(woman) Did you catch our very own professor greenStiller on TV last night? (man) I almost missed it !

Part11. (A) Go to the movies with the man. (B) Take her brother to the movies. (C) Eat at her brother's.(D) Cook dinner with Lois. 2. (A) The man should have offered his assistance earlier. (B) She doesn't need the man's help. (C) She didn't realize the boxes were empty. (D) She wants the man to move the boxes. 3. (A) He'd like to have the windows open. (B) He rarely leaves the windows open. (C) He thinks the air is polluted. (D) He'll help her close the windows. 4. (A) The results might be ready tomorrow. (B) The man needs another test tomorrow.(C) The results were called in last night. (D) The doctor called the lab last night. 5. (A) She doesn't remember much about Portland. (B) She's never been to Portland. (C) She knows someone else who could help him. (D) She'd be happy to talk to the man later. 6. (A) Turn down the volume. (B) Help the man study for a test. (C) Play a different kind of music. (D) Speak louder. 7. (A) She forgot when the report was due. (B) She'd like the man to help her with the report. (C) She needs more time to finish the report. (D) She hasn't included any data in her report. 8. (A) The cat is a lot of trouble. (B) The cat is quite friendly. (C) He doesn't get along with Debbie. (D) He's glad Debbie gave him the cat. 9. (A) Try to get a seat next to the window. (B) Find another passenger going to Cleveland. (C) Ask for information about the departure time. (D) Find out if there are any seats left on the bus. 10.(A) She forgot to stop at the store. (B) The man shouldn't eat the fish. (C) The fish is safe to eat. (D) The food shouldn't be reheated. 11. (A) She won't be able to go with the man.(B) She doesn't think Frank is arriving until tomorrow morning. (C) She has to pick up Frank at 2:00. (D) She doesn't know when her class will end. 12. (A) He watched the television program with his mother.(B) His mother told him his professor was on television. (C) Answering the phone caused him to miss the television program. (D) His mother missed the television program. 13. (A) The pool will be open all week. (B) The weather will cool down soon. (C) The woman should go swimming. (D) He prefers to stay inside in hot weather. 14. (A) He may not have enough time to cook. (B) He may spend more money on food next semester.(C) He may gain weight if he does his own cooking. (D) He may on enjoy cooking. 15. (A) He's tired. (B) He lost the race. (C) He has already been to the top of the hill. (D) He prefers doing exercise indoors. 16. (A) The doctor only has time on Tuesdays. (B) The doctor is busy on Tuesday morning. (C) The man must come more than one time. (D) The man must arrive on time. 17. (A) Eat dinner at the cafeteria. (B) Find out when the cafeteria opens. (C) Meet her in the cafeteria this evening. (D) Try to get a job at the cafeteria. 18. (A) Drive on through the night. (B) Check out of the motel. (C) Cancel their motel reservations. (D) Stop driving for the rest of the day. 19. (A) She doesn't want to take the course this semester. (B) She thought the class would be easy. (C) She will have thirteen credits after she completes the class. (D) She's surprised that all the sections are filled. 20. (A) She doesn't like to drink coffee. (B) She's not upset by the accident (C) The man should apologize. (D) The man has spilled coffee on her before. 21. (A) The man will have to buy a new shirt. (B) The shirt looks just like the man's new one. (C) The shirt can be repaired easily. (D) The man shouldn't put sharp objects in his shirt pocket. 23. (A) She likes to drive when she travels. (B) She doesn't want to go to Chicago. (C) She doesn't know how much the train trip will cost. (D) It's cheaper to go to Chicago by car. 24. (A) The man paid a lot to join the gym. (B) The man has been working too hard. (C) The man has improved his physical condition. (D) The man should ask for more pay. 25. (A) She prefers hot weather. (B) The man should visit Washington when it's cooler. (C) She agrees that going to the beach would have been better. (D) Visiting Washington is enjoyable despite the heat. 26. (A) She'll help the man clean up the spill. (B) Timmy should be more careful. (C) The man should be more understanding. (D) Timmy isn't well behaved for his age. 31. (A) There aren't enough cabinets. (B) There is too much noise. (C) Office supplies are taking up space. (D) Some teaching assistants don't have desks. 32. (A) To chat with Jack socially. (B) To get help in the course. (C) To hand in their assignments. (D) To practice giving interviews. 