if you want to be a policeman.youif i should see yoube very

> 【答案带解析】语法填空 If you want to be successful in cha...
语法填空If you want to be successful in changing your habits, you should think about changing your inner beliefs about your habits. For example, your old belief was: “I love cigarette because
makes me feel good and 2.
(relax). I need cigarette to be happy and relaxed.” If you keep this belief, you won’t be able to keep your resolution 3.
(stop) smoking for very long. Instead, you should adopt this new belief: “I love yoga because it makes me feel good and relaxed. Cigarette is toxic 4.
destroys my body. Yoga makes me happy.” You should analyze your beliefs and make sure they won’t stop you 5.
changing your habits. The 6.
is true when you try to form positive habits. If you want to start eating healthy food, here are some positive beliefs you should start thinking about: “Healthy food is very good for my health. It gives me a lot of energy and I feel very good.”Everybody can change. All it takes is courage and 7.
(commit). Decide right now!
Improve your life by 8.______ (change) your habits. Take action right now! Don’t be afraid. Yes, you will9.______ (probable) make mistakes along the way. But never forget success is guaranteed for you if you have positive habits in your life. If you refuse to quit, success 10. (be) yours. 
7.commitment
8.changing
9.probably
10.will be
试题分析:个人习惯是非常难以改变的,如果我们想要改变自己的习惯,首先我们要改变我们内心深处对习惯的看法。
1.it 考查代词。此处it代...
考点分析:
考点1:语法填空
相关试题推荐
完形填空Half a year before graduation from college, my son began to seek a job.
_________ the financial crisis(危机), fewer companies would like to _________
new staff. My son targeted a company that was_________to hire only one person _________ there were more than twenty people filling their resumes (简历).After the interview, there would only be 3 who could enter the final round, which would later
_________ one person to be employed. Everything seemed to go quite
_________ and my son passed the first round and entered the final round in a week.On the day of the final interview, my son and other two
_________ arrived at the interview place on time, _________ the test. Unexpectedly, the interview was unbelievably
_________ . The interviewer only said to them, “All of you are very super. Please go home and wait for our_________. “We will tell you the _________in 3 days. Good luck to all of you!” On the morning of the third day, my son received a text from the company shortly after breakfast that he was not employed. We all felt very _________ .In nightfall that day, my son suddenly told me
_________ on the phone, “Dad, I have been employed!” Greatly surprised, I could not wait to ask him, “What’s the whole _________
?” My son told me that he received another text saying that he was employed. Actually the first text sent to my son was also _________
of the test in the interview. Three men received the same text this morning and only my son’s
_________ was “Thank you” while the others said “Goodbye”.Only then did I know that my son’s “hope”
_________in that way. That is, when you feel disappointed, do not _________to say “thank you” to the one who disappoints you. Saying “thank you” shows respect for others’ work and shows your grand _________ . Therefore, while under the same condition, you will get the upper hand in terms of_________ compared with others!1.A. As to
C. Instead of
D. Contrary to2.A. promote
D. discover3.A. encouraged
B. allowed
C. supposed
D. intended4.A. while
D. if5.A. meet
B. attract
D. represent6.A. lowly
B. smoothly
C. secretly
D. silently7.A. members
B. students
C. friends
D. candidates8.A. waiting for
B. watching over C. thinking about D. looking into9.A. formal
D. strange10.A. information B. notice
D. return11.A. result
D.idea12.A. annoyed
B. puzzled
C. disappointed
D. shocked13.A. doubtfully
B. excitedly
D. worriedly14.A. matter
C. conclusion
D. interview15.A. middle
D. course16.A. way
C. problem
D. question17.A. changed
D. developed18.A. expect
C. dislike
D. regret19.A. generosity
B. curiosity
C. dignity
D. personality20.A. abilities
B. strengths
C. challenges
D. opportunities 
根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项,选项中有两项为多余选项。Does this situation seem familiar to you? Your English is progressing well, the grammar is now familiar, the reading comprehension is no problem, and you are speaking quite fluently.
.First of all, remember that you are not alone. Listening is probably the most difficult job for almost all learners of English as a foreign language. The most important thing is to listen as often as possible. 2.
. The Internet is really a useful tool for English students. You can download The RealPlayer from RealMedia.com. The RealPlayer allows you to use the Internet like a radio station.Once you have begun to listen on a regular basis, you might still be frustrated by limited understanding. 3.
