she is coming down with brontosaurusechitis在线翻译

The Dip by Seth Godin (book review) | Andy Wibbels
I had the great fortune to go to Seth Godin’s book kick off party for his new book The Dip at the Chicago Chamber of Commerce last week.
Yay short guys!
I’d always heard much about Seth’s recommendation for
and wasn’t sure exactly what that would really look like. But seeing Seth’s presentation on his latest book, The Dip, and the related concepts of the book has me convinced. Now I’ve got a lot of work to do.
You could tell who was at the talk because they were Seth fans (relaxed casual, color) versus the usual Chicago Chamber gang (navy suits as far as the eye can see).
The Dip is what happens after the
big success.
It is the escape velocity to superstardom.
It is the ritual hazing of academia.
It is passing the bar exam.
Getting your 2 top abs visible and then wanting to go for the whole six pack.
Memorizing a complete piano concerto.
Taking a microbrewery macro.
Dips are all around us. So are cliffs and cul-de-sacs.
You have an early kapow! and then have to figure out how to sustain the results.
You, um, write a book and am at times terrified of the big fat question What’s Next.
If you’re Jack Welch you drop all business units that are #4 in their segment and focus on what is working.
I think the best way to describe the Dip is you find yourself asking:
Thank God that bullshit’s over. Now what the hell do I do?!
Do you quit and risk being accused of doing a ‘cut and run’? Do you stick it out now matter how painful the cost of quitting and how difficult the uphill slog?
That’s it: the alternate title for this book should be The Slog.
Contrary to the Seth’s enthusiasm for Seinfeld this has nothing to do with double-dipping.
Our acting teacher, the crazier one that enjoyed emotional abuse in a classroom setting, would rail at us if we didn’t have our lines memorized. &You guys! This is the simple part that others don’t do. This is the grunt work of acting.&
Every profession has grunt work.
I also call it doing your ‘due diligence.’ Dotting the I’s crossing the T’s. The crosses to bear and bears to cross and burning that bridge when you get to it. The grunt work is the dip – the stuff that not everybody is willing to do but those that stick to it and push through it and – as Seth recommends – lean into it come out the other side with more of everything.
Seth’s big point he hammers home page after page is Stop doing the stuff you’re just okay at. Focus on your greatness. People pay a premium for a superstar. People will pay for excellence.
The old adage Winners never quit and quitters never win is wrong. Winners quit doing the wrong things at the right time.
And yes, yes, yes we do reward mediocrity and probably maybe we should sterilize stupid people but still in a world of instant outsourcing and too many choices – how do you differentiate yourself?
This is the most personal of Seth’s books so far. It edges right up to the self-help section but keeps firmly grouded in the Business section. Your personal problems are your business problems and vice versa. Here he is being more direct and confrontational than he’s ever been. Can’t wait to see what he does next.
Grab The Dip today. It is a compact little firecracker of a book. As always Seth writes just enough – taking what is bubbling up and what is raining down and mixing it into a success flurry.
Andy’s Mindmap
I posted a mindmap last week in image format ().
Want a free copy of The Dip?
I have four extra copies of The Dip.
And I’m giving them away to 4 random folks that tell me in the comments below:
What is YOUR biggest Dip?
This entry was posted in
About Andy Wibbels
Andy is an award-winning blogger and author of the book Blogwild! A Guide for Small Business Blogging. His work has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Entrepreneur, Wired, Business Week, Forbes,
and other national and international media. He was worked at several San Francisco startups including Get Satisfaction, SAY Media, InMobi, Keas, and Mindjet. Currently, Andy is Director of Marketing at Lucidworks.
Send to Email Address
Your Email Address
Post was not sent - check your email addresses!
Email check failed, please try again
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.She is quite content with her job as a secretary_2E
您要查找的是不是:
她很满意她自己的秘书工作。
她对自己目前的境遇感到颇为满足。
她目前对自己的工作非常满意。
她对目前的工作很满意。
他对自己目前的境遇颇为得意。
她对现在的工作不满意。
我朋友很满意他的新工作。
她对生活感到相当满意。
她的手很巧。你了解意思了。
她真的厌倦了自己的工作。
能留在家里照顾孩子她已心满意足了。