We'd like you to imagine what it would you like to dobe like if you...中的what it would you like to dobe like 是什么语法结构?

答案:1.B;2.A;3.B;4.C;
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:黄冈新内参·高考(专题)模拟测试卷·英语
  Dr. Carl Sagan has been a leader in space exploration. He is an astronomer at Cornell University and director of the Laboratory for Planetary Studies. The author talked with Dr. Carl Sagan about how he became an astronomer.
  Q: At the age of five did you know what the stars were?
  A: I didn't know what they were, so I asked my friends and some older children, I got answers like “They're lights in the sky, kid.”That wasn't much of an answer. What were they? Were they little electric light bulbs(灯泡) held by black wires you couldn't see?
  Q: If there are creatures living on another planet, what do you think they would look like?
  A: I can't imagine what they'd look like, and they couldn't imagine what we'd look like. All of life on Earth is the same, except for some external(外部的) differences in form. Every one of us on Earth, from bacteria(细菌) is made up of the same kinds of proteins and the same kinds of nucleic acids(核酸). But on another planet, everything is different, and I would expect that the organisms would be totally different from us.
  Q: Do you think we should have a manned mission(工作团)to Mars?
  A: I don't think there's any reason to send people to Mars if our goal is to find out about Mars. Let's send robots instead. They're cheaper. There's no risk of human lives. Robots can go to more dangerous places. But I think there are reasons for sending people there that are not connected to finding out about Mars. Planning for a manned mission to Mars would force us to improve some of our technology. It would encourage the major technological nations to come together for the project. Space flight also speaks to something deep within us. A human mission to Mars would provide a sense of adventure. It would help to stimulate a new generation of scientists, and it would make all people feel a little more optimistic about what we can do as a planet.
  Q: What advice would you give a young person who wants to be an astronomer?
  A: I'd say,“Study physics. But before you can study physics you have to know mathematics, so study mathematics.”I would also encourage them to read a lot, be curious, and ask questions.
1.As a boy, Carl Sagan didn't ________.
A.often ask questions
B.always get satisfying answers from his friends
C.try to do well in physics
D.read a lot
2.We human beings are interested in finding life on another planet because ________.
A.we are naturally drawn to other things that are alive and are curious about them.
B.most of us want to have more friends.
C.some of us are eager to rule the universe
D.scientists want to show how modem our technology is
3.Robots can be sent to Mars because ________.
A.we have enough robots
B.they're strong and big
C.everything is easy to them
D.some duties are too dangerous for human being to fulfill
4.A manned mission to Mars ________.
A.is reasonable if the goal is to collect information
B.is O.K. if robots are sent as well
C.can make us improve some technology to prepare for it
D.can make strong nations come together
5.Which of the following statements is true?
A.Carl Sagan is an astronaut.
B.Carl Sagan used to ask friends silly questions.
C.Carl Sagan thinks we can't imagine what creatures on another planet look like until they can imagine our appearance.
D.Carl Sagan encourages young people interested in astronomy to work hard at physics as well as mathematics.
来源:贵州省兴义市精华中学2010届高三第一次月考英语试题
  The Fourth:“21st Century Cup”National English Speaking Competiton is to be held in Shanghai.
  Organizers:China Daily and Shanghai Broadcasting Network.
  Co-ordinater:China University English Speaking Association(CUEAS).
  Co-sponsors:English Speaking Union(ESU), Lotus Software(Chian)Co.Ltd, Times Publishing Group of Singapore, Hilton Shanghai, Pearson Education, Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press.
  Date:March 26(Friday), 2008.
  Place:Hilton Shanghai.
  Competition Format:Each student will present a prepared speech on the giving topic, followed by a three-minute off-hand speech and a three-minute question and answer period with the judges.
  Prepared speech period:Six minutes.
  Q & A period:Three minutes.
  Speech topic:People and Nature:In search of harmony in a new age+your personal opinion.(Topic for the off hand speech will be given on the day of competition).
