ou feel that people do not know , again long again meaningless...翻译成again的汉语意思是什么?

当前位置: >>>
不可译性及其补偿方法
【Abstract】This paper discusses the problem of untranslatability between Chinese and English, including linguistic and cultural untranslatability. English belongs to the Indo-European language family, and Chinese belongs to the Sino-Tibetan languag
阅读技巧:Ctrl+D 收藏本篇文章
【Abstract】This paper discusses the problem of untranslatability between Chinese and English, including linguistic and cultural untranslatability. English belongs to the Indo-European language family, and Chinese belongs to the Sino-Tibetan language family.
phonemic system, character structure and figure of speech are all completely different, and most of these in one language do not have equivalent in the other language. This causes linguistic untranslatability. Different country and region have different cultural background, such as history, religion and society, and so on, these are not exist in other country and region. So it is difficult to translate. But untranslatability is not absolutely, we should understand the co-existence of translatability and untranslatability. Base on the understanding, we can use some method to compensate in order to less the barrier in translation and promotes language and culture communication.【Key words】 linguist cultur method of compensation 代写论文
【摘 要】本文讨论汉英翻译中的不可译性 问题 ,包括语言不可译性和不可译性。
属于印欧语系,而汉语属于汉藏语系,其语音系统,文字结构和修辞 方法 都完全不同,这些绝大多数都无法在另一语言中找到对等语,这便造成了语言的不可译性。不同的国家和地区有着不同的 历史 、宗教、 社会 等文化背景,这些在别的国家和地区都是不存在的,所以给翻译造成了困难。但不可乙性并非绝对的,我们必须在理解可译性与不可译性是共同存在的,在此理解的基础上,我们可以采用补偿方法,目的在于对不可译性进行一定程度的补偿,尽量减少翻译障碍,促进语言与文化交流。【关键词】不可译性;语言不可译性;文化不可译性;补偿方法 毕业论文网
1. IntroductionUntranslatability is a property of a text, or of any utterance in one language, for
no equivalent text or utterance can be found in another language.“J.C.Catford, a celebrated translation scholar of linguistics school, raised the issue of untranslatability in 1965.He argues that the linguistic untranslatability is due to the differences in the source language and the target language, whereas culture untranslatability is due to the absence in the target language of relevant situational features.”[1]“Nida presents a rich source of information about the problem of lose in translation, in particular about the difficulties encountered by the translator
facing with terms or concepts in the source language that do not exit in the target language.”[2]“Peter Newmark has once briefly talked about the deviation in translation.” [3]In China today, many translation experts and scholars have also discussed the problem to some extent in thEir papers.The problem of untranslatability is always a disputed issue. Nowadays, it is well accepted that translation is a possible and feasible task.
However , there are still some language points that are difficult to translate, which is called the phenomenon of untranslatability. 代写论文
Linguistic and cultural differences, the two categories of untranslatability phenomenon are caused by different factors. These resulting from the linguistic differences will hardly change while those resulting from cultural differences may become translatable in the future by using the methods of compensation and the skill of translators. 作文 /zuowen/
2. Linguistic untranslatabilityProfessor Liu Miqing wrote in his Modern Translation Theories that “The structure of language commonly shows the characteristics of the language, these characteristics only can be found in relative language, the similar transfer is difficult to find in non-relative language, for it need to change the code completely.” [4]P107 View from the etymology, English belongs to the Indo-European language, but Chinese belongs to the Sino-Tibetan language, so there exit the linguistic untranslatability, which includes the following aspects: phonology, character, figure of speech, and so on.2.1. Untranslatability in phonologyAny language has its own special phonemic system, which cannot be replaced by other language. There are large differences between Chinese and English, and most of the pronunciations in one language do not have equivalent in the other language. Therefore, they can not be translated into the target language. For example:(1)“石诗士施氏,嗜狮,誓食十狮……”
毕业论文网
The author wrote the whole passage in homophone words. This is a typical example of untranslatability caused by phonemic system. See another example:(2)“Cat, cat, cat, catch the fat rat fast.”If translate it into: “猫,猫,猫,快抓住那只肥老鼠” that will lose the phonemic effect, and it only translates the meaning.2.2. Untranslatability in character structure Chinese words consist of characters that have thEIr meaning, but English words consist of alphabets that are meaningless. They are completely different in writing. Chinese has a writing skill of describing characters, for example: (3)“人曾为僧,人弗可以成佛,女卑为婢,女又何妨成奴”,“鸿是江边鸟,蚕是天下虫”,“琴瑟琵琶八大王,王王在上,魑魅魍魉四小鬼,鬼鬼靠边”。 They are all using the special feature of Chinese characters, to describe the character structure in poetry, also having their meaning. But English has no such structures in alphabetical system, so they are absolutely untranslatable. Some riddles that are relative to the structure of characters or English words are also untranslatable, for example: (4)“田头长草” (苗), “What makes a road broad?”(The letter B). If the latter riddle is translated into:“什么使道路变宽?” (字母B)Everybody will fell ridiculous, and no one can understand that. 毕业论文
