i want pick up you buy taxi tomorrow afternoon tea.w

1. I _________ you tomorrow. (phone) 2. Shoes like these _________ at all department stores. (buy)4. After we ________ our bags, we took a taxi to the airport. (pack)5. This bridge __________ in 1979. (built)6. If you _________ another word, I’ll get very angry. (say)7. We _____百度作业帮
1. I _________ you tomorrow. (phone) 2. Shoes like these _________ at all department stores. (buy)4. After we ________ our bags, we took a taxi to the airport. (pack)5. This bridge __________ in 1979. (built)6. If you _________ another word, I’ll get very angry. (say)7. We ____
4. After we ________ our bags, we took a taxi to the airport. (pack)5. This bridge __________ in 1979. (built)6. If you _________ another word, I’ll get very angry. (say)7. We ________ on holiday since the beginning of the month.(be)8. As soon as he ________ into the car, I said good morning to him in French. (get)9. These photos _________ by a friend of mine last year. (take)10. It’s hard to tell if it _______ tonight. (rain)11. The road is wet. It _________last night. (rain)急在今天10:15前回答的加分
1.I __will phone_______ you tomorrow.(phone) 2.Shoes like these ___are bought______ at all department stores.(buy)4.After we __had packed______ our bags,we took a taxi to the airport.(pack)5.This bridge ___was built_______ in 1979.(built)6.If you ___say______ another word,I’ll get very angry.(say)7.We ___have been_____ on holiday since the beginning of the month.(be)8.As soon as he ____got____ into the car,I said good morning to him in French.(get)9.These photos ___were taken______ by a friend of mine last year.(take)10.It’s hard to tell if it __will rain_____ tonight.(rain)11.The road is wet.It ___rained______last night.(rain)&&&|&&&&&&|&&&nbsp&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&&&|&&&&/&
Email: info@
Tel: (86) 10
Trip Report, Travel Reviews, Travel Advice, Travel Tips
---------------------------
China Province Tour
China Special Tour
Fujian Tulou are the vernacular Hakka clay dwellings in the mountainous areas in the southwest Fujian Province of China. The earthen Tulou houses provide communal housing and reinforcing the structure of clans, and listed as World Cultural Heritage in 2008.
Forbidden City Travel Tips – The Palace Museum Travel Tips
Plan your ? Visiting the Forbidden City ( The Palace Museum )
is no doubt one of your travel highlights in Beijing. Before starting your visit, it is quite helpful for you to grab some basic travel tips for visiting the Forbidden City.
Forbidden City
Tip # 01: Try to Avoid Weekends or
The Forbidden City is a must see highlight for every first time visitor to Beijing. Be preppared for crowds of people like you visiting this complex. Try to avoid visiting the Forbidden City on weekends or public holidays. On these tourist peak days, the hoards of people are so thick that you could hardly see anything at all.
Many tour groups ( most domestic ones) seem to aggregate and move about with their whistles, banners, and colored caps. In many cases, you have to elbow your way to see and take pictures.We also recommend you come hereeither
early in the morning or in the later afternoon to beat the crowds, enjoy the Forbidden City as it once was before the masses turn up and ruin your photo opportunity’s.
Below are the opening times
for your timing your visit.Open daily all year exccept on Monday ( Monday is closed )
Note: Monday is still open during Chinese Public Holidays
April 1st – October 31 ( 8:30 &# )
Last Entry at 16:10
Tickets sold until 16:00
November 1st – March 31 (8:30 &#)
Last Entry at 15:40
Tickets sold until 15:30
Tip # 02: Choose the Right Entrance
There are two entrances to the
– the southern gate ( Meridian Gate – Wumen)
and northern gate(Gate of Divine – Shenwu Men).
The southern gate is linked to Tiananmen Square to the south.
You have to enter Forbidden City from its southern gate and eixt from its northern gate, which is officially set as a one-way south to north travel route.
Below is the admission policy for planning your budget:
The Museum accepts Master Card, Visa, and PayUnion cards for ticket purchase.
Forbidden City entrance fees:
April 1st – October 31st : 60 yuan
November 1st – March 31st : 40 yuan
1. Children under 120 cm in height are free of charge.
2. Special 20 yuan tickets are available for China’s elementary, middle school, and university students (including foreign students studying in Chinese universities) with valid student I.D. or certified letter from school administrator (including students from Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, excluding graduate and adult education students).