.Here is some of the advice I give my students:●Accept the fact that you are not going to understand everything.●Stay relaxed when you do not understand, and try listening to the material for more times.● Do not translate everything into your native language.●4.
. Don’t concentrate on details before you have understood the main ideas.● Listen to something you enjoy.I remember the problems I had in understanding spoken German when I first went to Germany. In the beginning, when I didn’t understand a word, I insisted on translating it in my mind. This method usually resulted in confusion. 5.
. Firstly, translating creates a barrier between the listener and the speaker. Secondly, most people repeat themselves constantly. By remaining calm, I noticed that even if I did not pay much attention I could usually understand what the speaker had said.A. What should you do?B. Listen for the general idea of the conversation.C. But you can’t follow a native English speaker at all!D. But listening is a problem for most of the beginners!E. So, what you need to do is to find listening resources.F. However, after several weeks, I got used to the new environment in Germany.G.Then, after the first six months, I discovered two extremely important facts 
Mosquitoes have an extraordinary ability to target humans far away and fly straight to their unprotected skin. Regrettably, mosquitoes can do more than cause an itchy(发痒的)wound. Some mosquitoes spread several serious diseases,including Dengue,yellow fever and malaria.Over one million people worldwide die from these diseases each year. New research now shows how mosquitoes choose who to bite.Mosquitoes need blood to survive. They are attracted to human skin and breath. They smell the carbon dioxide gas, which all mammals breathe out. This gas is the main way for mosquitoes to know that a warm-blooded creature is nearby.But mosquitoes also use their eyes and sense of touch. Michael Dickinson is a professor at the California Institute of Technology. His research shows how these small insects, with even smaller brains,use three senses to find a blood meal.Michael Dickinson’s team used plumes—a material that rises into the air of carbon dioxide gas into a wind tunnel. They then used cameras to record the mosquitoes. The insects followed the plume.Then, the scientists placed dark objects on the lighter colored floor and walls of the tunnel. Mr. Dickinson said, at first, the mosquitoes showed no interest in the objects at all. “What was quite striking and quite surprising is that the mosquitoes fly back and forth for hours. These are hungry females and they completely ignore the objects on the floor and wall of the tunnel. But the moment they get a hit of CO2, they change their behavior quite obviously and now would become attracted to these little visual blobs (斑点).”This suggested to the researchers that a mosquito’s sense of smell is more important in the search for food. Once mosquitoes catch a smell of a human or animal,they also follow visual signals.1.What do mosquitoes mainly use to find their targets?A. Sense of smell
B. Sense of touchC. Sense of sight
D. Smart brains2.The first response of the mosquitoes to the objects in the experiment is _______.A. to fly to the dark onesB. to catch and stick to themC. to take no notice of themD. to attach themselves to them3.How can we avoid being attacked by mosquitoes according to the text?A. Don’t let them see us.B. Use dark objects to stop them.C. Make them fly back and forth for hours.D. Attract them to objects full of carbon dioxide gas.4.What can be the best title for the text?A. How Do Mosquitoes Survive?B. Why Do Mosquitoes Need Blood?C. How Do Mosquitoes Choose to Bite You?D. Why Do Mosquitoes Attack the Human Being? 