2.3. Untranslatability in figure of speechMost of the languages have their own figures of speech. Just because of the existence of figure of speech, the languages become vivid and interesting. In translation practice, if the target language can not show the figure of speech in source language correctly, it is not faithful to the content, thought and style of the source language. Although the meanings are similar, it will less the language influence of the source text. The people who speak Chinese and the people who speak English have large differences in the way of thinking and aesthetic, so when they express the same concept, they often use different figure of speech. These caused the untranslatability in Chinese- English translation. It has the following main aspects:2.3.1. PunsPun means humorous use of a word that has two meanings or of different words that sound the same. Puns pack several meanings into one word, and it is extremely unlikely that any other language will pack into the same set of meanings, so it is difficult to translate into the target language. Example one: 代写论文
(5)“杨柳青青江水平,闻郎江上唱歌声,东边日出西边雨,道是无晴却有晴”Here“晴”is a pun, and it also means “情”,Zhang Qichun translate it into “The willows are green, green, the river is serene. Thence is his song rafted to me. In the east the sun is rising, in the west the rain is falling. Can you see if it’s fair or foul?” In this translation, the translator did very well, especially in “green, serene, fair or foul”, but he can not translate the pun completely.Example two:(6)“She is too low for a high praise, too brown to a fair praise, and too little for a great praise.” The “low” and “fair” are all puns in this sentence. “Low” means short in height and low social status. “Fair” means pale skin, light in color and justice. There is no word or phrase in Chinese having the two meanings together, so the translator can not translate the two meanings into Chinese, only adapted one meaning, and will lose the other meaning.2.3.2. Palindrome“The figure of speech of palindrome means a word, verse or sentence that read the same when the characters or letters composing it are taken the reverse order.”[5]P174There are many palindrome words in English, such as “Anna, dad, bob.” English palindrome is based on letters, the letters have no meaning, and it reads the same when the order is reversed. For example: 毕业论文网
(7)“Was it a cat I saw?”(8)“Able was I ere I saw Elba!”(9)“Madam, I’m Adam”If they are translated into “我看到的是猫吗?”,“在我看到俄尔巴岛之前还没有倒!”,“夫人,我是亚当。”,the effect are all lost without any palindrome, so it is almost untranslatable.The palindrome in Chinese is untranslatable as well, for example:(10)“客上天然居,居然天上客。”(11)“雾锁江心江锁雾,天连海角海连天。”2.3.3. AlliterationAlliteration is using the same letter or sound at the beginning of the two or more words in succession. It is a common figure of speech in English, especially in proverb, advertisement, novel and so on., and most of the alliteration are untranslatable.[6]P33 For example:(12)To many parents, the three Gs, gays, guys, and gangs have replaced the three Rs as benchmark of school life. 对于许多父母来说,同性恋,枪支,帮派这三个词已经代替了读,写,算作为学校的基本尺度。In this translation, the three Gs, gays, guys, gangs are alliteration, which emphasize the serious problems of the gays, guys and gangs, but after translating them into Chinese, we can not see this effect. 论文代写
2.3.4. Malapropism“Malapropism comes from Richard Sheridam’s comedy The Rivals, a honored lady name Malaprop, who often speaks wrong words or pronunciation. Malapropism is a figure of speech using wrong words with similar pronunciation tension or intension to reach the humors effect.” [7]P75 Malapropism brings difficulties in translation. For example:(13)“我推开澳门,看到地上铺的是巴基斯坦,桌上摆的是刚果……”This is a sentence from cross talk, Chinese people know the humors naturally, but if it is translated it into: “Pushing open the ‘Macau’, I saw ‘Pakistan’ paved on the floor and ‘Congo’ on the table. English readers can not accept that, for ‘Macau’ is not a door, ‘Pakistan’ is not a blanket, and ‘Congo’ is not fruit either. Most of the younger generation in China have heard this humorous sentence:“我手持郑伊健,脚踏温兆轮,翻过赵本山,穿过关芝林,跨过潘长江,来到周星池……”It is untranslatable too. 代写论文
