Then he asked her whether she needed help dressing room

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
人教英语选修7课件:Unit 2
RobotsPartⅠ
Warmingup,Pre-reading,Reading,Comprehending
Unit 2 Robots Part Ⅰ Warming up, Pre-reading, Reading, Comprehending课前预习识记 (学生用书P21)Ⅰ.识记单词1.f________ n. type of literature that describes imaginary people and events答案:fiction2.s________ n. the feeling of pleasure that you get when you achieve or obtain something you want答案:satisfaction3.b________ n. extra money that you are paid in addition to your usual salary答案:bonus4.a________ n. cloth that you tie over the front of your clothes to keep them clean答案:apron5.c________ n. someone who works in an office, keeping records,
writing letters, etc.答案:clerkⅡ.选词填空elegant, overweight, absurd, cushion, accompany, alarm, sympathy, awful, envy, scan1.He was struck with ____________ while he was asleep.答案:alarm2.I have been poor, so I have a lot of ____________ with other poor people.答案:sympathy3.His ____________ behavior impressed me most at the first sight.答案:elegant4.Going out in such downpour(暴雨)? It's ____________!答案:absurd5.He was ____________ so he went on a diet, and got his weight down quite a bit.答案:overweight6.Here is
a ____________, please sit on it.答案:cushion7.I feel ____________ tired after my long journey by train.答案:awful8.She asked me to ____________ her to the
church.答案:accompany9.He ____________ everything in his bag, but he couldn't find his key.答案:scanned10.Her many talents were the ____________ of all her friends.答案:envy重点词语解读 (学生用书P21)1.desire n.渴望;欲望;渴求 vt.希望得到;想要Everyone has a strong desire for knowledge.每人都有强烈的求知欲。Everyone has a strong desire to succeed.每个人都非常渴望成功。They greatly desired to come to China.他们非常想到中国来。She desires you to come at once.(=She desires that you should come at once.)她想让你马上过来。拓展:at sb.'s desire应某人要求have a desire for/to do sth.渴望(做)某事satisfy/meet one's desire满足某人的愿望desire to do sth.渴望做某事desire sb. to do sth.希望/要求某人做某事注意:desire作名词时后跟同位语从句,作动词时后跟宾语从句,从句中的谓语动词都用“should+do”形式,should可以省略。2.test out考验The long climb tested out our power of
endurance.长距离爬山考验了我们的耐力。The civil war tested out his love for his people.内战考验了他对人民的热爱。辨析:test与examine(1)test的含义是以某种手段来试一试某人或某物是否达到了一定的标准。I thought I failed the Intelligence Test.我想我的智力测验没及格。Listening to his continuous stream of empty chatter really tested my patience.听他那没完没了的连篇空话对我的耐心真是一大考验。After Mr. Wimpenny had the plane built, it was tested thoroughly.温佩尼先生请人把飞机制造好之后,对飞机进行了全面的试验。(2)examine的含义是通过观察、调检或测试来确定某人或某物的资格或者性能。Police intercepted the traffic on the roads to examine vehicles under suspicion.警察在路上截住交通,以搜查可疑的车辆。The teacher will examine the students in English.老师要考学生的英语了。3.alarmed adj.担心的;害怕的I am rather alarmed to hear that you are planning to leave the company.听说你打算离开公司,我很担心。The alarmed bird flapped its wings and flew away.受到惊吓的小鸟拍动双翼飞走了。be alarmed for放心不下,担心……be alarmed at被……吓一跳拓展:alarm n.警报;惊恐 vt.使警觉;使惊恐;惊动He was struck with alarm.他饱受惊慌。We're much alarmed by the fire in the forest.森林失火令我们大为恐慌。I don't want to alarm you, but there is a strange man in your garden.我并不想吓着你,但是在你的花园里有一个陌生人。4.sympathy n.同情、同感、赞同have/feel/give/show/express one's sympathy for sb.(表示)同情,慰问He felt sympathy for her sufferings.他对她的苦难感到同情。I've a lot she brought up the children on her own.我非常同情她,是她一人把孩子们抚养成人的。辨析:pity与sympathy(1)pity指“对弱者或不幸者的苦难、不幸、忧虑等所给予的同情”。He felt pity for a man suffering so much.他对那个受过那么多痛苦的人感到同情。(2)sympathy指“因对忧虑和不幸有所理解而给予同情”。Every man is thirsty for sympathy in sorrow.每个遇到不幸的人都渴望得到同情。5.favour(1)n.恩惠,帮忙;偏爱I owed him a favour so I couldn't say no to him.我欠他一个人情,所以我不能拒绝他。He obtained his position more by favour
