姓名一、写出下列词语1.把...拖洗干净____
2.输掉比赛_____
_______3.杀死成千上万的人_______
4.半小时后________
____5.把村子冲走______
6.雷电_____
_______7. 从树上摔下来___________________
8. 引发一场大火_____________9. 开始下雨__________________
10. 伤了你的腿_______________二、用所给单词的正确形式填空1. He came into the room___________(quiet) because his baby was asleep.2. Tianjin is one of the __________(north) cities in China.3.His father looked ____________(angry) aat him because he failed in the exam.4.She is a good girl. She often does some _________(wash) at home.5.Giant pandas like to live a ___________(nature) world.6. When the girl heard the news, she got very __________(excite).7.The girls are all _________(frighten)of the dark..8.I am hungry. Do you have something ____________(eat).9.Our teacher told us _______________(not study) too long at night.10. After that, pieces of glass and bricks ________(fall) down. A lot of people died.三、单项选择(   )1. The _____ boy is my brother.A. sleeping
D. slept(   )2. I have _____ apples than youA. little
D.fewer(   )3.Miss li teaches ______ English at school.A. your
D. our(   )4.Who is _____ at swimming in your class?A. good
D. the best(   )5.---Who played basketball yesterday? ---Kate _____.A. played
D. does(   )6.Since you spilt(洒) the milk, you'll have to ______A. mop it up
B. mop up it
C. mop them up
D. mop up them(   )7.This piano is too big. Can you make _____ for it?A. a space
B. some spaces
C.some more rooms
D.some space(   )8.---When are you going to leave? ---My train ____at 6.00 a.m.A. leave
C. leaving
D. left(   )9.The earthquake killed_____ people.A. over nine hundred B. hundreds of
C. hundred of
D. A and B(   )10.A truck crashed _____ a tree this morning.A. to
D./四、完形填空Hiking is a good way to exercise. Do you like it?Hiking
health. Most people choose to go hiking in the countryside, in the forests
in the mountains. They like to be close to nature and exercise
fit at the same time.If you are a beginner, you should start with a hike that you can finish
one day. As you get stronger, you can go on overnight(整夜的) hikes. Later you can go on
hikes which may last for days or weeks.For safety reasons, hikers should go hiking with others. You should have one or more friends with you.
, if you decide to be alone, you'd better let someone know where you are going and when you will
. It is also a good idea to bring
.Backpacking is also a kind of
. You can carry food, clothing and other things on your back in a pack. Backpackers can stay many days in places where there is
food to buy.(
)1. A. are good at
B. is good at
C. are good for
D. is good for(
)2. A. and
)3. A. keep
B. to keep
C. keeping
D. keeps(
)4. A. in
)5. A. long
D. shorter(
)6. A. However
C. Because
D. Until(
)7. A. return
B. return back
C. arrive at
D. reach(
)8. A. some books
B. some money
C. a guide
D. a map(
)9. A. pleasure
D. travel(
)10. A. none
D. no8A unit6 Reading (1)班级
姓名一、根据课文内容填空I was in a _______ center when it started. _______ first, I felt a _______ shaking through my body.Then I heard a big noise like _______. People _______ _______ each other _______ _______..Then the real noise came and the earth started to shake. People ran _______ all directions.I _______ my best to _______ _______ to the street too. People ran _______ as _______ _______ glass and bricks fell down. Then the walls began to _______ _______ too. When the noise ended, I _______ down and found I _______ _______ in the dark place. I shouted _______ _______, but no one came. I told myself that I must stay _______.Suddenly, I heard some noise above me. I screamed. Then I heard _______ shouts. People were in a great _______ to _______ _______ the bricks and stones. At _______, I saw the bright _______. I was _______.二、根据首字母及句意完成所缺单词1. Many people were killed in the a_____
__.2. Tom fell off the tree and h_____
__ his leg.3. Don't shout! Please c____
___ down.4. When the earthquake started, people ran in all d____
___.5. You should l____
___ the door when you leave home.6. Today the t____
___ is 15℃--23℃. It is quite warm.一、 单项选择(
)1.My father will be back from Hongkong ______ a week.A. for
)2.The area _________ food and shelter for wildlife.A. provides
D. sells(
)3.Shennongjia is an ideal home ______ different kinds of animals ______live inA. for,for
D.for,to(
)4.______ Zhalong helps us leaarn more about wildlife.A. Study
B. Studies
C. Studying
D. Studied(
)5.There will be ______ space for them.A. few and few
