where is your mum oh ,___ Ahere comes she B she comes firsthere C here she comes firstDhere is she coming

Scalinis Family Italian Restaurant
Monday-Thursday
4:30pm -10:00pm
Friday-Saturday
4:30pm - 11:00pm
11:30 am to 10:00 pm
2390 Cobb Parkway, SE
Smyrna, Georgia 30080
770-952-7222
Bob Bogino - Manager
Eggplant Babies|
Nearly 300 baby pictures decorate Scalini&s old-fashioned
Italian restaurant in Cobb County, GA.
Babies from Eggplant Parmigiana. All of the babies pictured on the Italian restaurant wall
were born after their mothers ate the Scalini's eggplant parmigiana. The plate
of breaded eggplant smothered in cheese and thick marinara sauce is claimed to
induce labor.
The eggplant legend began not long after the restaurant
opened 25 years ago.
&Two or three years after we began, a few people had just
mentioned to us they came in when they were pregnant, and ate this eggplant and
had a baby a short time after that,& said John Bogino, who runs the restaurant
with his son Bobby Bogino. &One person told another, and it just grew by
itself by leaps and bounds.&
To date, more than 300 of the pregnant women customers who
ordered the eggplant have given birth within 48 hours, and the restaurant dubs
them the &eggplant babies.&
-Article from WCHS&s Cooking with Good Morning
Britni didn't want to go 40 weeks, let alone 42. Came across your legendary labor inducing eggplant parm online. Spent a few hours cooking from scratch Sunday night and Teagan was born 1:58pm on Monday at 38 weeks. If it wasn't the cause, it was certainly one hell of a coincidence!
Teagan Seraphina de la Cretaz
7lbs 8.6oz, 20&
My husband and I were due to welcome twins on June 14, 2010.
But he was so excited that he started looking into ways to bring them here sooner.
He purchased the eggplant parmesan on Sunday May 30th and I went into labor on Tuesday June 1st.
Cory & Chloe were welcomed into our lives that night.
What a wonderful blessing!
Thank you Scalini's for the little extra push.
Sincerely,
Brian & Rachael Riddle
Well I totally forgot to let you know about our Eggplant Baby! I mentioned this recipe to a friend the other day and then decided to send our story in as well. I had heard rumour about the recipe and being just over a week from my due date I thought I'd give it a try.
I live in Canada so I had to make the recipe myself. We ate it Tuesday night for dinner,
I had leftovers for lunch on Wednesday and I went into labor in the middle of the night!!!!
Madeline was born just after midnight on Friday
September 19th 2008. She was exactly one week early. THANK YOU so much Scalini's for posting this recipe online for those of us that can't make it to your restaurant, I tell all the pregnant ladies I know about this :)
It was the night of my due date with my first baby. I was showing no signs of labor and had heard that often times women go more than a week past their due dates with their first child. I decided to give this recipe a try. I made it and finished my meal at 9:30 pm on March 24th (due date). The next day I had leftovers for lunch at noon. I returned home from work at 5:15 pm (March 25th) still with no signs of labor. 45 minutes later, at 6:00pm my contractions had started! At 9:08am on March 26th, 36 hours after my first helping of the eggplant parmigiana, my baby girl was born!
Amaiah Lynn
March 26, 2011
I was getting anxious because I was 3 days from my due date and my mother surprised me by flying into Marwhere I'm stationed from VT to hopefully see the birth of her first grandchild. I started surfing the web for ways to induce labor and found this story and recipe. So Friday we decided to give it a try and at 2:30 am only 6 hrs later my water broke and at 12:33 on Saturday Jayla Lynne arrived weighing 8lbs 2 ounces and 20& long.
We have a Michigan eggplant baby! We received the Scalini's recipe as a handout in our Hypnobirthing class and decided to give it a try when our son was 1 week overdue. I would try anything to avoid an induction! My husband made the recipe on Friday night (June 18 -- hoping he'd get an early Father's Day present), and lo and behold, I went into labor 48 hours later on June 20! Our son was born only a few short hours later on June 21, 2010.
We are believers!
Mr., Mrs. & Baby D.
Detroit, MI
My hubby heard about the Scalini's Eggplant Parmigiana myth from his co-workers. He decided to make the recipe for me for dinner on January 21st. My water broke around noon January 22nd, I got to the hospital a few minutes before 1pm dilated to a 5 with only a mild discomfort, and at 4:54 am January 23, 2009 our little girl was born.
Someone needs to publish this in some sort of OB publication so that women all over the world can benefit!
Thank you so much for your generosity in sharing your recipe!
Kayson Amore was born about 36 hours after I tried the recipe. He was born 02-15-2011 at 1:23am and weighed 7lbs 5 oz and was 18.5 inches long. He was born at 37 weeks and 4 days! I had tried everything, lots of sex, walked 7 miles in 2 days, drink castor oil, and nothing worked but this recipe!
