Li Lei'smake room foris not e______ .We can see many things in it.

Please enable javascript
This site requires you to allow JavaScript to run in the browser for all features to work. Thank you!
New to software development?
We want to teach you the single most valuable skill you can learn in the 21st century. Read the
to find out more.
Get a free 8-part email course & priority notifications about the Ruby on Rails Tutorial & related products.
Sorry, content not available
GET A FREE EMAIL COURSE ON WEB DEVELOPMENT
Sign up now to get a free 8-part email course on learning web development. This will also ensure you get updates about the Ruby on Rails Tutorial and related products (such as the
series of tutorials).Internet Explorer for Mac the Easy Way: Run IE 7, IE8, & IE9 Free in a Virtual Machine
If you’re a Mac user that requires the usage of Internet Explorer under Mac OS X, you’ll find your choices are generally as follows:
which can be slow and buggy, dual boot Windows and Mac OS X which is a nuisance because it requites rebooting, or use virtualization with something like Parallels, VMWare, or VirtualBox. Virtualization is generally the best method because you can run IE and other Windows apps directly atop OS X, but some of the VM software is expensive and you still need a Windows license key, right? Wrong!
Run Internet Explorer 7, 8, 10, & 11 in Mac OS X the Easy & Free Way
We’re going to walk you through how to install Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 in a virtual machine running Windows, directly in Mac OS X – for free. This is achieved by using the freely available VirtualBox software from Oracle, and combining that with free Internet Explorer testing virtual machines from Microsoft, the trick is converting these free IE vm’s so that they work flawlessly under OS X (or Linux, technically), and that is all handled automatically with this method.
Notes: the admin password for all of the IE VMs is “Password1” without the quotes. This has been tested and confirmed to work with all modern versions of Mac system software including OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X 10.7 Lion, and Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
Installation size per IE Virtual Machine is about 11GB, to install all Windows VM’s it will take about 48GB of disk space.
Download & Install VirtualBox –
(direct .dmg download link) – or
Launch the Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities/)
Decide which versions of Internet Explorer you want to download and install – each version of Internet Explorer is contained within a separate virtual machine that runs within VirtualBox. In other words, if you want to run Internet Explorer 7, 8, and 9, you will need to download three separate VM’s, which may take a while so keep that in mind. Select the text below and copy it:
Install ALL versions of Internet Explorer: IE7, IE 8, IE 9, IE10, IE11
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | bash
Install Internet Explorer 11 Only
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | IEVMS_VERSIONS="11" bash
Install Internet Explorer 10 Only
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | IEVMS_VERSIONS="10" bash
Install Internet Explorer 7 Only
curl -s https://raw.github.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | IEVMS_VERSIONS="7" bash
Install Internet Explorer 8 Only
curl -s https://raw.github.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | IEVMS_VERSIONS="8" bash
Install Internet Explorer 9 Only
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | IEVMS_VERSIONS="9" bash
Copy and paste the selected command from above into the Terminal and hit return, this will start the download and conversion process. How long this takes depends on your internet connection and how many versions of Internet Explorer you chose to install
Launch VirtualBox and boot Windows & Internet Explorer – select the virtual machine corresponding to the version of Internet Explorer you intend to use: IE7, IE8, IE9, then click on the “Start” button to boot that Windows machine with that version of Internet Explorer.
Remember that the default Windows admin password is “Password1”, it’s also the password hint within the VM should you forget it.
That’s really all there is to it. These commands are part of the
and it manages the entire download, conversion, and installation procedure, it doesn’t get much easier.
Note: if you’re having trouble with the above URL or commands not working, it may be because github changed the URL structure of their source from github.com to githubusercontent, like the following:
curl -s https://raw.github.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | bash
Turns into:
curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xdissent/ievms/master/ievms.sh | bash
Note the URL change from github to githubusercontent, otherwise everything else is the same. (Thanks Blair!)
