is mike usually listen radiothe radio?哪里错了?

unit 12 what is the best radio station 测验题1(人教新目标八年级上)doc--预览
试卷 教案 课件 搜索
试题搜索答案
☉禁止使用迅雷下载本站资源,如果不能下载请联系QQ:
☉如果遇到什么问题,可以加网站QQ群()
☉本站提供的资源仅供学习研究之用,任何涉及商业盈利目的均不得使用。
下载内容预览: 预览不包含图片,只是文字内容 ,需要完整资源请下载.
第十二单元达标测验题(100分90分钟)
一、听力测试(每小题1分,共20分)
(一)听句子,选择你所听到的单词
1.A.theater
C.seat
2.A.cloth
B.clothes
C.clothing
3.A.comfortable
B.important
C.impossible
4.A.perform
B.performer
C.performance
5.A.put
C.cut
(二)听句子,选择与句子意思相符的图画
(三)听对话,选择正确答案
11.A.The Town Cinema.
B.The Showtime Cinema.
C.Both the two Cinemas.
12.A.The first one.
B.The nearer one.
C.The farther one.
13.A.The girl in blue.
B.The girl in red.
C.It's hard to say.
14.A.Tom.
C.Anna does.
15.A.Spring
B.Summer.
C.Autumn.
(四)听短文,判断句子正误,正确写A,错误写B
16.Mike never really washed his hands clean because he didn't like water.
17.Ted lived very near to Mike.
18.Mike was a year older than Ted.
19.Ted's hands were the cleanest of a11.
20.Mike's hands were dirtier than Ted's.
二、单项选择(每小题1分,共15分)
21.Qingdao
is_____ the east of China.
D.from
22.Li Mei is
cleverest of the four.
C.the D./
23.This room is ________ ,but it doesn't have________ .
A.enough big;enough windows
B.big enough;window enough
C.enough big;windows enough D.big enough;enough windows
24.Did you have any_________ in studying English?
A.success
B.succeed
C.successful
D. successfully
25.一Jazz 107.9 FM is a good radio station.
一Yes,it __________ the most beautiful music.
C.play with D.playing with
26.What's _________
movie theater in your town?
B.the better
C.the worst D.worse
27.No.3 Bus has________ seats and it also has __________
A.the most comfortable;good
B.comfortable:better
C.the most comfortable;the friendliest
13.more comfortable;the friendlier
28.In Harbin,tourists need __________
warm clothes in winter.
C.to wear D.to put on
29.Her handwriting is much better than________
C.her brother D.her brother's
30.Of all the boys Tom is _________to the window.
C.nearest D.the nearest
31.Could you please turn down the radio a little? It's too______
C.noisy D.terrific
32.Julia played a________
just now.
A.music piano
B.piano music
C.piano piece D.piece piano
33.Can you sing? We need
actors for the talent show.
A.some much
B.more some
C.some more D.many more
34.The two friends are______
each other in age.
A.close to
B.close from
C.closing to D.closing from
35."Lucy is always ready to help others.""_______the girl is!"
A.How lovely
B.What lovely
C.What a lovely D.How a lovely
三、完形填空(每小题1分,共10_分)
Many people like watching TV.Watching TV is
of the most important activities(活动)of the day.TV brings the outside world
37 to people's house.Some people
38 the world is getting smaller than
What's happening in other countries?40 do people live in faraway(遥远)places? Is there a good sports game somewhere(在某处)?What's life in the deepest part of the sea? If you want to 41 these and other things,just turn 42 the TV and watch it.Of course people can also learn through listening to the 43
,but TV can help them learn better and more easily.Why? Because they can hear,and watch,44
.TV can give us new 45
.It's an interesting thing.
36.A.some
C.a D.one
37.A.farther
C.close D.far
38.A.say
C.talk D.tell
39.A.ago
C.after D.1ater
40.A.Why
C.How D.Where
41.A.100k
C.study D.see
42.A.off
C.down D.up
43.A.TV
C.film D.newspaper
44.A.too
C.neither D.again
45.A.things
C.books D.songs
四、阅读理解(每小题1分,共15分)
A
Popular music in America is what every student likes.Students carry small radios with earphones and listen to music before class,after class,and at lunch.Students with cars buy large speakers and play the music loudly as they drive on the street.
Adult(成年的)drivers listen to music on the car radio as they drive to work.They also listen to the news about sports,the weather,and the life of American people.Most of the radio programmes are music.
Pop or popular music singers make much money.They make a CD or tape which radio stations use in many places.0nce the popular singer is heard all over the country,young people buy his or her tapes.Some of the money from these tapes goes to the singer.Wherever the singer goes,all the young people want to meet him or her.Now the singer has become a national(国家的)star.
There are other kinds of music that are important to Americans.One is called folk(民间)music.It tells stories about the common life of Americans.Another is called western or country music.This was started by cowboys(牛仔)who would sing at night to the cows they were watching.Today,any music about country life and the love between a country boy and his girl is called western or country music.
46.________ kinds of music are mentioned(提到)in this passage.
C.Four D.Five
4 7.When pop singers ________,they will become national stars.