I was overdue and very miserable. My doctor had me scheduled to be induced. This was something I did not particularly want. A friend of mine told me about your restaurant and its &magic&. I live in Michigan so I looked it up on line and was very excited you had the recipe posted! My boyfriend bought the ingredients and made it for us. The sauce is AMAZING! My contractions started 45 min later and I was in full labor the next day. On May 11th, 2009 I gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Alivia Paige, within 48 hours of eating your eggplant parmesan recipe! Alivia has eaten it as well....she loves it!
Thank you,
Jeannette S.
A friend told me about your recipe and how it can induce labor. I prepared the eggplant parm according to your recipe online.
I ate it for lunch and dinner on January 5th.
At 10:30 that night, my contractions started and Connor was born on 1/6 at 9am, his actual due date.
I'm passing it along to all other expectant mothers!
Thank you.
Amy Musumeci
Hello!I had read about your recipe on a few blogs and was desperate to try it! I even posted your “Mothers to be” page to my Facebook account letting everyone know I was trying it out!! I made your Eggplant Parmigiana for dinner on Wed 1-12-11. The next day I had my normal weekly ob check up and we set an induction date of 1-21-11 (my actual due date). That night I ate the leftovers for dinner…..and boom I woke up at 1:30 am with contractions! My little bambino, Jackson Riggins Diller was born on Friday 1-14-11 (MY BIRTHDAY!!!) at 1:57pm less than 48 hrs from making your recipe! IT REALLY WORKS!!!!
Thank you Scalini’s for giving me the best Birthday present ever!!! Oh also…it really helps the recipe was delicious!
Here is a pic of my little one at 1 week old!
Dear Scalini's,
I made the eggplant parmigiana on my due date, thinking I would have it for lunch the next day. I had a tiny piece before going to bed... and woke up four hours later when my water broke. As an added bonus, I had a great dish ready in the fridge to serve our out-of-town family the next day!
We came in to Scalinis on Nov 30th and our son was born December 1st, 22 hours after I ate the Eggplant.
I was 38 and a half weeks and had been having random contractions that would come and go for about a week.
The morning after eggplant I had more inconsistent contractions, but this time they did not fade away.
Suddenly, after 4:30 the contractions were 2 minutes apart, it was go time! We arrived at the hospital a little after 5:00 and Michael was born at 6:41 pm.
I just wanted to thank your restaurant!
I live in Australia and have 5 children.
Here is a photo of our youngest – naturally induced courtesy of Scalini’s eggplant parmigiana! His name is Isaak and he was born on the 21st January 2009.
We have a friend who is currently 8 days past her due date – i have passed on the Scalini’s website for her and told her she must make the Parmigiana!
When I was pregnant with my third child I was desperate for something to help the baby come soon!
I heard stories about your eggplant parmigiana and found the recipe online.
As I live so far away it was impossible to visit!
I re-created it and voila, my baby was born within 12 hours of eating it!!!
The same with my 4th and 5th babies!!
Don’t know what the secret is but it really works... and anyway it is DELICIOUS!
If I am ever in town – I will definitely come to visit
Mel Galanto
Sydney, Australia
My oldest son Caynan was born January 7th, 2008.
My water broke exactly two hours after we made this recipe at home and 24 hours later we had our son.
We just had another boy named Casen on May 25, 2010 but was to scared to try the recipe again and ended up having to be induced, lol.
I attached a picture of Caynan for your baby wall :) Thank you for sharing your recipe and helping us to meet our baby boy.
Love all the way from Maine! Courtney, Chris, Caynan and Casen
Hello, just wanted to share the story and photo of my own Eggplant Baby =)
I was due with my first child on 10-23-10 but had no signs of labor starting any time soon, and since my own mother was almost 2 weeks late with me, I was plagued by people telling me I would be way overdue.
I didn't want that!
So on Monday, 10-18, I decided to make your eggplant Parmigiana recipe to kick things up a notch.
And boy were they kicked up... I had a portion for lunch at 3pm and a second portion for dinner at 7pm.
At 10pm that night my labor started and 24.5 hours later, Sebastian Rhys was born at 10:37pm on 10-19!
My doula and midwife were amazed that the eggplant Parmigiana worked, and they even said they'd recommend i-)
Thank you Scalini's!!
Lisa Bihuniak
Thanks so much for the eggplant parmesan recipe!
My husband really wanted our son to be born a week early, so I thought, why not, we'll try the eggplant parmesan.
Not only was it wonderfully delicious (he said the recipe was &a keeper&), but our son was born 26 hours after eating it!
On October 9th, at 11:36 PM, weighing in at 8 pounds 6 ounces, Milo Benjamin was born,
(We didn't get to eat the eggplant parmesan till 10 PM the night before, because it took me a bit longer to make than I thought it would - I guess I didn't look at the directions carefully enough.)
I am from the Atlanta area and had always heard about Scalini’s eggplant parmesan and how it can put you into labor.
My first child was born in Chicago, so this time around I wanted to give it a try with #2.
