需要金币:60 &&
【学案导学设计】学年英语人教习题 必修二 单元检测(三)
你可能关注的文档:
··········
··········
单元检测 三
第一部分 听力 共两节,满分30分
第一节 共5小题;每小题1.5分,满分7.5分
听下面5段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完每段对话后,你都有10秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。
1.When does the plane take off?
A.At 8∶30.  B.At 8∶25.  C.At 8∶55.
2.Where is the man now?
A.In the shop.
B.In the bank.
C.In the restaurant.
3.Where are Mary’s friends most probably?
A.Still at the airport.
B.At Mary’s house.
C.At Tom’s house.
4.What’s the probable relationship of the two speakers?
A.Mother and son.
B.Classmates.
C.Doctor and patient.
5.What do the man think of yesterday’s movie?
A.It’s interesting.
B.It’s terrible.
C.Just so-so.
第二节 共15小题;每小题1.5分,满分22.5分
听下面5段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C三个选项中选出最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5秒钟;听完后,各小题将给出5秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第6段材料,回答第6至8题。
6.When did the girl get the new bike?
A.Yesterday.
B.Some weeks ago.
C.Last Sunday.
7.How did the girl get the new bike?
A.Her parents gave it to her.
B.A friend gave it to her.
C.She bought it herself.
8.What did the boy think of the new bike?
A.Expensive.
C.Not so good.
听第7段材料,回答第9至11题。
9.Where is Lucy now?
A.At home.
B.At school.
C.In the station.
10.How many babies did Lucy’s aunt have?
11.Why did Lucy tell a lie to the teacher?
A.Because she didn’t like to go to school.
B.Because she only loves one of the babies.
C.Because she hates the teach
正在加载中,请稍后...李阳疯狂英语情景对话:久别重逢[1]
【无忧考网 - 英语口语】以下是无忧考网整理的《李阳疯狂英语情景对话:久别重逢》,希望大家喜欢!Greeting after a Long Time 久别重逢【疯狂英语实战对话一】A: Hi, Tom, long time no see. How have you been?(嗨,汤姆,好久不见。近来还好吗?)B: Just fine, thanks. How about you?(很好,谢谢。你呢?)A: The same as ever.(老样子。)【额外成就感】The same as ever. 老样子。/和以前一样。【Kim’s Note】 This is a good, short and authentic way to tell someone you’re doing just fine. You can impress people by blurting out such an American response.这是告诉别人你过得很好的一种适当、简洁、地道的方式。你可以脱口而出这个极具美国味的回答,给别人留下深刻的印象。【疯狂英语实战对话二】A: Hello, Nancy. Nice to see you again. It’s been a long time.(你好,南希。很高兴又见到你。好久没见了。)B: It sure has, Sam. I haven’t seen you in ages!(就是啊,山姆,好久没见到你了。)A: You haven’t changed at all C as pretty as ever!(你根本没怎么变,还是和以前一样漂亮!)B: Oh, thank you for saying so.(噢,谢谢你这么说。)【疯狂英语实战对话三】A: Hi, stranger! Where have you been hiding?(嗨,久违了!你藏到哪里去了?)B: I was in America for 2 months. I just got back yesterday.(我在美国呆了两个月,昨天刚刚回来。)A: Well, it’s good to see you again.(真高兴又见到你。)B: Same here.(我也是。)【久别重逢常用语】(1)Long time no see. 好久不见。 〖中国人倍感亲切的句子。〗【Kim’s Note】I know that there are some books in China that discourage the use of this greeting. They claim it is too “Chinglish” and it is Chinese in origin, not American or British. I completely disagree! I have heard people use this greeting my whole life all over the United States. So, I consider it one of China’s great contributions to international communication. Use it and be proud of your English and your Chinese culture at the same time!据我所知,中国的一些英文学习书籍劝诫大家不要使用这个问候语。书上说这句话是“中国式英语”,它起源于中国,而不是美国或英国。对此我完全反对!我从小到大在美国各个角落都听到人们使用这句问候语。因此我认为这是中国对国际语言交流的一个重大贡献。使用这句问候语吧!为你的流利英语而骄傲!为你的中国文化而骄傲!(2)How have you been? 你近来怎么样?(3)Nice to see you again. 很高兴又见到你。(4)It’s been a long time. 好久不见了。典型回应:It sure has. (的确是。)(5)I haven’t seen you in ages/for a long timB词义辨析。know&知道;recognize承认,认出;remember记得;realize意识到。句意:hi,皮特,好久不见。是你。抱歉刚开始没有认出你。所以选B。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
请认真阅读下面对话,并根据各题所给首字母的提示,写出一个英语单词的完整、正确形式,使对话通顺。
M:& Hi, I'm going door to door tonight to tell people about the Student Action Union.
