单词i put one penny awayaway take away move away get away

您现在的位置:&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
初中英语完形填空试题
(2014铜陵)完型填空
【时间: 18:51:27】
(2014铜陵)完型填空
【时间: 18:51:27】
(2014浙江模拟)完形填空 About 70,000,000 Americans are trying to lose weight. That is almost 1 out of every 3 people in the United States. Some people eat_36_food and they hardly have any fats or sweets. Others do running,exercise with machines, take medicines, or even have operations. _37_ you can see losing weight is _38_ work, and it will also cost a lot of money. But_39 do so many people in the United States want to lose weight? Many people in the United States worry about their look of the body. For many people, looking nice also means to be _40_ . Other people worry about their health as many doctors _41_ overweight is not good.Most people want to find an _42_ way to take off fat and books of this kind are very popular. These books tell people how to lose weight. Each year a lot of new books like these are 43_. Each one says it can easily help people take fat away.Losing weight can be _44_ . Some overweight people go to health centers, like La Costa in California. Men and women _45_ several hundred dollars a day at these health centers. People live there for one week or two, _46_ exercise, eating different foods. Meals there may be just a little. All these work for losing weight. _47_ 4 days on the program, one woman called Mrs. Warren lost 5 pounds (2.27kg) At $ 400 a day, she spent $ 320 to lose each pound. But she said she was still _48 to do so. Health centers, books, medicines, operations, running and exercise machines all _49_ a lot of money. So in the United States, losing weight may mean losing _50_ too.36.A.less&&&&&&& B.more&&&&&&& C.nice&&&&&&& D.fast37.A.For&&&&&&& B.So&&&&&&&&& C.Or&&&&&&&&& D.And38.A.good  && B.useful&&&&&& C.hard&&&&&&& D.easy39.A.why&&&&&&& B.what&&&&&&& C.how&&&&&&&& D.when40.A.high&&&&&& B.short&&&&&&& C.thin&&&&&&&& D.fat41.A.talk&&&&&&& B.say&&&&&&&& C.speak&&&&&&& D.tell42.A.dearer&&&&& B.harder&&&&& C.shorter&&&&&& D.easier43.A.taken&&&&&& B.given&&&&&& C.written&&&&&& D.copied44.A.cheap&&&&& B.expensive&&&& C.easy&&&&&&&& D.safe45.A.pay&&&&&&&& B.cost&&&&&&&& C.take& &&&&&&&D.have46.A.making&&&&& B.taking&&&&&& C.playing&&&&& D.using47.A.Before&&&&&& B.In&&&&&&&&&& C.After&&&&&& D.At48.A.sorry&&&&&&& B.angry&&&&&&& C.sad&&&&&&& D.glad49A.need&&&&&&& B.have&&&&&&&& C.use&&&&&&&& D.get50.A.health&&&&&& B.time&&&&&& &&C.food&&&&&&& D.money
【时间: 20:16:06】
(2014成都模拟)完型填空 Once, a king showed two men a large basket in the garden. He told them to fill it with water from a well. After they &&&&61&& &their work, he left them, saying, “when the sun is down, I will come and see yow work." At last one of them said, "What's the use of doing this foolish work? We can &&62& &fill the basket."&& 63&& &man answered," That is none of your business."The first man said. "You may do as you like, but I am not going to work at__64__ so foolish."He __65___his bucket and went away. The other man said no word, and kept on carrying _66_At last the well was almost __67__. As he poured the last bucket of water into the basket, he saw a bright thing in it. He picked it up. It was a beautiful gold ring. Just then the king came. &&68& &he saw the ring, he knew that he had found the kind of man he wanted. He told him to keep the ring for himself. "You __69__so well in this little thing, " he said," __70__now know I can believe you with many things." 61. A. finished &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. did&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. began &&&&&&&&&&& &62. A. ever&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. never&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. easily &&&&&&&&&&& 63. A. The other&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Another&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. One &&&&&&&&&&&&&& 64. A. anything &&&&&&&&&&&& B. something&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. nothing &&&&&&&& 65. A. threw away & &&&&&& B. put away &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. took away &&&&&&&&&&& &66. A. water &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. basket&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. well &&&&&&&&&&&&&& &67. A. full &&&&&&& &&&&&& B. empty&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. filled &&&&&&&&&&&& &68. A. While&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. As soon as &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. Since 69. A. have done &&& &&&&&& B. will do&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. are doing 70. A. what &&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. that&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. when
【时间: 19:55:14】
(2014成都模拟)完型填空
On my way home I knocked
into a stranger as he passed by.&Oh. I'm terribly sorry,& I said.