I was due on October 5, 2010.
My family and I had dinner at Scalini’s on Sunday, September 26th, just over a week before my due date.
At 1:30am that night I started having contractions.
Our beautiful baby girl was born the next day at 2:53pm on September 27th.
Thanks Scalini’s!
Lori Spett
I tried the eggplant parmesan at home with a rather skeptical attitude.
I made it for lunch on Tuesday the 19th and was surprised to wake up at midnight that night in labor.
I went to the hospital and my little girl was born at 12:26pm on the 20th.
I was so surprised after everything i tried that a yummy lunch was all it took to put me into labor.
if i had only known!
Justine S.
My brother made me your Eggplant Parmesan the night before I went into labor – thanks for helping me bring my son, Bodhi Jack into the world on 4/23/10!
Here is our little Scalini's baby. My husband, son and I had dinner at Scalini's at about 5:30 pm on June 24th, 2010. Though I was already having some contractions, I didn't expect to our second son very soon as I was only in my 38th week. But, we enjoyed looking around and seeing other pregnant women, eating our meal and making a list of last minute things to do and buy before the baby.
That night labor picked up and John Tyson (Ty) was born at 9:30 am on June 25th, just 16 hours after our meal at Scalini's. I never had time to eat my leftovers!
Here's our big handsome guy at 2 months.
Cooper is yet another Scalini's baby, born May 10, 2010
At 38 weeks pregnant I heard the rumor of the eggplant parm and HAD to try it. Living in Rhode Island, I had no choice but to make the recipe myself. I prepared the recipe for dinner on Saturday night, had left overs on Sunday and my contractions began at 4 AM M Cooper was born at 12:16 pm Monday. Thank you Scalini's!!!!
My wife and I went to Scalini's for dinner after my last final on December 9, 2009.
She started having contractions within an hour of leaving.
Of course, she'd been having contractions for weeks at that point so we thought nothing of it.
The next morning she called down that it was time to go to the hospital.
At 8:22 pm on December 10, Wilder was born, less than 24 hours after she finished her eggplant parmesan.
I live in Houston, TX and was unable to make the drive to Scalini's. I made the eggplant parmigiana for my family for dinner on Friday. Unfortunately after chasing our 2 1/2 yr old all day I was so tired I couldn't eat any! Saturday I had some for lunch and dinner. Sunday around 3am I started having regular contractions that were slowly getting stronger. I had been to l&d once a day, every day since Wednesday and they wouldn't do my c-section bc the contractions weren't strong enough. I was tired and in a ton of pain-Adam was expected to be 10lbs. My stubborn dr would NOT do the c-section until 39wks and I was already 38.5wks. Finally Sunday at 2pm they did the section. Adam weighed in at 9lbs 12oz!!! He arrived 4 days before my scheduled c-section. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe I really believe it had a big part in Adam arriving when he did. I have already passed the recipe along to friends who are ready to have their babies and are far enough along.
This is my beautiful daughter,
Clair Luna Shouse! My boyfriend and I made the eggplant parmigiana late
night April 10th, and I went into labor at 8 am the next morning! She was
born at 7:37 pm on April 11th, 2010. This recipe works!!!! I was overdue
and nothing else was working. I will DEFINITELY try this for my next baby!
My husband and I had dinner in Scalini’s on 1/26/10. Of course I ordered the famous eggplant parmigiana and even had the leftovers for lunch the next day. On 1/28 our precious girl was born! Her name is Eva Katherine and she is a Scalini’s bambino J As a matter of fact I was scheduled to be induced in the next couple of days, so Thank you Scalini's for preventing the induction!
Reid Felton Pruitt (aka Felton) was born on May 16, 2010, about 16 hours after Mom had the eggplant parmigiana!
He was 8 pounds, 20 and a half inches.
Mom and baby are doing fine.
Thanks for a speedy end to a lengthy pregnancy!
Cenate & Wendy Pruitt
We don't know if we qualify but we ate at Scalini's on Thursday evening, April 15th(?) and the following Saturday labor began around 10 PM.
We went to the hospital at 4 AM on Sunday and Oliver Gabriel Bennett was born Sunday, April 19th at 9:30 PM.
Either way- great food and we will be back!
Anna Robertson and Gabe Bennett
Sorry it took so long to get this to you.
This is Hattie.
Born on 4/4/10 at 1435, after my having the eggplant parmesan for dinner on 4/3/10.
I took this picture on 4/5/10 while still in the hospital.
If the quality is too poor, I can send you one taken with my camera (this was with phone).
It's just taken me so long to even send this one...
Jenny Paul
We are Australian's living in Hong Kong, which makes it a little tricky for us to get to your restaurant, so I decided to try it out ourselves. Baby Lachlan was born 8 days early, on 10 March 2010, 24 hours after I cooked your eggplant parmigiana for my wife, and it worked! Thanks for the great recipe!
