谁帮我翻译一下啊 Try to powergraspp what the writer is going to tell you in the book as a whole.

测试_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩3页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢高中英语:Unit 1 Friendship单元测试(新人教版必修1)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
高中英语:Unit 1 Friendship单元测试(新人教版必修1)
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用0下载券
想免费下载更多文档?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩3页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢麻烦老师解答:阅读理解。 I_百度知道2014届上海长宁区初三英语一模试卷及答案_图文_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2014届上海长宁区初三英语一模试卷及答案
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩10页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢欢迎来到高考学习网,
免费咨询热线:010-
今日:3510套总数:5713113套专访:3195部会员:335765位
当前位置:
& 浙江省临海市白云高级中学学年高一上学期第二次段考英语试卷
浙江省临海市白云高级中学学年高一上学期第二次段考英语试卷
资料类别: /
所属版本: 通用
上传时间:
下载次数:46次
资料类型:月考/阶段
文档大小:281KB
所属点数: 0点
【下载此资源需要登录并付出 0 点,】
资料概述与简介
一、听力(,满分分)
第一节听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1. What is not cooked enough?
A. The potatoes.
B. The fish.
C. the chicken.
2. Who dislikes the color?
A. The man.
B. The woman’s cousins.
C. The woman’s parents.
3. Where are the speakers?
A. In a zoo.
B. At a fruit market.
C. In a restaurant
4. Who will take the forms to the office?
C. Ms. Serena
5. What does the man want to do?
A. See the doctor.
B. Visit the woman.
C. Find a job.
听下面对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6、7题。
6. When is the woman leaving for her vacation?
A. This weekend.
B. Next week.
C. Two weeks later.
What do we know about the woman?
A. She has friends in America.
B. She will travel with the man.
C. Her trip is less expensive now.
听第7段材料,回答第8、9题。
8. How is the man going to England ?
A. By train.
B. By air.
C. By ship.
9. How many things does the woman give the man?
听第8段材料,回答第10-12题。
10. When will Mr. Sharp be back?
A. At noon.
B. At 1:00.
C. At 2:00 p.m.
11. With whom did the man have an appointment?
A. Mr. Smith.
B. Mr. Sharp
C. Mr. Philip
12. Where will the man be waiting?
A. In a hotel.
B. In his office.
C. In the meeting room.
听第9段材料,回答第13-16题。
13. Why did the man decide to come home early?
A. His daughter got sick.
B. He was not feeling very well.
C. He had something to do at work.
14. How much extra did the man pay to change the flight?
15. Why did the man go to Chicago?
A. For vacation.
B. To go to a hospital.
C. To change to another flight..
16. What caused the plane to fail to take off from Chicago?
A. The fog.
B. The rain.
C. The snow.
二、单项填空(共小题;每小题分,满分1分)
从A、B、C、D四个选项中,选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。. You can congratulate yourself _____ having done an excellent job.
18. Years of fighting has left the area _____.
A. in fear
B. in silence
C. in peace
D. in ruins
19. He is one of the most excellent students in our class, and he always _____ himself in his studies.
20. ---How long ____ you _____
in Singapore?
---For just the weekend. I’ll be back next Monday morning.
B. staying
21. At the sight of the _____ scene, he was almost _____ to death.
A. frightening;frightened B. frightened;frightened
C. frightening;frightening D. frightened;frightening
. He has learned more about the situation in the earthquake-stricken areas,
to help the victims there.
A.determined
B.determining
C.to determine
D.determine
23. Although the natural situation was quite bad,the soldiers and volunteers were determined not to
rescuing the victims in the ruins(废墟).
C.give out
D.give away
24. The black hero fought all his life to make black and white people _____.
B. same C. equal
25.The old man
from the countryside.
A.insisted on;was
B.insisted;beC.insisted on;should be
D.insisted;was. The heat(热量) in the desert is _____, so there are few plants growing there.
C. serious D. extreme
27. Anything _____ could be found has been used to repair the damaged bridge.
. Here is my classmate _____ bicycle was lost yesterday.