VM Snapshots Circumvent Microsofts 30 Day Limitation
The other great thing about this method is that it circumvents Microsofts 30 day limitation by utilizing snapshots, a feature built into VirtualBox. This preserves the original Windows VM state and allows you to continuously use the IE virtual machine without any time limitation simply by reverting to the original snapshot once the 30 day lock occurs.
To use a snapshot after the 30 day Windows expiration, just open VirtualBox, select the IE VM, and click on the “Snapshots” button. From here you can boot from the original snapshot that was created and use IE again for another 30 days. You can do this indefinitely, effectively having a clean IE test environment forever.
What about IE 6?
IE6 is being rapidly abandoned as usage dies, but if you need to use it then you can . Getting it working isn’t quite as easy as the virtual machine methods above and it utilizes a wine based emulator so your mileage may vary.
Why Use Internet Explorer on a Mac?
This has been a common question, but the primary reasons that Mac users need Internet Explorer are either for web development and web app compatibility purposes, or to access certain web sites or apps that require the use of IE to gain access. If you’re not in either of those groups, there isn’t much benefit to getting IE in Mac OS X, since Safari, Chrome, and Firefox are all excellent browser choices with significantly better performance on the Mac.
Enjoy this tip? Subscribe to the OSXDaily newsletter to get more of our great Apple tips, tricks, and important news delivered to your inbox! Enter your email address below:
Related articles:
Posted by: William Pearson in ,
Leave a ReplyLi Lei gets an e-mail 16Jackson Wilson. Jack is a student in Canada. He wants to 17 Chinese. Dear friend, My name is Jack Wilson. I am from Toronto, 18 . I am 13 years old. I’m a schoolboy. I know Ch 题目和参考答案——精英家教网——
暑假天气热?在家里学北京名师课程,
& 题目详情
Li Lei gets an e-mail&& 16Jackson Wilson. Jack is a student in Canada. He wants to& 17 Chinese. Dear friend, My name is Jack Wilson. I am from Toronto,&& 18 . I am 13 years old. I’m a schoolboy. I know China is a great&& 19 . I want to make friends(交朋友)&& 20 China and I want to learn Chinese. There are nineteen students in& 21class. My classmates are from six countries. They are learning English. My parents are from France. They&&22French . I speak English and French. There are many Chinese&& 23 in Toronto. I want to learn Chinese ,&& 24 I don’t have any Chinese textbooks. Could you&& 25 me? Please write back soon. Thank you.Jack Wilson 小题1:A.forB.toC.fromD.of小题2:A.teachB.learnC.speakD.know小题3:A.CanadaB.JapanC.AustraliaD.France小题4:A.cityB.countryC.peopleD.school小题5:A.onB.atC.inD.to小题6:A.hisB.yourC.myD.their小题7:A.speakB.tellC.sayD.talk小题8:A.thereB.hereC.peoplesD.students小题9:A.soB.andC.forD.but小题10:A.takeB.helpC.writeD.like
小题1:C小题2:B小题3:A小题4:B小题5:C小题6:C小题7:A小题8:D小题9:D小题10:B小题1:表示从某人哪里收到电子邮件可以说成get……from,故本题选C。小题2:本句的含义是他想学习汉语,learn表示学习的意思,故本题选B。小题3:多伦多位于加拿大Canada,故本题选A。小题4:中国是一个国家,country表示国家的意思,故本题选B。小题5:本句的含义为我想在中国交朋友,在中国说成in China,故本题选C。小题6:本句的含义为在我的班级有19个学生,修饰名词class用物主代词my,故本题选C。小题7:本句的含义是我的父母亲来自于法国,他们说的是法语,说某种语言用speak,故本题选A。小题8:本句的含义为在多伦多有许多的中国学生,students表示学生的意思,故选D。小题9:本句的含义为我想学习汉文,但我没有一些汉文书,表示转折用but,故本题选D。小题10:本句的含义是请问你能帮助我吗?help sb表示帮助某人的意思,故本题选B。
练习册系列答案
科目:初中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
Where are my students? They are not on the playground. They are not in the library, Where are they? They are in the classroom. Sam is studying English. Jim is reading an English Post. His Chinese book is on the desk. Tom is not reading comic books(漫画书). He is making cards. Mary and Ann are listening to music. I am Miss Zhang, their teacher. I am in my office and drinking some orange juice.小题1:How many students are there in the classroom?A. Three.&&&&&& B. Four.&&&&&&&&& C. Five.小题2:What’s Sam doing?A. He is reading an English Post.B. He is studying English.C. He is reading comic books.小题3:Where is Mary?A. On the playground.&& B. In the library.&&& C. In the classroom.小题4:Who is not in the classroom?A. Jim.&&&&&&&& B. Ann.&&&&&&&& C. Miss Zhang.小题5:Which is NOT right?A. Jim’s Chinese book is on the desk.B. Ann is listening to music.C. Miss Zhang is drinking some coffee.