A.make much money
B.make a CD or tape
C.are loved by all the young people D.are wanted to sing on the radio
4 8.From the passage we know that country music is about the__________.
A.common life of Americans
B.country life and love stories
C.1ife of cowboys D.school life in America
49.Which of the following is true according to this passage?
A.Most students in America like popular music.
B.Students with cars in America like to listen to music while driving.
C.Adult drivers in America listen to music all the time while driving.
D.Everyone in America wants to meet pop singers wherever they go.
50.what would be the best title(标题)for this passage?
A.American Music
B.Popular Music C.History of Music D.Western Music
'
Bob's Bargain Department Store is the cheapest store in town.However,even though(即使)it's the cheapest,it isn't the most popular.People don't shop there very often because the products are bad.In fact,some people say the products there are the worst in town.
The clothes aren't very fashionable,the appliances(用具) aren't very dependable(可靠的),and the record players and tape recorders aren't very good.Besides that(除此以外),the location(位置)isn't very convenient,and the salespeople aren't very helpful.
The Lord and Lady Department Store sells very good products.In fact,some people say the products there are the best in town.They sell the most fashionable clothes,the most dependable appliances t and the best record players and tape recorders.And besides that,their location is the most convenient(便利的),and their salespeople are the most helpful in town.
However,even though it is the best store in town,people don't often shop there because it's also the most expensive.
The Super Saver Department Store is the most popular store in town.It isn't the cheapest.and it isn't the most expensive.It doesn't have the best products,and it doesn't have the worst.
The clothes aren't the most fashionable you can buy,but they're more fashionable than the clothes at many other stores.The appliances aren't the most dependable you can buy,but they're more dependable than the appliances at many other stores.The record players and tape recorders aren't the best you can buy,but they're better than the ones at many other stores.In addition(另外),the location is convenient,and the salespeople are helpful.
根据上文内容判断下列句子正(T)误(F)
51.Bob' Bargain Department Store is the most popular store in town.
52.The salespeople at Lord and Lady are more helpful than the salespeople at Super Saver.
53.The location of Lord and Lady isn't as convenient as the location of B0b's.
54.It's the most expensive in the Super Saver Department Store.
55.People in this town say the cheapest department store is the Super Saver Department.
C
Reporter:Hello,I'm a reporter from the radio station.I'm making a survey.
Jack:Sure.
Reporter: Do you like watching movies?
Jack:
Reporter:So what do you think is the best movie theater in town?
Jack:Rose Cinema,I think.
Reporter:Why do you think so?
Jack:
Reporter: Well,what do you think about Town Cinema?
Jack:
Reporter:Ok.Then what about Movie Palace?
Jack:It's the cheapest,and the movies are the latest.
Reporter:How far is it from your home?
Jack:
Reporter:Ok,that's a11.Thank you.
Jack:It's my pleasure.
A.Very far.But it is convenient to take the subway.
B.Yes,very much.And 1 watch them once a week.
C.I like movies and I often go to the cinema.
D.What do you think of the movies?
E.May I have you some time,Jack?
F.Town Cinema and Movie Palace are good,but Rose Cinema has the biggest screens and the most comfortable seats.
G.It has the friendliest service,but it is the most expensive.
五、根据句意及所给首字母完成单词(每小题1分,共5分)
61.Sanya is in Hainan P___________.
62.There's a very good play this evening.Let's go to the t________ together.
63.People are becoming richer and richer and they live an e________ life now.
64.The q______
of the service in that hotel is very poor.
6 5.The baby is sleeping.Turn off the r_______
,please.
六、用括号内单词的适当形式填空(每小题1分,共5分)
66.I think the new market is the_______(close)to the school.Let's go there.
67.She wants to join a
_______(music)group.
68.Jackie Chan is a world-famous_____ (act)movie star.
69.The price of the cheese ____________ (be)very low.
70.China is in the_________(northern)of Asia.
七、通读下文,掌握大意,然后从所给的词汇中选择合适的词填空(每空1分,共5分)
Every ,town ,always ,works,more
Joe Sanders has the most beautiful garden in our town.Nearly everybody enters for "The Nicest Garden Competition"each year,but Joe wins 71 time.Bill Frith's garden is larger than Joe's.Bill
72 harder than Joe and grows more flowers and vegetables,but Joe's garden is
73 interesting.He has made neat paths(整洁的小路)and has built a wooden bridge over a pool.I like gardens,too,but I do not like hard work.Every year I enter for the garden competition,too,and I
win a little prize for the worst garden in the
!
八、根据汉语完成句子(每小题2分,共10分)
76.这儿的食物足够大家吃了。There's ________
__________ for everyone.
77.她是这些孩子中年龄最大的。She is the _______
_______ these children.
78.他不辞而别。He left ________
80.上个月我们对市场做了调查。We did a ________
_____ the markets last month.
九、书面表达(15分)
为了丰富业余生活,你校学生会(Students,Union)将举行一次音乐周活动。请你以组织者的身份写一个书面通知。有关内容如下:
时间:7月份的第1周。
活动:1.演唱歌曲;流行歌曲;2.器乐演奏:古典和民间音乐,3.音乐比赛;听歌曲片断,然后猜出处。
地点:届时通知。
参加者请于6月20日前报名。
注意:1.书面通知应写成一篇连贯的短文;2.可以适当增加细节;3.词数100左右;
4.生词:古典的classical,民间folk,乐器musical instrument,比赛contest,报名sign up
附听力材料及参考答案
(一)1.Where's
the nearest theater?