That's all right. P I wasn't even &&51& you.
I wish I didn't hurt you.&
We were very&& 52& &. We said good-bye and went on our way.
But at home we often &&53&& our
loved ones in a different way.
Later that day, while I was cooking the
evening meal, my daughter stood beside me very quietly.
When I turned, I nearly 54 &her down. & Move out of the way.& I
shouted. She walked away, tears in her eyes.
While I lay awake in bed, I realized how &&55 &I'd spoken. So I decided to get up to say
sorry to my daughter. On the way to her bedroom, to my surprise, I found some &&56 &by the door of the kitchen. At that time my
tears began to fall. I quietly went and got down on my knees by her &57 She woke up and put her arms around my
neck when I kissed her. Then I asked,& Did you pick these flowers for
She smiled,& I found them out by the
tree. I picked them &58 &they're pretty like you. I knew you'd like
them. I stood quietly in order to give you a surprise.'&'Oh dear, I'm
really sorry for the way I I shouldn't have shouted at you.&
“That's okay. Mom. I &59 &you
I suddenly realized what a clever way it is
to explain the word &60 &like this: ( F) ather (A) nd ( M) other, (
I) ( L) ove ( Y) ou !
51. A. noticing &&&&&&&&&&&&& B. helping &&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. calling
52. A. sad &&&&&&& &&&&&& B. angry&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. polite
53. A. Help &&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. Treat &&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.
54. A. put &&&&&&& &&&&&& B. took&&&&&&&& &&&&&& &&&&&& C.
55. A. sadly &&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. rudely &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.
56. A. books &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. clothes&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.
57. A. bed &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. desk&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C.
58. A. if &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. because &&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. though
59. A. love &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. need &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.
60. A. father &&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& B. mother &&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C.
【时间: 19:55:14】
(2014宁波模拟)完形填空 “Never give up!” It is my law(法则) of life. It has brought me __26__. I learned the law from my father's __27__ story. My father was __28__ in a poor village in the north of Jiangsu,in China. When he was a young boy,he went to school in the morning,then _29__ in the fields till sunset. And then he did his homework __30__ midnight. Life was hard,because they had no _31__! At the age of 14,my father heard of the United States of America. It was the land of gold,the land where __32__ people can become rich. “__33__ don't I go to America?” he thought to himself,full of hope. So,my father came to America. “I had thought it was easy to __34__ money in America,” he told me. “But when I arrived there,I realized it was not true. They did not like to hire(雇佣) me because I spoke __35__ English. Later,I worked in a small restaurant,cleaning up tables,__36__dishes and sweeping the floor. Life was __37__ for the first few years. I worked from 10 a. m. to 11 p. m. I wanted to go to school to learn English,but it was impossible. I couldn't __38__ the schooling(学费). ”My father __39__ working hard,and reached his goal. “Alan,” he often says to me. “If you want something,you have to work for it and never give up. Things do not come __40__ in life. ” That is what I learned from my