Enter Forbidden City through its Southern gate ( Meridian Gate – Wumen)
Enter Forbidden City through its Southern Gate
You have to eixt from its northern gate(Gate of Divine – Shenwu Men).
You have to eixt from its northern gate.
View the Turrets
of Forbidden City and its surrounding moat.
One primary thing that is often missed is visiting
the magnificent turrets
of Forbidden City and its surrounding moat.
There are four beautiful turrets of the same structure on the four corners of Forbidden City.
Each turret tower has
nine griders, eighteen columns and 72 ridges. The two turrets on the northeast and northwest
corners offer the best photo opportunity.
The turret are inaccessible to visitors. People usually finish their visit to Forbidden and exit from its north gate.
Then turn either right for the northeast turret tower or left for the northwest turret tower outside Forbidden City.
The Southwest Turret of Forbidden City
Move up to Jingshan Park ( A Panoramic View of Forbidden City)
is not to be missed a visit during your tour in Beijing. Jingshan just sits across the north gate of Forbidden City. After finishing your visit of Forbidden City from south to north, you exit from Forbidden City’s north gate.
Raising your head, you will find a pavilion with three layered eaves perched on a hill. The hill is called Jingshan Hill ( Coal Hill or prospect Hill).
Jingshan Hill is an ideal place to have an panoramic view of Forbidden City and Beijing as whole.
A panoramic view of Forbidden City at night 2
Tip # 05: Choose Your Right Transportation
Visitors are highly recommended to use
– bus, subway and taxi. Please note that taxis are not allowed to stop either at the southern gate or northern gate.
For the southern gate ( Wu men), take bus No.1, 10, 120, 126, 2, 20, 37, 4, 52, 59, 728, 802,
or Te 1, to “Tian’an Men East” (Tian’an men dong). Or take bus No. 1, 10, 22, 37, 4, 5, 52, 728, 802, or Te1, to “Tian’an men West” (Tian’an men xi).
For the nothern gate (Shenwu men), take bus No. 101, 103, 109, 111, 124, 810, 685, 814, 846, or Zhuan 1 (a suttle bus traveling between Qianmen and The Palace Museum).
By Subway ( to south gate ):
Take Line 1 to Tian’an men East or “Tian’an men West” (Tian’an men xi).
There is no parking outside the two entrance gates of the Palace Museum. The following public parking lots are located in the vicinity of the Forbidden City:
*Outside the East Prosperity Gate (Donghua men)
*In the back street of Jingshan P
*In front of the Front Gate of Beihai Park
Visitors are encouraged to visit the Museum via public transportation.
The Transportation at the North Gate of Forbidden City is a bit chaos.
After their visit of Forbidden City and exit from its north gate, most of the visitors want to continue their day trips to other attractions or destinations in Beijing like Jinshan Park ( just opposite the north gate of Forbiden City), Wangfujing Street, Beijing Zoo, Summer Palace, Fragrance Hill, Temple of Heaven, Badaling Great Wall, Beijing Railway Station, Beijing West Railway Station, Beijing South Railway Station…, but some of them are totally bewildered by Jinshan Front Street in front of the north gate of Forbidden City, which is unaccessible and blocked by fences on both sides of the road. And visitors are at a loss on how to take a bus, taxi or subway since there are no buses, no taxis and no subway lines by the north gate of Forbbiden City.Please check for more information.
Taking a rickshaw at the north gate is a rip-off.
Don’t ever take a Rickshaw at the north gate of Forbidden City unless you feel like getting lost and extorted. So if you visit Forbidden City by getting to a wrong gate (north gate), don’t use a local rickshaw to get back to the south gate, just walk to the right gate (south gate). For the same reason, if you exit from the north gate after visiting Forbidden City, don’t use a rickshaw for your next place.
Tip # 06: Well Schedule Your Visiting Time
The Forbidden City is huge, covering an area of 72 hectares. Normally you should cruise through in two or three hours. Plan this together with ,
or . Please keep in mind that Tickets sold until 15:30(November 1st – March 31); Tickets sold until 16:00(April 01 – October).
Take the Forbidden City home
Tip # 07: Hire a Legal Tour Guide or Audio Guides
The Forbidden City is much worth visiting, but unless you know the history very well, you should use a . You are not advised to use the tourist guides around the entrance. They are self-employed tour guides.
So, try to find a reliable travel agency for your tour guide services or the Recorded guide. The recorded audio guides: these are available for rent walking form south to north. There are numerous signs in English by each building. An actual book would probably better serve you if you want to understand what you are seeing.Tip # 08: Dress for the Hot Weather
There are very few trees with little shade the Forbbden City. It is super hot during the summer. So if coming here in summer, be ready to bring an umbrella for sun protection, bottles of water, and comfy walking shoes. Check
for more information.