China DailyClassified PageAdvertising RatesPublished every Wednesday and Friday.Minimum(smallest)Size: 1 col ×3 cmPersonal: RMB 100 yuan/cm-Engagements, Marriage, Births, Deaths, Obituaries, Funerals, Birthday greetings, Holiday greetings, AnniversariesShopping Guide: RMB 100 yuan/cm-Department store and supermarket shops onlyEducation: RMB 100 yuan/cm-Vocational training or courses for foreigners offered by universities and collegesServices: RMB 120 yuan/cm-Computer service, Business centers, Interior decoration, Cars for lease, Used cars wanted/for sale, Business offices wanted, Travel, Restaurants and entertainmentRecruitment: RMB 140 yuan/cmProperty, Trade and Investment: RMB 170 yuan/cm-Merchandise wanted/for sale, business/capital solicitedLegal & General Notices: RMB 170 yuan/cm-General and legal announcements, Auctions, Lost & Found, Changes of addressSurcharges: 30 col × cm plus 20%, Half page 40%, Full page 50%All art or production fees(charges)carry a surcharge1.China Daily reserves the right to make any alterations (修改)it seems necessary and to reject advertisement which violates(breaks)the Advertisement Law of the People’s Republic of China or contains fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading statements or illustrations (例证).2.Advertisers who wish to insert an ad should submit (put forward)an Advertising Order Form with all advertisement information and any necessary documents(证件)10 days before the date of publication. After this deadline, additional charges will be incurred (brought upon oneself).Tel : (86 - 10)924488 ext. 2117Fax: (86 - 10)E- mail: cads @ chinadaily. com. cn1.Which of the following advertising rates is the lowest?A. Services
B. Legal & General noticesC. Education
D. Recruitment2.If someone wants to advertise his trade goods in the newspaper, the least fee he’ll pay is RMB ___ Yuan.A. 140
B. 170C. 360
D. 5103.Which of the following statement is right?A. The smaller the size is, the lower the advertising rate is.B. The larger the size is, the lower the advertising rate is.C. The size has nothing to do with the advertising rate.D. The advertising fee is decided only by the size.4.China Daily refuses to accept the advertising that ________.A. contains any illustrationsB. is put in after the deadlineC. contains anything falseD. is too long 
Baths and bathing have long been considered of medical importance to man. In Greece there are the ruins of a bathtub and water system built over 3, 000 years ago. The Romans had warm public baths. In some as many as 3, 000 persons could bathe at the same time.Treating disease by bathing has been popular for centuries. Modern medical bathing or hydrotherapy, first became popular in Europe and by the late 1700’s has also become popular in the United States.For many years frequent bathing was believed to be bad for one’s health. Ordinary bathing just to keep clean was avoided and perfume(香水)was often used to cover up body smells!By the 1770’s doctors began to say that soap and water were good for health. They believed that it was good for people to be cleaned. Slowly people began to bathe more frequently. During the Victorian Age of the late 19th century, taking a bath on Saturday night became common.In the United States ordinary bathing was slow to become popular. During the 18th and early 19th centuries, many Americans were known as “The Great Unwashed!” In one American city, for example, a person could only take a bath every thirty days! That was a law!Frequency of bathing today is partly a matter of habit. People know that bathing for cleanness is important to health. Doctors know that dirty bodies increase the chance of diseases. Consequently, in the United States, people generally bathe often. Some people bathe once a day at least. They consider a daily bath essential to good health.1.In Greece ________ .A. there were some public baths large enough to hold 3, 000 persons.B. people used to treat disease by bathingC. people began to bathe thousands of years agoD. people didn’t like frequent bathing2.The Americans used to be known as “The Great Unwashed” because ________.A. the modem medical bathing first became popular in the U. S.B. they didn’t bath frequentlyC. the Americans were very clean.D. soap was first produced in the U. S.3.In the 18th century doctors believed that being clean was _______ .A. unimportant
B. good for healthC. harmful
D. popular4.During the Victorian Age,________.A. the Americans ever took a bath every thirty daysB. frequent bathing was avoidedC. people used perfume to cover up body smells after bathingD. the British people generally took a bath once a week. 
题型:语法填空
难度:中等
Copyright @
满分5 学习网 ManFen5.COM. All Rights Reserved.Access denied | ryanholiday.net used Cloudflare to restrict access
Please enable cookies.
What happened?
The owner of this website (ryanholiday.net) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (3d7acd18-ua98).Why Do You Want To Be a Police Officer Free Essays
WHY I WANT TO BE A POLICE OFFICER
Why I Want To Be a Police Officer
Career Choices in Criminal Justice
Dr. Darwin L. Driggers, Ybor Campus
October 11, 2011
Why I Want To Be a Police Officer
For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a police officer. I’m sure, as a little boy, what first caught my attention were the flashing lights and sirens on the police cars. It could have also been then the facts that police officer were permitted to carry a gun and had the ability to run...
set our minds to be who we want to be, but later in the future that sometimes change. When I was little I really wanted to be a teacher because I thought it was fun for teachers to pass out and grade papers. I never really took the time out to research and find out what a teachers job was about, but then I looked it up and realize that I was just joking to myself. Going on into middle and high school I was still confused on what I wanted to be, until I went down to a police academy and seen what was...
A police officer's duty is to maintain public order, preventing, and detecting crime.
The concept of police officers, also known as cops, and law enforcement has been around ever since the ancient Romans had a theory that an organization of &peacekeepers& would reduce the crime and violence being committed.
This theory stuck with society and is still around today.
People of law enforcement have a mission when they step into their police car, that mission is to enforce the rules of conduct or law...