If you go to Finland, you’ll be surprised to find how “foolish” the Finnish people are. Take the taxi drivers for example. Taxis in Finland are mostly high class Benz with a fare (票价) of two US dollars a kilometer. You can go anywhere in one, tell the driver to drop you at any place, say that you have some business to attend to, and then get off without paying your fare. And the driver would not show the least sign of worry. The dining rooms in all big hotels not only serve their guests, but also outside diners. Hotel guests have their meals free, so their good faith is to wave their registration card to the waiter. With such a loose check, you can easily use any old registration card to take a couple of friends and dine free of charge. With so many loopholes (漏洞) in everyday life, surely Finland must be a heaven to those who love to take “pretty advantages”. But the strange things is, all the taxi-passengers would always come back to pay their fare after they have attend not a single outsider has ever been found in the free hotel dining rooms. As the Finns always act on good faith and always show an attitude of “which is which” and “what is what” in everything they do, so to live in such a society has turned everyone into a real “gentleman”. In a society of such high moral practice, what need is there for people to take precautions (预防措施) against others?小题1:The word “foolish” probably means _____________.A.friendly   B.careful   C.strange   D.funny小题2:Why wouldn’t the driver show the least sign of worry? Because _________.A.he is sure that the passengers always act on good faithB.he is afraid to make the passengers angry and unhappyC.he thinks the passengers may be too poor to pay himD.he is sure that the passengers are really in trouble小题3:The dining rooms in all big hotels ___________.A.check the guests’ registration card carefullyB.give people meals without payingC.serve their guests free of chargeD.only serve their guests free breakfast小题4:What’s FALSE according to the passage?A.No one takes advantages although there are many loopholes.B.All the taxi-passengers come back to pay their fare after they have attended to their business.C.Not a single outsider has ever been found in the free hotel dining rooms.D.Finland is heaven for immoral people because they can always take advantages freely.小题5:The sentences “which is which” and “what is what” show that __________.A.the Finns are foolishB.the Finns take things seriouslyC.the Finns are busy making money for the family D.the Finns never take precaution against others
This is Linda’s room.It’s a nice room.It’s very clean (干净的).I can see a brown bed.A photo of a boy is on the wall.Can you see a brown desk? Yes, it’s in the room, on the left (在左侧).A green chair is on the floor.Some books and blue pens are on the desk.Linda’s lamp (灯)is on the desk, too.It’s a pink lamp.Where is Linda? Is she in the room? No, she isn’t.She is at school.根据短文内容,选择正确答案。小题1:Linda’s room is __________.A.not nice B.not cleanC.nice and cleanD.not clean or (或者)nice小题2:__________ is on the wall.A.A photo of a girlB.A photo of a boyC.Some picturesD.Two pictures小题3:__________ are on the desk.A.Some books, blue pens and a lamp B.Some books, red pens, a bag and a lampC.Some green pens, a bag and a lampD.A bag, a book, a blue pen and a lamp小题4:—What’s the color of the lamp?—It’s __________.A.brownB.blueC.greenD.pink小题5:Linda’s __________ is (are) NOT in the room.A.school bagB.bed and deskC.books and a chairD.pens and lamp
