there will be a good girl, her appearance可数吗 is dec

CHARTS & TRENDS
Quicklinks
main detailscombined detailsfull cast and crewcompany creditsreviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsparents guidemessage boardplot summarysynopsisplot keywordsmemorable quotestriviagoofssoundtrack listingcrazy creditsmovie connectionsFAQbox office/businessrelease datesfilming locationstechnical specsliterature listingsNewsDesktaglinestrailers and videospostersphoto galleryofficial sitesmiscellaneousphotographssound clipsvideo clips
Awards & Reviews
Plot & Quotes
Did You Know?
Other Info
Promotional
External Links
Connect with IMDb
1-20 of 113 items from 2008 & & Prev |
31 December
David Frank knows more than you. Care to disagree?
Oh The Wrestler is that good, eh? Life isn't complete without seeing ?  Synecdoche, New York will blow my mind with its mighty Kaufman awesomeness? Hey thanks for rubbing it in. Please continue on how
is a masterpiece of masterpieceosity.  No no, don't stop. I want to feel like That Guy. You know. That one guy at your college roommate's sexy art student girlfriend's party who hasn't illegally downloaded the latest
album that everyone around him is raving about. Every December through January, I'm him, That Guy.  
I've never completed a best movie of the year list before February. In fact, when people are proclaiming their already-failed New Year's resolutions at 12:01 Am, I haven't even seen half the films that'll end up on my list. You see, I live in a small Iowan
- David Frank
29 December
The trailer for the latest comedy horror flick to come out of Blighty, Lesbian Vampire Killers, is online and it looks marvellously silly. But then, with a title like that, we weren’t exactly expecting . Though we did go into
expecting a horror flick. Go figure. You can watch the trailer below. We detected a slight Ghostbusters vibe. What did you think?
- sashurst
27 December
You don't want to watch a movie called ? Even if it's directed by the guys who last made ? And even if it stars
and ? If we haven't sold you yet, than maybe this teaser trailer or these photos will.
is showing at Sundance in January and today we've got a short teaser trailer to show you. What exactly is ? It's a comedy about manure salesmen in 1960s heartland America. And yes, it stars
as that very salesman. Thanks to SlashFilm we've got this -like trailer that doesn't show much, but might be just enough.
Watch the teaser trailer for :
is directed by , of , , , and
previously. The screenplay was co-written by Michael and , aka the Polish Brothers, who
- Alex Billington
17 December
Noel: Gang, a year ago at this time, we were so overwhelmed by the quality of the movies we were seeing that we actually came up with a feature where we looked back at other great years for movies, just for the sake of comparison. Well, that run sure didn't last long, did it? I actually don't think 2008 was a bad year for movies—I'm happy with my Top 10, and I can think of 10 to 15 more '08 movies I'd recommend fairly strongly—but I certainly didn't see much that I believe will stand the test of time the way the likes of
surely will. I didn't see a lot of greatness, in other words, or even much that aspired to greatness. Outside of the daring, wonderfully confounding Synecdoche, New York, much of the real ambition in 2008 came
- Tasha Robinson, Scott Tobias, Noel Murray, Nathan Rabin, Keith Phipps
16 December
I’m sure you can all guess which movie took the top spot (just in case…. it’s ), and yes it’s predictably Twilight and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that are the second and third most searched.But the rest of the list may not be as you might have thought. Here it is, in descending order:
(1994)24. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)23. The Godfather (1972)22. Star Trek (2009)21. The Departed (2006)20. Quantum of Solace (2008)19. Dragonball (2009)18. Wanted (2008)17.
(2009)16. Cloverfield (2008)15. Superbad (2008)14. Into the Wild (2007)13. Sex and the City (2008)12.
(2008)10. Transformers (2007)9. Juno (2007)8.
(2010)4. TR2N (2011)3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)2. Twilight (2008)1.
(2008)A few of the usual suspects are there with the top three spots already mentioned above, and other familiar
- Ross Miller
16 December
The Washington Post recently posted their lists of best comics of the year and they include:
The Alcoholic, By
and Dean Haspiel (Vertigo/DC Comics, $19.99)
Bottomless Belly Button, By Dash Shaw (Fantagraphics, $29.99)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Season Eight, Volume Two: No Future for You, By , Georges Jeanty and
(Dark Horse, $15.95)
The Complete K Chronicles, By
(Dark Horse, $24.95)
Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes, By
and Gary Frank (DC Comics, $24.99)
(Vertigo/DC Comics, $4.99)
Among their best DVDs, they included:
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days, Not rated (Weinstein, $24.95)
30 Rock: Season 2, Not rated (Universal, $39.98)
(10th Anniversary Edition), Rated R (Universal, $19.98)
Control, Rated R (Weinstein, $28.95)
Rated R (20th Century Fox, $29.99)
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Rated PG-13 (Miramax, $29.99)
Flight of the Red Balloon, Not rated (IFC,
- Robert Greenberger
16 December
The Internet Movie Database have announced the top 25 most searched movies of 2008, and the results aren’t as predictable as you would think. Yes, , Twilight, and Harry Potter hold the top three spots (in that order) But what is the fourth most searched for film of 2008? Disney’s Tron sequel TR2N. Not bad for a film which exploded onto the scene in July with a surprise teaser trailer appearance at Comic Con. Another surprise is ’s , which somehow is #5 on the list, higher than movies like
or Indiana Jones.A lot of 2007 Award winners also make appearances on the list:
at #8, Juno at #9, and
at #12. I am surprised to see Cloverfield all the way down at #16. You would think the film would have generated a
- Peter Sciretta
9 December
It looks like the Academy has found some sense and reversed their decision to disqualify
and , who collaborated to bring the tense anthem of The Joker, will now be able to compete in the “Best Original Score” category.The news comes after just one month of ruling the score ineligible, citing too many composers on the cue sheet. When the Los Angeles Times spoke to the Academy’s executive director Bruce Davis a week prior, he said the Academy’s music branch:
“sees this as an award, like cinematography or directing, where you want to award a single creator. This isn’t like visual effects. Except for extraordinary circumstances, it’s an award that should go to one person.”