POLICE OFFICERS SHOULD NOT CARRY GUNS
There are a lot of arguments all around the world in this subject. Politicians, teachers, sociologists and psychologists declare their ideas and also they write some essays about if the poli?e officers should carry a gun or not. Many people suppose that police officers should carry their guns.
Nowadays more and more crimes are being committed and police officers protect us from criminal behaviour. I will discuss whether police officers should be allowed to carry guns...
‘Arming’ Police Officers
After the recent murders of two unarmed police officers in Greater Manchester, the question has been raised that ‘should police officers be armed’? Fiona Bone and her colleague Nicola Hughes died after going out on a routine patrol to check a reported burglary. It appeared that they were lured to the address for a deliberate attack. The question of ‘would they have survived if they had been armed’ remains unknown but many people have their opinion which I will be discussing...
Police Officer
Done By : Mohammed Fareed Al Hadaad
Class : 3 T 4
Done By : Mohammed Fareed Al Hadaad
Class : 3 T 4
Police Officer: Career
Would you like to uphold the law and protect citizens and property as a police officer? With education and training, you may become qualified to go on patrol, respond to reports of crime and even stop crimes in progress. Read on for details on the occupation, outlook and educational requirements of police officers.
Problems Police Officers Face
Cierra Stewart
Everest University Online
Introduction to Criminal Justice
James Loughlin
May 22nd, 2013
Today being a police officer is more than just chasing a bad guy on a high speed chase or making an arrest. Many police officers deal with job stress which causes things to go wrong in their personal life. Many departments have come to terms with this and now offer help to those who need it. Officers and departments are also dealing with corruption...
knew being an officer was for me. To me, being an officer in the U.S. Army is a career unlike any other. There are many opportunities as an officer in the Army to advance, further education, and grow as a person. The army allows you to switch your MOS and attend more training to further education or to change careers completely which is something that really appeals to me. An officer is the army is looked up to and highly regarded, but it doesn’t come easy. To become an Army officer, it takes time...
Becoming a Police Officer for Glynn County
Harley Byrd
Everest University
Becoming a Police Officer for Glynn County
Although being a police officer can be stressful, it can also be highly rewarding if public service is important to you. (Kara, 1999) When becoming a Police Officer, you are making a commitment to protect your community even if it means giving your life to do it. Despite what some people may think every police officer does their...
Police officers play a very important part in society today.
They patrol the streets of your town to make the people of that town as safe as possible.
Without them there would be a lot of crime going on.
They make everything safer because that is their job and
that is what there trained to do. To become a police officer today
you need to have to complete a certain amount of tasks.
First, you have to be a United States citizen.
Next, he or she must have to have graduated high school...
juvenile, Officer Mark Smith was a victim of a few crimes.
When the police were handling the crimes, Officer Smith thought that they could have handled things better.
It was then that he decided that he might want to become a police officer, so he could be a better officer then the ones that he had to deal with.
As Officer Smith got older and started really looking into what he wanted to do with his life he weighed his options and realized all the benefits of becoming a police officer.
There is...
Do Police Officers need a college Education
Do Police officers need a college education? This question is one which has grabbed the attention of many. It has been a question tossed around from the offices of our US government to the homes of US citizens.
Does having a college education make for a better police officer?
If so what level of education should be required.
Should a police officer’s salary be based on their level of education?
If a certain level of education is required for a police...
Crying Wolf: How Everything Is Police Brutality
When you were a child, you most likely have read the story “The boy who cried wolf”.
What this story taught you was that it isn’t a joke to go run and tell people something happened when it didn’t because eventually people will stop listening.
So why is it almost every time a police officer takes someone to the ground they cry “police brutality”?
Police officers are here to maintain order, protect citizens and safe guard property.
RE: Police Qualifications
I chose to do my report on one bigger city in Wisconsin. The city of the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD) has various mental and physical exams that are required in the hiring process of becoming a police officer.
I know that there are bigger police departments out there, but seeing that I found out so much information just on one city that I didn’t feel the need to compare MPD with another PD.
The minimum requirements to be on the MPD are first you must be...
problems. One that interests me and I feel is of major concern happens to be alcohol abuse in police officers.