than by ability.他因得宠而获得此地位,并不是靠能力。(2)vt.偏袒;赞同Both countries seem to favour the agreement.两个国家似乎都赞同这个协议。Many teachers favour boys, without even realizing it themselves.许多老师偏爱男生,甚至他们自己也没有意识到这一点。拓展:favourable adj.令人满意的;赞成的,同意的;肯定的favourably adv.赞成地,同意地do sb. a favour帮某人一个忙favourite adj.特别喜欢的;n.特别喜欢的人或物in favour of赞成,支持in sb.'s favour对某人有利6.pile(1)n.堆,摞,大量We've had piles of letters from viewers.我们收到很多观众的来信。She tidied up the books and put them in neat piles.她把书整理了一下,然后把它们整齐地摆好。He swept the pieces of glass into a pile.他把碎玻璃扫成一堆。(2)v.堆放,堆积在一起;塞满;蜂拥而入Gifts were piled under the Christmas tree.礼物被堆放在圣诞树下面。The room was piled high with boxes.屋子里堆满了箱子。7.scan vt.细看;仔细检查;(美)粗略地看;浏览;扫描They scanned the sea, looking for a boat.他们仔细巡视海面,寻找一艘船。He scanned the morning papers while eating breakfast.他在吃早饭时浏览早上的报纸。This machine must scan the material before coping it.这个机器在复印材料前要先进行扫描。8.absurd adj.荒谬的;不合理的;可笑的It's absurd not to wear a coat in such cold weather.这么冷的天气不穿外衣,真是荒唐。拓展:it's absurd to do sth.做……是荒谬的It's absurd to believe that the number 13 brings bad luck.认为数字13会带来厄运是荒诞不经的。it's absurd of sb. to do sth.某人做某事是荒唐的It was absurd of him to suggest such a thing.他竟提出这种事,真荒唐。辨析:absurd, foolish, silly与ridiculous四者均有“不合情理的”“荒唐的”“可笑的”“愚蠢的”之意。absurd强调“不符合人情或常识的”;foolish强调“缺乏智慧和判断力的”;silly强调“单纯的”“糊涂的”“低能的”;ridiculous强调“荒谬的”“令人发笑的”,常有“鄙视”之意。9.accompany(1)v.伴随,陪同Will you accompany me in drinking a glass of wine?你能陪我喝杯酒吗?(2)v.为……伴奏She accompanied the singer on the piano.她弹钢琴为那位歌手伴奏。拓展:accompany sth. by/with sth.与某事物同时存在或发生accompany sb. at/on sth.给某人伴奏accompany sb. to陪伴某人去……be accompanied by附有,伴随be accompanied with带着,带有,兼有10.ring up打电话给……I'll ring you up as soon as I get home.我一到家就给你打电话。拓展:打电话常用短语:ring sb. (up)=call sb.(up)phone sb.=telephone sb.give sb. a ring/a call/a telephone callring back回电话ring off挂断电话hold on别挂断Please hold on, I'll ask him to answer it.请不要挂机,我让他接电话。注意:ring up中名词作ring的宾语时,其位置可以在up前,也可位于其后;代词作ring的宾语时,只能位于up之前。ring Tom up=ring up Tomring me up≠ring up meRing up the airport and find out when the plane leaves.打电话给机场,查一下飞机何时起飞。11.turn around转向;回转The traffic is so heavy that there is no room for trucks to turn around.交通太拥挤了,卡车没法转向。When he saw me, he turned around and ran away.当他看到我后,转头跑了。拓展:turn back折回,往回走turn down拒绝turn over翻转12.affair n.事情,事务(pl.),事件、暧昧关系Big countries don't try to direct the affairs of other countries.大国不要企图对别国的事情指手画脚。拓展:foreign affairs外交事务have an affair with sb. 同某人有暧昧关系be one's affair是某人自己的事What I do in my time is my affair and nobody else's.我在自己的时间里干什么是我自己的事,与别人无关。辨析:affair, business, matter与thing(1)affair用复数指任何种类的事务,尤指重大或复杂的事务。They have
no right to meddle in other countries' internal affairs.他们无权干涉别国的内政。(2)business常用于口语,多指事务、业务、生意等。We do not have much business with that company.我们和那个公司没有多少生意往来。(3)matter也常用于口语中,多指需要考虑或处理的事情。This is the matter I am thinking about.这是我正在考虑的事。(4)thing最常用,泛指各种事情的情况。There are so many things I have to do.有这么多事我不得不做。13.declare v.宣布;宣告;声明;声称The government has declared a state of emergency.政府已宣布进入紧急状态。拓展:declare against...声明反对……declare for...声明支持……declare oneself发表意见;表明态度;显露身份declare that(从句)...声明……declare one's interest申报利益declare war on/against sb.向某人宣战辨析:declare, announce, proclaim, publish与broadcast(1)declare是正式宣布、当众宣布。通常指官方正式宣布、宣告的事情。(2)announce指公开地,正式地公布一个通知或一个权威性的决议等,尤其是首次发表或通知人们某件事情,其内容为已发生的或将要发生的,常是人们所期待了解的。(3)proclaim指在公共场合,尤指在口头上,由官方正式宣布某一经过深思熟虑的决定或判断以便使众人皆知。(4)publish指以书面形式,如以印刷品作媒介公布或披露某事。(5)broadcast指通过电台或电视台,在很大的范围内向四面八方正式宣布或颁布某事。14.envy(1)vt.忌妒,羡慕(后接名词或代词作宾语,也可接双宾语)I don't envy him his money problems.我庆幸自己没有他那些金钱的麻烦。(2)n.忌妒,羡慕;令人忌妒或羡慕的事物His new car excited their envy.他们很羡慕他的新汽车。拓展:envy sb. doing sth.羡慕某人做某事the envy of sb.令某人羡慕或忌妒的事物envy of sb.对某人的忌妒/羡慕envy at/of sth.对某事物的忌妒/羡慕feel envy at对……感到忌妒/羡慕out of envy出于忌妒/羡慕注意:envy用作名词,表示“忌妒,羡慕”时,相当于jealousy,但envy还可以用作动词,表示“忌妒,羡慕”,jealousy则不可以,jealous是形容词,意为“忌妒的”,feel jealous of对……忌妒的/羡慕的,相当于be envious of。15.leave...alone不管;别惹;让……一个人待着The child doesn't want to be left alone at home.这个孩子不想一个人被留在家里。Leave me alone=Let me alone.=Let me be.别管我。I've told you to leave my things alone.我已经告诉过你不要动我的东西。Leave the sleeping dog alone.[谚]莫惹睡狗。拓展:leave behind 遗留;超过;留下leave sth. aside
不考虑某事物,忽略leave off sth./doing sth.
