l have some balls.sometime是什么意思

you have got some balls 是不是 :你有胆了是吧!_百度作业帮
you have got some balls 是不是 :你有胆了是吧!
balls [bɔ:lz]Ⅰn.①〈忌〉〈口〉杂乱②胡说Ⅱint.〈忌〉〈口〉胡说此处BALL不是球的意思,这句话意思是:你都是胡说,或者你都胡说了些什么啊!延伸意思可以翻译成:你有胆了是吧!竟敢胡说!
差不多这个意思,但一般应该是褒义的,而不是贬义的。就是说你有胆量,佩服。
您可能关注的推广19Unit_5_Do_you_have_a_soccer_ball单元知识总结
上亿文档资料,等你来发现
19Unit_5_Do_you_have_a_soccer_ball单元知识总结
Unit5Doyouhaveasoccerbal;重点短语及句子;playsoccer踢足球2.playtenni;5.playbasketball打篮球6.pla;baseballbat棒球棒14.sportsc;17.beinClassOne在一班(读书)18;19.haveagreatsportscolle;20.onTV在电视上(通过电视播放)21.
Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball?单元知识总结重点短语及句子play soccer踢足球
2.play tennis打网球
3.play ping-pong打乒乓球
4.play volleyball打排球5.play basketball打篮球
6.play baseball打棒球
play computer games打电子游戏
8.play games做游戏
play cards打牌 10.play sports=have sports做运动
11tennis racket网球拍
12.ping-pong bat乒乓球拍baseball bat 棒球棒
14.sports club运动俱乐部
15watch TV看电视
16.have an English class上英语课17.be in Class One在一班(读书)
18.every day每天(常用在句末)19.have a great sports collection收藏了大量的体育用品20.on TV在电视上(通过电视播放)
21.on the TV在电视机上(表方位)22.interesting有趣的=fun《反义词》boring无聊的
23.difficult困难的《反义词》relaxing轻松地25.I have a basketball.
我有一个篮球。(肯定句)26.He has a baseball.
他有一个棒球。(肯定句)27I don`t have a tennis ball.
我没有一个网球。(否定句)28.He doesn`t have a ping-pong ball.
他没有一个乒乓球。29.Do you have a soccer ball?
Yes,I do./No,I don`t.Does he have a volleyball?
Yes,he does./No,he doesn`t.31.Let`s play computer games.
我们去打电子游戏吧!(祈使句,动词用原形)32.That sounds good/interesting(fun)/boring/relaxing/difficult.We have many sports clubs:basketball,ping-pong,soccer,and more.He only watches them on TV.
(only修饰动词,常用在动词之前)He has only five basketballs.
(only修饰数词,常用在数词之前)36.She plays sports every day.
她每天做运动。37.He plays basketball and watches TV every day.
(并列动词短语,都用三单线形式)语法知识:一.含有实义动词的句子,句中不能出现be动词,反之,含有be动词的句子,句中也不能出现实义动词。例:The book is on the desk.
We are sister and brother.I need my pen.
They have a set of keys.二.含有实义动词的句子,当主语为非第三人称单数时,动词用原形;而当主语为第三人称单数时,动词要用三单线形式。例:I have a pen.
We take the books to his sister.
They need a map.He has a ping-pong ball.
My father likes English.三.第三人称单数的具体内容。(1)人称代词:he
it (2)指示代词:this
that(3)单一的人名或地名:Mary,Li Yudi,Yang Runfeng,China(中国),Chengdu(4)所有的单数名词:my father, his pen, Jim`s sister, my parent, English, her name(5)表算术的短语:two and two(二加二)
three and six(三加六)四.当主语为第三人称单数时,实义动词的变化规则。(简称“动词的三单线形式”)(1)一般情况,在动词后加-s; (2)以字母s,x,sh,ch结尾的动词加- (3)以字母o结尾的动词也加-es (4)以辅音字母加y结尾的动词,先将y变为i,再加- (5) 以元音字母加y结尾的动词,直接加-s. (6)特殊:have----&has /h?z/ 有
do----&does/dΛz/ 做,干五. 含有实义动词的句子的否定句。规则:1.在句中找到实义动词; 2.再根据主语找到相应的助动词(don`t/doesn`t); 3.将助动词加在实义动词之前;4.如果原句中动词为三单线形式,要将其变回原形。注意:don`t=do not(用于非第三人称单数)
doesn`t=does not(用于第三人称单数)例:(1)I have a pen. ----》 I don`t have a pen.我没有钢笔。(2)They need a map. ----》They don’t need a map.他们不需要地图。(3)He has a ping-pong ball. ----》He doesn`t have a ping-pong ball. 他没有乒乓球。(4)My father likes English. ----》He doesn`t like English. 他不喜欢英语。六. 含有实义动词的句子的一般疑问句以及回答语。规则:1.在句中找到实义动词,再根据主语找到相应的助动词(do/does); 2.将助动词提到句首3.主语紧跟其后;4.其余部分照搬; 5.如果句中含有第一人称,要将其变为相应的第二人称; 6.如果原句中动词为三单线形式,要将其变回原形; 7.在回答时,如果主语并非人称代词,要将其转变为相应的人称代词; 8.后面再加上助动词do/does/don`t/doesn`t。(肯定回答用do或does,否定回答用don`t或doesn`t)注意:do (用于非第三人称单数)
does (用于第三人称单数) don`t=do not(用于非第三人称单数) doesn`t=does not( 例:(1)I have a pen.
我有一支钢笔。
----》Do you have a pen?
你有一支钢笔吗? Yes, I do./No, I don`t.(2)Mary and Jim need a map. 玛丽和吉姆需要一张地图Do Mary and Jim need a map?
Yes, they do./No, they don`t.(3)He has a ping-pong ball.
他有一个乒乓球。 Does he have a ping-pong ball?
Yes, he does./No, he doesn`t.(4)My mother likes English.
我的母亲喜欢英语。Does your mother like English?
Yes, she does./No, she doesn`t.(5)That sounds good.
那听起来很好。Does that sound good?
那听起来很好吗? Yes, it does./No, it doesn`t.(6)Li Ming and I have brothers.
李明和我有兄弟。Do Li Ming and you have brothers?
Yes, we do./No, we don`t.七. 含有实义动词的句子的特殊疑问句。(*补充知识*)规则:1.先根据画线部分找到相应的疑问词,并将其提到句首; 2.再跟据主语找到相应的助动词(do/does),并紧跟其后; 3.再加上主语; 4.剩余部分照搬; 5.如果句中含有第一人称,要将其变为相应的第二人称; 6.如果原句中动词为三单线形式,要将其变回原形。疑问词:how怎样;怎么;如何(对身体状况以及做事的方式提问)what什么;什么样的人 (对事物;姓名;电话号码等提问)
what color什么颜色(对颜色提问)where在哪里(对地点;方位提问) *who谁(对不认识的人提问)
*how old多少岁(对年龄提问 *how much 多少钱;多少(对价钱以及不可数名词的数量提问)例:(1)He has a pen. ----》
What does he have?
他有什么? *how many 多少(对可数名词的数量提问)(2)Mary likes green. ----》What color does Mary like?
玛丽喜欢什么颜色?(3)He has eight tennis rackets. ----》How many tennis rackets does he have?八.祈使句的构成以及用法。定义:用来表示请求、命令的句子叫祈使句。构成:1.祈使句以动词原形开头,一般不用主语(因为祈使句的主语都为第二人称you,故省略主语you);为使语气委婉,显得礼貌,常在句首或句尾加please。例:(1)Spell it,please.=Please spell it.
请拼写它。(2)Sit down,please.=Please sit down.
请坐下。(3)Open your books.=Open your books.
打开你们的书。2.有一种祈使句是以let`s加动词原形构成的,常用来表“建议去做某事”,包括说话人也包括听话人在内,意思为“我们一起去做……吧” 。例:(1)Let`s play basketball.
我们去打篮球吧!(表示说话人邀请所有在场的听话人一起去)(2)Let`s go!