Justin Bieber was nominated for the Best New Artist Grammy 2011. Both he and his fans were excited to hear the great news!Born on March 1, 1994, in Canada, Justin entered a singing contest when he was 12 and won the second place. He taught himself to play the piano, drums and guitar. In 2007 Justin posted videos of his singing on the Internet and became famous. In 2008, he became a singer with a record company. Since then, he has become a big name. Justin is so popular that screaming fans show up everywhere for his appearance. Several of his performances had to be cancelled because there were too many fans!In February, 2011, Justin’s biopic Never Say Never will come out. Justin came from a poor family. But he said in his book that not having as many things as his friends made him stronger and built his character. He wants to tell people that you can do anything if you just put your mind to it.小题1:Who taught Justin to play the piano, drums and guitar?A.His fans.B.His friends.C.He himself.D.His teacher.小题2:When did Justin become a singer with a record company?A.In 1994.B.In 2007.C.In 2008. D.In 2011.小题3:Why did Justin have to cancel some of his performances?A.Because he was badly ill.B.Because he thought his performances weren’t good enough.C.Because he didn’t want to have any performances.D.Because there were lots of fans.小题4:Which of the following is True according to the passage?A.Justin was born in a rich family on March 1, 1994, in Canada.B.Justin entered a singing contest when he was 12 and won the first place.C.Justin is so terrible that he has few fans.D.Justin said that poor environment made him stronger and built his character.小题5: What’s the meaning of the word “biopic” in the last paragraph?A.自传B.声明C.论文D.小说
题型:完形填空
 The ladies club(妇女俱乐部) always&& l& a meeting&& 2& Friday afternoon and someone came to talk to them about&& 3&. After that, they had tea and asked & 4&. One Friday a man came and talked to the club about the food problem. “There’s not 5&food in the world for everyone,” he said. “More than half of the people in the world are hungry. And when they have&& 6& food, they have more babies,&& 7& they never&& 8&&being hungry. Somewhere in the world, a woman is having a baby every minute day and night. What are you going to do about it?” He&& 9& for a few seconds. Then one of the ladies said, “Well, why not&& 10&&that woman and stop her?”小题1:A.heldB.madeC.tookD.left小题2:A.inB.atC.onD.for小题3:A.something important B.everything important C.nothing importantD.anything important小题4:A.problemsB.questionsC.the manD.the ladies小题5:A.goodB.cleanC.enoughD.pleasant小题6:A.betterB.moreC.lessD.fewer小题7:A.butB.sinceC.asD.so小题8:A.stopB.enjoyC.likeD.keep小题9:A.waitedB.askedC.lookedD.played小题10:A.seeB.lookC.findD.watch
It can be dangerous to travel by sea. Ships sometimes sink(下沉) far away from land. When this happens, the sailors(海员) have to get into small boats. If another ship does not come and help them and they do not have enough food or water, they will die.Most people believe we must not drink sea water. They believe that if we do, we shall be very ill because of all the salt in the water. A doctor called Alain Bombard did not believe this. He thought that people could stay alive by drinking sea water and eating small fish, animals and plants from the sea. On 19 October 1953, he set out in a small boat to cross the Atlantic Ocean(大西洋). He did not take any food or water with him.Every day Dr. Bombard drank just a little sea water. He also caught fish and they had water in them. He drank this water. He could not cook the fish, so he ate them as they were. He took small plants from the sea, which gave him more food.Dr. Bombard became hot, tired and quite ill, but after 65days at sea he was still alive. He traveled 2,750 miles from one side of the Atlantic Ocean to the other, and on 24th,December 1953, he reached Barbados.He lost 20 kilos, but he showed that people could live on sea water, the animals and plants in the sea.