求解释:a bunch of bulleasy marks

英语翻译Some syudents cheat in exams at school.I think these are the main reasons for it.We have a lot of exams.Some are easy but some are difficult .Some student are afraid of their parents and teachers.If they cannot get good marks,their parent_百度作业帮
英语翻译Some syudents cheat in exams at school.I think these are the main reasons for it.We have a lot of exams.Some are easy but some are difficult .Some student are afraid of their parents and teachers.If they cannot get good marks,their parent
英语翻译Some syudents cheat in exams at school.I think these are the main reasons for it.We have a lot of exams.Some are easy but some are difficult .Some student are afraid of their parents and teachers.If they cannot get good marks,their parents or teacher well blame them.But sometimes they don't study hard.So when exams come,they have no way to do well without cheating.In my opinion,cheating is a bad hab-it.It is against school rules.If the teacher catches you cheating,you have to stop taking the exam.The worst thing then is that you cannot attend school.I don't like the idea of cheating.I think the best way to get good marks is to study hard.
很多学生在学校考试的时候会作弊!我想这些是他们作弊的主要原因.我们有太多的考试.有的简单但是有的很难.一些学生怕他们的老师和父母.如果他们没有取得好的分数他们的父母或老师要责备他们.但是有事他们不好好学习.所以当考试来临的时候他们不作弊就没有办法取得好成绩.我认为,作弊是个坏的习惯,他违反了校规.如果老师抓到你作弊,你就不能参加考试了.最糟糕的是你不能去上学了.我不喜欢作弊这个注意.我想取得好分数的最好的办法是好好学习.It's all.
一些学生在考试中作弊。我认为以下是主要原因我们有很多考试。有些简单但有些很难。一些学生怕老师和家长。如果他们得不到好分数,他们的家长和老师会骂他们。但有时他们不努力学习。所以当考试时,他们不作弊就没法考好。在我看来,作弊是个坏习惯。它违反了校规。如果老师抓到你作弊,你将被取消考试资格。最糟的是你将被停学我不喜欢作弊的想法。我认为最好的得到好分数的方法是努力学习。...
一些学生在学校的考试中作弊。我认为以下是作弊的主要原因。我们有很多考试。有些简单但有些很难。一些学生害怕父母和老师。如果他们不能取得好成绩,他们的父母或老师会责怪他们。但是有时候他们没有努力学习。所以到了考试的时候,如果不作弊就没办法考好。在我看来,作弊是坏习惯。它违反了学校的纪律。如果被老师抓到,就不得不被取消考试资格。更糟的是,还有可能被退学。我认为作弊...
有些学生在学校的考试中作弊。以下几点是我认为的主要原因。我们有许多场考试,有难有易。有些学生很害怕他们的父母和老师,如果他们考试成绩不是很好,他们的父母和老师会责骂他们。然而有时是他们自己不努力学习,所以当考试来临他们无法不作弊。我的观点是,考试作弊是个坏的行为。这是违反校纪校规的行为。如果被老师抓了现行,你不得不停止考试,而最坏的结果是你被开除。我不赞成考...美音:[mɑ:k
英音:[mɑ:k
n.标志,分数,痕迹,记号 vt.做标记于,打分数,标志 vi.作记号 Mark 马克(男子名)
mark为中学词汇
&&词频:1560
动词过去式:marked 过去分词:marked 现在分词:marking 第三人称单数:marks
mark=to mark(作记号),boundary(边界)
近义词, 同义词
/mɑ:k; mɑrk/n 1 (a) stain, spot, line, etc, esp one that spoils the appearance of sth 痕迹; 污点; 斑*black marks on white trousers 白裤子上的黑色污迹* Who made these dirty marks on my new book? 谁把我的新书弄上了这些污迹?(b) noticeable spot or area on the body by which a person or animal may be recognized (人或动物身上可供识别用的)特徵, 胎记*a horse with a white mark on its head 头上有白斑的马* This scar is her main distinguishing mark. 这块疮疤是她主要的识别记号. Cf 参看 birthmark (birth). 2 (a) writt figure, line, etc made as a sign or an indication of sth (书写的或印刷的)符号; (图、线等的)记号*,punctu`ation marks 标点符号* Put a mark in the margin to show the omission. 在页边作个记号表示有遗漏.* White marks painted on the trees show the route. 树上涂有白色符号用以表示行进路线.(b) symbol on sth to show its origin, ownership or quality (表示来源、属有关系或品质的)标签, 标记*`laundry marks, ie showing which laundry items have been sent to 洗衣房记号(表示已送到洗衣房的衣物标记)* cattle branded with a distinctive mark, ie of ownership 烙有物主标记的牛. Cf 参看 trade mark (trade1). 