3. Cultural untranslatability“According to J.C. Catford, instance of untranslatability can arise from two sources: one is linguistic, and the other is culture.” [8]P25Nida also mentions that words have meaning only in terms of the total cultural setting.And what is culture, Edward Tylor gave the definition the earliest in his the Primitive Culture: “Culture or civilization taken in its wide anthro-graphic sense is that complete whole which include knowledge, beliefs, art, morals, law, custom and other capabilities and habits acquired by a men as a member of society.”[9]P478Peter Newmark wrote in his A Textbook of Translation: “I define the culture as the way of life and his manifestation that are peculiar to a community that uses a peculiar language as its means of expression.” [10]P94Translation is a very important medium for cultural exchange between people using different languages. It is one of the most important tasks from translators and translation researchers viewing problems of translation from the angle of cultural exchange in order to increase the degree of cultural exchange achieved by translation as much as possible. 作文 /zuowen/ It is known to all that language is an important aspect of culture. Culture includes and affects language, it is the ground from which language grows and develops. All languages are products of the culture of the country and the nation. They all have long historical background and various cultural connotations. The history, social system, natural environment, religion and customs are all shown vividly in their culturally- loaded words, proverbs, idioms, and so on. In traditional practice, there are often no such words in target language, and the translators have to find the similar codes or make some new codes to replace, so when these culturally loaded words are translated into another language, the cultural connotations are lost. Nida once pointed out that: “For the success translation, being familiar with two cultures is even more important than mastering two languages, because the language has its meaning only in the cultural background.” [11]P92Chinese culture belongs to eastern culture, and English culture is European and American culture, which belongs to the western culture. There are essential difference between eastern culture and western culture, so the untranslatability is understandable. 论文网
3.1. Untranslatability resulted from culture gap 3.1.1. Material cultureDifferent nations live in different places, and will have different images for the same thing. We often hear some Chinese say: “走,喝酒去!”The word “酒”is difficult to translate. It includes liquor, spirit, alcohol, drink, beer, wine, and so on. These words are all “酒”,but the liquor and spirit means low quality, and the drinks include hard drinks and soft drinks, while the wine is often referred to the grape or fruit wine.In English, the daffodil is the symbol of spring and happiness, but in Chinese, it is only a kind of flower called “黄水仙”。In Chinese people’s mind, the plum, orchid, chrysanthemum and bamboo are all the symbol of high spirit. But English people do not think so. 毕业论文网
毕业论文搜集整理:&&
更多相关论文
------分隔线----------------------------
最佳关联视阈下的电影字幕翻译 电影在我们国家文化中起着至关毕业论文网http://www.lw54...
文化脚本理论视角下的影视字幕翻译 字幕翻译与小说、诗歌翻译等翻译都是文学作品的一...
关于人名地名音译的研究综述 一、何谓音译 根据符号学理毕业论文网...
从不折腾的音译看中国文化成分的音译化趋势 在纪念中国改革开放三十周年大会上,胡锦涛...
浅谈音译与文化的关系 音译的历史源远流长,在早期的佛经毕业论文网...
文化意象不可译性的音译消解:音译的回流 科学技术的突飞猛进,科教文娱各方面日益频繁...From Wikiquote
developed by
in 2001. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment America for the .
[opening lines] Listen to my story. This...may be our last chance.
"No promises there, big guy. Hey, but what if she, like, comes on to me?"
"Uh...what's a "sending"? Are we going somewhere?"
"Every blitzer knows: when you got the ball, you gotta score!"
[telling Yuna not to worry about the future] "When you're playing blitzball, you gotta think about blitz and nothing else. If you do, that's when you lose."
[after escaping from Bevelle] We escaped with our skins intact, but Yuna lost something. I could already tell, her faith was shaken. Yevon had betrayed her. I felt like I should do or say something—anything... But nothing came. I was just as lost as she was.
I wanted to see Yuna’s statue too. But I wanted to see it...with Yuna by my side.
"Yeah, that's right! You can always count on Auron to complicate things!"
[talking about Sin's (Jecht's) arrival at Operation Mi'ihen] "So he killed all those people just for a chance to see me?!"
[after escaping Macalania Temple] "Praise be to Yevon." That's what I would have said, if I was a follower of Yevon. We were all there, and in one piece. Even if I had a headache from wondering what was in store for us next.
"Oh, sure! Soon! Like 'tomorrow' soon, I bet!"
"Err, 'helly doo sad wee' to you, too."
People die, Yuna dances.
[finding out that the Final Aeon will kill Yuna] "And I've been telling Yuna—'Let's go to Zanarkand together!' 'Let's beat Sin!' I told her all the things...we could...we could...and all along the whole time, I didn't know anything! But Yuna, she'd…just smile."
"Let's go to the sea, before sunrise. The city lights go out, one by one, the stars fade, then the horizon glows, almost like it’s on fire. It's kinda rose-colored, right? First the sea, then it spreads to the sky, then to the whole city. It gets brighter and brighter till everything…glows. It’s really pretty. I know you'd like it."
"I give up. So what would an adult do, then? They know they can just throw away a summoner, then they can do whatever they like."
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want it...or I'll end it here!"
[trying to open the Chamber of the Fayth] "You can stuff your taboos!"
[after Seymour vanishes] Sin will be right behind you."
[before the final battle] "I know it sounds selfish, but this is my story!"
[last words] "Yuna, I have to go... I'm sorry I couldn't show you Zanarkand... Goodbye!"