2.Qi Qi's clothing store has the best service.
3.It has the most comfortable seats.
4.Mary was the best performer.
5.Hotels usually cut their prices in winter.
(二)6.The woman is making dinner.
7.There's a barn in our village.
8.Some people are going to the cinema.
9.Next to the post office there is a store.
10.The man is washing his car.
(三)11.M:The Town Cinema is the cheapest in the town,isn't it?
W:No,I don't think so.The Showtime Cinema is a bit cheaper.
Q:Which cinema is the cheapest in the town?
12.M:Let's go to the next station.
W:The second station? No.How about going to the new station? It's farther off but bigger.
Q:Which station is smaller?
13.M:The girl in red is taller than any other student in her class.
W:I'm afraid not.You see the girl in blue is even taller.
Q:Who is the tallest in the class?
14.M:Tom and Jim study harder than Jan.
W:But Anna studies even harder than Tom and Jim.
Q:Who studies hardest of the four?
15.M:I'm fond of swimming.So I like summer better than winter.Which season do you
like best,Miss Green?
W:I love flowers.So I like spring better than any other season.
Q:Which season does Miss Green like best?
(四)Mike was a small boy.He didn't like water.When his mother asked him to wash his hands,
he never really washed them well.He only put his hands in the water for a few seconds and then
took them out again.
Mike's uncle and aunt lived in another city.One day they came to stay with Mike's parents,
and they bought their small son,Ted,with them.Ted was a year younger than Mike,and didn't like water,either.
The two boys went out to play.After an hour.Mike looked at Ted's hands and then said,
"You are a clean boy!"
参考答案:
一、1~5:ACABC 6~10:DCAEB 11~15:BBACA 16~20:ABABA
二、21~25.CCDAB
26~30CCCDD
31~35CCCAA
三、36~40DBABC
41~45BBBAB
四、46~50BCBAA
51~55 FTFFF
56~60 EBFGA
五、61.Province
62.theater
64. quality
六、 66. closest
67.musical
69.is 70.north
七、71.every
74.town
八、76. enough food
77.oldest of
78.without saying
79.It's 15℃
80.survey about
九、范文
Dear students,
The Students' Union has decided to hold a music week. It will hold in the first week of July.
There you can sing pop songs and play classical and folk music. Take your own musical instruments, please. A music contest will be included, too. The students joining the contest will listen to a part of song or a piece of music , and then guess where does it comes from. If you'd like to join the music week , please comes and sign up for it before June 20th. The place for the party will hold later . come to the great fun!
Students' Union take part in.
??
永久免费在线组卷
课件教案下载 无需注册和点数
永久免费在线组卷 课件教案下载 无需注册和点数
永久免费在线组卷
永久免费在线测试
可圈可点教案下载
免费观看教学视频[初二英语]unit12 What is the best radio station----&#x2d..
扫扫二维码,随身浏览文档
手机或平板扫扫即可继续访问
[初二英语]unit12 What is the best radio station
举报该文档为侵权文档。
举报该文档含有违规或不良信息。
反馈该文档无法正常浏览。
举报该文档为重复文档。
推荐理由:
将文档分享至:
分享完整地址
文档地址:
粘贴到BBS或博客
flash地址:
支持嵌入FLASH地址的网站使用
html代码:
&embed src='/DocinViewer-4.swf' width='100%' height='600' type=application/x-shockwave-flash ALLOWFULLSCREEN='true' ALLOWSCRIPTACCESS='always'&&/embed&
450px*300px480px*400px650px*490px
支持嵌入HTML代码的网站使用
您的内容已经提交成功
您所提交的内容需要审核后才能发布,请您等待!
3秒自动关闭窗口45 Favourite Travel Songs: Selected by our Fave Travel Bloggers
A song can transport you back to a certain time or place, inspire you to travel, or bring upon the wanderlust to pack up your bags and keep moving on. We invited 45 of our favourite bloggers to share with us their favourite travel songs and to let us know why the song is special to them. We have compiled all these songs into a mix that can be enjoyed and listened to on youtube. Whether you’re enjoying summer time right now or need some ‘summer lovin’ inspiration to get you away from the cold, we hope that these songs will transport you to that place. So sit back, crank up the music and press play. Enjoy the sounds of Summer 2011!
* Please note: All the songs are listed in the order that they were drawn from a hat. If the playlist embedded below shouldn’t allow to play all the songs, feel free to listen to them
: Sonya is a guru when it comes to green travel news, trends and information. In her respected “” series she introduces travelers that are making a difference at home or abroad.
“Jungle Drum” by Emiliana Torrini
‘I’m constantly falling in love with new places, connecting with their people, cultures, landscapes… This song captures my feeling of love and joy of travel.’