father. (& )16. A. disaster&&& B. loss&&& C. success&&& D. pity(& )17. A. life&&&& B. fashion&& C. danger&&& D. history(& )18. A. famous&&& B. lucky&& C. rich&&&& D. born(& )19. A. taught&&& B. worked&& C. studied&&& D. slept(& )20. A. until&&& B. towards&& C. for&&&& D. during(& )21. A. experience&& B. energy&& C. time&&&& D. money(& )22. A. kind&&& B. poor&& C. strong&&& D. lazy(& )23. A. What&&& B. How&& C. Why&&& D. When(& )24. A. discover&&& B. make&& C. collect&&& D. spend(& )25. A. little&&& B. good&& C. much&&& D. excellent(& )26. A. giving&&& B. running&& C. washing&&& D. receiving(& )27. A. comfortable&& B. cheerful&& C. nice&&&& D. hard(& )28. A. borrow&&& B. need&& C. afford&&& D. pay(& )29. A. kept&& B. finished&& C. minded&&& D. stopped(& )35 A. really&& B. easily&& C. quietly&&& D. slowly
【时间: 19:53:30】
(2014杭州模拟)完形填空 It was the golden season. I could see the& 31& leaves falling with the cool wind. For others, it is a harvest season, while for me, it is a(n) 32& season. I was &&33& for the Postgraduate Entrance Examination. But so many unhappy things made me so tired, so I decided to have a walk along the Yanjiang Road in my university.“Autumn is a lonely season and life is uninteresting. The days in this season always get me 34 &&”, I thought when the sound of a guitar flowed into my ears, like a stream flowing from the mountains. A young girl, sitting on the lawn, was lost in playing her guitar. She was a beautiful girl,& 35&& when the wind blew her long hair. I had never seen her before. The music was so attractive that I listened quietly.Lost in the music, I did not &&36& &that I had been standing for so long. But my existence did not seem to disturb her. Leaves were still falling. Every day when I passed by the lawn, I would see her playing her guitar. She was the only& 37&& and I was the only audience. During the rest of the days in the season, life became&& 38& &and I could review the courses carefully. Autumn was& 39& over. One day, when I was listening devotedly, the sound suddenly stopped. To my surprise, the girl came over to me.“You &&40& &like the music,” she said.“Yes, you play very well. Why did you stop?” I asked.Suddenly, a &41& expression appeared on her face.“I came here just to have a rest because I &&42& &in the college entrance examination. I felt very disappointed. And it was your listening every day that&& 43&& me,” she said, “and I have to go tomorrow.”“In fact, it was your playing that gave me a&& 44& autumn and helped me believe that I have the ability to pass the Postgraduate Entrance Examination.” I answered, “I think it was God who gave us the &&45& &to know each other and we should be good friends.”She smiled and I smiled in that beautiful autumn..31. A. yellow&&& & &B. green&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& C. new&&&& &&&&&&& &&D. empty32. A. annoyed&&&&& B. annoying&&&&& C. bored&&&&&& & &&D. boring33. A. going&& &&&& &B. waiting&&&&&&&&&&& C. preparing &&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. caring34. A. across&& &&&& B. down&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. away&&&&& &&& &&D. out 35. A. mainly&&& &B. specially&&&&&&&&& C. mostly&&& &&&&& &&D. especially36. A. understand&& B. realize &&&&&&&&& &C. remember&&&&&& D. consider37. A. performer&&& B. artist&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. reporter&&&&&&&& D. volunteer 38. A. boring&&&&&&&& B. interesting&&& &&&&&& &C. sad&&&&&&&&&&&& D. dull39. A. nearly&&&& &B. hardly&&&& &&& &C. already&&&&&&&&&&& && D. just 40. A. may&&&& && &B. would&&&&&&&& C. can&&& &&&&&&&&& &&&D. must 41. A. excited&&&&& B. angry&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. sad&&&&&&&&&&&& D. worried42. A. failed&&&&&&&&& B. sent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. broke&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. took 43. A. moved&&&&& B. encouraged&&&&& C. wondered&&&&&&& D. saved 44. A. short&&&&&&& B. meaningful&&&& C. relaxing&&& &&&&&&&&&& D. successful 45. A. space&&&&&&& B. gift&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C .chance&&&&&&&& &&& D. luck
