opportunity to work the name into as many conversations as possible.As a young woman, my mother had worked in the _____&&&&&&of a large Victorian farmhouse owned by Fannie Cratty and her twin brother, Farnsworth. They represented the ____&&&&&of the Cratty line. Neither had married &____&&&&&had any living heirs(继承人) and my father once told me in a whisper that it was because they were both too &____&&&&&to share their family wealth. During those years my mother helped Aunt Fanny make the best blueberry jam ever &____&&&&&by anyone in Glenfield. She was noted for her jam and for never &____&&&&&the recipe with anyone else. ____&&&&&my mother knew the recipe by heart, as long as Aunt Fannie was alive, she ____&&&&&made the jam without Ms. Cratty in our kitchen to direct the process and preserve the secret.One year, after I had been particularly helpful with the jam process Aunt Fannie gave me a &____&&&&&&and then made me promise that I would never spend it. " ____&&&&&&this quarter," she said, "and some day you will be rich. I still have my very first quarter given by my grandfather." It had obviously &____&&&&&for her. So I followed her advice.I now have the blueberry jam recipe and the quarter from Aunt Fannie. In people's eye Aunt Fannie's &____&&&&&was attributed to that secret recipe. But to me, it was just a &____&&&&&recipe. However, I keep them as &____&&&&&to hold firmly the valuable things in life. Money can make you feel rich for a while, but it is the relationships and the memories of time spent with friends and family that truly leave you wealthy. And that is a ____&&&&&that anyone can build.【小题1】A.calledB.thoughtC.regardedD.referred【小题2】A.coldlyB.severelyC.delightedlyD.politely【小题3】A.disappointedB.disagreeableC.disrespectfulD.dissatisfied【小题4】A.encouragingB.scoldingC.forcingD.pushing【小题5】A.hatedB.respectedC.treatedD.enjoyed【小题6】A.barnB.kitchenC.yardD.garden【小题7】A.beginningB.startC.endD.glory【小题8】A.norB.andC.butD.yet【小题9】A.proudB.generousC.strictD.mean【小题10】&A.seenB.tastedC.cookedD.sold【小题11】&A.sharingB.tellingC.sellingD.giving【小题12】&A.As thoughB.As ifC.Even thoughD.Even if【小题13】A.everB.neverC.stillD.yet【小题14】A.quarterB.billC.noteD.cheque【小题15】A.Hold backB.Hold upC.Hold ontoD.Hold out【小题16】&A.matteredB.failedC.succeededD.worked【小题17】A.sorrowB.successC.scheduleD.signature【小题18】&A.usualB.normalC.ordinaryD.common【小题19】A.regulationsB.reflectionsC.remindersD.rewards【小题20】A.futureB.fortuneC.fantasyD.favor
Valentine’s Day is a popular festival of love and romance. There are &&&&&legends associated with the festival along with the belief that birds began to mate from this day. Historians trace (追踪)its &&&&&to an ancient Roman festival. It is said that in ancient Rome, people &&&&&a holiday on February 14th to honor Juno—the Queen of Roman Gods and Goddesses. On the following day, February 15th,the festival of Lupercalia was celebrated to honor the Roman God of Agriculture.An interesting &&&&&was followed on the festival of Lupercalia to bring together young boys and girls who otherwise were strictly &&&&&. On the eve of the festival, names of young Roman girls were written on a slip of paper and placed into jars. Each young man &&&&&a girl's name from the jar and was paired with the girl during the festival. Sometimes the &&&&&lasted for a year until next year's celebration. Quite often,the couple would fall in love with each other and &&&&&&marry. The custom lasted for a long time until people felt that it was un-Christian and that mates should be chosen by sight, not &&&&&.The pairing of young boys and girls set the mood of the Valentine's Day Festival as we know today. But it was &&&&&due to the efforts and daring of a priest St Valentine that the festival got its &&&&&&and clearer meaning. The story goes that Emperor Claudius II of Rome found it &&&&&to get soldiers and felt the reason why men did not join the &&&&&was that they did not wish to leave their wives and families. As a result, Claudius cancelled all marriages and engagements in Rome. St Valentine challenged Claudius's &&&&&order and secretly married couples. When his disobedience was &&&&&,Valentine was put to death on February 14, around 270 AD. After his death Valentine was named a saint.