T:& I think I read something in the (76)n&&&&&& last week.
M:& Yeah, we are trying to (77) p&&&&&& and preserve some of the open spaces on campus.
T:& You are the group that's (78) a    against the extension of the parking lot next to Darwin Hall,
&&& right?
M:& That's us. We just feel it is important to save some of the (79) n&&&&&& beauty of the campus.
&&& Some of those trees are hundreds of years old.
T:& It's a pretty (80) p&&&&&& . My friends and I had picnics over there by the stream.
M:& We are going to (81) o&&&& a demonstration on Thursday afternoon.
T:& Well, I have a class on Thursday afternoon.
M: But maybe you could (82) s&&&& this appeal letter. We are going to hand it in to the administration
&&& to demonstrate how the students feel about this.
T:& Sure, let me get a pen.
M:& I have a pen right here. And let me (83) l&&&&&&& you this little book about the Student Action
&&& Union. Maybe you could come to some of our meetings. We get (84) t&&&& once a month.
T:& Yeah, I'd like to know more about your group. Let me know (85) w&&&&& the next meeting is and I
&&& will try to be there.
短文改错(共10小题;每小题1.5分,满分15分)
此题要求改正短文中的错误。对标有题号的每一行做出判断:如无错误,在答题卡相应的位置上画一个勾(P);如有错误(每行只有一个错误),则按下列情况改正:
此行多一个词:把多余的词写在答题卡相应的位置上,用斜线(\)划掉。
此行缺一个词:在答题卡相应的位置上写出该加的词,并附带前(后)词。
此行错一个词:在答题卡相应的位置上写出该错词和改正后的词。
注意:原行没有错的不要改。
I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to return to your&&&&&&&&&&&&& 76______
bike on time yesterday. I mean to give it&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 77______
back to you before four in the afternoon, and I&&&&&&&&&&&& 78______
was hold up on my way back. Just before I&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 79______
turned corner of Park Street, I happened to&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 80______
see an accident. A little girl was hurt and her&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 81______
mother needed help. So I helped them going to&&&&&&&&&&&& 82______
the nearest hospital. I stayed here for one and&&&&&&&&&&&&& 83_______
a half hour and made sure that the girl was all&&&&&&&&&&&&& 84______
right. When I got back, it were already 6 pm. I&&&&&&&&&&&& 85_______
hope you understand.
Thank you!
对话填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
阅读下面对话,掌握其大意,并根据所给字母的提示,在标有题号的右边横线上写出一个英语单词的完整、正确形式,使对话通顺。
Travel Agent—T;Paul—P
T:Good afternoon,how can I help you?
P:Hi,I want to(76) b____ a room and some tickets for the summer holiday.
T:Where are you going?
T:And how many people will be going?
P:Four.Two(77) a____ and two children.
T:(78)W____ would you like to go?
P:Anytime after 12th July,but(79) b____ 20th July.Can you tell me the (80) p____ of the cheapest flight?
T:Sure,can I ask if your children are over two years old?
P:Yes,they are.
T:In that(81) c_______,for the flight they will be charged at children’s rates and for the hotel there won’t be any charge.It(82) l____ on 15th July and returns on 29th July on Virgin Atlantic.This is the cheapest flight(83) a_______.