【时间: 19:51:14】
(2014东莞模拟)完形填空 && &Mary, a 22-year-old young woman, stands in the kitchen of the La Hotel in Manila, preparing to make a cake. It would seem to be natural for a cook, but Mary is not normal. She has no 46________& .Her disability (残疾), however, only slows (使慢....下来 her down while working. Using other parts of her body, Mary can cut grapes and strawberries into pieces and coat(包上) the sides of the cake with them. “When I first saw Mary, I was worried she might 47_________&& herself when using a knife, but that has never been a problem,” says the manager of the hotel. “She does not get 48_________&& treatment (待遇)and works just as hard as the rest of the cooks.Mary has come a long way since the day in September 2002 when she and her uncle were attacked (攻击) by two men.The 11-year-old girl passed out (晕倒) . After she came to her sense(直觉), she 49______her uncle dead and saw her arms broken. Later, the doctors did an operation . They saved her 50 ________ but could not save her hands.In 2006, with the help of the family, Mary went to live at the House with No Steps, a Manila rehabilitation (康复) and training centre for disabled people. She&& 51______&& how to write and do housework there. She believed she& 52 _____& live a normal life although she was disabled. She thought she had something important to do in life because she was still alive after the terrible attack. After she finished high school, she took a two-year Hotel and Restaurant Management 53_____&& because she had enjoyed cooking since she was a little girl.When Mary was reported on television, she didn’t hide away from the attention. “I wanted others living with disabilities to believe it’s&& 54______&& to live a normal life,” Mary says. “It is difficult to make a living, but I don’t lose 55 ______ . I believe nothing is impossible if you dream and work hard.46. A. arms &&B. hands &C. legs &D. feet47. A. hurt &&B. hit &&&C. Kill &D. touch48. A. enough &B. special &C. usual &&&&&D. common49. A. saved&& &B. found &&&C. heard&&& &D.knew50. A. life &&&&B. lives&&& C. arms &&&&&D.legs51. A. practiced &B. study &&C. reviewed &&D. learns52. A. would& &&B. could &&&&&C. Should&&&&& &D. might53. A. classes &B. lessons &&C. course &&&&D. subject54. A. exciting &B. excellent C. Simple&&& &D. possible55. A. direction &B. hope &&C. love &&&&&&D. life
【时间: 19:48:08】
(2014东莞模拟)完型填空 A boy lost his arms in an accident and his father lost his life . Since then , he had to__46__the arms of his younger brother. Except for writing with his toes(脚趾头),he could hardly do __47__in his life .As the two brothers grew up together, they had lots of ___48___ and they often argued(争吵). Then one day , his younger brother __49__ him. So he was very sad and didn’t know __50__ to do.A girl lost her hands because of a fire . Though her elder sister wanted to __51__ her , she decided to be completely independent(独立的). At school , she always study hard. Once she wrote the following in her composition, “I am__52__ . Though I lost my hands, I still have legs. Though my wings are broken, my heart can still fly.”One day, the boy and the girl were both invited__53__ a television interview program. They both were asked to write something on a piece of paper with their toes. The boy wrote “ My younger brother’s arms are my arms”___54___the girl wrote “Broken wings(翅膀), ___55___heart .”