  Prizes:Besides books and certificates, the top two winners will be offered scholarships to travel to the annual international English-speaking competition which will be held by the English Speaking Union in London in May, 2008.The third and fourth place winners will be offered a study trip to Singapore, sponsored by the Times Publishing Group.The fifth through 10th place winners will be offered cash prizes.All the competitors will receive certificates from the English Speaking Union and book prizes provided by Pearson Education and Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press.The teachers of the top winners will also receive a one-year membership to the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language(IATEFL).
The main purpose of this passage is ________.
to invite you to take part in the competition.
to tell you some information of the competition
to help to improve your spoken English
to show you how to win the competition
Which of the following is NOT mentioned about the Shanghai English Speaking Competition?
Where and when it will take place.
Its program.
What each winner will be offered.
The number of its competitors
Suppoes you get the sixth place, you’ll ________.
travel to London for free
become a one-year member of IATEFL
get some money, some books and a certificate
get a chance to study in Singapore
An“off-hand speech”is ________.
a speech not longer than three minutes
a speech without preparation
a speech with a piece of paper in hand
a speech which is well prepared
来源:黑龙江省哈九中2011届高三第二次模拟考试英语试题
  In a six-week study, experts found people who played online games designed to improve their cognitive(认知的)skills didn't get any smarter.
  More than 8,600 people aged 18 to 60 were asked to play online brain games designed by the researchers to improve their memory, reasoning and other skills for at least 10 minutes a day, three times a week.They were compared to more than 2,700 people who didn't play any brain games, but spent a similar amount of time surfing the Internet and answering general knowledge questions.All participants were given a sort of I.Q test before and after the experiment.
  Researchers said the people who did the brain training didn't do any better on the test after six weeks than people who had simply been on the Internet.On some sections of the test, the people who surfed the Net scored higher than those playing the games.
  “If you're(playing these games)because they're fun, that's absolutely fine,”said Adrian Owen, the study's lead author.“But if you're expecting(these games)to improve your I.Q., our data suggests this isn't the case,”he said during a press briefing on Tuesday.
  One maker of brain games said the company's games have been proven to boost brain power.
  “Their conclusion would be like saying, 'I cannot run a mile in under 4 minutes and therefore it is impossible to do so,”Aldrich said in a statement.
  “There is precious little evidence to suggest the skills used in these games transfer to the real world,”said Art Kramer, who was not linked to the study and has no ties to any companies that make brain training games.
  Instead of playing brain games, Kramer said people would be better off getting some exercise.He said physical activity can spark(激发)new connections between nerves and produce new brain cells.“Fitness changes the building blocks of the brain's structure,”he said.
It can be inferred that the online brain games mentioned in the text are ________.
unreliable
Which of the following statements is true about the experiment in the second paragraph?
The experiment lasted for a week.
Age didn't affect the result of the research.
Every person played online brain games three times a day.
People who didn't play online brain games did better in I.Q test
What can we learn from the text?
Playing games which are fun can improve your I.Q.
There is a lot of evidence to suggest skills can transfer to the real world.
Do physical activity can boost your brain power.
Playing online games can spark new brain cells.
The underlined sentence suggests that ________.
The research was not linked to the study
Those playing the games can score higher in the test
playing the games can spark new connections between nerves
This isn't the case that these games can improve your I.Q.
来源:浙江省南马高级中学学年高一下学期期中考试英语试题
  The Fourth“21st Century Cup”National English Speaking Competition is to be held in Shanghai.
  Organizers:China Daily and Shanghai Broadcasting Network.
  Co-ordinater:China University English Speaking Association(CUESA).
  Co-sponsors(联办单位):English Speaking Union(ESU), Lotus Software(China)Co.Ltd., Times Publishing Group of Singapore, Hilton Shanghai, Pearson Education, Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press.
  Date:March 26(Friday), 1999.
  Place:Hilton Shanghai.
  Competition Format(形式):Each student will present a prepared speech on the given topic, followed by a three minute off hand speech and a three-minute question and answer period with the judges.
  Prepared speech period:six minutes.
  Q & A period:three minutes.
  Speech topic:People and Nature:In search of harmony(和谐)in a new age+your personal opinion.(Topics for the off-hand speech will be given on the day of competition).