[last words to Jecht] "You know...for the first time, I'm glad...to have you as my father."
Finishing Blow
Last in party to be K.O.'ed
"My... story..."
"I won't go so easy on you next time!"
"I'll be right back!"
"Live and let live!"
I’ve done it! I-I have become a summoner!
Character's opening lines
I only have as many guardians as there are people I can trust. I trust them all with my life! To have so many guardians is a joy, and an honour! Even more so than being my father's daughter. Of course, I would never think of questioning your ways, either. So, Lady Dona, I ask of you: please leave us in peace.
He called it the 'Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III'.
Don't say that. It might be a hopeless campaign, and it might mean defying Yevon... But the Crusaders and the Al Bhed-they're doing their best to defeat Sin. They want to rid Spira of Sin forever. And that's just what we want, too, isn't it? Isn't it?
I fight for Spira. The people long for the Calm. I can give it to them. It's all I can give. Defeating Sin, ending pain... this I can do.
And when you refused to let me become a summoner and I did it anyway...I'm sorry. I've always wanted to apologize. You know, when you tried to stop me then-really, I was happy. I could tell you really cared about me. You were like my big brother and sister. No... I think you really were my big brother and sister.
To Wakka and Lulu in her "goodbye sphere"
Maester Seymour. I trust my guardians with my life. But they are also my friends. I will not stand by and watch them be hurt. I will fight you, too!
It would be so easy...to let my fate just carry me away...following this same path my whole life through. But I know...I can't. What I do, I do...with no regrets.
My father... my father wanted... to make Spira's sorrow go away. Not just cover it up with lies!
I live for the people of Spira, and would have gladly died for them, but no more! The Final Summoning is a false tradition that should be thrown away.
My father... I loved him. So I... I will live with my sorrow, I will live my own life! I will defeat sorrow, in his place. I will stand my ground and be strong. I don't know when it will be, but someday... I will conquer it. And I will do it without... false hope.
Everyone has lost something precious. Everyone here has lost homes, dreams, and friends. Now, Sin is finally dead. Now, Spira is ours again. Working together, now we can make new homes for ourselves, and new dreams. Although I know the journey will be hard, we have lots of time. Together, we will rebuild Spira. The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today. Just, one more thing... the people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.
Ending speech, last lines in the game
I've... learned how to smile... Even when I'm feeling sad.
If we should get separated, just whistle. I'll come running. I promise.
I believe in your Zanarkand.
I will share your pain.
When summoning Anima for the first time
I love you.
I was waiting for you.
Character’s opening line
This is it. This... is your story. It all begins here.
Never futile, but never ending.
About Summoners sacrifice
It’s alright. It’s been… long enough. This... is your world now.
Last words, to Yuna
I hate this place.
In battle in the Via Purifico
Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
Once Lady Yuna fixes her hair, we leave.
After Yuna, who has woken up late with her hair disheveled, notices that even he was laughing at her.
Guard your emotions first, then guard your summoner.
Calming down Barthello after he loses Dona in Macalania Woods
I am the troublemaker, after all.
Agreeing to go to Bevelle after killing Seymour
The red carpet has teeth.
before the battle with Evrae
The ferryman asks a high price.
About Cid and his airship
Outside the dream world, life can be harsh--even cruel, but it is life.
We will protect Yuna from anyone-even a Maester.
to Wakka after Tidus passes by, about Seymour.
Summoners challenge the bringer of death, Sin, and die doing so. Guardians give their lives to protect their summoner. The fayth are the souls of the dead. Even the maesters of Yevon are unsent. Spira is full of death... only Sin is reborn, and then only to bring more death. It is a cycle of death, spiraling endlessly.
Every story must have an ending.
Don't look to others for knowledge. This is your story.
(Before killing last enemy)
(End of Battle Exclamation)
What a waste!
(If the party is wiped out)
Think later, Yuna!
(Starting a battle while Yuna is considering Seymour's proposal)
Pray! Now!
( Before Executing Overdrives)
Some can't wait to die!
When executing his overdrive for the first time.
Your pain shall be two-fold!
(Upon performing "Armor Break")
You rely too much on your magics!"
(Upon performing "Magic Break")
That's how it's done!
Winning a battle
You remind me of myself. Before, the closer we got to Zanarkand, the more I wondered. When we arrived, Braska would call the Final Aeon. He would fight Sin, then die. I thought my mind was made up long before, but as I stood here my resolve wavered.
After battle with Sanctuary Keeper and after Wakka remarks about traveling a long way.
Ha! Legendary guardian? I was just a boy. A boy about your age actually. I wanted to change the world too, but I changed nothing. That is my story.
Also after battle with Sanctuary Keeper, after Wakka comments about legendary guardians choking. (Metaphorically.)