【时间: 19:44:41】
(2014江苏模拟)完形填空 A few years ago, I worked a 12-hour night shift(夜班) and got home from work.I was on my way back home and was very tired. I &&16& &at a restaurant to have breakfast. Right after I placed my order, I saw a man come in. He was carrying a small backpack and looked like he had seen better times. He reached in his pocket and pulled out some &&17& . He asked the waitress if 38 cents was &&18&& &to buy a cup of coffee. She looked at his backpack and said, “& 19& . Have a seat.” (Coffee was 50 cents a cup at the time.) It really touched me how she had tried to protect his pride and how he hadn’t asked for any charity.Shortly before my &&20& &came, I asked the waitress to come over. I said, “You know, I am not feeling well. I don’t think I am going to be able to eat my breakfast. Do you think there is &&21&&& &here who might eat it?” She first asked if I was OK and then she &&22& . She said, “I think so. Are you sure?” I told her that I was sure.She then walked over to the gentleman and told him that I had ordered food and it was too &&23&& &to stop the order but I didn’t feel like eating. Would he be so kind as to take it &24&& &&they wouldn’t have to throw it away? I had walked to the cash register(收银台) and was &&paying for the meal. At the cash register, I asked if they had gift cards. They did. I bought one &&25& &$25.00 and asked them to give it to the gentleman after I left. 16. A. looked&&&&&& && B. stood& &&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. waited&&&&&&& &&&& D. stopped17. A. notes&&& &&&&& &&& B. tickets&&&&& &&&&&&&&&& C. change&&&&&&&&&& & D. paper18. A. enough&&&&&&& B. short& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. good&&&&&&&&&&& && D. able19. A. Not really&&&& & B. Never mind&&&& &&&& C. With pleasure&& &&&&& D. Of course20. A. menu&&&&&& &&&& B. food&& &&&&&&&&&&&&& C. coffee&&&&&&&&&&& D. bill21. A. anyone&&&&&& && B. everyone&&&&&&& &&& C. someone&&&&&&&&& D. no one22. A. accepted&& &&&&& B. refused&&&&& && &&&& C. understood&&&&&&& D. left23. A. early&&&&&& &&&&& B. late&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&& C. slow&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& D. quick24. A. because& &&&&&&&&&& B. if&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. so that&&&&&&&&&& & D. unless& 25. A. at&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. for&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&& C. with&&&&&&&&&& &&&& D. by
【时间: 20:44:21】
(2014江苏模拟)完型填空(共15小题,每小题1分,计15分)
Liberal (自由) education is designed not only teach and
learn knowledge, but also to develop a person’s
character. Its aim is to&& 16&& each student to think for himself and make
wise decisions. Now liberal education has a great&& 17&&
on the world.
Much work has been done to&& 18&& a
better way of teaching. In a liberal class, students are&& 19& to
have their own thoughts and own ideas when they have&& 20&&
which are often held in the form of group discussion. They are properly
guided to&& 21&& the knowledge learned. Punishment no longer
exists (存在).&
22&& and students are just like
The idea is of course a perfect one if it can really be carried out.
However, it&& 23&& exists in the imagination and will never be
realized. We must admit (承认)
that&& 24&& should at least be guided properly. Just
close your eyes and think how many students will&& 25&&
the duties of a student if they are not pushed.&& 26& is
the use of advice only if it is not supported by a reasonable&& 27&&
of& control and punishment?
It is&& 28&& for us to judge the success and failure of
the kind of education now, but&& 29&& the bad behavior of children, which is
really the&& 30&& of liberal education, we can see that
something must be done to help these children.
)16. A. teach& &&&&B.
order& &C. learn&
)17. A. organization B. figure& C.
effect& &D. fact
)18. A. hold& &&&&&B. find&
&C. make& &&D.
)19. A. encouraged &B. told& &C.
used& &&D. driven
)20. A. shopping &&B. lunch& C. sports&
&&D. lessons
)21. A. remember &B. use& &&C.
review& &&D. act
)22. A. Enemies& &B. Fathers &C. Teachers &D. Classmates
)23. A. also& &&&B. only&
&&&C. even& &&D.
)24. A. children& B. families &C. adults&
&D. schools
)25. A. arrange& &B. make&
&C. perform &D. return
)26. A. Why& &&&B. When&
&C. What& &&D.
)27. A. degree& &&B. rest&
&&C. person& &D.
)28. A. easy& &&&&B. possible C. hard& &&D.