33. (A) Give Jack a different office. (B) Complain to the department head. (C) Move the supplies to the storage room. (D) Try to get a room to use for meetings. 34. (A) They'd have to get permission. (B) Jack wouldn't like it. (C) She thinks it might work. (D) The other assistants should be consulted. 35. (A) Mating habits of squid and octopus. (B) The evolution of certain forms of sea life. (C) The study of marine shells. (D) Survival skills of sea creatures. 36. (A) He didn't understand the lecture. (B) He wants to borrow her notes next week. (C) He needs help with a makeup exam. (D) He was sick and unable to attend. 37. (A) Some sea creatures developed vertebrae. (B) The first giant squid was captured. (C) Some sea creatures shed their shells. (D) Sea life become more intelligent. 38. (A) She has always believed they exist. (B) She heard about them in New Zealand. (C) Stories about them may be based on giant squid. (D) The instructor mentioned them in the lecture. 39. (A) To explain a new requirement for graduation. (B) To interest students in (C) To discuss the problems of elementary school students. (D) To recruit elementary school teachers for a special program. 40. (A) To find jobs for graduating students. (B) To help education majors prepare for final exams. (C) To offer tutorials to elementary school students. (D) To provide funding for a community service project. 41. (A) He advises students participating in special program. (B) He teaches part-time in an elementary school. (C) He observes elementary school students in the classroom. (D) He helps students prepare their resumes. 42. (A) Contact the elementary school. (B) Sign up for a special class. (C) Submit a resume to the dean. (D) Talk to Professor Dodge. 43. (A) To prepare students for the next reading assignment. (B) To provide background information for a class discussion. (C) To review material from a previous lesson. (D) To prepare for a quiz on chapter six. 44. (A) Insurance companies. (B) Sailors. (C) Manufacturers. (D) Merchants. 45. (A) The distance the merchandise had to be shipped. (B) The number of insurance companies available at the time. (C) The amount of danger involved in shipping the goods. (D) The type of vessel used to transport the goods. 46. (A) Only four types of policies still exist today. (B) They are cheaper than the ones in the Middle Ages. (C) They include features similar to earlier policies. (D) The interest rates are based on early methods of calculation. 47. (A) The oxygen level in the water. (B) The angle of the treadmill. (C) The weights on the divers. (D) The temperature of the water. 48. (A) Walking on Mars will be easier than walking on the Moon. (B) There is more gravity on the Moon than on Mars. (C) Walking quickly will be difficult on Mars. (D) Astronauts on Mars will require more oxygen than will astronauts on the Moon. 49. (A) They took short, quick steps. (B) They were pulled off of the treadmill. (C) They lost their balance. (D) They took longer coordinated steps. 50. (A) Martian suits will have larger air tanks. (B) Martian suits will be equipped with special weights. (C) Martian suits will be more flexible. (D) Martian suits will be less durable. Part21. (A) Go to the basketball game.(B) Try to postpone the game.(C) Go to work.(D) Change her work schedule.2. (A) The man should consider changing jobs.(B) The style of the suit is out-of-date.(C) the color of the suit is not appropriate.(D) The man should buy the suit.3. (A) He thinks they should study at the woman's apartment.(B) He won't have much time to study.(C) His apartment is messy.(D) his apartment is in a noisy area.4. (A) He lost Pam's notes.(B) He tried to call Pam yesterday.(C) He wants the woman to call Pam.(D) He forgot to return the notes to Pam.5. (A) Speak to his teacher about the presentation.(B) Record himself practicing the presentation.(C) Listen to a tape of her presentation.(D) Ask someone else to do the presentation.6. (A) Stop bothering the woman.(B) Take the woman's book with him.(C) Show the woman how to get to the library.(D) Ask someone else to go to the library.7. (A) He isn't very hungry right now.(B) He regularly eats at this restaurant.(C) The selection on the menu is limited.(D) He doesn't want salad with his lunch.8. (A) She's still looking for an apartment.(B) She was told the dorm was full.(C) She doesn't plan to move.(D) She wants to move out of the dorm.9. (A) She knows the man's sister.(B) She wants to watch her sister play.