我们走吧!(表示说话人邀请所有在场的听话人一起走)*3.还有一种祈使句是以let us加动词原形开头的,常用来表示“请求别人让自己做某事”,意思为“请让或允许我们去做……吧,不包括听话人在内”。例:(1)Let us play basketball.
让我们去打篮球吧!(表示说话人请求听话人允许自己去打篮球)(2)Let us go. 让我们走吧!(表示说话人请求听话人允许自己走)连词and/but的用法and:和;又;而且;加(算术)。是一个并列连词,用于并列关系,可用来连接单词,短语或句子。例:(1)relaxing and interesting
轻松而有趣的
boring and difficult 无聊而困难的(2)Tom and I are brothers. 汤姆和我是兄弟。(3)He plays basketball and watches TV every day. 他每天打篮球和看电视。(4)His last name is Li and his first name is Hanfeng. 他姓李,名汉峰。注意:如果and连接两个或两个以上并列的动词短语,且句子主语为第三人称单数时,每个动词短语都应当用三单线形式。(如上面例2)but:但是。是一个转折连词,用于转折关系,也常用来连接单词,短语或句子。例:(1)relaxing but boring 轻松但无聊的
interesting but difficult 有趣但困难的(2)He has a great sports collection,but he doesn`t play sports
他收藏了大量的体育用品,但他不并做运动。 every day 的用法。注意:every day 意思为“每天”,是一个表频率的短语;常用在句末,但也可用在句首,用在句首时,其后要加上逗号。例:He watches TV every day.
他每天看电视。
=Every day,he watches TV....and more 的用法。注意:...and more 意思为“......等等”,常用在并列的词后面。例:(1)I like English,math,Chinese and more. 我喜欢英语,数学和语文等等。(2)We have many sports clubs:basketball,ping-pong,soccer,and more.十二.表数量的词some 和many的用法。注意:1.some:意思为“一些,若干”。用来修饰可数名词或不可数名词,且常用于肯定句,不能用于否定句(如下例1);偶尔可以用于疑问句,表示希望得到对方的肯定回答(如下例3);在否定句和疑问句中要将其变为“any”(如下例2)。例:(1)He has some apples(苹果) and milk(牛奶). 他有一些苹果和牛奶。(2)He doesn`t have any apples or milk.
他没有一些苹果和牛奶。(3)Can you bring some things to school?
你能带一些东西到学校来吗?2.many:意思为“大量的,许多”。只能用来修饰可数名词的复数(如下例1);修饰不可数名词要用“much”(如下例2).例:(1)I have many friends.
我有许多朋友。
(2)He has much milk.
他有许多牛奶。 十三.人称代词主格和宾格的用法。注意:人称代词主格在句中作主语,而宾格在句中作宾语;be动词,情态动词以及实义动词之前的称之为主语,应该用主格,其余的常用宾格。I我(主格)《----》me我(宾格)
you你(主格)《----》you你(宾格)
he他(主格)《----》him他(宾格) she她(主格)《----》her她(宾格)it它 (主格)《----》it它(宾格)we我们(主格)《----》us我们(宾格) you你们(主格)《----》you你们(宾格) they他们,她们,它们(主格)《----》them他们,她们,它们(宾格) 例:(1) He likes her.
他喜欢她。 (2) Please call me at 138-.
请拨打138-找我。 (3) Let us play volleyball,please! 请让(允许)我们打排球吧 (4) He has many balls,but he doesn`t play them.
他有许多球,但他从不打它们。 (5) He only watches them on TV.
他只在电视上看它们。(6) They are in the bedroom.
他们在寝室里面。Unit 6 Do you like bananas?1. ―Do you like oranges? 你喜欢桔子吗?―Yes, I do. (P31) 是的,我喜欢。like意为“喜欢”,“喜爱”,用作及物动词,后面可跟三种结构:1) like somebody or something 表示“喜欢某人或某事”。如: I like him very much. 我非常喜欢他。He doesn’t like salad. 他不喜欢沙拉。2) like to do something or doing something 表示“喜欢做某事”。如We like playing basketball. 我们喜欢打篮球。 The boy likes to play computer games. 那男孩喜欢玩电脑游戏。表示爱好或经常性的情况时,多用like doing something,表示一次性或尚未发生的动作或对某次具体活动爱好时,用like to do something。如: He likes playing football, but he doesn’t like to play football today. 他喜欢踢足球,但他不喜欢今天下午踢足球。3) like somebody to do something 表示“喜欢某人去做某事”。如: Miss Wang likes us to ask her questions in class. 王老师喜欢我们在课堂上问她问题。2. ―Let’s have French fries. 我们吃炸薯条吧。―Oh, no. I don’t like. (P32) 哦,不,我不喜欢。动词have意为“吃”,“喝”,是实义动词。如: We have breakfast at seven. 我们七点钟吃早饭。I don’t have coffee in the evening. 晚上我不喝咖啡。注意:have 作此义解时,变成疑问句和否定句时必须用助动词do。试译:你每天在家吃中饭吗?误:Have you lunch at home every day?正:Do you have lunch at home every day?3. Runner eats well! (P35) 赛跑选手吃得好!1)辨析:eat 或have:eat 与have 都可以表示“吃”的意思,有时两者可互换。如: I eat (have) an apple every day. 我每天吃一个苹果。 They are having (eating) their lunch. 他们在吃中饭。eat 可用作不及物动词,后面不跟宾语。如: We eat at noon. 我们在中午吃饭。I am very strong and healthy because I eat well every day. 我很结实、健康,因为我每天都吃得好。注意:“吃药”习惯说have(take) medicine,不说eat medicine。试译:一天吃三次药。误:Eat medicine three times a day.正:Take(Have) medince three times a day.2) well 或good:两者都可以表示“好”的意思。well是副词,用于修饰动词。如:Tom speaks English well. 汤姆的英语说得好。He draws well. 他画得好。well也可用作形容词,意为“健康的”,“身体好”。如: He is quite well. 他身体好。I hope you are well. 希望你身体好。good是形容词,用作定语或表语。如: She is a good doctor. 她是个好医生。4. Running star Sandra eats lots of healthy food. (P35) 赛跑明星桑德拉?克拉克吃许多健康食品。1) lots of=a lot of意为“许多”,“大量”,常用在肯定句中,既可修饰可数名词的复数形式,又可以修饰不可数名词。修饰可数名词复数时,相当于many,修饰不可数名词时,相当于much。如:I have lots of English books.
我有许多英语书。He has lots of rice every day. 他每天吃许多米饭。2) healthy food意为“健康食品”。food泛指“食物”,“食品”,通常用做不可数名词。如:He likes English food? 他喜欢英国食品We should eat healthy food every day. 我们每天应该吃健康食品。指“一种食物”或“各种各样的食物”时可以是可数名词。如: Milk is a good food. 牛奶是一种好食品。
Too many sweet foods, like cakes and pastry, may make you fat. 太多的甜食,像蛋糕和点心,可能会使你发胖。5. For breakfast, Tom likes eggs, oranges and bananas. (P35) 早餐汤姆喜欢吃鸡蛋、桔子和香蕉。“like(have) + 食品+for+某餐”是固定句型,表示“某餐喜欢(吃)……”,此句可改为: Tom likes eggs, oranges and bananas for breakfast.介词for意为“就……而言”,“对于”。如:―What do you like for lunch? 午餐你喜欢什么?―I like hamburgers and salad for lunch. 午餐我喜欢汉堡包和沙拉。Her little son usually has meat and rice for supper. 晚餐她的小儿子通常吃肉和米饭。练习:根据首字母,用适当的词补全下列对话。A: Hello, Tom! Do you like apples?B: Yes, I d_____. How about you?A: I like apples. And my father a_____likes apples. Does your father like apples?B: No, he doesn’t. He likes oranges and bread f_____ breakfast. How about your father?A: He likes chicken and milk.B: H _____ does your mother eat every day?A: Oh! She eats w_____ every day. She eats l_____ of healthy food. She h_____ eggs, milk and vegetables.B: Does she like carrots?A: Yes, she does. But she d_____ likes dessert. Do you like dessert?B: No, I don’t.Key: Unit 6 H doesn’tUnit 7知识点总结重点、难点:1. Learn to ask about prices . 学习询问物品价格
询问物品的价格,要用
How much is / are … ?