P:Fine.Do you have a(84) c____ of the journey plan that I can take away with me?
T:Sure.I hope to hear from you soon.
P:Thanks.I’ll think about it tonight and ring you in the(85) m____ tomorrow.
T:Thanks.I’m looking forward to your reply.
对话填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
W: Hi, Fred.Where have you been?
M: I’ve been to the l_____76_____ and borrowed some English books.What’s wrong?
W: I t____77______ you’d been to the post office.Did you notice the money I left on the desk?
M: Yes, $10 altogether.But I didn’t know what it was f____78___.
W: Didn’t you see the note I left you with the money?
M: Note? What note? I didn’t see any note.
W: R____79______? That’s very strange.I left the money with a note saying I wanted you to go to the post office and get some e____80_______ and stamps for me.I also put the ink bottle on them in case they might not draw your a_____81________.
M: I see now.Why can’t you go and get them y_____82______? The post office is only about 30 minutes’ walk from here.We often walk there after supper.
W: Of course I know how far it is from school.I can’t go there myself because I’m very busy doing some chemistry e______83_________ in the lab.And what’s more, I have to p_____84______ for my English exam.You know I f___85______ the last one.If I can’t pass this time, a hard time will be waiting for me.
来源:江西省学年高二下学期期中考试试题(英语)
题型:填空题
第II卷 (非选择题,共35分)
第一节: 对话填空(共10小题;每小题1分,满分10分)
D—David,&& T---Tony
D: Hi, Tony. Are you reading something
exciting?
T: Oh, nothing much. I’m just reading some
science (76) f__. David,&&&&& 76_______
it’s a long time since I saw you last and I
could hardly
(77) r___ you because you’ve changed so
much.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
77_______
D: Oh, I’ve just had a (78) h____ in the
barber’s and I am wearing&&&&&& 78_______
a pair of glasses now.
T: No wonder. By the way, what’s your plan
for this weekend?
D: We are going to have a picnic in the
countryside on Saturday.
Do you wan to join us?
T: I’d like to, but I’m afraid I can’t as
I’ve got (79) p___of work to&&&&&&79______
do recently.
D: I know you are always as (80) b___as a
bee.But don’t forget&&&&&&&&&
80______
that no matter how much work you have to
do, you should try
to (81) s___ aside some time for a rest.
Health must come first,&&&&&&&81_______
after all.
T: Yes, you are right. I’ll go with you.
And why not ask Sam to
go with us together? He can (82) b___ us a
lot of
fun.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&82______
D: That’s a good idea, but not this time,
for his parents
(83) d____ two days ago and he is very
upset now.
Maybe&&&&&&&&&&&&
83_____
he doesn’t want to go with us.
T: Really? I simply can’t (84) b____my
ears.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&84_____
D: Yes, I’m surprised to know that their
marriage has broken up ,too.