Ten years ago...I honored Jecht's last words, and travelled to Zanarkand. I planned to stay there, watching over you. But when Sin attacked Zanarkand that day, I changed my mind. Outside the dream world, life can be harsh - even cruel. But it is life. He wanted you to have a shot at life. I saw it in Sin's eyes. That's why I brought you here, to Spira.
Hey! You okay?
Character’s opening line
Long time ago, there were a whole lot of cities in Spira. Big cities with machina-machines-to run 'em. People played all day and let the machina do the work. And then, well, take a look. Sin came, and destroyed the machina cities. And Zanarkand along with 'em. Yeah, that was about a thousand years ago, just like you said. If you asked me, Sin's our punishment for letting things get out of hand. What gets me, though...is we gotta suffer, 'cause of what some goofballs did way back when! 'Course, we must always repent for our sins! That's important! It's just that, it's hard to keep at it sometimes, you know?
This is the only time! The players fight with all their strength: the fans cheer for their favorite team. They forget pain, suffering... Only the game matters! That's why blitz has been around for so long. Least that's what I think.
On blitzball as an escape from Sin.
Du-u-u-u-de! Our Team is gonna rock, ya?
After Tidus accepts Wakka's invitation to join his Blitzball team
Nope, we got a new goal now! Our new goal...is victory! To win every match, defeat every opposing team! To bring the Crystal Cup back to our island! That's all we need to do to win! Easy, ya?
Those sand-blasted grease monkeys!
In reference to the Al Bhed.
We were just worried you guys might've gone crazy!
A summoner with bed hair! What's the world comin' to?
Why build a city over a river, ya?
During the trip across the Moonflow.
This can't be happening...
Laughing weakly before the first battle with Seymour.
Boom! Like happy festival fireworks, ya?
Attempting to cheer Rikku up after Home is destroyed
Why didn't I just shut my big mouth...?
When his attempt to cheer Rikku up fails
Disappear on us, will ya? Rotten son of a shoopuf!
To Grand Maester Mika
She'll tell us when she's ready, so just hold your chocobos until then, ya?
To Tidus after he finds him sneaking around in Yuna's room at Rin's Travel Agency (Thunderplanes).
Let's give Rikku a kick in the butt and go, eh?
In reference to Rikku's refusal to leave the Thunder Plains Travel Agency because of her fear of lightning
SON OF A SHOOPUFF!
It's over!
(End of Battle Exclamation)
Traitors, coming through!
(Quote after starting a battle)
This can't be happening...
(repeated line as he learns of Seymour's true intentions and realizes that he must fight him, even though he is a Maester)
I can't believe we're gonna fight Lady Yunalesca! Gimme a break!
When we used to blitz together, Chappu used to say...he said that—when we win the cup ya?—he'd propose to Lulu. Then one day he goes off and becomes a Crusader. just like that!
To Luzzu after learning that he (Luzzu) was the one who convinced Chappu to enlist.
What are you doing here? Didn't think we'd be able to handle it?
Character’s opening line
He's dead, okay? Dead! (referring to Chappu)
Excuses again?
Wakka's... a bit lacking in the imagination department.
You truly are clueless. Are you sure it's just your memory that's the problem? The dead need guidance. Filled with grief over their own death, they refuse to face their fate. They yearn to live on, and resent those still alive. You see, they envy the living. And in time, that envy turns to anger, even hate. Should these souls remain in Spira, they become fiends that prey on the living. Sad, isn't it? The sending takes them to the Farplane, where they may rest in peace.
To Tidus when he asks about sendings.
Yuna chose her own path. She knew from the beginning what it meant. All we can do is protect her along the way. Until the end.
Amazing. Simply amazing. You make up one theory after another, refusing to face the simple truth. Sin didn't take Chappu anywhere. Sin crushed him and left him on the Djose shore! Your brother won't just pop back. Oh, and one more thing. No matter how much you want it, no one can take Chappu's place. No one can replace Sir Jecht, for that matter. And there's no replacement for Lord Braksa, either. It's pointless to think about it, and sad.
After Wakka suggests that Chappu might still be alive
I hope you hurt them.
To Yuna about her Al Bhed kidnappers.
Not the most... graceful win. If it was Chappu, he'd still be standing.
After Wakka helps his team defeat the Al Bhed Psyches, but is injured in the process.
You don't want to finish that sentence.
As Tidus is about to say that he doesn't think that Wakka would try to take Chappu's place.
No matter how dark the night, morning always comes, and our journey begins anew.
We called to you, but with all that snoring...
To Yuna after she oversleeps
Goodbye, Chappu. You always said I looked grumpy. But those were the happiest days of my life.
(to Chappu in the Farplane)
Defeat Sin, and bring joy to the people of Spira. Get married, and bring joy to the people of Spira. For Yuna, they're just two ways down the same road.
I shouldn't have to say this, but don't fall in love with her.
In reference to Yuna when speaking to Tidus.