(C) She thinks the man is a good soccer player.(D) She isn't interested in soccer.10. (A) He'll schedule the woman for an afternoon appointment.(B) He can't schedule an appointment for the woman.(C) Dr. Anderson will call the woman back soon.(D) Dr. Anderson's schedule is full.11. (A) She often spends time in the sun. (B) The sun has already gone down.(C) Too much sun makes her dizzy.(D) Her skin is sensitive to the sun.12. (A) She's a very popular teacher.(B) She assigns too much work.(C) She only teaches one class.(D) She wants to change the class schedule.13. (A) He needs the woman to drive him somewhere.(B) He wants to sell the car to the woman.(C) He has to bring the car in for repairs.(D) He's satisfied with the car.14. (A) He's been helping Bill with his studies.(B) The woman is being unfair about Bill.(C) Bill should consider quitting the track team.(D) Bill do better than expected his first year on the team.15. (A) Meet the new students at the visitors center.(B) Send the new students on a bus tour of the city.(C) Visit the new students to make them feel welcome.(D) Walk downtown with the new students.16. (A) The assignment will be time-consuming.(B) She won't do the assignment.(C) She wants to write a longer paper.(D) She's not interested in social issues.17. (A) The man will easily find a place to live.(B) Apartments will be less expensive next year before.(C) The man should move graduation.(D) Her lease ends after graduation.18. (A) He plans to get his hair cut.(B) He has a new hairstyle.(C) He works in a hair salon.(D) He decided to grow his hair longer.19. (A) She'll put on a scarf fight away.(B) She doesn't need a scarf.(C) She'll bring a scarf for the man.(D) She doesn't have a scarf with her right now.20. (A) He's anxious to leave.(B) His watch doesn't work.(C) He's late for an appointment.(D) He can't see the clock.21. (A) Wait until his books arrive.(B) Go to the volleyball tournament.(C) Discuss the new with the woman.(D) Refuse the woman's invitation.22. (A) He'll repay the woman soon.(B) He hasn't received his financial statement yet.(C) He can't lend the woman any money.(D) His loan isn't due yet.23. (A) Bill is waiting to hear the results of the election.(B) Bill will make an announcement at the meeting.(C) Julie already knows about the change in plans.(D) The man should tell Bill to call Julie.24. (A) She doesn't care much for jazz.(B) She doesn't like to borrow things.(C) She doesn't have any audio equipment.(D) She doesn't have much leisure time.25. (A) Dr. Smith usually sees patients promptly.(B) Dr. Smith is very busy on Mondays.(C) Dr. Smith didn't put the man on his schedule.(D) It's hard to get an appointment to see Dr. Smith.26. (A) She doesn't like the color of the man's jacket.(B) The railing didn't really need to be painted.(C) The school could easily have prevented the problem.(D) The man should have been more careful.27. (A) John has been forgetful lately.(B) John is a wise leader.(C) Running for election has taken too much of John's time.(D) John now acts less friendly.28. (A) They get along with each other.(B) They look a lot alike.(C) They started fighting right away.(D) They used to be good friends.29. (A) Sally doesn't know where the class is held.(B) Sally might not have left for class.(C) Sally is waiting for the man in the lobby.(D) Sally isn't going to class today.30. (A) They need to phone the hospital for an appointment.(B) They haven't decided when to make the calls.(C) They hope the club will vote to help the children.(D) They don't need to make any more phone calls today.31. (A) It's only open to poetry majors.(B) It's requires another class first.(C) It's already full.(D) It's only offered in the morning.32. (A) The class meets during his working hours.(B) The class is too far away.(C) He has another class at the same time.(D) He's already familiar with the material.33. (A) All the other work schedules conflict with his classes.(B) He doesn't want to ask his boss for another favor.(C) He wants to work the same schedule as his friends.(D) He likes to do his homework in the evenings.34. (A) Its course cost less.(B) It has a pool. (C) The class size is smaller.(D) It may offer the class he needs during the day.]35. (A) An experiment in Antarctica.(B) The breaking off of part of the Larsen Ice Shelf.(C) The formation of the Larsen Ice Shelf.(D) An expedition in Antarctica.36. (A) They could be a sign of global warming.(B) They are disturbing Antarctic bird habitats.(C) They have destroyed research facilities.(D) They refute current scientific theories.37. (A) No melting has been observed.