T: I think he needs to stay(85) a_____and
calm himself down.&&&&&&&&&
85_____
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!新人教版英语八上全1-10单元(Units1-10课文+翻译)_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
新人教版英语八上全1-10单元(Units1-10课文+翻译)
上传于||暂无简介
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用3下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩19页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢当前位置: >>
unit1致用英语第二册第一单元
Second editionUnit 1Understanding Chinese Culture The Spring Festival in ChinaAround the topic Reading A Language in Use Project Culture Tips Learning to l
earn Homework Around the topic1 Your ideasWork in groups or pairs and discuss the following questions.① Why is the Spring Festival so important for the Chinese people? ② What do you usually do during the Spring Festival?③ Are there any special celebration activities in your hometown during the Spring Festival?④ In what ways do you think the Spring Festival has changed?BACK 2 Vocabularylunar calendar solar calendar dumplings firecrackers fireworks Spring Festival couplets 阴历 阳历 饺子 爆竹 焰火 春联New Year’s cakeNew Year pictures reunion dinners lion dance red envelopes rice dumplings The Lantern Festival temple fairs年糕年画 团圆饭 舞狮表演 红包 粽子 元宵节 庙会 Around the topic3 Listening and speaking Li Ming and Susan are having a conversation. Listen to the recording and answer the following questions. 1. 2. 3. 4. What are they talking about? How did Li Ming spend his holiday? What is Susan curious about? What makes the Spring Festival different from other holidays? 5. What do Chinese people do on New Year’s Eve? Do you agree with what Li Ming said about the Spring Festival? What is your opinion about it? Discuss this in groups.listeningscripts scriptsSusan: Glad you are back. We missed you during the vacation. How was your holiday? Li Ming: It was fine. I had a wonderful time at home. During the Spring Festival we visited many places. We had a gettogether with many old friends. Susan: The Spring Festival is the most important holiday in China, isn’t it? Li Ming: Yeah, in China, the Spring Festival is the most important holiday of the year. Susan: What do you usually do to celebrate this holiday? Li Ming: Two important things make this holiday different from all others: giving presents and staying with the family. Susan: Please tell me more about it.BACK scriptsLi Ming: Giving presents to family members is a very nice custom. The spirit behind the present matters most, not the present itself. Susan: Right, it is nice to receive a present. Li Ming: It is good to return to the family home at the Spring Festival and meet parents, grandparents and as many aunts, uncles and cousins as possible. Susan: That’s a good opportunity for family reunion. Li Ming: Yeah, in the past, on New Year’s Eve, family members will stay at home making dumplings together. Many people enjoy watching the CCTV Spring Festival Gala. The evening is usually spent watching TV, playing games, talking, eating and drinking. Susan: You must have had a lot of fun. Li Ming: Yes, that’s why I always enjoy the Spring Festival.BACK During the Spring Festival, some things are believed to bring good luck for the new year, while other things might bring bad luck. Read the items in the table below and decide whether they bring good luck or bad luck. When you finish, compare your answers in pairs. Good luck 1. Bathing in pomelo leaves on New Year’s Eve 2. Buying a pair of shoes 3. Eating fish on New Year’s Eve 4. Eating sweets 5. Getting a haircut in the first lunar month 6. Having the house cleaned from top to bottom before the Spring Festival 7. Opening windows or doors 8. Sweeping the floor on the first day of the Spring Festival 9. Talking about death Bad luck10. Wearing clothes in black and whiteBACK Reading ABACK 1. Pre-reading ActivitiesA Chinese student is trying to introduce what he/she knows about the Spring Festival to his/her foreign friend. Work in pairs. One plays as a Chinese student and the other plays as a foreigner. Switch the roles in the next round. 2. Reading ComprehensionThe Spring Festival in China1 The Spring Festival is the most important festival for the Chinese people. It is the time for all family members to get together, just like Christmas in the West. All people living away from home go back and it becomes the busiest time for transportation systems. 