B. fewer and fewerC. little and little
D. less and less(
)6.I can answer th question _______.A. easy
D.easilier(
)7.What did you do ______ the market yesterday?A. in
)8.let's _______ this Saturday, shall we?A.go birdwatching
B.birdwatchingC.go birdwatch
D.birdwatch(
)9.His son went to school ____ a hurry yesterday morning.A. at
)10.The accident ________ in this room yesterday.A. happens
B. happening
C. happened
D. was happened三、完成句子1.他们恐惧地站在那里。They stood there ___________________.2.老师赶到后,学生们便向四面八方散开了。  When the teacher arrived , the students scattered _____________________.3.我喝了一杯茶以便让自己平静下来。I had a cup of tea to _______________________.4.我们不知道墙什么时候倒塌的。We don't know when the wall ___________________.5.她对火有恐惧感,所以当她看到火时就尖叫了起来。She has a great _____________ of fire, so she ________________ when she saw the fire.四.阅读理解  I can still remember my first day at school. I was only 6 years old at that time. It was a very big room. I sat at the desk near the window, but I couldn't see anything because the window were too high. There was a big map of the world on the wall and an old blackboard. I don't think I was worried or afraid. There was another boy next to me. He sat there and kept silent(沉默) at first. Then he began to cry, because he didn't want to stay there.  More and more students came in, but the boy didn't stop crying. "Mom, I want to go home." He cried again and again. Later, the teacher came in. She went to the little boy, and said something to him. I couldn't hear what he said. Soon the boy stopped crying and began to smile. To this day, I still don't know what the teacher said to the little boy.判断正(T)误(F)(
) 1. The writer went to school when he was 6 years old.(
) 2. There were beautiful pictures on the wall of the classroom.(
) 3. She sat near the window, so she could look outside.(
) 4. The little boy cried, because he wanted to go home.(
) 5. When the teacher came in, the boy stopped crying.8Aunit 6 Reading (2)班级
姓名一、词组翻译1.在购物中心_________
2.一阵轻微的震动___
_________3.恐惧地___
_________4.四处逃散________
____5.尽力做某事__________
6.倒下________
____7.平静下来_______
_____ 8.陷入困境______
______9.活下来____________
10.匆忙做某事______
______二、用所给单词的适当形式填空1. How can you change the wetlands__________(make) space for buildings?2. Not everyonre knows the ___________(important)of protecting birds.3. _________(many) and more people begin to have their own cars in China.4. It made him _________(think) of a good idea.5. Who do you think is the best writer________(live) now?6. I don't know why the girl is crying ____________(loud).7. Which __________(direct) did they go to? Do you know?8. They were _________(trap) in the burning hotel.9. They are lying on the beach _____________(comfortable) and enjoying the sunshine.10. I felt a slight __________(shake) through my body.二、 用适当的介词和副词完成下列句子1. We did not know what _______ do.2. Tim heard a loud noise _______ thunder _______ first.3. He was trapped _______ a dark place after the earthquake.4. He wanted to stay _______, so he shouted _______ help.5. The pieces _______ glasses and bricks fell down .And after that , the
walls began to come _______ ,too.6. Finally, people moved _______ the stones and bricks and saved him.7.We will not stay here _______ too long. We must go back at once.8. Last night a coach crashed _______ a tree. The people _______ it were badly hurt.9. Would you like to go shopping _______ me?10. We didn't arrive _______ the park until ten o'clock.11. Zhalong is the home _______ plants and animals. There are many different kinds _______ birds there, too.12. I think it is important _______ us to protect the animals.四、将下列句子翻成英语1.当我平静下来的时候,我发现我被困在黑暗中。When I _____________, I found I ______________________________.2.当地震开始的时候,人们四处奔逃。When the earthquake started, people _____________________.3.人们赶紧把砖块、石头移走。People ______________________ move away the bricks and stones.4.四周太静了。他们惊恐地彼此看着对方。It was too quiet around them. They _________________________________.5.他们尽力去救他,但是没成功。They _________________________________, but failed.6.因为地震,我们没有吃的东西。____________ the earthquake, we _______________________.五、完形填空John left the United States in 1969 to work in Africa. Africa was hot. When John
to the United States in 1979, he said to himself, " It's much
here than it was before I left. I'm going to
an electric heater(电热器). Besides, everything is much more
."John went to a store the next day to buy an electric heater. The salesman