停止某事/做某事leave sb./sth. out
不包括,不提及leave sth. over
推迟,使剩余;留下on leave
休假中Leaving the expense aside, do we actually need a second car?且不说费用多少,我们真的还需要一辆汽车吗?Start reading from where you left off last time.从上次停下来的地方接着读吧。He hadn't been asked to the party and was feeling very left out.他未被邀请参加聚会,感到颇受冷落。疑难句式分析(学生用书P24)1.Claire didn't want the robot in her house, especially as her husband would be absent for three weeks, but Larry persuaded her that the robot wouldn't harm her or allow her to be harmed.(P11)克莱尔不想让机器人待在她家,尤其是在她丈夫将要外出的3周里,但是拉里说服了她,告诉她机器人不会伤害她,也不会允许她被伤害。(1)第一句为but连接的并列句。在第一个分句中,as引导时间状语从句;在第二个分句中,that引导宾语从句,作persuade的宾语。(2)上面句子中的to be done是不定式的被动式,即“to be+过去分词”形式。当动词不定式的逻辑主语是动词不定式动作的承受者时,一般要用动词不定式的被动式,其动作与谓语动词的动作或同时发生,或在它之后发生。I have expected to__be__invited to the English evening party.=I have expected that they will invite me to the English evening party.我一直期望他们邀请我参加这次英语晚会。注意:不定式的被动式在句中可用作主语、表语、宾语、定语、状语和宾语补足语。①不定式的被动语态一般式通常表示将来的动作。The bridge is to be built next week.桥将在下星期建造。②不定式被动语态完成式表示的动作发生在谓语动作之前。The flowers seem to have been watered already.这些花儿似乎已经被浇过水了。2.On the second morning Tony, wearing an apron, brought her breakfast and then asked her whether she needed help dressing.(P11)第二天早晨,托尼系着围裙,给她端来了早餐,然后问她是否需要帮忙穿衣。(1)主句的主语是Tony, brought和asked是两个并列谓语动词。whether引导一个宾语从句。现在分词短语wearing an apron作状语。(2)dress在此句中表示“穿衣,打扮”;dress可作及物动词也可作不及物动词,还可表示“包扎”。The nurse will dress that cut for you.护士将为你包扎伤口。Get up and dress quickly.快点起床穿好衣服。注意:①dress作及物动词时,不接表示衣服的名词,而是接表示人的名词或代词;当表示自己穿衣服时,须接反身代词。Wake up children and dress them.叫醒孩子们,给他们穿上衣服。On Sunday evening she dressed herself with special care.星期日晚上,她特意地打扮了一番。②dress作“穿着”解时,常用于“be dressed in...”结构,该结构表示状态,in后面接表示颜色或衣服的名词,说明衣着情况。She was dressed in white like a nurse.她穿着白色衣服就像一名护士。He's not dressed in his uniform today.今天他没有穿制服。3.It was disturbing and frightening that he looked so human.(P11)他如此通人性是令人心烦和害怕的。It+be+adj.+that-clause中It为形式主语,真正主语是that从句,即that引导的主语从句。这是英语中的常见结构。It was clear that Claire had fallen in love with Tony.很显然,克莱尔已爱上托尼。It seems unlikely (that) she will refuse the offer.看上去她不太可能会拒绝给她的帮助。It's possible (that) some of the professors may not think much of it.有些教授可能会对它评价不高。It is certain that William will do well in his exam.威廉肯定会考得很好。4.Also she felt her home wasn't elegant enough for someone like Larry who wanted to improve his social position.(P11)她也感觉对于像拉里那种想提高自己社会地位的人而言,她的家是不够体面的。这是一个主从复合句,she felt是主句,在宾语从句her home wasn't elegant enough for someone like Larry who wanted in improve his social position中,enough是副词,放在它所修饰的形容词或副词后面,可与不定式短语连用;who引导的定语从句修饰Larry。5.She wasn't like Gladys Claffern, one of the richest and most powerful women around.(P11)她跟格拉迪斯·克拉芬不一样,格拉迪斯是远近闻名的有钱有势的女人。本句中one of the richest and most powerful women around是Gladys Claffern的同位语。同位语是用来对名词(或代词)作进一步解释的,它可以是单词、短语或从句。Mr. Smith, our new teacher, is very kind to us.我们的新老师史密斯先生对我们很好。He himself told me that his brother John is a world-famous doctor.他本人对我讲他的兄长约翰是一位世界闻名的医生。He always works hard even if he knows the fact that he is not in good health.他总是努力工作,尽管他知道他身体不好这个事实。注意:要注意同位语与本位语分隔的现象。The thought came to me that I would invite him to McDonald's.当时我产生一个念头,即我要请他吃麦当劳。(同位语从句that I would invite him to McDonald's与the thought被came to me分隔。翻译时,可增加“即”或用冒号、破折号)6.As a favour Tony promised to help Claire make herself smarter and her home more elegant.(P11)作为人情,托尼答应帮助克莱尔使她更漂亮一些,使她的家变得更高雅一点。(1)本句中使用了help sb. (to) do结构,help的常见搭配还有:help (sb.) with sth.帮助(某人)做某事help (to) do帮助做,有助于……can't help doing sth.禁不住做某事can't help but do不得不做help oneself. to sth.