you are super smart and beautiful lovefrom the day l saw you 中文什么意思

I can remember the day my father came home from the war. As he walked up the front path of our home, he saw Mum and me and he dropped the suitcase.I was only five years old so Dad made a fuss of me, t 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
成绩波动大?难提高?听顶级名师视频辅导,
& 题目详情
I can remember the day my father came home from the war. As he walked up the front path of our home, he saw Mum and me and he dropped the suitcase.I was only five years old so Dad made a fuss of me, then began making an even bigger fuss of my mother. This left me free to examine all the stuff lying around the broken suitcase, and I was quick to notice a newspaper advertisement displaying a new piano. When Dad saw me holding up the newspaper cutting, he smiled.“Yes, that’s right,” he said. “I bought your mum a piano for ten pounds down and two pounds a week.”A few moments later, a horse pulled a cart with a piano on top. Soon we all stared at it in our small lounger room. Mum had never been close to a piano before, except at the kindergarten I attended, and she used to say how wonderful it would be if the teachers could teach her to play.After tea that night, Mum began to teach herself to play. She plinked the keys for about two hours and drove everybody in the street mad, until Dad gently said, “Enough is enough.” From that day on, she would plink between doing the cooking and housework. Three months went by and Mum was now a skilled pianist, holding parties with all the neighbors gathering around to sing.Although we were poor, Mum felt like a princess and was delighted at all the attention she was receiving.At the height of Mum’s happiness, I began to notice that Dad was looking increasingly worried. It turned out that since returning from the war, he’d been unable to find a job. Then, a few weeks later, I observed two men taking Mum’s piano away. Mum sobbed in the kitchen. Suddenly, it all became clear to me: no job, no money, no piano.Dad finally got a job. Mum was happy again as if he’d just win the lottery(彩票). Dad had to study to qualify as an account. Every night after dinner he’d place a stack of books on the kitchen table and study late into the night. Mum didn’t say much but I could tell she was proud of Dad. Two years later, Dad bought Mum another piano. This time he paid cash for it.小题1:How did the author’s Dad buy the piano for his mum?A.He paid part of the bill regularly.B.He earned it by winning a bet.C.He paid cash for it.D.He bought it as a big bargain.小题2:By saying “Enough is enough”, the author’s dad meant_______.A.practice makes perfectB.it was time to stop practicingC.he couldn’t bear being troubledD.his wife played the piano well enough小题3:What happened to the author’s mum’s first piano?A.It was lost.B.It was broken by one neighbor.C.It was sold by his dad.D.It was taken away.小题4:What made the author’s mum proud of his dad?A.His dad’s willingness to help cook.B.His dad’s winning the lottery luckily.C.His dad’s loyalty to his motherland.D.His dad’s determination to rebuild his life.
小题1:A小题2:B小题3:D小题4:D试题分析:本文是篇记叙文,作者的父亲从战场上回来,为母亲按揭买了一架钢琴,后来却因为没有工作,无法继续支付钢琴的费用,导致钢琴被搬走,但父亲没有失去生活的信心,通过孜孜不倦的学习,重新获得工作,并用现金为母亲买了一架钢琴。小题1:根据I bought your mum a piano for ten pounds down and two pounds a week.可知爸爸给妈妈买这架钢琴是按揭买的,故选A。小题2:She plinked the keys for about two hours and drove everybody in the street mad, until Dad gently said, “Enough is enough.” ,故选B。小题3:根据Then, a few weeks later, I observed two men taking Mum’s piano away,可知父亲从战场上回来,由于没有工作没有钱继续为钢琴按揭,所以钢琴被人搬走了,故选D。小题4:从倒数第二自然段,可以看出父亲很有决心来改变生活,他很珍惜来之不易的工作,每天学习到很晚,故选D。点评:这篇文章非常简单,先看问题,再带着问题读短文,理解了全文内容,很容易选出正确答案。在阅读时,注意体会文章中父亲的对家庭的细腻的情感。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