Well, I'm going to have to admit that is has taken me a long time to contact you about my experience,
just about 15 months to be exact. My daughter, Sidney was born on January 18, 2009 thanks to the amazing Scanlini's Eggplant Parmigiana Recipe! I had made the recipe myself on a Thursday evening, January 15. I had some for lunch the following day January 16th at 1pm. The eggplant was delicious so I continued to eat as much as I could for each meal. On January 18th at 6:57am my water broke and at 2:22pm my beautiful daughter was born.
Thank you!
The Hays Family
After reading a post on the Babycentre UK website about inducing labour and the legend of the Scalini's babies. I thought I would give the recipe a go. I love eggplant parmigiana so I need no further excuse.
I had the parmigiana for my lunch, it was delicious. I went into labour that evening and Evie Rose arrived 9th July 2009 at 7.55am. One day early!
I have been meaning to get in touch to thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe and the success stories on the website. Evie is 9 months old now but please find attached one of her earlier baby photos.
Kind Regards
Morwenna Vinall
We are from Auckland New Zealand and found your recipe online after Googling ways to start labour. I wasn't due to have my baby until the 27th February 2010 but I was keen to get things started myself. My husband and I made the Eggplant Parmigiana for dinner on 22nd February 2010 and our little man Luca was born 34 hours later, after a 5 hour drug free labour on Wednesday 24th February at 6.32am.
I still can't believe it actually worked!
Natalie & Chris Amadio
I have to admit, I didn't think it would work.
But I was 6 days overdue with our second child and miserable and desperate (our first was 10 days late!).
So we all went out for dinner at Scalini's the night of May 14th.
I didn't even have to order.
The waitress just looked at me and said, &you must be here for the eggplant.&
I was in labor by 5 the next morning.
Our beautiful daughter, Linden Holly, was born at noon on May 15, 2009.
I've recommended you to many desperate pregnant women since then. Thanks Scalini's!
Noelle York-Simmons
I'd like to tell you my story of your eggplant parm and how it induced my labor!
I was due to have twins on 2/11/10.
I was scheduled to be induced on 2/3 because they were running out of room and other than being slightly effaced and dilated 2 centimeters I wasn't showing any signs of going on my own.
I made the eggplant parm on Saturday January 30th.
I ate my first serving that night and had my second serving the next day for lunch.
I started to go into labor on Monday morning (although I wasn't really sure if it was labor or not).
I woke up at midnight on 2/2 with strong labor pains and delivered later that morning.
Kyle Patrick Crowthers was born on 2/2 at 9:18 6 lbs 10 oz, 19 1/2 in.
Courtney Maureen Crowthers was born 2/2 at 9:45 6 lbs 15, 20 in.
I technically didn't have them within 48 hours of the first serving but I did with the second!
Thanks so much for this recipe.
I definitely will be eating it again regardless if I have more children.
It was the first time I ever ate eggplant parm and it was to DIE for!
A Crowthers
Waike Gregory was born on August 30th, 2009.
He wasn't expected until Sept 8th.
I ate the eggplant parmesan at five in the evening on the 29th then went into labor at four AM and welcomed Waike into the world at 11:20 AM.
On Jan 30 2010 my mom made me eggplant parm from your recipe. I was 39 weeks into my pregnancy and had tried everything to jumpstart my labor but nothing worked. I ate the eggplant parm. Friday for lunch and dinner and also Sat for lunch and dinner. On Monday Feb 1 2010 my water broke around 12pm and my baby was born at 5:39pm. I didn't believe in this at all but it really works and Eric Dawson Lindsey is proof.
Eggplant parmigiana works down under
Hugo was born 5 days overdue but less than 24hrs after a home-made Eggplant parmigana from the recipe you kindly provided online (minus the romano cheese we couldn't find in Sydney).
Much more pleasant and successful than a spicy vindaloo!
Just wanted to share my &Scalini Baby& story with you!
I was pregnant and due Jan 11, 2010.
After trying every other labor inducing recommendation I could find, I did a search for an eggplant parmigiana recipe.
I found a link with your recipe and the many babies that have arrived close after their mothers' had eaten it.
I made your eggplant parmigiana at home on Wednesday night, Jan 13th.
Nia was born at 2:12 PM on Friday, Jan 15th.
As much as I was a little skeptical - I am now a true believer.
Attached is a photo of another successful Scalini Baby!
And the recipe was absolutely delicious!!! THANKS!!!
Karl Julius Norman II was born January 8th, 2008. He wasn't due until Jan 16th but I was ready. My husband and I went to the Cobb Parkway location on January 5th at about 9pm. My water broke Monday January 7th at 4pm while I was standing in line a Krogers. That was less than 48 hours. Karl Julius Norman II was born 6:37 am Jan 8th at 6 pounds 11 ounzes.
I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant. If she doesn't come by this Friday Dec. 11, 2009. I will be visiting the restaurant that night to prevent having to be induced on Sunday Dec 13, 2009. I BELIEVE in the Eggplant!!!!