Tip # 9 Wear Comfortable Shoes
There are lots of outdoor areas so you can’t do a lot of hiding from the sun or rain. Wear your most comfortable shoes. It’s a long walk! strollers and wheelchairs are available for free at the tourist guide service at both southern gate and the northern gate.Tip # 10: Avoid Tour Vendors on the Street
There are some tour vendors at each entrance selling their excursions to the Great Wall. Just ignore all handouts that will be forced upon you. Especially bus tours. They are all too good to be true, and you will be disapointed. See
for more information.
Tip # 11: Be vigilant on Tea House Scam and Ticket Touts
A kind reminder that
Tea House Scams and ticket touts could possibly pester you around Forbidden City area.
a trip report by a victim from Sri Lanka named Akalan.I wish I read this page 1 week earlier! I was a victim to the “Tea House” scam. The scammer, a lady was very clever. I came to the Tiananmen area and was going to buy the ticket to enter the forbidden city. A lady who was walking besides me casually said “Hello” and started a chat while walking.
In fact this was my 4th trip to China, but first trip to Beijing. Many a times many people, usually young ladies chatted with me and they helped me a lot. Even on the same day morning I went to the Great Wall and a young girl with good English walked with me. All those I met earlier were genuine people who just wanted to help a visitor to their country. Most of the time they did not even allow me to pay a bill, ticket price or taxi fare.
With that sort of experience, I had no suspicion on this woman. Still my priority was to get into the Forbidden city ASAP, as it was passed 3pm and I knew that the ticket sales would stop at 4 pm. This lady said that she would show me the “East gate” where I can enter without a long queue. Yes, there was a queue of people at the main entrance.
I simply followed her advice and she walked with me to “show” the entrance. On the way she said she is from Xi’An (a city I visited 1 month ago) and we had quite a good conversation on history, culture and languages. She also explained some history of the area.
She said her friends from another province are there and they will meet them in 10 min. If I can wait 10 min, they also can join me to go inside the Forbidden city.
While waiting for them, she suggested me to sit somewhere and have a tea or fruit juice. In fact after walking and climbing whole morning in Great Wall area, I was thirsty and wanted to sit and stretch my legs. So I agreed.
I tried to sit on some chairs laid outside, but she suggested to go inside – less noisy, less dust and air conditioned!
I picked a Chinese tea and the scam began! You know the rest. Yes, she split the bill, still I lost a few hundred! Worst thing was that she took me to a gate, assuring that I could enter from there, but obviously there were no ticket counters. I had to get to an electric car. The driver charged 20, instead of 2, as he sensed my urgency!
He actually did not take me to the ticket counters, instead, he stopped somewhere and a woman approached me. She was telling me that the ticket counters are closed and she would sell a ticket to me for 100 ! I did not want to let some one rip me off for 3rd time, within 15 min. Finally when I found the ticket counters, they were closed! So I missed the Forbidden City!
Tip # 12: Hail a Taxi on the Road
Please note that taxis are not allowed to stop either at the nothern gate or south gate. Some people approaching you for taxi service after you finish your visit at the Forbidden City,
may be black taxi drivers. Just avoid them and hail a taxi on the road. .Taxis are not allowed to stop at the nothern gate (Shenwu men) according to the local traffic regulations, Visitors exiting from the northern gate need to walk further either east or west to hail a taxi or take a bus.
Any questions, just drop line.
This entry was posted
on Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 at 4:17 pm
and is filed under , , .
You can follow any responses to this entry through the
You can , or
from your own site.