2 The Spring Festival falls on the first day of the first lunar month, often one month later than the Gregorian calendar. It originated in the Shang Dynasty (BC) from people’s sacrifice to gods and ancestors at the end of an old year and the beginning of a new one.listening Chinese version 2. Reading Comprehension3 Many customs accompany the Spring Festival. Some are still followed today, but others have weakened. 4 On the 8th day of the 12th lunar month, many families make laba porridge, a kind of delicious porridge made with at least eight type of corn and fruit. 5 The 23rd day of the 12th lunar month is called Preliminary Eve. At this time, people offer sacrifice to the Kitchen God. Now however, most families make delicious food to enjoy themselves. After Preliminary Eve, people begin preparing for the coming New Year. This is called “Seeing the New Year in”.listening Chinese version 2. Reading Comprehension6 Before the New Year comes, people clean the indoors and outdoors of their homes completely as well as their clothes, bedrooms and all their utensils. 7 Then people begin decorating their clean rooms featuring an atmosphere of rejoicing and festivity. All the doors will be pasted with Spring Festival couplets, highlighting Chinese calligraphy with black characters on red paper. The content varies from wishes for a bright future to good luck for the New Year. Also, pictures of door gods and Gods of Wealth will be posted on the front door to ward off evil spirits and welcome peace and abundance.listening Chinese version 2. Reading Comprehension8 The Chinese character fu (meaning blessing or happiness) is a must. The character put on paper can be pasted normally or upside down, for in Chinese the reversed fu is similar to “fu comes”, both being pronounced as fudaole. What’s more, two big red lanterns cam be raised on both sides of the front door. Chinese paper cuttings can be seen on windows and brightly coloured New Year pictures with auspicious meanings may be put on the wall.listeningChinese version 2. Reading Comprehension9 People attach great importance to New Year’s Eve. At that time, all family members eat dinner together. The meal is more luxurious than usual. Dishes such as chicken, fish and bean curd cannot be excluded, for in Chinese, the pronunciation of the names , ji, yu, and doufu, respectively mean auspicious, abundance and richness. After dinner, the whole family will sit together, chatting and watching TV. In recent years, the Spring Festival Gala broadcast on China Central Television Station (CCTV) is essential entertainment for the Chinese both at home and abroad. According to the custom, each family will stay up to see the New Year in.listening Chinese version 2. Reading Comprehension10 After waking up on New Year’s Day, everybody dresses up. First they extend greetings to their parents. Then each child will get money as a New Year gift, contained in a red envelope. People in northern China will eat jiaozi, or dumplings, for breakfast, as they think the name jiaozi sounds like “bidding farewell to the old and ushering in the new”. Also, the shape of the dumpling is like gold ingot from ancient China. So people eat them and wish for money and treasure. Southern Chinese eat niangao (New Year’s cake made of glutinous rice flour) on this occasion, because niangao means “higher and higher, one year after another”.listening Chinese version 2. Reading Comprehension11 Setting the fireworks is the most typical custom at Spring Festival. People think the exploding sound can help drive away evil spirits. However, in big cities such an activity is limited nowadays to certain areas and time as the government takes security, noise and pollution factors into consideration. 