Kennedy Sheffield was born 36 hours after eating the eggplant parmesan recipe prepared at home. We were trying to get her to come out and see daddy before he left for Iraq! It worked!
My husband and I ate at the Johnson Ferry location on Friday, June 12th for dinner. I was not due until the 24th, but we figured we'd give the legendary eggplant parm a try. We were pretty skeptical, but went ahead and put our name in the book and spent the entire meal running down our list of things we needed to do that weekend just in case our baby arrived early. Later that night, around midnight, my water suddenly broke. We rushed to the hospital and Norah Caroline was born at 9:20 am the next morning, June 13, 2009 weighing 6 lbs, 11 oz and 20 inches.
I recommend the eggplant parm to all of my pregnant friends, and send the recipe to my expecting friends who live out-of-town.
Brad & Julie McDonald
I was determined not to have another 9+ pound baby (my son was almost a week overdue), so on my due date, I made your eggplant parmesan recipe.
It had worked for a good friend of mine (see Brady Williams' photo above for the proof!), and I love eggplant parm, so even if it didn't kick-start labor, at least I would get a good meal out of it.
We ate it for dinner at 8pm on 10/17, and I woke up with contractions at 3:36am, starting at 6 minutes apart and getting closer and closer together!
It wasn't long before we raced to the hospital, and less than 12 hours after eating the eggplant parm, my beautiful Tessa Rose was born at 7:15am on October 18th, weighing 7 lbs 13 oz, and 20.5 inches long.
Thanks to Scalini's for a delicious meal and for hurrying my precious daughter into the world!
Bryce Brower is another “Eggplant Baby” to add to the ever-growing list.
I had the eggplant on Sunday night and by lunch time on Monday, March 3, 2008, Bryce was born.
We are skeptics no more!
Not that you would have to force me to eat the eggplant parmesan anyway but I’m looking forward to the next child and a huge serving of the eggplant!
Jasmine Bella Jo was born 5-17-2009 at 5:59 am. She was 6lbs 11oz and 11.5 inches long.
My husband took me to Scalini's on the 15th. I ate every bite of the eggplant parmigiana. And also ordered one to go. The next day I ate the other one and went to see my best friend in the hospital who was delivering her baby, who also had Scalini's the day before! The next day i delivered my baby! Happy and healthy beautiful baby girl!! I will definitely do this with my future kids!! Thank you Scalini's!!
Josh & Judy Lynn
February 2008...My husband and I decided to postpone our Valentine's Day date for the 16th so that we could check out this restaurant that we had heard so much about.
A meal that is said to induce labor?
Sounded too good to be true, but decided it was worth the try.
I mean really it was a win-win for us: Valentine's date at a nice restaurant with good food and spend good quality time together verses Valentine's date at a nice restaurant, quality time, new baby, oh yeah and return for another meal!
It doesn't get any better.
We ate at 6:45pm on Feb. 16 and had our beautiful little baby girl, Jasmine, at 1:12am Feb. 18, 2008!
(38 weeks on the dot!) So it work for us!!
Plus we were able to go on another date with the baby club!
Jason + Bianca
Here is Addeline June Jenkins, our amazing Scalini's baby. My wife ate the Eggplant Parmigiana on October 6th, 2007 and went into labor a few hours later. Addeline was born at 12:15pm on October 7th. Thank you for an amazing meal and a great jump start to meeting our beautiful daughter!
The Jenkins,
Brent, Sarah and Addeline
A tale of two eggplant babies…
Here is a picture of my son Hank, a Scalini’s Eggplant Parmesan success story.
I went to the doctor on my due date December 15, 2005 and the midwife told me that there was no sign that the baby was coming anytime soon, in fact, she said I might want to prepare myself for a New Year’s baby!
I would not hear of it, and set about getting busy to have this baby.
First stop Scalini’s for a generous helping of labor inducing Eggplant Parm. (To my husband’s dismay I would not be deterred by the ice storm and we made the drive from Midtown!)
Hank was born exactly 47 hours later on December 17, 2005.
Healthy, happy and an eggplant lover from the get go.
What inspired me to write after only 3
short years?
Well, a friend of mine is presently in labor.
She isn’t due for another week, but as she was determined to have her baby this weekend, we sent over a big homemade batch of your Eggplant Parm yesterday afternoon…and after enjoying a “gladiator” portion of the magic concoction, voila…she went into labor last night at 3am.
We’re currently awaiting the arrival of Effie.
Great work Scalini’s.
Additional pictures to follow!
Brady John Williams was born on June 27th 2009 at 12:45am, one week before my due date. I started having contractions about 4 hours after making and eating Scalini's eggplant parm with my husband. Brady was born less than 48 hours later.
~The Williams Family
Here is a picture of Madelyn May Hughes in her Scalinis t-shirt!
Born 3/21/2009 after we went to Scalini's for dinner on 3/20!