随意取用(食物)(2)make herself smarter是“make+宾语+宾补”结构,现将make的用法归纳如下:①make+宾语+形容词His gift makes her very happy.他的礼物让她很高兴。②make+宾语+名词He has made it a rule to get up early.他把早起当做一个习惯。③make+宾语+省略to的不定式(变被动时须加to)She made her children wash their hands.她让她的孩子们洗手。④make+宾语+过去分词His actions made him universally respected.他的行为赢得了所有人的尊敬。⑤make+宾语+介词短语Sit down and make yourself at home.请坐吧,就像在自己家一样。7.She looked at his fingers with wonder as they turned each page and suddenly reached for his hand.(P11)她惊奇地看着他的手指翻动着书页,忍不住突然伸出手来摸他的手。句中的and连接两个并列谓语动词looked at和 with wonder作状语修饰第一个谓语动词;as在句中引导时间状语从句。8.Claire thanked Tony, telling him that he was a “dear”.(P11)克莱尔向托尼表示感谢,并称他为“亲爱的”。句中的telling him that
he was a “dear”作状语,表伴随。v.-ing短语用作状语应注意以下情况:(1)v.-ing短语的逻辑主语必须与主句的主语保持一致。Being short, he is not good at basketball.他很矮,不擅长打篮球。(being short的逻辑主语是he,与主句的主语保持一致)(2)v.-ing短语动作与主句谓语的动作同时发生,用v.-ing形式;若先于主句谓语动作,则用having done形式。She sits at the table, writing a letter.她坐在桌子旁边写信。Having walked five hours, they took a rest.他们走了5小时的路之后,休息了一会儿。(3)v.-ing短语用作原因状语,相当于一个原因状语从句。(4)v.-ing短语用作时间状语,相当于一个时间状语从句。(5)v.-ing短语用作条件状语或让步状语时,相当于一个条件状语从句或让步状语从句。(6)v.-ing短语用作状语表示伴随的情况,相当于一个并列句。(7)当v.-ing短语的动作与谓语的紧接着发生或同时发生,为了加强语气,v-ing短语前加when或while。Don't talk while eating.吃饭的时候别说话。Take care when crossing the street.过马路要小心。9.As she turned around, there stood Gladys Claffern.(P11)她一转身,发现格拉迪斯·克拉芬站在那里。这是一个完全倒装句,其结构“状语+谓语+主语”这种完全倒装句可以使句子平衡,前后联系比较紧密,而且也给状语部分比较突出的地位。Outside the bank was a long queue of people to wait for the door to open.银行外面站着一长队人,等着开门。这种完全倒装可以用于下列四个方面:(1)当句首为there, here, now, then等副词且谓语动词为be, come, go等时,句子通常用全部倒装语序。Now comes your turn.现在轮到你了。(2)突出状语或表语以示强调。So strange was his manner that everyone stared at him.他的行为如此怪异,以至于每个人都盯着他看。(3)使句子整体平衡。有短语或从句修饰的主语太长,谓语部分太短,如不使用倒装,会给人一种头重脚轻的感觉;而使主谓发生完全倒装,才能使句子整体平衡。Great was the delight of the students.学生们欢天喜地。(4)使本句和前面的句子联系得紧密。I reached a big tree soon, and under the big tree lay an old man.我很快就到了一棵大树下,而那棵大树下躺着一位老人家。10.She fell off a ladder and even though Tony was in the next room, he managed to catch her in time.(P11)她从梯子上摔下来,虽然托尼在隔壁房间里,他还是设法及时地接住了她。这是一个由and连接的并列句,第一个并列分句是She fell off a ladder;第二个并列分句he managed to catch her in time,让步状语从句even though Tony was in the next room。11.The guests would be arriving soon and Claire told Tony to go into another room.(P11)客人马上就要到了,克莱尔叫托尼到另一间房里去。would be arriving是过去将来进行时。(1)将来进行时的结构为:shall/will+be+v-ing;否定形式为:shall/will (not)+be+v-ing;疑问形式为:Shall/Will+主+be+v-ing(2)将来进行时主要有以下两个用法:①将来某时候正在进行的动作。What will you be doing this time tomorrow?明天这个时候你将做什么?②计划、安排即将发生或势必发生的动作。在这里,将来进行时与一般将来时很接近,但是前者强调动作“按计划、安排要发生;间或也表示委婉的请求”,而后者只表示“动作会在将来的时间里发生”。We shall be meeting at the school gate.我们在校门口见面。Will you be attending the party?你明天参加那个聚会吗?(语气较委婉)If you don't do so, you will be facing great difficulties.你如果不那样做就会面临很大的困难。12.She cried out “Tony” and then heard him declare that he didn't want to leave her the next day and that he felt more than just the desire to please her.(P11)她大叫一声“托尼”,然后听到托尼一本正经地说,第二天他不想离开她,而且他并不仅仅满足于使她开心。(1)主句的主语是she,其后有两个并列谓语,cried out和heard。declare...是省去了to的不定式形式,作宾语补足语。declare后面有两个宾语从句。(2)句中more than意为“不仅仅”。其用法归纳如下:①表示“多余,超过”相当于over。More than 100 people attended the meeting.100多人参加了这个会议。②more A than B“与其说B不如说A”,突出强调前者。He is more a scholar than a teacher.与其说他是个教师,不如说他是个学者。③more...than“比……更”,常和两个音节以上的形容词或副词构成比较级。The work is progressing more rapidly than it was expected.工作的进展比预料的更快。④no more...than...意为“……和……一样不(两者都否定)”。Jack is no more diligent than John.杰克和约翰一样不勤奋。13.It was then that Cliare realized that Tony had opened the curtains on the front window.