例如:(1)-How much is the hat ? 那顶帽子多少钱?
-It’s six dollars .(2)-How much are these shorts ? 这条短裤多少钱?-They’re 3 dollars .(3)-How much is the red sweater ? 那件红毛衣多少钱?
-It’s twelve dollars .(4)-How much are those pants ? 那条裤子多少钱?
-They are thirteen dollars .dollar n. 美元表示货币的词还有:pound(英镑),mark(马克),franc(法郎)等,还有人民币中的元(yuan)、角(jiao)、分(fen)。The book is 10 dollars. 这本书10美元。These glasses are 20 pounds. 这眼镜20镑。My shirt is only 35 yuan. 我的衬衫才35元。注:人民币中的元(yuan)、角(jiao)、分(fen)一般用原形,而不加s2. how much “多少”(1)how much 用来询问物品价格。
How much is it ? 那东西多少钱?(2)how much 还可用来询问数量多少,但后面多跟不可数名词。a. How much milk do you have every day ?
每天你喝多少牛奶?b. How much chocolate do you want to buy ?
你想要多少巧克力?3. socks , shorts , pants , shoes
这四个词通常是以复数的形式出现。socks 袜子(两只shorts 短裤,short 就没有“短裤”的意思。shoes 鞋子(两只)pants 裤子
因此在询问价格时,我们说*另外,当我要表达一双袜子,一条裤子等时,We saya pair of socks
a pair of shorts
a pair of shoes
a pair of pants注意:当提问a pair of socks / shorts / …多少钱时,我们说
-How much is a pair of socks ?
-It’s ….5. Ask about the colors . 询问物品的颜色。-What color is your hat ? 你的帽子是什么颜色?
-White . 白色。-What color do you want ? 你想要什么颜色?
-Purple . 紫色。6. -Can I help you ?
-Yes , please . I want ….
这是典型的在商店中购物时说的交际用语。Can I help you ? 您想买什么吗?/您需要什么服务吗?
Yes , please . “是的,请。”也是非常礼貌地回答。另外,在各种服务场所,工作人员都要对顾客说Can I help you ?/May I help you ?有时也可说What can I do for you ?7. -I’ll take it . Thank you .
-You’re welcome .(1)I’ll take it . “我要买这件东西”
I’ll take them . 有时,根据物品的不同,也可能用them.同样,我们决定买东西时,也可以说:
I’ll buy it / them . (2)Thank you . 表示对服务人员的工作表示感谢。
也可说Thanks !
(3)You’re welcome . 别客气。是对thank you 的回答。 例如:
a. -Thank you for your help .
-You’re welcome .
b. -Thanks for your watch .
-You’re welcome .8. You name it , we have it , at a very good price .name 这里意思是“说出…的名字”
at 这里意思是“以…”
at a very good price “以一个非常优惠的价格。”价格合理price n. 价钱;价格(at)a high/low/fair price一个高/低/公平的价I can buy this CD at a low price. 我能以低价买这张CD。9. We have sweaters in all colors at ¥ 50 each .
我们有50元一件的各种颜色的毛衣。We have T-shirts in red green and black .
我们有红色、绿色、黑色的T-shirts .注意:在表示颜色的词前要用介词in表示“…颜色的”例如:Look at the lady in white . 看那个穿白色衣服的女士。
have a look at …
看一看…look在这里是名词“看”“瞧”,have a look相当于动词look,这样的词还有:have a rest=rest(休息),have a try=try(试一试)等。May I have a look at your new dictionary ?
Have a look at yourself .
Let me have a look at your photo .
sale n. 卖;出售在本单元中sale表示的是:“降价/廉价出售”。另外,我们在一些小店里常可以看到写有“On Sale”的牌子,这是表示“该物品降价出售”。4.Here’s…你要的东西在这儿。如:Here’s your sweater. 这是你的毛衣。Here are your books. 这些是你的书。Unit 8 When is your birthday ?一、序数词包含各类专业文献、中学教育、生活休闲娱乐、行业资料、文学作品欣赏、幼儿教育、小学教育、外语学习资料、19Unit_5_Do_you_have_a_soccer_ball单元知识总结等内容。 
 Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball?单元知识总结重点短语及句子 1.play 用法: 在球类名词前不加冠词, 表示 “打/踢” 。如: play football/basketball/...  Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball单元知识总结_初一英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball?单元知识总结 单元知识总结重点短语及句...  七上Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball单元知识总结_英语_初中教育_教育专区。Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball?单元知识总结重点短语及句子 play 与不同的...  很好的知识总结很好的知识总结隐藏&& Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball? △词汇:1.球类名词小结 soccer ball 英式足球 ping-pong ball 乒乓球 tennis 网球 ...  Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball知识点_初一英语_英语_初中教育_教育专区。Unit 5 Do you have a soccer ball?单元知识总结重点短语及句子 1.踢足球(打球...  七年级上册5~8单元知识点总结_英语_初中教育_教育专区。七上知识点 5-8 单元总结 Unit5 Do you have a soccer ball? 词法:各种球类的表达以及动作和搭配 如...  英语下册各单元知识点总结 Unit 1 Can you play ...volleyball/football/tennis/badminton play 非乐器类...have to do 不得不做 too many+名词复数; too ...  各单元知识点总结 Unit 1 Can you play the ...volleyball/football/tennis/badminton (英式足球 / ...have to do 不得不做 too many+名词复数; too ...From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Joder" redirects here. For the community in Nebraska, see .
This article has multiple issues. Please help
or discuss these issues on the .
This article needs additional citations for . Please help
by . Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (August 2010)
This article needs attention from an expert on the subject. Please add a reason or a talk parameter to this template to explain the issue with the article. Consider
with a . (May 2009)
This article is a summary of Spanish , referred to in the
as lenguaje soez (low language), maldiciones (curse words), malas palabras (bad words), insultos (insults), vulgaridades (vulgarities), palabrotas (lit.: "big words"), tacos (in Spain), palabras sucias (dirty words in ), lisuras (in ), puteadas (in Peru, ,
and ), bardeos (in Argentina), desvergue in , groserías, majaderías or maldiciones in , garabatos (gibberish or shootings/firings in Chile), plebedades (plebe talk) in the
or groserías (impolite words or acts). Spanish profanity varies in Spanish-speaking nations, and even in regions of the same nation. Several of these words have linguistic and historical significance.
expressions, particularly profanity, are not always directly translatable into other languages, and so most of the English translations offered in this article are very rough and most likely do not reflect the full meaning of the expression they intend to translate.
Many Spanish-language profanity words used in Mexico begin with the letter "p".
The following words are indicative of a variety of sexual acts, especially
and , though mostly limited to specific geographic regions.
chingar—originating from the
verb txingartu, meaning "to burn with coal" or from
word ?ingarár, meaning "to fight." In the work , it was famously applied to , the mistress of .
follar—used particularly in Spain and to a lesser extent in Cuba, but rarely found elsewhere. Follar literally means "to blow air with the bellows" and probably refers to panting during sex.
remojar el cochayuyo (lit.: to soak the )—used in Chile The expression alludes to the cochayuyo algae that is harvested on Chile's coast. The algae is preserved by sun-drying. To be used for cooking, it then needs to be softened by soaking in water.
Cojón (plural cojones) is slang for "testicle" and may be used as a synonym for "guts" or "[having] what it takes," hence making it equivalent to English
A common expression in Spain is anything to the effect of hace lo que le sale de los cojones ("does whatever comes out of his/her balls"), meaning "does whatever the fuck he/she wants". Variations are sale de los huevos, sale de las pelotas, etc. A common
catchphrase is los de Bilbao nacemos donde nos sale de los cojones ("we
natives are born wherever the fuck we want").