Interesting. I suppose I could add you to my list. I wish you good luck, little boy. You're going to need it.
If Tidus replies that Lulu is more of his type.
Not here... not now...
When she is the last in the party to die.
You really do come from a world where there is no Sin, like you say.
To Tidus en route to the Macalania Temple.
Fighting in a straight line... So easy...
After the incident with Seymour in Bevelle
This... this cannot be! The teachings state that we can exorcise Sin with complete atonement! It's been our only hope all these years.
To Yunalesca, as she explains that Sin is eternal
A day with you is never dull!
You've proven yourself as a guardian, maybe even as the best.
In reference to Tidus
This won't hurt... much.
When casting Demi.
Know pain! But not for long...
When casting Ultima.
When defeating final enemy in a battle.
In dark times, she must be. She must shine bright.
Character’s opening line, a considerable time after his introduction.
Pick spot. Shut up. Wait.
Only those who try will become.
Al Bhed is Al Bhed. Rikku is Rikku. Rikku swore to protect Yuna. And Rikku is not a liar. Kimahri can tell. So, she is a friend.
Kimahri think Rikku should be Rikku.
Save some for Kimahri!
You have angered Kimahri! The spirits of the Ronso will guide Kimahri’s spear!
Yuna needs Kimahri. Kimahri protect Yuna.
Apology is running. Yuna never run away.
On Yuna apologizing for not knowing another way to defeat Sin.
The Ronso were singing too. Kimahri's ears never wrong.
Kimahri felt friendship from somewhere inside Sin.
There is no need for fear. Kimahri will go with you.
This time I win, I will win!
Before the fight with his brother Biran.
Fyed! Fryd ev ed ec risyh?
Character’s opening line (Translation = Wait! What if it is human?)
Al Bhed for "Sorry", before she knocks Tidus out cold
Memories are nice, but that's all they are.
common Al Bhed saying
Pleased to meet ya! I'm Rikku!
Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh... [Lightning strikes.] AH!!
in the Thunder Plains
You can cram your happy festival, you big meanie!
After Wakka's failed attempt to cheer Rikku up after Home is destroyed
Did you...hit your head or something? [Tidus: Um, you guys hit me.] Oh, right... Do you remember anything before that?
Yeah, there is no Zanarkand anymore. Sin destroyed it a thousand years ago.
Sometimes, when I got a lot on my mind, it just helps to go, "AAAAAAAAAAAH!"
Shouting at the lighting in the Thunder Plains
You know, don't you? Summoners journey to get the Final Aeon. Yuna told you, didn't she? With the Final Aeon, she can beat Sin. But then...but then...if she calls it, the Final Aeon's going to kill her! Even if she defeats Sin, it will kill Yunie too, you know!
Just a feeling, but I think my dad kinda likes you.
referring to Cid while in the airship
I am Seymour Guado. I am honored to receive the title of maester. In life, my father Jyscal worked to foster friendship between man and Guado. I vow to carry on his legacy, and to fulfill my duties as maester to the best of my abilities.
Character’s opening lines
Why are you still here, sir? (pause as Auron looks at him) I beg your pardon. We Guado are keen to the scent of the Farplane.
To Auron, who is an unsent.
Ah, of course. "Protect the summoner even at the cost of one's life." The Code of the Guardian. How admirable. Well, if you're offering your lives, I will have to take them.
Pitiful mortal... Your hope ends here! (voice changes and gains a stereo effect as he turns into Seymour Flux) And your meaningless existence with it!
Life is but a passing dream, but the death that follows is eternal.
Another likely reference to
Pre-existence.
I have saved him. He was a man who craved power. And great power he had, but he feared losing it. Trembling at unseen enemies, he spent his days scheming petty schemes. Chased by his fears, never knowing rest. You see... Now he has no worries. He has been granted sleep eternal. Death is a sweet slumber. All the pain of life is gently swept away... Ah, yes. Don't you see...if all life were to end in Spira, all suffering would end. Don't you see? Do you not agree?
On Maester Wen Kinoc, whom he has killed.
But there is no salvation for the damned! Rest in peace in eternal darkness.
Death awaits you!
Unpleasant. Very well. I will give you your death. You seem to want it so.
After Kimahri stabs him (as an unsent) with his spear, to little effect.
You would oppose me as well? So be it!
Spoken if Yuna summons Anima against Seymour in the last battle. Anima's fayth is Seymour's mother, who wants the party to stop him.
Even after I am gone, Spira's sorrow will prevail...
Seymour's last words
Feel my pain! Come, Anima!
By all means, try! You should thank me! Your death means your father's life!
After Tidus says that their group can stop him.
You, with a woman? You can't even catch a ball! Oh, what's the matter? Gonna cry again? Cry, cry. That's the only thing you're good for! (2nd Dream sequence)
Why do today what you can leave for tomorrow? (Dream)
You’ll cry, you're gonna cry, you always cry. See? You're crying.