(P12)就在那时克莱尔意识到托尼已经把前面窗子的窗帘拉开了。这是一个强调句型,其句型结构为“It is/was+被强调部分+that/who...”。它可以用来强调句中的主语、宾语、状语等。It is the protection for the trees that really matters, rather than how many trees are planted.关键是/重要的是对树的保护,而不是种了多少棵树。(强调主语)It was TV plays that I was really interested in.我真正感兴趣的是电视剧。(强调宾语)It was not until he told me the news that I knew it.直到他告诉我,我才知道这个消息。(强调时间状语)It was because of bad weather that the football match must be put off.是因为坏的天气,足球赛必须被推迟。(强调的是原因状语)—Where was it that you picked up the wallet?你是在哪里拣的钱包?—Just near the school
gate.就是在学校门口。(强调地点状语)注意:强调句型中,除谓语动词外,其余部分均可被强调。强调句中的it不能更换;It is/was与“其他部分”时态一致。is/was的数不受被强调部分单复数的影响;被强调部分是人可用that或who,其他情况一律用that;强调主语时who或that之后的谓语动词在人称和数上与该主语保持一致。14.Just before they left, Claire heard Gladys whispering to another woman that she had never seen anyone so handsome as Tony.(P12)就在她们离去之前,克莱尔听到格拉迪斯跟另外一个女人轻声地说,她从来没有见过像托尼这样英俊的男人。before引导一个时间状语从句。主句是Claire heard...,现在分词短语whispering...作宾补,that引导宾语从句。15.But even though Tony had been so clever, he would have
to be rebuilt—you cannot have women falling in love with machines.(P12)尽管托尼很聪明,但还得对他一番改造——总不能让女人与机器相爱吧。(1)主句是he would have to be rebuilt, even though引导让步状语从句。破折号在此起补充说明的作用。(2)have sb. doing sth.表示“让某人做某事”。have是使役动词,意为“让,使”。现在分词作宾补,与宾语形成逻辑上的主谓关系。The two men had their lights burning all night long.那两个人让灯通宵亮着。They tried to have her talking. But no use.他们想让她说话。但没用。拓展:(1)have sth. done意为“请人做某事”或“遭遇某种(不幸的)事情”。I had my watch repaired in the street yesterday.我昨天在街上修了我的手表。(2)can't/won't+have sth. done,且主语为第一人称时,意为“不容许,不许可”。I won't have my house turned into hotel.我决不允许把我的房子变成旅馆。(3)have sb. do sth.意为“让某人做某事”。My mother had me post the letter at once.我妈妈要我立即将信寄出去。注意:have作“有”讲时其宾语后可接带to的不定式作定语。I have a composition to write, so I can't go swimming.我有一篇作文要写,因此我不能去游泳。课后双基训练(学生用书P27)Ⅰ.单词拼写1.The premier is busy dealing with important __________(事务) of state.答案:affairs2.Before answering the questions, you'd better ________(浏览) all of them.答案:scan3.To everyone's s____________ , the girl finished the job well.答案:satisfaction4.We were much a____________ by a fire in the neighbourhood last night.答案:alarmed5.The musician is a____________(伴奏) the singer on the guitar.答案:accompanying6.It seems quite ____________(荒唐的) to expect anyone to drive for 3 hours just for a 20-minute meeting.答案:absurd7.Her t____________ for music are well-known in our school.答案:talents8.Would you please do me a f____________ to push the car to start?答案:favour9.She d____________(宣布)
that she would not take in drugs any longer.答案:declared10.Children enjoy reading science f____________.答案:fictionⅡ.完成句子1.___________________(别惹那条狗). It's dangerous.答案:Leave the dog alone2.At the sound of his mother, the little boy ____________(转身) and ran to her.答案:turned around3._____________(给她打电话) and tell her to hurry up.答案:Ring her up4.The machine will _______________(被检验) by experts.答案:be tested out5.I ____________________(希望你能服从命令).答案:desire you to obey ordersⅢ.单项填空1.The old woman ________ her sons and daughters ________ and see her from time to time.A. to come    B. to comeC. coming
D. to come答案与解析:D desire后可跟复合宾语,其补足语用不定式短语。suggest可构成suggest(one's ) doing, suggest that...或It is suggested that...,不可构成suggest sb. to do, hope只有hope to do sth.。2.I like my clothes to be simple but ________, but my deskmate likes to be dressed strangely.A.strange
B.beautifullyC.wonder