Sometimes, to denote obnoxious or overbearing behavior from someone else, idiom tocar los cojones/huevos/pelotas/ … ("to touch someone else's balls") comes to play. For instance: Venga, dame eso y para ya de tocarme los cojones ("Come on, give me that and stop bothering me.") It can sometimes be an understatement: A principios de los treinta, los nazis ya empezaban a tocar los cojones (meaning, roughly, "At the beginning of the 1930s, the Nazis were already being an annoyance.").
It is also frequent to derive other words, such as adjectival form cojonudo (lit.: "ballsy"), indicating admiration. A famous
has this name.
It is sometimes used, at least in Spain, as a suffix, complement or termination to a word or name in order to confer it a derisive or overbearing quality. For instance: el Marcos de los cojones ("That fucking guy Marcos"), ?Dame ya la maleta de los cojones! ("Give me the fucking suitcase why don't you!") However, it is more common to use "de cojones" as a superlative, as in Es bajo de cojones ("He's short as hell" or "He's short as fuck").
The phrases me importa un cojón or me importa un huevo mean "I don't give a fuck about" In alternative variations one would raise the number, usually to three: me importa tres cojones.
Cojones alone can also be used much like the four-word exclamations, it is frequently a giveaway for native Catalan speakers when they speak Spanish, as collons is used much more profusely in situations akin to those for "fuck" or "shit".
Tocarse los cojones/los huevos/las pelotas/las peras (lit. "to touch one's own balls") stands for idleness or laziness. The fact that this is not a well-known expression in the United States may have been the excuse, according to some sources, for the April 2011 dismissal of a
Spanish senior lecturer, . In Chile, the preferred expression is rascarse las huevas (lit. "to scratch one's own balls").
Carajo (lit.: "") is used in Spain in reference to the penis.[] In Latin America (except Chile), it is a commonly used generic interjection similar to "fuck!" "shit!" or "damn it!" in English. For example: Nos vamos a morir, ?carajo! ("We're gonna die, fuck!") or a far away place, likened to : ?Vete al carajo!.
In Argentina, the term "Vamos Carajo" was used in
advertising in advance of the
as a statement or cheer that an Argentine supporter would use to urge their team to victory.
The diminutive carajito is used in the Dominican Republic and Venezuela to refer to (usually annoying) children, or to scold someone for acting immaturely, e.g., No actúes como un carajito ("Don't act like a little dick!").[]
Caray is a mild minced oath for this word. Ay caray could be translated "Dang it" or "Darn it!" The word caracho is also considered mild like caray.[]
Bicho (lit.: "bug", "baitworm") is one of the most commonly used references to the penis in Puerto Rico. It is similar to the much less commonly used word pinga. In most other regions it is a non-vulgar reference to an insect or several species of small animals.
In Venezuela, it can be used as an interjection. In El Salvador, it is commonly used as the slang equivalent of "kids". In Nicaragua, and some parts of Costa Rica, bicho is used to reference the vagina. In Spain and the Dominican Republic, Mexico and many other Spanish speaking countries it refers to people (both male and female) who are a negative influence on others, often used as mal bicho ("bad bug"). When applied to children, it can mean one who is misbehaving.
Huevos (literally: ""), pelotas (literally: "balls"), bolas (literally: "balls"), peras (literally: "pears"), and albóndigas (literally: ) all refer to
in a profane manner. They are equivalent to cojones in many situations. In Mexico, the word is not used in a potentially instead, one may use the inoffensive blanquillos (literally: "little white ones").
Sometimes the words lavahuevos ("egg-washer") or lamehuevos ("egg-licker") are used in the same context as "brown-noser" (meaning ambitious and self-effacing) in English.
Highly offensive Dominican insults involving this term are mamagüevo/mamagüevos ("egg-sucker") and mamagüevazo ("huge egg-sucker"). Mamagüevo is also used in Venezuela where it is considered less offensive.
Huevada/Huevá (lit.: "covered in egg") is used in Chile, Ecuador, and Peru in reference to objects ("?Qué huevá más grande!" may translate to "What an annoyance!"). Shortened forms huevá or even weá are usually intended to be less offensive. Many expressions using cojones in other countries are used in Chile with huevas replacing the former word. There's also a local expression: "?Me hai visto las weas?" (lit. "Have you taken a look at my testicles?") means "How much of a fool do you think I am?".
?ema (a corruption of yema, meaning "yolk") refers to the . The word mama?ema is functionally similar to mamagüevo.
Pelotas can have another meaning when it comes to nudity. "Andar en pelotas" means to walk about stark naked.
Verga (lit.: a ""—a part of a ship's
that holds the sails) occurs in a number of , including Portuguese and Italian.
In Venezuela it can be used as a vulgar generic filler, as well as a boastful self-reference (similar to the English "That shit" or "I'm the shit"). For example, ?Soy bien verga! (lit.: "I'm very dick!") means "I'm very good at it!", and ?Soy la verga andando! (lit.: "I'm the walking dick!") means "I'm the best that there is!"
In Mexico it refe "Te voy a meter la verga" means "I'm going to insert my penis in you"; referring to somebody else, "Le metió la verga" or "se la metió" means "he fucked her" or "he fucked him" which may be the literal meaning, or more likely, it means that in a business, he got away with what he wanted for little money.
A common expression in Mexico is ?Vete a la verga!, meaning "Get the fuck out of here!" In Mexico can be used as difficult or impossible: ?Está de la verga!, "This is very difficult!"
In , it also refers to a state of drunkenness as in ?Está bien a verga!, meaning "He's drunk as Hell!" or "He's shit-faced!". In
it can also be used with an ironically positive connotation as in ?Se ve bien vergón! or ?Está bien vergón!, which means "It looks great!"
In Honduras, the expression no vale ni verga is used as a vulgar form of no vale la pena, meaning "it's not worth it".
In Nicaragua, the expression "?A la verga!" means "Screw it!" which is used in Honduras also.
In the United States, the variant "a la verga" or "a la ver" for short, is very common in northern New Mexico, and is used frequently as an exclamatory expletive.[]
Polla (lit.: "female pollo", i.e.:
or hen) is used in Spain, Nicaragua, El Salvador and to a lesser extent in Puerto Rico. It is also used to mean a (young) female (similar to "chick"). Some years ago, in Costa Rica, the term jupa de pollo ("head of a chicken") was popular slang for "penis". The term todo el jupa de pollo was a popular way to say "the whole shebang", "the full Monty" or "it's complete now".[]
In Spain, to say that something, especially a situation or an arrangement, is la polla is to have a high opinion of it. Esto es la polla. El hotel está al lado de la playa y además es muy barato means "This is fucking great. The hotel is close to the beach and it's cheap, too."[]
Polla in Spain also means penis.[]
Huevón (lit.: "great egg")/Ahueonao/Ahuevoneado/Ahuevado (lit.: "one who has/was gifted large huevos)/Boludo (lit.: "one who has large bolas") is a strong personal reference in many Latin American countries. At times it can be used as an ironic term of endearment, especially in Chile and Panama, the same way as dude or "dawg" in North America (much like bue in Mexico), comparably with Greek . For example, in Chile one would understand a sentence like Puta el huevón huevón, huevón. as "Fuck! That guy is an asshole, dude."