him three or four
kinds and then said, " And this is our best electric heater. It
a lot, but it
half of your electricity(电), and electricity is very expensive now, isn't it?""Yes, it's very expensive," John answered, " and it's becoming
every year." He looked at the electric heater carefully, thought for a few seconds and then said, "Well, I'll take
of these, then I'll save all of my electricity."(
)1. A. wrote
B. pointed
C. listened
D. returned(
)2. A. hotter
D. noisier(
)3. A. buy
)4. A. modern
C. expensive
D. beautiful(
)5. A. borrowed
D. showed(
)6. A. old
D. different(
)7. A. has
D. brings(
)8. A. saves
C. becomes
D. produces(
)9. A. better
D. cheaper(
)10. A. one
D. three8Aunit 6 Vocabulary班级
姓名一、按要求写出下列单词1. shake(名词)____
2. live(形容词)____
___3. me(反身代词)____
4. loudly(形容词)__
_____5. sun(形容词)____
6. cloudy(名词)____
___7. wind(形容词)____
8. rain(形容词)____
___9. storm(形容词)___
10.foggy(名词)__
_____11.snow(形容词)____
12.frost(形容词)____
___二、用所给单词的正确形式填空1. The sun shines _______ (bright). It is a _______ (sun) day.2. It is really _______ (snow) today. So I got to school quite late.3. It was _______ (fog) yesterday. We couldn't see each other in one metre.4. It is going to be _______ (wind) tonight. The wind will blow _______ (strong).5. The weather will become _______ (bad) on Monday than doday.6. Birds can find food _______ (easy) here.7.December is the ___________(twelve) month of the year.8.The word "sing" is an __________(regular) verb.9.He always says hello to others. He is a _________ student. But his brother is an ___________ student. (polite)10.You are _________(welcome)here because you barea ________(honest) boy.三、 完成句子1.在六月,这儿经常下大雨。It often _____________________________ here.2.今天的天气很暖和,气温在15摄氏度左右。________________ is very warm. The temperature ________________.3.昨晚刮了一场大风。今天的温度将会有所下降。___________, there was _______________. The temperature _______ ___________________ today.4.今天早晨雾很浓_______________________________ this morning.5. 人们惊恐地相互注视着。People looked at ___________________________.6.---明天天气怎么样?---多云有点风。---_______________________________ tomorrow?---It's ________________but ________________________.7. 大多数人在暴风雨的日子里喜欢呆在家里。Most people like ___________at home _______________________.8. 因为电闪雷鸣,他今天不能准时来了。四、阅读理解Britain's smallest school was closed down because its only pupil failed to turn up for class, a famous British newspaper reported in May.The newspaper said the six-year-old girl's parents were unhappy with a teacher who just got the new job to teach the only pupil.  The school had been closed for the last nine months after its former (前任的) teacher retired(退休)and the only other pupil moved on to a secondary school. The new teacher, Ms Puckey, was to start teaching the girl and reopen the school.But the girl's mother is keeping her daughter at home."I was not pleased with the new teacher," the mother said, "I had told the old teacher as far back as last September that if Ms Puckey got the job, my children would not be going to school."The school lies on an island off the northeast coast of Scotland. Although there was only one pupil, the school is very good in many ways and has a headmaster, three computers, a television and an art room as well as a school house with three bedrooms.(
) 1. The reading is about_________.A. the smallest school that was closed down   B. the only pupil in the smallest schoolC. the new teacher and her teaching D. the old teacher who just retired(
) 2. "turn up" in the reading means_________.A. pass an exam
B. go to school
C. pay money D. hand in homework(
) 3. From the reading we can know that the school_____.A. is too far for the students
B. does not have enough teachersC. does not have many pupils
D. is new but small(
) 4. Before the school was closed down_________.A. the girl's mother wanted to teach her daughter at homeB. the only pupil had to move to a secondary schoolC. a famous newspaper had written something about itD. the girl's mother had a talk to the former teacher(
) 5. The reading doesn't say but we can infer (推断) that_______.A. the girl's mother had only one child   B. the new teacher was not kind to the girlC. the old teacher was fit to teach the girl   D. the parents were unhappy with the school8Aunit 6 Grammar(1)班级