Questions and Answers:
China Travel Blogs
Our Travel Service小题1:C小题2:A小题3:D小题4:B小题5:C小题6:D小题7:C小题8:A小题9:B小题10:D小题11:B小题12:A小题13:D小题14:C小题15:A小题16:B小题17:B小题18:C小题19:D小题20:A文章讲述的是作者去接了一个即将即开这个世界的老人去医院,路上对老人非常友善,并免费带老人去市中心转了一圈。小题1:上下文,根据上文的One night I went to pick up a passenger可知,作者去接一个乘客,当他到达的时候,他发现整个建筑物一篇漆黑,除了一楼窗户露出来的一丝光亮。小题2:同上小题3:名词辨析,sound是声响,whisper是耳语 sign标志 voice是人发出的声音 小题4:句意理解,一个八十多岁的小女人站在了我面前。小题5:句意理解,我把她的行李箱拿到车上,然后再回来帮助她。小题6:上下文,根据上文可知,该乘客是八十多岁的高龄,因此作者是帮助这个老人慢慢往车上走去小题7:上下文,根据后文的I would want my mother treated可知,作者感到只是想用对待自己母亲的方式来对待乘客。小题8:上下文,老人说能不能穿过市中心啊。根据后面的For the next two hours we drove through the city可知小题9:句意理解,作者说,这不是最近的路,老人回答,我不着急,不需要走近的路。小题10:上下文,老人没有多少时间剩下来了,但是还是孤单一个,所以是没有其他的家人了。小题11:上下文,根据后文作者没有收老人的钱可知,作者把计价器关掉了,决定不收老人的车费。turned on打开 switched over转换 cover &up掩盖 小题12:句意理解,此处意为她在车上指给我看很多她以前呆过的地方,point sb无词用法,show sb sth意为向某人展示,出示小题13:上下文,根据前文的 ballroom舞厅,可知是她年轻的时候跳舞的地方小题14:句意理解,有时候她会在一个特殊的建筑物那让我放慢速度,就坐在那里看着黑暗的地方,一句话也不说。小题15:上下文,根据上文的One night I went to pick up a passenger at 2:30 AM可知,过来几个小时之后就是dawn黎明了小题16:上下文,根据上文的She said. When we got into the taxi she gave me an address 可知,到达了她给我的地址小题17:句意理解,老人说我欠你多少钱,owe sb some money欠某人多少钱小题18:句意理解,老人说你还要谋生呢,作者答,没关系,还有其他的乘客呢小题19:上下文,根据上文的a small woman可知,作者要跟她拥抱就要弯下腰小题20:上下文,根据上文可知,此时是黎明,所以是昏暗的早上
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:完形填空
Many years ago three soldiers, hungry and tired of battles, came upon a small village. The villagers, &36 &a poor harvest and many years of war, quickly &37 &what little they had to eat and met the three at the village square, wringing(绞)their clothes and complaining of the &38 &shortages. The soldiers spoke quietly among themselves and the first soldier then &39 &the village elders. “Your tired fields have left you &40 &to share, so we will share what little we have: the&&41 &of how to make soup from stones.”42 &the villagers were interested and soon a fire was put to the town’s greatest pot as the soldiers dropped three smooth &43 &into the pot full of water. “Now this will be a fine soup,” said the second soldier, “but a little salt and some parsley(欧芹)would make it &44 &!” Up jumped a villager, crying “I’ve just remembered &45 &some have been left!” She ran away, 46 &with the parsley and salt. 47 &the water boiled, corn, carrots, beef and cream &48 &their way into the pot when all sat &49 &to have a large meal.The villagers ate and sang and danced well into the &50 &, full of energy again by the meal and their new-found friends. In the next morning the three soldiers &51 &up to find the whole village standing before them. At their feet &52 &a bag of the village’s best bread and cheese. An elder said that the soldiers had given them the &53 &gift: the secret of how to make soup from stones and they would never forget. The third soldier turned to the &54 &and said, “There is no secret, but this is certain: it is only by &55 &that we may enjoy a large meal.”小题1:A.havingB.dislikingC.knowingD.suffering小题2:A.threwB.hidC.coveredD.collected小题3:A.clothingB.moneyC.foodD.water小题4:A.called forB.believed inC.looked forD.turned to小题5:A.nothingB.everythingC.anythingD.something小题6:A.skillB.secretC.studyD.story小题7:A.QuietlyB.NaturallyC.SuddenlyD.Finally小题8:A.coinsB.spoonsC.stonesD.knives小题9:A.saltyB.wonderfulC.sweetD.beautiful小题10:A.whereB.whenC.whyD.how小题11:A.leavingB.startingC.playingD.returning小题12:A.whileB.ThoughC.AsD.Since小题13:A.lostB.wentC.foundD.directed小题14:A.upB.aroundC.byD.down小题15:A.nightB.morningC.afternoonD.day小题16:A.stayedB.jumpedC.wokeD.moved小题17:A.layB.stoodC.hungD.fell小题18:A.greatestB.simplestC.worstD.funniest小题19:A.adultsB.soldiersC.workmenD.crowd小题20:A.learningB.sharingC.borrowingD.trusting
Some years ago when I was in my first year in college, I heard Salome Bey sing for the first time. The moment was exciting. Salome’s &&21&filled the room and brought the theater to life. I was so &&22&&that I decided to write an article about her.I &&23&&Salome Bey, telling her I was from Essence magazine, and that I wanted to meet her to talk about her career. She &&24&&and told me to come to her studio next Tuesday. When I hung up, I was scared out of my mind. I &&25&&I was lying. I was not a writer at all and hadn’t even written a grocery list.I interviewed Salome Bey the next Tuesday. I sat there &&26&, taking notes and asking questions that all began with, “Can you tell me…” I soon realized that &&27&&Salome Bey was one thing, but writing a story for a national magazine was just impossible. The &&28&&was almost unbearable. I struggled for days &&29&&draft after draft. Finally I put my manuscript (手稿) into a large envelope and dropped it into a mailbox.It didn’t take long. My manuscript &&30&. How stupid of me! I thought. How could I &&31&&in a world of professional writers? Knowing I couldn’t &&32&&the rejection letter, I threw the unopened envelope into a drawer.Five years later, I was moving to California. While &&33&&my apartment, I came across the unopened envelope. This time I opened it and read the editor’s letter in &&34&&:Ms Profit,Your story on Salome Bey is fantastic. Yet we need some &&35&&materials. Please add those and return the article immediately. We would like to &&36&&your story soon.Shocked, it took me a long time to &&37&. Fear of rejection cost me ly. I lost at least five hundred dollars and having my article appear in a major magazine. More importantly, I lost years of &&38&&writing. Today, I have become a full – time writer. Looking back on this &&39&, I learned a very important lesson: You can’t &&40&&to doubt yourself.