  Prizes:Besides books and certificates(证书), the top two winners will be offered scholarships(奖学金)to travel to the annual international English-speaking competition which will be held by the English Speaking Union in London in May, 1999.The third and fourth place winners will be offered a study trip to Singapore, sponsored by the Times Publishing Group.The fifth through 10th place winners will be offered cash prizes.All the competitors will receive certificates from the English Speaking Union and book prizes provided by Pearson Education and Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press.The teachers of the top winners will also receive a one-year membership to the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language(IATEFL)
The main purpose of this passage is ________.
to invite you to take part in the competition
to tell you some information of the competition
to help to improve your spoken English
to show you how to win the competition
Which of the following is NOT mentioned about the Shanghai English Speaking Competition?________.
Where and when it will take place.
Its program.
What each winner will be offered.
The number of its competitors.
Suppose you get the sixth place, you'll ________.
travel to London for free.
become a one-year member of IATEFL
get some money, some books and a certificate
get a chance to study in Singapore
An“off-hand speech”is ________.
a speech not longer than three minutes
a speech without preparation
a speech with a piece of paper in hand
a speech which is well preparedPeople need water to survive.Almost everything on the earth needs water.We can imagine what will be like if we don’t drink any water on a summer day.In fact,water makes a considerable part of your weight and it helps you survive.Sometimes water can_百度作业帮
People need water to survive.Almost everything on the earth needs water.We can imagine what will be like if we don’t drink any water on a summer day.In fact,water makes a considerable part of your weight and it helps you survive.Sometimes water can be bad for people.For example,we will feel inconvenient to do outdoor work if it rains for days.Farmers will suffer a lot if it rains too much at the harvest.A flood does harm to all forms of lives.Polluted water causes many kinds of diseases and sometimes these diseases even take man’s life.So everybody must keep water clean and not pollute the water source.Answer the questions:(1) What do people need water to do?(2) What makes up a considerable part of your weight?(3) Water is always good for people,isn’t it?(4) Why sometimes can water be bad for people?(5) What must people do to fight water pollution?
1.People need water to survive.2.Water.3.No,it isn't.4.We will feel inconvenient to do outdoor work if it rains for days.Farmers will suffer a lot if it rains too much at the harvest.A flood does harm to all forms of lives.Polluted water causes many kinds of diseases and sometimes these diseases even take man’s life.5.Everybody must keep water clean and not pollute the water source.
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
(1) What do people need water to do? People need water to survive(2) What makes up a considerable part of your weight? In fact, water makes a considerable part of your weight and it helps you survive.
1 drink2 water3 yes4 we will feel inconvenient to do outdoor work if it rains for days. Farmers will suffer a lot if it rains too much at the harvest. A flood does harm to all forms of ...
1 survive2 water3 no4 we will feel inconvenient to do outdoor work if it rains for days. Farmers will suffer a lot if it rains too much at the harvest. A flood does harm to all forms of lives. 5 we must keep water clean and not pollute the water source.
扫描下载二维码试题分析:考查固定词组和宾语从句。第一空的固定词组play a part in…在…中起重要作用;把part提前,后面使用定语从句,part后面省略的that/which作为play的宾语。第二空的what在宾语从句中作为like的宾语。故D正确。
考点:考查固定词组和宾语从句
点评:固定词组play
a part in…在…中起重要作用,要分析句子的具体结构。搞清句子的脉络。
请在这里输入关键词:
来源:2010年广东省广州市白云中学高二上学期第二次月考英语卷
题型:阅读理解
Talking on a mobile phone is expensive, so a lot of people send text messages. Text messages are much cheaper than talking on a mobile phone, and you can make it cheaper by making the words shorter. You can do this by taking out “unimportant” letters in the words and using numbers instead of words (2 =" to," 3 =" free," 4 =" for," 8 =" ate," so h8 =" hate," etc.). You can also keep away from using punctuation (标点). Here is an example: Do U wnt 2 g 2 th cnma tnite (Do you want to go to the cinema tonight?)What do you think these text messages mean?Whr hv U bn? Iv bn wtng hrs fr a cll.Im hm nw, why nt gv me a cll.I gt a txt mssge frm my frnd. Shes hvng a prty on Strdy.Mobile phone users have developed a group of symbols (符号) to show how they feel. They are called emoticons, and there are some examples below. To read an emoticon, you have to look at it sideways. For example, if you say something in a text message that is a joke, you can follow it with a smiling face. Like this: Why didt u call me? I’m so sad. &&(Here are some others. Can you think of text messages where you could use them?) laughing&&&& ( sad&&&&< really sadⅤ shouting&&& |·| asleep&&&:0 shocked8·| surprised&&& \·o bored【小题1】Why are text messages popular?A.Because they are expensive.B.Because they are cheap.C.Because they are hard to write.D.Because they are not important.【小题2】The first paragraph tells us that we can make the text messages shorter in &&&&&&&&&&&&ways.A.oneB.twoC.threeD.four【小题3】 What does this text message “Do U wnt 2 cm?” mean? It means “&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&?”.A.Do you want to comeB.Do you wear two capsC.Do you want two cakesD.Do you go home early【小题4】Why do people use emoticons?A.Because they can show how users feel.B.Because the symbols are beautiful.C.Because text messages are short.D.Because the users can’t make the words shorter.