姓名一、用所给动词的适当形式填空1.I_____________(play)computer games at this time yesterday.2.She _____________(watch)TV on the sofa at eight last night.3.Eddie ____________(have) supper at seven yesterday.4.We ____________(make) a snowman from 3.00 to 4.00 yesterday afternoon.5.---I saw you in the street yesterday,Tom. What were you doing ?--- Oh, I _______________(call) my friend.6.________they__________(feed) the animals at five yesterday afternoon?7.Mrs Green _______________(not wash) clothes at this time yesterday.8.Grandpa ________________(mend) his clock when I reached home.9.As I __________(walk) in the park, Isaw some children playing games.10.I was playing computer games while my father____________(read) newspapaers.二、单项选择(
)1. What ______ at 8.00 yesterday morning?A.is she doing
B. does she do
C. she did
D. was she doing(
)2. It _______ from 7.00 to 9.00 last night.A. snow
C.was snowing
D. is snowing(
)3. Millie went into the room,took off her coat and ___ down on the sofa.A.will sit
B.was sitting
D. is sitting(
)4. My brother _____ his homework when I left my house.A.is doing
B.was doing
)5.Tom was cleaning the room while Jack _____TV.A. was watching
B.ia watching
C. watches
D. watched(
)6.Don't worry. We still have ______ time left.A. few
B.a little
)7.There will be thick_______ tomorrow.A. fog
)8.---What a hot day!
---Yes, but it will be ______ later on.A. hotter
D.sunnier(
)9.My friend looked____ at me when we met after so many years.A.happy
B. friendly
D. happily(
)10.Swallows fly to _____ countries in winter.A. southern
B.northern
D.western三、完成句子1.老师叫学生把电灯关掉。The teacher asked the students ____________________ the lights.2.1999年,台湾发生了大地震。_________________________ in Taiwan ________ 1999.3.因为昨夜下了一场暴风雪,今天的交通很拥挤。There ______________________________ today  because a snowstorm _____________________.4.既然天气这么好,为什么不去野营?_______ the weather is ___________, __________________________?5.因为母亲去工作,他不得不照顾他自己。_______ Mother went to work, he __________________________.四、完形填空  As a student ,you must
__1__ a lot of interesting books. Most of the books come from the school __2__, I am sure. Perhaps you also get books from the public(公共) library in your town . Then books are sometimes given to you as presents by your parents or friends, I think. Besides, if you like reading and want to learn __3__. I am sure that you buy books __4__. Do you know ___5___books are made? Well, after a book is written, it passes __6__ the hands of many different workers. Each one __7__ very carefully, for there must not be any __8__ in the book, Different people read many times before it is finished. Millions of books are printed(印刷)in our country every year. So people can get _9__ to read. Now may I ask you a __10___ ? How well do you take __11__ of books ? What have you learned about the care of books ? Perhaps you bought yourselves some __12__ books. Do you put paper on them ? Do you open _13__ ? Sometimes new books break(破) along the back if you open __14__ suddenly in the middle. I hope that you don't __15__ the pages carelessly. If you do, you may tear (撕)them.(
)1.A. read B. watched C. looked
)2.A. headmaster's officeB. classroom C. teacher's office D. library(
)3.A. much B. more
)4.A. all
B. yourself C. also
D. either(
)5.A. what B. why
)6.A. through B. to
)7.A. does B. is work C. work
D. works(
)8.A. mistakes
B. questions C. wrong
D. thing(
)9.A. much B. enough
D. great(
)0.A. matter B. thing
D. question(
)11.A. careful B. after
)12.A. more B. new
D. nicer(
)13.A. always B. the books C. it
D. carefully(
)14.A. them B. carefully C. it
)15.A. break B. throw
D. turn8Aunit 6 Grammar(2 )班级
姓名一、用所给动词的适当形式填空1. Don't forget __________ (lock) the door when you leave home.2. He reminded his students ___________ (not talk) in class.3. The new tie makes him ____________ (look) smart.4. We spend lots of time ___________ (do) our homework.5. Our teacher told us ___________ (not get) to school late next time.6. Nancy likes __________ (play) softball. She spends over one hour day ___________ (play) softball.7. If you want __________ (learn) English better, you should practise __________ (speak) English often.8. What would you like __________ (be) when you grow up?9. I saw the traffic accident ___________ (happen) yesterday.10.Though he was very tired, he kept __________ (work). Because he must finish it before five.二、用when或while完成下列句子1. Were you looking at him ___________ he was writing the letter?2. He was smoking ________ he was waiting in his car.3.__________ he saw her, he waved.4.The children were running out __________ it suddenly began to rain heavily.5.What was your father doing ___________ your mother was cooking?6.Was your mother doing housework _________you came back?7.I was trying my best to finish the work _________ my sister was watching TV.8.How fast were you going ________the poloiceman stopped you?9. She ___________(take) a shower __________ the telephone ________(ring).10._________he _________(arrive) at the airport,his friends______________(wait)for him.11.I _______(meet)an old friend _________I _____________(walk)in the street.三、单项选择(