小题1:A.joyB.voiceC.speechD.smile小题2:A.proudB.activeC.satisfiedD.moved小题3:A.visitedB.emailedC.phonedD.interviewed小题4:A.agreedB.refusedC.hesitatedD.paused小题5:A.repliedB.discoveredC.explainedD.knew小题6:A.seriouslyB.patientlyC.nervouslyD.quietly小题7:A.blamingB.foolingC.invitingD.urging小题8:A.hardshipB.failureC.commentD.pressure小题9:A.withB.byC.onD.in小题10:A.disappearedB.returnedC.spreadD.improved小题11:A.compareB.struggleC.surviveD.compete小题12:A.ignoreB.deliverC.faceD.receive小题13:A.decoratingB.repairingC.cleaningD.leaving小题14:A.disbeliefB.anxietyC.horrorD.trouble小题15:A.subjectiveB.relevantC.privateD.reliable小题16:A.broadcastB.createC.publishD.assess小题17:A.recoverB.prepareC.escapeD.concentrate小题18:A.energeticB.endlessC.typicalD.enjoyable小题19:A.experienceB.successC.benefitD.accident小题20:A.attemptB.affordC.expectD.pretend
题型:阅读理解
There is a very special wolf that lives in Africa. They are actually called, the African wild dog, of painted dogs. These animals live in open woodlands, or in the plains of Africa. Today, however, most of the animals can be found in eastern or southern Africa. These animals are beautiful. They have rounded ears instead of pointed like most dogs, and they have four toes (脚趾) on each of their four feet, also a unique characteristic because other dogs have five. Their fine fur is always different from each other. The fur is usually a combination of black, brown, red, and white, and sometimes even yellow. No wonder they’re called the painted wolf.The African wild dog is a very social animal. They live in groups and have numbers from five to about twenty. The members of a group are always very close to one another. They communicate in their own language or body language. When someone is very old or sick, the others will help, and they are willing to share the food with the elders and with those who are weak, which is what we should learn from.The family does everything together, from raising young, to sleeping together, to hunting. When they hunt, they will work together suing team work to kill animals that are larger than them.They sometimes hunt farm animals. This is unfortunate, because both poachers (偷猎者), and people who own farms shoot the painted dogs who are just trying to survive.Before, there used to be many large groups throughout the land, but now the African wild god is very rare. They are also losing their population because of their own loss of habitat thanks to human’s farming and forest cutting.小题1:From the text we learn that the African wild dog &&&&&&&&.A.lives in the north of AfricaB.has sixteen toes altogetherC.has pointed ears like most dogsD.lives in forests in groups小题2:Why do African wild dogs get the name “painted dogs”?A.They all have colorful fur.B.The dogs in the same group are of different colors.C.Artists love to paint them in different colors.D.None of them has the same color.小题3:According to the author, what should we learn from African wild dogs?A.They always do everything together.B.They help the sick, the elderly and the weak.C.They are always very close to one another.D.They communicate in their own language.小题4:Which of the following is NOT the reason why African wild dogs are becoming very rare?A.Poachers kill some of them.B.They are short of food sometimes.C.They are losing their habitat.D.Farmers shoot some of them.小题5:Where could this passage probably be found?A.The TravelersB.Fashion WeeklyC.Animal WorldD.Star Magazine
When I was thirteen, my family moved from Boston to Tucson, Arizona. __36__the move, my father __37__us in the living-room on a freezing January night. My sisters and I sat around the fire, not __38__ that the universe would suddenly change its course. “In May, we′re__39__ to Arizona.” The words, so small, didn't seem__40__enough to hold my new life. But the world changed and I awoke on a tram moving across the country.1 watched the __41__change from green trees to flat dusty plains to high mountains as I saw strange new plants that __42__ mysteries yet to come. Finally, we arrived and __43__ into our new home.__44__ my older sisters were sad at the loss of friends, I _45_explored our new surroundings.