I can't hear the hymn so well anymore...
You were always such a stiff. But that's what I like about you. (To Auron in flashback)
Yuna, you know what to do! The aeons - call them!
Jecht's last words
Fayth of Valefor
Sin is cursed. Sin prays. It curses its form, it prays for dissolution. Sin sees dreams of its own destruction. Sin is looking at us. We live in a fading echo of time left us by the destroyer. Free him from Yu Yevon. Free him....the fayth that has become sin.
When party revisits her chamber.
Fayth of Shiva
Should the dreaming end, you too will disappear...fade into Spira's sea, Spira's sky. But do not weep, nor rise in anger. Even we were once human, that is why we must dream. Let us summon...a sea in a new dream world. A new sea for you to swim.
When party revisits her chamber.
Fayth of Yojimbo
You are a fading dream, but one that has been touched by reality. Run, dream. Run on into the daylight. And walk into reality.
giving advice to Tidus
Possibly a reference to 's theory of Pre-existence.
You ask for a phoenix, yet you offer chicken feed!
If the party doesn't offer a substantial amount for Yojimbo's services.
Maester Yo Mika
Men die. Beasts die. Trees die. Even continents perish. Only the power of death truly commands in Spira. Resisting its power is futile.
Ever the Ronso. Hard-headed, hardly useful.
Maester Wen Kinoc
Meh... enlightened rule by the dead is preferable to the misguided failures of the living.
Being a Maester has its privileges. I can just sit here and watch.
They chose to die, because they had hope.
To Auron about Braska and Jecht
Hope is comforting. It allows us to accept fate, no matter how tragic it might be.
Yevon's Teachings and the final summoning give the people of Spira hope. Without hope, they would drown in their own sorrow. Now choose. Who will be your fayth? Who will be the one to renew Spira's hope?
Poor creature. You would throw away hope? Well... I will free you before you can drown in your own sorrow. It is better to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator.
Immediately before attacking the party.
Bobba, the Blitzball announcer
Well, well, well! If it isn't the Besaid Aurochs! They're a living, breathing, statistical impossibility! I've never seen a team this bad!
The Besaid Aurochs have not won a game in 23 years.
See? Keep your head down, say "sir" a lot, and you'll do fine.
Chappu also said to me... That being with your girl is good... But keeping Sin far away from her is better.
After Wakka reveals that Chappu had considered proposing to Lulu before joining the Crusaders.
Young Crusaders gather 'round! We'll beat Sin into the ground!
I appreciate your feelings Auron, but I am here to kill grief itself.
After Auron begs with him not to go through with the Final Summoning.
I won't tell ya to be careful. Do your worst, kiddo!
No mistakes, or I'm gonna tear out that mop you call hair!
If she continues this fool pilgrimage, she will die! Sure as if you killed her yourself. No haired-brained law or teaching can send my little niece to her death! When I save her, I'll make her give up being a summoner quicker than a desert melts ice!
To Auron about Yuna.
With all this Yevon taboo on machina, we're running around in the dark here! Ain't it a rush, kiddos?
talking about how he doesn't know how to fly his own airsihp
Yee-haw! Here we go!
Touch me with that hand and I'll remove it.
The Guado take care of Guado affairs.
Destroying the sphere that proves that Seymour murdered his father.
Rikku: Did you...hit your head or something?
Tidus: Um, you guys hit me.
Rikku: Oh, right...do you remember anything before that?
Tidus: It's tough... [sighs] ...when your father's famous.
Wakka: Eh?
Lulu: Wakka's...a bit lacking in the imagination department.
Wakka: Huh?
Tidus: [laughing] Thanks, Lulu. I'll keep that in mind.
Tidus: Who are you, anyway? You knew my old man, didn't you?
Auron: Yeah.
Tidus: And you also knew Yuna's father?
Auron: That's correct.
Tidus: Hey, man, there's no way. That's just impossible.
Auron: Nothing impossible about it. Jecht, Braska, and I...together, we defeated Sin, ten years ago. Then I went to Zanarkand, where I watched over you, so that one day, I could bring you to Spira.
Tidus: Why did it have to be me?
Auron: Jecht asked me to.
Tidus: ...Is he alive?
Auron: It depends on what you mean by "alive". He is...no longer human. But then, I could feel something of Jecht there in that shell, didn't you? You must have felt him when you came into contact with Sin.
Tidus: [realizing what Auron is saying] It can't be...
Auron: It is. Sin is Jecht.
Tidus: [unable to believe it] No! That's ridiculous! No way! I don't believe you!
Auron: [unfazed] But it is the truth. You'll see for yourself. Come with me.
Tidus: And if I say no?
Auron: Every story must have an ending.
Tidus: [irritated] I don't care about your stories!
Auron: I see. Sorry you feel that way. Fine, then. Come or don't come. It's your decision.