)1. What were you doing ____ the fire happened/A. if
)2. May was running towards Mike _____ he was taking photos.A. when
)3. The Greens ______ with each other when someone knocked at the door.A. is talking
B.was talking
C.are talking
D.were talking(
)4.The boy _____ his homework when his parents ______ in.A. was doing, were coming
B.did ,comeC. did ,were coming
D. was doing , came(
)5. I first met Lisa three years ago. She ______ at a radio shop at the time.A. has worked
B. was working
D. is working四、完形填空  We cannot stop earthquakes, but we can do things to make sure they do not destroy (破坏) whole cities. First, it is not a __31__ idea to build houses along the lines where __32__ of the earth's plates join together. Second, if you think there __33__ be an earthquake, it is better to build houses on rock, not on __34__. Third, you must make the houses as __35__ as possible. Weak buildings will fall down in an earthquake, but strong ones may __36__.  Scientists are __37__ that one day an even bigger earthquake will hit the part around San Francisco. They call it "The Big One". But people today are still building more __38__. The population in and around San Francisco__39__ is ten times more than it was in 1906. This means that __40__ there is another earthquake, a great many houses and buildings will be destroyed.(
) 1. A. bad
) 2. A. one
) 3. A. may
) 4. A. sea
) 5. A. high
) 6. A. keep up
C. stay up
D. grow up(
) 7. A. sorry
B. pleased
D. wondering(
) 8. A. walls
B. stories
D. houses(
) 9. A. now
) 10. A. before
D. until8Aunit 6 Integrated skills班级
姓名  一、写出下列词语  1.变得更糟糕_______________ 2.一场大雪_________________  3.交通事故_________________
4.看报纸_________________  5.着火__________________
6.伤了他的腿_________________  7.一场大风暴_________________8. 感到害怕_________________  二、单项选择  (
) 1. There was a football match last night.___ people went to watch it.A. Thousand
B. Three thousands
C. Thousand of
D. Thousands of  (
) 2. Our teacher told Simon _______ forget _______ the door.A. not... to lock
B. not to... to lockC. not... locking
D. not to... locking  (
) 3. The young man is _______ to carry the heavy box.A. enough strong
B. strong enough
C. too strong
D. so strong  (
) 4. The little girl is too frightened _______ a word.A. saying
C. not to say
D. say  (
) 5. The ticket is on the floor, _______ , please.A. pick up it
B. look it up
C. put on it
D. pick it up(
) 6. Last summer, we went to Mount Tai. It is really high _______ beautiful.A. and
D. but  (
) 7. Max is good at _______ jokes. He has a good humour.A. tell
C. telling
D. to tell  (
) 8. We have got everything ready. So we need _______.A. something else
B. else something
C.nothing else
D. else nothing  (
) 9. I told myself to stay _______.A. wake up
D.woke  (
)10.The doctor warned him _______.A. not smoke
B. not to smoke
C. don't smoke
D. should not smoke  三、完成句子  1.由于木材是湿的,它不容易着火。  
Since the wood is wet, it won't _____________________.  2.告诉我你的到达时间。  
Tell me _______________________________.  3.我们的小汽车在路上抛锚了。  Our car ______________________________________.四、阅读理解An Advertisement of Strong Museum博物馆广告  Strong Museum: Hours and Admission  HoursMonday-Thursday: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Friday: 10.00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Sunday: 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.Closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.The Museum Shop is open during regular(正常的) museum hours. Admission(入场券) to the shop is always free.  The Museum Library is open Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.The Skyliner Restaurant is open during regular museum hours Monday through Saturday, and from 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.  AdmissionAdults(成年人): $7.00
The teenagers and students with ID: $6.00Children aged 2 to 7: $5.00
