阅读理解 when i was in college……weyou will never knowfoget

DACAD1.从第二段可以看出,在作者家里,当有事发生时,责备是重要的,不可避免的。由此可以推断出作者的父母亲缺乏对孩子的理解。2.原文中“… but Amy continued into the crossroads without shopping. The driver of a large truck, unable to stop in time, ran into our car. ”在含义上与所问问题是相同的。3.原文中“Somewhere in south C we pulled off the highway to eat.”告诉了我们答案。4.倒数第二段告诉了我们答案。怀特夫人说:“简走了,我们非常怀念她。无论我们说什么和做什么都不能让她回来。而埃米还有很长的路要走。如果她觉得我们因为她姐姐的死而责备她,那她怎样才能过上充实而幸福的生活呢?5.从文中最后一段,我们可知埃米过上了正常的生活。她经历了一般女性的生活:大学毕业;结婚;工作;成为母亲。
请选择年级高一高二高三请输入相应的习题集名称(选填):
科目:高中英语
题型:阅读理解
Douglas Adams was born in Cambridge in March 1952, educated at Brentwood School, Essex and St John's College, Cambridge where, in 1974 he gained a BA (and later an MA) in English literature.He was the creator of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy(《银河系漫游指南》), which started life as a BBC Radio 4 series in March 1978. Since then it has been transformed into a series of best-selling novels, a TV series, a record album, a computer game and several stage adaptations. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy's success sent the book straight to Number One in the UK Bestseller List and in 1984 Douglas Adams became the youngest author to be awarded a Golden Pan. He won a further two (a rare feat), and was nominated—though not selected - for the first Best of Young British Novelists awards.He followed this success with The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (1980); Life, The Universe and Everything (1982); So Long and Thanks for all the Fish (1984); and Mostly Harmless (1992). The first two books in the Hitchhiker series were adapted into a 6-part television series, which was an immediate success when first showed in 1982. Other publications include Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (1987) and Long Dark Tea-time of the Soul (1988). In 1984 Douglas teamed up with John Lloyd and wrote The Meaning of Life and their second huge success, The Deeper Meaning of Life followed in 1990. One of Douglas’s personal favorites was written in 1990 when he teamed up with zoologist Mark Carwardine and wrote Last Chance to See an account of a world-wide search for rare and endangered species of animals.Douglas sold over 15 million books in the UK, the US and Australia. He was also a best seller in German, Swedish and many other languages.Douglas Adams died on Friday, May 11, 2001, in Santa Barbara, CA. He will be greatly missed by fans worldwide1.The main idea of this passage is &&&&&&&&&A.Douglas Adams, always loved by fansB.Douglas Adams and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the GalaxyC.Douglas Adams and his worksD.Douglas Adams’s personal lives2.The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy was first shown to the public as &&&&&&&&&&A.a radio seriesB.a movieC.a TV seriesD.a computer game3.Which two books were adapted into a six-part TV series?A.Life, The Universe and Everything and Mostly HarmlessB.The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and Life, The Universe and EverythingC.The Restaurant at the End of the Universe and So Long and Thanks for all the FishD.So Long and Thanks for all the Fish and Mostly Harmless4.Last Chance to See is a book about &&&&&&&&&A.Some stories happening in a Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective AgencyB.the author’s personal favoritesC.a zoologist and his worldwide experiencesD.searching for rare and endangered species of animals5.Which of the following statement is not true?A.Douglas Adams died at the age of 49 and he was memorized by his fansB.Douglas Adams was the youngest author to be selected as one of the first Best of Young British NovelistsC.John Lloyd was one of the authors of the two books, The Meaning of Lifeand The Deeper Meaning of LifeD.Douglas graduated from Essex and St John's College and gained a Master’s Degree
If you're like a lot of married guys, you don't need to be reminded about men being from Mars or women from Venus. Chances are that you're all too familiar with the feeling that you and your wife are from different worlds. When married people start noticing their fundamental differences, it can lead to a breakdown in communication. The way to have a successful marriage is through communication, common ground and understanding. Here are some pointers to guide you in the right direction. Rather than ending up in an endless back and forth, forget about the issue for a minute. Instead, think about how you feel she's acting toward you and ask her if that's how she feels about you. If you think she's being unfair, ask her if she thinks you're being unfair. Switching the focus to that shared feeling can help your wife see things from your point of view. It's important to accept the fact that there's a two-way street between you and your wife. If you think she doesn't make enough of an effort to see things from your point of view, you have to ask yourself if you're making an effort to see it her way. Realize nobody can wave a magic wand to make you and your wife completely understand each other all the time. Many couples have an extremely close friendship and do almost everything together before they're married. Once you've tied the knot, you may begin to notice that you're not as alike as you once thought. It seems obvious, but some guys get fooled into thinking their wife will be as excited about all of their interests and hobbies as they are. Don't be surprised when you find out that she's not just like "one of the