Zoe Isabella
I was having a hard time with the pregnancy and work, and I kept saying that Memorial Day weekend would be a great time to have a baby. That would make the baby a few weeks early, but I was not sure I could make it three more weeks. I decided to try the eggplant parm recipe Saturday night. I am a vegetarian and eggplant parm is one of my most favorite dishes, so if nothing else, I was guaranteed a good dinner. The next day I went about my business and out of the blue, in the supermarket parking lot, my water broke. Zoe Isabella was born the next day (Memorial Day) weighing in at 5lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. She is perfect and healthy and just a little angel. I have got to think that Scalini's eggplant parm recipe was what did the trick, as I tried nothing else!
-Meredith M
My husband and I were not sure if eating the eggplant will work but we wanted to try it for the fun of it. We went to Scalini's on Friday after work and my husband rushed me to the hospital at 1am Sunday morning
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your eggplant parmigiana recipe! I made it exactly like the recipe said and before 48 hours was up, my baby Eva was born on August 3, 2007! Amazing - not to mention unbelievably delicious. My whole extended family gladly shared the meal with me. I am now 8 anxious days away from my due date with a new baby, and I am almost ready to make it again!
Here is a picture of my baby Eva, born August 3, 2007, a day and a half after making Scalini's eggplant parmigiana recipe.
Thanks again for your delicious and helpful recipe,
Jack Perry Hopkins was born on March 28th 2009 at 2:30pm approximately 44 hours after making and eating the famous Scalini's eggplant parm. My contractions started about 24 hours after eating the eggplant parm. It not only worked but it also was delicious.
-Christine Hopkins
Brennen Trace Gaddis
We ate at Scalini's in Marietta on Saturday, April 4th, 2009 around 5:30 pm.
I had the Eggplant Parmigiana (of course!) and my husband had the chicken parmesan. I was 1 week before my due date and very anxious to meet our 3rd child.
A good friend of mine had eaten your eggplant parm back in October of 2006 and it worked for her, so she told me I had to try it.
I did and ate every last bite! Did I mention I have never eaten eggplant before either? It was delicious! :)
(We did sign the book)
Sunday morning I woke up and just felt different. We went for a walk and to the park with our youngest daughter and then came back to the house and I started to pick up and do some cleaning because I just felt like something would be happening soon since I had been through this 2 times before.
Sunday evening at about 10 pm my contractions started coming about 5 to 10 by midnight, they were every 2 to 5 minutes apart.
We called the midwife and she told us to come on in to the hospital.
I spent the early hours of the morning walking at the hospital and things finally really picked up by afternoon. By 5 pm I was in full blown labor and almost ready to push!
Brennen Trace Gaddis was born at 6:12 pm, weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and 20 inches long!
I truly believe it was the eggplant parmigiana that helped us get to hold our little man in our arms a week earlier than we expected and we are so happy that he is here!
Thanks Scalinis!
Patience and Tracy Gaddis
Bryer Dwight Cale was born on March 16, 2009 (at 37 1/2 weeks) at 11:53am, weighing 7lbs, 7oz and 21 inches long. My husband, daughter and I went to Scalini's on March 14th at 6 PM and of course I had the eggplant parmesan .
My water broke 24 hours later and shortly after that Bryer was born!~30 hours after eating the eggplant parmesan. Here is his picture when he was one week old.
Thanks Scalini's!
Maygan & Michael Cale
Here's James Henson Mormino, who was born the day after his Mom had eggplant parmesan for dinner at Scalini's.
Yes, his first toy is a stuffed eggplant doll!
Michael Mormino
Sarah Grace Hopkins was born on November 4, 2008 just 15 hours after Mommy had enjoyed a delicious eggplant parmesan dinner from Scalini's.
Daddy had the meatballs...
Thanks, Scalini's!
John, Jennifer and Grace Hopkins
Kaylee Mackenzie Dickson was born on 2/1/09 (at 38 weeks) at 8:29am, weighing 6lbs, 11oz and 19.5 inches in length. We ate dinner on 1/31/09 at Scalini's and 1.5 hours later, my water broke and I went into labor. Kaylee was born ~14 hours after we finished eating the eggplant parm at Scalini's. Attached is her picture at 12 days old! Thanks Scalini's for helping us get Kaylee here early!
Proud parents are Stephanie and John Dickson
Thank you!
Last March, I was working and living in New York, 2 weeks from my due date.
I was sick of feeling so uncomfortable and ready to see my little boy - so I made your recipe, down to the very last ingredient and step.
I ate it for dinner that night, March 2, 2008 and then breakfast and lunch the next day.
My son Giles was born March 4, 2008.
Good Luck to the rest of the Moms.
Lily was born on January 31st at 1:07PM.
She weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces and was 21 inches long.
Jennifer (my wife and Lily's mom) ate the Scalini's eggplant parmesan around 6:30 PM on Thursday, January 29th.
So less than 48 hours after Scalini's, our daughter was born.
