when the mam saw the carincident accidentt on the highway,he stopped in oroder to offer help

When the man saw the car accident on the highway, he stopped offer help. 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
When the man saw the car accident on the highway, he stopped _______________ 
  (为了) offer help. &
in order to
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:2014届内蒙古高一下学期期末考试英语试卷(解析版)
题型:阅读理解
Last year, on the night before the firstday of the Spring Festival, Hugo Pang was sitting in his huge flat on Hong KongIsland. It was late in the evening, and Hugo was sipping a glass of hisfavorite French brandy, and listening to music on his huge, expensive musiccenter. Pang lived alone, apart from the six maid who cooked and cleaned forhim, and the chauffeur(私家司机) who drove his Rolls-Royce。Suddenly, the room seemed to begin spinningaround him. Then there was a flash of light and a puff of smoke, and before himPang saw an old man dressed in traditional Chinese clothes. Pang looked at hisbrandy glass, and looked again at the old man. He was so frightened he couldn’tspeak.“Come with me,” said the old man, “I’mgoing to show you something.” He took Pang’s hand, and immediately the roomdisappeared, and Pang was standing in a field outside a village in GuangdongProvince. The houses were small and the village was poor, but in front of himPang saw a little crowd of children were playing. It was Spring Festival, andthe sound of firecrackers could be heard from inside the village, while smokerose over the roofs of the houses. Then, among the children playing, Pangrecognized himself. “We were poor then,” he said, “but we were happier. We hadto work hard to get everything we had.” 1.The first paragraph tells us that HugoPang was________
A.fat, rich and lazy
B.busy and tired
C.rich but lonely
D.very happy
2.When the old man first appeared, Panglooked at his brandy glass because__________
A.he thought he had too much brandy
B.he wanted to offer the old man some brandy
C.the glass was empty
D.he wanted more brandy
3.The village in the last paragraphwas___________
A.not a real village
B.very peaceful and beautiful
C.the place where Pang lived
D.where Pang had lived as a child.
4.The old wanted to show Pang that________
A.Spring Festival in Gang dong was fun
B.his money had not made him happier
C.life is better when you are a child
D.it is better to be rich and lazy that to be poor and hard working
来源:河南省学年高一下学期阶段测试(二)英语试题
题型:完形填空
&完形填空部分(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)& 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36—55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。Anna lived on the side of a valley. One winter,there was a very big flood, and a lot of houses& 36&&&Anna's were washed away. Anna's house was high enough to escape the flood, sowhen the water had disappeared and the other houses were __37&&&there with no roof and no walls and all covered with __38&& , herhouse was&&& 39&& quite all right.&&&& Her house wasquite small, her husband was dead, and she had four children,&&& 40&&& Anna took in one of the families thathad lost&& 41&&& in the flood and she& 42&& her home with them until it was& &&43&&for them to rebuild their houses.&&& Anna's friendswere&& 44&&& when they saw Anna do this. They couldnot understand why Anna wanted to give&& 45&& so much morework and trouble when she already had quite a few children to&&46&& .&Well,& Anna& &47&her friends, &at the end of the First World War, a woman in the town whereI& 48&& lived found herself very poor, because herhusband&& 49&&& in the war and she had a lot of children,&& 50&&& I have now. The day before Christams, thiswoman said to her children, ‘We won’t be able to have much for&&51&&& this year, so I’m going to&&52&&& only one present for all of us. Now I’ll go and get it.’She came back&& 53&&& a girl who was even poorer than they, and who had no parents. ‘Here’s our present, ’ she said to herchildren. The children were&&& 54&&& to get sucha present. They welcomed the little girl, and she grew up as theirsister.