In Mexico, huevón is a pejorative term that usually translates as "". In Mexico, Panama and El Salvador it can be loosely translated as "couch potato." One may also say tengo hueva, meaning "I'm feeling lazy." In the Dominican Republic, Peru and Venezuela, güevón/güebón is the preferred form. In Venezuela, it is pronounced more like güevón and, often, ueón. In Chile, the preferred form to use is huevón (often shortened to hueón or weón) and ahuevonado/aweonao. In Panama, awebao is the popular form, and a good example of the clipping of consonants (and sometimes vowels) in informal Spanish. In Argentina boludo can be used by young people as a culturally appropriated term of endearment (?cómo andás, boludo? = how do you do, pal?), but it can also mean "slacker", "idiot", etc. In Chile and in the
region of Ecuador Ni cagando, huevón is a phrase commonly used among youth meaning "Don't even think about it" or "Absolutely not". In Mexico, Tenga huevos translates as "Have some balls". For example one can hear a Mexican say No corras, ten huevos which means "Don't run away, have some balls".
is famous for its absurd amount of alternate names and
for the penis. These range from the inoffensive (pito (lit. ""), diuca (after a )), through vulgar (pichula, pico) and euphemistic (cabeza de bombero (lit. "'s head"), dedo sin u?a ("nail-less finger")) to markedly euphemistic and humorous ("taladro de carne" (lit. "meat "), "cíclope llorón" (lit. "crying "), "chacal de las zorras" (lit. " ", in the sense of the jackal being a relentless predator), et cetera).
Something similar happens in . From the classic "pito" or "pirulín" (a cone-shaped lollipop), which are innocent and even used by children, you can go all the way to the most vulgar ways as "pija", "verga" (lit. ""), "choto/chota" (after "chotar" which means "to suck"), "porongo/poronga" (a "", which is also used to craft ""), "", "salchicha/chorizo" (two kind of ), "pedazo" (lit. "piece"), "garcha" (also used as the verb garchar, which means "to fuck"), "palanca de cambios" (), "", "bombilla de cuero" (lit. "leathery ". Bombillas are used for drinking mate by sucking into them), etc. Among young people, almost every word can be turned into mean "dick": -"?Me pasás el encendedor?" -"?Acá tengo un encendedor para vos!" (-"Can you give me the lighter?" -"I have a lighter for you right here!").
Concha (lit.: " shell" or "inner ear") is an offensive word for a woman's vulva or vagina (i.e. something akin to English ) in Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Mexico. In the rest of Latin America and Spain however, the word is only used with its literal meaning. In such regions, it is commonly heard in the phrase ?(La) concha (de) tu madre! ("The cunt of your mother"), which may be used as an expression of surprise or grief, or as a highly disrespectful insult. The contracted term conchatumadre/conchetumadre is very common and extremely offensive in Chile as well.
In Mexico concha, which is used in its literal meaning, is also a type of sweet bread, round conch-shaped and covered in sugar, as well as having the aforementioned meaning and is offensive when used in said context. In Spain and Mexico, "Concha" is a common name for females (corruption of Concepción). Also in Puerto Rico there is a popular hotel called
(The Seashell). Key West, Florida also has a famous hotel named .
Chucha/?Chuchamadre! and ?Chucha de tu madre! are Panamanian, Chilean, Ecuadorian, Peruvian or southern Colombian equivalents. Random examples and expressions: Vení, oleme la chucha ("Come and sniff my pussy"), ??ndate a la chucha! (roughly "Fuck off").
Chocha (or chocho) employed term for "pussy" predominantly in Cuba, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Spain, Mexico, Venezuela, and Dominican Republic. In the Spanish province of
is also used choto (var. chotera, chotaco) in the same sense. The word is a
as it is also synonymous with "senile" when used as "He/she is chocho/chocha". In Chile, the word is used to mean "happy", and is for example, the sentence "La abuelita quedó chocha con el regalo que le dí" means "Granny was happy with the gift I gave her".
In Venezuela, chocha is also a type of round seed or a particular type of bird
(from the Latin cunnus) is a vulgar word for a woman's
or vagina. It is frequently translated as "" but is considered less offensive (it is much more common to hear the word co?o on Spanish television than the word cunt on British television, for example).
In Puerto Rico, Spain, Venezuela, Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republic and Panama it is amongst the most popular of curse words. The word is frequently used as an interjection, expressing surprise, anger or frustration. It is also common to use the expression ?Pero qué co?o? to mean "What the fuck?"
Its usage was so common among Spaniards and Spanish-Filipino mestizos living in the Philippines that
In Ecuador and Chile it means stingy, tight-fisted, although in the latter country the variation co?ete is becoming more common.
In Mexico and the Philippines, panocha refers generally to sweet breads or cakes, or, more specifically, to a raw, coarse form of sugar produced there. It is also a fudge made with brown sugar, butter, cream or milk, and nuts (). In
it means a . In the southwestern United States (and northern Mexico and some places in Cuba), however, it often refers to the female genitalia. Use of this word has been known to cause embarrassment among Mexicans from Mexico and their American-born relatives.
The word is a combination of penuche and panoja meaning "ear of corn", from the Latin panicula (from whence comes the English word "panicle"—pyramidal, loosely branched flower cluster).
Cuca (short for cucaracha, lit.: "cockroach") is used in Honduras, Guatemala, Venezuela, southeastern México and Colombia. Slightly milder than co?o, and is almost inoffensive in the Dominican Republic.
In the Dominican Republic it is a common term for a parrot.
In Chile it is criminal slang for . In general, it is used to refer to something considered scary.
It is also an inoffensive word for penis that many children use in Spain. It also has a slightly archaic use in Spain.
In Latin America it may describe a congenial, outgoing person with a gift for flattery ("Julia is very cuca") or ("E look at all the friends he has.").
In Nicaragua and in the Canary Islands, it is used as slang for "penis."
It is often the diminutive of the name María del Refugio.
Culo is the most commonly used Spanish word for "ass." In El Salvador and Honduras, culero ("one who uses the culo") refers to a male homosexual, while In Mexico it refers to an unjust, unkind, aggressive or insensitive person likened to the connotation provided by the word asshole but usually more offensive. Vete a tomar por el culo ("Go and take it in the ass") is an expression used in Spain, it is like Vete a la mierda but more offensive.
In , culo is considered offensive (as it sounds very much like culear); poto is used instead.
culo or culito are almost innocent words, though they can also be considered vulgar depending on the context. Expressions like en el culo del mundo (lit. "in the ass of the world"), en la loma del culo (lit. "In the ass hill"), which mean "too far away" or cara de culo (lit. "ass face", used to describe an unpleasant face expression) are regularly used.
culo is used in to construct slang terms and phrases which range from slightly inappropriate to offensive but commonly used regardless. Cara de culo (ass face) refers to an unattractive person especially when the person in question has a round face with protruding cheeks. Culo del mundo (asshole of the world) and casa del culo (ass house) mean far away e.g. Vivo por casa del culo/en el culo del mundo lit. I live by ass house/in the asshole of the world. Culear means to have sexual intercourse—the same as
in its literal meaning— but does not imply anal sex. Culito (little ass) is used by younger men to refer to women it is also used to refer to the buttocks in an inappropriate but affectionate way. Culo de botella (bottle ass) refers to thick eyeglasses. ?Ponte placa en el culo! (put a license plate on your ass!) is a phrase yelled by motorists at pedestrians who are standing or walking in the middle of the road, particularly in heavy traffic. Recular means to go on reverse while estacionarse/parquearse de recula means to reverse park. Culillo means fear while culilloso/a refers to someone who gets scared easily. Hablar hasta por el culo (To talk out of the ass)—a local, impolite variant of the well-known frase Hablar hasta por los codos (to talk through the elbows)—refers to som this variant is used to refer to a person in a negative way (as in "He/she won't shut up") while Hablar hasta por los codos does not necessarily imply annoyance.
Fundillo/Fundío—heard in Mexico and the southwestern United States as an obscene term specifically for the human . It carries about the same weight as the American usages of the words "(someone's) asshole" or "the crack of (someone's) ass." Fundío refers literally to the
and is not used as a personal insult. For example, ?Métetelo en fundío! (or in Mexico, Métetelo por el fundillo) is an expression of reproach. ("Shove it up your ass!") The variant fondillo is also found in Puerto Rico and Cuba. In the Dominican Republic, the milder term fullín and the very offensive cieso may also be used.