guys." Sooner or later you'll realize that she might be going along with some of your interests just to make you happy. Rather than feel offended if you find out she's not as into your favorite hobby as you thought, appreciate the effort she put into making you happy. Swallow your pride and try to take part in some of her hobbies, too, even if you might be a little put off at first. While you're not going to be trying on makeup with her, you could try baking a recipe together. If either of you is always giving everything and getting nothing in return, there's going to be bitterness. The best marriages are built on compromise. You knew you were going to have to give and take for y now it's time to make it happen1.What is the best title of the text?A.How to manage your marriageB.How to make a good husbandC.How to make a good wifeD.How to get her to speak your language2.The best subtitle of the 6th paragraph is ________A.Swallow your pride (at least sometimes)B.Find out her hobbiesC.Don’t get offendedD.Try to make up3.Which of the following is not good for keeping a successful marriage?A.Focus on the feeling to get past the disagreementB.Don't play the blame gameC.She won't always understand you (but that's OK)D.Try to understand each other all the way4.According to the last paragraph, it’s important for the husband and wife to__________A.forgive and forgetB.give and takeC.live and let liveD.get everything and return nothing5.The underlined phrase in the 6th paragraph probably mean________A.delay sthB.arrange sthC.dislike sthD.worsen sth
While nature lovers across the world wish all humans to realize the significance of their natural surroundings ,many Australians are turning caring for the environment into a way of life.Julie Astonis ,an Australian housewife in Brisbane is one such example, Even though autumn is approaching Australia’s Brisbane in April, one can still watch colorful blooming (盛开的)flowers in Julie’s little garden, as she tells that in her community, “Each of us has a beautiful yard, The whole community, from children to elderly people, takes care of the environment as if they are taking care of their own garden.”“Gardening is the most popular club in our community,”she says, “A lot of retired people don’t just regularly organize gardening lectures, but also personally visit families in the community to provide gardening training , So you can see that flowers continue to bols-som in our gardens throughout the year.”Talking about her people’s sense of care for the environment, Julie says when people in the community take along their dog, they always carry a garbage bag to deal with the dog’s waste, “In our community ,you will never experience the embarrassment of stepping on the dirty waste while you are walking on the grass,”says Julie with a smile,“Taking care of the dog’s waste can also help to develop children’s sense of responsibility!”As to protecting water resources , the Australian government has made strict rules for families, Julie says, “We certainly would not use tap water to water the flowers!”She ways almost every family in her community has a huge tank used to store rainwater, which is later used as the resource of all outdoor water use, connect the water tank with their toilets1.From the first three paragraphs we learn that&&&&&&A.gardening is popular in most part of AustraliaB.April is a great time for people to enjoy flowersC.it’s not easy to keep a garden without proper trainingD.Julie’s community has a deep sense of caring for nature2.Which of the following about Julie is true?A.She takes pride in her communityB.She once stepped on a dog’s wasteC.She is quite in favor of raising a dogD.She finds it embarrassing to walk on the grass3.From what Julie says in the last paragraph, we know _________A.rainwater is not the best resourceB.her community owns a public tankC.her community makes full use of resourcesD.it is not necessary to water flowers very often4.How many examples are given to show the caring for the environment in Australia?A.TwoB.ThreeC.FourD.Five5.What would be the best title for the passage?A.Love nature, the Australian wayB.How Australians save resourcesC.How Australians lead their lifeD.Protect nature, a must of life
2.26-meter-tall Yao Ming made his NBA debut (初次登台) on October 23, 2002 and got 6 points for the Houston Rockets in the game. The next day, he got 13 points in another game.Most people think that Yao Ming is a born basketball player. But Yao said, &When you watch it on TV, it looks very easy. But when you are playing in the NBA, it is really not so easy.& He said that joining the Houston Rockets was a new start and a new challenge. &I hope that through very hard work I can make everyone happy and help the Rockets win more games,& he said.Yao Ming speaks some English. Both he and his teammates can understand each other. They don't think there is a language problem. While Yao Ming faces this new challenge, the people of Houston have shown great interest in him and they hope Yao Ming will bring new energy to the Rockets. The team has started having lessons to learn more about China, and many people who work for the Rockets have learned to speak some Chinese1.Yao Ming got 13 points on October ______, 2002A.22B.23C.24D.262.Yao Ming said that ______.A.playing in the NBA was difficultB.it was hard to watch NBA games on TVC.he was an NBA starD.it was boring to play basketball3.From the passage we can know that Yao Ming ______.A.will work hard for his teamB.made the highest score in his first NBA gameC.can't understand his teammatesD.teaches the Rockets workers Chinese himself4.The passage is probably ______.A.an advertisementB.a noticeC.a news reportD.an instruction