Alcoholism itself is a major social problem, but when mixed with policing it may be more dangerous than we think. It all starts with the feeling of being stressed out on the job. Police feel that they have too much to deal with on the job, which I feel is true. In the field of law enforcement, officers tend to get involved in some intense situations and see some horrific tragedies. After work...
duties and responsibilities of a police officer. Their main duty and responsibility is to enforce the law and make sure that we live in a safe environment. There is lots of variety in this job. No two days will be the same for a police officer. One day they might be doing traffic tickets anther day they might have to break up a bar fight or be involved in a high speed chase. Police Officers are always working with different people in different situations. This is why there is so much variety. cops...
Dilemma of a Police Officer
Professions are guided by codes of ethics to aid them in performance of their duties and to ensure maintenance of high standards of conduct. Police officers are faced with a maze of obligations in the performance of their official duties. The “Law Enforcement Code of Ethics” and “Canons of Police Ethics” were created to make explicit the conduct considered appropriate for police officers and to guide them in the performance of their duties.
Although police have these guides...
help you answer the questions:
Do you think that there is a trend in this country towards stopping litigation against law enforcement officials?
For this question, you should analyze the two cases and come to a conclusion about their effects on future litigation.
What specific passages cause you to have this opinion?
You may also conduct research and look for trends.
Have there been more or fewer lawsuits since the cases?
Do you agree with the decisions in these cases? Why or why not? Do...
WHAT FIELD OF STUDY WILL YOU PURSUE AND WHY HAVE YOU CHOSEN THIS AREA AND CAREER PATH?
The world today is faced with enormous energy challenges in all ramifications. The ability to proffer solutions to these problems makes us a veritable tool in the society and it depends solely on the amount of information we have per time.
Since childhood, the studies of science and basic engineering have interested me profoundly.
I had passion for repairing simple devices, knowing their content and how...
Running head: WHY DO I WANT AN MBA?
Why Do I Want An MBA? Sandra R. Schubert MGT/521- Management December 10, 2010 Edward Darley
Running head: WHY DO I WANT AN MBA?
Why Do I Want An MBA? A Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) degree not only opens many doors of opportunity for the possessor of the degree, it also increases one’s potential for earning higher salaries and developing a better career path. Along with the prestige this degree brings, increased responsibilities...
“What Do You Want To Be When You Grow Up?”
We are usually asked this question very early in life: “What do you want to be when you grow up?” It’s one of the biggest questions asked of children, from toddlers to teenagers. It’s always asked to help encourage kids to think of their future. After all, how many children really know what they want to do with the rest of their lives? Oh yeah, there are those lucky few who have a special calling. Many kids will say they want to be a police officer, firefighter...
Police brutality, where does it happen, why does it happen and how does it happen?
Well these are some of the questions you can ask yourself.
Most of the time police officers are trying to enforce the laws of the land. But we typically have those who do not want to follow the rules and therefore police are forced with using excessive force in some of their situations. But the use of force can be questioned in many ways. The 4th Amendment forbids “unreasonable search and seizures”, with a “seizure”...
blue lights in a police stop was taking place behind her. Sarah continued down the speed-bumped road only to find several police Stop Sticks were deployed in her lane of travel.
When she saw only one police car and no police officer, fear struck her. Less than 30 seconds later she was dead. She was hit from behind by a car that was traveling over 70 MPH. Worse yet, the car that struck her was driven by a by a 17 year old male who didn't want to pull over because he took his parents...
Police Officers use of Taser Guns
Police Officers are faced with many obstacles throughout his or her career. A lot of research has been done regarding the work police officers do.
Often time’s officers are faced with making decisions very quickly, without being able to think about his or her options. Most police officers carry a weapon, handcuffs, a baton, a flashlight, a knife, and a taser gun. A taser gun is a weapon that sends electrical currents through the body and causes the body...
Composition 1
19 March 2012
Police Underappreciated
It’s widely recognized that law enforcement officers possess a demanding and dangerous job. Day in and day out they deal with criminals and the sometimes stressful public. Many see law enforcement as an annoyance rather than a protector. Law enforcement officers often feel underappreciated from the public that they protect every day. “The general public wants nothing to do with the police until they need us,” says Pocahontas Police Chief Al Henrickson...
The debate on the value of higher education for police officers continues to be one of the most persistent and pervasive issues in policing. Although there are several different interpretations of what constitutes a professional police officer there appears to be a consensus about the need for professionalism in policing. Researchers have attempted to measure performance through such variables as officer attitude, discretion, ethics, cynicism, decision-making, and use of deadly force. Despite the...
else but here.
How has terrorism impacted the police mission in the U.S.? What disagreements exist regarding the appropriate law enforcement behavior which fights terrorism but maintains personal liberties?