【小题1】A.acceptableB.familiarC.variousD.unrelated【小题2】A.possibilityB.developmentC.eventD.origin【小题3】A.studiedB.observedC.handledD.discussed【小题4】A.movementB.celebrationC.competitionD.custom【小题5】A.respectedB.educatedC.separatedD.organized【小题6】A.spoke outB.brought outC.pulled outD.drew out【小题7】A.pairingB.datingC.playingD.celebrating【小题8】A.fortunatelyB.occasionallyC.finallyD.surprisingly【小题9】A.orderB.riskC.nameD.luck【小题10】A.usuallyB.actuallyC.reallyD.factually【小题11】A.historyB.storyC.fameD.name【小题12】A.strangeB.slowC.awfulD.tough【小题13】A.warB.partyC.armyD.game【小题14】A.unfinishedB.unjustifiedC.unrecognizedD.unconcerned【小题15】A.discoveredB.attackedC.memorizedD.promised
Two men travelling through a forest together promised to help each other whatever danger threated them. They had not gone far ___【小题1】___ a bear rushed at them from some bushes. One man was a good ___【小题2】___(climb), and quickly climbed a nearby tree, but the other, ___【小题3】____(see) that he had no chance alone against the bear, fell flat on his back and pretended to be dead.The Bear came up to him, sniffed at him.The Bear thought the man was dead,so he went off into the wood again ___【小题4】____ hurting him.When he had gone, the other traveler came down from his tree, and __【小题5】____(smile) asked his companion what the Bear ___【小题6】___(say) to him. "For I could see," he said, " that he put his mouth close to your ear.""He told me to tell __【小题7】____," replied the other, "that you were __【小题8】____great coward(懦夫), and that in future I should not trust those ___【小题9】__make fine promises, but will not stand by their friends in danger."Don't trust fine promises __【小题10】___ you are sure of the person who makes them.
A certain good woman one day said something that hurt her best friend of many years.She____immediately and would have done anything to have taken the words back.____she said hurt the friend so much that this good woman was herself hurt____the pain she caused.____to cancel what she had done,she went to an older,wiser woman in the village,explained her situation,and asked for____.Listening to her,the older woman___the younger woman’s distress and knew she must help her.She also knew she could never____her pain,but she could teach.She knew the____would depend only on the character of the younger woman.She said,“Tonight,take your best feather pillows and put a single feather on the doorstep of each house in the town____the sun rises.”The young woman hurried____to prepare for her chore,even though the feather pillows were very____to her.All night long,she labored alone in the cold.Finally the sky was getting____,she placed the last feather on the steps of the last house.Just as the sun rose,she returned to____.“Now,” said the wise woman,“Go back and____your pillows with the feather you have put on the steps.Then everything will be____it was before.”“You know that’s____!The wind blew away each feather as fast as I placed them on the____!” The younger woman was surprised.“That’s true,” said the older woman.“Never forget.Each of your____is like a feather in the wind.Once spoken,no amount of effort,____how heartfelt or sincere,they can never return to your mouth.Choose your words well and____them most of all in the presence of those you love.”【小题1】 A.said B.felt C.regretted D.explained
【小题2】 A.That B.Which C.Who  D.What
【小题3】 A.for  B.as C.to D.of
【小题4】 A.By means   B.In an effort C.In addition  D.On account
【小题5】 A.question  B.suggestion C.advice   D.practice
【小题6】 A.sensed B.touched C.smelt  D.breathed
【小题7】 A.raise B.release C.relieve   D.rehearse
【小题8】 A.outline  B.outcome C.output  D.outbreak