: Terri and Mike have been sharing their knowledge and passion for Europe travel on their website since 2006. They are the ‘go-to’ people if you want an ‘insider’ view when traveling in Europe. Check out their .
“On the Road Again” by Willie Nelson.
‘There is something exciting about traveling to new places and Willie sums it up with this line ” On the road again, Goin’ places that I’ve never been, Seein’ things that I may never see again, and I can’t wait to get on the road again.” I am always ready to get on the road again (especially to Europe).’
3. : Colin Wright abandoned corporate America, had a break up party with his girlfriend and is a minimalist that owns 51 items. He moves to a new country chosen by his blog readers every 4 months. Check out his talk at the 1st ever TEDx Phnom Penh event: .
“When We Meet Again” by Nicole Reynolds.
‘This song is currently the first track on the playlist I listen to when moving from one place to another. It’s a feel-good song about the continuity of relationships, and it’s playful enough to keep me chipper about the possibilities of those relationships, even though I’ll be so physically far away from those people who matter so much to me.’
4. : Sarah writes a holiday ideas website for people who are serious about travel and want to make the most out of their holiday. One of our favourite posts is .
“We Are The People” by Empire of the Sun.
‘This is my favourite travel song as it does what a good travel song should do: it gets you through those long coach journeys with a catchy rhythm and lyrics. It’s a really upbeat song and I always feel in a great mood when listening to it.’
5. : Steph wants to encourage other twenty-somethings to extend travel in their twenties, whether it is a career break, a chance to work abroad or something entirely different. Her newest project that she came up with together with Michael from Art of Backpacking is a multimedia project called exploring the way we are traveling right now.
“Time to Move On” by Tom Petty.
‘I may be a twenty-something, but when it comes to travel music my tastes gear to classic rock. This song really captures the energy and excitement of starting a new trip.’
6. : Ashley Ambirge’s blog is all about guts. She helps entrepreneurs get off their butts, find their focus, and get their dream business started. She is currently living in Chile (but moving on to Europe for Summer 2011) where she writes personality-filled copy for cool companies. Read .
“Gypsy” by Shakira.
‘Right off the bat, the song that came to mind was Shakira’s “Gypsy” – mostly because of one line that represents exactly why I continue to travel and explore: “Walking gets too boring, once you learn how to fly.” In addition, the song, to me, embodies the spirit of everything carefree – and that’s how I feel when I travel. You realize just how small you are in this huge world, but paradoxically, you also realize how connected we all are. And once you feel that connection, it’s almost as if nothing else matters. You’re out there in the world, letting serendipity do its thing, and taking in every moment of it.’
7. : When you think of the word ‘velvet’, words such as soft, plush, rich and sexy may come to mind. Keith wants to bring you into the world of Velvet Escape. Click through the breathtaking travel images that he shares in the
section of his blog.
“Kokomo” by The Beach Boys.
‘A dreamy classic that never fails to get me thinking of escaping to a beach with powdery white sands, swaying palms, crystal-clear turquoise waters and cocktails.’
8. : Jeannie is a single lady on the cusp of forty who has given up her corporate job to follow her passions and become a travel writer and full time traveler. Make sure you bookmark her blog so that you can follow “The Summer Chick Tales” series and read along as she embarks on the adventure of a lifetime- the .
“Home” by LCD Soundsystem.
‘The melodic beats swoop me into a state of happiness and this one line sums up travel to me: “And we can break the rules like nothing will last.” My life the past year has been nothing but breaking rules and living in the moment.’
9. : Debbie talks about both the trials and joys of traveling with kids. The blog is aimed at very young parents who would love to travel with their children but don’t know where to begin. Highlights from the blog include the .
“Love Me Do” by The Beatles.
‘Somehow this song just sounds like summer to me. Plus it’s a fun song to sing along to when you have kids in the car. The lyrics are simple enough for even very young children to join in on.’
10. : A 20-something travel junkie and professional writer, Emily believes that there is no “right” way to travel. Whether it’s short term, long term, cheap or expensive she believes that every style of travel can broaden horizons. Check out her funny blog post about .
“Rental Car” by Beck.
‘It has a great beat and a fun, laid-back vibe. I like the idea of traveling until the road ends – going so far that there’s nowhere else to go.’
11. : Karen created her travel blog in 2002 to combine her love of travel with earning a living online. Her blog highlights essential places to see in Europe and allows you to explore the diverse continent with her. Check out the .
“Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynward Skynyard.
‘It reminds me of driving down the Pacific Highway from San Francisco to San Diego.’
12. : Great travel tips from other travelers or locals always add something special to travels. Melvin from Traveldudes took this as inspiration and formed an efficient blog/forum that enables all fellow travel buffs to share their travel tips with one another. He created the travel hashtag
which is a weekly travel event on Twitter, where topics are chosen that don’t get dominated by sponsors who pay for it.
“One Love” performed by Playing For Change (originally by Bob Marley)
“One Love” by Bob Marley…. But played together by musicians worldwide. It’s just an awesome project: Playing For Change. The song is just beautiful… Imagine lying in a hammock and listening to it.
13. : Global Grasshopper is all about independent traveling and mixes the passion for travel, with a passion for photography and design. The posts are therefore sure to be accompanied by beautiful travel photographs that make you want to visit the described destinations immediately. Be sure to have a read of .