来源:2013届福建省漳州市芗城中学高考模拟英语试卷(带解析)
EWhen I was growing up, 16 was always a magical age, a symbol of maturity, responsibility and of course more independence and freedom.& I sat through the hours of Driver’s Ed classes eager to get out on the road. I couldn’t wait to get my driver’s license.But it’s a different story for today’s teens. In January, the U.S. Department Transportation released 2012 data that showed only 30.7 percent of U.S. teens got their license at age 16, Twenty years before, that number was almost 45 percent.There are numbers of reasons for the fall – off. The growing responsibilities like paying for insurance and high gas prices discourage teens from getting behind the wheel. Plus, many teens today are so busy with homework, endless hours of activities and part-time jobs, that finding the time for Driver’s Ed classes may be more difficult that ever.In addition, many states have raised the driving age, or restricted when teens can drive and who they can have in the car. Parents may also be making their own personal restrictions until they feel their teens are responsible enough to drive safely.Driving is part of the American culture, but it’s not the central focus like it was 25 years ago. They have so many other things to do now. One of the more interesting factors delaying teens driving might be the change of their social life. Today, teens need to look no further than Face book or other social networking sites to connect with their friends. There is simply less need, maybe less desire, to be able to grab the keys and go.Michelle Wei got her license as a senior in high school because her digital social life made it easy no to drive. “If I couldn’t get a ride to see my friend who lives a town over,” the 19-year-old said, “I could talk on IM or Skype.”Research has shown that these online relationships can lead to higher quality friendships, so it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. However, it’s important to find a balance. If old face-to-face friendships are good, why not drive to find them?【小题1】We can infer from the first paragraph that&&&&&&&& .A.Driver’s Ed classes allowed teens to know what maturity wasB.getting a driving license at 16 was a must for American teensC.16 was considered an age when one could get his driver’s licenseD.teens could drive on the road without taking Driver’s Ed classes【小题2】What does the passage mainly talk about?A.Desire to drive on the road declines among American teens.B.Getting a license costs much more than ever before.C.Social networking sites are changing the life of American teens.D.American teens are becoming more responsible than ever.【小题3】Michelle’s Wei’s example is used to explain ________.A.why American teens are crazy about digital social lifeB.what social networking websites are bringing to American teensC.to what degree the Internet is affecting the American car cultureD.what the Internet does to help teens to get a driving license【小题4】The last paragraph is reminding the readers that&&&&&&&&.A.the Internet h as a bad effect on the teen’s social lifeB.teens should keep a balance in choosing their lifestyleC.actual contacts can be replaced by talking on lineD.face-to-face friendship is always the best choice
来源:学年福建省漳州市高考模拟英语试卷(解析版)
When I was growing up, 16 was always a magical age, a
symbol of maturity, responsibility and of course more independence and
freedom.& I sat through the hours of Driver’s Ed classes eager to get out
on the road. I couldn’t wait to get my driver’s license.
But it’s a different story for today’s teens. In
January, the U.S. Department Transportation released 2012 data that showed only
30.7 percent of U.S. teens got their license at age 16, Twenty years before,
that number was almost 45 percent.