3 sign or indication (of a quality, feeling, etc) (性质、感情等的)痕迹, 迹象*marks of suffering, old age 痛苦、年老的表徵* Please accept this gift as a mark of our respect. 请接受我们这份薄礼, 聊表敬意. 4 number or letter, eg B+, used as an assessment of sb's work or conduct 评定某人的工作或操行用的数字或字母符号(如B+)*get a good/poor mark in maths 数学获得良[劣]* give sb high/low marks (for sth) 给某人高[低]分* She got80 marks out of100 for geography. 她的地理得了80分. 5 cross made on a document instead of a signature by an illiterate person (文盲在文件上当作签名的)十字画押*put/make one's mark (on sth) (在某物上)写十字(画押). 6 Mark (followed by a number 後接数字) model or type (of a machine, vehicle, etc) (表示机器、车辆等的)型, 式*the Jaguar XJ6, Mark II 豹牌XJ6, II型轿车* a Mark IV Cortina (福特)科天娜IV型轿车. 7 (fml 文) target 目标; 目的; 鹄的*The arrow reached its mark and the bird fell dead. 那枝箭射中鹄的, 那只鸟坠地而死. 8 (in sport) line from point from which a bowler, jumper, etc begins his run (体育)起跑线, 起点*be quick/slow off the mark 起跑快[慢]. 9 (idm 习语) be/fall wide of the mark => wide. an easy mark => easy1. full marks => full. give sb full marks => full. ,hit/,miss the `mark succeed/fail in an attempt to do sth 做成[未做成]某事物; 达到[未达到]目标. leave/make one's, its, etc mark (on sth/sb) leave a lasting (good or bad) impression 留下持久的(好或坏)印象*War has left its mark on the country. 战争给该国留下了不可磨灭的痕迹.* Two unhappy marriages have left their mark on her. 两次婚姻不幸给她留下了极坏的印象. ,make one's `mark become famous,successful, etc 出名; 成功*an actor who has made his mark in films 在电影界已崭露头角的演员. not be/feel (quite) ,up to the `mark not feel as well, lively, etc as usual 不如平时身体好、有精神等*I've got flu, so I'm not quite up to the mark. 我得了流感, 所以有点不舒服. on your `marks, (get) `set, `go! (words said by the official starter of an athletics race 径赛发令员的号令语). overshoot the mark => overshoot. overstep the mark => overstep. `up to the `mark equal to the required standard 达到要求的标准*Her school work isn't quite up to the mark. 她的功课不大符合要求./mɑ:k; mɑrk/v 1 [Tn, Tn.pr] ~ A (with B); ~ B on A make (a mark or marks) on sth 在某物上做(记号)*mark one's name on one's clothes/mark one's clothes with one's name 在自己的衣服上标上自己的名字* The route has been marked so that it is easy to follow. 这条路线已标有记号, 很容易跟着走.* Prices are marked on the goods. 商品上都标有价目.* a face marked (ie scarred) by smallpox 出过天花的麻子脸. 2 [Tn] indicate or denote (sth) 表示, 指明(某事物)*This cross marks the spot where she died. 这个十字符号标明她死去的地点.* His death marked the end of an era. 他的死标志着一个时代的结束.* There will be ceremonies to mark (ie celebrate) the Queen's birthday. 庆祝女王生日将要举行典礼. 3 [Tn] give marks (mark1 4) to (pupils' work, etc) 给(学生作业等)批分数, 评成绩*mark examination papers 评阅试卷* I have twenty essays to mark tonight. 今晚我有二十篇文章要评分数. 4 [Cn.a] show (sth) by putting a mark, eg a tick by sb's name 作记号表示(某事物)(如在某人姓名旁打勾号)*mark sb absent/present 标出某人缺席[出席]* Why have you marked the sentence wrong? 你为什么把那句话标为病句呢? 5 [Tn, Cn.n/a] ~ sth (as sth) be a distinguishingfeature of (sth) 为(某事物)的特徵*a style marked by precision and wit 以精巧为特徵的文体* These are qualities which mark the film as quite exceptional. 这些特点标志着那部影片与众不同. 6 [Tn, Tw] (fml 文) pay attention to (sth); note carefully 注意(某事物); 留心*You mark/Mark my words, ie You will find that what I say is correct. 留心听我说的话(你以後就明白我说得对).