&& 55&&& was that Christmas present.”36.A.downbelow&&&&&& B.just around&&&&&&&& C.next to&&&&&& D.above37.A.rising &&&B.appearing& &&&C.falling&&&&&&&& D.standing38.A.water&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&B.trees &&&&&&&C.dust&& &&&D.mud39.A.just&&& &&&&&&&B.already&&&&&& &&&C.yet&&&& &&&D.still40.A.so&&&&&& &&&&&&&B.but&&&& &&&&&&&C.for&&&&& &&&D.since41.A.nothing&&&&& &&&B.everything &&&C.anything&&& D.something42.A.made &&&&&&&B.found &&&C.shared&&&&&&& D.built43.A.possible&&&& &&&B.necessary& &&&C.important& D.valuable44.A.worried&&&&& &&&B.disappointed&&&&& C.puzzled&&&&& D.impressed45.A.them &&&&&&&B.herself&&&&&&& &&&C.them all&&&& D.her46.A.support&&&&& &&&B.supply&&&&&&&& &&&C.grow& &&&D.keep47.A.explainedto&&&&&& B.asked for&& &&& C.talked withD.spoke as48.A.actually&&&&& &&&B.then&& &&&&&&&C.before&&&&&&& D.later49.A.hadkilled&& &&& B.might be killed&& &&& C.had been killed& D.killed50.A.for&&&&& &&&&&&&B.as&&&&&& &&&&&&&C.like&&&& &&&D.that51.A.you&&&& &&&&&&&B.us&&&&&& &&&&&&&C.Christmas D.your birthday52.A.get&&&& &&&&&&&B.send& &&&&&&&C.buy&&&& &&&D.make53.A.for&&&&& &&&&&&&B.from& &&&&&&&C.like&&&& &&&D.with54.A.sad&&&& &&&&&&&B.happy&&&&&&&& &&&C.worried&&&&& D.sorry55.A.It&&&&&&& &&&&&&&B.She&&&& &&&&&&&C.Such&& &&&D.I&
来源:河南省0910学年高一下学期阶段测试2(英语)
题型:完型填空
完形填空部分(共20小题;每小题1.5分,满分30分)& 阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从36—55各题所给的四个选项(A、B、C和D)中,选出最佳选项。Anna lived on the side of a valley. Onewinter, there was a very big flood, and a lot of houses& 36&& &Anna'swere washed away. Anna's house was high enough to escape the flood, so when thewater had disappeared and the other houses were __37&& &therewith no roof and no walls and all covered with __38&& , her housewas&& &39 &&quite all right.&&&& Her house wasquite small, her husband was dead, and she had four children ,& &&40&&&Anna took in one of the families that had lost&& 41&&& in the flood and she& 42&& her home with them until it was &&&43&& for them to rebuild their houses.&&& Anna's friendswere&& 44&&& when they saw Anna do this. They couldnot understand why Anna wanted to give&& 45& &so much morework and trouble when she already had quite a few children to&&46&& . &&Well,& Anna &&47&her friends, &at the end of the First World War, a woman in the town whereI& 48&& lived found herself very poor, because her husband &&49&&& in the war and she had a lot of children, &&50&&& I have now. The day before Christams, this woman said to her children,‘We won’t be able to have much for &&51&&& this year,so I’m going to &&52&&& only one present for all ofus. Now I’ll go and get it.’ She came back &&53&&& a girl who was even poorer than they, and who had no parents. ‘Here’s our present, ’ she said to her children. The children were &&&54&&&to get such a present. They welcomed the little girl, and she grew up as theirsister. &&55&&& was that Christmas present.”36.A.downbelow&&&&&& B.just around&&&&&&&& C.next to&&&&&& D.above37.A.rising B.appearing& C.falling&&&&&&&& D.standing38.A.water&&&&&&&& B.trees C.dust&& D.mud39.A.just&&& B.already&&&&&& C.yet&&&& D.still40.A.so&&&&&& B.but&&&& C.for&&&&& D.since41.A.nothing&&&&& B.everything C.anything&&& D.something42.A.made B.found C.shared&&&&&&& D.built43.A.possible&&&& B.necessary& C.important& D.valuable44.A.worried&&&&& B.disappointed&&&&& C.puzzled&&&&& D.impressed45.A.them B.herself&&&&&&& C.them all&&&& D.her46.A.support&&&&& B.supply&&&&&&&& C.grow& D.keep47.A.explainedto&&&&&& B.asked for&& C.talked with&&&&&&&& D.spoke as48.A.actually&&&&& B.then&& C.before&&&&&&& D.later49.A.hadkilled&& B.might be killed&& C.had been killed& D.killed50.A.for&&&&& B.as&&&&&& C.like&&&& D.that51.A.you&&&& B.us&&&&&& C.Christmas D.your birthday52.A.get&&&& B.send& C.buy&&&& D.make53.A.for&&&&& B.from& C.like&&&& D.with54.A.sad&&&& B.happy&&&&&&&& C.worried&&&&& D.sorry55.A.It&&&&&&& B.She&&&& C.Such&& D.I&
来源:江苏省2010届高三下学期冲刺模拟卷(英语)
&Maybe you’re really busy. Maybe you don’thave much to say. Or maybe you’re just lazy. Not a problem. This free serviceworks by letting you broadcast a group text message to your {fiends’ mobilephones from either your own phone, an instant message or an online form attwitter, com. All your notes are then stored and displayed on your personalprofile page on the site, which includes links to your friends’ Twitter pages,a thumbnail picture of your choice, and a short bio. All this is what the newservice Twitter can bring you. Just remember to keep it short: posts arelimited to !40 characters, and the topic is, invariably, “What are you doing?”More often than not, it turns out,Twitter’s 100,00 members--twice as many as it had just a month ago, accordingto Twitter business development director Biz Stone--are simply killing time.Even Presidential hopeful John Edwards is on it, although he seems to be theonly one thinking about more than lunch. As I type this, Caroline is mullingover some Girl Scout cookies, Ian Hocking is “waiting for Jessica to arrive sowe can eat!” and Hlantz is “having a nice cup of Soft Starmint tea.”The chatter (闲话) about Twitter turned into a virtual roar twoweeks ago during the South by Southwest Multimedia Festival in Austin, Texas,when the