29. I refuse to lie about it, because it’s against my _____.
C. principles
30. The kind lady devoted all her life to _____ those homeless children.
B. helping C. be helping
D. being helped
31. The buses, _____ were already full, were surrounded by anxious people.
A. all of them
B. all of which
C. they all
D. all which
32. Advertisements are not allowed to be _____ on this wall without special permission.
C. set out
33. I received his mother’s telephone call at eleven. Only then__that he was badly hurt in an accident yesterday.
A.did I knew
C.did I know
三、完形填空(共15小题;每小题1分,满分15分)
阅读下面短文,掌握其大意,然后从34-48各题所给的四个选项A、B、C和D中,选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。For several years, Americans have enjoyed teleshopping-watching TV and buying things by phone. Now teleshopping is starting in Europe. In some __34__ countries, people can turn on their __35__ and shop for clothes, jewelry, food, toys and __36__ things.
Teleshopping is becoming popular in Sweden. __37__, the biggest Swedish company sells different kinds of things on TV in fifteen European countries, and in one year, it makes $10 million. In France, there are two teleshopping channels, and the French __38__ about $ 20 million a year in buying things through those channels.
In Germany, __39__ last year teleshopping was only possible on one channel for one hour every day. Then the government allowed more teleshopping. Other channels can __40__ for telebusiness, including the largest American teleshopping company and a 24-hour teleshopping company. German __41__ are hoping these will help them sell more things.
Some people like teleshopping because it allows them to do their shopping without __42__. With all the traffic problems in cities, going shopping is not an easy thing. But at the same time, other Europeans __43__ like this new way of buying things. They call __44__ “junk on the air.” Many Europeans usually worry about the quality of the things __45__ on TV. They think high quality is the most important thing, and they don’t believe they can be sure about the quality of the things __46__.
The need of high quality means that European teleshopping companies will have to be __47__ the American companies. They will have to be more careful about __48__ of the things they sell. They will also have to work harder to sell things that the buyers cannot touch or see by themselves.
34. A. European
C. American
D. African
35. A. lights
B. switches
36. A. some else
B. another many C. the other
D. many other
37. A. Such as
B. For example C. For teleshopping
D. It is like
38. A. takes
40. A. begin
D. turn on
41. A. people
C. businessmen
D. officials
42. A. to go out
B. going out
C. to buy things
D. buying things
43. A. still
44. A. teleshopping
D. telephone
45. A. appearing
B. coming out
C. for sale
46. A. in the shop
C. they bought
D. by this way
47. A. the same with B. different from C. as big as
D. larger than
48. A. the number
B. the quality
C. the places
D. the buyers
四、阅读理解(共20题,每题1.5分,满分30分)
If you want to get the most out of the study of a language, you must also read for pleasure: novels, plays, travel books, and so on. And in reading books of this kind the important thing is to get to try to grasp what the writer is going to tell you in the book as a whole. This is impossible if you stop and think over the meaning of every single word which happens to be unfamiliar (不熟悉). You can not enjoy a story if you stop half a dozen times on every page in order to look up words in the dictionary. You may even prevent yourself from understanding the story as a whole by doing this.
When you are reading books of this kind, therefore, you will usually have to rely mainly on (依靠) the context (上下文) to help you. If you meet an unfamiliar word, do not let it take too much of your attention from the main thread (主线) of the story. In all probability (可能) you will meet the same word again a few pages later on in a slightly different context, and each time you see it that your understanding of it will become more exact.
49. The phrase “to get on with reading” in the passage has the same meaning as “______”.
A. to try to grasp the meaning of every sentence in the book
B. to try to catch the meaning of every word in the book
C. to try to understand all the writer is going to tell you
D. to try to understand the main idea of the book
50. When you meet new words in reading such kinds of books, you’d better ______.
A. stop and look them up in a dictionary
B. stop and think them over
C. try to guess their meanings from the context
D. have none of them
51. From the passage the best way to read novels, plays and travel books is ______.
A. to read very slowly
B. to read quickly and not too carefully
C. to read very carefully
D. to read very seriously
52. The best title for this passage is “______”.
A. Read for Pleasure
B. Get on with the Books
C. Reading Skills
D. The Importance of Reading
Victor’s hobby was collecting stamps. He had stamps from many countries, like England, Canada and China. On his birthday, can you guess what people gave him? That’s right---stamps.
Victor’s favourite stamps came from France. He had almost every stamp from 1954 to 2004. He only needed one. That was a 1974 special edition. It was very hard to find.