* Mark carefully how it is done. 仔细注意这是怎么做的. 7 [Tn] (sport 体) stay close to (an opposing player) so that he cannot play easily 钉住(对手)*Our defence had him closely marked throughout the first half. 我们的後卫在整个上半场都把他钉得死死的. 8 (idm 习语) a marked `man man whose conduct, etc has caused him to be disliked and selected for punishment, etc 因行为等令人不悦而遭惩罚等的人*By breaking the rule of absolute secrecy, he became a marked man. 他因违犯绝密条例, 成了处罚对象. mark `time(a) march without moving forward 原地踏步.(b) (fig 比喻) pass one's time doing sth routine until one can do sth more interesting, etc 等待时机*I'm just mark I'm hoping to become an actor. 我做这份工作是骑马找马; 我很希望当演员. m however 尽管如此; 反正; 可是; 然而*She hasn't had much success yet. Mark you, she does try hard. 她还没做出什么成绩来. 但她确实很努力. 9 (phr v) mark sb down reduce the marks given to sb in an examination, etc 给某人考试成绩等减分*She was marked down because her answers were too short. 她回答得太简短, 给减了分. mark sth down reduce the price of sth 减某物的价*All goods have been marked down by 15%. 所有货物一律八五折. mark sth off separate sth by marking a boundary 标明界限以隔开某物*We have marked the playing area off with a white line. 我们已用白线画出运动场地. mark sb out for sth (esp passive 尤用于被动语态) choose sb to receive sth special 选择某人接受某事物*a woman marked out for early promotion 被选定尽早晋升的女子* He was marked out for special training. 他被指定接受特殊训练. mark sth out draw lines to show the boundaries of sth 画线标出某物的界限*mark out a tennis court, car-park, etc 画出网球场、停车场等的界限. mark sb up increase the marks given to sb in an examination 给某人考试成绩加分*If we mark him up a tiny bit, he'll just get through. 我们只要给他稍加点分, 他就能勉强及格. mark sth up(a) add a percentage to the cost/wholesale price of sth in calculating the selling/retail price 给成本[批发]价格加一百分比(以计算销售[零售]价格)*Whisky is marked up by 150%. 威士忌在成本价上增加150%.(b) increase the price of sth 提高某物的价格*Cars have been marked up recently. 最近汽车已涨价./mɑ:k; mɑrk/n unit of money in Germany 马克(德国货币单位)*a ten-mark note 一张十马克纸币.
Much equipment and tools have conformance marks stamped, inscribed, moulded, or printed on them to indicate that the tool or equipment in question meets the standards set by the body indicated by the mark or marks in question.
  马克(德国) 电子电工词典:
标志,符号,标记 汽车词典:
①符号,标志②记号,特征,标识③痕迹,斑点 姓名词典:
使用国家:English, Russian, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Biblical
音标:MAHRK (English, Russian) &
释义:Form of . Saint Mark was the author of the second Gospel in the New Testament. He is the patron saint of Venice, where he is supposedly buried. Though in use during the Middle Ages, Mark was not common in the English-speaking world until the 19th century, when it began to be used alongside the classical form Marcus.In the Celtic legend of Tristan and Isolde this was the name of a king of Cornwall. It was also borne by the American author Mark Twain (), real name Samuel Clemens, the author of 'Tom Sawyer' and 'Huckleberry Finn'. He actually took his pen name from a call used by riverboat workers on the Mississippi River to indicate a depth of two fathoms. This is also the usual English spelling of the name of the 1st-century BC Roman triumvir Marcus Antonius (Mark Antony).