One afternoon, I was out exploring __46__ and saw a new kind of cactus(仙人掌). I crouched(蹲)down for a closer look. “You'd better not __47__ that” I turned around to see an old woman. “Are you new to this neighborhood?” I explained that I was, __48__,new to the entire state.“My name is Ina Thorne.” Have you got used to life in the __49__? It must be quite a __50__ after living in Boston.”How could I explain how I __51__ the desert? I couldn’t seem to find the right words.“It’s vastness,” she offered. “That vastness __52__ you stand on the mountains overlooking the desert—you can __53__ how little you are in comparison with the world. __54__, you feel that the possibilities are limitless.”That was it. That was the feeling I’d had ever since I’d first seen the mountains of my new home. Again, my __55__ would change with just a few simple words.“Would you like to come to my home tomorrow?” Someone should teach you which plant you should and shouldn’t touch.”小题1:A.During B.UntilC.UponD.Before小题2:A.gatheredB.warned C.organizedD.comforted小题3:A.hoping B.admitting C.realizing D.believing小题4:A.goingB.movingC.driving D.flying小题5:A.good B.simple C.bigD.proper小题6:A.picture B.groundC.sceneD.area小题7:A.suggested B.solvedC.discoveredD.explained小题8:A.settledB.walkedC.hurriedD.stepped小题9:A.IfB.AfterC.OnceD.While小题10:A.bitterlyB.easilyC.proudlyD.eagerly小题11:A.as wellB.as usualC.right awayD.on time小题12:A.moveB.digC.pullD.touch小题13:A.of courseB.in factC.after allD.at least小题14:A.desertB.cityC.stateD.country小题15:A.luckB.doubtC.shockD.danger小题16:A.foundB.examinedC.watchedD.reached小题17:A.why B.whenC.howD.where小题18:A.proveB.guessC.senseD.expect小题19:A.HoweverB.OtherwiseC.ThereforeD.Meanwhile小题20:A.ideaB.lifeC.homeD.family
It was at a concert that I happened to find David. He was holding his head at a strange &&36&&as if he were staring down at something. Then the truth &37&me. He was blind. The last thing he remembers seeingwas his daughter being born. Then the whole world went &&38&.Bad luck is no stranger to this 44-year-old man. His mother died of cancer, and his weak father had to &39&11-year-old David to the &40&of the state. Things seemed always to go for &&41&&. Two years ago, his beloved guide dog pulled him out of the pathof a truck. David was not &42&. The dog died.But David does not feel sorry for himself. “These are just little obstacles(障碍困难) you have to &&43&&in your life,” he said. He has to make a daily two-hour trip to his working place—the X-ray department of an &44&&room. It was a hard job to 45 by. Before he got it, David was determined to escape the workshop run by the Lighthouse, an organization &&46&&to helping blind people. He wanted a job of developing X-ray film, a job &&47 &&everyone, not just he, must work in the dark, including those with &48 &eyesight. The Lighthouse called many hospitals, with no result, &&49 &they offered to pay his first three months’ salary. David works alone in a dark room that &&50&&of chemicals. He doesn’t wear gloves. Otherwise, he could not feel. 51&&this is an emergency room, lives can be put either &&52&&or out of danger. His director says he trusts him 100 percent.He makes $20,000 a year. But his motivation goes &&53 &money. “By working I can realize my own &&54&. That’s what really counts!” he said.What a shining example for us to &&55&!小题1:A.angle(角度)B.directionC.mannerD.way小题2:A.stuck toB.came outC.struckD.occurred小题3:A.blankB.darknessC.wronglyD.emptiness小题4:A.give inB.look afterC.leaveD.remain小题5:A.attentionB.careC.worryD.control小题6:A.betterB.worstC.the betterD.the worse小题7:A.hurtB.woundC.damagedD.ruined小题8:A.experimentB.get overC.do withD.go over小题9:A.upstairsB.informationC.emergencyD.underground小题10:A.comeB.passC.goD.stand小题11:A.intendedB.aimedC.offeredD.devoted小题12:A.thatB.whereC.whichD.how小题13:A.averageB.commonC.normalD.poor小题14:A.becauseB.as ifC.in caseD.even though小题15:A.consistsB.smellsC.tastesD.makes 小题16:A.IfB.AlthoughC.SinceD.When小题17:A.at riskB.in needC.at easeD.to test小题18:A.intoB.beyondC.forD.over小题19:A.disadvantageB.blindnessC.purposeD.value小题20:A.setB.takeC.giveD.follow