Ojete (lit.: "eyelet")—refers to the anus in some countries, and also is used to mean "asshole": Se portó para el ojete conmigo ("He was a really bad person with me", or "He was an asshole to me"). A popular obscene
in Mexico among schoolchildren is OGT; when the letters are pronounced in Spanish, they sound like ojete. In , "ojete" and also its synonyms culo and orto can all be used to mean "good luck": "?Qué ojete tiene ese tipo!" (He's such a lucky guy!), "Ganó de puro ojete!" (He won just because he was so terribly lucky).
Orto (a euphemism for "recto", that is rectum, from Latin ortus, as both rectum and orto are Latin words that mean "straight". Although due to its lower class origin it is also believed (and more likely) to be the
form of roto, which means "broken", for "culo roto".)—in Argentina, Uruguay, and Chile, refers to buttocks (as either an object of appreciation or disgust): "Qué tremendo orto tiene esa mina" (in praise of a woman's buttocks), "Qué cara de orto" ("What an ugly/bitter/moody face"); or luck—either good or bad. "Me fue para el orto" and "Me fue como el orto." mean "I had an awfully bad luck on that". "Tiene un orto que no se puede creer" may mean "He/She is incredibly lucky" but can also be an appraisal of a someone's derrier, depending on context.
Cagar also in
is a verb meaning "to shit." It also means to screw (something) up, e.g. ?Te cagaste los pantalones! ("You shit your pants!"). Particularly in Spain and Cuba, there are a number of commonly used interjections incorporating this verb, many of which refer to shitting on something sacred, e.g. Me cago en Dios ("I shit on God"), Me cago en la Virgen ("I shit on the Virgin"), Me cago en la hostia ("I shit on the "), Me cago en el copón ("I shit in the "), Me cago en tu madre ("I take a shit on your mother"), Cágate en tu madre ("Take a shit on your mother"), ?Me cago en la leche! ("I take a shit in your [bad] milk!"). "Me cago en el co?o de tu madre" (Lit: I shit in your mother's cunt) is the strongest offense among Cubans. In Cuba, to soften the word in social gatherings, the "g" is substituted by the "s". See below.
In Venezuela, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Cuba, Chile and Panama it also means to make a big mistake or damage something i.e. fuck something up, e.g.: La cagaste (lit.: "you shat on it") or "Nos van a cagar." ("They're going to fuck us"). In Argentina and Chile, it can also mean "you screwed" or "scolded" somebody (e.g.: Te cagaste a ese cabrón, "You took a shit on that guy"). In Panama "la cagada" ("the shit") refers to something or someone that makes everything else go wrong or the one detail that is wrong about something (and is thus the complete opposite of the American slang the shit); e.g., Ese man es la cagada ("That dude is the shit" i.e. a fuck up/fucks everything up), La cagada aqui es el tranque ("Traffic jams are the shit here" i.e. are fucked up, fuck this place/everything up).
In Mexico City it may be used ironically to refer to a fortunate outcome: Te cagaste ("You really shat on yourself") or an unfortunate outcome such as Estás cagado meaning "you're fucked".
In Chile and Cuba, cagado ("full of shit") means "stingy" or "miserly". It can also mean "depressed" in some contexts ("Está cagado porque la polola lo pateó." translates as "He's depressed because his girlfriend dumped him.").
Mierda is a noun meaning "shit." However, phrases such as Vete a la mierda (literally: "Go to (the) shit") would translate as "Go fuck yourself."
In Cuba, comemierda (shit-eater) refers to a clueless idiot, someone absurdly pretentious, or someone out of touch with his or her surroundings. Ex. "que comemierderia" (how stupid), "comerán mierda?" (are they stupid or what?) or "vamos a prestar atención y dejar de comer mierda" (Let's pay attention and stop goofing off). It is also used in both countries to describe someone who is "stuffy" and unnecessarily formal. In Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic comemierda refers solely to a snobbish person, while in Panama it refers to someone who is both snobbish and mean and/or hypocritical.
In Peru, irse a la mierda or estar hecho mierda can also mean "to be drunk as Hell." However, in Mexico, Cuba and Chile estar hecho mierda means to be very exhausted.
In northern Mexico and the southwestern United States (particularly California), the phrase mierda de toro(s) (literally "shit from bull(s)") is used often as a Spanish translation of
in response to what is seen by the Spanish speaker as perceived nonsense.
It is also used generally to describe anything that is vexing or unpleasant, such as tiempo de mierda ("shitty weather") or auto de mierda ("piece-of-shit car"). A less common use is as a translation of the British profanity "". The
miércoles (Wednesday) and eme (the letter ) are sometimes used as .
Caca is a mild word used mostly by children, loosely comparable to the English "poop" or "doo-doo." Comecaca is functionally similar to comemierdas.
'Mojon' A term originally meaning a little marker of the name of the street or a particular place in a road, it later went into general use to refer to a turd and thus becam it is used freely as a substitute. In Cuba, the term "comemojones" is frequently used instead of "comemierda"; "Es un mojón." ("He's a piece of shit.") is also commonly used in said country.
Maricón (lit.: "big Mary" [see below for explanation]) and its derivative words marica and marico are words used for referring to a man as a gay, or for criticizing someone for doing something that, according to stereotypes, only a gay person would do (marica was originally the diminutive of the very common female name María del Carmen, a usage that has been lost). The suffix is -on is often added to nouns to intensify their meaning.
Derivatives of marica/maricón:
maricona—used in southern Spain to refer to a , in an often humorous manner. Elsewhere, maricona refers to a lesbian. In Cuba it is used in a friendly manner among gays.
mariquita (diminiuitive of marica)—means a wimp or sissy in Spain. For example, ?Eres una mariquita!, means "You're a pussy!" It also means . In Cuba, however, the term refers both to a dish of fried
and to being gay.
marimacha (combination of maricon and macha)—an insult common in Peru, Chile and Cuba, usually referring to lesbians or to women trying to do something seen as a males-only activity. It is considered offensive as mari prolongs the original insult macha. In Colombia, Macha is the feminine form of macho and thus refers to a tomboy (it is not really an insult, but more of a derogatory way to describe a masculine/unlady-like girl).
maricueca (combination of maricon and cueca (female cueco, see below))—used in Chile
mariconzón (combination of maricón and colizón) In Cuba, a slang term of affection among gays.
mariposa (lit.: "butterfly")—used as a minced oath. The word mariposón ("big ol' butterfly") may also be used.
Manflor (combination of the English loanword "man" and the word flor meaning "flower") and its variant manflora (a play on manflor using the word ) are used in Mexico and in the US to refer, usually pejoratively, to a homosexual female or . (In Eastern Guatemala, the variation mamplor is used.) It is used in very much the same way as the English word "." For example: Oye, güey, n todos ya saben que es monflora. ("Hey, dude, don' everyone knows she's a dyke."). It can be used as an ironic term of endearment between friends, especially within the gay and lesbian communities.
Many terms offensive to homosexuals imply spreading, e.g.: the use of wings to fly.
bugarrón/bufarrón/bujarrón/bujarra—used in the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and Spain. In Cuba, the expression "bugarrón y bugarra" refers to a "macho" man fucking gays. It is originated from
bougre and it is also
to "bugger" in English.
invertido (lit.: "inverted"). A term ubiquitously used in old times to avoid the strong word "maricón". It was the official word used by the regime of Spanish dictator
in Spain[].
With Spanish being a
language, one's sexuality can be challenged with a gender-inapproriate adjective, much as in English one might refer to an effeminate male identified person as her. Some words referring to a male homosexual end in an "a" but have the masculine article "el"—a deliberate grammatical violation. For example, although maricona refers to females, it may also be used as a compounded offensive remark towards a homosexual male, and vice versa.[]
Pendejo (according to the , lit.: "a pubic hair' is, according to the
poet , "basically describes someone who is stupid or does something stupid." Burciaga said that the word is often used while not in polite conversation. It may be translated as "dumbass" or "asshole" in many situations, though it carries an extra implication of willful incompetence, or innocent gullibility that's ripe for others to exploit. The less extreme meaning, which is used in most Spanish speaking countries, translates more or less as "jackass."