VARIANTS: &(English), &(Dutch), , &(Swedish), , &(Norwegian), , &(Danish)OTHER LANGUAGES: , , , &(Ancient Roman), , &(Basque), &(Biblical Greek), &(Biblical Latin), &(Bulgarian), , &(Catalan), &(Cornish), &(Croatian), , &(Czech), , , &(Finnish), , &(French), , , , , , &(German), &(Hawaiian), , &(Hungarian), &(Irish), , , &(Italian), &(Macedonian), , , &(Polish), , , , , , &(Portuguese), &(Romanian), &(Scottish), &(Serbian), , &(Slovak), &(Slovene), , , , &(Spanish), &(Ukrainian), &(Welsh)
1. But when I met Mark I found him a charming and intelligent young guy.
&&&&但是当我见到马克时,我发现他是一个既讨人喜欢又聪明的年轻人。
2. This continental slope usually starts at a place somewhere near the 100-fathom mark and in the course of a few hundred miles reaches the true ocean floor at 2,500-3,500 fathoms.
&&&&大陆架慢坡一般是从差不多100英寻水深的地方开始的,一直延伸到几百英里远深达2,500至3,500的地方,那里才是真正的海底。
3. Turning those pages and studying their photographs is like flowing on a sad current that, like Blake's Thames, seems to &mark in every face, marks of weakness, marks of woe.&
&&&&一张张翻看并研读这些照片,仿佛漂流在一条让人伤心的河流上,就像身处英国诗人布莱克笔下的泰晤士河畔,似乎
&看见每一个过往行人都是满脸饥色,满脸愁苦。&
4. He thinks fine clothes are a mark of gentility.
&&&&他认为衣著讲究是身分高贵的标志.
5. Has Mark flown solo yet?
&&&&马克已经单飞了吗?
6. &Mark has had problems with citizenship before and has always taken care of them himself,& Gail defended. &
&&&&&马克以前是有过公民身份方面的问题,但他总是在自己处理这些问题,& 盖尔辩解道。&
7. &Why the haste? Who is this Mark? What's his citizenship status?&
&&&&&干吗这么匆忙?这个马克是什么人?他是什么公民身份?&
8. &But Mark and I have been together more than two years,& Gail railed.
&&&&&但是我和马克呆在一起已有2年多了,& 盖尔抱怨道。
Some day I am going to read Shakespeare and Bernard Shaw and Dickens and Mark Twain — all in the original!
&&&&总有一天,我会去读莎士比亚、肖伯纳、狄更斯和马克·吐温的原著!
10. So you see, Mark's color is not the problem. My biggest worry is that you may be marrying Mark for the same wrong reasons that I married your father.
&&&&因此要明白,马克的肤色不是个问题。我最大的担心的是你也许跟我当初嫁给你爸爸一样,是因为错误的原因而嫁给马克的。
单词相关文章列表求答.改错 .This bezch is dangerouser than the other one.Your marks in the maths tests are highermine.My question is more difficulter to answer than yours.填比较级词语.1.The shirt is quite small.I need a ( ) one.2.The exam was very easy.I wa_百度作业帮
求答.改错 .This bezch is dangerouser than the other one.Your marks in the maths tests are highermine.My question is more difficulter to answer than yours.填比较级词语.1.The shirt is quite small.I need a ( ) one.2.The exam was very easy.I wa
求答.改错 .This bezch is dangerouser than the other one.Your marks in the maths tests are highermine.My question is more difficulter to answer than yours.填比较级词语.1.The shirt is quite small.I need a ( ) one.2.The exam was very easy.I was expecting it to be( ).3.Maybe we will arrive late.we should take an ( ) teain.4.What a boring programme!I thought it was going to be( )填的时候有than,也是比较级,后面的词语要加进去。1.Gold is( ) silver(expensive)。2.Boys are not always( )girls.(strong)3.Frends are( )money(important).4.Food from street markets is often( )food from supermarkets.(fresh)5.Money in the bank is ( ) money in your pocket.(safe)6.Chongqing is( ) many other cities in China.(rainy)7.Singapore is ( )Shenzhen.(hot)8.Computers are( ) typewtiters.(useful)9.Renmin Road is( ) other streets in Shenzhen.(crowded)
dangerouser 改成 more dangeroushigher和mine之间加一个thandifficulter改成difficultbiggermore difficultearliermore interesting请指出,希望能和你一起探讨~如果认为我的回答好的话,请及时采纳,Minnesota Recount: Missing Ballots, Smudged Marks, Democracy
Like what you're reading?