(B) The past several winters have been unusually severe.(C) Nothing unusual has happened in other parts of Antarctica.(D) The ice shelf had remained intact for centuries despite the weather.38. (A) Warmer water temperatures.(B) Less aquatic life.(C) A rise in ocean level.(D) Colder winds.39. (A) How most species of spiders reproduce.(B) How one species of spider feeds its young.(C) How spiders defend their territory.(D) How Darwin experimented with spiders.40. (A) They eat one another.(B) They eat insects that they catch.(C) They build a new nest.(D) They are attacked by other species of spiders.41. (A) No two members of a species are exactly alike.(B) A single species may evolve into two separate species.(C) Primitive life-forms evolve into more advanced life-forms.(D) The survival of the strongest in a species contributes to the survival of that species.42. (A) Early newspapers in England.(B) The early history of magazines.(C) The life of Daniel Defoe.(D) Differences between newspapers and magazines.43. (A) Its publication was banned by the British government.(B) It was the first weekly newspaper.(C) It caused a prison revolt.(D) It was the first magazine ever published.44. (A) It had many more pages than newspapers.(B) It was given away for free.(C) It dealt with issues rather than events.(D) It was more widely available than newspapers.45. (A) He wrote articles critical of the Church of England.(B) He refused to stop publishing The Review.(C) He refused to pay publishing taxes.(D) He refused to join the Church of England.46. (A) It was not really a magazine.(B) It featured a variety of articles and stories.(C) It was praised by readers of poetry.(D) It was unpopular with politicians.47. (A) How artists gained fame.(B) A schedule of art exhibits.(C) One form of folk art.(D) The preservation of old paintings.48. (A) Very few were produced.(B) Most were kept only a shot time.(C) Most were printed on delicate paper.(D) Many have been acquired by collectors.49. (A) The excitement of hunting.(B) The beauty of nature.(C) The relaxation of fishing.(D) The protection of endangered species.50. (A) To let many people see their works.(B) To earn money from the sale of calendars.(C) To portray the cruelty of hunting.(D) To create gifts for people who bought their paintings.Part1文字答案1. (man) Would you like to go to the movies with Lois and me on Friday?(woman) I wish I could, but I'm having dinner at my brother's.(narrator) What will the woman do on Friday?2. (man) Need a hand with those boxes?(woman) That's OK, I can manage. They're empty.(narrator) What does the woman mean?3. (woman) Do you want the windows open or closed?(man) I almost always prefer fresh air, if possible.(narrator) What does the man imply?4. (man) Hello. This is Mark Smith. I'm calling to see if my blood test results are in.(woman) Dr. Miller just sent them to the lab last night, so the earliest they could be back is tomorrow.(narrator) What does the woman mean?5. (man) I need to talk to someone who knows a lot about Portland.(woman) Oh, but I was really young at the time.(narrator) What does the woman imply?6. (man) Do you have to play that music so loud? I've got a test tomorrow!(woman) Sorry, I didn't realize you were studying.(narrator) What will the woman probably do?7. (man) I am, I don't understand the problem. You're known for months this report was due today.(woman) I know…but I'm afraid I need another few days. The data was harder to interpret than I thought it would be.(narrator) What does the woman mean?8. (woman) So how are you getting along with Debbie's cat?(man) Well, she never comes when I call her, she spills her food, and she sheds all over the place. I can't wait till Debbie gets back.(narrator) What does the man imply?9. (man) This crazy bus schedule has got me completely frustrated. I can't for the life of me figure out when my bus to Cleveland leaves.(woman) Why don't you just go up to the ticket window and ask.?(narrator) What does the woman suggest the man do?10. (man) I bought this fish to cook for my dinner tonight, but it doesn't look allthat fresh to me now. Would you say it's still all right to eat?(woman) Let's take a look….Oh, if I were you, I wouldn't even think of it.(narrator) What does the woman mean?11. (man) Would you like to go with me to the airport to pick up Frank?(woman) I'd like to, but I have class till 2:00. And I know Frank's decided to take the early flight.(narrator) What does the woman imply?12. (woman) Did you catch our very own Professor Stiller on TV last night?