When you’re lying on the white sands of the Mexican Rivera, the stresses (压力) of the world seem a million miles away. Hey, stop! This is no vacation—you have to finish something.Here lies the problem for travel writer and food critic (评论家) Edie Jarolim. “I always loved traveling and always liked to eat, but it never occurred to me that I could make money doing both of those things,” Jarolim said. Now you can read her travel advice everywhere--- in Arts and Antiques, in Brides, or in one of her three books, The Complete Idiot Travel Guide to Mexican Beach Resorts.Her job in travel writing began some eight years ago. After getting a PhD in English in Canada, she took a test for Frommer’s travel guides, passed it, and got the job. After working at Frommer’s, Jarolim worked for a while at Rough Guides in London, then Fodor’s where she fell so in love with a description of the Southwest of the U.S. that she moved there.Now as a travel writer, she spends one-third of her year on the road. The rest of the time is spent completing her tasks and writing reviews of restaurants at home in Tucson, Arizona.As adventurous as the job sounds, the hard part is fact-checking all the information. Sure, it’s great to write about a tourist attraction, but you’d better get the local museum hours correct or you could really ruin someone’s vacation.小题1:What is most difficult for Jarolim?A.Working in different places to collect information.B.Checking all the facts to be written in the guides.C.Finishing her work as soon as possible.D.Passing a test to write travel guides.小题2:What do we know about Jarolim from the text?A.She is successful in her job.B.She finds her life full of stresses.C.She spends half of her time traveling. D.She is especially interested in museums.小题3:What would be the best title for the text?A.Adventures in Travel WritingB.Working as a Food CriticC.Travel Guides on the MarketD.Vacationing for a Living
Even though it was only October, my students were already whispering about Christmas plans. With each passing day everyone became more &31&&waiting for the final school bell. Upon its &&32 &everyone would run for their coats and go home, everyone except David David was a small boy in ragged clothes. I had often &33&what kind of home life David had, and what kind of mother could send her son to school dressed so&34&for the cold winter months, without a coat, boots, or gloves. But something made David &&35& . I can still remember he was always &36&a smile and willing to help. He always &37&after school to straighten chairs and mop the floor. We never talked much. He& 38 &just smile and ask what else he could do ,then thank me for letting him stay and slowly &39&home.Weeks passed and the &40 &over the coming Christmas grew into restlessness until the last day of& 41&before the holiday break. I smiled in &42 &as the last of them hurried out the door. Turning around I saw David&43&standing by my desk. &“I have something for you” he said and &&44&from behind his back a small box.& 45 &&it to me, he said anxiously, “Open it. ”I took the box from him, thanked him and slowly unwrapped it. I lifted the lid and to my&46 &saw nothing. I looked at David’s smiling face and back into the box and said. “The box is nice, David, but it’ s& 47 . ” “ Oh no it isn’t ,” said David “ It’s full of love, my mum told me before she died that love was something you couldn’t see or touch unless you know it’s there .” Tears filled my eyes &48 &Ilooked at the proud dirty face that I had rarely given &49&&to. After that Christmas, David and I became good friends and I never forgot the meaning&50&the little empty box set on my desk.&&&&&&小题1:A.courageous B.anxiousC.seriousD.cautious小题2:A.warningB.callingC.ringingD.yelling小题3:A.scoldedB.wonderedC.realizedD.learned小题4:A.modestlyB.naturallyC.inappropriatelyD.inaccurately小题5:A.popularB.specialC.upsetD.funny小题6:A.expressingB.deliveringC.sharingD.wearing小题7:A.practicedB.wanderedC.stayedD.studied小题8:A.wouldB.shouldC.mightD.could小题9:A.aim atB.head forC.put offD.turn to小题10:A.excitementB.argumentC.movement D.judgement小题11:A.yearB.schoolC.education D.program小题12:A.vainB.returnC.reliefD.control小题13:A.quietlyB.sadlyC.weaklyD.helplessly小题14:A.searchedB.foundC.raisedD.pulled小题15:A.HoldingB.SendingC.HandingD.Leaving小题16:A.delightB.expectationC.appreciationD.surprise小题17:A.emptyB.cheapC.uselessD.improper小题18:A.asB.untilC.becauseD.though小题19:A.adviceB.supportC.commandD.attention小题20:A.fromB.behindC.overD.towards