I became lame (瘸的) in both legs in my childhood. I can’t stand &36 &the support of two sticks. Only in my wheelchair can I “ 37 ” .I still remembered the first day at 38&. When I appeared at the door, &&39 &in the classroom stared (凝视) at me in &40&. My face turned &41 &. I couldn’t help& 42 &&back. It was the &43 &and sympathy (同情) in their eyes that &44 &me doing so. I went shyly towards an unoccupied (空的) seat.Being lame, I didn’t dare to &45&in front of my classmates. I was afraid that I might be &46& at. In those days I was very sad to see others walking &&47&.One day, a few students came up to me and asked me to go outside. I was really &&48 &. They encouraged me with a(n)&&49&&smile and &&50&&me in my wheelchair from place to place. I was &&51 &to them for giving me a chance to see the &&52&&of our lovely school with my own eyes.After that we often read, played and talked together. My friends are always &&53 &&to help me. It made me &&54&&I am handicapped (残疾的).Once they asked me, “What is the most beautiful thing in our school?” Without hesitation (犹豫) I said, “ It is the &&55&.”小题1:A.withB.withoutC.underD.on小题2:A.walkB.runC.sitD.stand小题3:A.schoolB.wheelchairC.homeD.hospital小题4:A.heB.sheC.everyone D.nobody小题5:A.thoughtB.interest C.anger D.surprise小题6:A.red B.brownC.white D.black小题7:A.enteringB.hidingC.comingD.turning小题8:A.feelingB.kindness C.sorrowD.pain小题9:A.madeB.preventedC.keptD.let小题10:A.walkB.studyC.practiceD.speak小题11:A.laughedB.smiledC.staredD.looked小题12:A.quicklyB.slowlyC.happilyD.shyly小题13:A.braveB.sadC.hurtD.excited小题14:A.honest B.friendly C.luckilyD.handsome小题15:A.pushed B.placedC.drewD.pull小题16:A.satisfiedB.sorryC.loyal D.grateful小题17:A.signsB.sightsC.buildings D.students小题18:A.readyB.smartC.wise D.unwilling小题19:A.forget B.remember C.imagineD.think小题20:A.teachersB.schoolyardC.classmatesD.friendship
It’s only after three weeks into a new job that I made a serious mistake. My boss called it “extremely embarrassing” in a company-wide e-mail — which, &&&11&&, he wrote because he felt he needed to explain that what I did was something &&&12&&&in the company should ever do. I wish I &&&13&&&give a good excuse for what I did. At the very least, I wish I could explain it somehow — &&&14&&&it on youth, inexperience or ignorance. Unfortunately, I’m &&&15&&, experienced and I know better.&& 16&&&I work with some very kind and compassionate (富于同情心的) people. For the past couple of days many of them have taken time to &&&17&&&by my desk and offer comfort, encouragement and support. Some have shared with me similar &&&18&&&they have made. Evidently I’m not the only “&& 19&&” person here.One of the exchanges I had this week was with Lois, the much-honored, much-respected professional who &&&20&&&the desk right next to mine. Lois was completely &&&21&&&about her work, and to be honest I was a little nervous about how she would &&&22&&&to such an extremely embarrassing incident.As I expected, Lois didn’t pass over the &&&23&&&when she saw me the next day. She mentioned it directly, &&&24&&&with empathetic consideration. She listened to my &&&25&&. Just as I was ready to express my regrets, she brought my self-pity partly to a(n) &&&26&&.“It happened”, she said, “There’s nothing you can do to &&&27&&&that. It happened. But it’s over now. It’s &&&28&&. It’s in the past. You need to let it go, and move on.” And with that she returned her &&&29&&&to her work, as if to say, “We’re done here.” I beat myself up for weeks. At such times I need to remember those &&&30&&&words: It’s over. It’s done. Let it go. And mostly, move on.小题1:A.by the way B.in the way C.on the way D.to the way小题2:A.someoneB.anyone C.no one D.the one小题3:A.should B.might C.willD.could小题4:A.fixB.blame C.rely D.put小题5:A.outgoing B.old C.cheerful D.energetic小题6:A.Thankfully B.Naturally C.Generally D.Hopefully小题7:A.work B.stopC.watch D.sit小题8:A.decisions B.troublesC.attempts D.mistakes小题9:A.annoying B.confusing C.embarrassing D.puzzling小题10:A.repairs B.wants C.works D.occupies小题11:A.mad B.serious C.curious D.hopeful小题12:A.react B.agree C.turn D.object小题13:A.issue B.outcome C.standard D.message小题14:A.for B.therefore C.butD.otherwise小题15:A.challengeB.imaginationC.conclusion D.explanation小题16:A.order B.key C.end D.process小题17:A.forgetB.ruinC.prevent D.change小题18:A.brokenB.doneC.lost D.kept小题19:A.attention B.skill C.patience D.interest小题20:A.sweet B.pleasantC.meaningful D.colorful