Never miss a thing with the HuffPost Politics newsletter!
&&Sign me up for
Newsletter may include personalized content..
More in Politics
You Might Also Like
More in Business
You Might Also Like
More in Entertainment
You Might Also Like
More in Media
You Might Also Like
More in WorldPost
You Might Also Like
More in Sports
You Might Also Like
More in Tech
You Might Also Like
More in Green
You Might Also Like
More in Gay Voices
You Might Also Like
Entertainment
Life & Style
Tech & Science
Our Mobile Apps:
Previous Story
Next Story
Minnesota Recount: Missing Ballots, Smudged Marks, Democracy
Missing ballots, obnoxious challengers, questionable smudges - election observers have seen it all in Minnesota's closely-watched recount of the Senate race between Norm Coleman and Al Franken. But overall, participants in the recount report a remarkably smooth demonstration of democracy in action. HuffPost volunteers in Minnesota sent us their reports and observations of the recount which started last Wednesday, November 19.If you want to help HuffPost report this developing story, send your observations to .
Monday, November 24Terry Kalil reports:This was the first day of the recount in Becker County where 3691 (20%) ballots were counted out of the total 18,093 ballots. The big news at the opening of the recount was an announcement by county auditor Ryan Tangen that 64 ballots were not counted on election night. The ballots were received by the county auditor and stored in the secure ballot area but, through an oversight, were not counted. Of the 64 ballots, 3 were rejected for invalid voter registration issues. The remaining 61 ballots are a mixture of absentee ballots and those from a number of precincts, including 7 from Shell Lake Township (my precinct) where 130 total votes were cast. After consulting with the Secretary of State and the Minnesota Attorney General, the auditor secured the ballots in a separate envelope and they will be incorporated separately into the recount. Both parties were notified of this matter before the day's recount began. The auditor also verified that the ballots did not affect the outcomes of local school, city, county or legislative races.During the recount, one precinct was missing 4 ballots -- 3 for Coleman, 1 for Franken. An absentee ballot containing the missing ballots was located in the precinct's supply box, which had been stored in the secure ballot storage area. The Franken campaign attempted to challenge the 3 Coleman ballots because they were not secured in the ballot box. After consulting the Secretary of State, the auditor announced that because challenges can only be made during this recount for voter intent reasons, the Franken campaign could not challenge the ballots. These 4 ballots were separated and secured in case the issue of ballot security is raised post-recount.The Franken campaign challenged 12 ballots counted for Coleman. The Coleman campaign challenged 12 ballots counted for Coleman. Challenges came primarily in Detroit Township (rural Detroit Lakes) where Franken challenged 11 of Coleman's 621 votes and Coleman challenged 9 or Franken's 376 ballots.Michael Bodnarchek reports: I spent two days in the recount center in St Paul Minnesota which is in Ramsey County and is the second largest county in the state. Having seen thousands of votes I think US Senator Norm Coleman will win. There has not been a dramatic shift. There will be a challenge in court just based on the response of the Franken people who were outnumbered in the count by Coleman people. They were much more vocal about a challenging votes which is usually the case when someone is losing or have lost. Saturday, November 22Donavon Cawley Reports:I was bored today, so I decided to go visit the Minneapolis ballot warehouse, where all ballots in the city are being recounted. My goal was a noble one - get as many photographs of the process as possible, and license them under a Creative Commons license, so people on the internet can freely use and distribute photographs of the process.