(man) I almost missed it! But my mother just happened to be watching at home and gave me a call.(narrator) What does the man mean?13. (Woman) These summer days are getting to be more than I can take. It was even too hot to go to the pool yesterday.(man) H according to the weather report we should have some relief by the end of the week.(narrator) What does the man mean?14. (man) My roommate and I have decided to do our own cooking next semester.(woman) Then. I hope you'll have a lighter schedule than this term.(narrator) What problem does the woman think the man may have?15. (woman) Come on, we're almost there. I'll race you to the top of the hill.(man) I' I might have to crawl the rest of the way.(narrator) What can be inferred about the man?16. (man) Yes, hello, this is Robert White calling. Could Dr. Jones see me on Tuesday morning instead of Tuesday afternoon?(woman) Tuesday morning? Let's see… is that the only other time you could come?(narrator) What does the woman imply?17. (man) I really need to make some extra money. I've practically spent my entire budget for the semester.(woman) You should check out the new cafeteria. I think there're a few openings left in the evening.(narrator) What does the woman suggest the man do?18. (man) Driving at night always makes me tired. Let's stop for dinner.(woman) Fine! And let's find a motel, too-instead of continuing on, we can get an early start tomorrow.(narrator) What does the woman mean?19. (man) This notice says that all the introductory psychology classes are closed.(woman) That can't be true! There're supposed to be thirteen sections of it this semester.(narrator) What does the woman mean?20. (man) Whoops! Did any of my coffee just spill on you?(woman) It's hot! Is that all you have to say?(narrator) What does the woman imply?21. (man) Oh, my shirt sleeve. Must have gotten caught on that nail.(woman) Here, let me take a look. Hmm…with a needle and thread, this can be mended-and look just like new.(narrator) What does the woman mean?23. (man) I've figured it all out. It looks like it'll take us about six hours to drive from here to Chicago.(woman) It'd be more relaxing to take the train. But, I guess we should watch our expenses.(narrator) What does the woman imply?24. (man) I've been working out at the gym since January so…I'd been wanting to get in better shape.(woman) You look terrific! Seems like all your hard work has paid off.(narrator) What does the woman mean?25. (man) This heat is unbearable. If only we'd gone to the beach instead.(woman) Why with the museums and restaurants in Washington, I'd be happy here no matter what the weather.(narrator) What does the woman mean?26. (man) I don't know what to do with Timmy. This morning I found orange juice spilled all over the kitchen floor.(woman) Don't be so hard on him. He's only four.(narrator) What does the woman imply?Part BQuestions 31 through 34, Listen to a conversation between two teaching assistants.(woman) Stan, do you have a minute?(man) Oh, hi, Cathy. Sure. What's up?(woman) Well. I've been meaning to talk to you about the situation in the office.(man) I'm not in there very often. It's so noisy that I can't work.(woman) That's exactly what I'm getting at. We're supposed to be able to do our preparation and marking in that office, but have you noticed?Jack constantly has students coming in to get help with his course.A lot of people are going in and out.(man) Has anybody spoken to him about it?(woman) No, not yet, but someone's going to have to.(man) We can't really ask him to stop having students come in for help, can we?(woman) No, of course not. But I'm not able to do my work and neither are you. I imagine it's the same for the others in the office.(man) Hmmm, could we ask for a kind of meeting room? When TA's have to talk with student, they could go to the meeting room and not use the office. You know, there's a room down the hall, a rather small room, that we could ask to use. It's only for storing supplies.(woman) You mean that little storage room? Oh, that would be too small.(man) Are you sure? With the cabinets taken out, it might be bigger than it looks.(woman) Come to think of it, you may be on tut?48. According to the speaker, why is it different to find calendar pictures that are in good condition?49. What was the theme of many early wild life calendars?50. According to the speaker, why did artists want to produce work for calendars?答案:CCCDB BACBB DBDCB AABDA BACCA CDABD BABDB ADCBA DBDCA BCBAA
&2009- 版权所有

我要回帖

更多关于 professor 的文章

随机推荐