Children younger than 2: free  Strong Museum members : free  Strong Museum offers a 50% discount(打折) to groups of 20 or more.(
)1.Strong Museum usually opens ________. A. Monday through Thursday
B. every day except Wednesday C. from Monday to Friday
D. every day of the week(
)2. You can have dinner in Strong Museum _________ on Fridays. A. from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
B. from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m C. from 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
D. at any time of the day(
)3. If you are a group of 30 students with ID visiting Strong Museum, how much should you pay for the admission ?  A. $105
)4. According to the advertisement above, which of the following is true ?A. Children to Strong Museum are free.B. An adult visiting Strong Museum should pay $7.00.C. The museum is open all the year round.D. The teenagers are free to Strong Museum.(
)5. Which is the best title that can be used in the advertisement for Strong Museum?A. Strong Museum - an Exciting Place for Adults.B. Strong Museum-Children's World for Fun.C. Welcome to Strong Museum for a Long Holiday.D. Strong Museum - the Best Place to Spend Your Day.8Aunit 6 Main task班级
姓名一、写出下列词语1.暴风雪袭击北京_________________2.和某人和用一把伞______________3.在风中__________________
4.朝公共汽车站走去______________5.天气预报_________________
6.暴风雪警报________________7.摔倒_________________
8.车辆的嘈杂声_________________二、用所给动词的正确形式填空1. Tom and Kitty always __________ (walk) to school because they want
____________ (exercise).2. _________ Nancy _________ (like) swimming?3. We would like ___________ (visit) the Temple of Heaven instead.4. My parents and I always __________ (go) on a boat trip. But last year we _________ (go) horse riding.5. The weather ___________ (be) fine tomorrow.6. When I __________ (meet) Miss Li in the street yesterday, I stopped ___________ (talk) to her.7. I am really sorry _________ (tell) you that I __________ (leave) my homework at home.8. Xiao Li is interested in __________ (watch) foreign films. His favourite film is "alone at home."三、用适当的介词或副词填空1. What happened __________ you?2. I like to share my things __________ my friends.3. Don't look out __________ the window in class. You should look _________ the blackboard.4. It's late. We must ride to school __________ a hurry.5. _________ this time yesterday, we were waiting _________ the bus
_________ the bus stop.6. The old man called 110 _______ help after he was robbed _______ the road.7. The snow continued to fall _______ us.8. The water washed the village _______.四、完成句子1.昨天下了一场大雪,雪覆盖了所有的公路。Yesterday it ________________. The snow __________ the whole road.2.他们的车撞到了一棵树,他们被困在车里。Their car ______________ a tree and
they _____________ in the car.3.我们在寒风中丢了伞,我差点摔倒。We ____________________________ and I ____________________.4.我正在教室了写作业,吴老师叫我们早点回家 。I _______________ my homework in the classroom and Mr. Wu _______________________.5.最后,我们上了一辆公共汽车去了米莉家。__________________, we ______________ a bus and ____________ Millie's home.阅读理解。(20分)  Trees are useful to men in three important ways: they give them with wood and other products, they give them shade, and they help to prevent drought (干旱) and floods (水灾).  Unfortunately, in many parts of the world, men have not known that the third of these left trees are the most important. In their eagerness (渴望) of making money from trees, some people have cut trees down in large numbers, only to find that without them they have lost the best friends they had. And besides, they are usually too careless to plant and look after new trees, so the forests slowly become smaller and smaller.  This does not only mean that men will have fewer trees. The results are even more serious: for where there are trees, their roots(根)break up soil-allowing the rain to sink in-and also bind(固定)the soil, thus preventing it from being washed away easily, but where there are no trees, the rain falls on hard ground and flows away, causing floods and carrying away the rich top-soil (地表土). When all the top-soil is gone, nothing remains(剩下)but desert.(
) 1. The most important service of trees to men is ________.    A. they help them to make money    B. they help them to prevent drought and floods    C. they give them shade and cool    D. they give them wood and other products(