)29. A. with& &&&&B. against&
C. about& &D. from
)30. A. progress &&B. goal& &&C.
result& &D. purpose
【时间: 20:36:05】
(2014泰州)完形填空(阅读短文,从每题所给选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项)(每小题l分,共15分) Dad lost his job after arguing with the boss, and when Christmas came that year, we had no money   41   . On Christmas Eve, Dad took me out into the park. I had a blanket wrapped around me, so I   42   to share it with Dad, but he said no thanks. We   43   at the sky. Those shining stars were one of the   44   treats for people like us who lived out in the wildness. Rich city people, he’d say, live in   45   flats, but their air was so polluted that they   46   not even see the stars.“   47   your favorite star.” Dad said that night. He told me I could have it for keeping. He said it was my Christmas   48   . “You can’t give me a star,” I said, “   49   owns the stars.”“That’s right,” Dad said, “But you can suppose it is yours. And when you do that, it is yours.”I   50   my head, looked at the stars, and tried to figure out which was the best one. Then, I found one.“I want that one.” I said.Dad smiled. “That’s Venus(金星),” he said, “Venus was only a planet. She looked bigger and brighter because she was much   51   than the stars. Poor old Venus didn’t even make her   52   light. She shone only from reflected(反射)light.”“I like it anyway,” I said, “I had loved Venus even   53   that Christmas. You could see it in the early evening, and if you got up early, you could still see it in the morning, after all the stars had disappeared.”Dad said, “Ok, it’s Christmas. I   54   your decision. You can have it if you want.” And he gave me Venus.We all laughed about the kids who believed in the Santa myth(圣诞传说)and got nothing for Christmas but a bunch of cheap plastic toys. “Many years later, when all the junk they got is broken and long forgotten,” Dad said, “you will   55   have your star.41. A. at first                   B. at once                     C. at all                        D. at least42. A. asked                            B. provided                  C. required                   D. offered43. A. looked up           B. looked for            C. look out                  D. look after44. A. strange                   B. special                            C. important                 D. impossible45. A. fantastic                 B. ugly                         C. old                          D. poor46. A. needed                   B. could                       C. should                      D. had better47. A. pick up                  B. take out                    C. put out                            D. pick out48. A. dinner                  B. card                      C. party                     D. present49. A. Everybody         B. Somebody              C. Anybody              D. Nobody50. A. lowed                    B. put                          C. raised                       D. rose    51. A. slower                  B. farther                            C. closer                       D. higher 52. A. alone                            B. lonely                      C. strong                      D. own53. A. when                     B. before                      C. after                        D. until54. A. dislike                  B. refuse                    C. accept                     D. consider55. A. even                    B. never                     C. already                  D. still
【时间: 20:38:45】
(2014昆山)B)完形填空Fears are something we all have. You need to face your fears and to get over them. However, it's easier& 16& &than done. Running away from your fears doesn't make them leave. It just makes them&& 17&& than ever. We're never going to be& 18& fearless of everything we do, but we can at least be more fearless and &&19 &&.Before you can face fears, you need to learn more about it&& 20&& makes you fearful, communicating your fear one way. Other people may be able to&& 21&& your anxiety(焦虑)because they know something you don't. It could be from a past&& 22& ,something that you could never forget and has made you Fearful &&23 &&then.To face fears, you have to &&24&& in something. It's a very healthy way of letting you feel as if nothing can go&& 25 &&.When you feel that way, you will be able to believe that everything will be okay.16.A. called&&& &&& B. acted&&& && C. dreamed& D. said17.A. louder&&& && B. sillier&& &&& C. brighter&& &&&&&& D. bigger18.A. similarly& && B. specially && C. completely D. strongly19.A.honest&&& &&& B. confident & C. patient&&& &&&&&& D. energetic20. A. who&&& &&&& B. why&&& &&& C. where&&& D. what21.A.remind&&& && B. realize&&& C. represent & D. receive22.A.season&&& &&& B. expression& C. subject&& & D. experience23,A.before&& &&&& B. since&&& && C. after&&& && D. until24.A.believe&&& && B. suggest& && C. dream&&& D. succeed25.A.wrong&&& &&& B. guilty&&& & C. direct&&& & D. correct
【时间: 20:33:48】