12 The lively atmosphere not only fills every household, but permeates the streets and lanes. A series of activities such as lion dances, dragon lantern dances, and temple fairs will be held for days.listeningChinese version 2. Reading Comprehension13 The Lantern Festival on the 15th of the first lunar month marks the last day of the Spring Festival. On this day, decorative lanterns are hung out for people to appreciate. Guessing lantern riddles is an essential part of the festival. Besides entertainment and beautiful lanterns, another important part of the Lantern Festival is eating yuanxiao. Yuanxiao is round in shape and symbolises family togetherness.listeningChinese version 2. Reading ComprehensionWords & Expressions1. lunar adj. relating to the moon e.g. The studies of the lunar surface have achieved interesting results.BACK 2. Reading ComprehensionWords & Expressions2. paste v. to stick paper to a surface using glue e.g. A notice has been pasted to the door. She pasted the pictures into a scrapbook.BACK 2. Reading ComprehensionWords & Expressions3. ward off to do something to prevent something bad, such as illness, danger, or attack from harming you e.g. She carried a knife to ward off attacks.BACK 2. Reading ComprehensionWords & Expressions4. abundance n. a large quantity of something e.g. They planted flowers in great abundance in this area . At the party there was food and drink in abundance.BACK 2. Reading ComprehensionWords & Expressions5. reverse v. to change round the usual order of the parts of something e.g. The image on the screen was reversed and upside down.6. auspicious adj. likely to be successful e.g. The publication of my first book was an auspicious beginning of my career.BACK 2. Reading ComprehensionWords & Expressions7. bid v. to utter (a greeting or farewell) to e.g. He bade me good morning as he passed. This is a chance to bid farewell to their president and welcome the new man.BACK 2. Reading Comprehension8. usher in to be the start of something new e.g. The discovery of oil ushered in an era of employment and prosperity.Words & ExpressionsBACK 2. Reading ComprehensionWords & Expressions9. permeate v. 1) to spread
to pervade e.g. The smell permeated the house. 2) to be present in every part and have an effect on all of it e.g. The banquet was permeated with an atmosphere of friendship.BACK 2. Reading Comprehension中国春节1 正如西方的圣诞节一样,对于中国人来说,春节是最重要的节日并已然成为家人团聚的重要时刻。所有远离家乡的人都会回家,而春节也成为交通运输系统最为繁忙的时间。2 春节适逢正月初一,通常要比阳历晚一个月。它起源于商朝(约公元前1600年―公元前1046年)时人们在年末岁初对神和祖先的献祭。BACK 2. Reading Comprehension 3 春节有很多习俗。其中一些习俗沿用至今,有些习俗则逐渐弱化。4 在腊月初八这一天,很多家庭都会做腊八粥,这是一种至少由八种谷物蔬果做成的美味可口的粥。5 腊月23日叫做小年。在这一天,人们要准备祭品祭祀灶神。然而现在,多数家庭都只是做顿美味佳肴,犒劳一下自己。过了小年,人们就开始为即将到来的新年作准备了,这就是所谓的“迎新年”。BACK 2. Reading Comprehension6 在新年到来之前,人们要将屋里屋外彻底打扫 一遍,还要清洗衣服、床单和各种器皿。 7 然后人们装饰打扫一新的房子,营造欢乐的气 氛。所有的门上都会贴上春联,红纸黑字的中国书 法异常显眼。春联的内容根据主人对美好未来的憧憬以及对来年好运的期盼而有所变化。同样,前门上还会贴上门神与财神来辟邪和迎接平安与富足。BACK 2. Reading Comprehension8 汉语的“福”字(意味着祝 福、幸福)是必不可少的。印在 纸上的这个字可以正着贴也可以倒着贴,因为在汉语中,“福倒了”和“福到了”同音,它们的读音都是fudaole。此外,可以将两个大红灯笼挂在前门两边。窗 户玻璃上可以贴上红色的剪纸, 墙壁上也可以贴上颜色鲜艳、内 容吉祥的年画。BACK 2. Reading Comprehension9 人们非常重视除夕夜。这天晚上,所有的家庭成 员一起吃晚饭。这顿饭比起以往要更丰盛。像鸡、鱼和 豆腐这些菜是必不可少的,因为它们的中文发音分别是 ji、yu和doufu,寓意为吉祥、充裕和富有。饭后,全家 人会坐在一起,聊天、看电视。近年来,中国中央电视 台(CCTV)播出的春节联欢晚会已经成为国内外中国人必不可少的娱乐节目。根据习俗,每个家庭都会熬夜迎接新的一年的到来。BACK 2. Reading Comprehension10 初一早上醒来,每个人都会精心打扮。首先,他 们会给父母拜年。然后每个孩子将会得到包在红纸里 的压岁钱作为新年礼物。中国北方人早餐会吃饺子, 因为他们认为“饺子”听起来意味着“辞旧迎新”。此外,饺子的形状像古代中国的金元宝,所以人们吃饺子期盼获得金钱和财富。中国南方人在这一场合下会吃年糕(用糯米粉做成),因为年糕意味着“年复一年,步步高升”。BACK 2. Reading Comprehension 11 放鞭炮是春节最典型的风俗。人们认为噼里啪啦的声音能够辟邪。然而,因为政府考虑到安全、噪音以及污染等因素,现在在大城市里,放鞭炮有特定区域和指定时间段的限制。12 热闹的气氛不仅充溢着每家每户,还遍布街头巷尾。一系列的活动像舞狮、龙灯舞和庙会将举办好多天。BACK 2. Reading Comprehension13 正月十五日的元宵节标志着春节的最后一天。这一 天,人们可以观赏到装饰一新的花灯。猜灯谜也是元宵节不可或缺的活动。除了娱乐活动和欣赏花灯,元宵节另外一个重要的部分就是吃元宵。元宵是圆形的,象征 着合家团圆。BACK 2. Reading comprehensionA. Answer the following questions. 1. What is the origin of the Spring Festival in China? It originated in the Shang Dynasty from people’s sacrifice to gods and ancestors at the end of an old year and the beginning of a new one. 2. What do people do on the 23rd of the 12th lunar month? People offer sacrifice to the Kitchen God. 3. Why is the character fu sometimes pasted upside down? Because in Chinese the reversed fu is similar to “fu comes”, both being pronounced as fudaole. 4. What is the meal on New Year’s Eve like? The meal is more luxurious than usual. Dishes such as chicken, fish and bean curd cannot be excluded.BACK 2. Reading comprehensionA. Answer the following questions.5. What do people do first upon waking up on New Year’s Day? Waking up on New Year’s Day, people extend greetings to their parents. 