I feel that since 9/11, the use of police departments have slightly shifted.
For example, police departments have had to dig their heels in and provide defensive or “security” services instead of going out on the offensive, preventing crime.
Police now have to balance their staff and budgets...
Public Opinion of Police by Different Ethnic Groups :Speech
Good morning (evening or afternoon) ladies and gentleman. I would like your attention because I have a subject to discuss. I want to talk about the public's opinion towards police officers by different ethnic groups. There are many thoughts and public opinion on how the community feel towards the many police officers in this country. It is my personal opinion that people should not be hating on the police because they enforce the law, unless...
THE EFFECTS OF STRESS ON POLICE OFFICERS
Not much good news here.
The following is the text of a speech give by Dan Goldfarb to a group of union delegates on the impact stress can have on their men.
There has been a lot of research on the negative effects of stress on people in general. I am sure you know that police work is one of the top rated professions for job stress next to air traffic controllers and dentists. A good way to start this presentation, I think, is to give a good working...
Should Police have to have higher education than most citizens they face on a day to day basis?I say yes and here are some reasons. Police Education has been long since debated in the United States . Law Enforcement must be the one who are properly educated if they are the ones who make sure that laws and rules are being followed . Serves as the It will serve as guide in police professionalism . Education in our policemen is very important with how they perform their duties and responsibilities
Why does the public find use of force by police so disturbing? Are the police using more force?
With so much going on in the media, the public is more terrified of the police. Many are not comfortable with calling up Law Enforcement. Many feel police officers abuse their authority. It seems as if they’re abusing their authority as police officers. In many situations claiming self-defense. Young teens and children being gunned down by law enforcement. Many afraid to call upon law enforcement, afraid...
Police Brutality
When one thinks of a cop what should come to mind is “hero”. Cops should be a sign of safety, when a cop comes around you should feel safe and protected. Although a few years ago it was that way it is no longer true. Now day’s cops are seen as people you want to stay away from, people are afraid of them. Cops are now abusing, assaulting, and killing innocent people, this is called police brutality. Police brutality can be caused by policeman’s ability to assume everyone...
Unnecessary Force by Police
Sherry Morley
September 22, 2014
Leslie Adams
There are too many accidental deaths by the police in the United States. Whether it be shooting an unarmed teen, putting people in choke holds, or just simply beating a man that cannot even get on the floor in a hurry, because he is on crutches. There is a big hysteria over all the unarmed shootings, such as in Ferguson, MO, Philadelphia, PA, and then the using of choke holds. The New York Police Department used...
homosexual issues. Explanations of why sexual orientations differ are still inadequate, and in a society that can still be hostile towards &deviant& sexual relationships, particularly in conjunction with various other co-factors such as occupation, can affect self-esteem, the development of personal identity, Christian ethics
and general psychological functioning.
Many straight male police officers are against anything feminine.
Being a competent female officer challenges assumptions that policing...
Police Officers: Heroes of the 21st Century
It is the bad things that the media highlights in the news when it comes to law enforcement and the bad things that people remember when it comes to police officers. The job of an officer changes daily and from one cir they must use their best judgment to make the best decision in the most critical of times ensure the safety of everyone. With the advancement of technology and weapons of all sorts, law enforcement has come a long way...
Why Police Need Unions
Police unions are growing in today's law enforcement environment, since they first began in the early twentieth century. Police unions are organizations that work together with employees to avoid suffering unfairness from their superiors (Gant, 1993). Not only to avoid unfairness in benefits, pay and security, but also when it comes to representing an officer who lost his job unfairly. Unions fight for the rights of the employees not that of the employer. The unions provides...
signature):
Melissa Sinnett
Police History Paper
Melissa Sinnett
Introduction to Police Theories and Practices/CJA 214
12/02/2012
Mr. Clifton Franklin
As you sit on the side of the road with the blue lights of the police car parked behind you lighting up the interior of your car you sit and shake your head.
The patrol officer walks up and politely asks you that one little question “Do you know why I pulled you over?”
Of course you know because when the lights came on you looked down and the speedometer...
guards to police officers, each law enforcement agent does his or her part in maintaining the laws and justice. By serving the community and providing safety to society, police officers especially have a job that should be admired.
The most highly sought-after and desirable profession is that of a police officer. The aspects of this job are appealing even to young children. Helping people, serving the community, and ensuring safety locally is certainly something people would love to do. Officers feel...