I have always really loved receiving my monthly pocket money form my dad. After getting the money I would be very excited and would rush off to my friend’s place where after much consideration we would decide what to do with it and where to spend it. Mostly it would go for the ice cream treats(请客;款待) or jam sessions with our favorite people around. Girls will manage to find some way of budgeting so the money we save can be used for other purposes.I think that the best way to enjoy your pocket money would be to enjoy those treats that come occasionally. Since just mere pocket money would be not enough, many girls are doing a part time job of some form so that a larger amount of money can be collected. The best use of pocket money is to spend it in such a way that it involves lots of fun with your closest friends. Those treats are no fun if done alone. Company, especially good company can work wonders for providing you the best relaxation that you need. It is also best to spend your pocket money on things that otherwise parents end up refusing. When you use your pocket money to get this sense of achievement you will just feel so crazily happy. I remember the time when a friend and I were just so tired of our everyday monotonous life that we decided to go out, have some great food and then head out to the beach and have those lovely grape and mango ice-creams. And we did exactly that. That day has just been one of the most refreshing days of my life. I think the true meaning of pocket money is to be able to maximize your fun at a minimal cost!1.The writer thinks he can get greatest fun from pocket money by ________,A.spending it aloneB.treating good friendsC.travelling for funD.buying ice creams2.We can tell from Paragraph 1 that ________A.the writer didn’t know where to spend his pocket moneyB.girls used pocket money to buy ice creamsC.the writer got pocket money from his dad yearlyD.boys and girls may spend pocket money in different ways3.What does the underlined phrase “monotonous” in the last paragraph mean?A.excitingB.BoringC.WonderfulD.Colorful4.We can know from the passage that ________A.children can’t spend our pocket money wiselyB.there would be no fun without pocket moneyC.childhood happiness mainly comes from pocket moneyD.we can enjoy ourselves with a little pocket money5.What is the best title of the passage?A.How to get much pocket moneyB.Save pocket money as much as possibleC.Pocket money brings great funD.Pocket money means everything
“I sometimes get up at three or four in the morning and I surf the net.” “I often check my e-mail forty times a day. ”“I often spend more than three hours during one time on the net.”“I spend more time in chat rooms than with my ‘real-life’ friends.”Do you know any people like these? They are part of a new addiction(上瘾)called Internet addiction. Internet addicts spend at least thirty to forty hours online every week. The use of the Internet can be an addiction like drug(毒品)use. People lose control(控制)of the time they spend on the Internet.For example, one college student was missing for several days. His friends were worried, and they called the police. The police found the student in the computer lab: he was surfing the net for several days straight.Studies show that about 6% to 10% of Internet users become addicted. And people worry about the teens because the Internet is changing the playing field for some of them. They spend more time in cyberspace than in the real world of friends and family.Is “surfing the net” a hobby or an addiction for you? You may have a problem if you have these symptoms(症状):& ①You do not go to important family activities or you do not do school work because you like to spend hours on the Internet.& ②You can’t wait for your next online time.&& ③You go out with your friends less and less.&& ④You plan to spend a short time online, but then you spend several hours1.How does the writer describe the addicts’ use of Internet?A.It is something like keeping drugsB.It is like taking drugsC.It is a way of producing drugsD.It is terrible to imagine2.Why do people worry about the teens?A.The teens are wasting too much moneyB.They used to work on the InternetC.The playing field of the teens will disappearD.More and more of the teens will become addicted to the Internet3.The example in the passage shows that&&&&&A.some of the Internet users have already been seriously addictedB.Internet addicts usually stay in the computer lab without sleepC.Internet problems are more serious among college studentsD.the police often help to find those Internet addicts4.What is the writer trying to tell us at the end of the passage?A.Do things as you have plannedB.Go to family activities more oftenC.Don’t be addicted to the InternetD.Stay with your parents as often as possible