God Bless,
Greg Willits
Greg Willits is Co-Host of && on
The Catholic Channel (Sirius 159/XM 117)
To listen to the audio of their Scalini's visit click !
Holden Harrison Reaves
May 17, 2008
I moved to the Atlanta area when I was 5 months pregnant.
Several people I met told me to eat at Scalini's to go into labor.
More than a week before my due date, we ate dinner there and I had the eggplant parmigiana of course!
That was Saturday Oct. 25, and I went into labor on the 26th and Acadia Christine was born on Monday October 27th!
I was so glad it worked!
My bosses wife told me about your restaurant and the eggplant so I decided to look it up online a week before I was due.
I love eggplant parm & figured I had nothing to lose so I'd give it a try.
I ate the eggplant for dinner on Tuesday, and then for breakfast and lunch on Wednesday.
By Wednesday night, I was in the hospital in labor!
I am 100% convinced it was the eggplant that put me in labor!
Thanks for sharing ... I will be sure to tell every other pregnant woman I know!
Burkley Elisabeth
December 18, 2008
Thanks again!
On December 1, 2008, my husband and I dined at Scalini's Restaurant in a desperate attempt to induce my labor. Earlier that day, my OB/GYN discussed the possibility of having to induce my labor on December 5th. My due date was December 3rd, and my labor did not appear to be progressing. I really wanted to have an all natural delivery, and I was rather upset about the prospect of having to induce labor artificially.
I convinced my husband that I needed to eat at Scalini's to get my labor started. On December 1, 2008 (at 8:39pm) I finished eating my eggplant parmigiana entree. On December 2, 2008 I delivered my beautiful baby girl at 10:45 am at Northside Hospital. Olivia weighed 8 lbs.10 ozs. and was 21.5& long.
Our eggplant baby was born December 20, 2008.
Jocelyn Savannah Merry was due December 21 so we decided to have dinner at Scalini’s and see if the eggplant parmigiana would do it’s magic for us.
My husband, Josh, and I ate there Friday night, December 19.
We actually drove down for lunch only to find out Scalini’s didn’t open until 4:30 so we went back for dinner.
We signed the eggplant registry and took our tiramisu home to see what would happen.
I started having contractions around 2 am and then my water broke shortly before 5 am.
She arrived at 11:15 am Saturday December 20!
We definitely feel that the Scalini’s eggplant theory is more fact than myth!
Wendy & Josh
Whoever thinks this is a MYTH!! … Think AGAIN! My daughter (Desirae) had the eggplant at 6:30PM on Sunday, December 14th.
Aniya Neve’ was born at 11:48AM on Monday, December 15th!
Thank you!
(proud Grandmother!)
My family took me to Scalini’s for the eggplant parmesan for dinner on October 19, 2008 mostly for the novelty of the legend.
It worked--Elisabeth Audrey was born on October 20th!
Thanks, Scalini’s!
Randa & Barron & big brothers Ethan & Evan
I too made the eggplant parmesan to induce my labor. I was scheduled to be induced Oct. 6th 2008. I wanted to go into labor on my own, so my husband searched the internet for ideas and came to your website. I went to the store on the 5th and got everything. It tasted amazing! I slept well, then 2 hours before my doctors appointment, I started having contractions. My labor was 8 hours long. We had an 8.14 lb. little girl, Genevieve Love on October 6th 2008. I give the credit to God above, but I have to admit, I did eat this dish and it was yummy. Also ladies, pineapple, kiwi, and mango are what I had for dessert. Those fruits have been known to start labor too. Thanks Scalini's!
Sincerely, Alayne, Monterey, Ca
Hi! We had dinner the day before my due date (Oct 4) at the Scalini's in Marietta. It was a great dinner and I of, course, had the eggplant parm. The next evening, I started labor! I didn't make the 48 hour deadline for your program because I was in labor for 41 hours but I'm pretty sure the eggplant parm helped put me into labor! Our beautiful baby boy Jayant Kieran Joseph was born Oct 7, 2008 @ 12:13pm.
We can't wait to come back to Scalini's for another delicious dinner with Jayant and show him where mom and dad were the night before he started trying to make his appearance!
Jenni Joseph
Here's Lily, our precious Scalini's baby! With my due date 3 days away, my husband, my 2 boys and my mom and I went to Scalini's for my favorite eggplant parm (my favorite even when not pregnant!). We ate at around 6:30 PM and at 1:30 AM my water broke, we rushed to the hospital and she was born less than 2 hours later. I'm definitely a believer :)
- Michelle R
I have been meaning to tell Scalini's about my son for over a year now, and finally getting around to it now! I found your eggplant recipe from the Good Morning America website a few days before my son was born.
I made a tray of it, and not only was it delicious, but about 30 hours later I was in labor! Joseph Antonio Gelo was born on September 27, 2007 at 2:40 in the morning, weighing 6 lbs 12 oz and 19.5 inches long.