小题1:Alain Bombard was ______.A.an old sailorB.a fisherman C.a cookD.a doctor小题2:He wanted to show that _____.A.sea water was dangerousB.sailors often diedC.people could drink sea water and not dieD.fish were good for people小题3:He went across ______.A.a large oceanB.a townC.a boatD.a ship小题4: Dr. Bombard lived on ______.A.sea waterB.food that he cookedC.only fishD.sea water, fish and small plants小题5:The story is about _____.A.drinking sea waterB.a dying sailorC.a kind doctorD.eating good food
题型:完形填空
How are you, Lin? I’m writing &&1&&you at my school. It’s a big middle &&2&. I’m in a big class. There’re fifty students in my class. There are about two hundred teachers in my school. My &English teacher &&3&&Miss Liu. &&4&&is a nice teacher. We go to school &&5&&Monday to Friday. There are four classes in the morning and two in the afternoon. We play games &&6&&four on Friday after class. I have some friends at school. One is &&7&&America. She speaks English and &&8&&Chinese. I like to play &&9&&them. We &&10&&football. That’s my favourite game. 1. A. to&&&&&&&&& B. for&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&&&& D. from 2. A. school&&&&& B. class&&&&&& C. classroom&&& D. office 3. A. be&&&&&&&&& B. are&&&&&&& C. am&&&&&&&&& D. is 4. A. He&&&&&&&&& B. She&&&&&& C. Her&&&&&&&&& D. Him 5. A. from&&&&&&&& B. for&&&&&& C. in&&&&&&&&&& D. on 6. A. in&&&&&&&&&& B. on&&&&&&& C. at&&&&&&&&&& D. about 7. A. come from&&& B. from&&&&& C. comes from&& D. out 8. A. many&&&&&&& B. a many&&& C. many a&&&&&& D. /9. A. for&&&&&&&&& B. and&&&&&& C. at&&&&&&&&&&& D. with 10. A. play the&&&& B. play&&&&&& C. plays&&&&&&&& D. are play
#117: Some people like to have friends who are different from them. Others like to have friends who are similar to them. What kind of friends do you want for yourself? Kate Join Date: March, 2010 Location: the United Kingdom I like to have friends who are like me. Both my best friend Vades and I like traveling. We went to Italy last month and stayed there for a week. Next month we want to go to Paris. However, Vades is more athletic than me.&Ditlady Join Date: April, 2010 Location: Canada&I like to have friends who are like me. It can be very helpful. I’m a little quiet and my good friend Libby is quiet, too. Sometimes I don’t know what to do with my problems and she can tell me what I should do, because she knows about me better than people who are different from me. Harbinger Join Date: May, 2010Hi, everyone! I had a cold last week and just got here. In my opinion, it is important to have both kinds of friends. That makes your life more interesting. 6. Where is Kate going next month?
A. To the USA.&&&&&&&& B. To the UK.&&&&&&& C. To Italy.&&&&&&&&&&& D. To France. 7. What’s Libby like?
A. She’s as beautiful as Ditlady.&&&&&&&&& B. She’s more outgoing than Ditlady.
C. She’s as quiet as Ditlady.&&&&&&&&&&&& D. She’s more athletic than Ditlady. 8. What was the matter with Harbinger last week?
A. He had a cold.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. He had a headache.
C. He had a fever.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. He had a toothache. 9. What kind of friends does Harbinger like to have? A. Those who are different from him.&&&&&&& B. Those who are the same as him. C. He doesn’t like to make friends.&&&&&&&&& D. He likes to have different kinds of friends. 10. What does the underlined word “similar” mean? A. 一致的&&&&&&&&& B. 相似的&&&&&&&&& C. 友好的&&&&&&&&&& D. 简单的
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
请输入姓名
请输入手机号

我要回帖

更多关于 make room for 的文章

随机推荐