There are so many news organizations without people on the ground over here, and websites that want to report on the event, that free content is in high demand, with very little available to provide for them.
Plus, the Minneapolis ballot warehouse is just a five minute drive from my house, so I had little excuse not to go.Anyway, my trip was only a moderate success. I've gotten photographs, but none of them are very interesting. After asking her a few times, Cynthia Reichert, the Director of Elections for Minneapolis, had refused to allow me access to the contested ballots "as an administrative decision," meaning she didn't damn well feel like it. So the only photos of contested ballots I could get were from afar, and even then, the election judges were covering up the parts of the ballot that had the Senate votes so as to foil me.The Minneapolis ballot warehouse is a monster of a building containing 10 teams of two election judges, one Franken representative, and one Coleman representative each. Not to mention the bulk of the warehouse being dedicated to housing a city's worth of ballots, ballot transportation units, and ballot counting machines. On top of that, there are election officials, lawyers, observers, and media wandering around in the taped off zones in the center. It was, um, busy.The recount was a fairly smooth endeavor, with election judges gliding through ballots that had been presorted by the machines, and verifying that they were indeed Franken or Coleman votes. Representatives from each campaign were watching intently - sometimes too intently.
If a ballot looked questionable to them, the judge put it aside, and when the precinct was finished counting, it would be brought over to the challenge table, where volunteers, lawyers, and election judges would duke it out.The challenge table was made off limits to me and the only other media there today, KARE11-TV, the NBC affiliate in Minneapolis. This table was usually crowded with volunteers who didn't belong there, but were just interested to see how the challenges were going down. This was a quiet point where there were only the appropriate people there.I was able to catch a few shots of challenged ballots.
Most of them seemed to be bogus, with smudges and scribbles being challenged as changing the voters' intent.
One ballot saw, but could not photograph, was a ballot that was clearly marked for Al Franken, but also marked for John McC this apparently is a Coleman strategy of alleging that if they voted for McCain, the voter's intent obviously was to vote for Coleman as well.
Keep in mind, however, the ballots I saw were the ones that were just set aside by the election judges, and did not pass through any kind of legal rigors at the challenge table.Check out .
All photos are Creative Commons licensed, so anyone can use any of these photos, so long as I am notified and attributed.Barbara Boldenow reports:I have spent Wednesday & Thursday monitoring the recount at two different locations for an organization called CEIMN, Citizens for Election Integrity Minnesota and filed reports with them. This is an official organization affiliated with the League of Women Voters. Their website is .In two days of observing, I saw not one instance of irregularity. The process was meticulous. A video explanation would show the country how important paper ballots are and how an election and recount should be conducted. I am so proud to be a Minnesota voter.
I would strongly recommend someone get to a recount location to record a video story on our recount. There is no doubt that whoever wins this race, the vote count will be accurate. How wonderful this close race happened in Minnesota.Friday, November 21Steve Cross reports:I haven't just "visited" a recount site, I've worked an one for the last two days.
I am a "challenger" for Al Franken's campaign.Although I've got that connection, I'd say that nobody could have any valid complaint about the process.
I suppose the loser will have complaints but that doesn't mean they are valid (including my guy if he loses).Here's the process:The ballots have been kept in a locked room since election day.
(Some have been kept in an empty cell at the county jail -- at which, shall we say -- it is impossible to walk in and tinker with something.)
The ballots for the day are brought to the recount room by the county auditor or city election commissioner.
(Ours were accompanied by a uniformed officer with a sidearm.)A box or boxes are brought to a table for recount.
At each table are: a deputy auditor or e two election judges (lay people paid for working the recount just like working the polls on election day); two challenge two challengers for the other candidate.
So, there are seven pairs of eyes watching the recount of each precinct.