【小题9】 A.until  B.unless C.after D.before
【小题10】 A.home  B.south C.inside D.outdoors
【小题11】 A.heavy  B.brilliant C.colorful D.dear
【小题12】 A.light   B.dark C.rainy D.sunny
【小题13】 A.her home B.the older woman C.her bedroom  D.the feather pillow
【小题14】 A.recite  B.rebuild C.refill D.recycle
【小题15】 A.with B.just C.like  D.as
【小题16】 A.impossible   B.important C.imaginable  D.immoral
【小题17】 A.house  B.doorsteps C.pillow  D.bag
【小题18】 A.action   B.feather C.words  D.behavior
【小题19】 A.friendless   B.regardless C.homeless   D.hopeless
【小题20】 A.guarantee B.secure C.maintain  D.guard
A boy was walking home from school when he saw a large, tempting (诱人的)apple on one of the branches of an apple tree hanging out over a tall fence. The boy wasn’t much of a fruit-eater, &&&&&&&&a bar of chocolate if given the choice,&&&&&&&&&&&, as they say, the forbidden fruit can be tempting. Seeing the apple, the boy wanted it. The more he looked at it, the &&&&&&&&he felt and the more he wanted that apple.He stood on tiptoe(脚尖), &&&&&&&&as high as he could, but even as his tallest &&&&&&&&&&he was unable to touch it. He began to &&&&&&&&up and down, as high as he could, at the &&&&&&&&of each jump stretching his arms to get the apple. Still it remained out of &&&&&&&. Not giving up, he thought, if only he had something to &&&&&&&&on. His school bag wouldn’t give enough height and he didn’t want to &&&&&&&&the things inside, like his lunch box, pencil case, and Gameboy. Looking &&&&&&&, he hoped he might find an old box, a rock, or, &&&&&&&&luck, even a ladder, but it was a tidy neighborhood and there was nothing he could use.
He had tried everything he could think to do. &&&&&&&&seeing any other choices, he gave up and started to walk &&&&&&&. At first he felt angry and disappointed thinking about how hungry he had become from his &&&&&&&, and how he really wanted that apple. The more he &&&&&&&&like this, the more unhappy he became.&&&&&&, the boy of our story was a pretty smart guy, even if he couldn’t always get what he wanted. He started to say to himself. This isn’t &&&&&&&. I don’t have the apple and I’m feeling miserable as well. There’s &&&&&&&&more I can do to get the apple—that is unchangeable—but we are supposed to be able to &&&&&&&&our feelings. If that’s the case, what can I do to feel better?【小题1】&A.preferring&B.offering&C.receiving&D.allowing&&【小题2】&A.so&B.then&C.but&D.or&&【小题3】&A.sadder&B.angrier&C.hungrier&D.tastier&&【小题4】&A.expanding&B.stretching&C.swinging&D.pulling&&【小题5】&A.strength&B.length&C.range&D.height&&【小题6】&A.jump&B.look&C.walk&D.glance&&【小题7】&A.tip&B.stage&C.top&D.level&&【小题8】&A.hope&B.hand&C.sight&D.reach&&【小题9】&A.put&B.stand&C.get&D.hold&&【小题10】&A.break&B.shake&C.take&D.strike&&【小题11】&A.up&B.forward&C.down&D.around&&【小题12】&A.for&B.with&C.on&D.of&&【小题13】&A.After&B.Through&C.Without&D.Upon&&【小题14】&A.back&B.away&C.up&D.down&&【小题15】&A.wishes&B.beliefs&C.efforts&D.goals&&【小题16】&A.thought&B.imagined&C.tried&D.claimed&&【小题17】&A.Therefore&B.However&C.Moreover&D.Otherwise&&【小题18】&A.skilful&B.cheerful&C.harmful&D.helpful&&【小题19】&A.something&B.anything&C.everything&D.nothing&&【小题20】&A.change&B.express&C.forget&D.describe&&
It was Mother’s Day and I was shopping at the local supermarket with my five-year-old son, Tenyson. As we were &&&&&&&&&, we realized that only minutes earlier an &&&&&&&&&woman had fallen over at the entrance and hit her head on the ground. &&&&&&&&&was with her, but there was blood everywhere and the woman was embarrassed and clearly in shock. &&&&&&&&&a lot of people stopped to help out.