2页¥0.501页¥0.5029页¥0.50235页¥6.00235页¥6.00 11页¥0.5032页¥0.50102页¥0.50513页免费5页1下载券
喜欢此文档的还喜欢30页免费513页免费10页免费8页免费14页免费
2014年高考英语试卷汇编 word版 (全附答案或解析)|
把文档贴到Blog、BBS或个人站等:
普通尺寸(450*500pix)
较大尺寸(630*500pix)
你可能喜欢收获作文,关于收获的作文,免费作文网
收获作文,关于收获的作文,描写收获的作文
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
作文网与您分享优秀作文,初中作文,中学作文,小学作文,收获作文,关于收获的作文,高考作文,话题作文等,做最好的作文网!
版权所有 &百度知道搜索_no gainNo pain, no gain as Herminator seizes super-G
(China Daily)
Hermann Maier of Austria celebrates his victory in the FIS Ski World Cup Men's Super G on Sunday in Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada. Maier finished with a time of 1:29.84. AFP
LAKE LOUISE, Canada: Austrian legend Hermann Maier skied through the pain of a bad back Sunday to snap an almost three-year win drought by capturing the first super-G of the World Cup season.
Maier, who almost retired in the off season, clocked one minute, 29.84 seconds on the steep Whitehorn Mountain course to finish just O.59 seconds ahead of Canada's John Kucera (130.43). Swiss downhill champ Didier Cuche was third in 130.52.
Maier's Austrian teammate Michael Walchhofer was fourth in 1:30.63 and Marco Sullivan, of the US, and Swiss Didier Defago tied for fifth in 1:30.71.
"This is special," said Maier, who turns 36 next Sunday. "In the spring I thought I would retire. Now I am happy I didn't stop. It is a present for me to win here."
It was like a giant hand reached up and turned back the clock for the four-time Olympic medalist on Sunday. This was Maier's fourth career super-G win in Lake Louise and his 54th career World Cup win. His last super-G victory was at Kitzbuehel, Austria, on Jan 20, 2006, and his last previous World Cup victory came eight days later, in a downhill at Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany.
Cuche said he hopes this isn't the return of the Herminator.
"It is nice to see him back but hopefully it is only Hermann Maier and not the 'Herminator'," Cuche said.
The Austrian veteran said he almost retired in the off-season but decided to give it another shot after some good training runs in Chile.
Maier, who started from the 10th position, has been skiing all week in the Canadian Rockies with a bad back. He suffered a disc injury in his lower back in early September and lost two months of training heading into the opening speed races of the season.
Doctors told him he had a four millimeter fracture and now takes pain killers before races.
"My last win here was in 2003, so it is five years later. The super-G is maybe my favorite discipline," Maier said.
With just 15 months to go before the 2010 Winter Games in nearby Vancouver, British Columbia, Maier said he is not thinking about the Olympics and is just hoping to put together a string of good performances this season.
"It is great to look into the future but the Olympics is so far away," Maier said.
"I don't know at this point," he said of his 2010 plans.
The 24-year-old Kucera came close to posting his second super-G win in Lake Louise in three years.
He won the super-G here in the 2006-07 season for his lone World Cup win.
Cuche, 34, is the reigning World Cup downhill champion. He made amends for a disappointing 32nd place showing in Saturday's downhill by reaching his third Lake Louise podium on Sunday.
(China Daily 12/02/2008 page24)

我要回帖

更多关于 pain and gain 的文章

随机推荐