D.elegant答案与解析:D 本题考查形容词的用法。句意:我喜欢朴素但漂亮雅致的衣服,但是,我的同桌喜欢奇装异服。此处用形容词elegant与simple并列。在意义上,strange和simple矛盾。B项是副词,C项是动词。排除A、B和C三项。3.It was ________ his mother came in ________ to prepare his lessons.A. did the boy beginB. that the boy didn't beginC. did the boy not beginD. that the boy began答案与解析:D 考查强调结构的用法。句意:直到妈妈进来了他才开始准备功课。强调until引导的时间状语从句时,要把not放在until前一起强调。句子还原为:The boy didn't begin to prepare his lessons until his mother came in.。如果不在强调结构中,not until位于句首时,主句要倒装,如Not until his mother came in did the boy begin to prepare his lessons.。4.He told me to ________, for he wanted to stay for a while all by himself.A.leave him behind
B.leave him outC.forget about
D.leave him alone答案与解析:D leave alone“不管,让……呆在一边”;leave behind“遗漏,遗忘”;leave out“省去,删去”。5.The problem was settled to the complete ________ of them, so they didn't complain.A.amazement
B.satisfactionC.disappointment
D.attraction答案与解析:B 由they didn't complain知选B项。to one's satisfaction/to the satisfaction of sb.意为“令某人满意的是”。amazement“惊奇;吃惊”;disappointment“失望;沮丧”;attraction“吸引力”。6.Would you like to ________ me to the station? I am afraid of being alone in the darkness.A.attract
B.adaptC.admit
D.accompany答案与解析:D 考查词义辨析。attract意为“吸引”,常用于attract sb. to sth.“吸引某人对……感兴趣”;adapt意为“使……适应”,常用于adapt sb. to“使某人适应……”;admit意为“接纳,接受”,admit sb. into...意思是“允许某人进入……”;accompany意为“伴随,陪同”,accompany sb. to sp.意思是“陪某人去某地”,符合题意“你愿陪我去趟车站吗?我害怕晚上一个人去”,故选D项。7.Being extremely angry, the boy ________ and went out, saying nothing.A.tunred up
B.turned inC.turned off
D.turned around答案与解析:D 句意:由于非常生气,那个男孩什么也没说就转身出去了。turn around“转向;回转”,在这里是“转身”的意思。turn up“出现;露面”;turn in“交还”;turn off“关掉”,都不符合题意。8.After ________ the quality of this new machine, we are ready to go into production.A.carrying out
B.making outC.squeezing out
D.testing out答案与解析:D 句意:检验完新机器的质量我们也就准备好开始生产了。test out“检验;考察”。carry out“开展;实施”;make out“理解;辨别”;squeeze out“挤出”。9.We ________ you to complete the work within one month of the start date.A.suggest
B.desireC.hope
D.insist答案与解析:B 句意:我们想要你开始后一个月内完成工作。desire sb. to do sth.意为“希望某人做某事”。其他三项不能用于该结构。10.Tom said I had told our secret to the teacher. How ridiculous! Did he hear me ________ that?A.do
B.to doC.done
D.did答案与解析:A 考查hear后接宾补的用法。hear sb. do sth.意思是“听见某人做某事”。hear后不可接不定式、过去分词或过去式做宾补。句意:汤姆说我告诉了老师我们的秘密,多么荒谬可笑!他听见我那样做了吗?11.It seems quite ________ to expect a student to master 2,000 words within only 2 days.A.available
B.awfulC.absurd
D.accessible答案与解析:C 根据句中“to master 2,000 words within 2 days”可知这是不可能的,故选C项。absurd“荒谬的,可笑的”。12.I don't ________ them their journey in this bad weather.A.conduct
B.desireC.predict
D.envy答案与解析:D 句意:我不羡慕他们在这么糟的天气里去旅游。envy“忌妒;羡慕”,conduct“带领;实施”;desire“想要”;predict“预言”皆不合题意。13.Could you please ring me ________ as soon as he comes?A.up
B.backC.off
D.out答案与解析:A 句意:他一来你就给我打电话好吗?ring up“打电话给”。ring back“回电话”;ring off“挂断电话”;ring out“(噪音、铃声等)响亮而清晰地响起”。14.—Look! What a dirty river!—I think we should do something to prevent it________.A.polluted
B.being pollutedC.polluting
D.to be polluted答案与解析:B 考查动词短语搭配。prevent sb. (from) doing意为“阻止某人做某事”,还要注意动名词的主动和被动形式。答语意为“我想我们应该做点事情来防止河水被污染”。15.Today is ________ hot. I will stay at home and not go out playing basketball.A.much
B.terribleC.awfully
D.fearful答案与解析:C awfully是副词,可修饰形容词。much不修饰形容词原级;B、D两项是形容词,不能用来修饰形容词。Ⅳ.完形填空The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read beneath an old willow tree. Not __1__ with life, I was down. A young boy out of breath
me, all tired from play. He stood right before me with his head tilted, __3__ with great excitement, “Look what I found!”In his hand was a flower, and what a __4__ sight, with its petals all worn—not enough rain, or too little light.