Not sure if it was the eggplant that did it, but I tell all of my pregnant friends about it. Thanks!
Sincerely, Christi G, Queens New York
I got the recipe off of your website for the eggplant parmigiana, and made it one day before my due date on August 27, 2008.
We ate about 8:30pm and I went into labor around 12:30am that night.
Ariel Elizabeth was born on August 29, 2008 at 1:50am after 25 hours of labor!
Thanks so much!!!
The Brooks Family
My husband and I went to Scalini's for dinner on 4/20/08.
I ordered the eggplant parmigiana and ate every bite of it.
Irregular contractions started on 4/21/08.
By 3:00 a.m. on 4/22/08, we were on our way to the hospital.
Our eggplant parmigiana baby, Jonathan, was born on 4/22/08 at 1:02 p.m., less than 48 hours after mommy ate the famous dish.
I'm a believer!
Tabitha B.
Hello! My name is Kate, and I am a Scalini's Eggplant Parmigiana Baby! My mother was five days overdue with me and was willing to try just about anything at that point. She had Scalini's eggplant parmigiana at 6:30 p.m. on May 31, 2008, and went into labor with me 7 hours later at 1:30 a.m. on June 1. I was born later that afternoon.
Thanks, Scalini's, for our beautiful eggplant baby!
Lucas Alton was born on June 29th at 8:28 am. A friend of mine made Eggplant parmesan with me on a Friday afternoon and I had a monster portion for dinner. I woke up at 4 a.m. the next morning in labor and my son was born 28 1/2 hours later! I didn't think anything would make this baby come out- he was 11 days late- but your recipe did it. Not only is it delicious, but it is effective too. Thanks Scalini's!
Michelle P
Chase was born 1/19/08. My husband did some research on recipes that would induce labor and he found your recipe for the Eggplant Parm. He does not cook very well and actually hardly ever but spent many hours in the kitchen cooking in hopes that this would actually work for us. He did not even like it and would not eat it after it was finished but I did not want to upset him after all his work so I ate my helping and even ate seconds.
The next a.m. when we got up I felt weird. I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in to the office to get checked out and I was in labor less than 12 hours after eating the eggplant parm.
We are now pregnant with our second baby boy and I will definitely try this again!!!
Thank you, Kelly
Chase was born 1/19/08. My husband did some research on recipes that would induce labor and he found your recipe for the Eggplant Parm. He does not cook very well and actually hardly ever but spent many hours in the kitchen cooking in hopes that this would actually work for us. He did not even like it and would not eat it after it was finished but I did not want to upset him after all his work so I ate my helping and even ate seconds.
The next a.m. when we got up I felt weird. I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in to the office to get checked out and I was in labor less than 12 hours after eating the eggplant parm.
We are now pregnant with our second baby boy and I will definitely try this again!!!
Thank you, Kelly
Thank you for your terrific recipe!
My second child was born at 2:44am on July 9th, 2008!
I made your recipe at 8pm on July 8th and started labor at 12:30am on July 9th.
Baby was born in 2 hours! :)
Thanks again!
Alice Choi
My husband and I made this recipe at home on 7/26/08. We ate at 9:00pm and my water breaking woke me up at 2:48am on 7/27/08. We had a beautiful baby boy 14 hours later. I have since given the recipe to 2 other of my friends, one went in to labor within an hour and the other in 5 hours. There is definitely something to this.
Regards, The Strauss'
Greetings! Attached is a photo of Ava Marie Schroll, born 4/14 at 7:06 am.
Mom and Dad made your delicious Eggplant Parmesan for dinner on 4/12, had leftovers for lunch on 4/13, an Mom went into labor that same night! Thanks, Scalini's!
Regards, Karl, Maggie and Ava Schroll
My family and I went to eat at Scalini's on my due date Monday February 18. (I was having no signs of delivering anytime soon).
I had the Eggplant Parmesan and went into labor later that night.
Progression was slow (we bought the long plan, as my midwife said) but Skyla Jean Crenshaw was born 48 hours later on February 20 at 5:12 p.m.
Thank You Scalini's!!! - Laura Normand
I was skeptical at first but now I'm convinced!
My wife sent me the recipe and story because she thought it was funny.
I tempted fate and cooked it for her two weeks before her due date.
She had leftovers for lunch the next day and 12 hours later we were in the hospital!
Twelve hours after that we welcomed our new daughter into the world.
I think there actually might be something to this legend! - Kevin Schully
Here is a picture of our &Eggplant Baby&. Cailin Bohm was born February 18, 2008. My husband and I ate dinner at Scalini's on February 17, and obviously I had the eggplant parmigiana. Less than 3 hours after finishing dinner, I went into labor. Cailin was born less than 24 hours later. Thanks for the great dinner and the kickstart to my labor. - Susan Bohm
Annabelle Green was born January 23rd, 2008 the day after mom ate the eggplant Parmigiana!

我要回帖

更多关于 comes 的文章

随机推荐