A fried of mine named Paul received an automobile from his brother as a Christmas present. On Christmas Eve when Paul came out of his office, a naughty street boy was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it. “Is this your car, Mister?” he asked.. Paul nodded, “My brother gave it to me for Christmas.” The boy was surprised. “You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn’t cost you anything? I wish…” He hesitated(犹豫). Of course Paul knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the boy said made Paul think all the way. “I wish ,” the boy went on, “that I could be a brother like that.” Paul looked at the boy in surprise, adding, “Would you like to take a ride in my automobile?” “Yes, I’d love that.” After a short ride, the boy turned and said, “Mister, would you mind driving in front of my house?” Paul smiled, He thought he knew what the boy wanted. But Paul was wrong again. “Will you stop where those two steps are?” the boy asked. He ran up the steps. Then in a while Paul heard him coming back, but he didn’t come fast. He was carrying his little crippled(伤残) brother. He pointed to the car and said, “There it is, Buddy, just like I told you up stairs. His brother gave it to him for Christmas. And some day I’m going to give one just like it and then you can see for yourself all the pretty things in the Christmas windows that I’ve been trying tell you about. ” Paul got out and lifted the boy to the front seat. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began a memorable holiday ride. That Christmas Eve, Paul learned what “It is more blessed to give” means1.The naughty street boy wished to _____________A.have a brother like Paul’sB.get a present from his brotherC.become a brother like Paul’sD.take a ride in his automobile2.When the boy asked for a ride home, Paul thought the boy wanted to ______________A.play a trick on himB.own a car like Paul’sC.pick up someone important to himD.show off by riding home in a car3.What did the boy want to show to his crippled brother?A.His prideB.His braveryC.His loveD.His generosity4.What would be the best title for text?A.A brother like thatB.A Christmas presentC.A boy’s crippled brotherD.An unforgettable Christmas5.(Originally created)& The last sentence “It is more blessed to give” in this story means following EXCEPT____A.It is better to help than to get helpedB.The more help you give to others, the happier you will feelC.To help other people is a way to make a person to become a true manD.To give away all your wealth, otherwise, you won’t be blessed by God
All around the world, shoppers flock to Wal-Mart to buy everything. In Texas, they come for another reason: to see the wind turbine(涡轮机), which supplies 5% of the store’s electricity. It along with other facilities, such as exterior walls coated with heat-reflective paint, makes this Wal-Mart a green giant.The laws of economics suggest that Wal-Mart, with 5, 200 stores worldwide, influences everything including the price of all kinds of goods. It throws its weight behind environmental responsibility, and the impact could be amazing. “One little change in product packaging could save 1, 500 trees,” says Wal-Mart CEO Lee Scott.“If everybody saves 1, 500 trees or 50 barrels of oil, at the end of the day you have made a huge difference.”Scott wants Wal-Mart to do its part too. He has promised to cut the existing greenhouse-gas emissions(排放)over the next few years and promised to construct new stores that are more efficient. He wants Wal-Mart’s fleet of more than 7, 000 trucks to get twice as many miles per gallon by 2015. Factories that show Wal-Mart they’re cutting air pollution will get preferential treatment in the supply chain. Wal-Mart says it’s working with consumer-product manufacturers to reduce their packaging and will reward them if they do so.Some people may doubt it is a bid to attract attention from Wal-Mart’s controversial labor and health-insurance practices. But it’s not just window dressing, because Wal-Mart sees profits in&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& going green. Scott says, “This is a business philosophy, not a social philosophy. We don’t go where we don’t think there’s a great interest in change.”Like Bill Gates, who started his charitable foundation, Scott happens to be promoting Wal-Mart’s image at a time when his company’s reputation is declining. He acknowledges that he launched the plan partly to shield (保护)Wal-Mart from bad press about its contribution to global warming. “By doing what we’re doing today, we avoid the headline risks that are going to come for people who did not do anything,” he says. “At some point businesses will be held responsible for the action they take.” Meanwhile, should Wal-Mart succeed at shrinking its environmental footprint and lowering prices for green products, both the planet and the company will profit1.We can infer from the passage that ______A.Lee Scott is Wal-Mart’s CEOB.there are 5, 200 stores in the worldC.Wal-Mart has a great influence on the world marketD.Wal-Mart has more than 7, 000 trucks all over the world2.What does the underlined sentence “This is a business philosophy, not a social philosophy.” mean in the fourth paragraph?A.Wal-Mart predicts huge profits in its green activityB.Wal-Mart’s green activity is just window dressingC.Wal-Mart aims to solve its health-insurance practicesD.Wal-Mart doesn’t have any social responsibility at all3.What will Wal-Mart probably do in the future?A.Reduce air pollution in its present storesB.Give favorable treatment to its consumersC.Ask the factories to reduce their packagingD.Demand the fleet of trucks to use more fuel than before4.What is the main idea of the last paragraph?A.Provide the background of the green planB.Stress the purpose of Wal-Mart’s green planC.Present the risk that Wal-Mart is facing nowadaysD.Analyze the similarity between Bill Gates and Scott

我要回帖

更多关于 how to foget someone 的文章

随机推荐