__5__ him to take his dead flower and go off to play, I __6__ a small smile and then it __7__ away. But instead of __8__,
he sat next to my side and placed the flower to his nose and declared with
__9__, “It sure smells pretty and it's beautiful, too. That's why I __10__ it here. It's for you.”The weed before me was dying or dead. But I knew I __11__
take it, or he might never leave. So I reached for the flower, and
__12__ , “Just what I need.” But instead of placing the flower in my hand, he __13__
it mid-air without reason. It was then that I __14__
for the very first time the boy was __15__.I heard my voice tremble __16__ I thanked him for picking the very best one. He smiled, and then ran off to play,
__17__ of the effect he'd had on my day. I held the wilted(枯萎的) flower up to my nose and breathed in the
of a beautiful rose and smiled. __19__
the eyes of a blind child, __20__
I could see the problem wa the problem was me.1.A.contented
B.inspiredC. excited
D.disappointed答案与解析:A 根据“I was down”(心情不快、情绪低落)可知在,作者是由于对现状不满而心情不快,be contented with意思是“对……满意”。2.A.inspected
B.overlookedC.approached
D.recognized答案与解析:C approach意思是“靠近”。当“我”坐在柳树下看书时,一个孩子走了过来。3.A.telling
B.sayingC.admitting
D.lying答案与解析:B saying with great excitement表示“孩子激动地说”。4.A.unique
B.roughC.severe
D.pitiful答案与解析:D pitiful“可怜的”。根据该空后面的“with its petals all worn—not enough rain, or too little light”可知,这个孩子手里的那朵花由于缺少雨水或缺少阳光,花瓣都枯萎了。所以,作者觉得他看到的是可怜的景象。5.A.Wanting
B.DemandingC.Preferring
D.Teasing答案与解析:A 结合文章内容可知,这时由于作者心情不好,所以想要孩子拿着他的那朵花走开。6.A.presented
B.adjustedC.forced
D.delivered答案与解析:C 这里用force意思是说,作者对孩子“挤出”一丝微笑。7.A.passed
B.fadedC.fled
D.flew答案与解析:B 这句话中的it是指smile,他挤出一丝微笑之后,立刻又不笑了。fade意思是“消退,消失”。8.A.declining
B.betrayingC.panicking
D.quitting答案与解析:D quitting“离开,退出”。根据句意可知,这里是说孩子并没有离开,而是继续留在作者身边。9.A.surprise
B.embarrassmentC.sympathy
D.sorrow答案与解析:A 孩子专门摘了一朵他认为很香很美的花来送给作者,作者却好像不喜欢那花,因而孩子感到惊讶,所以选A项。10.A.took
B.pulledC.attained
D.picked答案与解析:D pick与flower搭配,表示“摘(花)”。11.A.should
B.canC.may
D.must答案与解析:D “我”必须接受他的花,否则他是不会离开的,所以选must。12.A.announced
B.repliedC.declared
D.whispered答案与解析:B 这里选replied是指作者回应上文中孩子所说的话。13.A.grasped
B.heldC.caught
D.seized答案与解析:B 孩子没有将花给“我”,而是将它“举”在半空中。其他几项都有“抓”的意思,都不符合题意。14.A.observed
B.noticedC.figured
D.determined答案与解析:B 结合上下文可知,当孩子将花托在半空中的时候,“我”才注意到,他是个盲人。notice“偶然注意到”,符合题意。15.A.dull
B.deafC.blind
D.crazy答案与解析:C 从下文可知,尤其是根据最后一段最后一句话“... the eyes of a blind child...”可知,这个孩子是一个盲人。16.A.once
B.afterC.as
D.since答案与解析:C 当“我”感谢孩子,告诉他他给“我”摘了最美的花的时候,“我”听到自己的声音在颤抖。as表示“当……的时候”。17.A.unaware
B.unbelievableC.regretful
D.regardless答案与解析:A (be) aware of意思是“意识到”。孩子对“我”微笑后,便跑开了,完全没有意识到他所做的事情对“我”产生的影响。18.A.smell
B.affectionC.fragrance
D.award答案与解析:C smell“气味”;affection“影响”;fragrance“香味,芳香”;award“奖品,报酬”。显然C项fragrance符合题意,即“我”闻着玫瑰花的香味。19.A.In
B.FromC.Before
D.Through答案与解析:D 通过一个双目失明的孩子的眼睛,“我”最终认识到问题不在这个世界,而是在于“我”自己,所以选D项。20.A.eventually
B.personallyC.fortunately
D.shortly答案与解析:A 作者最终意识到问题出在自己身上。eventually是“最终地”的意思。Ⅴ.阅读理解ANot long ago, the only time you'd see a robot is when you were reading a novel or watching a movie such as Star Wars. Today, however, science stories are fast becoming facts. Robots are starting to make this present in our everyday lives.These robots come in all sizes, shapes, and colors. They all have the same type of man-made “brain”. Leading the robot revolution are industrial robots that work in factories. Industrial robots perform different kinds of jobs that are often boring and sometimes dangerous. Robots are also coming to American homes, though not as quickly as they are entering factories. These robots are not as friendly and bright as those you saw in Star Wars.But, their makers say, today's home robots walk, sense objects in their way (and sometimes knock into them), and even carry objects (which they sometimes drop). Well, nobody's perfect.We may laugh at home robots today, but some day they may see and hear better than humans do. We humans can only see certain wavelengths of light, and hear certain sounds.That's because the abilities of our eyes are limited. Robots, however, need not have the same limits as we have. Robots may also be equipped with devices that pick up information human can't. To understand what their sensing devices pick up is a hard job. Remember, man-made brains handle information, including all kinds of data, as zeroes and ones. Imagine the difficulty in trying to explain to a robot what a football looks like “using only zeros and ones”.1. From the passage,