) 2. In many places forests slowly disappear because ________.    A. many trees have been cut down    B. new trees are not well looked after    C. men have not paid enough attention to planting trees    D. All of the above(
) 3. Land becomes desert after all trees are cut down because ________.    A. roots of trees break up the soil
B. there is too much rain    C. of strong windsD. there are no more trees to keep the rich top-soil from being carried away by floods(
) 4. Some people cut down a large number of trees because ________.    A. they were eager to get wood from them    B. they were eager to make money from them    C. they didn't realize the importance of them  
D. Both B and C(
) 5. Which of the following is not true?    A. Trees can prevent drought and floods.    B. Tree roots can break up soil.    C. Tree roots can make the top-soil rich and the ground hard.    D. Trees can make the rain sink into ground.8Aunit 6 Checkout班级
姓名一、根据句意,写出所缺的单词1. Wait here for a ____________(片刻). I'll be back soon.2. My father and I had a _______________ (严肃的)talk last night.3. He pointed to the ___________ (方向) of the smoke and said. "There must
be a fire."4. The weather report says the ____________ (温度) will be over 32℃.二、用所给词组的适当形式填空(fall down,
be trapped,try one's best,
say to oneself,
wash away)1. The heavy rainstorm _____________ the bridge over the river last night.2. It _________________ yesterday, so the land is all white.3. Hundreds of workers _______________ under the building because of the earthquake.4. Don't ______________ the light. It is too dark.5. The thieves tried to run away, but __________________ we caught them.6. "I'm still alive. I must ask for help." Timmy ________________.7. Last year I was weak at Math. I'll __________________ to learn it well.8. Her eyes are red _________________ she cried just now.三、单项选择(
)1.There is some water on the table. Who will ______ with me ?A. mop up it
B. mop up them
C. mop it up
D. mop them up(
)2.When I went past, Anna _______ the piano.A. is playing
C. was playing
D. played(
)3.---Where were you in July last year?---This time last year my family and I _______ Beijing.A.was visiting
B. visited
C. had visited
D. were visiting(
)4.Sam was reading a newspaper _____ his brother fell onto the ground.A. when
B. whether
C. as soon as
D. while(
)5.You must drive slowly today. It's dangerous to drive too fast _____ a foggy day.A. in
)He shouted ________ help, but no one came ________ a long time.A. to, to
B. to, for
C. for, to
D. for, for(
)6.He didn't know _________.A.where was he
B. where he was
C.he was where
D.was he where(
)7.A boy ______ a tree and hurt his leg.A. felt from
B.fell over
C. felt over
D. fell from(
)8.The thunder was _______ and the wind blew ________.A.terrible, terrible
B.terrible, terriblyC. terribly, terrible
D. terribly, terribly阅读理解。  
A farmer was put in prison(监狱). One day, he got a letter from his wife."I am worried about out farm," she wrote. "It's time to plant potatoes, but I can't do all the digging(挖) by myself."The farmer thought over and then had an idea. He wrote to his wife,
"Don't dig the fields. This is where my gold(金子) is. Don't plant potatoes until I come home". A few days later, the farmer got aonther letter from his wife. It said, "Two days ago, about ten prison guards(监狱看守) came to our fields. It looked as if they were looking for something. They have dug our field." The farmer wrote to his wife at once. "Now you can plant our potatoes," he wrote.(
)1.The farmer was put in prison
________.  
A. because he had done something wrong  
B. because he had a lot of gold in the fields  
C. The writer didn't say anything about why the farmer was put in prison  
D. For nothing(
)2.The farmer's wife was much worried about
A. her husband
B. their farm
C. planting potatoes
D. herself(
)3.The farmer told his wife _____first.  
A. not to dig the fields
B. to dig the fields  
C. to ask the prison guards for help
D. to find the gold in the fields(
)4.Why did the prison guards dig the farmer's fields ?________.  
A. They wanted to help the farmer  
B. Their leader ordered them to do so  
C. The farmer asked them to do so  
D. They wanted to find out the gold(
)5.Why did the farmer ask his wife to plant potatoes at once ?  
Because _____.  
A. their fields had been dug  
B. the gold was found out  
C. the prison guards asked him to do so  
D. the prison guards were digging the fields

我要回帖

更多关于 牛津八年级daan 的文章

随机推荐