He looked for it everywhere. He asked his friends and relatives to help him. But nobody could find the stamp. It made Victor very sad.
“Don’t worry. Never give up,” his father said to him. “If you have enough patience, you’ll find it one day.”
“I hope so,” Victor said.
Victor also liked writing. He had a penfriend in France. They wrote to each other every month. Victor’s penfriend, Phillip, usually used new stamps to send letters. Sometimes, his mother gave him stamps to use. Once Phillip’s mother gave him a big, green stamp. It looked old. When Victor received the letter, he was very surprised. On the envelope, he looked carefully at the stamp. It was the 1974 special edition stamp. Victor was so happy. He told his sister, his mother and his father.
“ You see,” his father said. “ You did find your stamp. So, it’s good to have two things in life.”
“What are they?” Victor asked.
“ Friends and patience.” He answered.
53. What does the underlined word “patience” mean?
54. Who owned the special edition stamp at the very beginning?
A. Phillip.
B. Phillip’s mother.
C. Victor.
D. Victor’s father.
55. The passage mainly tells us that ________ is(are) important to people.
A. a happy family
B. a good hobby
C. relatives and friendship
D. friends and patience
Welcome to our school. You can do a lot of things here. Come and join us.
8:30---11:30
Personal Inventions
You can see many invent
you may also bring your own inventions. Monday
19:00---21:00
Space and Man
Dr. Thomas West
If you want to know more about the universe.
19:30---21:00
Modern Medicine
Mrs. Lucy Green
Would you like to know medical science? Friday
18:30---21:00
Computer Science
Mr. Harry Morison from Harvard University
Learn to use Windows XP.
56. You may have a chance to introduce your inventions on _________.
C. Wednesday
57. The person who teaches Computer Science is from___________.
B. Australia
C. New Zealand
D. America
58. You may learn something about a disease called TB from __________.
A. Dr. West
B. Mr. Morison
C. Mrs. Green
D. Mr. Thomas
59. If you want to learn something about satellites, you can go to the class from______.
A. 8:30 to 11:30 on Sunday
B. 19:00 to 21:00 on Monday
C. 19: 30 to 21:00 on Wednesday
D. 18:30 to 21:00 on Friday
One of the most important things in the world is friendship. In order to have friends, you have to be a friend. But how can you be a good friend at school?
Listen — Listen when they are talking. Don’t say anything unless they ask you a question. Sometimes it’s not necessary for you to
they just need someone to talk to about their feelings.
Help them ?If your friend is ever in need of something, be there to help them. You should try to put them first, but make sure you don抰 dogo everything they want you to do. Try to take an extra (额外的) pencil or pen with you to classes in case (以防) they forget one. Have a little extra money in your pocket in case they forget something they need.
Be there for them — Try to make something for your friend to help make them feel better in hard times. Making cards and encouraging them are among the nicest things you can do for a friend. Marilyn Monroe, a famous U.S. actor, once said, “I often make mistakes. Sometimes I am out of control. But if you can’t stay with me at my worst, you are sure not to deserve (值得) to be with me at my best.” Always remember this! If you don’t want to stay with your friends when they’re in hard times, then you don’t deserve to be with them when they’re having a good time!
______ — Try to make plans with your friends. Go shopping, go for ice cream, have a party, go to a movie and so on. Take time to know each other even better by doing something you both enjoy. By planning things together, you both can have a good time. And you’ll remember these things when you’re all old!
60. While your friend is talking to you about his or her feelings, you should _____.
A. give him or her some advice
B. just listen unless asked
C. calm him or her down
D. share your feelings as well
61. When we provide help for our friends, we should _____.
A. try to do everything for them
B. put them before ourselves
C. change their bad habits first
D. ignore their faults
62. What can we learn from Marilyn Monroe’s words?
A. Life without a friend is death.
B. A friend is easier lost than found.
C. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
D. A man is known by his friends.
63. Which of the following can be put in the blank of the last paragraph?
A. Make plans.
B. Enjoy yourself.
C. Understand your friends.
D. Play with your friends.
64. What is the passage mainly about?
A. How to find a good friend.
B. How to help friends in trouble.
C. How to be a good friend.
D. How to make more friends.
信息匹配:阅读下列材料, 从所给的4个选项(A、B、C、D)中, 选出符合各小题要求的最佳选项。首先,请阅读下列应用文及相关信息:
The chief editor of this magazine is Guo Jingming, a famous writer who is popular with teenagers. Every month Guo and other well-known writers bring you the latest teenage love stories. Each magazine carries three full-length stories as well as cartoons and color pictures of your favorite film stars.