6. Why must people in northern Chain eat dumplings on New Year’s Day? Because jiaozi in sound means “bidding farewell to the old and ushering in the new”. Also, the shape of the dumpling is like gold ingot from ancient China. So people eat them and wish for money and treasure. 7. Why do people set off fireworks at the Spring Festival? Because people think the spluttering sound could help drive away evil spirits. 8. What is the tradition of the Lantern Festival? On the Lantern Festival, people will appreciate decorative lanterns and guess lantern riddles. Besides entertainment and lanterns, people will eat yuanxiao.BACK 2. Reading comprehensionB. What is the significance of the following things during the Spring Festival? Spring Festival couplets: to add an atmosphere of rejoicing and festivity, expressing house owners’ wishes for a bright future and good luck for the New Year Chinese paper cuttings: to express auspicious meanings pictures of door gods: to ward off evil spirits and welcome peace and abundance chicken: auspiciousness fish: abundance bean curd: richness niangao: higher and higher, one year after anotherBACK A. Work out the meanings of the underlined wordswith the help of the content. 1. Many customs accompany the Spring Festival. 2. Now however, most families make delicious food to enjoy themselves. 3. Also, pictures of door gods and Gods of Wealth will be posted on the front door to ward off evil spirits… 4. The Chinese character fu (meaning blessing or happiness) is a must.something that you must do or must haveto go with3. Vocabulary and structurevery pleasant to taste or smellto do something to prevent something such as an illness, danger, or attack from harming you A. Work out the meanings of the underlined wordswith the help of the content. 5. The meal is more luxurious than usual.extremely comfortable, elegant, or enjoyable, especially in a way that involves great expense3. Vocabulary and structure6. According to the custom, each family will stay up to see the New Year in. 7. People think the exploding sound can help drive away evil spirits. 8. In recent years, the Spring Festival Gala broadcast on China Central Television Station (CCTV) is essential entertainment…extremely important and necessaryto not go to bed at the time you would normally do to make a very loud noise 3. Vocabulary and structureB. Fill in the blanks with the words below. Change the form where necessary. sacrificeauspicious 1. The year of the dragon is considered ____________in China. rejoicing 2. There was great ___________ at the victory. ushered 3. The discovery of oil ___________ in an era of employment and prosperity. sacrifice 4. Before the battle, the commanders ordered the __________ of two bullocks to the God of War. 5. Sunlight streamed into the church and through the stained permeated the glass windows, and a smell of grass and flowers _________ air. bid 6. This is a chance to _________farewell to their president and welcome the new man. 7. The country is very rich because it has a(n) abundance _________ of natural resources. paste 8. You can make planes out of it, _________it on walls and windows, and color it or use it for bookmarks. rejoice paste abundance auspicious bid usher permeate 3. Vocabulary and structureC. Complete each pair of the sentences with the correct form of the same verb, one as a present participle (-ing) and the other as a past participle (-ed). The first one has been done for you.? play? make ? write ? buyI hurt my leg playing football. Bridge is a card game played by four people.made in Japan” on my camera. There is a label “_______ making sandwiches. I have a job in a café _______I’ve spent the whole morning writing ___________ an essay. written On the wall were some scratches ___________ in big letters.bought Goods __________ in the sales cannot be refunded. buying I’ve spent all my money __________ Christmas presents. breaking into a house. The police caught the burglar ________ broken Careful! There’s a lot of _________ glass on the floor.? break Language in UseGrammar Development Vocabulary BuildingBACK 2. Grammar Development Present participles used as adverbialsEnglish has two types of participles: the present participle and the past participle. The present participle is formed by adding the suffix “-ing ” to the base form of the verb. 2. Grammar Development Present participles used as adverbials A. Rewrite the following sentences using the presentparticiple. 