&&&&&&&&&we were walking towards the scene, Tenyson became very &&&&&&&&&about what had happened to the elderly couple. He &&&&&&&&&to me, “Mom, it’s not much fun falling over in front of &&&&&&&&.” Seeing that there was a flower stall(摊位)at the front of the supermarket, he added, “Why shouldn’t we &&&&&&&&&the lady a flower? It will make her feel better.” I was &&&&&&&&&that he’d come up with this &&&&&&&&&idea. So we went over and told the flower seller &&&&&&&&&we wanted. “Just take it,” she replied. “I &&&&&&&&&take your money for such a wonderful &&&&&&&&.” By now medical staff had arrived, and were &&&&&&&&&the injured woman. We gave the flower to the woman’s husband and I told him it was &&&&&&&&&my son. At that, the old man started crying and said, “Thank you very much.” He then turned to me, “You have a &&&&&&&&&son. Happy Mother’s Day to you.” The man bent down and gave his wife the flower, telling ger who it was from. &&&&&&&&&being badly hurt, the old lady looked up at Tenyson with &&&&&&&&&in her eyes and gave him a little &&&&&&&&&.【小题1】&A.leaving&B.driving&C.moving&D.stopping&&【小题2】&A.injured&B.awkward&C.honest&D.elderly&&【小题3】&A.Her husband&B.My son&C.The crowd&D.The seller&&【小题4】&A.Specifically&B.Particularly&C.Interestingly&D.Fortunately&&【小题5】&A.If&B.Since&C.While&D.Unless&&【小题6】&A.guilty&B.curious&C.angry&D.worried&&【小题7】&A.complained&B.said&C.lied&D.responded&&【小题8】&A.no one&B.someone&C.everyone&D.anyone&&【小题9】&A.lend&B.bring&C.leave&D.buy&&【小题10】&A.amazed&B.shocked&C.puzzled&D.concerned&&【小题11】&A.wise&B.sweet&C.innocent&D.crazy&&【小题12】&A.which&B.when&C.what&D.whether&&【小题13】&A.must not&B.can’t&C.may not&D.needn’t&&【小题14】&A.scene&B.habit&C.flower&D.deed&&【小题15】&A.checking with&B.looking after&C.operating on&D.paying for&&【小题16】&A.from&B.to&C.with&D.about&&【小题17】&A.respectful&B.cheerful&C.successful&D.wonderful&&【小题18】&A.Out of&B.Regardless of&C.Thanks to&D.As to&&【小题19】&A.love&B.hope&C.pity&D.pain&&【小题20】&A.idea&B.money&C.smile&D.comfort&&
I break off a piece of candy and take pleasure in its sweet outside and the bitter, dark chocolate inside, thinking of my own life. Being raised by a single parent was a bitter-sweet&&&&&, which gave me motivation and ambition.There were several years that have left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth .The first few months after my mother’s remarriage were sweet: baseball games, family trips to the mall, dinners and movies together. Then things&&&&&. Baseball became too expensive, and trips to the mall were&&&&&by days Emily and I spent lonely in our rooms under our stepfather’s&&&&&. Moreover, screaming matches between him and our mother always&&&&&dinner. We spent five years living in a family that had&&&&&a war field. Emily and I almost grew used to this situation. Then one evening, after another argument had&&&&&, we were left homeless . And later a friend of my mother let us stay with her. Instead of focusing on our economic problem, my mother&&&&&pushed me to struggle for success. She wanted me to lead a&&&&&life. She worked long hours every night to pay her bills.&&&&&, she would find time to read and play with Emily and me. Mom taught me the&&&&&of perseverance (坚持不懈) and education. And now, writing this essay with my favorite candy close at hand, I realize my family and I are at the best points of our lives. I haven’t let the trying times stop me from making&&&&&, both academically and personally. I know that a bitter environment can provide good learning experiences, and that success, even more than candy, is the sweetest treat of all. 【小题1】A.behaviorB.adventure C.activityD.experience【小题2】A.continued B.changedC.ruined D.disappeared【小题3】A.concerned B.associatedC.provided D.replaced【小题4】A.sympathyB.offers C.orders D.efforts【小题5】A.separatedB.interruptedC.harmedD.prepared【小题6】A.turned into B.turned upC.turned downD.turned on【小题7】A.brokeB.causedC.erupted D.delayed【小题8】A.mistakenlyB.obviouslyC.selflessly D.unwillingly【小题9】A.importantB.difficult C.dangerous D.comfortable【小题10】A.Instead B.OtherwiseC.Meanwhile D.Therefore【小题11】A.value B.cost C.priceD.theme【小题12】A.mistakes B.appointmentsC.arrangements D.achievements
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 pulling off 的文章

随机推荐