There are numbers of reasons for the fall – off. The
growing responsibilities like paying for insurance and high gas prices
discourage teens from getting behind the wheel. Plus, many teens today are so
busy with homework, endless hours of activities and part-time jobs, that
finding the time for Driver’s Ed classes may be more difficult that ever.
In addition, many states have raised the driving age,
or restricted when teens can drive and who they can have in the car. Parents
may also be making their own personal restrictions until they feel their teens
are responsible enough to drive safely.
Driving is part of the American culture, but it’s not
the central focus like it was 25 years ago. They have so many other things to
do now. One of the more interesting factors delaying teens driving might be the
change of their social life. Today, teens need to look no further than Face
book or other social networking sites to connect with their friends. There is
simply less need, maybe less desire, to be able to grab the keys and go.
Michelle Wei got her license as a senior in high
school because her digital social life made it easy no to drive. “If I couldn’t
get a ride to see my friend who lives a town over,” the 19-year-old said, “I
could talk on IM or Skype.”
Research has shown that these online relationships can
lead to higher quality friendships, so it isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
However, it’s important to find a balance. If old face-to-face friendships are
good, why not drive to find them?
1.We can infer from the first paragraph
that&&&&&&&& .
A.Driver’s Ed classes allowed teens to know what maturity was
B.getting a
driving license at 16 was a must for American teens
C.16 was
considered an age when one could get his driver’s
license
D.teens could
drive on the road without taking Driver’s Ed classes
2.What does the passage mainly talk about?
A.Desire to
drive on the road declines among American teens.
B.Getting a
license costs much more than ever before.
C.Social
networking sites are changing the life of American teens.
D.American
teens are becoming more responsible than ever.
3.Michelle’s Wei’s example is used to explain
________.
A.why American
teens are crazy about digital social life
B.what social
networking websites are bringing to American teens
C.to what
degree the Internet is affecting the American car culture
D.what the
Internet does to help teens to get a driving license
4.The last paragraph is reminding the readers
that&&&&&&&&.
A.the Internet
h as a bad effect on the teen’s social life
B.teens should
keep a balance in choosing their lifestyle
C.actual
contacts can be replaced by talking on line
D.face-to-face
friendship is always the best choice
People who put a smiley face at the end of a message, in an attempt to show feeling, show no feeling. I wish there was a symbol for two fingers in the air.I had some bad news this week. My manager informed me of this news via email. It was like hearing about the death of a loved one via pigeon. Bad news should only ever be delivered face to face or voice to voice.We seem to celebrate our numerous methods of communication, but really there is no communication at all. I talk to my plants more than I talk to my neighbors, I get text messages that take me three hours to read because they’re written like this: “Hi, I ope you av a gr8 day. Call me La8tr.” I had an email from someone this week that read, “Da ut ov 2day are really annoying me!” Ut? I had to say this 20 times before I understood it. Youth has now become ut. Haven’t we taken enough from them—now we have to take their letters?I had an email recently from a girl who used to live over the road from me as a child. She wrote, “Hi Shazia, howz u? Im sure u used 2 live across the road from me. We sumtimes played tennis 2 gever at the park and you was in your eliment. I am married now wif 3 daughters.” Then, to my horror, she ended the email with: “Im now teachin in Leeds. Luv Clare.”Teaching? With English like this. It’s like saying you’re a train driver when you’ve never seen a train. It was like reading modern Morse code.Getting bad news via email makes it seem so much worse than it actually is. Just a few lines, no emotion, no comfort, not really an explanation. Just a few cold hard words. It’s an excuse. Just write a few words and the problem of delivering it is no longer yours. A close friend recently told me she was very happy to announce she was getting married—and made the announcement by email. I don’t know how she didn’t fall off her chair with excitement while writing it. If you are really happy or really sad to announce something important, wouldn’t you like a human reaction? Some euphoria, elation, tears, a punch in the face?I receive long text messages every day with information and explanations that I don’t bother reading. They’re boring, and annoy me. In the time it took someone to write me three laborious texts, they could have called, spoken to me, made some tea. People who put a smiley face at the end of a sentence, in an attempt to show feeling, show no feeling. I wish there was a symbol for two fingers in the air, because that’s the one I’d send back.The telegram has been responsible for reporting world-shattering