Burciaga said that pendejo "is probably the least offensive" of the various Spanish profanity words beginning in "p," but that calling someone a pendejo is "stronger" than calling someone estúpido. Burciaga said "Among friends it can be taken lightly, but for others it is better to be angry enough to back it up."
In Mexico, "pendejo" most commonly refers to a "fool", "idiot" or "asshole". In Mexico there are many proverbs that refer to pendejos.
In the American film , Joe Bauers's () brainless lawyer () is named Frito Pendejo.
Burciaga says that the
word putz "means the same thing" as pendejo.
Cabrón (lit.: "big goat" or "stubborn goat" – in the primitive sense of the word, "cabrón" i "cabra" is an adult female goat) is used in Spain, Mexico, Cuba and Puerto Rico, as a generic insult. An old usage is similar to that of "pendejo", namely, to imply that the subject is stubborn or in denial about , hence the man has "horns" like a goat (extremely insulting).
"?Chinga tu madre, cabrón!" in
.   .
The Mexican Spanish version is offensive as it means "asshole" and other insults in English. The seven-note musical flourish known as a
(two bits), commonly played on , is associated with the seven-syllable phrase ?Chinga tu madre, cabrón! (Fuck your mother, asshole!). Playing the jingle on a car horn can result in a hefty fine for
if done in the presence of police, or
if aimed at another driver or a pedestrian. In Mexico, "cabrón" refers to a man whose wife cheats on him without protest from him, or even with his encouragement.
The expression ?Ah cabrón! is used sometimes when one is shocked/surprised by something. Among close friends, the term
however, it is not a word to be used casually with strangers.
As an adjective it is equivalent to "tough" as "It is tough" (Está cabrón).
To some extent, it can also be used with an ironically positive connotation meaning great, amazing, phenomenal, or bad-ass. Such expressions would be said as: ?Estás cabrón! or ?Yo soy cabrón!. The word is quite flexibly used in Puerto Rico, and it can even have completely opposite meanings depending on the context. Best friends call each other "cabrón" in a friendly manner, while it may also be used in an offensive manner. One might say, "Esta cabrón" to describe something as very good or very bad depending on the circumstance.
In Panama, it is used as an adjective to mean something/someone very annoying (who pisses you off). The verb cabrear can mean "to piss off (someone)". This verb form is also used in Chile.
In Peru, cabro is a reference to a homosexual, hence cabrón is a superlative form ("big faggot"/"flaming faggot").
The term cabrón also means a handler of prostitutes, comparable to "" in English. The most common way to refer to a pimp is Spanish is by using the term chulo as a noun. In some countries chulo can be used as an adjective somewhat equivalent to "cool" (Ese hombre es un chulo = "That man is a pimp" versus Ese libro es chulo = "That book is cool"). The word chula is a completely benign reference to an adorable female or , as in "?Ay, que chula!". In Chile, however, "chulo" and "chula" always mean "vulgar".
Gilipollas (and rarely gilipolla) is a term used mostly in Spain and lacking an exact translation to E the most frequent equivalents when translated in books, films other media are "", "jackass", "", "" or "" (in English), con (in ), and boludo or pendejo (in , see below).
When selecting a word denoting low intelligence, most Spanish speakers have three options:
using a merely descriptive term, or one which, although insulting, can be used as a mild or at times even affectionate form of teasing: tonto ("silly"), burro (lit.: "donkey"), etc.
using a more explicitly insulting expression, although one which still does not qualify as a real profanity: imbécil, idiota, estúpido.
one which delves into profanity. Gilipollas and capullo would correspond to such case.
A usual derivation of the word gilipollas into an
form (or a false ) is agilipollado/agilipollada. For example: … está agilipollado/a would mean "… is behaving like a gilipollas." Regardless of whether or not such condition or irreversible, the verb estar is always used, as opposed to ser. Another Spanish construction with similar rationale is atontado, derived from tonto ("silly").
A noun form of the word is gilipollez, meaning "stupidity" or "nonsense."
Capullo (lit: "" or " bud", also slang for ) is nearly always interchangeable with that of gilipollas. The main difference between the two of them is that while a gilipollas normally behaves as he does out of sheer stupidity, a capullo normally acts like one by applying certain amount of evil intentions to his acts. While one can act like a gilipollas without being one, in the capullo instance that is not possible.
Main article:
Huey/Güey is a common term in Mexico, coming from the word buey that literally means "ox" or "steer." It means "stupid" or a "cheated husband/boyfriend/cuckold."
It can be used as a less offensive substitute for cabrón when used among close friends. Mexican teenagers and young
men use this word routinely in referring to one another, similar to "dude" in English. "Vato" is the older Mexican word for this.
Joto (lit.: the "jack" or a "knave" in a Western ) is used in Mexico and the southwestern United States, usually pejoratively, in reference to an over-sexed male. Arguably more offensive than , joto usually refers to a man who is indifferent to pertinent matters, or who is a "loser", with perhaps a hinted accusation of
homosexuality. For example, a
man in Mexico might derisively refer to himself as a maricón, but probably not as a joto. Recently the use of joto in Mexico have changed, and is being embraced by the , mainly as an adjective: Es una película muy jota ("It's a very gay movie"). Not to be confused with the word jota, which refers to a traditional Spanish, Mexican or Argentine parlor dance.
Gonorrea (lit. gonorrhea) is commonly used in Colombia to express strong contempt. For instance, it would be used to insult an unremorseful murderer, e.g.: Ese hombre es una gonorrea ("That man is a despicable person"). In some cases it may be similar to hijo de puta/hijueputa. Gonorrea can also refer to objects: ?Este trabajo es una gonorrea! ("This work is very hard"); ??Una gonorrea de trabajo!! ("An absolutely disgusting work").
Madre, depending on its usage (for example: madrear—"to beat" or hasta la madre—"full"), can be profane in Mexico, where there is a cultural taboo against matriarchial families (because of associations with pagan ). Chinga tu madre ("Fuck your mother") is considered to be extremely offensive.
Madre could be used to reference objects, like ?Que poca madre! ("That's terrible!") and Esta madre no funciona ("This shit doesn't work"). It can also be used with an ironically positive connotation, as in ?Está de poca/puta madre! ("It's fucking awesome!").
Madrazo, in Colombia, refers to insults in general, and "echar madrazos" means "to insult/curse somebody out."
Pinche has different meanings:
In Spain, the word refers to a kitchen helper. It mainly means a restaurant chef assistant or a kitchen helper who helps cook the food and clean the utensils. Another meaning is used as an insult, as in pinche güey ("loser"), or to describe an object of poor quality, está muy pinche ("It really sucks").[] Many restaurants in Spain have the name "El Pinche", to the great amusement of Mexican and Chicano tourists.
In Mexico, the saying can range anywhere from semi-inappropriate to very offensive depending on tone and context. Furthermore, it is often equivalent to the English terms "damn", "freakin'" or "fuckin'", as in estos pinches aguacates están podridos… ("These damn avocados are rotten…"); Pinche Mario ya no ha venido… ("Freakin' Mario hasn't come yet"); or ??Quieres callarte la pinche boca!? ("Would you like to shut your fuckin' mouth?"), but most likely should be translated to the euphemism "frickin'" in most situations. Therefore, it can be said in front of adults, but possibly not children, depending on one's moral compass. Sometimes pinchudo(a) is said instead.[] It refers to a mean-spirited person.
In Puerto Rico pinche simply refers to a hairpin, while pincho has the same meaning in Dominican Spanish.[]
In Chile, pinche isn't vulgar, and it refers to the people involved in an informal romantic relationship with each other. The verbal form pinchar can be translated as "kissing" or "make out".[] pinchar also means "to ping" (the act of calling someone and then hanging up with the intent of having them call back).
