a bird in the houses busy in building his house!

Several years ago, a television reporter was talking to three of the most important people in America. One was a very rich banker, another owned one of the largest companies in the world, and the third owned many buildings in the center of New York. The reporter was talking to them about being important.“How do we know if someone is really important?” the reporter asked the banker. The banker thought for a few moments and then said, “I think anybody who is invited to the White House to meet the President of the United States is really important.” The reporter then turned to the owner of the very large company. “Do you agree with that?” she asked. The man shook his head, “No. I think the President invites a lot of people to the White House. You‘d only be important if while you were visiting the President, there was a telephone call from the president of another country, and the President of the US said he was too busy to answer it.” The reporter turned to the third man. “Do you think so?”“No, I don‘t,” he said. “I don’t think that makes the visitor important. That makes the President important.”“Then what would make the visitor important?” the reporter and the other two men asked.“Oh, I think if the visitor to the White House was talking to the President and the phone rang, and the President picked up the receiver, listened and then said, ‘It’s for you.‘ ”小题1: There are _______ in this passage.A.two men and two womenB.three men and one womanC.three women and one manD.four women小题2: The banker thought _______.A.he was really important because he was a rich bankerB.the visitor to the White House was really importantC.the visitor who met the President of the United StatesD.the reporter was really important小题3: The owner of the very large company thought _______.A.she was really important because she owned one of the largest companiesB.the banker was really importantC.the owner of many buildings in the center of New York was really importantD.the visitor would be really important if while he was visiting the President, the President would not answer any telephone call小题4: The owner of many buildings thought _______.A.he was really important because he owned many buildings in the center of New YorkB.the owner of the very large company was really importantC.the visitor was really important if he talking to the President and the President received a telephone call for the visitorD.the person who worked in the White House was really important - 跟谁学
在线咨询您好,告诉我您想学什么,15分钟为您匹配优质老师哦马上咨询
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询您好,告诉我您想学什么,15分钟为您匹配优质老师哦马上咨询&&&分类:Several years ago, a television reporter was talking to three of the most important people in America. One was a very rich banker, another owned one of the largest companies in the world, and the third owned many buildings in the center of New York. The reporter was talking to them about being important.“How do we know if someone is really important?” the reporter asked the banker. The banker thought for a few moments and then said, “I think anybody who is invited to the White House to meet the President of the United States is really important.” The reporter then turned to the owner of the very large company. “Do you agree with that?” she asked. The man shook his head, “No. I think the President invites a lot of people to the White House. You‘d only be important if while you were visiting the President, there was a telephone call from the president of another country, and the President of the US said he was too busy to answer it.” The reporter turned to the third man. “Do you think so?”“No, I don‘t,” he said. “I don’t think that makes the visitor important. That makes the President important.”“Then what would make the visitor important?” the reporter and the other two men asked.“Oh, I think if the visitor to the White House was talking to the President and the phone rang, and the President picked up the receiver, listened and then said, ‘It’s for you.‘ ”小题1: There are _______ in this passage.A.two men and two womenB.three men and one womanC.three women and one manD.four women小题2: The banker thought _______.A.he was really important because he was a rich bankerB.the visitor to the White House was really importantC.the visitor who met the President of the United StatesD.the reporter was really important小题3: The owner of the very large company thought _______.A.she was really important because she owned one of the largest companiesB.the banker was really importantC.the owner of many buildings in the center of New York was really importantD.the visitor would be really important if while he was visiting the President, the President would not answer any telephone call小题4: The owner of many buildings thought _______.A.he was really important because he owned many buildings in the center of New YorkB.the owner of the very large company was really importantC.the visitor was really important if he talking to the President and the President received a telephone call for the visitorD.the person who worked in the White House was really importantSeveral years ago, a television reporter was talking to three of the most important people in America. One was a very rich banker, another owned one of the largest companies in the world, and the third owned many buildings in the center of New York. The reporter was talking to them about being important.