(2013莆田)完形填空 The situation seemed hopeless. From the first day he entered my classroom,Willard lived in his own word,shutting out his classmates and me,his &&&43&& .Willard seemed to have no need to break his silence. After the Thanksgiving holidays,we&& 44&& &news of the Christmas collection of money for the poor people in our school. “Christmas is a season of &&&45&& &.”I told my student,“By contributing to our Christmas cohesion,we will help the people in need.We will start the collection tomorrow.” when I&& 46&& the contributions the next day,I discovered that almost everyone had forgotten except Willard.Carefully,he &&&47&& two quarters(二十五美分硬币)into the small collection box. “I don’t need any milk for lunch.”he said.&&& 48&&& a moment,just a moment,he smiled. That night,after school,I couldn’t help &&&49&& &my experience with the headmaster. “I may be wrong,&&& 50&&& I believe Willard might be getting ready to become a part of the world around him.”I told the headmaster. “Yes,I believe it sounds&&& 51&&& .”he nodded,“I have just received a list of the poor families in our school who& &&&52&& &need help through the Christmas collection.Here,take a look at it.’’ As I gazed(凝视)down to read,I discovered Willard and his family were the top names on the list. (&&& )43.A.brother&&& &&& B.teacher&&& & C.headmaster&&& && D.cousin(&&& )44.A.left&&& &&&&&& B.took&&& &&&& C.received&& & &&& D.found(&&& )45.A.playing&&& &&& B.buying&&& && C.giving&&& &&&&&& D.chatting(&&& )46.A.called back&&& B.called for&& C.called at&&& &&& D.called up(&&& )47.A.dropped&&& &&& B.got&&& &&&&& C.went&&& &&&&&&&& D.changed(&&& )48.A.At&&& &&&&&&&& B.of&&& &&&&&& C.In&&&& &&&&&&&&& D.For(&&& )49.A.taking&&& &&&& B.having&&& && C.sharing&&& &&&&& D.getting(&&& )50.A.but&&& &&&&&&& B.since&&& &&& C.or &&&&&&&&&&&&& D.however(&&& )51.A.helpful&&& &&& B.hopeful&&& & C.hopeless &&&&&&& D.helpless(&&& )52.A.seldom&&& &&&& B.never&&& &&& C.more &&&&&&&&&&& D.most
【时间: 19:14:54】
(2013福州)完形填空
&&&& Lillian Hanson, a college student, expects
to graduate in about two years. What makes Mrs. Hanson different from her classmates
is her &&&46& &&--73 years old.& She has been studying at college, a few
courses at a time, for 27 years.
When Lillian Hanson graduated from high
school, she went to the& &&47& &&to
borrow money for further education. The banker gave her &&48& &&encouragement. He didn't think that a country
girl should borrow money to go to college. He thought she should be &&&49&& &doing housework or should work on the farm. &&&&50& &&Lillian Hanson went home and raised a family
of nine children instead of going to college.
Mrs. Hanson &&&51& &&forgot the dream of getting higher education.
When the children
up, she& &&52& &&again and succeeded. In the class on her
first day, when she introduced herself and& &&53&& &why she was there and what her aims were, all
the other students &&54& &give her a warm welcome.
Mrs. Hanson finds that the &&55& &&part of going back to school at her age is
sitting in class long periods of time. However, she often says she will stick
to her dream no matter how difficult it is.
age&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& && B. interest&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. accent
club&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B. school&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. bank
much&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B. no&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. a little
at college&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. at home&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.
in the office
After&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B. But&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. So
never&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B. already&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&& C. often
stopped&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& B. tried&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.
regretted&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&& B. guessed&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C. explained
stood up&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&& B. ran away&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&& C.
best&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& & B. hardest&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. easiest
【时间: 19:09:31】
(2013福州)综合填空(每小题1分。共10分)
interest& visit& we&
daytime& at& smile&
quick& ticket& save
The London Eye is a tourist attraction in London,
There you can get into a capsule(密封舱) to enjoy a great view of the city of
I 86____________ the London Eye last summer with a friend. My
friend didn't know where we were going. I just told him we would go somewhere
very special. As we arrived 87__________ Waterloo Station, he had worked out
where we were going. He 88____________ happily. When we reached the London Eye,
there was a very long waiting line, so in order to 89&&&&&&& time, he stayed in the line while I
went to buy the 90____________.