The night of graduation, I was afraid. Two hundred people were sitting out there. I felt tense and I wanted to run away, &36&&I couldn’t! After all, my own children were sitting in front of me with many other persons. I couldn’t be a coward(懦夫) before &37&.When I ended the speech, I was&&38&&at the cheering. And I never forget the first time I received the cheering in my life.Flowers arrived&&39 &my brothers and sister. My husband gave me silk roses. The reporters came with &&40 and recorders and lots of questions. There were tears and hugs and congratulations.Sometimes, I sit down and &&41&&the tape of my gaduation speech. I hear myself say to the audience, “Don’t’ give up your &&42 &in life. Anything can happen if you believe. It means hard work, but& 43&&sure that you can do it, with God’s help.”And then, I remember mother’s &&44 &to me , a young girl: “Hurry, Gin, you’ll be late for school.”Yes, Mom, I was late &45 &school, but it was sweeter for waiting. I only wish you and Dad could have been there to see your daughter and granddaughter in all their show and speech.小题1:A.andB.thenC.soD.but小题2:A.themB.themselvesC.himD.himself小题3:A.worriedB.worryingC.surprisedD.surprising小题4:A.atB.inC.toD.from小题5:A.booksB.newspapersC.camerasD.cars小题6:A.put upB.put downC.put onD.put off小题7:A.speechB.ideasC.dreamsD.love小题8:A.letB.takeC.getD.make小题9:A.shoutB.shoutingC.callD.calling小题10:A.toB.forC.ofD.with
Dear Ralph,I’m a girl in Grade Two in senior middle school. In junior middle school I did very well in my studies. But when I entered senior middle school I began to __41__ the bitterness (苦涩) of failure.A girl who was not as good as me in __42__ middle school surpassed (超过) me. My mother often scolds me. I can’t __43__ her, so when I return home I don’t want to talk to her. When I do a good job, she __44__ says, “Don’t be so __45__. Think of XXX, she did better than you.” Am I proud? __46__. I just want to give __47__ confidence. When I do something bad, she says, “What are you doing? Think of XXX, she is always better than you.” I had a(an) __48__talk with her. But she just said __49__, “When you grow up, you will know that I have done good for you.”I can’t __50__ with her. I don’t want to go with her. What should I do?CinderellaCinderella,First analyze (分析) by yourself __51__ you have fallen behind. Is there something wrong with you, __52__ is the girl who surpassed you an outstanding person who is always at the __53__. And does it matter? Can you be number two and __54__ do well in exams and get into a good university?To communicate, ask your __55__ about her own life. Did someone surpass her? If she regrets any experiences, she may hope you will realize her own __56__. This wish is common among __57__.__58___, don’t blame that she should seek success. If she scolds but cannot help, she clearly knows study is important but does not know how to study__59__.Do __60__ you think is best.小题1:A.meetB.tasteC.understandD.see小题2:A.juniorB.highC.seniorD.super小题3:A.trustB.realizeC.standD.believe小题4:A.alwaysB.seldomC.hardlyD.sometimes小题5:A.satisfiedB.happyC.proudD.excited小题6:A.NeverB.YesC.HardlyD.Almost小题7:A.myselfB.meC.herselfD.her小题8:A.warm-heartedB.open-heartedC.kind-heartedD.broken-hearted小题9:A.warmlyB.nervouslyC.firmlyD.coldly小题10:A.talkB.communicateC.stayD.sit小题11:A.whyB.whenC.whetherD.where小题12:A.butB.orC.andD.yet小题13:A.headB.topC.ceilingD.front小题14:A.everB.stillC.eitherD.even小题15:A.classmateB.fellowC.teacherD.mother小题16:A.experienceB.failureC.dreamD.regret小题17:A.studentsB.peopleC.teachersD.parents小题18:A.HoweverB.ButC.ThoughD.And小题19:A.fastB.busilyC.effectivelyD.hard小题20:A.all whichB.thatC.all whatD.what