Tidus: [yells in frustration] What am I supposed to say?! You tell me it's my decision! But I don't have a choice, do I?! You're the only one who can tell me what's going on here, anyways! I have to go with you! I have to!
Auron: Irritating, I know. Or are you afraid?
Tidus: They say Seymour went to Macarena Temple.
Wakka: Macalania Temple.
Tidus: Aye?
Wakka: [to Rikku] How come you speak Al Bhed? [to Tidus] Why?
Tidus: Uh, well...
Rikku: Because...I'm Al Bhed, and that...was my brother.
Wakka: [to Tidus and Lulu] You knew? Why didn't you tell me?
Lulu: We knew you'd be upset.
Wakka: [disgusted] This is great! I can't believe I've been traveling with an Al Bhed! A heathen!
Rikku: You're wrong! We have nothing against Yevon!
Wakka: But you Al Bhed use the forbidden machina! You know what that means? Sin was born because people used machina!
Rikku: You got proof? Show me proof!
Wakka: It's in Yevon's teachings! [scoffs] Not that you'd know!
Rikku: That's not good enough! Yevon says this, Yevon says that! Can't you think for yourself?!
Wakka: Well then, you tell me! Where did Sin come from, huh?
Rikku: I...I don't know!
Wakka: Ha! You bad-mouth Yevon and that's all you can come up with?
Rikku: But...that doesn't mean you should do whatever they say without thinking! Nothing will ever change that way!
Wakka: Nothing has to change!
Rikku: You want Sin to keep coming back? There might be a way to stop it, you know!
Wakka: Sin will be gone once we atone for our past mistakes!
Rikku: When? How?!
Wakka: [shaking his fist at Rikku] If we keep faith in Yevon's teachings it will be gone one day!
Rikku: [realizing that it is hopeless at the moment] Why do I even bother?
Auron: Rikku.
Rikku: Hm?
Auron: [gesturing towards one of the machina snowmobiles] Will this move?
Rikku: Yes!
Wakka: [in disbelief] We're not usin' that, are we? Wait...Sir Auron isn't Al Bhed, too, is he?!
Tidus: [frusturated] Come on, Wakka!
Wakka: [turning towards Tidus] What?
Tidus: I mean, getting angry just because you find out Rikku's an Al Bhed...you guys got along fine till now, didn't you?
Wakka: [defensively] That's different. I mean...
Tidus: Well, I don't claim to know much about Spira. And I probably know even less about the Al Bhed, but I know Rikku's a good person. She's just Rikku!
[Seymour, defeated, falls to his knees. Yuna steps forward.]
Seymour: Yuna...you would pity me now?
[He falls on his back, dead. Yuna rushes to the dead body and closes his eyes. Tromell and two Guado escorts suddenly enter.]
Tromell: Lord Seymour! What happened here?!
Wakka: [stunned] What...What have I done...?
Tidus: [as the Guado check Seymour's body] Wait a minute! It's not our fault at all! S he's the bad guy!
Tromell: Y-You did this?!
Auron: Yuna. Send him.
Tromell: [angered] No, stop! Stay away from him, traitors!
[The Guado carry Seymour's body out of the chamber.]
Yuna: [falling to her knees] Traitors...?
Wakka: We're finished.
Tidus: Now, hold on just a minute! Seymour's the bad guy, right? We'll just explain to everyone what happened!
Auron: It won't be that easy. Let's get out of here.
[after Home is destroyed.]
Wakka: Hey, look. Don't get so down. Boom! Hahaha! Like happy festival fireworks, ya?
Rikku: [tearful] You can cram your happy festival, you big meanie!
[She storms off, as Wakka gives himself a mental facepalm.]
Wakka: [when Tidus talks to him] Why didn't I just shut my big mouth...?
Rikku: [when Tidus talks to her] I'm okay. I'm fine. Really.
Rikku: [after seeing Yuna and the unsent Seymour in Bevelle] What's Seymour doing alive? Didn't we...take care of him in Macalania?
Auron: He is dead. As dead as Jyscal was. His attachment to this world kept him from the next.
Rikku: Whoa... Scary!
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!
Kimahri: Yuna needs Kimahri. Kimahri protect Yuna.
Rikku: Well, I'm fighting!
Wakka: I can't believe we're gonna fight Lady Yunalesca! Gimme a break!
Lulu: You can always run.
Wakka: Hah! I'd never forgive myself-no way! Not if I ran away now. Even in death, ya!
Lulu: My thoughts exactly.
Tidus: Yuna! This is our story! Now let's see this thing through together.
Suteki da ne
Futari te o tori aruketa nara
Kimi no machi, ie, ude no naka
Isn't it wonderful,
To walk together holding hands
I do so want to go,
To your city, your house, into your arms.
, theme song
has an article about:

我要回帖

更多关于 meaningless 的文章

随机推荐