we can see that factory robots ________.A. help to improve other types of robotsB. are most active in industrial revolutionC. are playing a more important role than other types of robotsD. are the tallest type among robots答案与解析:C 细节理解题。根据文章的第二段的第三句话“Leading the robot revolution are industrial robots that work in factories.”得出。2.Robots may deal with information that humans can't.Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons?A.They don't have so many limits as human do.B. They have man-made brains.C. They may be equipped with a special kind of sensing device.D. They handle information by using zeros and ones.答案与解析:D 推理判断题。根据第四段的第二句话Robots, however, need not have the same limits as we have.知选项A是正确的;根据第四段的第五句话Remember, man-made brains handle information...知选项B是正确的;根据第四段的第四句话To understand what their sensing devices pick up is a hard job.知选项C是正确的;根据第四段的最后一句话“Imagine the difficulty in trying to explain to a robot what a football looks like using ‘only zeros and ones’.”知选项D是错误的。3.According to the passage, present home robots are ________.A. better than humans in seeing and hearingB. are as capable as those in Star WarsC. can pick up objects more quickly than humansD. sometimes perform wrong actions答案与解析:D 推理判断题。根据第二段的最后两句话中and sometimes knock into them, which they sometimes drop以及nobody's perfect.可知机器人有时也会做出一些错误的动作来。BThe days of elderly women doing nothing but cooking huge meals on holidays are gone. Enter the Red Hat Society—a group holding the belief that old ladies should have fun.“My grandmothers didn't do anything but keep house and serve everybody. They were programmed to do that.” said Emily Cornette, head of a chapter of the 7-year-old Red Hat Society.While men have long spent their time fishing and playing golf, women have sometimes seemed to become unnoticed as they age. But the generation now turning 50 is the baby boomers (生育高峰期出生的人), and the same people who refused their parents' way of being young are now trying a new way of growing old.If you take into consideration feminism (女权主义), a bit of spare money, and better health for most elderly, the Red Hat Society looks almost inevitable. In this society, women over 50 wear red hats and purple clothes, while the women under 50 wear pink hats and light purple clothing.“The organization took the idea from a poem by Jenny Joseph that begins:‘When I am an old woman,I shall wear purple or with a red hat which doesn't go, ’”said Ellen Cooper, who founded the Red Hat Society. When the ladies started to wear the red hats, they attracted lots of attention.“The point of this is that we need a rest from always doing something for someone else,” Cooper said. “Women feel so ashamed and sorry when they do something for themselves.” This is why chapters are discouraged from raising money or doing anything useful. “We're a ladies' play group. It couldn't be more simple.” added Cooper's assistant Joe Heywood.4.The underlined word “chapter” in Paragraph 2 means ________.A. one branch of an organizationB. a written agreement of a clubC. one part of a collection of poemsD. a period in a society's history答案与解析:A 词义猜测题。根据上下文,chapter在文中的意思是“(俱乐部、协会等的)分支,分会”。从后文的“Red Hat Society”可作出推测。5. From the text, we know that the “baby boomers”
are a group of people who ________.A. have gradually become more noticeableB. are worried about getting old too quicklyC. are enjoying a good life with plenty of money
to spendD. tried living a different life from their parents
when they were young答案与解析:D 细节理解题。从第三段“...the same people who refused their parents' way of being young are now trying a new way of growing old.”可以看出,她们不愿像她们的前辈那样度过晚年,而且现在正在用一种新的方式步入老年。6.It could be inferred from the text that members of
the Red Hat Society are ________.A. interested in raising money for social workB. programmers who can plan well for their futureC. believers in equality between men and womenD. good at cooking big meals and
of others答案与解析:C 推理判断题。从第四段“If you take into consideration feminism,...”可以看出,the Red Hat Society的成员都是女权主义者。7. Women
because ________.A. they want to stay youngB. they would like to appear more attractiveC. they would like to have fun and live for themselvesD. they want to be more like their parents答案与解析:C 推理判断题。从最后一段第一句话及“We're a
ladies' play group.”可以看出。

我要回帖

更多关于 dressing 的文章

随机推荐