B. WORLD NEWS
This weekly magazine can help you keep in touch with the world. It is filled with facts and figures about almost everything you can think of, plus articles by our regular writers on the week’s most interesting news stories. Special front page sums up the mews for the busy readers.
C. AMERICAN GUIDE
If you’re thinking of going to America, this weekly magazine is a good choice for you because it is full of helpful suggestions on how to manage the visa and even what to buy once you’re there. Lots of colour photos can help you choose the best hotel and the cheapest flights.
D. SHERLOCK HOLMES A NOTHER
This magazine brings you t he best in crime thrillers written by well-known crime writers. These exciting stories are so good that you won’t be able to put the magazine down. And every month one crime is left to be continued so that readers can try to guess what will happen.
请阅读以下相关读者的信息,并按照要求匹配信息。
________ 65. Mary Alderson is a white-collar woman in a big firm. She doesn’t have much time to read anything detailed but she is looking for something with plenty of brief news and information.
_________66. Julie Sunderland is a student in senior high school and loves spending time watching movies and lying on her bed reading some stories. She is always interested in finding out more about some of the biggest movie stars in the world.
_________67. Leroy used to be a policeman and he still takes an active interest in the work of detective, But recently he enjoys reading crime fictions after years spent chasing real criminals.
_________68. Kate Power has never been abroad and now she is planning to go to the US. The travel agent suggests that she read about some reference books first before she starts out.
白云中学2014学年第一学期第
高一英语答题卷
题号 五 六 七 小结
五. 请根据中文或首字母写出单词的正确形式.(共10题,每题1分,满分10分)
69.Though with great difficulty, I finished all my work ________________ (最后;终于). 70.I am d____________(下定决心的;坚决的) to change my job. No one else can change my mind. 71. Whether you will succeed or not in doing the work depends on your ____________(态度)to it. 72.At last, the enemies had no choice but to g_____________ in. 73.3. She b__________ out laughing when reading the funny story. 74. During the serious accident, a number of people were badly ______________(受伤). 75. Being generous is an important human q______________that everyone admires. 76. He is always willing to help anyone who is in t_______________. 77. Whatever difficulty you meet, I hope you will never lose h______________. 78. In some countries, especially in some poor countries, women are not really ____________ to men. 六、按照课文内容填空(共10题,每题0.5分,满分5分)
My name is Elias. The time 79____________ I first met Nelson Mandela was a very difficult period of my life. I got a job in a gold mine. But without a passport, I would become out of 80_____________. When I went to him for advice, he was 81___________ with his time, for which I was 82__________. So when he organized the ANC Youth League, I joined it as soon as
I could. He said, “The last thirty years have 83___________ (see) the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and progress, until today we have reached a 84___________ where we have almost no rights at all. We were put into a position 85___________ we had either to accept we were less important or fight the government. Only then 86_____________we decide to answer violence with violence.”
As a matter of 87____________,I do not like violence, but to achieve our dream of making black and white people 88___________, I helped him blow up some government buildings.
七,假如下周是母亲节,某报刊征文My Mother, 请描写你的母亲,要结合具体事例,并发表感想或评论。共15分.
要求100字左右。
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
白云高中 2013学年第二学期高一年级第二次段考试卷
卷I(选择题 满分75分)
一、听力(共两节,满分分)
高考学习网-中国最大高考学习网站 | 我们负责传递知识!
学校_______________
座位号________
………………………………… 装 ……………………………… 订  ……………………………… 线 …………………………………
本网部分资源来源于会员上传,除本网组织的资源外,版权归原作者所有,如有侵犯版权,请联系并提供证据(),三个工作日内删除。
其他相关资源
友情链接:
Copyright &2006 - 2016 高考学习网版权所有. All Rights Reserved.

我要回帖

更多关于 powergrasp 的文章

随机推荐