题型:阅读理解
It’s not uncommon in America for a person to belong to some kind of volunteer group. Donating one’s time and services is very much a part of the American way of life. Most charitable activities are organized by churches and groups around the nation and even encouraged by the government. The helping hand is extended to the poor, the homeless and the disabled. Some people work to teach youngsters how to read. Others open up soup kitchens to feed the homeless. Volunteers also take care of the disabled by making reading tapes for the blind and working in orphanages(孤儿院)to help children without parents. High school students are often encouraged to become volunteers and many school club activities center around volunteer services. Students may work with disabled children during a summer program, or participate in a club activity which helps to bring meal to senior citizens who are shut-ins. With their sense of idealism(理想主义)students are often eager to donate their spare time. They see such activities as a way of becoming involved in the community and the adult-world. Social action for them becomes as &&important as their academic studies. In a like manner, throughout the year,fund raising drives are also conducted by schools and community groups to raise money for a worthy cause. They may respond to a recent earthquake in a foreign country, a flood somewhere within their own, or another natural disaster which has left people destitute and homeless. They may organize drives to collect food, clothing and medicines to serve an immediate need. Today even the Halloween custom of ‘trick or treat’has become an occasion to collect money for a charitable cause. The motive to help those less fortunate comes from the poor origins of the American nation. Those immigrants who were poor and downtrodden(受压迫的)became dependent on the kindness of their neighbors to make a new life for themselves.American volunteers work throughout the world in less developed countries. They volunteer by serving as a champion of goodwill both at home and abroad, which no doubt enriches both his life and those whom he serves.小题1: Which of the following charitable activities is NOT mentioned in the passage?A.Some people open up soup kitchens to feed homeless people.B.Some students bring meals to old people who can’t go out easily.C.Some people collect money to help a foreign country with a recent earthquake.D.Some students donate books to children in mountainous areas.小题2: Why are American high school students eager to do voluntary work?A.Because they want to participate in some social activities.B.Because they want to go to better universities.C.Because they can get higher scores at school.D.Because they can realize their dream sooner.小题3:The underlined word “destitute” in Paragraph 4 probably means&&&&&&&&&& .A.lifelessB. pennilessC.uselessD.valueless小题4: American charitable activities started because ___________.A.Americans are always ready to share with othersB.Americans are mostly kindC.poor immigrants needed help badlyD.poor Americans couldn’t live on without help小题5: What’s the best title of the passage?A.The Call from the PoorB.Voluntary Work in the USC.Ways to help the PoorD.American Volunteers Around the World
Three boys and three girls were going to Fort Lauderdale and when they boarded the bus,they were carrying sandwiches and wine in paper bags,dreaming of golden beaches as the gray cold of New York vanished behind them. As the bus passed through New Jersey,they began to notice Vingo, He sat in front of them,dressed in a plain,ill-fitting suit,never moving,his dusty face masking his age. He kept chewing the inside of his lip a lot,frozen into some personal cocoon of silence.Deep into the night,outside Washington,the bus pulled into Howard Johnson's,and everybody got off except Vingo. He sat rooted in his seat,and the young people began to wonder about him,trying to imagine his life:perhaps he was a sea captain,a runaway from his wife,an old soldier going home. When they went back to the bus,one of the girls sat beside him and introduced herself."We're going to Florida,” she said brightly, “I hear it's really beautiful.”