In addition to the official recount people, the public can come in and watch to their heart's content provided that they don't cross a plastic chain mounted on short polls.
(In other words, they can't get in the way of those doing the official recount.)
Among those watching are people from the League of Women Voters who are watching everything including -- including the other watchers.Then, one-by-one, the ballots are taken off the pile of ballots and put into separate piles for Franken, Coleman, and Others (in one pile for all).
The challengers see them all and can correct any placement in the wrong pile.
They can also challenge the ballot on the basis that the voter's intent isn't clear because of confusing marks, too many marks, too few marks, or stray marks that indicate who the voter is.
All challenged ballots go to the State Canvassing Board for decision.When the separation is done, the pile for each candidate is counted.
Ballots are grouped into groups of 25 with the succeeding 25 placed at right angles.
(Thus, it's easy to see the total by the tower of votes stacked in different directions.
A count of each pile is carried out and everyone there must agree that the count to be reported is correct.
All challenged ballots are reported separately.The totals are then reported to the auditor or election commissioner who compares the count to the count taken after the polls closed on election night.
If the numbers agree, then it's "Happy Day" and the pile is taken away and the raw ballots of a new precinct are brought to the table.
However, if they do NOT agree, then the ballots and procedure are reviewed to try to find the discrepancy.
(It usually is.
The auditor or election commissioner is the smartest man or woman in the room and he or she usually figures out the reason.
However, if no reason can be found, the recount of the precinct starts over.)It is my firm impression that even if someone wanted to jimmy the system, the system is incapable of being jimmied.
The people doing the counting are ordinary citizen volunteers who are serious about getting the count right.
The whole procedure is a credit to democracy.The State Canvassing Board is the ultimate decider of everything including the accuracy of the final count.
It consists of two Supreme Court Justices, two judges of the Ramsey County District Court (the County that the capitol is located in) and the Secretary of State.
Both campaigns have approved the justices and judges that have been put on the canvassing board.There are 2,900,000+ ballots to be recounted.
When the work is done, the number will be exactly right and not just approximately right.Anyone who says that the process isn't fair and accurate doesn't know what they are talking about.PS -- About 19 days were allocated to the recount.
After 3 days, about 50% have been counted.
With 2,900,000 ballots, that's about 333,000 ballots counted each day.
Not bad for a bunch of ordinary citizens.Eric Oines reports:My wife is an election judge.
It is all going quite smoothly.
There have been challenges, but by all accounts everything is on the up and up.
Both sides are letting it proceed unhindered and unharrassed.Susanna Patterson reports:I worked as an Observer/Challenger for the Franken Campaign at the Washington County Government Center on the first day of the recount -- Wednesday, November 19. I hate to sound corny, but there's really no other way of putting it: The whole process restored my faith in Democracy -- at least so far as it is defined by the voting process in Minnesota.Without exception, the participants were all very civil to one another, regardless of their partisan leanings. All of the election judges and clerks that I worked with were very accommodating, willingly slowing down, recounting batches, and stopping when I wanted to take a second or third look at a particular ballot. We developed a rapport amongst the members of our sorting-and-counting teams -- including the representatives of the opposition -- laughing together at some of the more bizarre write-ins that we came across.Virtually all of us were guided by the common sense spirit of Minnesota's law, which says that the goal of those examining the ballots is to determine the actual intent of the voter -- and not to become obsessed with technicalities and minutiae.I will be observing the count again tomorrow -- probably in Washington County again, but perhaps in Ramsey or Hennepin County -- and I fully expect to find the same spirit of cooperation, cameraderie and common sense, regardless of where I am assigned.
Filed by Marcus Baram
FOLLOW HUFFPOST
Email Address
The Morning Email
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day..
Google Plus
Notify message
* Required
* What kind of error is this?
Choose an option
Factual or typographical
Comment moderation problem
Rights and permissions
* What is the correction?
Describe the error here (1,000 character limit)
* Type the words below so we know you are not a cyborg
Sign me up for The Morning Email
Thanks for your report!

我要回帖

更多关于 a bunch of 可数 的文章

随机推荐