This decision has apparently been reversed, and yes, these are extraordinary circumstances.Having watched
again, on Blu-Ray, I stand behind my original sentiments.
- Carl Lee
9 December
Instead of following its recent art-house tilt, the Los Angeles Film Critics Assn. resorted to its old preference for big popcorn pix when naming the best film of 2008: "Wall-e." In recent years the Los Angeles Film Critics Assn. favored more esoteric fare ("," "," "," "Sideways"). In its early days, however, the Hollywood-based critics weren't so snooty, often opting for "" and "Star Wars." Now the question: Will the lift "Wall-e" gets from the L.A. critics help it to become the second animated feature nominated for best pic at the Oscars? The constant snubs caused the academy to create a special category just for animated features in
- tomoneil
8 December
Over the weekend my cousin was telling me how he bought the NFL package this year where he gets to watch every single football game, and how there's one channel called The Red Zone that broadcasts without commercials and only shows you live coverage of a team that's about to score. So basically, only the best parts of every game. Well imagine if a similar thing existed for movies and television -- a channel that only aired the "good parts" of whatever movie or television show they decided to highlight. Could be kinda cool, right?Leave it to those lunatics over at
to dream up such a channel, and last night I caught a little sketch on the show called Just The Good Parts. A couple of television shows are mashed in here, so excuse the non film-related content, but they also tackle a whole bunch of movies like ,
- Erik Davis
4 December
Leave it to the folks behind the Grammys (that would be The Recording Academy) to put things right when it comes to movie music. Sure, they have a bazillion categories, but, unlike the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the Oscars), they know a good musical score when they hear it and don't allow outrageous reasons to disqualify it.Specifically, we're talking about , whose composers
were disqualified for consideration because they listed too many people on the cue sheet, and , whose composer
was DQed because the Academy thought his score was "diluted by the use of tracked themes or other pre-existing music." Both scores were nominated for a Grammy last night, in the category "Best Score Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media." (Bear in mind that their eligibility period is different from the Oscars,
- Peter Martin
2 December
Last night, Apple launched a new section in their iTunes movie download store called “iTunes 2008,” which features the top picks for the year. has already become the biggest selling movie title Apple has offered for the year based on pre-sales alone.  The movie will be released next Tuesday (Dec. 9) on iTunes and on DVD/Blu-ray.I also wanted to point out on the left side of iTunes 2008 it has Apple’s recommendations.  The top of that list is Casablanca.  Can’t argue with that.  Then , followed by
and The Godfather.  Man, Apple is good at this.  They throw in , but I’ll give them a pass on that.  Then the next movie on the list is What Happens in Vegas… What?  How does that even belong in the same category as The Godfather?  Unbelievable!  Outrageous!  Apple?  More like Crapple!
15 November
In a week littered with plenty of big-budget trailers piggy-backing on James Bond's undeniable popularity (Quantum of Solace just had the biggest opening day of any Bond film to date), the new one for ' domestic drama
very nearly slipped through the cracks (thanks to Rob for passing it on, and Variety's Anne Thompson for premiering it).This trailer plays more like a teaser than its predecessor, and yet it's a simple and short way to lure one into the suburban woes of stars
and . The very slightest rumbles and mumbles of its worthiness as an awards contender this season are beginning to issue from the earliest guild screenings, and I suspect that the weeks to come will only bring more buzz before the film bows in limited release the day after Christmas -- the same strategy that Paramount Vantage employed last
- William Goss
7 November
snubbed his ex-wife
and pledged his support for her estranged husband , as he accepted BAFTA/La's
Britannia Award for Excellence in Film at a Hollywood ceremony on Thursday.Penn was presented with the prize by director
at the annual bash to celebrate all things British in Hollywood.When he took to the stage, the actor - married to
- sent a message to Brit Richie, hinting his career could flourish after divorcing the Material Girl.Penn said, "What's my British thing to say?
is back!"Before presenting the prize, Anderson mocked Penn by comparing him to reclusive filmmaker Kubrick - who inspired the award.The
filmmaker said, " was a perfectionist and a man of amazing intellect. Sean's not really either one of those things.
was a photographer in the beginning of his career. Sean has done considerable damage to photographers' cameras in the beginning of his career."Stanley Kubrick made Spartacus. Sean Penn spent 32 days in L.A. County Jail."