“How do we know if someone is really important?” the reporter asked the banker. The banker thought for a few moments and then said, “I think anybody who is invited to the White House to meet the President of the United States is really important.” The reporter then turned to the owner of the very large company. “Do you agree with that?” she asked. The man shook his head, “No. I think the President invites a lot of people to the White House. You‘d only be important if while you were visiting the President, there was a telephone call from the president of another country, and the President of the US said he was too busy to answer it.” The reporter turned to the third man. “Do you think so?”“No, I don‘t,” he said. “I don’t think that makes the visitor important. That makes the President important.”“Then what would make the visitor important?” the reporter and the other two men asked.“Oh, I think if the visitor to the White House was talking to the President and the phone rang, and the President picked up the receiver, listened and then said, ‘It’s for you.‘ ”小题1: There are _______ in this passage.A.two men and two womenB.three men and one womanC.three women and one manD.four women小题2: The banker thought _______.A.he was really important because he was a rich bankerB.the visitor to the White House was really importantC.the visitor who met the President of the United StatesD.the reporter was really important小题3: The owner of the very large company thought _______.A.she was really important because she owned one of the largest companiesB.the banker was really importantC.the owner of many buildings in the center of New York was really importantD.the visitor would be really important if while he was visiting the President, the President would not answer any telephone call小题4: The owner of many buildings thought _______.A.he was really important because he owned many buildings in the center of New YorkB.the owner of the very large company was really importantC.the visitor was really important if he talking to the President and the President received a telephone call for the visitorD.the person who worked in the White House was really important科目:最佳答案小题1:B小题1: B小题1:
C解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心答案:C提示:
从结构看应该使用动词不定式作定语,to take care of与其修饰的kids有逻辑上的动宾关系,介词of不可省略。
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
   Keeping fit is important thing of our life.
  (1)______
The fit person who has good health is definitely
more efficient in carry out his task either as a&
student in a school, a worker in an office and
even a housewife at home.There are different way
to keep fit.It is necessary to observe a well-balanced
diet in daily.Different kinds of food
has different functions building up and
maintain our bodies.Another way to keep fit
is by exercising regularly.Learning what to relax
(10)______
our bodies is certainly an effective way to keep fit.
题型:阅读理解
Snow-melting Agent
A heavy snow can kill pests and this means a good harvest next year.This will bring as well as trouble to urbanites.
On Nov.16,2003,a cold air current brought a heavy snow to Beijing.To prevent traffic jams,related government departments mobilized people to clear off snow on streets.
One of the most effective ways to clear off snow on roads is to scatter snow-melting agent on the roads.The major component of the snow-melting agent is salt.The snow-melting agent can make snow stop from freezing,make it easier to clear off the road,and allow traffic to flow smoothly.But it also brings about some hidden dangers.In the spring of 2003,over 300 000 trees in Beijing urban districts died.After analyzing soil around these trees,experts discovered that the salt content of these soils was 392 times higher than normal.Where did the excessive salt come from?After investigating,forestry experts found that when clearing snow in the winter,people usually heap snow containing snow-melting agent at trees’ roots,and that when the snow melts,this agent penetrates the soil and increases its salt content.The snow-melting agent indirectly killed the trees.
Statistics show that during a heavy snow in 2002,over 1000 tons of snow-melting agent was scatterred on streets in Beijing.Snow water containing a large amount of snow-melting agent got into the soil through sewers.
In addition,salt in the snow-melting agent can expedite the corrosion of steel bars in concrete buildings and cause the concrete to crack and peel,shortening the life of roads.
Scientists and government officials are required to solve traffic problems caused by heavy snows as soon as possible and at the same time try to reduce the negative effects of the snow-melting agent.This is a difficult problem placed before them.Related authorities have framed some local criteria to regulate the production and use of snow-melting agents.
Now,more harmless snow-melting agents are being developed.Now that even snow-melting agents that meet today’s criteria must still be used carefully,we have to rely more on our manpower and machines to clear off snow.
This year,in addition to using snow-melting agents,Beijing will use a large number of snow vehicles to clear snow on roads.In more places,citizens are mobilized to clear snow with their hands.This may be a test of a city’s civilization level.
Salt is a snow-melting agent while _________ is a cleaning agent.
A.water&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.soap&&&& C.a washing-machine&&&& D.a housewife
The third paragraph of the text is mainly about _______.
A.the side effect of snow-melting agent
B.a case of damage to trees caused by snow-melting agent
C.the results of using snow-melting agent
D.the uses of snow-melting agent
According to the text,the most practical way to clear off snow is to _________.
A.use snow-melting agent as much as possible
B.only use more harmless snow-melting agent
C.encourage people to clear snow with their hands
D.use more snow vehicles
This text most probably appears in_________.