“It is,”he said quietly,as if remembering something he had tried to forget. "Want some wine?" she said. He smiled and took a swig.& He thanked her and once again returned to his silence. After a while,she went back to the others,and Vingo nodded in his sleep. In the morning,they awoke outside another Howard Johnson's.And this time Vingo went in.& The girl insisted that he join them.& He seemed very shy, and ordered black coffee and smoked nervously as the young people chattered about sleeping on beaches. When they returned to the bus,the girl sat with Vingo again,and after a while, slowly and painfully,he told his story. He had been in jail in New York for the past four years,and now he was going home.“Are you married?”“I don't know.“You don’t know?” she said.“Well,when I was in jail I wrote to my wife,”he said. “I told her that I was going to be away a long time,and that if she couldn't stand it.if the kids kept asking questions,if it hurt too much,well she could just forget me, I'd understand. Get a new guy,I said she's a wonderful woman,really something and forget about me. I told her she didn't have to write me for nothing.& And she didn't.& Not for three and a half years.”"And you’re going home now,not knowing?”“Yeah,”he said shyly. “Well,last week,when I was sure the parole (假释) was coming through, I wrote her again.& We used to live in Brunswick,just before Jacksonville,and there’s a big oak (橡树) tree just as you came into town. I told her that if she'd take me back,she should put a yellow handkerchief on the tree,and I'd get off and come home,& If she didn't want me, forget it, no handkerchief,and I'd go on through.” "Vow,” the girl exclaimed. "Wow.”She told the others,and noon all of them were in it, caught up in the approach of Brunswick,looking at the pictures Vingo showed them of his wife and three children. The woman was handsome in a plain way,the children still unformed in the much-handled snapshots. Now they were 20 miles from Brunswick, and the young people took over window seat on the right side,waiting for the approach of the great oak tree. The bus acquired a dark,hushed mood,full of the silence of absence and lost years. Vingo stopped looking, tightening his face into the ex-con's mask, as if fortifying himself against still another disappointment.Then Brunswick was ten miles, and then five. Then,suddenly,all of the young people were up out of their seats,screaming and shouting and crying,doing small dances of joy. All except Vingo. Vingo sat there stunned,looking at the oak tree. It was covered with yellow handkerchiefs,20 of them,30 of them,maybe hundreds,a tree that stood like a banner of welcome billowing in the wind. As the young people shouted,the old rose and made his way to the front of the bus to go home.小题1:Which is right about Vingo?A.He was a sea captain. B.He was a runaway from his wife,C.He was an old soldier going home. D.He was a prisoner.小题2: The underlined word "`exclaimed" probably indicates that the girl was“______”A. surprised&&&&&&& B:& angry&&&&&&&& C:& embarrassed&&&& D.& puzzled小题3: From the story,we know that A.the young people and Vingo loved New YorkB.Vingo dressed himself decentlyC.Vingo's Wife didn't write to him because she didn't miss himD.the young people were happy for Vingo because he could went home小题4:What is the best title for the story?A.An Unexpected ReturnB.Forgiving My Absence C.Going HomeD.The Old Oak Tree
Heroes come in different forms. They are the people who save lives and the people who can stand 36 &&times. My hero is my mother. When she was diagnosed(诊断)with breast cancer, I was 37&&. I didn’t understand how she could appear so healthy 38&&&a deadly disease existed inside.