The capsule doesn't completely stop when
people get on, so you have to get into it 91 ____________. Then the door of the
capsule shuts. The view was wonderful. We took many photos of the view and of 92___________ . It took about half an
hour for the capsule to go around
If you are 93_______________ in going
there, I'd like to give you some advice. To enjoy the view, go in the
94___________. There are night rides, but you won't see a lot. Sometimes the
top of the wheel can be quite cool even 95_________ it's sunny. So ladies,
don't forget to take a scarf.
A. We've known each other
were kids.
B. Where is she from?
C. You mean the girl reading a
D. What does she look like?
E. Could you introduce me to
F. She is always ready to help
G. Then let's talk to her when
she stops reading.
(2013福州)用方框中所给单词的适当形式填空。(每小题1分,共5分)
twelve& cost& south&
Green lives on the __________ floor of the building.
After exercising for a few months, she is a little &&&&&&&&&&than before.
much does it &&&&&&&&&&to fly to Shanghai
from Fuzhou?
Many foreigners are surprised at the rapid _______________ of China.
rained heavily in the &&&&&&&&&&of Fujian
Province last week.
ii.根据中文提示,用词组的适当形式填空,每空一词。(每小题1分,共5分)
It's bad behavior to spit ___________ ____________ (当众).
Grandma usually ___________ __________ (醒来)early in the morning.
parents are ___________ __________ (对严格要求) him.
Remember to ___________ __________ (关掉)the tap when you are not using it.
85.& ___________ __________ (刚才), my teacher told me to pay
attention to my handwriting.
(2014杭州)完形填空(共15小题,计15分) 【时间: 18:55:29】
(2014年杭州市)、完形填空(共15小题,计15分)
【时间: 20:45:56】
(2014宁波市)、完形填空(每小题1分,共15分) 根据短文内容,从各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中选出最佳选项。 “Never give up!” It is my law(法则) of life. It has brought me __26__. I learned the law from my father's __27__ story. My father was __28__ in a poor village in the north of Jiangsu,in China. When he was a young boy,he went to school in the morning,then _29__ in the fields till sunset. And then he did his homework __30__ midnight. Life was hard,because they had no _31__! At the age of 14,my father heard of the United States of America. It was the land of gold,the land where __32__ people can become rich. “__33__ don't I go to America?” he thought to himself,full of hope. So,my father came to America. “I had thought it was easy to __34__ money in America,” he told me. “But when I arrived there,I realized it was not true. They did not like to hire(雇佣) me because I spoke __35__ English. Later,I worked in a small restaurant,cleaning up tables,__36__dishes and sweeping the floor. Life was __37__ for the first few years. I worked from 10 a. m. to 11 p. m. I wanted to go to school to learn English,but it was impossible. I couldn't __38__ the schooling(学费). ”My father __39__ working hard,and reached his goal. “Alan,” he often says to me. “If you want something,you have to work for it and never give up. Things do not come __40__ in life. ” That is what I learned from my father. ( )16. A. disaster B. loss C. success D. pity( )17. A. life B. fashion C. danger D. history( )18. A. famous B. lucky C. rich D. born( )19. A. taught B. worked C. studied D. slept( )20. A. until B. towards C. for D. during( )21. A. experience B. energy C. time D. money( )22. A. kind B. poor C. strong D. lazy( )23. A. What B. How C. Why D. When( )24. A. discover B. make C. collect D. spend( )25. A. little B. good C. much D. excellent( )26. A. giving B. running C. washing D. receiving( )27. A. comfortable B. cheerful C. nice D. hard( )28. A. borrow B. need C. afford D. pay( )29. A. kept B. finished C. minded D. stopped( )35 A. really B. easily C. quietly D. slowly
【时间: 20:39:59】
Copyright ? 2011- Inc. All Rights Reserved. 17教育网站 版权所有 备案号:
站长:朱建新

我要回帖

更多关于 put away是什么意思 的文章

随机推荐