“Paris is Burning” by Ladyhawke.
‘This great electro pop/indie tune has a dreaminess and catchiness about it which makes it perfect for a journey or road trip. Of course it also mentions a great city and to me captures everything that is great about travel. It’s also the song I couldn’t stop singing along on my road trip honeymoon – definitely one of the happiest moments of my life so far!’
14. : Juno calls herself “a travel blogger who designs the world”. She peppers her stories with humour and enthusiasm that is quite contagious. We absolutely adore her
“Viva la Vida” by Coldplay.
‘Some songs are great because of the brilliant lyrics and some songs just feel right because of the melody. This is a kind of song with a latter reason. There’s just something about this melody. It makes my footsteps lighter and faster.’
15. : Keith is traveling the world one month at a time. His goal is to take eight one-month trips over the next two years. He is currently exploring Scotland and writing about his experiences there during his one month stay. We have to admit that it’s hard not get addicted to his captivating style of writing. .
“Prelude for Time Feelers” by Eluvium.
‘”Prelude for Time Feelers” is a disarming and epic piano ballad with electronic flourishes. Listening to it always puts me in the moment while I’m traveling and helps me to internalize the experience. It’s also fantastic writing music, which is another common activity for me while I’m traveling.’
16. : For Brendan, the world is his jungle gym. The result: A two year journey around the world that offers endless inspiration and still continues on to this day. His blog offers a mix of stories, photography, travel tips, and a list of the .
“In Exile” by Thrice.
‘For me it captures the essence of the long term traveler. Not only does it look at the beauty of it, but it touches on the difficulty of being a nomad without a home.’
17. : Daniel and Audrey excel at drawing their readers in through vivid photographs and stories, connecting them with people and places they might otherwise never hear about. Their channels “Make Me Wander”, “Make Me Hungry”, “Make Me Think” and “Make Me Laugh” allow you to choose the content you are looking for by your mood! We especially love the
channel which is filled with thought-provoking quotes to inspire you while you travel.
“Road to Nowhere” by Talking Heads.
‘Going old school. This song has been around the block, but it’s as relevant as it’s ever been.
It’s timeless.
It makes us laugh.
And it’s quite possibly the ballad of the modern perpetual traveler.’
18. : Lifecruiser Travel Blog is the story of a Swedish couple who are passionate about travel, writing and photography. They escape the long Swedish winter months by cruising the world. All photos are taken by them and they combine this in their blog with personal anecdotes about their travel experiences. Recommended Read: .
“The Road to Hell” by Chris Rea.
‘For us travel in itself is a road AWAY from hell – the every day life routines. This song tells you that the life you’re trapped in, is the road to hell and you cant get out. It’s a wake-up call for more freedom. Somehow it also reminds us about the Vikings with their urge to go on their plundering trips… Besides that: the music is very catchy, the guitar-playing is simply awesome and Chris voice so d*rn pleasant to listen too!’
19. : Named “one of the best family travel blogs in cyberspace” by National Geographic Traveler, Soul Travelers 3 are a wonderfully creative and spiritual family of 3 who have been traveling the world with their daughter Mozart since she was 5. You can learn a lot about family travel on their blog. Here’s where they share their .
“Born to be wild” by Steppenwolf.
‘As a family that has been on an open ended, non-stop world trip going on 6 years to 42 countries on 5 continents on just $23/day per person…what could be better? “Get your motor runnin’, Head out on the highway,Lookin’ for adventure, And whatever comes our way” and “Take the world in a love embrace” fits us to a T!’
20. : Isabelle’s passion for travel has been channeled into a fantastic resource of information to help make your next holiday truly memorable. Sharing some great tips she has made during her time in the USA, Caribbean and Europe, Isabelle believes that every travel experience should be a wonderful one! Recommended Read: .
“Surfin USA” by The Beach Boys
I like “Surfin USA” from the Beach Boys, always has a summer feeling to it and I`m a beach girl at heart, so the Beach Boys fit that bill perfect!
21. : Slightly addicted to world exploration, Nicole and Cameron want to show that it is possible to build a career and family AND travel the globe. We especially like their tips for round the world travel: .
“Jammin” by Bob Marley.
‘Whether you’re boarding a long haul bus or arriving at a new hostel, there is no better song (or artist) to help lighten the mood.’
22. : Christopher Elliott is a consumer advocate and journalist and is thus helping people to improve their holiday experiences. One of his note-worthy posts: .
“Brown Eyed Girl” by Van Morrison.
‘It evokes memories of the summers I used to spend with my extended family on the Jersey Shore. For some reason, that song got a lot of airtime every August in the early 80s. Come to think of it, it probably still does. Maybe it’s because it just feels like summer.’
23. : In March 2007, Gary Arndt set out to travel the world. Using photos, pod casts, twitter and personal anecdotes he gives us a unique glimpse into life as a traveler. Be sure to check out the ‘‘ section on his blog which features links to his favourite cities, museums, scuba sites, historical sites, natural sites, cuisines, buildings, drives, experiences and beaches.
“Love generation” by Bob Sinclair.