events when there were very few other options(选择权). Now we have options, and people opt for the least humane one. My mum, in an attempt to get down with the ut of today, asked me to teach her to text. Now she constantly texts me in block capitals, so it looks as if she is still angry and annoyed with me after all these years.People don’t even write by hand any more. My doctor prints out prescriptio even my mechanic prints out a receipt. I get typed Christmas cards and my friends send me emails. I get very excited when hand-written letters come through my door, only because they rarely do.When I was at school, the girls used to write letters to each other, even though we sat side by side and spoke to one another all day. I think it was a way of expressing private things we were afraid to say when we were 14 and too shy. We used to write things like, “You are my best friend, can’t wait to sit next to you in math.”I miss the personal method of communication. Once the pen was mightier than the sword, now it seems the keyboard is mightier than the pen.1.We can learn from paragraph 3 and paragraph 4 that the writer wants to say ________.A.the spelling mistakes in the messages make her very annoyedB.only writing letters will bring friends and neighbors much closerC.she talks to plants more because no one shares her joys and sorrowsD.gestures and the pen can express a lot more than the cold keyboard2.According to the writer, which of the following can support her opinion?A.She has been separated from all his classmates many years.B.No doctors write prescriptions by hand because of computers.C.In communication, we should write more letters than send messages.D.Less shy than school girls, boys rarely write letters to their friends.3.According to the passage, we can conclude that ________.A.the writer is a person full of emotions and treasures friendship and affectionsB.the writer becomes excited when she gets priceless gifts from other peopleC.her classmates would write to each other because they couldn’t send messagesD.people put a smiley face at the end of a message just to show they are happy4.What message is conveyed in the passage?A.The writer wastes much time in reading many rubbish text messages every day.B.Few people can write letters well in modern society owing to texting messages.C.Now people are too busy to communicate with each other face to face often.D.The writer prefers personal communication rather than electronic equipment.5.Why does the writer mention the telegram?A.Because she thinks the annoyance of reading text messages is originated from it.B.Because we have more options to keep in touch with each other than ever before.C.Because advanced technology partly takes the blame for lacking the human touch.D.Because she thinks humans today become colder with the development of society.6.Which of the following best describe the tone of this passage?A.Optimistic.B.Critic.C.Sympathetic.D.Pessimistic.
Think about how many ways there are for you to
communicate today. You can send a letter or pick up the phone and make a call.
But today, one of the most popular ways to communicate is called instant
messaging. In any instant messaging system, you type a little text message on
your computer, press the “Send” button, and your message INSTANTLY shows up on
your friend’s screen. But how does it work?
Actually, the whole process is very cool. In the
1980s, you could sit down at a computer at any big university. Up to 100 people
would be logged in and sharing the computer. They had to share because these
computers were very expensive. You could type a command to send an instant
message to anyone logged into the same computer. It felt like everyone was
connected together no matter where they were sitting.&
Today, you can do the same thing — but with lots
more possibilities. And you can communicate with just about anyone in the
world. All you need is an instant messaging program installed(安装)
on your computer. There are many programs to choose from. AOL's instant
messenger (AIM) is probably the most popular right now. MSN has one. Google has
Google Talk. Ask your friends and find out what they are using. That will make
it easier to communicate with them.&
When you are ready, you create an account. Next,
you need to figure out the IM names your friends use. Add their IM names to
your IM program. Click on the friend you want to talk to and then type away.
When you click end, your friend gets the message instantly.&
But behind the scenes(在后台,在幕后), amazing things are happening. Your IM program is
communicating with a computer, called a server. The server could be just down
the road or even in some other city. All your friend's computers are
communicating with a server, too. Your computer is constantly chatting with the
server to make everything happen. The network called the Internet makes it all
What could be the best title for the passage ? &
A. How to Send Instant Messages.
B. The Easiest Way to Talk to a friend.&&&
C. Different Ways of Communication.&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. Development of Communication.&
Why did so many people share a computer at that time?&&
A. Because they want to be connected to each
B. Because computers were too large.