The rian in Spthe rain fallss mainly ( )the plane 1 .on 2.under 3.in

When you are planning to get on a plane for your destination wedding in Spain, especially if it is here on the Costa del Sol, the weather is likely a key factor in your decision-making process. You already know that the place is famous for sun, blue skies, and beaches – that may well be the main attraction, especially if your dream day is a beach wedding. After all, when you stop to imagine your wedding day (do it… go on… imagine your day… bit of daydreaming is good for the soul), I think you’re hearing birdsong and music, seeing blue skies, a stunning view, anticipating an elegant walk down the aisle to a romantic wedding service, your stunning dress gliding with you as you walk, heads turning to look at you as the sun gently lights your perfect hair, and then he turns and he sees you approaching…
But hang on a minute! Even in a destination location, not every day is a perfect day. If you are from the UK you may well be all too familiar with friends’ weddings, which have included a lot of umbrellas, protecting the bride’s dress from rain and mud, and oh joy, lightning and torrential downpours just as the wedding photographer says “Everyone come out into the gardens for family photographs!” No wonder so many brides agree nowadays that standing in line formation for group photographs under threatening skies is no fun way to spend your wedding day. And I have to agree, no modern photographer should be doing this on your big day, but that’s a whole other blog post.
Here, from Marbella to Malaga, from Cadiz to Almeria, everyone will tell you is how great the weather is. Ah, it is always sunny, we say. But that is not 100 percent accurate, as occasionally there is a little bit of rain, and it is certainly worth weighing up the pros AND cons when choosing your wedding destination. One thing that is key is timing. It does make a difference in which month you are going to marry. It is almost unheard of for us to see rain in June or September, which are the warm, sunny and most popular months for weddings.
It is also unlikely to see rain in July and August, but these months can be scorchingly hot so that is worth bearing in mind. But if you are thinking of an April, early May or October wedding, then light rain is a slight possibility. It is worth considering a “backup plan” if you are having a garden or beach ceremony (especially in April). Most venues, and most wedding planners can accomodate this by having an interior space on standby for you. On the bright side, even if there is a little rain in the morning, it tends to clear and so one can still usually have an outdoor ceremony without any problem. And in the event that you are planning a Christmas wedding, it is also likely to be good sunny weather, something which always surprises and delights me in the crisp sunny days of December.
The quote from “My Fair Lady” is in fact The Rain in Spain falls mainly in the Plain. The plain (as in the flatlands), not the mountainous region of Malaga then, with its hills and coastal curves. In any case the rhyme is not founded in fact. From a meteorological point of view, the rain in Spain falls mainly in the North, as low pressures move along the Pyrenees. Here in the Costa del Sol in Andalusia there are more than 300 “sunny” days a year. The average temperature throughout the year is over 16 °C (61 °F). So I have misquoted (on purpose) as in fact the rain in Spain is very likely to fall on the aeroplane, as you leave it behind you in Blighty.
There is also a spanish equivalent rhyme which is very cute, if you want to practice your spanish- try this out La lluvia en Sevilla es una pura maravilla.
Becky’s Top Tips for The Best Weather at your Wedding
Top Tip 1: If you are planning to marry on the Costa del Sol in June or September, especially if on a Saturday – book your venue and your wedding suppliers well in advance of the wedding date (A year in advance is not unusual).
Top Tip 2: If you are planning to marry here in Spain in April, early May or October, then factor in the possibility of light showers and look at the indoor spaces your venue offers as Backup.
Top Tip 3: If you are planning to marry in July or August, then to avoid the heat, plan an early evening ceremony with an awning or shade for protection from the sun.
I would LOVE it if you visit my main portfolio to see more of my work as a
Posted in: ,
commentholder-->Leave A Comment

我要回帖

更多关于 plane 的文章

随机推荐