barebones service owned by Blogger founder Evan Williams, 34, wasnamed the best blogging tool and attendees used it to meet up at parties.Nevertheless, Twitter has been the top term on blog search engine Technoratifor the past two weeks.Plenty of people would happily have Twittersilenced, rather than tolerate the beeping alert for yet another new text message.But I’m betting that Twitter will get a lot noisier before netizens move on tothe next new thing. We cyberjunkies need a new thrill, and what is better thana service like Twitter that combines social networking, blogging and texting?And if you don’t like it, well, in the words of one Twit from San Francisco,“I’m so sick to death of Twitter-haters. If you don’t like it, why waste yourtime writing, reading, or talking about it?”1. This text is intended to __________.A. point out the virtues and faults ofTwitter&&& B. tell people how to use Twitter to communicateC. give a general outline &&&&&& D. introduce a new and easy way ofinstant communication2. According to the text, Twitter isdesigned mainly for the purpose of ___________.A. promoting products and services&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.talking about small daily thingsC. discussing serious social matters&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.attracting voters for presidential election3. We know from the text that Twitter maybe superior to Blogger in that ________.A. it limits each user’s texting under 140words&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.it saves users’ time and thinkingC. it can be easily operated through users’mobile phonesD. it is newly invented by Blogger ownerEvan Williams4. By quoting one Twit from San Francisco,the author implies that ___________.A. like it or not, Twitter will be acceptedby more and more peopleB. if one doesn’t like Twitter, he/she canchoose not to mention itC. writing, reading and talking aboutTwitter is a waste of timeD. twitter users naturally have a strongdislike for non-Twitter users&
来源:全国通用2010届高考阅读理解专项练习
(三)AI recently spent two years in the Arcticfilming the series Blue Planet. I love being in an environment that hasn'tchanged for 20,000 years. Of course it's freezing, but it must be a healthy placebecause you never catch colds.When I'm filming, I like to really feel howlonely the environment is. Filming underwater involves cutting through thickice and diving in tied to a line. The person at the other end has to be readyto pull you out fast if necessary.Originally I was a research diver for theBritish Antarctic Survey project, but for me science lacked excitement. I'dalways enjoyed photography, and whenever camera teams passed through, theyencouraged me to watch and learn. I was then able to move into filming in 1985and have concentrated on Arctic and Antarctic wildlife ever since.I prefer to be faced with the animals I'mfilming. I haven't got in the water with killer whales yet, but I plan to. Ofcourse, it's dangerous if you choose the wrong moment. They're big animals andcan move fast, so I'd be stupid to film them searching for food!I've never had problems with polar bears,although once I was frightened when one tried to get into my tent. Polar bearsare bold, clever and dangerous. But I made this one see I wasn't about toattack it - I'm sure it realised I wouldn't hurt it.When I come home back from my trips, I workin the mornings and spend the afternoons swimming to keep fit. Now I'm fifty,filming is harder. The challenge for me is to continue to deliver high-qualitywork.56. In this text, the writer is describing__________.A. the challenges of the environment heworks in &&&&& B. the beautiful scenery of the ArcticC. the career opportunities in TV camerawork.&&  D.the difficulties of having to work alone57. What does the writer say about hisearly career?A. He was bored by working only inAntarctic.B. It taught him how to become a skilleddiver.C. He wasted the years he spent as ascientist.D. It provided him with a chance to learnabout filming. 58. When talking about killer whales, thewriter says that __________.A. he has always been careful when divingwith themB. he tries to avoid any danger by facingthemC. he will only film them from a safedistanceD. he believes there are safe opportunitiesto film them59. How does the writer describe hisexperience with a polar bear? A. The writer realized he was wrong totrust polar bears.B. The writer felt nervous that the bearmight come back.C. The bear seemed to know the writerwasn’t a danger.D. The animal was much more afraid than thewriter was.&
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 car accident 的文章

随机推荐