In Mexico it is also a derogatory name for someone who is stingy: "?l es muy pinche." ("He is very stingy.").[]
Puta literally means , and can be extended to any woman who is sexually promiscuous. This word is common to all other Romance languages (it is puta also in Portuguese and Catalan, pute/putain in French, puttana in Italian, and so on) and almost certainly comes from the Vulgar Latin putta (from puttus, alteration of putus "boy"), although the
lists its origins as "uncertain" (unlike other dictionaries, such as the , which state putta as its origin).[] It is a derogatory way to refer to a prostitute, while the formal Spanish word for a prostitute is prostituta.
chocho means literally a senile person, from the verb chochear.
word endings such as aco. arro, azo, ito or (in Spain) ata are used to confer a falsely augmentative or diminutive, usually derogative quality to different racial and cultural denominations: e.g. negrata or negraco (and, with a more condescending and less aggressive demeanor, negrito) are the usual Spanish translations for a black person. Moraco would be the translation for "" or "".
Sudaca, in spite of its etymology (sudamericano, "South American"), is a derogative term used in Spain for all Latin Americans, South American or Central American in origin. In Mexico, the term is solely used to refer to people from .
Frijolero is the most commonly used Spanish word for
and is particularly offensive when used by a non-Mexican person towards a Mexican in the southwestern United States.
, in Spain, is used as a derisive term for French people—and, by extension, any . Among Latin American speakers, however, it is meant as a usually offensive term for white people of Northern European heritage or people born in the United States no matter the race of the people.
Similarly, Musiu—A (somewhat outdated) word used in parts of Venezuela, used to denote a white foreigner. Stems from the contemporary pronunciation of the French word "Monsieur". Is now generally superseded among younger Venezuelans by the term below.
Argentuzo, argentucho an offensive term used in Chile and some Latin American countries to refer to an Argentine.
Bolita, offensive term used in reference to Bolivians in Argentina
Chilote - this is actually the demonym for the people of the
archipielago in Chile. However, in Argentina it is used as a slur to refer to all Chileans.
, was used in reference to people of actual or perceived mestizo or indigenous background. Not always offensive. In Chile it is used to refer to a Peruvian. In Peru it is used to refer to someone from the more purely indigenous population or someone who looks very indigenous. When used in the more mixed coastal areas to describe someone, it can be slightly more offensive depending on the way it is said or the context. In Mexico and the United States the term is usually used to refer to a Chicano gang member.
Co?o, offensive word used to denote a Spaniard or the Castillan dialect in Chile.
Ignorante used by Chileans, Colombians, Mexicans, Paraguayans and Peruvians to describe Argentines. The word "argentino" (Argentine) is an anagram for "ignorante" (ignorant) in Spanish.
Kurepí used by Paraguayans to describe Argentines. Literally translated from Guarani meaning pig skin.
Mayate (lit: ) is a very offensive term used in Mexico and primarily by Mexican-Americans to describe a black person or an .
Mono used in reference to Ecuadorians in Peru
Paragua, used in reference to Paraguayans in Argentina.
Pinacate (lit.: dung beetle)-mostly used by Mexicans or Mexican-Americans referring to dark-skinned or black individuals, similar to English "blackie".
Gallego (lit.: )-mostly used in Latin America as , referring to all Spaniards. Not always offensive.
Gallina Used in Ecuador to describe Peruvians.
Gringo - generally used in most Spanish-Speaking countries in America. It denotes a person from the United States, or, by extension, from any English-speaking country or even anyone with a Northern-European phenotype.
Panchito is used in Spain for native looking Central and South-Americans, as well as guacamole, machupichu, guachupino. They don't necessarily mean offense.
Payoponi is a
word widely used in Spain referred to native looking Central and South-Americans. It is composed by payo (lit. non Romani person) and poni (lit. pony, due to their average height).
llanta (lit.: tire)-a general prison slang used by Mexicans or Mexican-Americans referring to very dark skinned individuals.
Prieto Used to describe dark people.
, used in reference to Chileans in Peru and Bolivia
Yorugua, used in reference to Uruguayans in Argentina (Uruguayo in ).
Japo used in reference to people of Japanese ancestry, used mostly in Spain. In Rioplatense Spanish slang, the word used is Ponja, which is
for Japón (Japan).
Moro (lit.: ) used in Spain in reference to people of Maghrebi, Arab or Middle E also used to describe Muslims in general.
Polaco (lit.: ) used in Spain in reference to . Its origin is unclear.
Maqueto (: Maketo), used in the
in reference to Spanish immigrants and descendants of Spanish immigrants with origins outside the Basque Country.
Charnego (: Xarnego), used in
in reference to Spanish immigrants and descendants of Spanish immigrants with origins outside Catalonia.
Tano (from Napolitano: Neapolitan). Used in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay as a , to refer to an Italian. Not offensive, at this time.
Pirata (lit.: ). Used in Argentina to refer to an English people.
chucha—used in Colombia in reference to offensive .
so'—used to imply "such a …" but not always capable of direct translation in English. For example: "?Cállate, so' puta!" ("Shut up, you bitch!")
vaina (lit.: "sheath or pod"; cf. Lat. vagina)—in Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Panama, and Venezuela it is a commonly used generic filler. For example: Esta vaina se da?ó ("This thing broke down").
It can also be used in phrases to denote any strong emotion. For example: ?Vea la vaina!, can mean "Isn't that something!" (expressing discontent or surprise). Esa vaina quedó muy bien (lit.: "That vaina came up really well") would translate to "It turned out really well" (expressing rejoice or happiness) and … y toda esa vaina would translate to "… and all that crap".
In the Dominican Republic it is commonly used in combination with other profanities to express anger or discontent. For example: "?Qué maldita vaina, co?azo!" meaning "Fuck, that's bullshit!" or "?Vaina'el diablo co?o!" which translates as "Damn, (this) thing (is) of the devil!" but would be used to refer to a situation as "fucking shit".
In the Spanish region of
is very common the formation of neologisms, to refer with humoristic sense to a certain way of being some people, by the union of two terms, usually a verb and a noun. E.g., capaliendres (lit. (person) who geld nits, "miser, niggard"), (d)esgarracolchas (lit. (person) who rends quilts, "awkward", "untrustworthy"), pisacristos (lit. (person) who tramples Christs—"blasphemous person"), and much more.
—Russian sexual slang
Gladstein and Chacón (editors) 39.
"Chingar," Diccionario de la lengua espa?ola,
DRAE, follar1, Der. del lat. follis, fuelle, Soplar con el fuelle.
, , 31 October 2006.
Alvarez Catalunya Alimentos Selectos & Ylos Dise?o páginas web Tiendas Virtuales. .
María Josefina Tejera et al., Diccionario de venezolanismos, Tomo I (A-I), Universidad Central de Venezuela / Academia de la Lengua. Caracas. 1983. p.360.
Peter A E. Antonio de M Rafael García (1999). "Chapter 7: Three Decades of Male Sex Work in Santo Domingo". . London, U.K.: UCL Press Ltd. p. 128.   2014.
Gladstein and Chacón (editors) .
Gerrard, Arthur Bryson, ed. (1980). Cassell's Colloquial Spanish (3rd revised ed.). London: Cassell Ltd.  .
Fitch, Roxana (2006) [ panchito]
Fitch, Roxana (2006) [= guachupino]
Fitch, Roxana (2006)[ payoponi]
Wegmann, Brenda & Gill, Mary McVey. Streetwise Spanish: Speak and Understand Everyday Spanish, McGraw-Hill, .
Cabellero, Juan. Dirty Spanish: Everyday Slang from "What's Up?" to "F*%# Off!", Ulysses Press, .
Hamer, Eleanor & Diez de Urdanivia, Fernando. The Street-Wise Spanish Survival Guide: A Dictionary of Over 3,000 Slang Expressions, Proverbs, Idioms, and Other Tricky English and Spanish Words and Phrases Translated and Explained, Skyhorse Publishing, .
Gladstein, Mimi R. and
(editors). The Last Supper of Chicano Heroes: Selected Works of . , 1 September 2008. , .
Munier, A Martinez, Laura (2008). . Adams M Newton Abbot.
in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
—Details pendejo and other slang in its dictionary
[]—Different variations of chingar
: Hidden categories:

我要回帖

更多关于 some是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