1. When the stranger saw the door open, he entered the house. Seeing the door open, the stranger entered the house. 2. As Tom was athletic, he found the climb quite easy. Being athletic, Tom found the climb quite easy. 3. I ran for the bus, tripped and fell. Running for the bus, I tripped and fell. 4. If we ask a question, we should get an answer. Asking a question, we should get an answer. 5. Although he lived miles away , he attended the course. Although living miles away, he attended the course. 2. Grammar DevelopmentGrammar tips现在分词所表示的动作与谓语动词表示的动作同时发生 时,现在分词用一般式。例如:Preparing a long speech for the president, the secretary worked late into the night. 现在分词所表示的动作先于谓语动词的动作时,现在分 词用完成式。例如:Having finished his homework ,the boy went out to play football. 3. Vocabulary BuildingWord PairsWord pairs, also known as binomials, refer to a pair or group of words that are used together as an idiomatic expression or collocation, usually joined by the words and or or, and the order of the elements cannot be changed. The expression take it or leave it is an example of binomial pair. A binomial pair has a single, distinctive meaning. ProjectBACK ProjectStep 1 VocabularyThink about what you would need to do in planning a Chinese New Year party. Make a list and check any new words in a dictionary. ProjectStep 2 Talk to your neighbour Suppose you are inviting a foreign friend to spend the Chinese New Year with your family. Talk to your partner about your plans. Brainstorm how to explain some typical Chinese New Year traditions to the foreigner. ProjectStep 3 Role-playYour foreign friend spends the New Year with your family. Practise with your partner conversations between you and the foreigner, taking turns to be the foreigner. ProjectStep 4 Write a paragraphWrite a paragraph describing Chinese New Year traditions. Use some of the expressions you have learned. ProjectStep 5 Show each other your writingPut your texts on the wall and walk around the class to read other students’ writings. If you have anything you don’t understand, ask the writer what it means. Which parts do you like best in other students’ writings?BACK Culture Tips Things not to do on New Year’s DayBACK Culture Tips? Avoidhousework on Chinese New Year’s Day: this activity runs the risk of washing away or sweeping sway good luck. ? it is also considered unlucky to use anything sharp on New Year’s Day C knives, scissors, even nail clippers. The action of the sharp blades risks cutting the threads of good fortune brought in at the New Year. ? Words related to sickness and death are to be avoided. This even extends to the use of words which sound like the words for death or sickness. ? To avoid any association with death, any slaughtering of poultry or livestock is carried out on New Year’s Eve. Finally, care must be taken not to stumble on or to break anything C this would be indicative of bad luck ahead.BACK Learning to learn? It’s important to build your confidence. If possible, use the simple sentence structure that you know is correct, so that you can concentrate on getting your message across. ? Try not to translate into and from your own language. This takes too much time and will make you more hesitant.BACK Learning to learn? If you forget a word, do what native English speakers do all the time, and say things that “fill” the conversation. This is better than remaining completely silent. Try using “um” or “er” if you forget the word. ? Don’t speak too fast! It’s important to use a natural rhythm in speaking English. If you speak too fast, it will be difficult for people to understand you. ? Try to relax when you speak, and you’ll find that your mouth does most of the pronunciation work for you. When you speak English at a normal speed, you’ll discover that many of the pronunciation rules, such as word linking, happen automatically. HomeworkMany Chinese believe that nowadays the Spring Festival is not so important or interesting as before. Do you think so? Write down your argument and supporting points. In next class we’ll hold a debate on this topic.BACK
[] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

我要回帖

更多关于 快手文字短句男女对话 的文章

随机推荐