4 November
Already well known to fans of the international arthouse circuit thanks to his films Noi Albinoi - in Icelandic - and Dark Horse - in Danish - writer/director Dagur Kari is about to go three for three on the language front with his first English language film . 
(Red) star and anyone concerned that Kari’s quirky sense of humor or visual style would be affected by working with Hollywood stars can rest easy as these stills make it clear that neither of those things has happened as these are instantly recognizable as Kari’s work.
Lucas is a good-hearted young man who has come to an existential dead-end. He is homeless, living in a cardboard box under the Brooklyn Bridge. With a total lack of prospects for the future, Lucas tries to commit suicide, but the attempt
- Todd Brown
3 November
Veteran film marketing and distribution executive Robert Schulze has been named managing director, international for Nielsen NRG.
Schulze most recently was executive vp distribution for Paramount Vantage, which released such films as "Into the Wild," "Babel" and "" during his tenure. He also has worked for USA Films, October Films, Warner Bros., Orion and Fine Line during his 25 years in the business.
Schulze joins the company Dec. 1 and will be based in London. He will report to Marc Lagrois, senior vp and Gm for Nielsen Nrg, the leading market research and consulting firm for the film and home entertainment industries.
"Rob has a proven track record with major film companies and brings a strong understanding of the services we offer, having used them himself," Lagrois said. "His experience brings a unique perspective that will help us develop the next generation of Nielsen Nrg offerings."
14 October
Cannes -- Disney unveiled a range of content deals with European outlets here Tuesday, including a multiyear, multigenre agreement with Spanish broadcaster Antena 3.The Antena 3 pact -- inked during the five-day Mipcom TV trade show -- includes Season 1 of the Disney Channel's "Wizards of Waverly Place," which follows the lives of a family of wizards. The deal also includes movies ranging from "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" to "."Next door in Portugal, the Disney-abc-espn Television banner inked what it termed a "transactional VOD agreement for current and library features for the Portuguese telco's Clix SmarTV Iptv service" -- a demonstration of just how nigglingly complicated some of these international deals have become.In that multiyear arrangement, viewers will be able to stream such features as "Narnia," "Wall-e" and "," along with an array of library titles.Maria Kyriacou,
- By Elizabeth Guider
Starring , , , and Directed by Rated R
What’s left for the western? Hollywood has had an
on-again, off-again relationship with the genre for over a century, technically
longer than the American West itself existed in the format depicted so often on
screen, and seen again in
’ new film,
The good guys wear white era has forever shattered by ’s , which perfected the art of the morally ambiguous hero in the
cowboy movie. More important modifications were made in the 1960s with the
movies, The Wild Bunch, and . ’s westerns have their own distinct arc, running
to the savagery of Josey Wales to the
ultimate redemption in The Unforgiven of both the western hero and the
western in general.
- Colin Boyd
30 September
Every now and again I like to do a little cheerleading for films that I think are flying too low under the radar. Last year I made the early prediction that
would be Winter’s biggest contenders for O needless to say, these precognitive movie powers of mine have since been proven.My predictions this time around are a little less grand in scope: I have two international films that I’m offering up for your movie-going considerations, simply because I think you’ll enjoy them. (And satisfying movies with subtitles are hard to come by.)
The two films in question are the
meta-movie, , and a chilling tale of  vampires and friendship, .
In the late 80’s, God blessed the silver screen with an indisputable example of pure badass
- Kofi Outlaw
22 September
New York -- Two titans of the indie film world are in a heated disagreement over distribution plans for one of the fall's biggest releases -- a film that might not turn out to be a fall release at all.
The Weinstein Co. chief
and uber-producer
are in an intense back-and-forth over whether to release the Weinstein Co. war-crimes drama "" in 2008 or wait until next year.
Weinstein is pushing for a December release for the movie, which director
is working on in post. The romance set in postwar Germany and based on 's novel already has buzz from strong test screenings, though there are post elements left to be completed.
The Weinstein Co. has other awards hopefuls in the mix: 's "," a film adaptation of 's "," starring ,
- By Steven Zeitchik
1-20 of 113 items from 2008 & & Prev |
, Inc. takes no responsibility for the content or accuracy of the above news articles, Tweets, or blog posts. This content is published for the entertainment of our users only. The news articles, Tweets, and blog posts do not represent IMDb's opinions nor can we guarantee that the reporting therein is completely factual. Please visit the source responsible for the item in question to report any concerns you may have regarding content or accuracy.

我要回帖

更多关于 appearance什么意思 的文章

随机推荐