‘It was stuck in the CD player when I rented a car on Easter Island and I’ve associated that song with Easter Island ever since. It is a very worldly and global song which really deals with why we travel.’
24. : Michael is a backpacking guru that believes travel is about getting back to basics and going for what really counts: experiences. His blog provides you with all kinds of useful tips, explanations and stories for you to get your next backpacking trip started! .
“Corner of the earth” by Jamiroquai.
’Beautiful calming song that easily describes how I feel about the destinations I go to. The song makes me feel grateful for where I am.’
25. : Barbara Weibel left a successful, high-paying job at age 50-something to pursue what brings her joy- photography, writing and travel. Her stories are authentic and her specialty is cultural travel. We really enjoyed reading her .
“Why Georgia” by John Mayer.
‘He talks about leaving it all behind and just hitting the road, which is exactly what I did. Giving up most of my material possessions to hit the road was the most freeing experience, as if a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders, and this song helps me to remember that I need to follow my passions rather than the almighty dollar.’
26. : Dave and Deb write the adventure travel blog for couples. Married for 13 years, they have found that traveling as a couple gives them a unique viewpoint compared to somebody traveling solo. Follow their adventures via .
“Home For a Rest” by Canadian Folk Rock band Spirit of the West.
‘This song is pure fun. It starts off slow with the lyrics… “You’ll have to excuse me, I’m not at my best I’ve been gone for a week, I’ve been drunk since I left. These so-called vacations will soon be my death. I’m so sick from the drink, I need home for a rest.” Then it kicks into a high energy Irish drinking song where they sing about their vacation in London. Every time we hear it, we want to get up and dance. We’re heading to London next for the first time and I know that we are going to be singing that song whenever we enter a pub. “We never saw nothin’ but brass taps and oak, kept a shine on the bar with the sleeves of our coats” Hopefully we’ll see a little bit more then these guys did when we’re in London though.’
: Janice first traveled solo when she was fifteen. She is an expert on traveling solo and takes great pleasure in sharing her experiences, skills and safety tips on her blog. Be sure to read her .
“Closing Time” by Leonard Cohen
‘I’m a little old school when traveling solo. I like tunes that are familiar and comfortable. My favorite album for that is Leonard Cohen’s “The Future”. I first listened to it on a trip through Newfoundland in the early 90s and it has been with me ever since.
I like every tune on the album. But when I have to choose only one song of his, it would probably be “Closing Time”.’
28. : Sally is a writer, traveler, cookie enthusiast and all-round scaredy cat. Since 2007, she has been working and traveling in Asia and is currently living in China. What we love about her writing is her honesty and that she is one of the funniest travel bloggers around. Have a read of the .
“We Walk the Same Line” by Everything But the Girl.
‘A year and a half ago, I left my cushy, well-paying job and comfortable apartment in Japan and took a year off to travel and volunteer in Southeast Asia. Before setting off on that trip, I was terrified. Frankly, this is no surprise as it takes very little to frighten me. Heck, all I need is a wobbly ceiling fan to strike fear in my heart. The fact that I was going to be living in countries with spiders bigger than most Golden Retrievers was enough to give me heart palpitations. Prior to boarding the plane, my iPod played “We Walk the Same Line” by Everything But the Girl. There’s a line towards the end of the song that really spoke to me: “When we meet what we’re afraid of, we find out what we’re made of.” During my year of traveling and volunteering, I faced a lot of my fears (including, yes, lots of ceiling fans and spiders). But I survived and definitely discovered what it is I’m made of. (And, in case you’re wondering, I’m made of 40% junk food, 25% sweat, 20% beer, 10% frizzy hair and 5% bravery.)’
29. : Matt Kepnes has been traveling since 2005. His blog tells a story of his travels as well as being a handy resource for the long term budget traveler looking for good, solid travel tips. Whether you’re looking for advice on dealing with life on the road, booking a cheap flight or finding that decent but affordable hostel you’ll find it here. Recommended Read:
“Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson.
‘The song may be cheesy but if you listen to the lyrics, it’s a good song about desiring to escape where you are and explore what the world has to offer. Before I went traveling, I heard it and it expressed exactly how I felt about leaving. I bet if people got passed that Kelly Clarkson sings it, they might enjoy it more!’
30. : Chris Gillebeau writes about personal development, entrepreneurship and international travel. He encourages people that they can change the world in an unconventional way. He is also on a personal mission to visit every country in the world before he turns 35. If you would like to find out more about him, a good place to start is his free e-book
“Sleeping with the Lights On” by Teitur.
‘It captures the feeling of being alive and the sense of wonderment I hope to always have while venturing out around the world.’
31. : Beth is a professional photographer and Randy is a professional journalist. Together they are traveling the world searching for interesting stories and people to interview. They are a great team which shows in the interplay of photo and writing in their posts. Recommended Read: .
“Coming into Los Angeles” by Arlo Guthrie.
‘We like the folkie, upbeat tempo and the romanticized imagery of the ;s drug runner it creates in our mind.’
32. : Christine Gilbert left her job as a corporate manager for a Fortune 500 company to start over her career as a travel blogger and writer. Along for the ride is her husband, Drew and their baby Cole. They have a new e-book available which her husband has written: .