Why cops are called Pigs
Men and women all across the U.S. are being beaten down by cops. Video and pictures have been taken to prove this yet this still happens every day. The American Court System is so naive and gullible that they don't understand that assault and battery charges filed by the police are a cover-up for police brutality. All the Quality control mechanisms of government exist only to protect the agency that they are trying to control. Ronald Reagan once summed up the problem before...
Work equals home:
Police confined by residency requirements
Introduction to Law Enforcement
Professor Joseph Alkus
Bethanie Sessoms
April 11th, 2013
Introduction
As a particular saying goes, “Home is where the heart is.” This statement rings true to many individuals who view home as an escape from the outside world, an abode, a place of relaxation and comfort. For police officers, they too hold a similar notion, viewpoint of home. Yet for some, officers are restricted to where exactly...
Criminal Justice Online -- Fall 2012
The decision to enter into a career in law enforcement begins with the applicant entering into a certified training facility, referred to as a Police Academy.
The police academy provides the applicant two choices for their training, a six month full time session, or a twelve month part time session.
During a full time session, the applicant will devote at the minimum a forty hour week in training which includes a battery of physical fitness training...
Synopsis of
The New Police Report Manual
Devallis Rutledge
WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
A Field Training Officer (FTO), Rutledge (Author), is on patrol with a patrol officer. He has to type his first police report and is not doing a good job.
His officer was disappointed at what he ha he’s going to show the rookie how it’s done.
The officer’s report was not only 50% longer, but full of jargon.
The rookie cop stated, “Why do we write like that?”
“Because that’s the way we’ve...
How Badly Do You Want To Be Successful?
How badly do you want to be successful? It’s a pretty simple question isn’t it, and I’m sure you and everyone else who has ever
very badly or that they would do anything to be successful. But would they really? See everyone wants to be successful but no one wants to work for it. We see successful people and think to our selves “Oh if they can do it why can’t I?” That is very true, its not like successful people have two heads or special...
motivational speech How Bad Do You Want It?
There was a young man, you know, who wanted to make a lot of money and so he went to this guru, right. And he told the guru you know I wanna be on the same level you are, and the guru said if you wanna be on the same level I’m on, I’ll met you tomorrow at the beach.
So the young man got there 4 A.M. he’s all ready to rock n’ roll. Got on a suit, should of wore shorts. The old man grabs his hand and said: How bad do you wanna be successful? He said:...
Review of:Why You Do The Things You Do
Clinton, Dr. Tim & Sibcy, Dr. Gary. (2006). Why You Do the Things You Do:
The Secret of Healthy Relationships.
Nashville:
Thomas Nelson.
Relationships are in our everyday life all around us, but the most intimate relationships we have include God, our parents, our children and our spouse.
God implanted the desire for intimacy or relationship within us when He created Adam and Eve.
God hardwired the desire for relationship in us...
audience starts off restless, mentally lethargic, and in some cases sleepy. You have to snap them out of it. If your introduction fails there’s very little chance of getting them back. Your hook can include anything from a humorous anecdote to a shocking or controversial statement. Which one you choose depends entirely on your subject matter and audience.
This can follow or come before your thesis statement. Obviously, you want to make this as enticing as possible. Asking a rhetorical question is a...
08 May 2015
How Many Police Shootings Really Occur?
In the United States, the public tends to keep track of a lot of things. They have data on
how many pigs and hogs are in the United States. The government has data on how many people
have been victims of shark attacks that were humanly provoked in 2010. So why can the public
not have data on how many people have been killed by police officers in the United States? Is the
problem with society, or is it with the police force? There are many questions that need to be ...
are free from police custody until the next stage of the process of the case (trial). The custody officer has the power to either decide if bail is granted or not.
If the officer refuses to grant bail they must present the case to magistrate court soon as possible.
Bail means that after someone has been charged they are free from police custody until the next stage of the process of the case (trial). The custody officer has the power to...
Tinker-Martin6
Police Brutality, Have Times Really Changed
The history of Police Brut especially people of color has left America wondering have times changed. Police brutality has deemed the opportunity for socioeconomic advancement or access to good and services for many Black/African Americans dating back as far as 1955. The system of Police brutality has affected many realms of society for minorities’ employment and family life. After some scholarly research, police brutality...