A.a newspaper&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B.a magazine on latest findings
C.a book on salt&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D.a magazine on environmental protection
As nanny(保姆), cook, cleaner, shopper, driver, and gardener, she has one of the most demanding jobs in Britain today. And paying someone else to do the chores(家务活) which take the average housewife 71 hours a week would cost ?349.
&&& At over ?18,000 a year that’s more than the earnings of 70 percent of the population, including train drivers, firemen, prison officers, and social worker. Looking after a baby less than a year old takes a housewife into a even higher pay league. According to a study, she earns ?457 a week – at nearly ?24,000 a year, the same as teachers, engineers, and chemists.
&&&& Researchers put a price on each chore, then tried to find out how long the average person takes doing them. They found housewives spend an average 70.7 hours a week on housework – with looking after the children (17.9hours) and cooking and cleaning (12.9 hours each) the most time-consuming(费时).
&&&& A wife with a part-time job still works and average of 59 hours a week at home. Those in full-time employment put in longer hours at home than in the workplace. The good news is that these hours sharply decrease as children get older. While the average mother with child under one puts in 90 hours weekly, the figure drops to 80 hours from one to four and to 66 hours from five to ten.
&&&& Mother-of-four Karen Williams from London said, “Paying the housewives may not be practical, but the government should recognize the value of housework, perhaps through the tax. Running a house takes a lot of time and most husbands don’t understand this. For example, my husband only puts a shelf up now and again. He never cleans the kitchen – that’s the real test.”
Who earns most according to the text?
&& A. A social worker.&&&&B. A fireman.&& C. A gardener.&& D. A teacher.
We lean from the text that looking after children ______.
& A. takes more time than doing any other housework
B. means more duties than being a teacher
&&C. requires the mother to be well-educated
&&D. prevents the mother from working outside
According to the text, a housewife with a baby less than one year old may work _____.
&&A. 66 hours a week&&& B. 71 hours a week&& &C. 80 hours a week&&& D. 90 hours a week
By mentioning her husband, Karen Williams wants to show that ______.
&& A. housework is no easy job&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. her husband has no time to clean the kitchen
&& C. a housewife needs to be paid for cleaning&& D. the kitchen is hard to clean
As John moved his bicycle out of the driveway, he heard his mom shout, “Don’t forget to lock it!” He thought to himself that she was such a&& 36& . Really, what could&& 37&& at that little library in the small prairie(大草原)town?
The day,&& 38&& most that summer, was bright and hot. As he&& 39& , sweat trickled(滴下) down. When he arrived at the library, he leaned his bike&& 40&& the railing(栏杆) and,&& 41&& his mother’s advice, didn’t bother to&& 42 &&it.
The library was extremely&& 43& , filled with the distinct smell of books.&& 44&& in the stacks(堆), John spent longer than he’d imagined&& 45&& just the right book. He waited patiently for his&& 46& , and watched&& 47&& the librarian fed his card through the recorded machine.
As he went out of the library, he saw his bike&& 48&& down the sidewalk. Walking beside it was a boy, perhaps fifteen years old.
“Hey! That’s my bike! What do you think you’re doing? Give it&& 49& .”
“Give it back! You’re&& 50& . It’s not yours.”
John felt&& 51&& with this boy and his words that the bike was his own. What could he do? He wasn’t at all sure&& 52&& to deal with him.
At that moment, John surprised himself.&& 53&& a step toward the boy, he took&& 54&& of his bike. “This bike is mine. You’ll have to give it back to me.”&& 55&& by his determination, the boy let him go. John jumped on and rode home as quickly as he dared. He felt a little strange, however, and a bit older somehow, but he couldn’t quite put his finger on why.