“Go Outside” by Cults.
‘Aside from the fact that it seems to have a tranquilizing effect on our 16 month old, who loves the song, it also reminds me to actually get outside and appreciate where I am. Though we are travelers, I can easily catch myself staying in and working my butt off all day, so any kick in the pants to leave the house is always a good thing.’
33. : Farnoosh’s blog is all about Smart Habits for Rich Living. She writes about how to be brave, let go of fear and take action in your life. That you have the tools to create your ideal life. Be sure to check out her new e-book the .
“I love Paris” by Frank Sinatra.
‘I have loved Paris even since I was a child, mainly from the influence of my grandparents and Mom when they lived briefly in France. The song “I love Paris” glorifies the love I feel for the city and especially since I have been there in the dreadful winters and still love it all the same. An eternal city and an eternal song.’
34. : Read the stories of a couple as they travel the world in search of adventures. Inspired by other travelogues, they created a blog to inspire and that is written with lots of love and care. Recommended Read: .
“Learning to Fly” by Pink Floyd.
‘A long-time favorite of Jack, this song is perfect for long bus rides, especially one of those bus rides in Colombia where the sceneries were usually amazing.’
35. : Earl once left the USA for a three-month trip to Southeast Asia. It’s now been over ten years and that trip has yet to finish. So far he has visited 70 countries and has been on the road for 4,202 days. His story about
is essential reading.
“Brothers in Arms” by Dire Straits.
‘It’s certainly not the most uplifting of songs, but its message is important to me as someone who spends their life constantly traveling. The message is that we are all brothers and sisters, everyone on this planet, and yet, we allow our silly differences to lead us to war and to even kill each other. I listen to this song before I began any new travels in order to remember that my goal as a traveler is to try and eliminate the misconceptions and assumptions that divide us from those who are, in reality, the same as us.’
36. : Nithya has never been a fan of the 9-to-5 work thing and is breaking out of that mold. We always like to check out her
where she profiles the experiences of 20 something women expats and travelers.
“Summer of ’69” by Bryan Adams.
‘‘This song is the definition of summer with its catchy lyrics, light and fun beats and not to mention it is a complete sing a long song!’
37. : A food, travel and adventure blog that interviews talented chefs, spotlights the hottest restaurants and offers recommendations for food and drink experiences all over the world. Be sure to follow them on their eating trail. Where would they take you if you came to Malaysia? Take a look: .
“Ramble On” by Led Zeppelin.
‘It’s my ALL time favourite! Robert Plant’s lyrics were inspired by the work of J.R.R. Tolkien, author of The Lord of The Rings. The references are to the adventures of the Hobbit, as he goes to “the darkest depths of Mordor” and encounters “Gollum and the evil one.” So basically this song says, when you go on a long and sometimes difficult journey, you need to always persevere, and to always keep going and never quit. Isn’t that fabulous? Not to mention that Led Zeppelin, the Stones, the Beatles happen to be the biggest bands of all time and my favourites! LOL!’
38. : Caz and Craig’s travel blog offers insider travel tips from over 10 years of round the world travel. Whether you need help in planning your travels, you’re interested in working abroad or you want to know where they are and what they’re up to their blog always offers something new.
Recommended Reading: .
“Solace Amongst the Sin” by Xavier Rudd.
‘This is the best song to listen to while swinging in a hammock with an ice cold drink at sundown on a beach in Thailand. The first line of the song, “Farewell to the West and welcome to the East” and further into the song, “Farewell to the West now, my mind is open to the East. To all the new faces, new minds and things to see…. you will see me through the colours as the sun sinks in the sea” shows just why it is a great travelling song. And we also met Xavier Rudd on our travels in Washington D.C at a small concert he put on in a coffee house. Great memories.’
39. : Three professional travel writers- and mums- offer expert advice on Family Travel, Girlfriend Getaways and Romantic Escapes. Each year, they take at least 45 trips for business and pleasure. Recommended Reading: .
“Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
Jennnifer: ‘I live in Los Angeles now, so nearly every time I get in my car it feels like an adventure in gridlock. But I grew up on the east coast and am forever a Jersey Girl at heart. I go back 3 times a year including August. When I’m driving around NY, NJ and Long Island, windows down, picking up my old childhood friends to spend the day at the beach, the best song for that moment is Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run. Turn up the volume on that sax solo, feel the wind through my hair, and I could be a teenager again.’
Aracely and Jason Castellani dropped out of the rat race to travel around the world. They like to seek out new adventures and have been sky diving, bungee jumping, hang gliding, scuba diving and whitewater rafting. They like to share their experiences through adventure videos. Recommended Video: .
“Dust in the wind” by Kansas
‘Depressing, I know. But, when I look out the window of a bus and see all natural landscapes passing by, the song just seems so fitting. “Nothin last forever, just the earth and sky.” I think that’s true, so we better get out and see the world and realize we aren’t really that important, we are just dust in the wind.’
Abigail is testing out the the Art & Science of Unusual Journeys. Visit her blog if you like reading stories with heart alongside lush photos and videos. Recommended Read: .
“Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins.
‘I’m going to go for the cheesy old Danger Zone track from Top Gun because it relates to flying and the above skydiving post from my blog.’
Lea and Jonathan Woodward have been working remotely from different locations around the world since 2007. Places they have lived include Buenos Aires, Toronto, Panama, Granada, Dubai and South Africa. There website offers tools and resources to help Digital Nomads live and work from anywhere. If you’re interested in being location independent, be sure to check them out. Recommended Reading: .
“Weepin” by Josh Groban
‘This song evokes lots of good memories of our time in South Africa. It’s been one of our favourite places to live in our journey so far and we’ve spent around 9 months there in total over the past 4 years. We didn’t discover this song until after we’d been there but it’s become one of our most-played songs wherever we go.’
Andy is a freelance travel writer from the UK who travels as often as he can. The content on his blog is always intelligent and full of good advice. Recommended Reading: .
“The Long And Winding Road” by The Beatles
‘Whenever I hear this song I’m always taken back to a train journey from Narvik in northern Norway to Rovaniemi in Finland. It was 1987, I was 18 years old and I had to choose my music cassettes carefully for my Walkman. This was a perfect soundtrack for the many hours of endless pine forest that I watched through the window of the train that day.’
44. : Craig Martin hosts the Indie Travel Podcast along with his wife Linda. They have recently released the Art of Couples’ Travel: Your guide to long term travel together. You can get a
at Amazon.
“Hitchcock” by The Phoenix Foundation
‘This song builds slowly to a triumphant yet better-sweet conclusion. It’s multilayered and a bit unorthodox, joyful and teasing … just like any trip worth taking. I love it, although it’s not my normal style of music.’
45. : Michael Hodson is a lawyer turned travel buff. In 2008, he set himself a goal to circumnavigate the world without stepping onto any planes. Recommended Read: .
“Strange Love” by Depeche Mode
‘I love this song for one main reason — it gets my head and heart going. The beat is upbeat and gets me moving. And I move a heck of a lot with my overland travel schedule.’
**** As an Extra Bonus we added 10 more summer songs selected by the pocketvillage crew and our greatest fan. Enjoy! ****
46. Ritza : (pocketvillage’s greatest Fan)
“Island in the sun” by Weezer
‘I love beaches. I grew up in the “ocean country” indonesia and I love beaches more than any other landscapes in the world.’
47. Florian (pocketvillage co-Founder)
“So schmeckt der Sommer” (This is how summer tastes) by Edward Reekers.
‘South of France in August, my friends and me traveling, partying until the sunrise. 2 weeks camping at the sea, swimming trunks, flip-flops, incredible freedom. This was the taste of summer 1999.’
48. Martin (pocketvillage co-Founder)
“I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow“ by The Soggy Bottom Boys.
When I was travelling by bike from Passau to Budapest with some friends, we were listening to this song every day.
49. Jann (pocketvillage co-Founder)
“Long Way Round” by Stereophonics.
‘Ever since watching ‘The Long Way Round’ with Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman, the soundtrack has accompanied me on all of my travels. It’s just the perfect song for travelin-).’
50. Stefan (pocketvillage co-Founder)
“Il Traffico de Roma” by Radici nel Cemento
‘Rome for me is the most beautiful city in the world and I try to go back at least once a year. This song is about how absolutely bad the traffic in Rome is. Which makes living there difficult but only adds to the charm for visitors.’
51. Carina (pocketvillage Communications)
“Ojala que llueva café” by Juan Luis Guerra’s.
‘It’s my fave for three reasons: 1. it’s refreshing to listen to somebody wishing rain when the weather is hot
2.Great metaphor: the prayer in the song to let coffee rain on the domenican republic’s coffee plantation, so that the workers there don’t have to hunger and thirst. 3. Love to dance merengue and can’t sit still when listening to this song.’
52. Petina (pocketvillage Communications)
“Me gustas tu” by Manu Chao.
If I could only bring a soundtrack by one artist on my travels, Manu Chao would be it. He’s a global traveler himself and rarely stays in one place for long. In “Me Gustas Tu”, he lists all the things he loves- travel, the wind, the sea, running, marijuana, Colombia — and you. He sings in French, Spanish, Galician, Portuguese, Italian, Arabic, English and Wolof.
53. Katja (pocketvillage Communications Intern)
“Wenn jetzt Sommer w?r” (If it was summer now) by Pohlmann.
‘It’s got a real laid back tone and reminds me of a great summer I had! You can also listen to it in the winter and look forward to the summer!’
54. Laura (pocketvillage Communications Intern)
“Where Them Girls At” by David Guetta Featuring Flo Rida & Nicki Minaj.
‘This song makes me feel so happy even if the sun is not shining. It just makes me feel like going out, enjoying life…’
55. Lachezar (pocketvillage IT Intern)
“Schatzi schenk mir ein Foto” by Mickie Krause (Darling, give me a picture!)
It reminds me of people having fun together while drinking beer on Stuttgart’s Fruehlingsfest.
This entry was posted in
and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the .
Newsletters are awesome!

我要回帖

更多关于 usually后面加什么 的文章

随机推荐