Ethics in Pakistan Police |
Group Members
* Sumeet kumar Parwani (1246133)
* Faizan Abdul Rahim (1246108)
* Vikash Kumar (1246139)
* Hanesh Kumar(1146110)
* Syed Danial Haider(1266119)
* Abdul Samad Hussain(1246102)
* Zeeshan(1166111)
* Rameez Murtaza Abbasi(1166118)
* Abrar ahmed khan (1011206)
* Sakeena Haider Naqvi (1244343)
* Waqas jokhio (1166122) |
Submitted To
Police, Law & Society
Struggles Facing Women in the Police Force
Women have made major progress compared to where they were a hundred years ago. Women once did not work outside the home, now they are right up there with men in the jobs category. Most thought that to be a police officer you had to be a male because they are stronger and show less weakness, but overtime woman fought back to be allowed in the force. The first woman to become an officer was in 1905...
white-collar crime you
may ask. White-collar is defined as, ‘a generic term for crimes involving commercial fraud, cheating consumers, swindles, insider trading on the stock market, embezzlement and other forms of dishonest business schemes. The term comes from the out of date assumption that business executives wear white shirts and ties. It also theoretically distinguishes these crimes and criminals from physical crimes, supposedly likely to be committed by &blue collar& workers.”
Many people do not realize...
shown that police are more likely to abuse blacks rather than whites and this is caused by racial profiling. But through the history of police brutality, police brutality was first used after a police officer was described beating a civilian in 1633. Police brutality is the abuse of force and it is usually through physical. But there are other ways to abuse which are verbally and sometimes psychologically and this is done by a federal or state authorities which are the police officers. The history...
Discuss your reasons for wanting to become a Naval Nurse Officer. (Limit 2500 characters)
As a young man entering my senior year of high school, my mind races as I try to figure out what it is that I’ll commit my life to.
What will be the driving passion, the purpose of my existence, the reason I get out of bed every morning to face another day of this life? Some people would try to encourage me to choose a career simply for its potential to make me wealthy. However, looking at the degenerate...
to mind when we think of “Police Officers”. In elementary school, the most common phrase students would be asked was “what do you want to be when you grow up”, and the most common response would be “a police officer”; and now sadly, most are rethinking this occupational choice. The authority that most cops these days believe they
they think that they can take advantage of everything and everybody simply by the power of their badge. Police officers need to have more discipline...
APatrick Downey
Mr. Ausmus
9 March 2009
Police Officer
. Introduction
b. Attention Getter
i. To get you attention I would like to inform you about what a police officer gets to carry with him at all times in order to protect himself from the bad guys: his first line of defense is his pepper spray, than asp, than handcuffs, than tazer, than his weapon that has a fifteen round clip with one in the chamber making sixteen rounds, if he runs out of that he has two more clips on his...
INTRODUCTION For as long as policing has existed in America, there has been misconduct and corruption associated with any given policing agency. Police officer malfeasance can range from minor cases of misconduct to the downright criminal acts that are considered to be corruption. It is important to state here that not all police officers are guilty of misconduct and/or corruption, but like everything in our media-based society, the ?bad? cops are of much more interest and therefore are what this...
SHOOTING IN FERGUSON MO.
THE SHOOTING IN FERGUSON MO.
Why has the shooting of eighteen year old Michael Brown affected my community? Some say it was a race issue others say it was police brutality. Racism being a very sensitive matter in the community that I live in, all though I do not live in Ferguson City, it is only a twenty minute drive from my front door. It has effected where I live as it brings up civil rights, police use of unlawful and deadly force, and racism issues. The shooting...
“Anything you say can and will be used against you…” – police officers everywhere say before arresting an individual.
Police officers are entrusted by the people to protect and defend those in need no matter what race, age, culture, or religion a person may be. But what if that was not the case anymore. What if we are putting our lives in the hands of those that can be corrupted, racist, and bias? Events such as the Rodney King case, Ferguson, and many more have shown that police officers these days...
Term Paper
Police Discretion
Discretion, uncertainly, and inefficiently are rampant and essential in criminal justice. Nobody expects perfection. That would neither be good nor fair. Justice is a sporting event in which playing fair is more important than winning. Law enactment, enforcement, and administration all involve trading off the possibility of perfect outcomes for security against the worst outcomes. Policing is the most visible part of this: employees on the bottom have more discretion...
Have a great research document you think will help inspire other StudyMode members?
Share your document
Get full access to more research and tools for only $0.33/day
Upgrade your Membership
More great study tools:

我要回帖

更多关于 if i should return 的文章

随机推荐