"Super Dan", as top-seeded Lin Dan of China is better known in the badminton(羽毛球) world, had his Olympic dream come true after claiming the men's singles gold by beating Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia on August 17 in the Beijing Olympics.His father, Lin Jianbin, said "Super Dan"has waited for four years to get this championship and he felt very proud of his son, as well as his prospective daughter-in-law Xie Xingfang, who is also a badminton player and won silver in women's singles at the Beijing Games.An SMS: The beginning of a love storyLin was born in Shanghang County, Longyan in Fujian Province. He first met Xie Xingfang when he was 14-years-old. 16-year-old Xie was attending a national youth team badminton training camp in Jinjiang, Fujian and Lin was also there.Tall and beautiful, Xie became the Snow White in the heart of Lin Dan, and he tried to please her and get chances to chat with her after the training sessions. He did not go beyond that.Before the Spring Festival in 2004, Lin finally mustered(召集,聚集) the courage and sent Xie Xingfang a text message - I LOVE YOU. In fact, Xie Xingfang had already realized Lin Dan was fond of her. And covertly(秘密地) , she began to pay attention to Lin's movement and performance on the court. "He is very interesting, got a lot of ideas, and is a lovely boy."Two Kisses In May 2004 at the Thomas Cup in Jakarta, their love relationship was first known to the public. Xie sat with her teammates and watched the men's team playing. When Lin Dan won the match, he rushed to the bench and kissed Xie, a move that Xie did not expect Lin to do in public. A photographer captured this moment.At the All England Open in 2007, Lin kissed her again in public, making Xie feel like the happiest woman in the world.After Lin won his third title at the Open, he did not stay to watch Xie play. Xie defeated her opponent and won the championship. When she was called to accept the trophy(奖品,战利品) , Lin suddenly emerged at the central venue, holding red roses and gave her the flowers, and a passionate kiss.Nine RosesEarlier, on February 14, 2006, Lin and Xie were with the national badminton teams at a training camp in Jinjiang. The teams had their rules – not going out of the training camp. Xie thought she would spend the Valentine's Day without flowers.But Lin still managed to give her a surprise – giving her a Dior wallet as a Valentine's gift and nine roses. With the teams' rule in place, Lin asked his local friend to buy the roses and gave her a pleasant Valentines surprise.A 200-square-meter apartmentLin Dan and Xie Xingfang's love has been through four years of tests, and Xie's father also said that they should consider marriage after the Olympics.In fact, Lin Dan has already prepared for this. He has bought a 200-square-meter apartment in downtown Beijing, with 4 rooms and 2 living rooms. Paying about 20,000 yuan per square meter for the apartment, it is reported the apartment is now valued at 8 million yuan."After the Olympics, we really want to live our own lives, go on vacation, go to school, get married, I am really looking forward to it," Xie said happily.With two kitchens, one Chinese and one Western style, Xie said she wanted to be the person preparing soup at home and enjoy family life.小题1:How old was Lin Dan when he first met Xie Xingfang?A.14B.16C.18D.20小题2:What does Xie Xingfang specialize in?A.tennisB.badmintonC.basketballD.swimming小题3:What did Lin Dan give Xie Xingfang as a gift for the Valentinge’s Day in 2006?A.A Chanel perfumeB.A Dior walletC.An LV handbagD.A Tiffany ring小题4:When are the plans of this couple after the Olympic except _____?A.to start businessB.to go to schoolC.to go on vacationD.to get married

我要回帖

更多关于 afternoon tea 的文章

随机推荐