36. A. housewife&& &&&&&&&&&&&& B. mother&&&&&&&&&&&&& && & C. worrier&& &&&&&&& D. talker
37. A. happen&& &&&&&&&&& B. steal&&& &&&&&&&&&& C. lose&&& && &&&&&&&& D. take
38. A. as&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. with&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. of&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. like
39. A. went&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. rode&& &&&&&&&&&&& C. ran&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. drove
40. A. to&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. on&&&&& & &&&&&&&&&& C. at&&&&&&&&&&&&& && &&&&&&&& D. against
41. A. remembering&&& &&&&&& B. thinking&&&&&& C. reminding&&&& &&&&&& D. ignoring
42. A. lock&& &&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. place&& &&&&&&&&&& C. mind&& &&&&&&&&&& D. care
43. A. hot&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. warm&& &&&&&&&&&& C. cool& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. cold
44. A. Missed& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Run& &&&&&&& &&&& C. Seated&& &&&&&&&& D. Lost
45. A. to choose& &&&&&&&& B. choosing& &&&&&&& C. to search& &&&&&&& D. searching
46. A. turn& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. chance&& &&&&&&&& C. book&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. Bike
47. A. as&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. because&& &&&&&&& C. since&& &&&&&&&&&&& D. while
48. A. move& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. moving&&&&& && & C. moved& &&&&&&&&&& D. being moved
49. A. in&&&&&&&& && &&&&&&&& B. out&&&& && &&&&&&&& C. up&&&&& && &&&&&&&& D. back
50. A. laughing&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. smiling&&&&&&&&&&&& C. cheating&&&&&&&&&&& D. joking
51. A. angry& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. glad&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. sorry&& &&&&&&&&&& D. content
52. A. what&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. how&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. when&& &&&&&&&&&& D. whether
53. A. Walking&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Making&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Going&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Taking
54. A. hand&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. lift&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. hold&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. finger
55. A. scared&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. surprised&&&&&&&&&& C. worried&&&&&&&&&&&& D. disappointed
来源:学年江苏省启东中学高一下学期期中考试英语试卷(带解析)
题型:完型填空
Whenever my kids have a party at school, I am the mom who always signs up to bring the juice boxes. It’s not because I’m &&36&&or that I don’t care if my kids have a good party. I am just not good at making homemade bread into holiday-themed shapes like other mothers. &&37&, I’m happy to try, even though it’ll &&38&&me a long time to do it.People say that housewives should have the &&39&&to make delicious meals, keep their houses clean, and &&40&&every minute of their child’s life. Their words used to &&41&&me a lot. I felt that I should also be able to do those things as a housewife. So &&42&&I couldn’t make the turkey-shaped cookies, I &&43&&feeling like a failure as a mom.After many &&44&&attempts at baking, and many afternoons spent crying over my inabilities as a mother, I finally accepted the &&45&&that my lot(命运) in life is to be the juice box mom. I worked hard to be the &&46&&one in the elementary school. And after one of my daughter’s class parties, it &&47&. Her teacher stopped me as I was leaving and said, “Thank you so much for always bringing &&48&&drinks. Sometimes parents forget that other children will also &&49&&class parties, and they end up being left out because we don’t have enough &&50&&for everyone.”I just accepted her appreciation, rather than telling her that I brought extra drinks because I could &&51&&remember how many kids were in the class. But her &&52&&taught me an important lesson: I’m not a failure as a mom.Not everyone is cut out to be a(n) &&53&&mom. I believe it’s okay to be the juice box mom. I may not bake cookies and decorate them beautifully, but I &54&&something to drink. And I think that’s just as &&55&.【小题1】A.smartB.lazyC.tiredD.desperate【小题2】A.However
B.Therefore C.OtherwiseD.Besides【小题3】A.costB.giveC.introduceD.take【小题4】A.dreamB.abilityC.experienceD.tool【小题5】A.compare
B.saveC.treasureD.teach【小题6】A.reflectB.puzzleC.upsetD.amuse【小题7】A.unlessB.becauseC.thoughD.when【小题8】A.ended upB.went onC.insisted onD.set out【小题9】A.failedB.carelessC.successfulD.useful【小题10】A.goalB.opinionC.factD.impression【小题11】A.slowestB.bestC.worstD.quickest【小题12】A.stood outB.got outC.came backD.paid off【小题13】A.coldB.softC.extraD.fresh【小题14】A.attend B.holdC.enjoyD.leave【小题15】A.cookiesB.drinksC.booksD.cups【小题16】A.alreadyB.alwaysC.everD.never【小题17】A.contributionB.appreciationC.congratulationD.comprehension【小题18】A.loyalB.cleverC.ableD.rich【小题19】A.provideB.makeC.buyD.retell【小题20】A.believable
B.ridiculousC.interestingD.important
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!

我要回帖

更多关于 house building acm 的文章

随机推荐