My mother went 39&&a mastectomy(乳房切除手术)to remove the cancerous cells. For a month after her surgery (外科手术) she was unable to do anything. It was after this surgery that my mother 40&&me the most. Her inactivity really made her& frustrated (沮丧), but she never 41&&. She is a strong woman. Unlike some, she never 42&&why she had got cancer. Instead, she 43&&it and remained optimistic(乐观的).44&&&my mother’s illness, I had to step in to do the housework. Previously I would have 45&&not to, but I knew this was my 46&&.Those weeks passed slowly but in the end I had a new 47&&for my mom. I had never 48 &all the things she does on a regular basis. Simple things like cleaning, cooking, laundry and bills really started to become great 49&&&. During this special period, I saw the amazing supportive group we have. My parents’ friends couldn’t have done 50&&&.They stopped by on a regular basis, cooked meals, and supplied us with anything we 51&&.They let me know that we will always be there 52&&&each other. My mother is healthier now and back to her 53&&&activities. Our lives are busy but I am a little more willing to 54&&around the house. I &&55&my mother’s ability to stay optimistic and I only hope that some day I can be lucky enough to be like her.小题1:A.present B.short C.boring D.hard小题2:A.shockedB.discouragedC.disappointedD.hurt小题3:A.but B.though C.whileD.since小题4:A.upB.throughC.away D.off小题5:A.worriedB.impressedC.benefited fromD.depended on小题6:A.complainedB.mindedC.movedD.spoke小题7:A.questionedB.explainedC.understoodD.learned小题8:A.welcomedB.received C.changedD.accepted小题9:A.As well asB.Because ofC.In caseD.As a result小题10:A.beggedB.refusedC.decidedD.pretended小题11:A.chanceB.turnC.luckD.responsibility小题12:A.respectB.opinionC.giftD.job小题13:A.thoughtB.knownC.realized D.understood小题14:A.lessonsB.pleasuresC.troublesD.experiences小题15:A.allB.nothingC.lessD.more小题16:A.dreamedB.knewC.neededD.borrowed小题17:A.fromB.forC.againstD.without小题18:A.interestingB.often C.busyD.normal小题19:A.work outB.set outC.look aboutD.help out小题20:A.treasureB.respectC.admireD.admit
Are you an optimist? Do you look at your glass and see it as half full? Do you believe that every cloud has a silver lining and that generally things turn out for the best? Do you believe that if something is meant to be, it will be? If you reply “yes” to all of these questions, then you are an optimist. You probably are enthusiastic, cheerful and outgoing. You may well be successful atwork and in love.But you may be misguided because things don’t turn out for the best. You may believe that when one door closes another one opens (for example,you may fail to obtain a new job,another chance will come around soon), Wrong. When one door closes, another door slams in your face. That's bitter reality.Now a book has been published which confirms what we pessimists(悲观者)have suspected all along. It's called The Positive Power of Defensive Pessimism. Its author argues that defensive pessimism can lead to positive results. Defensive pessimism is a strategy used to manage fear, anxiety and worry. Defensive pessimists prepare for things by setting low outcomes for themselves. They carefully consider everything that may go wrong and plan for ways to handle these problems. And this gives them a sense of control. Lawrence Sanno, a psychology professor, says, “What’s interesting about defensive pessimists is that they tend to be very successful people, so their low opinion of the situation’s outcomes is not realistic. They use it to motivate themselves to perform better. ”So far, so good. This is not rocket science. Defensive pessimists prepare carefully and consider what might go wrong, whether at work, on a date or even in a sports game. It makes sense to have a back-up plan. There are many sayings in English urging caution. For example, “Don’t put all your eggs in one basket,” and “ Don’t count your chickens until they hatch. “ To have a confident and optimistic approach to life’s problems is good. But listen to what Woody Alien,the American comedian says, ”Confidence is what you have before you understand the problem.”There are pros and cons to being an optimist and a pessimist. Don’t feel bad if you see the glass half empty. You are a realist. But lighten up and hook up with someone who sees the same glass half full.小题1:What is the passage mainly about?A.A book that has recently been published.B.The dangers of being too optimistic.C.How to become successful in life.D.The benefits of defensive pessimism.小题2:The underlined sentence “This is not rocket science” in paragraph 4 means&&&&&.A.it is quite simple to understandB.there is no real proofC.it’s not a dangerous thing to doD.the cost is not so high小题3:The writer would probably describe himself as&&&&&&&&&&.A.an optimistB.a defeatistC.a realistD.a scientist小题4:Which of the following English expressions would a defensive pessimist believe? A.“Every cloud has a silver lining.”B.“Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” C.“Whatever will be, will be.”D.“The glass is half full not half empty.”
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 beautiful love 的文章

随机推荐